Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime4th December 2020, 8:46 am

Once they finally reached their stop, Kotone still wouldn't exactly stop moving for a few moments more. With Meini checking out the guy who seemed to just about still be hanging on, she looked around their group, trying to grasp in her mind just where they were. The group needed to stop, catch their breath, but she needed to keep going. Elias was waiting for them. She looked up, and shared a glance towards Jinnouchi, as the two were being directly spoken too. Absently her finger tips played with the new piercings she sported in her ear. "... Because Elias would do the same for us." Another look to her taller 'brother', just to confirm her belief. "Even if both of us were in danger, I feel as if Elias would help others on his way. It's just the way Jielko rolls." That little bit was enough to get her to relax. "But yeah. I'm tearing myself up inside without Elias to hold my hand that Jinnouchi doesn't take. He isn't just 'like family', Elias is my brother. And we will save my brother."

"We're all tired, but we can't take too long a break. Not really. So everybody gather around," She settled herself down on her knees in the centre of them, eyes closed, and unfastened her flak jacket. Kotone took several deep breaths, before a low and yet invigorating little tune began to float from her lips. She wouldn't keep it up for long, she needed to conserve chakra, but it should be enough and long enough to bring back any spent stamina for the group.

Techs:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th December 2020, 11:38 am

Seiko hopped down from Primaris herself, setting the Golem into a defensive mode to intercept any surprise attacks. She was already channeling chakra into her hands but by the time she reached the man's side he had spoken his last words and passed on. She let out a soft sigh and adjusted her glasses instead before looking around the group. "I lack advantages in height, everyone kneel around Kotone while I check to make sure no one picked up any injuries." She told them firmly and went over them one by one, giving them a quick check up during Kotone's song, although they all seemed to be fine, that was good.

She then checked over Primaris but he was undamaged as well, she'd built his armour well. "Perhaps outnumbered but never outgunned. Jinnouchi I'll leave tactics to you but I'd rather Primaris was on the frontlines with myself supporting from the rear. I can handle myself in close combat if I must but it's not my forte, instead I shall pull people out of the firing line, keep people in the fight and use my constructs to protect allies and harass the enemy. I doubt I will be able to unleash much destruction but we shall see." She dusted her clothes down and pulled the dust veil of her hat down over her face.

As she walked towards Primaris, she drew forth a large drive from her chest as well as three cores to follow it, slotting them into the Drive. With that done she summoned a second Golem and inserted the Drive into it. It immediately groaned and shifted, becoming humanoid before it moved over and crouched next to Taigakai. "Your Winter's Breath is becoming dangerous for the other riders on Primaris. Secundus here will carry you instead, slightly less comfortable due to his height but he cares not for the cold and will be able to keep up." She said, tapping the Golem on the head and surging power through its body. This one had a half cape of white cloth over its left arm and a trio of long blue ribbons running from the back of its helmet.

"That means there's another spot on Primaris for someone who wants to conserve energy." Seiko called out as she climbed back onto her far larger golem's back and up onto his shoulder. "Last call, we should get moving soon."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th December 2020, 1:46 pm

Taigakai wasn't as tired as the others, but that was fair considering how little he did in comparison. He hopped off Primaris with his gourds slung around again after they crossed through the flaming onslaught they were met with on the way up. "You ever thought about being an idol?", he asked Kotone with a little grin on his face. Just kidding... he quietly added to himself. She had a good voice, but he wasn't sure if she would actually consider that lifestyle.

Taigakai's attention shifted to Seiko's new golem with a unoriginal name. "Ah yeah, that's fair." Secundus? Really? Seiko may have a ridiculously great imagination for golem designs but her naming schemes were subpar, at least for now. She might be thinking about something in the works to give them a proper title but giving them such a.... plain name felt a bit sad somehow. "Hmm.... I think... I'll name you.... Borealis." He gave a bit of a nod to himself, a better name than Secundus. Sorry Seiko. Though the blue ribbons were an interesting touch though, even he had to admit that it was pleasant she took the time to customize them that far.

He walked around the golem to figure out a spot to actually get on without it being super awkward and so he can keep up with the group easily. "I guess there's no other choice.", he said with a sigh. Taigakai slipped the golem's arm through the sash that connected to his gourd, catching it at the shoulder. He hooked an arm around the golem's neck and with a hop, almost like clockwork, the golem ended up holding him in a bridal carry. At least like this he wouldn't be flailing around on its back. Still awkward, but not as awkward as becoming a whacky wavy inflatable arm flailing tubeman on a golem. So there was at least that. Frost crept on the golem at a faster rate than on Primarus now, there was an audible whitening of frost that lined Borealis' chest and arms, creeping around the sides of its torso and onto its back.
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th December 2020, 7:53 pm

After making it to the primary entry of Azazel, Jinnouchi observed as Meiani went to investigate the dying man lying in a pool of his blood. Jin said nothing, for the most part, looking on with a frown on his face as he desperately managed to grasp a few sentences. If they were that brutal to him, what could they be doing to Elias right now? Jin kept a certain message in his head that he had to make sure that he would be able to keep calm if he saw anything that he didn't want to see. Jin didn't want to see the body of his friend.

