Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xi

Xi

No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Empty
PostSubject: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime25th September 2020, 9:26 pm

With the exams finally done and dusted, Diana was back home at last. She had somehow managed to scrape through and earn a promotion which was great and all but having heard of Praise’s exploits in the exams she couldn’t help but feel a tad bit jealous of her. She wasn’t sure why she felt this way to be honest since she spent most of her days sulking in her room while Praise was hard at work. Maybe it was cause she knew that she had the potential to be as great as Praise was and was feeling disgusted with herself for wasting time and not putting the work in. “Well, at least I got a promotion so it worked out for the best in the end.” Diana muttered to herself before hopping out of bed and heading out her room with her katana in hand. She wanted to talk about the way forward with Vivaan considering her new promotion would end up causing some complications with how they’d be working together but he had told her prior that he’d be working on a few things back at his place, wherever that was, and wanted to be left alone for a few days. Letting out a sigh, she’d make her way to the back of the house where she’d kneel down under a tree and began meditating. She had decided that the time for slacking off was over and now she needed to put in some actual work to catch up with Praise.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime25th September 2020, 10:32 pm

"You grew up so fast. All it took was an exams ha who knew." Zhao said with a laugh probably startling Diana out of her meditation though that was the point what was meditation going to do to improve he skills they weren't monks. "So are actually going to start trying now? Or is it back to slacking because you know I was going to reward you with some info but I think if you aren't serious I'll just go on a date instead." he said teasing his young charge as he didn't really intend on going to the date with that Dokusei chick as she seemed a bit clingy. Still he was interested to see whether or not she would actually buck up and refine her prodigious talent. He had learned early on that he couldn't force her to do anything but fortunately her not wanting to be left behind by her little "not" girlfriend was actually serving to motivate her to improve.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime25th September 2020, 11:07 pm

A frown would appear on her face the moment she recognized a familiar voice. “I was trying to clear my mind of doubts and distractions before I started practicing but the biggest distraction came put and stop to it.” She said with a sigh as she got up from her position, she wasn’t at a level where she could block him out as yet so instead of trying and failing might as well acknowledge his presence. “Well, being a part of exams exposed me to a lot of ridiculously strong and interesting people. Thankfully I was paired up with one of them so it was smooth sailing for me but I can honestly say if I had trained I would’ve done a lot better than I did so I’ve decided to take this swordswoman thing seriously. I don’t want to be left behind when we all go our separate ways. So I’d appreciate it if you trained me again but this time I want it to be more advanced than those kiddy lessons you used to give me.” Though she did understand the point of performing a thousand reps with her katana it was boring, to say the least, and wanted to learn actual techniques this time around considering she already knew everything from that old scroll her gave her a awhile back.

Info? What kind of info?” Diana said genuinely confused as to why he’d think she wanted info from him. But now she was curious as to what kind of information he was holding on to. “Hmm. You’ve piqued my interest. Care to tell me what kind of info you have?

Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime26th September 2020, 12:00 am

"So you still haven't realized it yet huh, meh I guess I'll just tell you. Your lineage doesn't hail from the Erlang Clan, your mother only got with an Erlang because of those eyes of yours would improve your kenjutsu. This is because you hail from the Isley Family, the greatest swordmen in the shinobi world. But it's understandable the republic is a place that keeps a lid on what it fears." he said deliberately leaving it like that before tossing a sheathed Denki Tanto at Diana.

"Your clan sent this for you granted you could of had two of them if you managed to master your Riadengan at genin but better late than ever heh. So what do you want to improve first your swordplay or your footwork." he said while drawing a blade of his own it was a shoddy thing but the way he held it was in a stance she didn't quite recognize and the look in his eyes was actually serious so perhaps she would be in for a treat.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime26th September 2020, 10:29 am

Huh?” This was a bit too much information to process all at once. She had never heard of this Isley Family thing before so why was he explaining things so casually? Then again this was Zhao so maybe having him explain something that basically destroyed the reality she currently lived in but did also answer a lot of unanswered questions and feelings she had towards the Erlang Clan.

