Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sid

Sid

Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Empty
PostSubject: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime8th September 2020, 7:26 pm

Sid found herself in the middle of the training field again, today she was wearing a sleeveless t-shirt with large armholes that exposed her sides. She had a sports bra on underneath, black compression shorts and wraps around her hands and feet. She looked at her skates situated on the bench and then to the entrance of the training grounds. She wasn't training alone today, she was hoping to get instruction from one of her more skilled cousins within the Kukinorite clan today. She was a little nervous, as she had encountered a number of Kukinorite that looked down on her for her mixed lineage, and Silva was a Brain Charger, so his ideals were coming from an older and maybe harsher place.

"Calm down Sid," She spoke aloud to herself as she paced a bit where she stood "He wouldn't have agreed to come here if he was going to call you a half-breed and spit in your face or anything like that. You are totally overreacting....and you're totally talking to yourself. Out loud. In the middle of an empty training space... Not freaky at all, definitely something normal people do." She chuckled a bit and took a sip from her water bottle before setting it down next to her skates.

Last edited by Sid on 9th September 2020, 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing speech color)
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime9th September 2020, 2:09 pm

About five minutes after the meeting was supposed to have happened, Sid's teacher finally showed up. He was an impeccably dressed man, reasonably tall with a sharp suit and tie on. The image was mostly ruined however by the fact that he was sitting cross-legged on a skateboard that slowly rolled into the training area. The dark circles under his eyes didn't help and he had a lit cigarette between his lips. As he rolled to a stop in front of Sid he groaned and stood up giving her a nod before holding out one of the two cups he was carrying. "Sorry, woke up late, got you a coffee as an apology." He muttered, waiting for her to take the cup out of his hand before he turned and kicked his skateboard up into his now free hand.

"So to get pleasantries out the way... I'm Silva Kukinorite, Brain Charger, though you probably know that already." He took a long drag on his cigarette and turned his head away so he wasn't blowing smoke in Sid's face. "Let me hear a bit about you, what sort of things are you good at, where are you trying to go in life, what is your preferred shampoo scent? Basic things, let me get to know you." Silva wasn't very well versed in this teaching thing and his quiet, monotone voice would probably make that last one sound creepy rather than funny, ah well, he'd already said it, too late now.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime9th September 2020, 2:47 pm

Sid took the cup with a small nod of thanks and a smile. She took a sip to not seem ungrateful, but she didn't really like caffeine all that much. Drinking too much of it put strain on the vocal chords, and hers were very important to her, but a single cup today wouldn't do that much damage.... She hoped at least. As Sid listened to Silva speak, she took in his appearance and all. She decided that his first impression, while unique to say the least, was a good one. She even found his voice to be pleasant, where another might think it unsettling. She was always one to appreciate most sounds equally.

She took another sip of her coffee before setting it down on the bench. She got to talk about one of her favorite subjects now: herself "Welp, I'm Sidonie Jayne, but most people just cal me Sid. My mom's a Kukinorite and my dad's a Kangen. I don't really know which one I lean more towards, so I don't use the clan names, but I was mostly raised around Kukinorite when I was younger. Which is why I asked you specifically to train me in...wait no that's getting ahead." She chuckled and raised her hands to her hips "I'm a good singer, and my body is better physically than most. But when I first became a Genin I kinda....fell off the training path. It was about four years ago, I think. I wanted to become a name known 'round the world for my singing, so I shied away from the shinobi side of things until they just weren't at the forefront of my mind. But then something, I don't really know what, lit a fire under me so now I'm getting back into the swing."

Sid thought about what she wanted in life "I still want to take the world by storm as an idol but I think I also want to be, I dunno, maybe a hero too? A kunoichi people can look up to as a celebrity and a warrior, you know? I know eventually it'll incorporate some Kangen teachings because...well it'd probably be better to show you?" She turned to a dummy and cleared her throat, humming softly to herself then taking a few breaths. After a moment she let out a piercing screech, a bullet of force echoing from her mouth and slamming into the mobile dummy in question, causing it to rapidly spin around "My Ronin Ability empowers my voice. It's a bit unrefined but...yeah. For now, though, I want to master the Kukinorite techniques and maybe establish my Road while I'm at it. Coz that's what Gravity Children do, yeah?"

