Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sid

Sid

The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Empty
PostSubject: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime8th November 2016, 1:30 pm

Minerva adjusted her armor, checking herself over a bit in the mirror. She straightened her skirt and smoothed her bang over her missing eye. She looked at her crimson red hair, lost in thought a bit. She didn't think she would be comfortable with her lack of an eye. It just didn't seem possible to her. She shook her head a bit and turned on her heel in order to walk briskly from her room. She would be late for her meeting with Summer-sensei if she spent any more time here doting on her appearance.

She made her way through the streets of Dipu, heading off to a training ground near the academy. It seemed a good a place as any to meet up, since she and her teacher were going to be practicing combat. She had also taken the liberty of inviting Kori along to train with them, since they were a team. She had attempted to invite Audra, but the little rain maker had told her she was busy with "important things". Minerva had believed her, if only because the blue haired female had jumped at any other chance to be around Kori. Minerva thought about this a bit and smiled, thinking about her two friends actually becoming a couple. Audra wouldn't be the first adorable stalker to wind up with the object of their one sided affections. In fact, Minerva had just read a story with a similar plot line, where a pink haired girl pinned after a raven haired vampire with blood red eyes. Then they wound up in a love triangle with this blonde kitsune and the whole thing got weird. She couldn't recall the name of the story at the moment, but it had been an interesting read. By the time she snapped out of her reverie, she had arrived at the training yard. She sat on a nearby bench in order to wait, a romance novel appearing in her lap in order for her to pass the time.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime8th November 2016, 2:24 pm

One of her students it would seem. So odd to think that she was now training a team, an all female one as it happened. She let out a soft laugh and thought about the group, they were all different, all unique in their own way and that was good. They were strong friends already it seemed and she was glad of that. A Toketsu, a Zakiyoshi and a Ronin... They were close to her team, especially with the Ronin's leaning towards weaponry. A pink eye watched the young girl as she walked into the training courtyard, Summer herself sitting high up on a roof nearby. Even from here she could feel the girl's rhythm, the way her heart beat, how she stepped, how her neurons fired as she focused on things, all like a sound, a background hum that Summer could pick up on. It was a strange thing, this analysis she could do but it was helpful, powerful and somewhat terrifying for those that hadn't experienced it before.

The sensation of falling into a person's rhythm was strange to say the least, feeling her own movements syncing with theirs, a strange kind of trance falling over her as the world became a little less real to her perception. Not enough that it would hinder her but the rhythm was much louder now. She stepped up and hopped off the building, landing silently on the ground and walking towards the young girl. She wouldn't notice a thing of course, Summer was hiding within plain sight, stepping between the pulses of her subconscious so that she was all but invisible, the toll was quite great on her body she could already tell but she liked this feeling and she wanted to use it a little more. She slid onto the bench next to Minerva, two feet away, just outside of the detection range where her conscious mind could actually see Summer. She then let herself fall from the rhythm so that she appeared as if from nowhere, sitting directly beside the girl.

"A missing eye, much like myself, a blade carried for a purpose... It's nice to see you again Minerva, I hope I didn't startle you too much." She said with a smile, looking over to the girl and bringing one leg up to put her foot on the bench, the seven swords she carried arrayed on her back, easily drawn and swung. She wasn't wearing any clothing that would mark her out apart from her forehead protector which was tilted down to cover her right eye and a thick scarf that was pulled up over her mouth, hiding her cheeks as well. Other than that she wore black boots and shorts and a snow camouflage bomber jacket, the trails of her scarf disappearing over her shoulder. She was a Sannin now but she really didn't feel like one.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime8th November 2016, 3:28 pm

Kori was running a little later than she had hoped to, and for once not at anyone elses fault but her own. With her younger sister busy she hadn't even been fussing over someone. If anything at least, she had completed her first proper battle outfit. It was however a little too tight, so the minutes of lateness was for squeezing herself in to it. Crushing on both her team mates, with Audra gradually crawling to the top of her attention, had some difficulties when she was trying to look attractive to them both, whilst also showing off her making skills.

