Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kenji

Kenji

Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Empty
PostSubject: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime3rd May 2021, 3:40 pm

Mission Info:

Roark toed some rubble on the corner of the sidewalk, flipping it over as he took a drag from his cigarette. Banjo sat on the ground, his wall against the cool brick of a no longer burning store front. Kami above, this place looks like a twister blew through. Roark said, regarding the torn up street, which was just one of many in the financial district. Banjo grunted in acknowledgement but said nothing more. The Sanbi attack had taken more than just lives from the people of Nazogakure. The rebuilding and relocating that would need to take place to find shelter for all of these poor souls was astounding. He regarded the street with a sad, vacant stare. The bodies hadn't bothered him much, he had seen plenty of those before. Sad as it was, death was inevitable for living creatures, but this represented something bigger. The village itself, its way of life, that was dying and it disturbed him.

Roark shook himself from his thoughts, finishing his cigarette and stomping it out. He looked back the way they had come and checked the sun. They were still early, so he couldn't fault the shinobi they were supposed to be meeting. Some girl from Haka...or was it Dipu...Mahou? Did it matter? Regardless of where she was from, she was here to help Nazo and that's what mattered. Today, Roark and Banjo had been selected to pick through the rubble and look for any valuables that could be returned to their owners. Apparently bandits had beaten the relief forces to the punch and if any were found while searching, the genin had been given full permission to take them out.
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime3rd May 2021, 3:55 pm

It was strange to walk through the destruction without ever having seen any of the creatures that caused it. Even though she was there during the attack on Haka she hadn't ever laid eyes on the beast that had destroyed the village... She didn't exactly have any eyes to lay anywhere after all. As she walked through the rubble of Nazogakure, Kirai hummed quietly to herself, little pulses of static electricity crawling along the ground and walls around her, letting her see. Soon enough she turned the corner and continued moving towards the meeting spot.

She was wearing her usual, a tight vest-top and a pair of shorts, there were several shuriken and kunai holders attached to her thighs and a loop of wire wrapped around her upper arm. The most obvious bit about her appearance though was the black blindfold she had wrapped around her eyes and the trails of old, scorched blood running down her cheeks like tears. Once she was close enough for her electro-sight to pick him up, her head snapped around to look at Roark and Banjo. She could only see outlines of them both but she could at least see that Roark was pretty tall and Banjo was a monkey. Curious.

She walked up to the other genin and held her hand out towards him. "Kirai. Hopefully ya got the mission stuff, fucking bandits... Hopin' ya don't mind killing." She flashed him a rather predatory grin and then swung her head around for a few moments. "Hope ya don't mind leadin' the way... hopefully for obvious reasons..." Hopefully this guy wouldn't mention anything more about her... Condition, she didn't want to have to beat up her ally.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime3rd May 2021, 6:09 pm

Oh, another kid...yeah that figgurs. Roark mumbled to himself as a small girl rounded the corner. He noticed her eyes were bandaged and found it odd that they'd send a wounded ninja out to take down some bandits. Surely she should be resting in the medical ward, then again the Republic itself was in shambles, never mind just Nazogakure. If she could work and was willing, it made sense she'd be out in the field. The child came straight to him, her movements somewhat...sporadic for a moment, but confident regardless of the bandage over her eyes. Err...Roark, the scruffy one over there is Banjo. Don't mind him, he don't talk much. As if in response, Banjo grunted from his seat against the burned out building. Less you count that as talkin.

Roark turned towards the blown out street, Killin don't bother me none, long as the dyin deserve it. He sighed, Bandits or not looks like- He cringed, pausing as he considered his choice of words, Er, from what I read we've got our work cut out for us. Plenty a missin jewlery and such people wrote down, that's most likely long gone but some of these here picture books wouldn't have any value to those bandits. Ledgers too, for the businesses. If they're still in one piece, we should be able to find them. Roark folded the mission paper after reading out some descriptions of the items. I guess we can start in this building here and work our way down the street. Roark said, nodding towards the one that Banjo sat against. Er, that's the one to our right that is. I don't mean to overstep or nothin like that, but how much direction will you need? Happy to provide, don't want to insult none.