"Oh. I'm a Virgo, I love chocolates and herbal teas, I'm left handed and I favor a cherry blossom infusion scrub for my hair. Keeps it silky and it smells a-may-ZING!"
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime10th September 2020, 2:24 pm

A long few moments went by as Silva sipped on his coffee and listened to her talk. He was glad that she was a talkative one, it meant he didn't need to prod her as much for information and that meant he had to talk less which was absolutely fine by him. Once she was done he let the silence linger for a minute, nodding his head before he started to talk.

"That's good, you've got a fair idea of where you want to go and a skill base to work off of. That's the most important thing. Having drive, initiative, that's one of the things I've found most important about being a shinobi. You need to have a destination and even if you never reach it, the journey will have been worth it. That's part of my philosophy as a Kukinorite as well." He told her, putting his coffee down and actually seeming to have a bit more energy as he spoke. "What we do is move, all of the roads are based off of it, the ability to move across the field and use that to empower us. I feel that even in combat having a drive and a destination helps you, makes it harder for you to stumble, means an enemy can't get into your head and shake your resolve, that's our job."

He rolled his shoulders for a moment and put his skateboard down, leaning it against the bench. "So I want you to do a few things for me. First of all tell me what you want to focus on, the actual physical movements, the tricks themselves or the underlying purpose of the Roads? Next, I want you to show me some moves, move around, dance a bit, I want to see where your balance lies. Lastly I want you to show me your Shadow, when you're ready, it tells you a lot about a person."
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime10th September 2020, 2:48 pm

Sid listened to what he had to say intently. She hadn't had a teacher from the Kukinorite clan outside of her mother and she was a regular member, not a GC or BC like Sid or Silva. Perspective from different members of the clan were invaluable. Sid thought for a moment on his question "I honestly think all three are important to becoming an effective Rider, but that is such a shit answer haha." She tapped a manicured finger to her chin for a moment before continuing "I definitely want to work on the actual motions to start with, though. Both of my clans possess styles similar to one another, and I feel like putting them together would make something extra dope."

She crouched and quickly slipped into her skates "I try to keep up a rhythm when I move. Like dancing, you know? Makes it more fun for me." Once she had on her skates she stood and began moving around in tight circles, just to pick up speed. Once she was comfortable she wove around Silva once, then around the training field. She turned as she rode, skating sideways and backwards as well as forwards. When she made it around to Silva again, she flipped forward into a handstand and then back onto her skates, not loosing a bit of momentum as she did so. To finish off she wove in between the dummies at the end of the training field with a combination of flips, slides and a few dance moves.

She skated to a to the middle of the training field, though was careful to keep her skates in motion "Shadow is a little trickier, as I've never been much of an angry person." She closed her eyes, reaching down deep into herself to find that reservoir of primal bloodlust that seemed to be present in all humanoid beings. Once she had hold of it, she pulled it up into her chest, letting it quicken her heartbeat and warm her cheeks before she pushed it outwards. Her actual shadow grew in length and darkness, then stretched up behind her. Neon pink barbs extended around her out towards Silva as the darkness solidified into the shape of a demoness, her arms wrapped loosely around Sid's shoulders as her eyes stared the male Kukinorite down. Sid gave her a glance but then returned her eyes to Silva "It's actually getting easier to do that. Who would've thought?"

Sid's Shadow:
Techniques Used:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime10th September 2020, 3:06 pm

Silva's eyes were almost hollow as he watched Sid doing her movements, a quiet humming leaving his lips. It wasn't his type of movement but he could respect and understand it, especially with what she wanted to be. He was more about efficiency, almost laziness but his road encouraged it, the less energy he expended early in the fight, the more he had to go all out when the insidious touch of his shadows were done.