She was however thankful for the area chosen for their meeting, as it meant that before too long an arrow would come flying down in the clearing in front of both Summer and Minerva, before the ice that made up the arrow morphed into a mirror for her to step through, out of breath and bow still in hand. "S-Sorry... this... oh god this is tighter than I expected," She would say whilst taking as deep breaths as the top of her 'armour' would allow. As she dropped into a low bow to apologise to her team mate and mentor, she slid the bow into the holster on the back of her belt. "No Audra? She's usually here before me,"
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime17th November 2016, 1:59 pm

A voice had startled her, her head snapping up to look at the woman before her and her book falling to the ground. Her read hair flicked behind her and her single eye widened in fear. Said eye landed on the pink haired woman that was her sensei and she let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. Summer had just....appeared.  She couldn't have been that into her book, could she? Even so, she would've been able to hear something. Or at least feel her presence. But she hadn't realized the woman was there. Something had to be going on, making Minerva's brows crinkle just a bit. She shook her head and picked up a book, taking a few deep breaths as she did so in order to calm her heart. It was fluttering like a humming bird in her chest. When she sat back up, she turned to her sensei with a smile "It's nice to see you as well, Summer-sensei. But I would like to ask...how you did that." She tilted her head, her bang purposely falling over her missing eye. Even though her mentor shared the same disability she had, she still felt self-conscious about it "You weren't there, and then you were. I couldn't have been that into my book, no matter the circumstances. Plus this book isn't that interesting anyway." She quickly sent the book to her pocket dimension in a swirl of smoke before her mentor could see the cover. She was actually reading the first book in the Icha Icha series: Icha Icha Paradise. And it was anything but boring.

Before her mentor had any space to answer her, an arrow landed a bit a ways for them. She looked at Summer a bit longer before turning to look at the arrow, she already knew that it was Kori's arrow. When the girl with white hair appeared, Minerva smiled a bit at her teammate. At the mention of Audra, the girl shook her head a bit "Audra said she was busy with something today, so she won't be able to make it. It's just me, you and Summer-sensei." She motioned to indicate their mentor before turning back to look at the woman with the vibrant hair. Minerva had to admire their team for their unnatural hair colors. Her own hair was a deeper red than most had seen, appearing the same color as blooming roses in one light and then freshly spilt blood in another. Audra's hair was a deep calming blue, reminding Minerva of the depths of the ocean whenever she looked at the girl. Kori's hair was the color of winter and snow, the symbols of her clan. This was funny, because when she thought of Kori's hair white roses and lilies were brought to mind, not the coldness of winter. Summer's hair was pink, the color of....well the color of Summer. Minerva didn't really associate the color with anything other than her sensei. It was a unique color, one that fit the Sannin well "About my question..." the girl began, hoping her mentor would answer her earlier question. Minerva really wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime25th November 2016, 7:21 pm

Shock, that was a reaction she was expecting from Minerva but the curiosity was the more interesting one. She wanted to know what had happened and how Summer had been able to do that. That was good. Of course the surprise had caused the younger girl's book to fall and with a rush of air being pushed out of the way, Summer's sword was suddenly extended, the hilt catching the book and flicking it up onto Minerva's lap. Summer clutched the blade in her hand and then sheathed the weapon, the speed of it probably being completely impossible to notice by the other female. Once her sword was back, she stood up and smiled to the pair of them, putting her hands together and then bowing afterwards. "Hello you two. As you know, I am Summer Osuna, Sannin of Dipugakure. It is a pleasure to meet you both. It's upsetting that Audra cannot join us as I hoped to do some team training with you three but I can understand. Hm... Now then, the pair of you... A Toketsu and a Rikigaku."