Roark asked, trying to be as honest and genuine as possible. He found this generation of children to be fickle creatures. Easily upset, getting all hot and bothered over nothing. Yet all the same, perfectly capable of literally vivisecting you without a moment's hesitation. They were...frightening creatures to say the least and Roark had no desire to cross this one.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime3rd May 2021, 7:23 pm

For a few long moments Kirai stared in the vague direction of Roark, just enough to make him sweat a little, her mouth curling down into a sneer before... Out of nowhere... She burst out laughing, putting one hand to her stomach and shaking her head. When she was done she grinned widely, showing a few too many teeth. "Yer so fuckin worried about offending me, it's amazing. It's funny ta see someone shitting themselves trying not to hurt my feelings. So long as ya don't think I'm inferior or a bad kunoichi cause a' my affliction I won't bite yer head off." She told him before stepping past him and into the building.

"I can see vague outlines of things around me, ya can probably feel the static electricity. I can also kinda see the outlines of living things cause they've got electricity in them. I'm uh... I'm a Denkou, though I don't like to say I'm one." She said with a shrug, not really looking at him though she could still tell he was nearby. Instead she was looking through various things, trying to drag out everything that seemed even faintly useful or valuable. "Problem is, I can't see any details, ya get me? So I'mma need you to tell me if the shit I'm picking up is a lovely summer dress or some old ass nightgown."

"I'll also make sure that none of them fuckin' bandits sneak up on us."
She performed some hand seals and thumped an orb of electricity into the floor that burst outwards covering all of her surroundings in static electricity to let her see them, it'd be awfully hard to hide from her with this going on. "Should hold fer a while..." Kirai muttered.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime4th May 2021, 7:32 am

Roark breathed out and mumbled to himself, Pfft damn kids. Though, he was happy to find that this one seemed at least relatively playful, even if a bit...odd. The static...? He trailed off, feeling the hair on the back of his neck. He pulled up the sleeve of his duster and found that the hair on his arms was standing on end as well. Huh, hey Banj, get a load a- Roark turned to talk to the Blango and nearly fell over laughing. The ape was inspecting himself, noticing that his fur had puffed up upon contact with the extra static in the air. That there is a good look for ya Banj. Like we took ya to the cleaners or some such. Ooooh boy. Banjo grunted in annoyance towards Roark before rising to all fours and stalking off into the building Roark had been talking about earlier.

Oh don't be like- ah well. He'll get over it. Roark said with a grin, turning back to Kirai, Right then, no need to baby ya. Guess we can start looking for the photo albums and ledgers, ya know, book shaped things. I'm not holding out hope for any of that jewelry or art that's listed on here. According to the old map, this one here had a store on the bottom and an apartment up top for the family who owned it. So, you want top or bottom? Roark asked as he walked towards the entrance to the building.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime4th May 2021, 5:08 pm

"Photo albums and ledgers? Pffff as if I'd be able to pick them out." She said, blowing raspberries as she put her hands on her hips and looked around, seeing... Not much at all. She'd  need to start digging deeper. "I'll take the bottom, might be able to actually recognise when shit's valuable, y'know? If anything happens upstairs, ya just give a shout and I'll be up there quick sharp. Oh feel I should tell ya..." She turned towards Roark before realising what she was wearing and sighing.

"Stupid me, yeah ya can probably tell that I do shurikenjutsu what with the shuriken holders and wire and stuff."
She shook her head and then went back to searching. "Hope yer some kind of close up fighter otherwise we're gonna do alotta arguing about who should be shootin' when." She flopped down onto the ground and crawled under some fallen shelves, seemingly uncaring about the dust she was rolling around in. "Good thing I'm small, eh?" She called out from under the shelves, her voice muffled but she had no idea if Roark was even still there or if he'd went upstairs.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime16th May 2021, 10:29 am

As they rummaged through the house both of them would come across something interesting. First off, Kirai’s initial technique would allow her to notice that there was someone who wasn’t moving down in the cellar. With entrance to the cellar at the back of the house, she would have to make the decision to either ignore what her technique had revealed and continue to search for valuables or go out back and find out who or what was in there.