"We didn't choose one or the other, it's not over. While we were on the way, even though time was against us, I believed that it was right to save the people that we're right in front of us. Sure, you might show it as a half-assed attempt due to us not completely going out of our way, but certain people need hope. They see our uniforms, maybe they were nameless to us for the majority of our careers. But we are shinobi of this land, we should have an investment in their safety. The lives that they have aren't meaningless. This mission isn't over, we will save Elias and bring him home. "

Standing over to where Kotone was, he closed his eyes and relaxed a bit as his stamina started to return to him.

"That's fine, I do believe that having your golem on the frontlines would work well for us. It can be an impromptu defense in case any sort of assault comes forth. I will also serve as the vanguard and stay at the front of the party due to my ability to pick up on things from further distances. I'll relay the information back to you whenever I pick up on it. Taigakai, even though your winter's breath is a bit challenging to manage, it'll be a huge benefit towards enemies that think you are easy pickings if they try to circle around and attack us from behind. Kotone and Kai, you'll be the quick reaction force in the group formation. This situation is constantly developing, but due to the versatility of your abilities, i'm counting on you to be able to rapidly respond to situations that are not in our control, Kotone is really good at that. Meiani is not a shinobi id like to believe, so Kai, keep an eye on the guide. Trust me, this is important in case we do get lost, as well as being a trusted member of Elias's family group."
Back to top Go down
Haru

Haru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th December 2020, 7:33 am

The team had finally arrived at their destination, the entrance to Azazel. Upon arriving Kaili would catch his breath for a bit before everyone gathered around Kotone. The song she sang was invigorating. He felt less out of breath and that was nice. Afterwards, Seiko would perform checkups on everyone for any injuries. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

As Meiani spoke to Jinn and Kotone, Kaili's gaze drifted to the deceased man on the ground. He wondered if he had felt satisfied at the end. Did he accomplish enough? Or was there more he wanted to see done. Was it okay for him to meet his end here? These thoughts rattled him a bit. Death was something that unnerved him, despite how his clan manipulated the life cycle. It felt like a natural response yet unbecoming of a Fushicho, some might say.

Bringing his focus back to the group, the topic of combat roles had arisen. There wasn't much Kaili felt he could say here. He wasn't as experienced as the others in group combat. This was his very first mission after all. So he would listen attentively and take on the role Jinnouchi assigned him, affirming with a swift nod. He was somewhat sure he could handle it.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th December 2020, 2:53 pm

Azazel: Serpent’s Embrace
Spoiler:

Meiani had gathered herself and after listening in on the plan, she was determined to continue. She’d look towards her assigned guard and reach her hand out. “Kaili is it? Am I pronouncing that right?” She’d chuckle nervously and wait for him to correct her pronunciation. Once he responds, she’d affirm her confidence in his ability to do his job, “I’m counting on you Kaili” .

The team meeting had just concluded, and loud screams echoed from within the entrance. The echoes were so loud that if their eyes were closed, they’d believe the scream to be coming from a few feet away. But their eyes would tell another story since nothing, but stone walls and emptiness could be seen at the entrance.

Those who were familiar would recognize the voice, it was Elias’. Meiani knew exactly what that meant and with her discernment she’d step in front of the team with her back facing the entrance. “Do not rush in. As we go in together, you must be sure not to break away from this pack. This is no ordinary labyrinth and now that it’s awake it yearns to feed.”

She’d gesture for the team to come forth and now that everyone knew their roles, they could also assume their proper formations. With a deep sigh she’d take the first step within the formation. She was positioned in the center of the formation between Kotone and Kaili, but she’d be sure to be precise in her instructions.

Once the group were within the walls, what looked like stone shifted into serpent scales. These scales were throbbing as if the walls were breathing. On the ground scales could also be seen but with sharp observation these scales all vectored in a single direction. Once every member was within the walls, they’d be shifted forward by the constantly moving scales.

Meiani was very familiar with this occurrence but thought it’d be the best time to share whatever information she had about what they all just stepped into. “This is Azazel also known as Scapegoat. I’m not sure how well you all know your history but long ago there was a faction known as the Bachiatari. Their leaders founded the Medjay culture which dominated throughout the southern part of this continent. Towards the end of the Bachiatari regime our leader went .... mental.”

As she spoke the scales would split into two separate direction. She’d grab hold of Kaili’s hand and move him to the right. “Everyone move right, now please. “ Once everyone moved to the right she’d continue. “Armenezra ...” “Honored be his name ““Honored be his name “she’d be interrupted by the bodiless voices within the maze. “Honored be his name” she’d add before continuing. “He wrote and created many things, but despite the efforts of his younger brother, many began to think that he went crazy. Many, but not Himiko Zakiyoshi “ “Glory to The First! Glory! Glory!” The voices interrupted once again this time being accompanied by violent rumblings that’d knock anyone without D-rank balancing technique on their butts.

“Glory to the first.” She continued, “The first shinpikage had a level of trust for him that was often frowned upon by her peers. When presented with the idea she agreed without hesitation. Together with the help of both zakiyoshi and Medad they created a living labyrinth connecting the land of forsaken with the land of paradox. For over a century this labyrinth has fed on the souls of their enemies, their prisoners and their devoted ones. Years after its creation, Bachiatari fell in the Pandoran invasion. This was how the Medjay escaped and found refuge within the walls of Nazogakure. Hence how this monster got its name.” She’d look at Kotone who had a striking resemblance to Himiko. She wouldn’t say anything to her about it but continued on with the information she had

“So be vigilant. When the Medjay escaped this beast was asleep for four days before it devoured all the pursuers. But the Shinpikage, has awaken the beast and if you die in here your soul is forever trapped within these walls. Do you have any questions?” As she asked, the scaled walls began to shift around them. Their path was still clear, but the walls moved in sequences right before saw blades were heard like metal ripping flesh.