"Fusion is good, especially as a Hybrid. Not only is it a basic part of the advanced roads but it'll let you exceed your peers, that's part of why Hybrids are usually looked down on. You have a privileged position and it's my goal to ensure that you use it in a good way, rather than becoming arrogant and believing yourself to be better." He told her simply, he put his cigarette out and then put the butt in his pocket so he wouldn't be literring the training area.

Then came her shadow and he noticed it did take a moment for it to manifest... Perhaps she needed the same lesson he had, a long time ago now. "A Shadow doesn't have to be born of anger. It's a manifestation of your ability to kill and your ability to fight, truly fight. Anger is a simple connection but not everyone is angry, I'm not." He punctuated that by summoning his own shadow, a massive creature of oozing black tar, only barely giving the impression of claws and a hooked, beaked face. Dozens of eyes opened up across the looming shadow and it almost seemed more real than usual, the shadows it leaked and dripped just a bit more solid. "I draw mine from a cold place. I will not lose. Quite simple, quite effective. I said the Drive mattered, this is part of that, find the place that is comfortable for you. Find the idea, the thought that you would kill for, fight to your last for."

He let that thought hang in the air for a few moments alongside his Shadow before he banished them. "Your movements are good though, nice fluidity. You've been keeping up with your exercise at least, that much I can see and am happy about. Do you know the basics of Waserotapa already or would giving you a few starter exercises help?"

Silva's Shadow:

Techs:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime10th September 2020, 8:35 pm

When Silva manifested his own Shadow, the difference in their skill was made clear. A stroke of fear rippled through her like the shock of ice cold water, nearly causing her to stop her subtle skating. Even her own Shadow shrunk away from the many eyed creature, disappearing behind her and dismissing herself. It was a relief when Silva dispelled it, she didn't want him to think she was scared of him now "Keeping in mind there's almost always someone out there in the world that can stomp you into the ground is a good way to keep anyone humble" She joked offhandedly. She would think more on a place she could draw from other than anger and bloodlust to summon her Shadow. She didn't like tapping into that, it felt too dark for her liking.

"I picked back up the exercises only a few weeks ago, and it was a bitch and a half if I'm being honest." She remembered the hours she spent in baths or rubbing soothing creams into her flesh to try and stop the aching in her muscles "I was coached in the balancing techniques of it when I was younger, to help build a good foundation for my Ride. I never learned anything else from the style though, I stepped away from active duty before I had the chance to." She had stretched before Silva had arrived, to pass the time, but she did a few extra to make sure her arms are limber enough "Some starter moves would be great."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime12th September 2020, 7:24 pm

A Prodigy?! She was paired with a prodigy! Morrigan could swear this was Kami mocking her. She had actually attempted to change out of her team, but when she found the office it dawned upon her that this could actually work to her benefit. If she was to surpass the so called prodigies, then being placed with one... perhaps this wouldn't be the worst. She instead made her time there to get the information, only to be then told that this girl was out meeting a teacher as they spoke.

Why not then.

Morrigan was already informed to at least be careful. This girl, Sid, was training with someone specific. Something to do with their main fighting style or something. The girl in the gothic lolita dress didn't even need to ask, from the looks of things at the location she could see she most likely had the right place. Two people with very similar looking abilities, one older and clearly stronger. Yeah she had the right spot. Holding her Amatsu in her hands, giving tiny little squeezes to her little orb friend, she just observed. Whatever it was the younger, clearly the one that was this Sid, summoned looked cooler though. Not Morrigan's style, but interesting. But after a few more minutes... yeah it looked rude. "... Hey. Just wanna check I'm not standing around watching nothing. You're Sid, right?" She called from her spot.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime13th September 2020, 7:13 pm

"Hm... You take to them well." He told her simply and rolled his neck for a few moments. He ran through some ideas and then settled on the absolute basics. "So the first couple we'll run through are Bounce and Step, the most simple but a basis for the rest. Waserotapa are I'm sure you're aware is based entirely around footwork and movement." Silva shook his arms out and then started to bounce from foot to foot for a moment before stepping forward and in, his movements like liquid or smoke. He shifted into Sid's guard and then hopped straight up without really seeming to bend his legs, flipping over her by tucking his legs in.

