Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Seran

Seran

Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Empty
PostSubject: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime10th April 2014, 10:15 pm

Roxas had been walking the grounds and attempting to avoid the chaos that was going on. Things seemed to be calming down a bit but his main focus was on finding Mariah. It took awhile but eventually he saw a familiar sight through a window. Mariah was in the library, at least he thought. He was pretty sure no other young females were around that were sort of floating off the ground. Roxas looked around at some of the destruction and sighed before smashing the window and jumping into the room. "Mariah?"
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime10th April 2014, 10:20 pm

The young Kunoichi looked up from her study of the corpse on the ground in front of her. Her deep red eyes were sad as she looked at the body but upon hearing her name she looked up to Roxas. "I can't touch things Roxas, it's not fair... Could you do a favour for me?" She whispered softly, her voice was sad, a tremble in it as she floated her foot through the corpse. "Could you grab this kunoichi's headband for me? I'll... Put it somewhere and return it to Kaos when I need to. She was attacking one of the Shogunate kunoichi and I killed her Roxas... Can we go home?" Her body shook gently and she looked down once more, her hair falling over her face as she just floated there, toes pointed down at the floor now. "Let's.... Just... Go home, okay Roxas?" She murmured, gently floating past the other hybrid and out of the window, moving down to ground level and floating onwards.
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime10th April 2014, 10:30 pm

Roxas frowned as she spoke. It seemed she was beginning to learn things the hard way like him. At least she wasn't being forced to kill people over and over again. With a sigh he walked over and knelt beside her. "Things are bad, real bad. I doubt we will get the chance to peacefully return the headband to Kaos. But there are other Kaos shinobi here. For now, we will have to leave it. I'm sure they'll find it," he would say before standing and looking around. "The Shogun's men should be amassing soon as well. So we should head for the docks immediately, understand?" he asked, looking at her with a slight frown.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime10th April 2014, 10:42 pm

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea actually... I want to get home, get some sleep." She smiled brightly to Roxas although it was obvious that the smile was strenuous and it wasn't too healthy. "So then Roxas, what are your plans for this... Well I guess I should say it, what are your plans for the war? There's no disputing that this is a war." She laughed mirthlessly and flicked her hair out of her face, stealthily wiping the tears off of her face that had leaked out earlier. Nevertheless this was going to be simple, just a little walk back home, well float, and everything would be well. She'd be glad to see those flying islands again, heh.
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime10th April 2014, 10:57 pm

Roxas looked up at the smokey sky when she asked her question as he exited the window. "I don't know yet to be honest. Right now I just want to get home and think things over. People are choosing sides left and right, but to be honest we don't know anything. Most of us are kids. We don't know big pictures. We just see whats in front of us... But during my time here I have learned a lot and so that's why I'm in no hurry to make a decision on something I have no clue to," he would say before looking back at her. "When I get back though I need to find my cousin Jasmine, and hopefully my Uroktor, Christie, will be there."
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 11:08 am

"Maybe there isn't really a bigger picture than what we already see? Maybe the Villages have just decided they've had enough of the Shogunate..." She sighed loudly and rubbed the heel of her hand into her eye, sniffling once more before shaking her head and clenching her eyes shut. She let out a breath and then removed the hat that was sitting atop her head. She wrung it between her hands, looking over it for a few seconds before putting it back on her head and sitting it correctly. "I only have my mama, my daddy will be heading back to Hakagakure, he always was a shinobi there first and foremost. You should come visit me sometime up near the Juryoku compound, it's a nice little place." She smiled to Roxas and hovered along beside him, scanning her eyes around and taking in all of the sights that she could, she was doingh er best to hide her sadness but it wasn't easy, there was a lot going wrong and she only wish she could do more...
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 12:20 pm

"Sure, I'll visit. We are classmates after all. Heh." Roxas smiled at her and then looked at her motions. He knew how hard things could be for her, which prompted an idea. "Yoroi utilize Energy Techs to deal physical damage without contact. Yah know? Perhaps you could develop your own special Energy Tech formula to touch the physical realm. Like, my Dead Mode. We can use it as an example even though it's not an Energy Tech. When I enter this state I am capable of touching the untouchable. If we break down its base form we could probably reverse the effect. Making the untouchable, touchable. Get me?" he said as he pulled out his pack of cigarettes and lit one with his single hand. He was becoming more accustomed to not having a left arm, but it was still annoying at times.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 12:41 pm