Wait, wait. You aren’t just gonna say something like that and just move on like it was nothing. What are you talking about? What is an Isley and why is this the first time I’m ever hearing about this or even them? Am I the only one? If it’s a family where do I even rank among them? Do they even know I exist? Where are they? What the hell is going on?” She wasn’t going to let him just brush this aside like it was nothing she wanted real answers and not just some basic explanation of everything, this was her life after all.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime26th September 2020, 1:19 pm

"Sorry kiddo if you want more info you gotta work for it. But I will say that you are the only member of your family in the Republic, as to where the Isley come from well let's spar and maybe you'll be able to find out." he said spinning the shoddy nodachi around a bit before pointing it forward having chosen not to use his actual samurai sword. It'd be easier to spar this way especially since he was going to be showing off a bit no need to dishearten her he just wanted to see her master what she could already do in the heat of battle and maybe he'll toss her another scroll to see if she could pick up some new stuff.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime28th September 2020, 4:02 pm

She stood there for a few seconds completely taken aback. Sure she understood he wanted her to show off what she knew but this was her life they were talking about. Surely, this whole training session could take the backseat for a while. Letting out a sigh, she would grab both her weapons before taking her stance. She wanted to summon Vivaan to make this easier but decided not to since it would probably be best to handle this by herself. “Cool, here I come.” Diana would run towards Zhao at C rank+ speeds, creating a few after images in her wake hoping to confuse him. Once she was close to him she would attempt to slash him in his mid-section. Normally she wouldn’t look to harm anyone when she was sparring with them but this time she was most definitely looking to hurt him.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime28th September 2020, 11:04 pm

Zhao would chuckle as he saw the frustration in in facial expression and knew she would be trying to actually hurt him. So rather than try to guess who was the original Diana and would draw his nagamaki while channeling chakra through it and launching himself forward in a spin. He timed it so that he would have coverage to shatter the afterimages Diana left as well as force her to clash strikes otherwise both of then would end up trading blows.  Though it was far more likely for her to get hit first and considering he was aiming for her arm she might end up dropping her sword. "The thing about the republic is that when everything went to shit the people from different places sort of trickled into it's borders. Your mother was one of them though it was only after she got pregnant with you." he continued his voice somewhat low so Diana would have to be quiet in order to hear him.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime4th October 2020, 4:37 pm

Diana would calm down a bit having heard a bit more information. Although she had heard stories here and there, in truth she knew nothing about the war that had happened a few years ago though she could understand that there would be a surge of refugees but to think that her mother could’ve been from somewhere else but just having that thought made it painfully obvious. “Couldn’t have tried to make it easy huh?” Diana said with a frown before coming to a halt and began spinning like a top on spot. The moment her sword and his nagamaki came into contact a clanking sound would be heard and the clash of blades would cause a vibration to travel up his weapon. That wasn’t all that happened, however, as the clash would cause Diana to teeter up and over Zhao landing behind him before swinging at his back

Spoiler:

Last edited by Xi on 5th October 2020, 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime4th October 2020, 9:04 pm

"Afraid not. Either way I brought this up because there is going to come a time that you'll have to male a choice Diana." Zhao said as he was encircled with Diana's strike hitting him yet he would fade away revealing that he had made use of Shunpo: Body Replacement. He would be about 15 feet away from where he was previously with a single hand on his blade while the other had two fingers upright. "On whether you want to embrace your heritage or stay loyal to the shinobi." he said while whipping his hand out at B-rank speeds with the Blade of Wind he had formed lashing out at Diana. Due to it being such a deadly attack he was aiming merely to deal a flesh wound should she not be able to dodge it. But he wanted to show her that sometimes there were dangers that she wouldn't be able to see, it was symbolic of her place within the Republic as there were forces who would see her bound to the village. Personally he felt that she should always be free to make her own choices as that was what her mother would have wanted.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime5th October 2020, 10:11 pm

"Tsk, of course" Diana muttered to herself have cut through the afterimage he had left in his place. She was confused as to why he suggested that she would have to make a choice when the time came. Was something going to happen? Or would she be the reason that something will happen in the future? Either way, she wasn't sure what he was going on about but there was no need for her to think about such a thing right now. "Going off what you've told me it seems as if my mother was either from the Shogunate or Pandora and the way you're acting it makes me believe it was Pandora. Fitting really, after all these years of me struggling with an unknown internal feeling this is what it was. Thank you for keeping this from me even though you knew what I was going through." Drawing her Wakizashi, Diana would stumble quickly launching herself forward in an attempt to challenge the man's attack. Like before she would also add Eclipse Whirlwind to the mix to ensure her radius of attack would be big enough to make him rethink his approach.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime5th October 2020, 11:20 pm

"I'm not sorry for keeping you safe as it is you are too weak to survive in whatever remains of Pandora. Especially when you seemed to have no motivation to improve yourself." Zhao said actually quite serious for once as the lands which formerly were apart of the Pandora Empire might be wild and untamed but in addition to the wild creatures who had reclaimed their territory there were also hundreds of thousands of mindless undead whose number had risen unchecked simce the fall of the empire. One had to have a specific sort of power to try and make a life outside of the Republics walls and Diana didn't have what it took, but now she at least had some drive to get to that point. He would utilize his wind blade to clash against her drill attack and before he could overpower her she had switched into a follow up techniques forcing him to parry utilize his Blade of Wind to parry that away. If she hadn't utilized lightning chakra to coat her blades and lacked displacement aura to weaken his attack he probably would of cut them straight through however the combination of her displacement aura backed kenjutsu with the chakra flow ensured that his technique wouldn't just ruin her blades.