Summer spent a good few minutes stroking her chin, doing her best to ignore Minerva's question for the moment. "I want a full description of your combat capabilities and also your goals in that field. I might then have you spar each other or spar against me so that I can see for myself." She said and then turned to Minerva. She had already melded into Kori's rhythm and thus would appear to utterly disappear to the girl despite standing only three feet away, nothing about Summer would be noticeable. "This is called Trackless Step. It allows me to step within the spaces of the mind, becoming invisible to all but the subconscious, appearing only at the last second as I step too close for the conscious mind to be unable to see me." She told Minerva before releasing the Trackless Step, appearing from thin air within Kori's view. "It only works on a single person at a time, unless you are incredibly good at it, but the physical toll of it on the body is immense. I am sure you understand the benefits to the technique though." She smiled and then crossed her arms over her chest, waiting to see what her two pupils would tell her.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime28th November 2016, 3:21 pm

Kori barely reacted when Summer vanished in front of them. Or she tried to anyway. Whilst the rest of her body remained stiff, her eyes widened and began to scan about trying to catch a glimpse of anything that might tell her where their tutor had gone or of any movement at all. This same surprise was just as evident when Summer then reappeared to them. She rubbed the back of her hair, messing fingers through her hair as she listened to the explanation. She didn't quite get it. But then again, she realised a little what other people probably thought when she explained her Demonic Mirror Dimension. "Seems pretty damn useful," Kori answered rather blank and bluntly. "... how would that work through my mirrors?" She let loose the chasm of curiousity as she very quickly became more animate. "I mean... I doubt I could learn to do something so powerful but surely if we ever went into combat together, don't you think using that through my mirrors would allow the multiple targetting? ... hrm... I imagine of all people you could perhaps."
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd December 2016, 5:04 pm

Minerva nodded at her mentor's words, taking them in. She decided to tell about her battle capabilities before trying something out "I am indeed a Rikigaku, one of the Destruction path. As such, I am trained somewhat in the art of destroying all manner of weapons. I am a Ronin, and I have dubbed my ability The Armory. It has created a sort of pocket dimension where I can store all manner of objects." Minerva decided a demonstration would be good here. She held her hand out, palm up, and an elegant sword appeared there in a swirl of smoke "This is Heartsbane. It was gifted to me by my adoptive mother and I have resolved to only draw it to end the lives of Pandorans." There was no malice in her voice as she said this, but sadness glittered in her one eye. She cleared her throat quietly as if to compose herself before speaking once more "As such, I have devised a fighting style that allows me to damage my enemies with the sheath of my sword as if it were a blade itself. That's about it for me. Kori, you're up." She looked at her teammate expectantly.

As Kori spoke, Minerva copied what Summer had done. It was difficult, as it seemed to be a technique Summer had devised for her use and her use only, but the explanation helped. Minerva began examining Kori in preparation for falling into the other girl's rhythm. When Kori had finished, Minerva nodded and looked towards her mentor "I believe I have down the basics of this technique, but I won't be able to copy it for long. Could you teach me Trackless Step fully, Sensei?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime2nd January 2017, 6:00 pm

"That is the secret to Trackless Step. Although you have multiple viewpoints through the Mirrors, you are still only one person. With this technique you learn to read someone, more than just their face, their body, you learn to become one with the rhythms of their body, shifting between the pulses of their mind and heart and disappearing from their consciousness. You do not actually turn invisible although it can seem like that, what you do is simply step through their subconscious thoughts, the little bits of information that we do not normally process until the moment where subconscious and conscious react at the same moment, which is incredibly close to a foe. If I stepped another foot or two closer to you, you would have seen me again as that is how the technique works. For you, Kori, I would suggest not learning this technique as the physical strain is immense and it is possible that multiple images of yourself would ruin the effect, causing you to be seen simply by observing the reflections." She told the two of them before sitting down on the bench again and narrowing her eyes.

"As for you, Minerva. With your capabilities as a Ronin, it might be worthwhile for you to learn as you will be focusing on the physical a lot due to your swordsmanship. Fighting with a sheathed weapon is something I considered earlier in my career but I decided to fight with my fists instead. The sheathed weapon allows increased blunt force damage rather than slicing and lends itself to a code of honour, something you might find worthwhile to meditate on, formulate and set yourself to. Now then, I'm going to introduce you to an ally of mine and together we'll begin training. I want both of you to lightly spar with one another, nothing over B-Rank, I'll call it when I decide victory. This will allow myself and Muninn to gauge your combat potential and see what can be improved on." She smiled and performed a few hand seals before putting her hand to the ground. With a puff of smoke, a particularly huge Raven with a single eye was left standing there, watching over them. Silver and white tufts edged his feathers and he brought a wing around, coughing quietly into it to clear his throat.

