Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bot

Bot

Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Empty
PostSubject: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime6th August 2020, 7:42 pm

The participants of the fight would be herded into metal boxes that had no windows or any way to look out of them, in fact they even seemed to shut off additional forms of sensory. The boxes were then lifted up and carried away to the fighting stage.

As the boxes hovered above the battlefield, a series of small messages would appear on the inside of the box in glowing blue font that spelled out what exactly was happening.

"You will be placed on a platform next to another individual. That is the person you are teamed with. The Finals are Cross-Team Doubles. Defeat the opposing team to win the round. Wins grant 2 points, Draws grant 1 point to each team, Losses count as 0 points. Battle starts in 5..."

The number then counted down, when it hit zero the first four combatants would drop onto the battlefield. It was a wasteland that was filled with crumbling gravel and large boulders which seemed to be right at home with the uneven ground.

The first team was dropped off, Juliana and Gado, and as they landed a click would ring out as Juliana's left leg was bound to Gado's right leg with a manacles seemingly made out of diamond, this fight was already getting off to a weird start it seemed.

The second pair of boxes, one hundred feet ahead, albeit unknown to the participants due to the boulders scattered about, dropped off two other figures; Taigaikai & Akira, who also would hear a click albeit Taigakai's right leg being bound to Akira's left leg.

A klaxon then sounded out across the field, signaling the start of the first fight.

Battlefield (Ball and Chain):
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime7th August 2020, 6:28 pm

Akira dropped from the box and immediately was striking a pose and checking his outfit over again, looking across to see if he was fighting with someone new or... "Oh! Taigaikai, I guess we'll be fighting together the rest of the time, no? I hope..." He trailed off as the gimick of this round was being revealed as the two were chained together. And Akira being Akira... well of course he was going to. "Oh! I didn't realise this was that sort of event!" He motioned vaguely in to the air at whatever audience they might have had, a wide grin on his face. But this was going to cause... problems. His Mask was useless, his whole schtick was being rendered useless. He didn't want to let that show but... fuck he couldn't sneak around when the opponents would know exactly where he is at all times! "This isn't a fun thing for me. I prefer to be chained in different ways that don't require fighting. I can't stealth around in this one, but I can still use my analysis. However..." His grin just got wider because there was the perfect opponent. "Gaaaaado! Maybe we can play with chains together later instead of fighting in them!" He burst in to laughter even as the klaxon sounded. "He's my team mate. Very big on defence and tough armour. If we engage, he's mine, I can get around the armour I'm pretty sure. But I need to be able to get in close and really observe." Holding a hand up he actually made less of a show about performing the Unity with Kaen, needing to be a little subtle in case Gado could recall the secrets to Akira's strengths with his spirit bonds. But with such closer range, this time around Taigakai would see how his eyes turned to slits, and his shadow seemed to possess multiple tails and waving hair as if he were underwater. "Ready, my icy friend?"

Techs:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime19th August 2020, 4:51 pm

Juliana would sigh as it seemed that she was in a bit of a predicament, after all this was one of those situations where her usual method of battle wouldn't be all that applicable due to the proximity of her opponent. Fortunately she could switch things up and it wasn't as if she was a slouch in the close quarters combat area as such she would be able to keep up with Gado's physical might. "Well this hopefully will be short and brutal, we don't really need a strategy for this let's just rush in and brutalize them. That way hopefully they don't have time to adjust to being forced to be so close to one another." she said to him before proceeding to start to run forward using C-rank speeds. It wasn't anything too fast but it would be good to conserve her stamina until Gado could detect them after which it would be a non-stop sprint until their opponents were lights out.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime22nd August 2020, 4:44 pm

Oh, Akira! Uh.. Yeah I guess so-, Taigakai started. He took a step and what few brief moments he had to think about something stopped at the sound of chains clinking. He looked down and followed the short line to find that he and Akira were bound. Hm. He began tuning out Akira while getting onto a new train of thought.

He looked around the area, it wasn’t as hot as the last arena. Hopefully Akira knew how to skate or sled, that is if Taigakai could cover that much ground to slip on. His attention was cut when Akira’s kinky rambling mentioned a familiar name. Gado? Sure enough there he was. Ive met him. Not really the best meet up but we went fishing once. ...And he was the bait.