He would shift his stance a bit before drawing his magamaki with his free hand to launch a strike of disgrace at Diana using his other hand to direct his blade of wind to swipe at the direction she attempted to dodge to or an opening if she tried to clash weapons again. He was looking forward to seeing how she would deal with this especially since his wind nature was capable of overpowering her lightning.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime24th October 2020, 11:43 pm

Though his words had hurt her, he did speak the truth. She had witnessed firsthand how far weak she was compared to the other contestants in The Chunin Exams and she did agree that she needed to become stronger not just because of what she had learned but because she didn’t want to be left behind. She was in fact grateful for all the protection he had granted her but she firmly believed that he should’ve let her know sooner. Forming the appropriate seals, Diana had planted both her feet down on the ground as firmly as possible and would begin spinning like a top to intercept his oncoming attack. While she was spinning, she would discharge a bolt of electricity in an attempt to deter him from getting closer to her as if he did he would be met with the shock of his life.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime30th October 2020, 4:42 pm

Zhao would back off after their clash not wanting to get close to her however the bolt of lightning would cause him to use Shunpo to get away before holding up a hand. "That's enough for now let's talk a bit. How far have you unlocked in your Raidengan is it at full strength yet or is it not yet at stage three?" he said waiting for an answer before continuing to talk to him. "The reason I'm asking is because of something your ancestor once had that you'll eventually need to reclaim and it's important for you to progress your dojutsu so as to capitalize on that." he said though he wouldn't reveal what it was exactly as she was not yet powerful enough to achieve it. "Though I hace to say it would be best for you to go fot the Joukai Rather than the Mashin I don't think you'd be able to kill that girlfriend of yours even on your best day. Not that you should would be a waste."
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime1st November 2020, 9:28 am

A bit pleased that she was able to hold her own, she would sheathe her sword and made her way towards him. “I’m at stage two right now. To be honest I hardly use the Raidengan unless I’m in a situation where it’s unavoidable like that one fight where that Toketsu chick used her snow thing to block my sight.” Recalling that fight Diana had an irrational dislike for that girl and she didn’t even know her like that. It was weird. “Something that they had? What’s that? Or am I too weak to know that information?” She said sarcastically knowing he wouldn’t tell her either way. In truth, she didn’t know too much about the Raidengan and its many forms because she really didn’t care about all of it. She just knew they gave her access to different types of lightning, which one did which though she had no clue. “I mean I’d never want to hurt Praise at all so that’s out of the question and thanks for the vote of confidence, it means a lot to me.” She said not really wanting to discuss if she was able to kill Praise but she’d think he’d at least try to not make it sound like she’d get steamrolled if she tried to fight her.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime8th November 2020, 11:37 am

"Now you are getting it. Anyways, you need to learn more lightning techniques, so you can fully evolve your Raidengan. After that all you need to do is find some missing-nin with fully evolved Mashin Raidengan and pluck them out, squeeze the fluids into your eyes and you'll evolve your dojutsu no problem. By the way it is just as gross as it sounds, sucks but that's just the way it is." Zhao said before sitting on the ground while contemplating whether or not he should say something. "Do you have any idea how you'll be able to pull that off or will I have to arrange something for you since I'm assuming learning more Lightning release techniques shouldn't be that difficult for you to accomplish now that you've been promoted." he said knowing that now she could access higher levels of the village library which would only serve to bolster her technique pool.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime8th November 2020, 3:21 pm

Yeah, should have figured he wasn’t going to tell me. Diana thought to herself as he completely sidestepped the question, which she didn’t care that much in truth as the most important thing was for her to get stronger than she was now so she could hold her own and not be dependent on anyone. “I’m fine with lightning techniques to be fair, the Denkou have a crap ton of useful techniques so I might just pay them a visit and learn a couple of them. Right now my only focus is to perfect my Kenjutsu and practice a couple I came up with by mixing a few stances I got from the scroll you gave me.” She said excitedly as she couldn’t wait to show him what she had come up with. She didn’t really care about the Raidengan if she was completely honest but if there was a way for her to get stronger then she’d do it even if she had to digest the eyes raw. “Hm, that’s interesting. So now I have to add finding a missing ninja to my list of things to do.” She said with a sigh as she had so much other stuff to do.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime8th November 2020, 4:27 pm