The blades moved at B-rank speeds along the scaled walls and as it did blood began to splatter everywhere. The blood was enough to hinder their sight (C-rank reaction) and keep them from seeing these large and deadly blades. The ceiling was about 100ft high and were covered in rapidly rotating blades to prevent anyone from looking there for safety. The ground remained the same as before in terms of appearance, but the ground was gradually moving faster towards the danger.

There was no escape. The group would have to save themselves or work together in order to make it across safely. At the end of the corridor was a glowing symbol which Meiani would point at. “There! That symbol shaped as a key. Hit that symbol and this will all stop. “

Rules Change:

Serpents Embrace:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th December 2020, 6:05 pm

With the scream that Jinnouchi heard, he recognized that it was the voice of Elias. But where? Where was it coming from? He wanted to rush in but there was a good chance that he would get lost without the guide. The only thing that he can do is grit his teeth and refrain from doing anything foolish, as well as address the group.

"Move with a purpose, but don't rush off. It'll take a genius or a miracle to find out way out of the labyrinth without a guide, and I don't think that Meiani said was for show. If it really is alive somehow, perhaps it'll try to actively split us up if we are careless. Heed my warning and don't break the formation."

Hopefully, they would listen to him, the last thing Jin wanted was to lose anyone.  As he entered the labyrinth with everyone else, he noticed the pulsating scales. He had no idea what kind of structure or creature this thing was,  but it was worrisome to think that it's main intellect was geared towards its hunger.

"What the...."

Once the scales started splitting into to, he took heed of Meiani's instructions.

"Right side!"

Moving at B rank speeds, Jin flipped over to the right side of the split as he listened to her speak. He heard of that name before, Armenezra.

"I read this in my great-great-grandfathers journal, the name of that man anyway. Armenezra, why would he create something so dangerous? It's almost the same as the outlook he shared when it came to the cursed spear. The necessity of keeping hold of such a dangerous relic beyond what anyone told him. Perhaps he was mad after all? It takes a form of functioning insanity to..... create...whatever the heck this labyrinth is."

Jin was then knocked on his butt, not containing a balancing technique in order to keep still as he fell over. However, he quickly got back to his feet, not wanting to stay on the ground for too long.

"The souls of those who died here are trapped here. When I first came to Nazogakure I was excited to hear about my history, but to think that such a creation is apart of it. I wonder, are those souls suffering right now..... this is definitely an unexpected punishment but might be......useful for "you know what"...."

He looked to Kotone and looked away, thinking it wasn't the time but maybe she would understand.

"But that's enough about that, looks like trouble. But i'm not losing any people here.... my heat sensory should cover most of the level in terms of the heat being emitted by the saws. Take my word for it if you don't have anything else. But i'm going to try something....i'll take full responsibility but it's worth trying...."

Seeing the sawed bladed and the blood squirting was enough to cause Jinnouchi to take out one of his modded Senbon, throwing it at incredible speed in order to hit the control and possibly damage it so that it'll turn off.  Throwing it at SS speeds, most of the recoil would fall on the senbon itself, but it had a built resistance specific for that. As for the senbon, it would not only deal S rank physical damage and B rank hybrid explosive damage. Hopefully, this would work with the senbon covering the 80 ft distance almost instantly and hitting that key section.

Spoiler:

Note
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th December 2020, 8:29 am

Kotone felt the whole repetition thing going on between both the eerie, scaly cave and their guide was just... weird. But Elias was still in danger, and damn did she almost go rocketting off upon hearing the familiar cry. They needed to go through this, and she was beginning to weight in her mind the risks of just running, throwing caution to the wind to save him. Hearing her great grandmother's name though was what snapped her out of it. Remembering that while she wasn't Himiko, by any stretch of the imagination, this was one situation where she had to think like it. Taking a deep breath, she struggled a moment as they moved to untuck the hood of the priestess top she wore beneath her jacket, tugging it up over her head. Something even Jin might never have seen her do.

Taking that mentality to heart, she activated her dojutsu again as the group was being sprayed with... well she didn't want to think about it. However, it was liquid, and as such would give her plenty of sources of vision. She noticed Jin's responce, spotting the switch at the end before her, though he had an answer that she didn't. She already had complete faith in her brother, that wasn't going to change now.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th December 2020, 12:48 pm

This place was definitely strange but it was also entirely possible that it was designed through the use of Flesh Release or similar such things, she highly doubted that nonsense about it trapping souls. She knew the soul existed in some fashion but it was just a power source, nothing more than that. Seiko adjusted her glasses and slid down Primaris' back to tap her foot against the ground, letting her vibration sense activate to help her out in this place. As she done so, both Primaris and Secundus drove their own feet into the ground, their strength locking them in place against the stone to make up for a balancing technique. Seiko herself was fine as she was riding on a Golem.