"Greetings, Toketsu, Ronin. I am Muninn, Elder of the Crows." He said bluntly, his voice deep and commanding and he sat down, glaring at them with his single, nearly glowing, eye. "Now fight, let me observe." With that, the two of them waited to see what would happen.

Summer:

Muninn:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 6:53 am

"Muninn?" Kori repeated curiously before watching Summer performing the seals that formed the summoning before the majestic looking bird, or in Kori's eyes at the very least, appeared in front of them. She would then look over to Minerva with a slight smile, "Well, I suppose it'll be good for us right?" She stepped back a few feet putting a good 20ft between them, getting into position and waiting, hand forwards in the Seal of Confrontation, whilst the other was positioned rather clearly behind her. She knew her 'gimick' was well known to Minerva and she probably knew how to combat it, so she would have to go a different path. As she prepared herself she relaxed the guard she placed on her natural cooling of the air around them, exhaling as a mist of frost expelling from her mouth, pouring some of her own strength into cooling the area. The slight puff of her cheeks would show a close observer her follow up technique, activating her genjutsu technique by making use of the cold air she was spilling forth to make Minerva feel the biting cold winds cutting at her body, preparing to give the C-rank of mental damage if Minerva wasn't able to push it off. All whilst she worked her techniques she drew her bow, ready.

Used:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 8:24 am

Minerva would bow to the large raven as a show of respect "I hope you can give us insight on how best to use out abilities, Muninn-sama." She turned to Kori and formed the Seal of Confrontation just as her friend did. She felt the slicing winds upon her as the area grew cold. Toketsu were notorious for using their Winter's Breathe to their advantage, and Minerva had not yet invested in her clan's Kai arts. Since Kori didn't seem to be using her Mirrors as of yet, she would take advantage of that. Rather than wasting her reserves she would take the mental damage. However she was a Ronin, and their strength was legendary. She pushed through the winds with B-Rank Strength in order to close the distance with Kori as quickly as possible. As she moved, Heartsbane manifested in her hands at C-Rank Speeds, Minerva swinging it forward with B-Rank Strength still sheathed. The strike was aimed at her teammate's ribcage in order to not damage her too much. Due to her form, she would deal a B-Rank of blunt damage to Kori's torso whilst stunning her for a short duration, should the hit land.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 11:12 am

Kori wouldn't let it show, but she'd recently finished working on something in secret. And she wanted to show off. Not for Summer, or the crow. She wanted to show off for Minerva. Whilst she was still cooling the air around them, she would flex her right hand whilst the left held her bow, not letting it be seen right away what she was doing. She instead never moved, straightening her back, letting the blow strike whilst the hand moved in and grabbed Minerva's arm holding the weapon as it was striking her. She grunted hard as she felt the frost ridden body... break. It was a whole new feeling, like her body was tearing apart at the seems, and yet she then felt that same area pulling back. But she couldn't focus too much on that now, she knew it was her Glacial Infusion's effect, protecting her with the A-Defence she hoped for, but knew she had to wait for it to repair to make use of it's advantages again. As she pushed herself back at B-rank speeds, she let go of Minerva's wrist, revealing that she had cast her juinjutsu, activating as she moved back.

Glacial Infusion:
Learned and Used:
Also learned:

Last edited by Zakiyoshi on 3rd January 2017, 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 11:52 am

Cherish would pop out of the ground behind the bench that Summer was sitting on, she had made a point to practice her stealth, it wasn't as effective on say her pack member but for others she was getting pretty good at sneaking up behind people. Or would the term be under? Either way when she emerged she wouldn't say anything but would instead plop next to her long time friend and bunch up her legs while she watched the two girls spar. If Muninn noticed her she would incline her head in greeting while she fished for a cigarette and her Bake used a brief bit of chakra manipulation to ignite it with blue flames. "So, making them spar huh, I remember when we used to do that was fun. Pity I'm so busy nowadays in the hospital I always wanted to mess around with your squad. Oh well there is always the next one." she said, not with words at least but by virtue of their connection, Truthfully what King and Polaris had given them was truly a boon, and knowing each others emotions was just the tip of it. As for her Bake, it would linger around debating whether to wrap it's arms around Summer or preform it's usual duty of massaging Cherish's shoulders not that anyone could see it's current crisis though.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 11:58 am