Taigakai huffed out a sigh, he didn’t know the other one Gado was with. That was lame. If were going to be chained like this, well need to coordinate our movement., he murmured to himself. That included, and especially meant dodging. He stepped back enough to lower his voice so Akira could hear him. Think you can get an idea on the other one? I havent met her yet, but I know about Gados abilities a bit.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gado

Gado

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime24th August 2020, 10:48 am

He ate again, goving way over max and stuffing himself full after every battle. He didn't need to do so,  bit stress eating made him feel better and his mom went out of his way to cook his favorite meal "currently", HAMBURGER HELPER RAMEN!! He offered to share his massive lunch that seemed to be worthy of a Mukbang video, but if Julinna declined, Gado would eat it himself until it was time to fight.

Gado did the usual, setting up his armor and paying the chakra price in order to ensure that he wouldn't be leaving himself exposed.  However, with his scent imprinting, he immediately noticed that Akira was in the area. "Oh,  hold on a second." Setting up his psionic navigation and then tapping Julianna who probably figured what he was doing, GHado would transfer over some information.

"That's Akira and Taigaki or something like that. Akira is apart of Ageis if they didn't abandon me..... but she mostly uses spirits and puppets and stuff. I don't really understand how it works myself, but she's never alone if that makes any sense. Plus, Ageis is about defense and protection, imagine me, but then imagine the puppets. I think they provide protection of some kind but i never fought her before.   And Taigakai does the same stuff that you do, ice and all that ...... he was there when Kozzen tried to turn me into fish food, it was horrible."

Gado was visibly shaken at the idea of drowning in water, it was strange that Kotone was also apart of that image being the embodiment of water.  Will he ever get a chance to get over his fears?

"I'll match my speed with you, let's do this. Akira is good at watching people and somehow she becomes better at fighting them after a while. It's a bit of a scary technique so if you want to target her, go for it!"

Gado could track them with his vibration sense that was cut in half, but besides that, he imprinted the scent of both Akira and Taigakai and knew exactly where they were. He looked at Julianna and tapped the section of his armor where his nose would be, indicating that he got them so they could speed up to  B rank speeds. At the very least, he was trying not to get distracted.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime25th August 2020, 9:57 am

Akira turned to his currently-chained-together companion with a look of surprise and curiosity, "... That was you? Damn. I heard about that little fishing trip." Still, he turned his attention towards their opponents again and nodded. "Oh yeah. I can get my bearings. I can't do it as quickly as last time, it's much easier when they can't see me, it leaves them open more, but... obviously stealth is off the table in this round." He let out a sigh and cracked his neck. "It's been a while since I was in straight up conflict. But you know I have your back my icy friend. As does..." He trail off as it produced the mask from his pocket, kind of regretting placing his mark on side mask as in times when he couldn't wear it... well it made it awkward like this, and in a burst of blue embered smoke, Arsene was summoned to his side. "... Listen this is going to be awkward to have to tell you how I move, but my particular puppetry style is very... movement based. Thankfully it's more arm flourishes, but there might be a time or two when I need you to move your legs with me. Or I'm going to end up tripping one of us." He sighed once again just thinking back to the training sessions with Gado. "... He can smell us. Normally my mask can negate that, same goes for vibrations, which I believe I've seen it possible you can negate which is going to be interesting." He reached his hand out and grabbed ahold of Arsene as it's blackened wings unfurled. "So, it's a good job I don't need to physically touch the ground. Gado may end up targetting me because he knows I'm weakest at the start of an encounter without prep time. ... I swear these matches are just not suited to my style." He took a deep breath, ready to move Arsene along with Taigakai and watching them being approached at a good speed. "... The other one is a mix. Human, like me, but they also seem be a Nova. Interesting. So she's probably physically strong. Give me a little more time and I can get some more detail. And Gado is a , but that heavy armour is going to be a pain. I can't get through that easily."