Due to the blood, she might not personally be able to see the blades but the vibration sense that she had now would pick them up as things that large easily gave off vibrations through the walls and ground. With that done she looked ahead at the glowing symbol and nodded, the place was leveled though and it was possible that with Jinnouchi being on the ground level, his senbon might get deflected. With a mental command, Primaris reached out to pick up both Kaili and Meiani. "I'll drop you off once we actually reach combat, for now hold on." With that done it was time to actually deal with these blades... So Seiko passed one of her own kunai to Primaris and both him and Secundus leaped twenty feet up and forwards. Not only would this let them dodge the first set of blades but Primaris also launched the kunai at a downwards angle into the key symbol with SS-Rank- strength to forcibly shut down the blades, it'd be pretty difficult for anything to deflect the kunai at this angle and with that strength.

Both of the golems landed with a deep thump and would start moving forwards. Even if the blades were still active, Seiko's vibration sense would allow the Golems to leap forwards and over them in massive bounding steps, Secundus trailing just behind his far larger brother.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th December 2020, 7:49 pm

The screams, seemingly trapped souls, and snake skin walls that gave the feeling this place felt more alive than it should've been was mad creepy. Upon seeing the swinging blades, Taigakai quietly tapped himself and made himself lighter enough to move faster. Something gave him a feeling that relying on Borealis wouldn't be as smart in this place. Maybe it was the gross scaly pulsing walls that tipped him off. Maybe it was the blades swinging at stupid high speeds. Weren't there books and movies based on things like this? An ancient ruins with a ton of traps or something?

It seemed like great feats also carried some hard darkness, no matter what angle one takes it. The shock from Jin seemed to hit, it made sense to feel that way. Kotone was probably in the same boat, Taigakai catching on the look given when there was a mention of a Zakiyoshi as well. Elias' scream accompanied with a haunted chorus that chanted a name long passed set the tone of the place. Though he was sure that Seiko was unbothered by it, something felt very wrong and unsettling with the sounds of voices chanting and screaming. Oh, and the blood. The blood was less than ideal. The stains it left on fabric were difficult to deal with. He wouldn't complain about it loudly, but man his mother absolutely would. She understood there was going to be some bloodshed but to be painted a new colour was not ideal.

Taigakai heard Seiko mention holding on and braced a bit, feeling a sudden drop and then a lift as the golem seemed to be making its way across in literal leaps and bounds over the traps. The differing levels and speeds of the traps meant that Borealis' path was only slightly different from Primaris, but that left Taigakai with a concern of if there were any other traps set on a delay just in case it knew there was more than one body traversing the halls.

The ground around Borealis as well as the golem itself was now coated in dew that froze closer to where Taigakai was. Water droplets accumulated and slipped to the ground. His vision around the area closest to him turned to blues, purples and blacks, only showing reds, yellows, and whites on his teammates. There was also just the general room further down brightening up, but that was subject to change if there was anything hiding that generated a change in heat. He sucked in a breath and let out a puff of cold frost, forcing a suppression on his Winter's Breath as it would now start to affect his teammate's movements unless they had a way to ignore it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Haru

Haru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th December 2020, 6:17 am

"Yeah, thats correct." Kaili would say with a smile as he reached out to shake her hand. He would make sure to do his best to protect her inside the maze, preferring not to lose anyone on this mission. With her being their guide it was sure to get exponentially harder to navigate this place, and just like that he understood Jinnouchi's words from earlier. No pressure. He just had to stay close to her and take care of any threats. He could do that.

Then came the scream, it was definitely Elias' voice that echoed throughout the maze's entrance. Kaili immediately felt stunned because of it. A bead of sweat rolled down his cheek as he felt his nerves begin to unsettle. Were they too late? He thought for a moment only to hush down the very thought. He couldn't give in before actually going in and he knew the team wouldn't either. Briefly glancing at the team, he could tell Kotone and Jinnouchi wanted to bolt in right at that moment however they restrained impulse to do so. After Meiani's warning and the group was ready they would proceed to enter the maze. The labyrinth was mind-jarring to Kaili, how it seemed to be alive, it even bled and  breathed to further support this. How was such a thing possible unless it really was just a huge beast. The voices that parroted along with Meiani's briefing on this "Scapegoat" instantly put him on guard, for his first instinct was to look for their origin and prepare. However, he was soon pulled to the right by Meiani as the scales diverged into two seperate paths. "Thanks."

The labyrinth's background was interesting. He never knew of such a place or about the things that had transpired around it. He was never one to really pay attention in history class at the academy but he was focused on every bit of this lesson. Maybe it was because his life was at stake? Though soon came the rumblings, which caused Jinn to fall. They didn't bother Kaili as much as his work with the spear had made him better at keeping his balance. He would watch Meiani to see if she was okay and if she were to begin to fall he would reach out to hold her steady. After which she would continue from where she left off. The Bachiatari, Armenezra and Himiko, and the Medjay, it was interesting how they all played into this. It made him think about what more could be behind all this. He didn't have long to think on this as a buzzing noise soon permeated their path, with the source slowly revealing itself to be numerous saw blades from the walls. The saws even spurted blood for an added measure. "...Nice. I mean, its not a warm welcome but... its something." He assumed things were about to enter into a more desperate mood so he fixed himself into a stance, yet was interrupted as Seiko's golem grasped him and Meiani. Mentioning that she'd put them down when there was actual combat. Which was fine with him. "Got it." From there he simply watched as both Jinn and Seiko attacked the target  Meiani pointed out beforehand. The temperature was beginning to get to him a bit, so he allowed the first set of his feathers to rise to the surface and keep him warm.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th December 2020, 3:08 pm