Not only would the pack connection let Summer know that Cherish was close but the sensory aura she possessed and Muninn cocking his head, his reaction tiers picking up on Cherish as she slid out of the ground. A smile crossed Summer's face and she turned to look at Cherish before leaning over, resting her head quickly on her friend's shoulder as a form of hug. She needed to look prim and proper after all, she was a sannin and was training two members of her squad but she really did want to be silly with her teammate. After lifting her head she nodded and continued watching the two of them fight. "They're already so tough, taking blows like that is difficult for a ninja like Kori but I'm sure Muninn-sama knows why it's happening. So what brings you around these parts today, manage to get an intern or squad member of your own working in the hospital instead or is it just a day off? I wonder how Omito is getting on." She sent back through the pack connection, thankfully aware that Omito definitely was still alive, his connection was still strong and steady in her mind. "I remember sparring like that, Omito turning invisible, you always hiding underground, I was the only person that was left in the open all the time, hardly seemed fair..." She chuckled quietly and stuck the tip of her tongue out to let her best friend know she was joking.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 12:14 pm

Cherish would smirk, as she could tell Summer was in her official mode, though it was concealed behind a plume of smoke as she watched the spar. She too wondered what their other pack member was up to beyond the traces of emotion from him she figured that it had to do with his assignments in the Hunter-Nin Corps. She didn't ask whenever she did see him albeit as rarely as that was nowadays despite living together with him he had his privacy so did she and if their really was anything wrong she and Summer would know before anyone else did. Oh, just bored Girlie, I had been looking for something to do and thought why not, I always get good ideas for new techniques watching other people spar anyways so I figured I'd see what your students were up to while I'm at it. she said while her Bake came to a decision and would pick the former choice. Surely if it was an invisible hug then it shouldn't disrupt her teammates poised and collected demeanor.

"Trickery and deceit is the shinobi way, not all of us are honorable samurai, hehe." Cherish would comment just as the battle went into full swing. She wasn't the type to notice things at least not with perception her skill set never drew that to her attention but she understood the more subtle things in combat so when she saw Kori withdraw her smirk would turn into a nod fully expecting the real attack to manifest itself. She too had taken advantage of a frontal attack to do something more insidious to her opponents so she could appreciate it, though she was interested in seeing whatever it was that Minerva did to counter-act it.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 12:40 pm

She would not admit it, but Minerva had been practicing herself in secret. She felt that she needed to push herself further because she was the only one among her teammates to come from a Hiden clan. She needed an edge and she found that in her innate command over physical techniques. The speed at which her teammate reached for her wrist was easily traceable, the redhead jerking her wrist away with D-Rank speed. This caused her to change to a one-handed grip on her sword in order to carry the attack through. As soon as the hit landed, her sword vanished in a whirl of smoke at C-Rank speeds, Minerva dropping into a low spinning kick aimed at Kori's legs. Minerva used her Strength to facilitate the kick, dealing B-Rank damage to Kori's legs as well as knocking her back 20ft. Should this kick land, Minerva would rise from the spin, using the momentum to bring her fist square into Kori's chest. This punch was executed with C-Rank Strength and Speed, culminating in a B-Rank of damage directly to Kori's chest. This punch released a small shockwave with it and Kori would still be knocked backwards due to the leading kick, plus an additional 3ft from the punch.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 2:46 pm