When he landed behind her he showed her the moves a bit slower this time, the way he moved and hopped, adding a surprising amount of height to his jumps. He knew as a Ronin she'd probably be better learning from watching rather than being told. "You practice that for now because I've noticed we have a newcomer." He nodded and then turned to the new girl.

"Morrigan, come over here you're in the right place. I got a message that I might want to expect more than one trainee."
He waved her over and waited until she drew close enough. "I am Silva Kukinorite, tell me about yourself as you're later than I usually am which is quite rare. Additionally, what are you looking to learn from this training, ways to harness shadow, physical techniques or are you looking to reach eternal zen and ascend to nirvana?" His voice was completely monotone even through his joke, only a single eyebrow quirked to show he was making light of the situation.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime13th September 2020, 8:18 pm

Sid's eyes examined everything Silva did in slow motion, her brain working overtime to pour over every twitch of muscle that she could see with his clothing occluding the skin. It wasn't much, but she was a genius-level Ronin, so it was more than enough. She hadn't trained the fighting style or either maneuver that Silva had used, but she now knew how to replicate it perfectly. She wasn't overly boastful, but she had to admit being able to pick apart almost every physical maneuver she sees with perfect accuracy was a skill that came in handy in a lot of situations. She loved that her parents decided to bang.

Sid couldn't help but look at the new girl curiously, despite Silva's order. She gave a smile and a wave to Morrigan "Hey" She guessed Silva's time was slotted for two people today. She didn't mind it, getting a bit of instruction and then being left to practice them herself was how she was accustomed to training. She turned and began bouncing on her feet just as Silva had. After a moment, she jumped into the air, but a bit farther than Silva had. Her dancing had an added effect: she was steadier on her feet and moved better than others could. She landed lightly on her feet and jumped again, this time turning so Morrigan could see and striking a pose, smiling brightly with her tongue lolling out and hands held up in peace signs to either side of her face.

Sid practiced these jumps a few more time, each time she landed making sure she did so in a way that kept her skates moving and conserved the momentum they had when she pushed off the ground. She stopped after a few to skate over to a rotary dummy, kicking it to start the thing spinning and then practicing the Step maneuver Silva had mentioned.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime13th September 2020, 8:40 pm

Morrigan hopped the fence, seeming to take a step in mid air as she created a little platform for herself to make the mount weeks descend that much easier. Also admittedly to show off a little. She watched the agile girl... Bouncing? Well what else could you call it. Morrigan shrugged it off to properly greet Silva, taking on a rather prim and proper stance and speech. "Well... I'm Morrigan Triss, from within the Mikaboshi clan. Top of my class in the academy, not that was much an effort when everybody else could barely call themselves shinobi with no strive to do anything but push the so called prodigy generation on to an even higher pedestal than they deserved." Bitter? Of course not. "Shadow is my specialty as of right now, and I've also also begun work on developing in my other elements as a back up." She spared a glance at Sid. "I am also on the precipice of unlocking my clan Kekkei Tota, for Darkness. If you would like to know the depths of my skills." Where some might have stated she was bragging, she was just being blunt. "I see myself as a close mid range fighter mostly. I have been being taught my clan taijutsu style, but I am still a beginner there, for close quarter engagements. Any suggestions from outside my clan, would be wholeheartedly listened to."
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime15th September 2020, 8:19 pm

Silva had to suppress a sigh as he listened to Morrigan speak. He knew this teaching job was going to be rough but they really had to put a Hybrid in the same team as someone with pretty obvious anti-Hybrid leanings? Luckily he managed to keep his face passive and simply stared at her as she spoke, not a shred of emotion crossing his face. Better to let her get her flexing and posturing out of the way early so that he could actually get to the core of what she knew and what he would be able to teach her.