Azazel : Bathed In Blood

As the team moved along the serpent’s embrace, Meiani spoke of Azazel’s history. The story resonated with most of the group which naturally led to follow up questions in which Meiani had no straight answer. “ You’re not wrong in your thinking, Jinnouchi. Actually, you’d be pressed to find someone who didn’t think he was crazy at the time. His vindication during Pandora’s purge was nothing short of luck at its finest. “

Shed listen to Jinnouchi question why anyone would want to create something so dangerous, but again she had no real answers, just theory. Before she could open her mouth and share her theory, everything happened. The blades emerged from the snake bodied walls and began to tear away at itself. The blood splatter everywhere profusely and the blades rushed towards the team, but they were ready.

Meiani watched to the best of her ability with blood covering her from head to toe. She had a bit of difficulty seeing but when she could, the sight was nothing less than impressive. This indeed was a harden group of soldiers. Without hesitation two of them targeted the symbol with kunai and senbon. Jinnouchi initiated this with a beautiful throw at great speeds. Meiani of course couldn’t see this but his senbon would clash with the spinning blade in the middle which was 4ft from the ground.

This promptly lead to Seiko’s follow up with Primaris grabbing hold of both Meiani and Kaili then beaming a kunai with great force. That one was right on target. The kunai had managed to hit the symbol but shattered into many pieces due to recoil. Even so, that kunai did what it was supposed to, the traps stopped and cracks began to spread throughout the wall. Kotone must’ve knew what was coming because as she lifted her hoodie over her head to shield from the blood splattering from earlier, the wall bursted into pieces.

The wall could not contain the large wave of blood that’d come rushing into Team A at A-rank speeds. With the ground continuously moving them forward and the blood colliding into them, it require A-rank strength to lock in place. If anyone lacked this, they’d have to get creative as to not be knocked off their feet and be taken away by the moving scales on the ground. But that was the least of Team A’s problems.

The realm was growing cold, very cold. Taigakai had been suppressing his winter’s breath the very best he could but it may not be enough to keep her team from feeling the chillin effects, especially now soaked in blood. His teammates weren’t the only ones feeling the cold. The blades that had been halted began to vibrate in such a way that Seiko could not ignore with her vibration sensory. It only took moments before they all fell into the flood which now rested 2ft from the ground. “Hoooooooo damn, well that’s new”, the cold was really getting to Meiani as well. She’d begin to shiver and stutter her words,”ttthe blood wave ..it’s new. In Kris’ name, why is it so cold in he..?”

She’d stop talking abruptly and her expression became concerning. She’d look at the team, then the breathing walls that had kept the group confined to a set space. Between the team getting soaked and nearly drowned in a massive wave of blood, Meiani hadn’t noticed the change. The walls had quietly relaxed themselves and moved further away from each other. Although very subtle, this was something that anyone with vibration or displacement sensory could notice.

This also made sense why one moment they’re swimming in blood and the next the flooding is about knee deep. So now because of the increase in space, the realm looked empty, excluding its decor . Still something didn’t feel right. Meinai whispered to Kaili, “You hhhear that?”

Like triggering a signal, the bloody surface began to shake again but this time not from disembodied voices. No, this was far worse. Even as their guide, Meiani was absolutely clueless to what’s going on. The sensory techniques active would only pick up excessive movements but no signs of incoming enemies.

“Come with me if you don’t want to see them die” ,a disembodied voice of a little Medjay girl whispered to Taigakai only . No one else was able to see or hear this spirit. Taigakai at best would only get a quick glimpse of a little girl with blond hair, a missing left eye and no lower jaw. One moment she was there and the next she vanished.

The realm which they were in was gradually losing light. Once it was dark enough, twelve Garara Ajaras emerged from the walls, the ground, and the ceilings . They moved soo cunningly even along the ceiling, but their movements didn’t trigger anything different. Meiani nearly let her guard down until she looked down from Primaris. The blood looked fresh, so she wouldn’t be able to see underneath it, but what she did notice on the surface was a pair of glowing yellow eyes.

She’d look up, confused by what she saw. She’d hear a very distinct sound which now warranted her alarm, “AJARAS!!!!” Like a predator that’s been discovered, four GA’s dropped from the ceiling while the others remained in the shadows. The group was now in danger and under a well planned attack. One aimed to land right on top of Primaris, as a second came in for the assist.  Assuming Primaris needed to defend itself, Meiani and Kaili would be released from its hold. Meiani kept her distance from Primaris and the fast moving creatures. She’d put her faith in Kaili to keep her safe, but in the mean time, she’d figure out ways that she could be of help. “This shouldn’t be happening. You touch the key , the traps stop. Was that a false key? And why weren’t they able to see these creatures coming? And why is it soo damn cold in here. Come one Meiani think.”