Kori grunted as she was thrown back, failing to deliver on her juinjutsu, however as it didn't connect the technique she would use would be left unknown. With the sword breaking her torso, she still felt it repairing as she slammed into the ground after both the kick and punch, dealing a lot of harm to her body, though at least with the cold working in fixing her up again, if unfortunately not as fast as Minerva seemed capable to give. A smirk crossed her face as she looked up to see both the hand and leg giving off an icy mist. At least the direct damage to her did some retaliation. Flipping her way back to her feet, she grabbed at her stomach, exhaling quickly like she was catching her breath, when instead she was filling the air with her cold breath, willing the temperature to drop further into the next 'stage' as she moved back in 5ft at B-rank speed to get back into the prior radius. "Sorry about the hand and foot, 'Claws of the White Wolf' my clan calls it. Didn't mean to give you the cold shoulder," She joked, a rare occurance, using her speech in aiding her in attempting to trigger the Exothermic Illusion - Rending Winds once again, with the increased cold able to deal that much more, this time capable of dealing a B-rank of mental damage. With her eyes up on Minerva, prepared to move if she needed to, she quickly formed her hand seals and slammed her palm into the ground. She was still showing off afterall. Spreading out beneath her was the ice chakra, both pulling from and adding to the icy mist in the air as it coated the grounds around them, "And this subset... is the Frozen Colloseum,"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 4:03 pm

Minerva realized that fighting a Toketsu at close range was not a good idea. So, as her teammate hit the ground, she moved herself backwards 10ft at B-Rank speeds in order to distance herself. She wasn't good at playing range games, but she would do her best. She pulled three kunai from a pouch hidden in her skirt, Minerva throwing them forth at her teammate with B-Rank Strength, the kunai moving at B-Rank speed aiming to deal piercing damage equal to said speed.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 4:47 pm

Having kept her eyes on Minerva the whole time, she simply watched her stepping back and narrowly out of the range of the technique. Even then she was prepared. She was able to catch the kunai being thrown at her, the twinkle in her iced over eyes as she picked up everything she needed with the Glacial Infusion on her eyes giving the B++ Reaction. Feet on the ice, she needed only to push herself off as she rather elegantly moved only a few feet to the right at B+ rank speeds, thanks to said ice and her Toketsu mastery, stepping out of the way of the kunai. As she twirled from the side, Kori twisted her fingers into forming a bundle of 9 arrows made of ice whilst getting one prepared into her bow. Pulling back she felt the tug on her chest vanishing as the healing finished up, giving her back the defences, pulling back the string and firing, making use of her B rank speed to bring the next arrow in and firing, going for eight shots. What she wouldn't show was the true reasoning behind them; going into retrying her Rending Winds for the B-rank Mental Damage through the arrow proximity.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 7:11 pm

Having thrown three kunai, Minerva had twelve left in reserve. She watched the arrows come at her and pulled nine kunai from the same pouch. She threw them in a similar way, her B-Rank Strength giving them B-Rank speed and piercing damage. This would've been enough to destroy the arrows and carrying through, though their speed dropping to C-Rank. She pulled another kunai from her pouch, this one with an explosive tag attached waiting for Kori's next move "Summer-sensei, I believe this match is coming to a bit of a standstill. Has Muninn-sama collected enough information for use to take a minor break?" Minerva was a physical person, so the strain of such physical activity wasn't having too much of an effect on her. She just didn't like staying idle like this for too long.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mitsuton on 3rd January 2017, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 7:35 pm

Kori had expected just that, for Minerva to throw more kunai to shatter the arrows. However she also forgot the ruling Summer had given them. "Ha!" She cried out, forming a hand seal as one arrow hidden in the bunch suddenly changed form, spreading rapidly into one of Kori's long rectangular mirrors. Whilst the mirror was at the back, the rest of the arrows were still shattered, but the kunai would go no further, including the one extra kunai that hadn't had an arrow to block which only confirmed for Kori she'd tricked her, halting the mirror after another 5ft closer to Minerva. She formed a new single arrow, not caring in making multiple, and using her B+ speed to ready the arrow in her bow. Beneath her the spare arrow she hadn't fired had shifted like the other into a mirror. With that she fired her arrow straight down into the mirror as it instead then flew out of the one 10ft away, skipping the whole extra 20ft thanks to the mirrors, and would mean Minerva needed a B-rank reaction speed to avoid it. Even so, Kori had aimed the arrow for Minerva's armoured torso where she could do a bit damage if it hit but wouldn't be too much for the girl to handle, and certainly no less than she'd already taken herself as she only aimed to scratch.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 7:56 pm

