Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bot

Bot

Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Empty
PostSubject: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime6th August 2020, 8:01 pm

The participants of the fight would be herded into metal boxes that had no windows or any way to look out of them, in fact they even seemed to shut off additional forms of sensory. The boxes were then lifted up and carried away to the fighting stage.

As the boxes hovered above the battlefield, a series of small messages would appear on the inside of the box in glowing pink font that spelled out what exactly was happening.

"You will be placed on a platform next to another individual. That is the person you are teamed with. The Finals are Cross-Team Doubles. Defeat the opposing team to win the round. Wins grant 2 points, Draws grant 1 point to each team, Losses count as 0 points. Battle starts in 5..."

The number then counted down, when it hit zero the first four combatants would drop onto the battlefield. Said battlefield was covered in sand with massive dunes littering the battlefield obscuring the locations of where the boxes fell while a strong breeze seemed to cycle through sending sand grains flying about.

The first team was dropped off, Iolana and Kirai, now having a streak of two back to back draws, it was obvious that they'd be trying their best to secure a win of some kind, but who knows whether the pressure was starting to get to them.

The second pair of boxes, one hundred feet ahead, albeit unknown to the participants due to the massive dunes scattered about, dropped off two other figures; Juliana and Gado, both of them had at this point gotten very used to fighting alongside one another after all this was their fifth fight together and the advantage their opponents initially had earlier in the finals probably wasn't too big of one now.

A klaxon then sounded out across the field, signaling the start of the first fight.

Battlefield (Howling Dunes):
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime7th August 2020, 6:40 pm

Iolana would look back on the fights and realise just how far she was coming in terms of her confidence. The first few rounds she had been all but hiding behind Kirai, she had gotten more confident in the last after the draw, and now having had another, she came out of the box with a focused expression. Her and Kirai were a powerful team who just so happened to get a little unlucky in only drawing, but it still meant it was better than losses. The last fight was a real tough one and pulling out a draw against Kotone was nothing short of a miracle in the Fushicho's eyes. This next one was going to be interesting. And just like before, Lana readied herself into her weapon form and joined to Kirai. <"I really don't like this arena. Just... sand and wind. It feels gross. Don't expect me to be in my cloak form... I'm just picturing the feeling of sand in my feathers and it's... Yeah not going to happen.">

Techs:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime8th August 2020, 2:17 pm

By this fight, Kirai was ready for what happened. She could still feel the phantom pains of the burns and wounds she had taken on that last fight even though they'd been healed away. That was a bad one and the fact they managed to draw was nothing short of a miracle. Kirai wasn't happy with just a draw though, she had to do better, she knew she was better. As she dropped out this time, her hands were going through hand seals even as she fell. Immediately three large orbs of lightning chakra flew out from her and ahead, blanketing the battlefield in lightning chakra so she could see. Once she had landed, she slid over to Iolana and grabbed the daggers the girl turned into. With their mental connection reestablished once more, Kirai immediately dashed forwards and slid into cover at the bottom of one of the dunes, snuggling into the sand, ignoring how it creeped into her hair and pores. If she could mask herself against the dune, she could ambush anyone that went over the top and take them out quickly. <"It's not great... But we can use it to our advantage, we don't need to see, so even if all the sand gets kicked up we can still find our way through. It's hot out here though, so lets try and finish this up quickly.">

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gado

Gado

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime9th August 2020, 12:59 am

After his defeat, Gado did a bit of stress eating in order to make himself feel better. ok, so he basically chocked the last fight and possibly made a bad decision. However, he didn't know much about the opponents and he was still learning. He lost, but he owned up to it. This time around, he found himself in some kind of sandy area, nothing like he experienced before while living in dipugakure. However, he wasted no time putting on his armor and clapping his hands to touch his head and his partner. If she recalls the sensation, it would be better to share some information with her. With Gado being overfull this time since he actually ate, maybe they would have a better shot.

"We have a notable advantage in sensory, maybe we can use a hiding technique in order to hide our presence? It's not that big though,  or we can get up close and personal. I'll take the hits for you like last time if it gets dangerous.

He then started to move at B rank speeds to try and track the other group, feeling them with his vibration sense.

"They are in the sand, but I'm not too sure why..."

Gado said this as he acted like a spotter and told Julianna exactly where kirai was hidden by the use of his vibration sense.