Once Morrigan was done, Silva gave a few nods and chewed over his thoughts for a few moments before speaking to her. "Luckily, I also possess Shadow Release. However I would rather run you through some basics before moving onto elemental specialties. Why don't you show me some of what you can do? Physical only for the moment, even if it's just your movements, how you carry yourself. Additionally, an important question for you. What drives you? What keeps you going even when your very muscles are threatening to give up on you? What keeps the fire of your soul lit in the heaviest of gales?" It was quite amazing how Silva could give such grand lines with a completely dead monotone. "Think on that and get back to me."

With that done he turned to look Sid, watching her movements and nodding a few times. "Good movements, Sidonie, keep it up. While you're doing them I want you to tell me what Roads you plan to ride and when you name a Road I want you to tell me the basic fundamentals behind it, what the Road does and how it impacts the body." He told her, digging around in his pockets for another cigarette.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime15th September 2020, 11:27 pm

Sid nodded as she dipped in and out of the dummy's spinning arms "My starter Road is Ring. The most supplementary of the Roads, focused on syncing with and enhancing the abilities of your fellow Rider." She leaned back with a quick exhale to avoid a swinging peg to the head "It's greatest utility to the clan lay in the production and training of Tuners. Tuners support their chosen member of the clan, with the most skilled choosing to support the Kings and Queens of the Road, building and then helping them tune to their Regalia or Sub-Regalia. It's a very useful Road if you wanna muck around with sound waves too, which is why I picked it."

Sid twirled away from a branch to her mid section and then moved back in, all the while continuing to talk to Silva "Next is the Wing Road, known as the Purest Road, closest to the sky with the greatest potential for Flight. It focuses on the manipulation of the winds surrounding the user, for sensory, enhancing one's jumping capability, cushioning impacts against the user and even forming platforms of air currents to ride on." She slipped beneath the "reach" of the dummy to come around behind it "Then there's the Gaia Road, which is the opposite of Wing in my opinion. It's main power is, surprise surprise, tied to the earth, using vibrations to sense around the rider as well as manipulate the earth beneath their skates."

"My last Original Road would be Sonia, the harshest of all the O.G. Roads. It puts additional pressure upon the user as they Ride, but in return grants them unparalleled maneuverability and a savage method of Riding that allows them to prey on people who try to lock them down, making them extremely dangerous against the Wing and Gaia Roads. Oh! Also they're a girl's only club because guy's hips could NEVER!" She flipped over the dummy and landed skating on the other side, shifting her center of gravity from one side to another before heading back in on the dummy.

"I didn't want to seem too....haughty because I haven't put any moves towards it, but I've already designed the Road I will truly Ride. I call it the Rockin Road, it combines Wing's ability to command the air and Gaia's ability to control vibrations with Ring's syncing ability to allow me to manipulate sound itself, with a splash of Sonia thrown in to toughen me up and also empower my Ride. I just need the Ring Regalia to form the Road, which is mine by birthright. Being a legacy and all..." This seemed to agitate her, and she nearly lost her rhythm, but she got back on track "You wouldn't...know how to go about getting it would you...?" She tried to sound nonchalant about it, but it was obvious that it meant a lot to her.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime16th September 2020, 11:23 am

"I'm driven to be the best. I'm from a very outside circle of the Mikaboshi clan, enough that I don't even carry the name." Morrigan crouched a little before leaping up, and to the side above Silva, before just as quickly creating a little platform and bouncing from it to their other side, where they bounced off another, and returned to their original spot with a little flourish. Spinning on her toes she turned and drove a weakened hit to Silva, tugging at their chakra. She didn't really know how else she could show she had trained in the Dark Fist technique. "I've been learning the Dark Fist of my clan. But I'm currently studying up altering my Amatsu in to new shapes. I'm thinking... maybe a bow. I don't like to get dirty to hitting from a distance would be nice." If anything, she showed she was light on her feet, each movement being bouncy, flowy, even in heels. "... I want to show that family, bloodline of greatness or whatever bullshit, isn't everything. That's what drives me. ... I went through the Academy hearing nothing but 'you're following in the footsteps of a generation of prodigies', and how 'you should look up to them'! Like... Like we're not as good!" Now her real passion was coming out. "I'm going to show them they were wrong. Just because Mommy and Daddy didn't hand me everything on a plate doesn't mean I'm not... oh... right..." She trailed off as it returned to her memory of what she'd just heard of from Sid. She... She was one of them. Oops. "... I just don't like people looking down on me because I didn't have all the advantages that the generation seems rife with."