Primaris:
Jinnouchi:
Kotone:

Seiko, Kaili, and Meiani:

Tagaikai and Borealis:
Notes:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th December 2020, 3:53 pm

Kotone was getting herself ready to keep pushing with them, but damn that rush of blood all around them. She was going to be filthy! They all were. But that was something they would have to deal with that much later. A little, ok let's face it this was absolutely not in any ways little, mess wasn't going to stop them from pushing onwards. It just meant a little more caution was necesary. But the chill in the air, Kotone glanced to Taigakai as she guessed that they were likely the unknowing cause. The looks of the others, perhaps it wasn't. That just meant more cause was needed.

Once the walls were moving, Kotone spread her Scrying eyes further at rapid paces, trying to spot absolutely anything that was going on. But there was only vibrating, and whilst she muttered a short whispered warning of 'the walls', it seemed everybody else was already aware too.

The shout from Meiani was the call to action, and Kotone was ready. The small space would give them some problems though, and so she got herself prepared as the shadows began to move. And in the darkness, they required light. Getting ready she filled her lungs, and soon she filled the air of the tunnel with her sound, and her chakra. The short space would also make it easier to throw something around, and so she formed three tiny little balls of Boil Chakra, mixing them and manipulating the pH in the liquid balls.

Their useage though, that wasn't what she expected. As soon as she looked up, one such shadow was pouncing. And it had form. And she... She couldn't move. Closing an eye, she let her Scrying see once again, seeing exactly what it was. Some sort of Shadow technique. A slight smirk formed, and a pellet dropped from her semi limp hand. As it fell, it popped at her feet, and in turn expelled a lot of force. Normally she wouldn't be within range, but this time... well it was helpful. She would take a little hurt, but she was able to easily shrug it off, and be thrown back by her own technique and snapping the shadow connection. Just as a precaution, she tossed another at the creature, popping and giving another burst to push it back instead. "Hunting time," Kotone smirked, letting loose another song as fire gathered from her mouth, forming little balls that began to orbit around her resembling lion cub faces. "I'm guessing these... whatever Meiani called them, they're in the shadows. Watch out for your own," She had her eyes on the one that attacked her, but no harm in warning the others. "So let's light 'em up my little cubs!" With her cry, it turned in to a real song of a war cry, pointing forwards as three of her cubs were carried by her voice in to the black form of the creature she had just tossed back by the second pellet, keeping the third close in case she needed to repeat the process again.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th December 2020, 7:09 pm

"Ah, that'd be me. Sorry.", Taigakai said, raising a hand. Interestingly enough, due to the pool interacting with his winter's breath, the blood nearest to him also began coagulating into frozen slush. Wouldn't recommend eating it, it is NOT cherry flavoured. He then drew back his hand and stared at it with a sigh. Contrary to what your local beauty cult guru leader person says, blood is not good for your skin.

"Did... anyone else see that?" No? Just him? Cool. Alright gang, there's a mystery here and it's fucking ghosts.

His base intuition said two things. One, don't trust a ghost in a spooky place made of snakes and blood. Two, if you do for some stupid reason follow a dead person, take a travel buddy with you. Speaking of taking a travel buddy- suddenly a bunch of beasties rained from the ceiling in front of literally everyone else! Something, aside from many other things, seemed to tell him that this place was more or less observing them. These traps are too currently calculated for a dead man's maze to not have all this happen by chance.

He looked back in the direction of where the spooky ghost girl was while he had a moment without the Ajaras honing in on him to see if there was any hint she was getting to or if that apparition was really only there to separate him from the group. Unfortunately for him, he'd play right into the labyrinth's hand and move towards the dark corner. Those things weren't attacking him probably because of the apparition he saw already being another instance of the place interacting with him.

hi welcome to chillis:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th December 2020, 8:02 pm

"Good job Seiko! You made up for my miscalculation!"

He was happy that Seiko managed to utilize her speed in order to destroy the box, something that Jin was attempting to do. Maybe he could have manipulated the projectile, but it was no longer the issue now.  With the box destroyed, a good chunk of their problems was over for this corridor.

Or so Jinnouchi thought...

The rushing wave of blood along with the cold air was something that Jinnouchi had to handle yet again, but he wasn't sure if it was something he could do to help anyone this time. It annoyed him to no end with what his specialties were, something of this mass wasn't something he could get rid of easily.  It wasn't as if he was expecting it to be easy, but Jin wanted to make sure that everyone got back to their families in one peace. The enemy already destroyed one family, he didn't want people under his responsibility to have broken homes as well.

"Try to use the golems, if they can withstand the wave, at least use them as a shield so you aren't swept away!!! That's my only suggestion! Don't get hit by it, the hypothermia will be impossible to ignore if we are completely drenched!"

That was the worst-case scenario, but Jin tried to move at A rank speeds and use Borealis golem as a brace so that he wouldn't get swept aside. As long as the golem was able to keep its body upright, even if Jin was washed with blood, he wouldn't get knocked down. But notice that he was by Taigakai and completely drenched, he started to form hand signs for his body heat alignment in order to give himself a B rank heat resistance. Afterward, Jin ran over to Meiani and Kai, tapping them, and finally Seiko. If they couldn't handle it before, at the very least, they would be able to hold on. Along with the fact that Jin had a very high affinity for heat, the cost wasn't too bad, he just needs to hold on for as long as he could.

"This is the best I can do, stay warm, protect the guide. Kotone,  stand by me if you get too cold, 6 feet is the max you can be away..."