Bone Armor- S rank durability, S rank mental resistance, A rank chakra resistance

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime12th August 2020, 2:13 pm

Juliana would arrive in the battlefield with a game plan in mind and once she was linked up with Gado she would mull a couple of things over before finalizing said plan. "We'll do a modified version of what we did last time, I'm going to keep just winter's breath this time and we can fight them up close while wearing them down with cold. This time I'll stick behind and you can deal with them if they get close to us with me providing support while keeping them within my aura's range. I'll work on speeding up my winter's breath as much as possible this way we have a much shorter timeframe before we win." she thought mentally to Gado while she would follow his lead also moving at B-rank speeds so that while she kept her distance so he wasn't caught in her Winter's Breath she would be able to stick close enough to him to be able to duck behind him if needed.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime15th August 2020, 9:50 am

Inside the mental scape Iolana was flexing, her movements mirroring Kirai to keep up the AshWraith so she could continue to gather the ash materia. The thought occured to her just how useful this could actually be. Sure there was a difference between sand and ash, but together they could potentially make getting a good look on the two harder. A thought she passed right on to Kirai. There was an odd twinge in her bones, just thinking about this fight, and another thought coming to her. Compared to some of the other fields, this was... basic. The heat was high, but it was the course sand that was the issue. <"Ok Kirai, I don't know what to expect from the field so let's give you a little natural armouring,"> On queue, Kirai would feel as if her skin got tighter, yet no movement was given up in the exchange, all as Iolana passed on her natural weaponkin defences. <"Best thing is, they won't see me coming unless they could see us dropping from the boxes. Let's bring home another win Kiri, and we can go for a meal to celebrate with Asajj-sensei,"> As had begun getting more common as the rounds progressed, inside of the mental scape Iolana's confidence was growing, and for the first time she progressed beyond just humming tunes for Kirai, but actually singing for once.

<"Back together.
And we'm never going down at the hands of the likes of you because we're so much better.
And every part of me is saying "Go get her".
The two of us ain't gonna follow your rules.
Come at me without any of your fancy tools.
Let's go, just me and you.
Let's go, just one on two.">

Techs:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime22nd August 2020, 7:30 pm

The sound of Iolana being so confident, so happy made Kirai smile. If her friend was confident about this, what did she have to worry about? There wasn't a foe that the pair of them couldn't defeat. Of course, Kirai didn't know the sort of sensory her opponents were packing just yet, so while her lack of movement meant that the vibration sensory which was fairly out of range, didn't work... The mental sensory she couldn't do anything about. Of course the moment her opponents drew in range to sense her, they had already stepped into the zones of static electricity she had set up and both of them flared to life in her own senses.

<"Let's do this, when we're together, we're far more than just two."> Kirai growled and then spun and burst out of the sand.

The sand exploded around her but she could see her opponents still and her hands flashed out, a quartet of shuriken, now invisible, zipping through the air, both sets were aimed at the target in front which was Gado. The first set of shuriken were aimed with a wire to wrap around his neck and distract him from the second pair which would be aimed to wrap around his legs and bring him to the ground.

Kirai was still running through the sand cloud during this, doing her best to close distance and actually get into the fight properly. She could fight at range but it was better the less chances her opponents had to react.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Blade on 8th September 2020, 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gado

Gado

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime24th August 2020, 10:22 am

With Gado's style of combat, he almost always acted as the reactionary shield. As a matter of fact, some things changed a bit for him since he stuffed his face last time. He was much stronger than he was before, he also had a burning jealously for Kozzen who didn't have to suffer through anything and entered the finals just like that. Why was he so special when Gado was here trying so hard? That's not fair, or he was thinking that the result of such things wasn't fair.  But besides complaining to his parents, what was he to do anyway?  Even though Kozzen was better than him, even though Akira was more talented than him, Gado could do it too. He could be a ninja of worth as well, can no one else see that?  It was those thoughts that were getting Gado to transform, or at least think about it.

With Gado's psionic navigation spanning from 60 feet and being able to serve as both  B rank reactionary tiers and sense the intent of his opponents due to brain waves,  he was able to meet the reactionary requirement of hiding in the minefield when they came at him at B rank speeds.  He was already moving at B rank speeds and a simple adjustment was all he needed while he finally decided to transform, raising his tiers by two levels and getting noticeably bigger. He gained an even more vascular type of appearance with the muscles being a little bigger and was two feet bigger in height. Also he grew a tail that resembles the deviljo tail while his fangs get a little longer. He also obtains claws and the slit eye is now the deviljo color. In addition to that, Gado's skin changes color to a type of green matching his reptilian origin. After that, he would communicate with his mental link.