Displaying:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime18th September 2020, 2:11 pm

As Morrigan landed, Silva actually showed a flash of emotion for once. He recognised what she was trying to do and at S-Rank speeds his hand flashed up and cracked Morrigan's knuckles to disrupt her movements, his skin was surprisingly cold however and strange wisps and shreds of shadow followed his movement. His face turned into a frown for a quick moment before he went back to being passive, although his stare at Morrigan was harder. "Your abilities as a Mikaboshi are incredibly dangerous. Never use them on someone you consider an ally without asking them for permission first. Remember, you are capable of doing irreperable damage to someone's chakra system." He told her bluntly before crossing his arms over his chest and letting her finish. He didn't say it to her but to hear a Mikaboshi talking about not being handed things by their bloodline was a bit hypocritical, maybe Morrigan would figure that out on her own. He'd need to find something else to tell her so that he didn't have to mention that.

"Dark Fist is always useful to a Mikaboshi, one of the primary methods of gaining chakra outside of just draining chakra based techniques. However it's not everything and finding a niche for yourself is a good goal. Kyujutsu is something I'm not too focused on but now I want you to tell me where exactly you envision yourself on a battlefield. Imagine you're standing on a field, unspecified allies around you, where are you, what are you doing? Take some time to think about it."

At the same time he had been listening to what Sid was shouting over to him, he was pretty good at multitasking to be fair. He turned to the other girl and gave her a nod. "I didn't ask about your personal road. At this point it isn't anything you should be focusing on. You're at the beginning of your training as a Kukinorite so you need to focus more on the base principles of the Roads and how to actually ride them because as good as you think you are, you're sloppy right now."

He spent a few long moments staring at Sid before shaking his head. "I'm not telling you how to get Regalia, not as a Genin and not as a new Genin especially. Nothing gets handed to you as far as I'm concerned, you work for it, you earn it and then you can gloat about having it." He told her with a shrug, he'd worked hard for his own Regalia, he wasn't going to make it easy or simple for anyone else. "So you've got the basics knowledge down. Now, Sid, from each of the Primary Roads you just named, I want you to tell me a single Principle from them and how that principle functions."
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime18th September 2020, 4:27 pm

Sid grit her teeth a bit at Silva's dismissal, but it was understandable. She was just getting back into the swing of things after all. She found that she was now moving faster thanks to building up momentum on her skates, and used that speed to kick out at the dummy to make it move faster, now splitting her focus between dodging the arms and striking back at the body of the dummy. Maybe she was releasing pent up frustration, maybe she wasn't. So what? You don't know her life "I'll go the same order: Ring has Rhythm, which allows them to sync with how other Kukinorite Ride in order to boost their Riding ability. Every Kukinorite is different, possessing their own Rhythm, and Ring Riders are the only Kukinorite capable of attuning to any kind of Rider since they adopt the other's Rhythm as their own."

"Wing's Dissipate uses the Rider's speed to build a sort of cushion of air around them. The cushion serves to reduce physical damage to the Rider, but only physical damage. Things that pierce defenses aren't affected and uh...the physical forms of elements strong against Winds aren't either. Gaia has Shake, which allows them to utilize vibrations for various purposes, but the main one is as a form of sonar that lets the Rider track targets below and above ground." Sid kicked at one of the branches of the dummy so that it would spin counter-clockwise now "It also uses vibrations to levitate things, which is so fuckin cool."