Roxas could obviously read her pretty well and Mariah wasn't sure if she liked that but maybe it was good that there was someone who not only knew what she was thinking but actually cared. What he was talking about though Mariah only had a slight idea. "Well you do know that I can't actually use Energy Tech? I know I'm a hybrid... But no part of me is capable of utilising Energy Tech even though it's an awesome technique style and would probably help rather a lot if I could use it..." She laughed quietly, for once a little bit of mirth slipping into it. "I could try and do something with my Soul Tech though?" She raised an eyebrow and floated around in a backflip, she could fly after all, there was no bother to her doing silly tricks like this, in fact she done them rather a lot when she was alone. "Being able to touch though... I don't know if I'd like that, well I would, I know that but... It'd be weird, it'd be new and I'm not always too great with new things..."
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 1:30 pm

Roxas cupped his chin as he thought of the possibilities. It would be very difficult, extremely so. But maybe there was a chance. He'd need to give it more thought. "To be able to touch can often be a bad thing. As your more open to pain. But it is also good as you can be open to more joy in things. Ya know?" he said as he looked out toward the sea. They'd be at the port soon enough, and then they'd be home. It had been too long since they were last home.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 3:52 pm

"I can feel pain, but not from physical sources and even if I had a chakra coating... Well I don't know if I'd actually be able to feel pain through it, unless I wire it into my nervous system. I don't know, maybe it could work and definitely it would be good if I could touch things. Then I could hug people... I've only ever had hugs from my dad, he's a Prime so yeah, I could actually touch him." She laughed softly and then floated straight through Roxas, appearing on his other side before rotating around and floating along upside down, holding her dress and hat in place so they wouldn't fall down or off respectively.
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 4:04 pm

Roxas laughed a bit and then tossed his cigarette down to the ground, putting it out with a good stomp. "Well, yoroi could touch you for a bit but I'm not sure about the adverse effects. They could possibly harm your mental state because of Dead Mode. Allows us to touch tangibles but we can seriously screw over a person's mental state with it," he'd say as he studied her. Intangibility was a difficult thing to track and she wasn't the only one in that case. Maybe he should think up a counter strategy in case he has to fight any inkan or the Prime of the Shogunates men.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 4:18 pm

On her own present circumstances, Mariah started to giggle and removed her hat from her head once more, hair falling down to slide through the ground without getting dirty in the slightest. "You know, being intangible is odd. I have special clothing and everything because I can't actually wear normal clothes. So yeah... I'm kinda glad for materials like that honestly or else I'd have to float around naked." She started to giggle at that, covering her mouth and rotating around to the right way up. She then brushed her hair out of her face and put her hat back on her head to keep her hair in place. "Well it wouldn't hurt me unless you actually hit me, right? If you touched me it wouldn't hurt because you're not actually attacking... You could try it if you wanted to Roxas, I'm always up for it and if you just tap me then even if it does damage me... It wouldn't be enough to last, yeah?"
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 4:24 pm

Roxas rubbed the back of his head at her suggestion. It was plausible, though he had never heard of it being done. After a moment of silence from thinking he replied, [/color]"Well, possibly. An experiment would be good but now isn't the right time to test out that theory. It'd be best to wait till we are in a safe zone away from the madness going on in case there are any adverse effects from it."[/color] Clothes that intangibles could wear... He had never given it much thought, but the process as to which it is done could be an answer to their question on how to give the untouchable the ability to touch.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 4:44 pm

"That's probably a much better idea honestly, I never really thought about what was going on around us. Thankfully this place seems kinda peaceful, maybe we got away before the others started moving. Heh, lucky for us then that we don't have to deal with everyone else. I don't think I could handle the others honestly, they're all about picking sides straight away... I mean I helped the Shogunate but that's because that's what I know... It just seemed the most obvious choice. I don't really know what I want to do though." She frowned and floated through the ground, appearing in front of Roxas and floating backwards in front of him so she could watch his face. "I wish I was as good as you, you know that? You passed your Chunin Exams flawlessly, I failed... One of my team died, one ran away and I can't fight three v one, it's just not fair." She pouted, somewhat cutely if one bothered noticing (or at least Mariah thought so) and then crossed her arms over her chest.
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 4:52 pm