"I'll enter close combat, it might be what they want. However, Since they are targeting me, it leaves you free to charge up your jutsu. Just let me know when it's ready. I'll rush over to you if things get dangerous. I know I sound strangely brave right now since this is my first time transforming like this in battle and i'm normally....not......... but I hope you can trust me."

Truth was, Gado was a scardey cat at times. He wasn't always brave, but he was going to try to be this time.

Doing hand signs at B++ speeds, Gado made a shadow clone to hang back, which then made two bone clones that started the assault and moving into position a B++ speeds before using strength.   BC1 (Bone clone one), did a running slide with S-Rank + strength in order to trip kirai as the second Clone (BC2) attempted a heel drop by also launching themselves as S+ strength in another direction. As for Gado, he was the one that was going to perform the finisher using his S+ strength to do a soccer kick to her head.

The shadow clone stayed back a bit on standby.

Spoiler:

transformation info
Spoiler:

1/45 p.t.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime30th August 2020, 3:15 pm

Juliana would begin to get a bit crazy but that had the added effect of making her Winter's Breath much colder and she'd likewise be far faster when she chained it with her Ice Release Armor. She would dart off opting to circle their opponent so that Gado didn't end up caught in her Winter's Breath all the while ensuring that she didn't stray too far away so that they could maintain their link. Gado really did remind her of Momo as both of them were lowkey mental adepts who served as the playmakers for any team they were on. Still it was time for her to let loose and sure enough she would eventually arrive behind their opponents not getting close but instead staying far enough that they were inside of her Winter's Breath. "Kami, ease up you know using that much force could easily pulp her skull right?!" Juliana thought frantically when she noticed Gado's movements that was the type of thing that one used when they were trying to kill, or overpower some durable technique like her chakra armor.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime9th September 2020, 12:01 pm

Iolana groaned inside of their shared mental scape watching this going on, already she could see this could be a hard fight. This opponent... basically turned in a to beast in front of them! <"It's getting a little cold, I don't think even my Sol Fire can offput it."> she needed to aid Kirai, this person was going full out. <"... I have something in mind. Stinger Shot. ... Yes that means you have to do it. Shoot me."> Inside the mental scape, Iolana could be by Kirai to look like she was stretching and limbering up, along with swinging her hips side to side, giving her best friend the impression she was about to do something. All the while she focused on keeping their AshWraith going to keep them off the ground, causing the first clone to mistakenly slide right under them. <"Now!"> And once ready, she synced up herself with Kirai again to perform the technique hoping Kirai could handle the other clone trying to follow up the missed sweep. Although launching herself was really, REALLY, strange. Once she had hit in her weapon form she began rapidly shifting back to her typical form, still wrapped in her AshWraith technique, bringing forth a followup attack with her very body. If anything, she felt confident they wouldn't expect a girl to appear from a dagger and slam her chest in to Gado's head to stun him, dropping back to weapon form to return to Kirai.

Techs:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime9th September 2020, 1:59 pm

These clones were fast, Kirai could accept that but they weren't fast enough, not by far. Black lightning crackled around the blindfold she wore and danced at the corners of her eyes and blood started to drip down her face. All of a sudden the attacks were slow, very slow. It also gave her time to mentally talk to Iolana as her body reacted to the attacks. She shifted up and to the side, dodging the slide and moving in such a way that she dove under the second attack and then came up into a handstand, throwing herself up and over the soccer kick to her head, letting it pass by her. <"You're never going to let me live this down..."> Kirai muttered to Iolana but as she came out of the dodge she spun her body, letting go of Iolana's dagger form. She spun her body and used the power from Iolana's tiers to enhance the strike, sending the dagger flying at Gado's head at A-Rank- speeds.