"Sonia has one of the harshest principles of all Original Roads: Pain. It increases the stress of the Rider's tricks, causing them to be more damaging to the body, by adding immense amounts of pressure to their Ride. But while it hurts like a bitch, it also gets the Rider used to high pressure environments, allowing them to move freely in situations like large storms, deep sea conditions or even high gravity. Which is what makes them so dangerous when pit against the Wing or Gaia Roads: they can't be locked down.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime24th September 2020, 6:03 am

Morrigan huffed as she was told off. Silva asked to see what she could do! Not her fault he asked for it. But... Best not to piss off the sensei. Being given a moment to think she turned to watch the Kukinorite girl whilst doing just that. It honestly wasn't too hard. She had her skills, her Amatsu was a great resource, and she was resilient. She could see herself... Anywhere. But she didn't find the words to answer with that.

"... I'm behind my squad. Supporting them from a distance and willing to step in should I need to. My link with my Amatsu gives me a sort of second sensory too, so attacking at range is slightly smoother to aim. I can fight up close, but I'm more comfortable on the back."
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime23rd October 2020, 3:16 pm

Silva sat there on his board listening and observing his students. It only took a few moments before taking a noticeable inhale followed by a loud yawn. He’d then place his hands behind his head and lay flat on his board with his legs crossed. “Well alright, it seems you’ve done your homework Sidonie. Morrigan.. he’d pause for a bit thinking over her responses. “That’s a very overlooked position that you’ve decided to take. More than often on a battlefield victory or defeat is determined by the competence of the support team. Good on you for wanting to take that route, but let’s see if you have the right instincts for the role. “

Silva placed his right hand on the ground and gently push off to slide a considerable distance away from the two. “ Alright Sidonie, I think your movement although sloppy can be sharpened with this next exercise. Morrigan, take your position about 20-30ft from Sidonie. That should be more than a fair distance that you’ll get in a real combat situation. Since you currently lack a more tamed element, you’ll be at a greater disadvantage. But to make it easier on you, I’ll tell you what I’m looking for. I’m looking for creativity and resourcefulness. Sidonie’s objective is to use her movement and acquired skills so far to simply tag you. Your goal, Morrigan, keep from getting tagged for 6 minutes(6 posts). Any questions? If not take your positions and stand ready.”
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime10th November 2020, 3:01 am

Sidonie spun on her skates to face Silva, making sure to keep herself moving so she wouldn't have to go through the hassle of building up her speed again "A game of tag? Sounds fun." She smiled brightly at Morrigan "Don't worry, Sunshine. I'll be gentle as a kitten with you. On your marks..." She crouched down low as she continued her side-to-side movement on her skates "Get set..." Her smile turned from friendly to predatory as she focused on Morrigan, narrowing her Perception down to Morrigan and Morrigan alone "Go!" She launched from her position and made a b-line for Morrigan at Bullet Release speeds, hoping to catch the girl off-guard. She had caught a glimpse of how she could move before. Sid was sure that she was faster.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime16th November 2020, 7:52 pm

"Avoid being tagged. Got it." This wasn't going to be amazing from the looks of it, but it made sense and surely gave her some things to think about in her training. And so, she flourished and began to increase the distance as best as she could beyond the initial, she guessed around, 25 feet. Sid was likely to catch her by the end, but damned if she wasn't going to try and put up as much a fight as possible. She pushed her own speed up, each step being elegant and calculated to ensure a basically straight line, with the aid of her shadowy platforms each time she needed to take a step over, or to bounce off of something with her control. All the while her focus now was to put a distance between her and Sid. But... it was also rather fun she would admit. And she was only just getting started. Plenty of time and distance to get a plan together. In her hand she felt her Amatsu throb, and she felt she knew exactly what to do. It would just take some focus.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime17th November 2020, 11:47 pm