Roark on the other would immediately come across a large chest sitting in the middle of the room with one of the most secured padlocks he probably has ever seen if he has ever seen one that is. The room was spacious and had plenty of areas he could search for something to open it or if he had the strength to he could just take the lock off,
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime17th May 2021, 7:56 am

Aye, don't worry, Banj and I like to get up close and personal. Really get to know the man we're killin, eh? Just try not to hit us. He said warmly, though shook his head and thought, Blind girl specializing in shurikenjutsu? Now I've seen everything. He and Banjo took to the stairs, though Roark held up a hand as they groaned and creaked beneath the combined weight. Wait till I'm at the top, I don't feel so great about these stairs. Roark said and Banjo nodded, looking over at Kirai rummaging about downstairs. Meanwhile, Roark took the stairs a bit slowly, hesitating and trying to distribute his weight as evenly as possible. It was probably overly cautious, but it never hurt to be careful, especially with an even larger beast coming up behind him.
Alright, come on then fuzz face. Should be safe for your colorful behind, just careful of that sixth step, it groaned extra loud when I stepped on it. He called down to Banjo who began climbing the stairs while Roark opened the first door he found. This was apparently some sort of bedroom, surprisingly spacious considering it was above a storefront and he figured the quarters would be relatively small to make room for inventory and other some such business related needs.

While the room was dusty, it contained mostly ordinary items like a mirror, bed, dresser. The usual really, except for the massive chest to the side of the dresser. Strange they wouldn't try to hide this more if it has family valuables and such. He thought out loud as he hunched down by the chest to inspect it. Then again, I s'pose banks don't exactly hide their vaults neither. Banjo joined him by the chest, having arrived upstairs and began sniffing the room, rummaging through drawers and under the bed. Mostly tearing the place apart. Oi, be careful there Banj. We're supposed to be preserving precious family heirlooms, not ransacking the place. Come here and put those meaty blango paws to use. See if you can yank this thing off. Roark said and Banjo huffed by sauntered over to him, seizing the padlock in one hand he'd first attempt to crush it with his raw strength before yanking on it to see if there was any give.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime18th May 2021, 2:16 pm

As Kirai lay there searching through things, she stiffened up suddenly and pushed herself out and flipped straight onto her feet. There was someone else here but if she shouted up to Roark then it'd probably be too obvious and she'd lose any surprise strike she had. So she had a different idea instead. Taking out one of her kunai she moved to the bottom of the stairs and threw it up so that it stuck into the wall with a quiet thump, hopefully one that Roark would hear.

As she threw it she connected it to a thread of lightning and then moved outside towards the cellar door, pinning down a kunai and wrapping the end of the thread around it once it ran out of length and then creating a second one that lead to the cellar. It'd make it pretty obvious for Roark where Kirai was going if he followed the line and hopefully the presence of the weapons would put him on alert. Once she was at the cellar door, she opened it up and sent out another beacon down into the cellar to light the entire place up, crackles of static running across everything before she slid in, keeping her ears sharp and her electrolocation sharper.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime21st May 2021, 1:26 pm

With Banjo’s strength, he was easily able to crush the lock and once they looked inside they would come across a number of valuables. A couple of gems, a large amount of xel, and perhaps the most valuable of all a deed to the land they were currently on. If Roark took a second to think about the situation something would feel off. Off all the houses in this area, this house was left virtually untouched while others were burnt down or destroyed and now there was a strange chest sitting down in the middle of a bedroom holding all this valuable stuff. “Ahh, I see you found our valuables. Thank you kind shinobi.” An old man called out from behind Roark, standing at the door. With the man were two young but scruffy-looking men who would move in and look to pick up the chest. “You can return home now, I’ll let your superiors know it was a job well done.” There was now a choice to be made, he could either stop the men from leaving with the chest or consider it mission accomplished and leave to regroup with Kirai.

Speaking of Kirai, the moment she made her way down the cellar she would be greeted by the unexpected. On the floor in the corner was a woman chained to the wall, bloody, beaten, and somewhat broken. She would see Kirai and would immediately start screaming at the top of her lungs afraid Kirai was coming to finish the job that her captors had started. She would try her best try and run in the opposite direction but the chains didn’t allow her to go far so she would start throwing anything she could find at Kirai.