Goings on:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime30th August 2020, 2:58 pm

Juliana nodded at Gado's comments and would immediately look at Taigakai before the cold that she emanated quickly got unbearable as she noticed that there was another Toketsu on the other team. Which meant all bets were off when it came to reserving her Winter's breath as she was confident that in a one on one she would be able to beat him. She also knew Gado was quite sturdy and would benefit from not being able to see his opponents simply because of his ability to sense things without using his eyes, hopefully this Akira person wouldn't be as useful when there was no way to see. As such she would pull out a scroll and promptly unseal its contents causing a large pool of water to emerge from it while she tossed it to the side and would make hand seals causing the water to drift upward into Frost.

"That should take care of the puppeteer." Juliana thought to Gado while running forward her natural B-rank speed being bolstered by her sanity addled mind to make her just a bit faster (B+) and thus she would be the first to close the distance with their opponents which was exactly what she wanted in the first place. "You lead the attack, I'll finish them off." she thought to him as she could easily pick out her target thanks to the body heat they gave off now that she had started to hold her breath.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime6th September 2020, 2:42 pm

So in other words, this is a dance. Taigakai wasn’t impartial to it. But impromptu coordination was not easy. Akira is modeled for stealth whereas Taigakai was terrain management and his terrain alterations are not exactly friendly for a lot of reasons.

We need to make moves that work for both of us, otherwise its not going to end well. Akira was already transparent about how rough this was going to be for him. You think you can work defense?, he asked. Stealth was out of the question, that was true. But Akira had puppets that could block hits at least while he was analysing the area. Taigakai could see they were already rushing at them. Unfortunately, Im not that fast, so I apologise if were a little slow because of me., he said with a sheepish grin for a brief moment before getting back to a more serious look as he was refocusing on the fight.

Shes another Toketsu., he mumbled. In that case... It meant that ice attacks probably didn’t do much if anything to her just like it did to him. He scrambled onto Akira’s puppet, tagging it and making it lighter while using B rank chakra so it moved decently fast with two people on it. While settled on Arsene, Taigakai focused on the duo chasing tail after him and Akira and quickly folded through hand seals before streaks of light flew from his fingertips, one set towards Gado and the other towards Juliana.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Gado

Gado

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime8th September 2020, 2:11 am

When the trajectory of the senbon was flying towards Gado, he decided to use his reaction tiers via brain wave functions in order to avoid the senbon and intercept the trajectory of the senbon that was going towards Julianna at B rank speeds. As a matter of fact, from the way that he was moving, he didn't care if the senbon hit him, it was only to be used as an adjustment of movement so that Gado was at the forefront of the attack. As the senbon made contact with Gado's armor cloak, it couldn't be able to damage Gado or get through the S rank defense and the A rank endurance. Even though it was a nintaijutsu, it simply wouldn't be doing enough damage to get through Gado's technique, as well as the decrease in efficiency of being in contact with Gado's technique. Thus, things moved on as it should.

"I'll only aim for the legs, I'll be aware of my strength this time..."

He said this in order to ease his partner's worries as uses his upper arm bones to create a short, bone-hilted bone blade and stabs chaotically at Akira's legs. He was moving at b rank speeds and creating afterimages, needing reaction tiers equal to gado's movement speed. Each stab would deal -s rank damage due to the force of the thrusts, but at the very least, Gado knew that getting rid of the expert stragetist would make the other opponent a little easier to deal with.

Spoiler:

Gado's Armor has S rank durability, S rank Mental resistance, and A rank chakra resistance
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime9th September 2020, 11:30 am

Akira's grin was wide as Gado made his assault, he would guide Taigakai with his leg movements as he was being struck, eyes trained upon his comrade as he was effectively dodging, and at the same time was moving Arsene along with them to ensure both were keeping on the move. The Unity with Kaen giving him just enough of a reaction speed to know just how to move to avoid being stabbed. And he was planning to use the close range and waited for a lunge before dropping his daggers in to Gado's shadow. He couldn't recall the power his comrade had exactly, dropping two daggers to keep one for his fellow icy companion. With a sweep, he bid Arsene to return backwards with the two of them, hoping that the daggers might stick. "Taigakai, if you can protect those daggers, cover them even if you can. I can't penetrate his armour yet, but I can immobilize him." Meanwhile he was expending chakra, filling Arsene in preparation.

Techs:
Equipment:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3   Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chunin Exam Finals: Round 2 - Fight 3
Page 1 of 1