"Oh you've tried your hand at hybridizing the styles huh interesting that's good perhaps you could show me some of the kata you've come up with so far then. Oh speaking of which hows Vivaan. Haven't seen him in a while did you manage to come up with any more combinations between the two of you? he said knowing that the two of them had worked together in the exams but that was a while ago. Hopefully her summon had been working hard otherwise he might just end up getting left behind. Then again he had heard rumors of familiars growing more powerful as their summoners did so perhaps that was the case here.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime8th November 2020, 11:44 pm

Nah I won’t show you. It isn’t perfect yet that and I want it to be a surprise for the next time we spar so you can be amazed and praise me for my ingenuity!” She said with a smirk as it was her turn to withhold information from him, let’s see how he likes that. “Vivaan? He said he off to do some training thing so he’ll be away for a bit. We have a couple of combinations yes but after he gets back I plan on making a couple more but honestly the way our affinities mesh together we don’t even need to come up with combination techniques, things just happen. He was a big reason why I even made it that far into the exams.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime10th November 2020, 10:54 am

Zhao would smirk as he recognized what she was doing but he wasn't upset by it as turn about was fair play. Though it did remind him to inquire about her equipment especially if she was blending styles. "Have you thought about procuring more blades after all a katana isn't exactly the best weapon for each kenjutsu style and sometimes it is better to have different weapons for your various styles at least until you have made your perfected one and have a matching weapon for it. he said knowing that funds on her end were tight but sometimes it was better to get cheap weapons and rely on your swordsmanship to bridge the difference than waiting to get fancy ones.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime11th November 2020, 9:53 pm

Well, once I do learn all of the styles I have planned and then melding them into one big style I was thinking about getting a Dotanuki since it will complement every still well. But not just a regular Dotanuki, one that it is made of Denki and probably some other materials to give me an edge. Sadly I’m positive it’ll cost me an arm and a leg. But with the new promotion and salary increase, I should be able to get it in about six months or so.” Now that she said it out loud it did sound a bit far off but she was determined to save as much as she could and go on as many missions as possible to have the money needed to make her dream sword a reality.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime13th November 2020, 12:13 am

Zhao nodded in agreement it wasn't that long of a tome frame as them heading to the remnants of Pandora didn't really have a time limit. It was important for Diana to built up as much strength as she could before they left as there wasn't anywhere safe for them to stop at. At least until they found whatever remained of her family though that really depended on if they actually felt she was apart of them which tied back into her needing to get stronger. "How is that new promotion going anyways did you make any new friends or acquaintances? Zhao asked just to make small talk while he thought about whether or not he should provide her with something a bit earlier than planned.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime13th November 2020, 4:38 pm

Nah, being probationary Tokubetsu Jonin is a pain, to be honest. I have to do a ton of missions before they officially recognize me as a Tokubetsu Jonin, dunno why they didn’t just make me the damn thing if they thought I was worthy enough. Besides, I hardly see Praise and I'm not really the social type to be making new friends.” Diana said a bit bitter about all the running around she had to do but at least it would give her some in the field experience for the time being although it was hard to come by solo high-level missions that she could manage herself but that was what training was for. That and she could exactly tell him that she was in the ANBU since the tattoo prevented her from doing so. “Say. What was Pandora like?” She found herself asking a bit curious about the place. From what she had read it was believed to be a place infested with all sorts of creatures and monsters and if that was exactly how it was why would she want to back to that?
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime14th November 2020, 3:17 pm

"Ah gotcha that sucks. Hopefully you finish the missions quickly. Zhao said before really thinking about the question that Diana asked him before deciding to answer. "It was chaotic yet free. The structure was a lot less rigid in comparison to the Republic and you could do anything you wanted so long as you jad the strength to back it up. But it is very factional over there so if you were with a particular group you sort of inherit their enemies and allies but it is easy to break out of the mold that other set for you." he said as honestly as possible as while Pandora was considered evil by many in the world it was simply because they didn't restrain their desires.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime14th November 2020, 9:16 pm

So if you were weak you were picked on and if you were powerful enough you were able to do whatever you wanted? So the books were right, Pandora was a bit of the wild west which was probably why he had urged her to get stronger for her own safety should she decide to find out more about her heritage. But truth be told she liked it here. Sure it wasn’t truly her home but she lived a life of peace and had a girlfriend she cared about and a friend she wanted the best for so surely uprooting everything she had here just to chase some fantasy made no sense. “I see. I never did thank you for all you’ve done. It must have been hard for you to be away from your actual family just to babysit me. I owe you one and I will repay my debt to you. You have my word.” She said before slightly bowing to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]    No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Rest for the Wicked [Dual Training]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next