Chest contents:

Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime24th May 2021, 7:39 am

Banjo peered over the lip of the chest as Roark opened it and studied the contents. The Weaponkin let out a low whistle, impressed by the contents, Ooooh boy, would ya look at that Banj? Figured we'd find some family heirlooms and what not, but how'd they leave something like this behind? He turned to look at the blango, who was facing back towards the door now, his posture guarded and bordering on hostile. Roark followed his gaze and frowned as the old man greeted them. Roark folded his arms, listening to the old man prattle on, but nodded towards the approaching men. As instructed, Banjo puffed out his chest, making himself bigger and growling a warning at the younger men coming towards the chest. Roark reached behind him, closing the lid of the chest as he spoke, Gee, no foollin old timer? That'd be great, I was getting pretty bored of this job anyway. Here, let me just grab this chest for ya, it's a bit heavy, wouldn't want you pullin something.

Roark bent down, as if to retrieve the chest as he had said but then paused and snapped his fingers, looking like he had a thought, You know, it's the strangest thing. Just had this thought, hopefully you can xcuse me. See, Banj and I had to pass through a security checkpoint to get to this part of Nazo. The general forces of the village seem to be doing their best to protect the ruins from possible thieves and bandits and I know for a fact, due to the dangers and instability of all this rubble, they're not letting civilians back here. So how'd you do it old timer? Grease some palms? Know someone at the top? Roark asked, feigning curiosity. Regardless if the old man answered or not, a woman's scream would pierce the calm air outside and Roark would sigh, Yeah, that's what I figur'd. So how you want to do this? He asked the man, seemingly giving him a chance to make the first move.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime24th May 2021, 12:13 pm

The moment Kirai recognised a figure chained up, she'd enter the basement with her hands in the air in front of her, palms out. "Sh, sh, sh, I'm a shinobi." She whispered to the woman, pointing to the headband wrapped around her left thigh, the plate on it wasn't polished but it was clean and unmarked. "I'm here to help, honest." Kirai dashed over to her regardless if she was still throwing things, she'd simply dodge them before reaching the chains and summoning some shuriken made out of lightning into her hands. She'd slash through the chains with them hoping their piercing would let them break the metal before turning to head back.

"They're not going to be happy with you being found, you can either stick with me, make a run for the village or hide here. Make up your mind in a hurry though, I need to go make sure my teammate doesn't... Die." She frowned slightly and gave the woman about ten seconds to make her mind up before dashing up the stairs and rushing back towards where Roark was, making sure to keep on watch in case anyone tried to jump her.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime25th May 2021, 2:57 pm

His smile would vanish the moment Roark called him out on his bullshit and even though he knew there was a slim chance that the shinobi was stupid enough to fall for his charade but it seemed like the shinobi were getting smarter than the ones back in his day. In truth, he could just lie but what was the point of continuing the act, as such he would reach into the pouch he had on him and pulled out a scroll with the kanji for blaze written on it. “You know, there is a reason why this house was left virtually untouched. Out of all the valuables in this chest, this house is the most valuable. So it’s either you hand over the chest or the house can go up in flames. So this is how we’re doing this shinobi-kun.” He said with a smirk as his two minions stepped forward to protect him from Roark rushing him. He did wonder what that scream was but he needed to deal with what was before him.

The woman would continue to scream until the girl showed her that she wasn’t a threat to her safety after freeing her. She would immediately cling to her before sobbing uncontrollably. “Please don’t leave me. Please don’t leave” She said repeatedly as she clung to her as hard as she could as Kirai made her way back to Roark. It was obvious that wasn’t going anywhere on her own so she was stuck with her at this point in time. The problem was upon entering the house again she would be greeted by two bandits that were making their way upstairs to see what the hold up was with the old man and the other two. “Huh? Who the fuck is that?” One of them called out having spotted Kirai and her new friend. Both would rush towards her at C rank speeds looking to cleave her up with the great swords they were holding.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime25th May 2021, 8:41 pm

Aw hell. Roark said, spitting to the side, Puttin me in a real tricky sitchamacation here ole timer. He ran through several thoughts, though thinking wasn't particularly his specialty. He didn't quite know what the old man meant by the house being the valuable part. Place was torn up thanks to the Bijuu attack, then again, sentimentality for the family was a hard to put a price on. Out of the corner of his eye, Roark looked at Banjo who simply nodded before weaving handseals. A puff of smoke appeared next to Banjo as a second Blango, really a second Banjo himself, stepped forward and rushed the minion on the right. At the exact same time, Bango howled and rushed the one on the left.