The arrow pierced her armor, though it reduced the damage of the arrow enough for her natural defense to do the rest. She sometimes disliked her teammate's mirrors. She was a close ranged fighter and a woman of honor, so tricks like these had precious little place in her arsenal. But they were a powerful tool and she didn't fault her friend for exploiting them as much as she could. However, Minerva felt it was time to perform a little trick of her own. She stepped around the mirror so that she was in full view of her teammate, smirking playfully she spoke "It's not over yet, snowflake..." She now found it easy to sync to Kori's rhythm, her breathing slowing and her own pulse seeming to fall in line with her teammate's. To Kori, she would seem to vanish, but to Summer and Cherish she would be as plain as day. She moved forwards with her B-Rank Strength in order to close the distance with her teammate. Upon coming within 4ft, Minerva would appear once more but by then she would be flying into a familiar combo. She dipped into a low spin kick, sweeping Kori's feet from under her with B-Rank Strength. She rose as she continued to spin, once more slamming her fist into Kori's chest, this time with C-Rank Strength and Speed in order to send her flying at B-Rank speeds. Each strike would deal B-Rank damage, once to her legs and once to her chest, and would send her flying 23ft once more. Minerva backtracked at B-Rank speeds in order to distance herself from her teammate. She smiled sweetly at the white haired female, her hands moving up to cup the back of her head "Just felt like knocking you on your butt one more time, love." She casually looked down and realized the arrow was still lodged in her armor. She pulled it out and tossed it to the side before placing her hand back behind her head.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 8:10 pm

Knowing well enough what her students were capable of, Summer recognised immediately that the mirror was not something that was allowed in the fight. So although she was impressed with Minerva's ability to pick up Trackless Step so easily and utilise it in such a manner, she was not pleased with the rules of the fight being broken and the fight continuing. "One moment, Cherish..." Summer whispered before her sword licked out at SS-Rank speeds, sending her flying forwards and coming to a direct stop between her two students as she rammed her foot into the ground. Turning slightly, she put her leg in the way, stomping down slightly, her defense doubling as strength for a short moment so that Minerva's leg would slam into what felt like a steel wall, more than likely ruining the rest of the movement and leaving her lying flat on her back on the ground. Summer turned to look at Kori and shook her head.

"You forgot the rules, Kori Toketsu. That mirror was an A-Rank technique, too powerful for this spar. You are disqualified and Minerva wins, although she would have had you with her next strike, Trackless Step is powerful if used correctly. Now return." She said, turning and walking back to the bench, waiting for Kori to disperse her techniques. The Sannin sat down and smiled at Cherish, waving to Muninn for him to start lecturing the two of them. "I sometimes wish honour was an integral part of the Shinobi way but I know it cannot be so. My students are well, powerful too if they can learn to remember rules and the like... But they are still young-ish, I was more disciplined when I was their age but I'm a bit of a special case." She sent through the pack link, sticking her tongue out slightly. "Any students of your own yet or are you exempt from such duties?"

Muninn for his part hopped forwards and looked between the two of them, spending a few moments staring before sighing softly. "You are eager, the both of you, that much is obvious. However you both seem to wish to show off, to try and make yourselves seem much better, much more flashy than you are. That is not a good trait, although being eager is. Kori, you need to learn to follow rules when they are told, treat them like orders, it is possible that not listening to what you are told by a senior can result in your death out in the field, they know what they are doing, experience is the key to that. If you wish to know, ask Lady Summer about her scars one day, mayhaps she'll tell you the stories behind them. Your skills are great however, as is your elemental mastery, your Ice Release is particularly powerful and focusing on it is good, continue as you are on that front and it will see you well." He then turned his stern eye to the other girl. "Minerva... You put too much trust in your ability to take hits and come out unscathed. Being confident in your skills and natural talents is one thing, being brash is another. Learn to dodge and redirect, a sheathed sword has twice the defenses of an unsheathed one, perhaps you can use that to your advantage. Trackless Step will serve you well but remember, it takes time to activate, you must learn to be patient, to lie in wait until it is time to truly strike and if you must, draw your blade, let the steel taste blood, however rare it might be... For honour, although great, should not be the cause of your death. Any questions?"