Morrigan was smart, using their distance from each other alongside her own speed in order to move back away from Sid in an attempt to keep some distance between them. She liked this girl already, if she was being honest, but she had more than a bit of a competitive streak. She had copied what Silva had shown her before, rolling onto the balls of her feet before pushing off, but she added more force onto it in order to perform a full on jump, rather that a hop. Using her enhanced perception and intelligence, she calculated her trajectory so that she landed two feet behind Morrigan, skating towards her with her hand out and a cocky smile on her face "Gotcha!"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime18th November 2020, 1:56 pm

Morrigan noticed she was being caught up on, and readied herself just for the moment. She was definitely not going to make it that easy, and what she kept a little more to herself was the creation of a platform, and as Sid reached out, Morrigan stepped up and kicked off of a second platform at a heightened pace to tumble directly over Sid's head and hurrying off away from her in the opposite direction. She upped herself to match Sid's current speed, and began to use her platforms each few steps to zig zag without losing her momentum. She was going to keep moving, she couldn't do much to fight back, however she understood what this little part of her own training was about. Whilst Sid practised mobility, at least that was what the young Mikaboshi assumed was her goal, Morrigan's task was a little less obvious. If she was to be a ranged fighter, it would be her job to know how to avoid those who wanted to close the gap, or to create that distance she would dwell within. And that, that was where Amatsu would come in amazingly handy. Her Amatsu always felt peculiar, like it pulled her towards certain types. But the two hadn't quite bonded in the same way just yet than her brethren usually did. It had been some time, and yet her Amatsu still wasn't without a name. And that needed to change. She felt a rising heat in her palm as she absently stroked her Amatsu with her fingers. Oh, she was ready. As she ran, she spun on her heels and turned around to face Sid, using her platforms to get her two long steps up and away further. Her Amatsu swirled in her palm, before finally stretching out in to the shape of an ornate bow. And as Morrigan pulled back the string, an arrow formed itself between her fingers, and she fired. She wasn't aiming to hurt Sid one bit, just to make her dodge and slow her.

Learning and Using:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime18th November 2020, 10:51 pm

Sid tracked Morrigan as she went up and over her before dashing away. She probably could've intercepted the girl, but this was fun, and she wanted to see what Morrigan pulled out when she was backed into a corner like this. She turned on her skates in an arc, making sure to conserve the momentum she had spent so long building up prior. She renewed her chase for Morrigan, but then the girl did something she wasn't expecting: she pulled a bow out of nowhere. The arrow she launched was definitely bad news, but luckily she had copied more than Bounce from Silva. Using her perception to track the arrow, she tucked her body low and shifted her weight backwards at the same speed she had been moving prior, letting the arrow pass harmlessly over her head before performing the same jump maneuver. However this time she aimed to land on Morrigan, aiming a precise flying kick at her chest.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime23rd November 2020, 7:29 am

A flash of amazement crossed Morrigan's face as the Amatsu technique actually worked! How amazing! But she needed to keep moving, keep getting away using her platforms to help her as she took to the air with only one leap from the group each time to replenish the bits of shadows she needed to keep the platforms going. She wasn't exceptionally good at keeping track of time, but she figured it must have been nearly up at this point. A little longer and she could show the both of them that whilst exceptionally fresh to the field, she could absolutely keep up with things. She just needed to keep going. Albeit last she checked, Sid was gaining pace and could probably soon match her own B-rank. What a cool technique she had. As Sid came hurtling down at her again, Morrigan rotated in the air, kicking off sideways from a platform as Sid came flying past where she was only seconds ago. She was definitely catching up.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime23rd November 2020, 8:08 am

Sid knew her time was winding down, but she didn't need much more. She landed on her wheels, skated forward and then turned in an arc to keep her momentum, but as she did her speed increased another level and now she was neck and neck with Morrigan when it came to speed. This time she would catch her she knew it, so she performed another jump kick, though now with her increased speed and by extension perception, even if Morrigan tried to dodge her mid-air she would be able to compensate for the shift. She would win this, she knew it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]   Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Do a Duet! [Dual Training]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next