This was fine, Jin was willing to endure this usage of chakra if it meant his team would be ok. As they moved forward, Jin's heat sensory was firing off from all sides, getting a feel for everything that was coming their way.

"Enemies... they're big and fast too. Prepare yourself!!!"

Since a good deal of his friends had Jin's own heat signature, it was even easier to tell apart friend from foe with his heat sensory.

Starting off with the GA that was heading in Jin's direction, he had a combination of A tier speeds and A tier reaction tiers. Along with his volatile heat increasing the distance requirement for his tier level increase, Jin had ++ A reaction and A tier speed from the time he moved out of the way of that GA.

"First throw!"

Taking out two his modded kunai once again and throwing at the amazing SS rank speeds, Jin was aiming to take out the two creatures that were heading for Kai, Seiko, and Meiani. Jin didn't need to aim because of the heat-seeking mod, he just threw as  it automatically locked on the heat signature while moving at SS rank speeds to save his comrades. He used three of those senbon so far, he hoped he had enough.

"They can't dodge those, start moving. We need a way out of this room!"

As for the damage, the S rank did the initial piercing into the creatures to deal with S rank physical, and then the explosive hybrid damage inside of the wound and the insides of B rank, with hybrid being something they would be unable to soak. The accumulated damage should be to kill them.

Jin himself was scanning around, hoping that maybe his sensory or something would be able to tell him anything. But he did notice Taigaki walking off somewhere.

"Tai! Taigaki, where are you going?! Maintain formation!"

used
Spoiler:

Notes
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th December 2020, 6:13 pm

A slight sense of satisfaction ran through Seiko as the key was struck and the blades stopped. Primaris and Secundus landed on the ground with a thump, Seiko shifting slightly to keep her balance atop Primaris' shoulders, scanning around. The Golem put both Kaili and Meiani behind it as the blood started to pour as a flood instead of just a spray. Primaris crouched slightly and dug the fingers of his left hand into the ground to hold himself in place, his other reaching around to keep Kaili and Meiani close so they wouldn't be swept away. Secundus for his part turned his body sideways, wrapping the cloth of his cape around the top half of Taigakai's body to keep him mostly covered and protected from the blood, Seiko knew he'd hate his outfit to be ruined. Secundus' other arm reached out and gripped Jinnouchi's wrist, keeping him locked in place in case he couldn't do it himself.

Seiko herself was standing on top of Primaris and was very likely out of the flood and if she wasn't, she'd duck down behind his body to let it wash around him. Then the lights started to go down and the temperature started to drop as Seiko climbed up onto Primaris' shoulder once more. She glanced at Taigakai but she was sure she had put him far enough away, perhaps she had underestimated the power of his winter's breath, she'd need to rectify that or at least find a way to start warming herself. Luckily Jinnouchi provided just that thing, as she stretched her leg down to let him tap it. It was nice to be out of the cold... But she was far from out of the danger.

When the call for danger was sent out, Seiko reacted immediately. "AVERT YOUR EYES!" She roared as she unleashed a wave of lightning chakra from her raised fist. The bright flash of blue-white light would hopefully put the first GA out of alignment as Primaris raised his fists to catch it and rip it apart. Nothing he could do about the second one however, considering he only had one pair of hands, so it was up to Seiko to deal with it. She hopped down into the blood and frowned at the snake wrapped around her beloved construct's legs. "Limiters released, supreme activation." She muttered and swung her hand down with her fingers extended like claws, aiming to rip straight through this thing's body. Successful or not, if the first one was dealt with then Primaris would spread his legs into a power stance to break the knot, one of them wasn't strong enough to hold him after all.

She spun though at Jinnouchi's call, fury flashing in her eyes as Taigakai wandered off. "Definitely not, you can't have him." She snarled and turned Secundus into bytecode, immediately dropping the snake that was tied around him, she then resummoned the Golem and he dashed forwards to grab Taigakai and bring him back, Seiko stepping forwards to try and get the GA's attention. "We need to move forwards, if we can open a breachhead we can get out of this section and deeper into the labyrinth, lingering here favours only the enemies." She called out, moving back towards the protection of Primaris.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Haru

Haru

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th December 2020, 8:24 am

It seemed like the group had succeeded in completing the first challenge thanks to Jinnouchi and Seiko. The saws had stopped and Kaili had almost exhaled a sigh of relief before their situation took a turn for the worst. His eyes looked to the walls for what his ears already told him. The walls were cracking, which immediately irritated him since he had just learned they had been standing for over a century only to break now. The earlier spray of blood would now be replaced with a large torrent as the overflow made its way for the group to wash them away.

Luckily, the team had Seiko and she possessed her golems. Thanks to her, Kaili and Meiani were moved behind Primaris and braced up against it, thus blocking the initial force of the flood. Soon the height of the liquid would trickle down to only knee level. Not long after Jinnouchi had tapped them and he began to feel warmer even with his feathers. He was glad Meiani would be warm as well, because he didn't see a way to warm her without literally becoming a human torch. "Thanks bro." However, it didn't seem to be over yet, and Kaili felt that he should accept that fact. This was going to be a ride of ups and downs. It was confirmed when Meiani asked if he could hear something, which when he tried the shaking began. "Oh, now what?"