Roxas sighed as she brought up the chuunin exam. "People think the chuunin exam is all about power. They are wrong. I learned this the hard way. Not every match can be won by force. Strategy is needed. In round one, we could fight or partner up. Most did the sensible thing and partnered up. The second round they lost the reasoning. They fought straight out, or I was just lucky to have people that would rather conserve energy and think up an easier way to settle their differences. Almost like a treaty in a way. Then the third stage was about the fighting. A fight you couldn't turn away from. While the fourth was about conservation and strategy. Those that showed strategic planning passed. Those that got through on just brute strength did not. I may have passed flawlessly but I was one of the weakest to pass in terms of pure combat ability," he said as he looked down at his feet. It was a saddening thought but it was true. If this exam had been any different then he may have failed. He then looked back at her with a stern look. "I'm not sure what happened to the Mikaboshi in my team. He was hotheaded and made it to round 3 but I did not see his match. My other teammate made it to round four. He was levelheaded. However, he misjudged himself in the first round from what I understood and over exhausted himself. He knew he might be able to win the first match but the follow ups he might not. So he smartly forfeited instead of embarrassing himself."
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 4:57 pm

Mariah furrowed her eyebrows and floated further away, setting a larger distance between her and Roxas. "Hey, don't get mad at me, I never said that I wanted to be as powerful as you. I knew that the Exams weren't all about power but I couldn't partner up in the first round and in the second my team was disorganised, and one of the enemies straight out killed one of my team members. I said that I wanted to be as good as you, not as powerful..." She sighed quietly and shook her head before turning and floating onwards, eyes on the floor and hair fluttering around behind her. Roxas was a lot colder than he initially let on and such things really bothered her when people changed this quickly, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to bring up things like that...
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 5:03 pm

Roxas sighed and rubbed the back of his head. She had misinterpreted him completely, though who could blame her? Roxas wasn't very good at socializing. He could give orders and such easily, but talking in a person to person way was way beyond him. He bit his lip for a moment as he thought carefully of what to say. "I'm not angry or anything. Sorry if it seemed that way. I was just explaining what I gathered from the exam. And I was just saying that I'm not really strong. I use what I have when I can. But that's just one aspect of being a shinobi. I hope you do get stronger, but... I just hope you don't have to take the path I had. Heh, I'm sure one day you'll be strong enough to nuke the hell out of entire forces. Won't matter if your outnumbered or what. With your potential you'll have Kage potential," said Roxas, hoping he had amended for his earlier speech.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 5:08 pm

"I don't even know if that's what I want to do anymore. I want to get stronger, I want to be the strongest kunoichi that I can be but... I don't know if killing is the way to go anymore. I saw Akuchi Tamanegi die with... No effort at all, I killed with the same level of effort and it just doesn't feel right. Seeing a corpse lying on the ground is painful, it hurts to know that some evil, cruel act left them like that, just... Lying there, no hope anymore as the blood leaves their body, as their soul escapes into whatever great... Eh... Eth.... Thing is beyond. I think I may work towards being a Medical Kunoichi, that would be kinda cool... Heh..." She laughed and then moved back beside Roxas. "Sorry for snapping at you, I just thought you were angry at me for asking about it. I'll be sure to leave that subject from now on, it's not something you wanna talk about honestly..." She then looked up and around. "Besides, are we almost at the port?"
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 5:19 pm

"A Medical Kunoichi would be a great asset to the village. And to me. I've been trying to experiment lately with a series of mine. My next step in it is a large one, but if my calculations are right it will be incredibly damaging to myself," he said as he was thinking of his afterstrike series. "And yeah, the ports real close by. It'll be good to get home," said Roxas as he suddenly began to run to hurry and catch the next ferry off of the continent. He'd finally get to go home and be in the sky once more.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 5:22 pm

After Roxas ran off Mariah stopped for a second, floating there. She then turned and looked back, noticing black flame and explosions ripping through the Academy. She sighed and shook her head before looking back at the port and then flying forwards, increasing her speed to catch up to Roxas before flying along beside him. Everything was well now and it was time to head home where she could see her mama again and by Kami above Mariah couldn't wait for that to happen.

[Exeunt]
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime11th April 2014, 5:32 pm

Approved because Tet's a slut
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)   Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey Home (Shi Travel Topic?)
Page 1 of 1