That's my cue. Roark said before blurring forward at B-rank speeds, bursting past the two blangos as they lunged at the minions in attempt to tackle them and pin them to the ground. Roark thrust his hand forward as he neared the man, attempting to gran the wrist of the hand which held the scroll and placing a curse seal on the man. If it worked, the old timer would quickly find his body seizing and locking up, preventing him, Roark hoped, from activating the scroll.

Roark:

Banjo:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime25th May 2021, 9:59 pm

"It's okay, stay close to me but leave my arms free." Kirai told the woman before turning and leading her out of the cellar and around and into the house again. Her electrosight picked up immediately on the two targets climbing the stairs and so as she turned the corner and they spotted her, she was already moving. With her lightning shuriken from before she connected them with lightning and with a flare of chakra, they vanished from sight. Two were sent to each target to slice through their legs and send them spasming to the ground.

Whether or not they actually fell didn't matter to Kirai as she threw out her hands, tossing two kunai from her holsters into the air, suspending them for just a second with a burst of lightning before launching them at her foes, one kunai per target aiming to pierce heads, necks or eyes, wherever was open, both of them moving at A-Rank speeds. With that done she turned and nodded to the woman behind her. "It's probably safer outside but I won't stop you from following me, I can protect you." Kirai told her before heading into the house, checking for other foes before heading upstairs to assist Roark.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime31st May 2021, 3:04 pm

The bandits had no idea what had hit them as by the time they even raised their weapons they were killed. The sight of the gruesome murder caused the woman with her to throw up at her feet. There wasn’t any time for comfort, however, as the entire bandit group had converged on the house and began positioning themselves outside.  A group of three would enter from the back of the house while three would enter from the front. Naturally, the three that entered from the front would come across Kirai and the woman and would immediately let out a whistle to inform everyone that there was someone in the house. The three on the back would attempt to get the jump on Kirai and the woman by running towards them at C ranks speeds looking to slash them to pieces. Two from the group in front would also look to attack her hoping it was enough to overwhelm her or at least try and kill the woman with her. The last member, however, would make his way upstairs.

Roark’s move was indeed successful but the old man didn’t seem to care too much after hearing the signal going off. “Good try shinboi-kun. It’s over though.” He said with a smirk while he looked Roark in before letting out a whistle to signal he was upstairs. If Kirai didn’t stop the man heading upstairs, he would enter the room and threw two smoke bombs inside in an attempt to blind Roark and Banjo before making a beeline to the chest and throwing it out the window.

Bandits:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime3rd June 2021, 11:21 am

That there is...interestin. Roark grumbled to himself as the curse seal, while placed, didn't seem to actually do much. These bandits were clearly more than he initially thought. Do this the ole fashioned way then. He said as his foot turned into a shotgun that suddenly fired blanks into the floor, causing his knee to rise swiftly into the old man's gut unless he somehow blocked or dodged. Enough o'that whistlin, ya hear? Gimme a damn headache with that nonsense. Roark said. Meanwhile, Banjo and Banjo1 would manage to tackle the other two bandits to the floor, and having not been instructed further by Roark, decided to deal with them in the best way possible. If the bandits didn't manage to escape their grip, Banjo and Banjo1 would seize the bandits skulls in one meaty paw each before slamming them down against the wood floors several times until they stopped moving. The goal was to simply knock them out, but could Banjo really be blamed if the bandits turned out to be pathetic and weak?

OOC & Techs:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime3rd June 2021, 4:38 pm

As the number of targets around her increased, Kirai grabbed the woman and pushed her to the floor, standing over her and crouching slightly. "Cover your face." She snarled down at the woman and reached into her pouches, this wasn't going to be pretty and internally she was already apologising but there were a lot of targets and they needed to be dealt with. She waited for a breath, letting the groups get closer at least until one of them split off to run upstairs, at that point they were close enough for her to act. Both of her hands came out and she forced more power through her body, fresh blood staining the blindfold she was wearing and dripping down her cheeks. One hand flicked out, tossing a pair of kunai that exploded forwards at A-Rank speeds to spear into the target that was attempting to go up the stairs.