The light around them started to dwindle unnaturally, it put Kaili back on alert as he moved closer to Meiani. He was shook by the scream that she let out. He didn't know what an Ajaras was or what it meant. All he knew was that everything that they came across here was a threat. From there everyone went into battle mode as the ambush started and these creatures started to pop up and drop down. Suddenly Seiko released a bright light after issuing a warning beforehand causing Kaili to close his eyes. After opening he would find Meiani was being pulled away towards two of the creatures. At that moment he burst off in a full sprint before he'd begin to glide along the surface with black flames at his heels at above vacuum release speeds. Then Jinnouchi assisted by attacking both of them. Afterwhich he'd attempt to pick up Meiani off the scales and bring her back within Primaris' vicinity.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime3rd January 2021, 2:06 pm

Azazel: The Hunt

The Hunt:

Team A had their work cut out for them. Despite the obstacles being overwhelming they managed to pull through yet again. Jinnouchi’s leadership truly shined as he advised his team to hold onto Seiko’s golems to prevent from being swept away by the flood. They all took his advice, remaining firm in the midst of the incoming waves of blood.

However they were still drenched in it, and due to the unrelenting cold that filled the room, the team remained at risk of undergoing the effects of hypothermia. But once again their leader was prepared. Using his heat style techniques, Jinnouchi was able to tag a few of his teammates and regulate their body temperatures. This was much needed by the majority of his teammates including, Meiani.

Two out of many crisis averted. If it wasn’t a wave of blood or cold temperatures, surely it would be the snake like GAs that gets them. As these massive creatures made their moves , Seiko and the team were ready. With a loud warning, Seiko then used a technique to cause some sort of a blinding light effect. This was super effective causing even the GAs in the shadows to turn away for a moment. This also caused the two GAs aimed at Primaris to fail. The first GA instead ended up in the grasp of Primaris and torn apart, causing a large outpouring of blood. How barbaric but very effective.

Guess the sight of all this blood began to affect , Seiko. Because this time instead of using Primeris to kill the second GA like this last one, She decided to handle that one personally. So while it continued with the hold , Seiko used her technique to punch a hole clean through its stomach.  The blood and acid leaking from it was everywhere. With the little life that GA had left it attempted to run away towards Meiani’s side of the area.

Meanwhile Kotone and Jinnouchi also jumped into action: Kotone broke out of the shadow release hold by using one of her pellets to produce adequate blow back. She wasted little time following up with another pellet and three flaming lion cub fire balls to the GA before her. Screaming in pain that one would also attempt to run into the shadows. The GAs had observed and plotted on the team since they entered the realm, but despite this , they were failing.

Jinnouchi released three heat seeking projectiles which eliminated the GA targeting Seiko, Kaili, and Meiani.  This ensured that  those three were safe and free to help anyone else. Meiani couldn’t help but be in awe of this incredible team. The way they battled, how well they worked off of one another, it was definitely like working with a group of heroes. Just watching them make quick work of the threats even with little preparation was inspiring. She ended up getting soo pumped that she tried something for herself. She waited until the GA that was fleeing from Seiko got a bit closer then drop kicked it in the face.

This maneuver landed successfully, but did no damage at all. “Did you see that Kaili?! I kicked the thing right in its stupid face, yeah!!!!” Just as it seemed that the team had everything well in hand ,Taigakai went wandering off. The team leader Jinnouchi did what he could to alarm Taigakai about leaving the formation. Seiko also attempted to have Secondus aka Borealis stop him from walking into the shadows. Unfortunately it was too late.  The spirit was pulling Taigakai’s attention towards it, but it was him who decided to go investigate . He could’ve stayed with the group. So the moment he made the decision , he’d only walk a few steps and then vanish away from the group.

It’s likely that losing a teammate so soon would cause panic throughout the team, but their troubles were not done. Seiko’s assessment was correct, they’d have to keep pushing forward. The GAs made themselves ready for a secondary assault, when Meiani would make an interesting observation, “ the scales on these creatures match the arrow patterns on the ground”.  She look towards the torn body of the first GA and confirm their match before alarming the team, “The walls, the floor ! They’re all GAs!" Like waiting for a cue the floor would begin to lift and shift, affirming her statement.

While this was happening Taigakai ended up in a realm of darkness. All he could see was the little girl from earlier. She was still without a lower jaw and without a left eye, but that couldn’t keep Taigakai from noticing the shock on her face. The spirit truly did not expect for him to listen and answer the call.  Without further hesitation, she stretched her hand out and opened her palm revealing a strange golden key. She wanted him to take it and if he did, his teammates would all be sent on to the next realm. This was a good thing, this was how they’d move forward.

To the others outside of the shadow realm, a loud screeching sound  resonated throughout the room, followed by the lighting in the room flickering-on and off. The GAs were in pain and began to retreat while shaking the team off causing them to fall into the bottomless pit. Kaili also began to fall and as he descended further into the pit he’d hear Meiani call out for him. “Kailiiiii! Help!" She was caught but not by GAs.  It was a young woman with a hat made of straws. She had a pipe in her mouth and was holding Meiani up with one hand while driving a Katana threw her chest with the other. Meiani’s mouth shot open from the pain. The young swordsman looked straight into Kaili’s eyes and smiled before pulling down on the samurai sword and splitting Meiani in two. As the color left Meiani’s eyes the realm faded into black.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A   Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 1(pt.1):Enter The Mouth of Azazel : Team A
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2