She then dropped from the air, performing hand-seals as she did so. The moment she landed a burst of black lightning surrounded the area around her and she disappeared from view, helping to hide the bright red that stained her cheeks. She then ran forwards to Gado, ignoring the cold for the moment and then threw out a pair of kunai. They stopped in front of her, hovering in the air and she leaped up, still invisible, landing on the first kunai and then leaping up as they launched forwards at S-Rank speeds, catching Iolana and then dropping a second pair in the air and landing on them, leaping off and sending them flying at Gado as well. The first kunai was the only one that was launched point first, the others were put blunted side forwards to knock out rather than kill but Kirai could tell he had some form of armour active and she needed to break that first. Kirai wasn't exactly dumb and was assuming that the best form of sensory to see her through a cloud of sand would be vibration, as wind feeling would get muddled up by the moving solids and thus her aerial attack was more likely to succeed.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gado

Gado

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime11th September 2020, 12:32 am

Even though their strategy seemed like it would work, Gado was not done resisting. To him, after transforming fully for the first time in the exams, he wanted to at least give it his all. There was a reason why he pursued such strength in the beginning, with him thinking that maybe his teammates deemed him not worthy. Eventually, Akria would leave too, and he didn't want that.

"It's not over!!"

With an animalistic growl,   Julianna and Gado's opponents noticed it very briefly. Gado was surrounded by a red and black aura with lightning streaks as his eyes turned red as well. IT takes a while for him to get angry enough to use it, but thinking about a trusted friend almost killing him and the idea of drowning to death because of it was enough.  With S+ strength and dealing an additional amount of S-Rank spiritual damage. He had no choice, but Gado held back his strength as much as he could in order to ensure that he didn't kill his opponent.  

But he wasn't done yet, there was still Kirai that he had to deal with. The fact that she was briefly airborne was something that Gado wanted to take advantage of, especially while gado can still track Kirai's brain waves.  She probably didn't expect Gado to handle her partner in such a way, so while those ehandsigns were being formed, Gado's shadow clone came close and one of them (BC1) spun on it's heel, throwing Gado at S rank strength in order to tackle Kirai head on before she even hit the ground. Contact would have done S rank damage  and it would take more than just reaction time, it would have taken an air movement technique as well in order to compete with such timing.  While he was being thrown, Gado would add his own attack, using dance of the willow in order to become this massive porcupine. Eight bones were created, along with it increasing his reach to 3 more feet. Each bone would be doing c rank life release damage, as well as dealing an S rank about od damage with the force of his body via strength, not even counting the clone shuriken. Each bone was aimed at non lethal areas and the S rank damage itself would give Kirai a good concussion if she got hit. Gado was careful, but effective. It was a side of him that nobody really seen, not even his parent. No one really knew how strong Gado actually was, he would of at least wanted to surprise someone.

BC2 would then start to get into position along with BC 1, moving at S rank + strength in order to  bring the fight to Kirai instead.

In the meantime, Gado was giving information to Kirai's location through his mental link to Julianna. She was never outside of the loop.

Transformation 5/45 p.t.
Rage Remaining: 22/27 left
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime22nd September 2020, 5:41 pm

Juliana had been keeping track of Kirai's lightning projectiles, not her per say as she was relying on Gado's ability to detect brain waves to deal with keeping track of that stealthy girl but she wasn't her true target. Instead she kept track of the various heat sources flitting around the area while Gado dealt with actually engaging their opponents, as such when Kirai started setting things up she got a clear picture of the inherent danger of what Kirai was attempting to do. As such she would prepare to deal with it and would create an Ice Release Dome which would surround Gado so that when the projectiles were sent towards him they would harmlessly deliver their payloads on it's surface while he himself would be fine. "Hm okay, time to make it even colder..." Juliana said out loud deciding to make hand seals before setting up her Hiding in the Flurry Technique to further chill the environment around them, it was another way she was intending on winning as while she could stall for time, Gado could utilize his bone clones to wreck havoc on their opponents all the while the cold of the area would gradually seep into their body and render them unable to function. It was for that reason that she would linger close to where she was picking up brain waves from Kirai so that she would always be suffering from Hypothermia Limit depletion. It wasn't even that difficult as the state of the area meant her ice skating was more effective, her sanity loss likewise kept her speed up and finally her Ice Release armor meant that at a minimum she was naturally at speeds that typically others would be hard pressed to match. She didn't mind running away the whole match if it resulted in a victory, no it was something she expected to do if by some miraculous way Kirai and Iolana managed to have enough power to knock out Gado.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chunin Exam Finals: Round 5 - Fight 2
Page 1 of 1