Summer:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 8:19 pm

Kori couldn't help uttering a sharp cry as Summer interupted the spar, obviously putting it to an end. With a slight flush to her cheeks she would give Minerva a small bow out of respect. Placing her hand to the ground she disrupted the ice chakra in the ground, letting it begin to melt away rather quickly, if leaving the ground a little wet. All the while her mirrors shattered around her. As she moved over her arms folded behind her back, eager to listen to the critisism. She was being told off first, and that didn't really make her feel very good. She'd been so focused on everything that she'd forgotten that technically her Mirrors were an A-rank, "... I'm sorry, I just... sometimes I forget my Mirrors, no matter if I use the parent technique or the 'single mirror' varient from my Ice shaping, is of that A-rank when the single only takes up a little chakra." She immediately bowed her head low, "Please forgive my terrible error," She then spun on her heels, giving that same apology to Minerva too.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime3rd January 2017, 8:32 pm

Minerva kicked herself up from her place on the ground when her sensei moved, walking over beside Kori to listen to Muninn. When the apology came, she simply wrapped her arm about Kori's shoulder in order to pull her close. She didn't hold any hard feelings and she could take a good beating. She gave the other girl's shoulders an affectionate squeeze before letting her go to face the raven's judgment. As he spoke about unsheathing her sword, her eye darkened a bit and her right hand flexed as if the blade was in her hand. Though the emotion the words woke in her were apparent in her body language, her tone was calm and respectful. She wouldn't let her anger towards Pandora translate over to her speech patterns with someone trying to help. That would be immensely rude "With all due respect, Muninn-sama, I made a vow over the spirits of my dead parents. I would not draw Heartsbane unless it was to end the life of a member of the Pandoran Empire. I will not break that vow, lest I tarnish their memories. I hope that one day I will be able to draw my sword for a less macabre cause, but that day will not arrive in the foreseeable future. I will however, work on using my sheathed weapon as a means for defense as well as attack, as well as my tendency to take attacks head on rather than avoid them. I am so used to being able to shrug off damage that it doesn't really register that heavy damage can be done to me."
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime6th January 2017, 12:30 pm

Cherish would nod, before snickering when one of them got disqualified for breaking one of the rules of the spar, it reminded her of the times when Summer would start to fight rather than make the seal of confrontation and she would have to quickly run away lest she get steamrolled. "Hehe, yep you were different. Still honor is for those who can afford to fight straight up, me I prefer trickery especially against those people capable of Iaido or super fast attack styles like you. Well then again, not as much as before I am much faster now at making hand seals. Still it's more comforting being safe and fighting someone than being right in front of them and thus in danger at all times." Cherish said when Summer got back to her and she would look at her pack members students before sighing almost wistfully when she was asked if she had any of her own. She was a medic-nin and thus had avoided the whole mandatory squad genin thing that jonin had to go through and she was grateful at least for now. She did know that she'd probably be assigned some Medic-Nin apprentice when she became a Combat Medical-Nin and she wasn't looking forward to that not in the slightest.

"Meh, I never wanted any. Actually, I always figured I'd just swing around whatever squad you had and teach them some things. None of the attachment or hard work, but still getting the benefits of having someone look up to you and passing on things to them. Teaching full time though never my thing, I'd hate to teach and be fully invested in the life of a student only for them to end up dead or something due to chance. You know we typically don't live long anyways, us shinobi I mean." she didn't really have to say much else really seeing as Summer would get exactly how she felt about the subject due to their bond. She would raise an eyebrow though hearing Minerva's words it was an interesting vow she had her own experience holding grudges so their was no judgement there but it was the second comment that made her speak. "You should get used to that, not all opponent's fight straight up, some rely on mental, others on poison, some are even worse with seals or can turn your own sturdiness against you and crush your body from the outside in, kiddo. she said while removing the cigarette she currently was smoking from her lips. All the examples were from experience whether her own or her pack members personal ones and those she had almost been close enough to witness. If was of her own personal opinion that if you were going to take a hit then you have to be prepared for all of those variables otherwise why bother exposing yourself to some risk just to look cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]   The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ladies of Winter, War and Death [Team Training]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next