The true danger however was her left hand which she swung in an arc, opening her hand halfway through it. A brilliant burst of blue-white butterflies and sparks exploded out of her hand, likely blinding anyone that wasn't perceptive enough to close their eyes in time. However hidden amongst these fluttering electrical butterflies were five explosive tags that were spread out amongst the bandits. Kirai's hands slammed together into the seal of confrontation as the tags flitted out and drifted among the bandits, just far enough away that they wouldn't harm Kirai or the woman. At once all five explosive tags detonated, hopefully turning the bandits to paste... At the very least, Kirai wouldn't be able to see the mess. "I don't think you should open your eyes..." She muttered.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime4th June 2021, 4:31 pm

The bloodcurdling screams of the bandits would reach the ears of their colleagues outside which made them think it was time to approach the house more strategically. The whistle from the old man would let them know that he was upstairs with the others so two men would grab a bow and go around the back of the house with two others. Once they arrived at the back of the house, they would fire an arrow inside the window to break it and would follow up tossing two smoke bombs inside while the other two men climbed up the ledge to enter the room. Their main aim was to get the chest and bounce and thanks to their training they were able to see through the smoke before trying to grab the chest and tossing it out the window hoping those below would catch it and runoff.

Those remanding outside would again split up but this time into three groups. The first group would look to enter through the back once more but instead of rushing in they would throw two smoke bombs inside before rushing Kirai at C rank speeds while the other group came in and tried the good ole pincer attack. The final group, however, would stay back and allow them to quite possibly die a horrific death while they fired flaming arrows inside looking to burn the house to the ground. The house was a lost cause at this point and all they needed was the chest and honestly, even if they didn’t get the chest it was obvious that it was a failed mission.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime5th June 2021, 4:25 pm

Kami, almighty, seriously? Roark said as the window shattered and an arrow embedded itself in the ceiling. I got an idea...probably a bad one. Keep close. Roark said to Banjo as the room began to fill with smoke. He felt his way over to the chest, which as far as he was aware hadn't moved since all this began. Below he could hear the sounds of men climbing the side of the house, so he worked quickly, battling back coughs from the smoke, Roark popped open the top of the chest and transformed into weapon form. He fell into the bottom of the chest with a thunk, to which Banjo grunted in mild confusion, but said nothing more. Meanwhile, Banjo's clone would make its way over to the opposite window, which was still intact. It'd take some time, considering he couldn't see, but having been in the room for awhile, it wasn't exactly difficult to feel his way over to the general location and find it from there.

Banjo himself would step away from the chest and do his best to watch through the smoke, covering his mouth to block out the smoke and try to discern the shapes of figures coming in. Once he believed the men had stopped climbing and entered the room with them, Banjo's clone would burst through the window it had been standing at. There was no real rhyme or reason to this, but who wouldn't be distracted by a large ape flying out of the second story window and down towards any bandits waiting on the ground? Banjo and Roark would both wait, holding to see how the bandits responded.

Roark:

Banjo's Clone:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime7th June 2021, 5:55 pm

The smoke bombs would've been troublesome against anyone else but Kirai had a unique advantage they knew nothing about. Her body crouched low to the ground and she activated her Sparking Shuriken twice more, forming eight shuriken in her hands. Four of them were connected to normal wire, the other four were connected via Thunder Wire and then she jumped and spun in a circle as the two groups closed in. All of the shuriken disappeared from vision, the thunder wire set being launched straight into the ground and forming trip-wires for the first group to trip over, hopefully sending them sprawling to the ground.

The shuriken connected to the real wire was launched out at the second group, snapping out to form a large net alongside twenty feet of her standard wire, all of it invisible to the normal eye. If it struck the Bandits would find themselves wrapped up in the net as the building burned to the ground. Kirai landed and grabbed the woman, pulling her up and into her arms as best she could before barreling out of the building and into the fresh air. She'd need to locate the archers and take them down, hopefully Roark was able to get out before the building burned down but he seemed like.... Well not a reliable sort but definitely one that would look after his own ass.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime8th June 2021, 2:19 pm

With the bandits able to see through the smoke, they were able to see the position that everyone in the room held. It was good to see that the old man was still around but the other two weren’t so lucky as it looked like their heads were smashed in, but the same could be said for the others that died downstairs. They were a bit surprised, however, when the ape at the window just jumped down but that was neither here of there for them as their current objective was right before them, that was until of bottom floor of the house began completely engulfed in flames. “Facking hell! They’re trying to kill us too?” The second bandit said before looking to head back outside the window and would then look to run in the opposite direction of the others so he wouldn’t get caught. The one, who was left, however, would throw a bomb at Banjo’s feet looking to send him, the chest, and the unconscious old man to a fiery death before jumping down as well.

The two the clone descended on decided it wasn’t worth the trouble now seeing as the house was up in smoke so they dropped their bows and decided to run away from the scene, if the clone wanted to chase he could but would it be worth it?

Kirai had successfully slaughtered the bandits and was successful in exiting the building but the archers had already booked up leaving behind their weapons and a carriage. The woman would grab her by the hand forcibly pulling her in the direction of the carriage which held a large amount of xel and other items that were taken from the villagers. “Umm, thank you for saving me and scaring all those bandits away. None of them are around anymore and you practically murdered half their group. It’s a shame about the house though but with this here we’ve probably recovered most of what was taken from us so thank you.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime8th June 2021, 4:24 pm

Banjo, squinting through the haze of the smoke in the room would see the shape of the man move, reaching for something and honestly, that would be enough. He was a giant ape who beat things to death and flung poop, he wasn't known for his patience. As the bandit went to toss the bomb, Banjo would lunge forward, spinning savagely and aim to crash into the bandit, throwing both he and Banjo out the window. As it happened, if things went according to the Blango's plan, he would pass just over the chest Roark was currently resting in. So too, would the bomb, just in the opposite direction. Roark would immediately transform back into his humanoid form, grabbing the chest by the handle and jumping towards the shattered window/wall just as the bomb would explode behind him. You forgot me, you idjit! Roark yelled on the way down, trying to brace himself and roll. Flying out of a window wasn't overly dangerous at this height, but he wasn't looking to roll an ankle either.

Standing up from his roll, Roark would dust himself off, taking in the surroundings to find most of the bandits were now turning tail and fleeing. Roark checked to see if the bandit Banjo had crashed into was still breathing. If he was, he'd tell Banjo to bring him with them and rendezvous with Kirai. If he wasn't...well...the buzzards would pick up after them. Other Banj, grab the chest and follow me. Roark instructed to the clone, who sat watching the bandits hightail it out of there. The clone looked to Banjo who grunted in approval, before shrugging and throwing the closed chest over its shoulder, following Roark on threes rather than all fours. Ooooh boy, that was summ'tn, ain't it? They give ya much trouble? Roark asked as the three approached Kirai and the woman.

Banjo:

Roark:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime9th June 2021, 12:15 pm

For a few long moments Kirai thought about hunting down the fleeing bandits, her blood was still up and the adrenaline was coursing through her veins but the woman took her hand and started to pull her, bringing her back to the present. Kirai stopped and let out a breath, allowing herself to get pulled along. She let her techniques drop and felt the exhaustion hitting her, it was a lot of fighting she had done. "Yeah... I'm sorry about the house... I did my best." She muttered, chewing on her lip before spinning around as others drew closer.

The electrical outline of the monkey though set her at ease and she raised a hand, waving towards Roark and Banjo and also Banjo 2. "Nothing I couldn't handle, I heard some shouting and whistling from upstairs... Then again considering you've got a big chest and aren't limping seems like it went fine upstairs too." She paused and nodded her head towards the woman. "Found her chained up under the house, might want to give her the chest back and then we can head home." She said with a smile to the woman before sitting down on the ground. There were probably a few last things to go over but it seemed like the mission was over and it was time to relax.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime9th June 2021, 12:42 pm

Don’t worry about it! You did your best and I am grateful.” She said with a smile being happy to be even being alive after the ordeal she had gone through. While they were busy discussing what they had been up to a group of men would approach them while two made their way to Roark before taking the chest off him. “Saw a couple of bandits running away I’m assuming that was your doings. I thank ya.” The man said before opening the chest and handing Roark the two rubies and handing Kirai the two sapphires. After giving Kirai a hug she would hop in the back of the carriage and the group of men would attach the horse they had with them before going off into the sunset.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]   Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of the Wreckage [B-rank Mission]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next