Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Seran

Seran

The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime18th August 2018, 7:22 pm

Again with the projectiles? Seran had already shown his skill in dodging them and he had witnessed the defensive technique that Qeynan used when he was attacked by Praise. He was just barely outside its range and was far enough away to see the blades coming. But he still needed an attack plan. Without gates he couldn't perform the exquisite power that Praise showed and he didn't have a special weapon like Qeynan. There were a few ways he could go about this, but how would he do it without dealing a serious blow to Qeynan? There was one way, but would it work? He didn't have time to contemplate his strategies as the blades were already upon him. He repeated his previous trick, using his reaction tiers to narrowly dodge under the blades while popping down another smoke bomb. However, this time instead of waiting, under the guise of the smoke bomb he began making a set of hand seals. He would pop out of the smoke bomb just as he finished the final seal and, if this worked, he would disappear along with Praise from Qeynan's sight, a blanket of mental fog would cover Qeynan's eyes and mind, temporarily blocking the memory of Praise and Seran even being there as it formulated a picture of the surroundings without them in it. If this worked, Seran would use this moment of confusion to cross the distance at bullet release speeds, hoping to get to Qeynan's right side where Praise's copied arm would be holding a kunai up to his neck while Seran's hands were waiting in a drawing position with his Eku at his side. If he managed to pull this little trick off he would cancel the hold on the mental connection with Qeynan to reveal himself. However, in the off chance he felt his connection break prematurely, he would halt his movement and charge away from Qeynan to put distance between them once again.

Learned and Used:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st August 2018, 3:23 pm

Praise would just look at the two before pulling out a scroll and proceeding to multi-task between glancing at the two of them to see what they were doing and going back to trying to understand exactly why a brush stroke went somewhere on this storage scroll. It was a mixture of memorization and understanding if not for her natural talent when it came to seals and her constant practice it was unlikely that she would even be able to pull it off in the first place. She was a bit more invested in studying her seals than she was the fight and thus would probably miss any subtle things that one of her teammates did but she figured that it wasn't important for now. She kind of got how they fought, they were far more sneaky than herself as she was at this time really honest with how she fought. Her teammates on the other hand were manipulators whether of objects or of the mind but they were manipulators all the same.

Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st August 2018, 3:44 pm

He is much too predictable. We'll need to change that at some point, I don't want that to wind up being the death of us... Qeynan thought with a slight tone of disappointment as the male dropped a smoke bomb to occlude himself once more. But as he drew his blades back something...unexpected happened. The male completed hand seals and Qeynan felt a tugging at his mind before Seran and Praise disappeared. Qeynan was lucky in that he belonged to a samurai style that possessed enhanced mental fortitude as well as an impeccable mental sensory. He was alerted immediately to the Fabrication placed upon him and he focused his sensory intensely, picking up on Seran's brainwaves as he moved close. Qeynan ripped his hand down and all six of his blades rocketed down at his teammate drew near, a chuckle rising from Qeynan's throat "Impressive! But both of my teammates have Dakar heritage, did you think I wouldn't have ways to fight Fabrication?"

Learned and Used:
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st August 2018, 5:25 pm

Seran laughed as somehow Qeynan managed to even remember where he was, though it didnt feel like the connection was broken. And though Qeynan wasn't looking exactly at him he still managed to know where to strike his blades. "Well that makes it more interesting, somewhat," he would say as he stopped his advance and danced in between the blades utilizing, reacting to them like before. "Hmm. You're immune to my fab and your blades can't touch me," stated Seran as he tried thinking up a plan, ready to dance with the blades at a moments notice if Qeynan decided to keep attacking. There were still some techniques he wanted to try out. Currently he had merely been seeing how well his mental attacks would fare in an actual battle. He was a bit disappointed though as the only real tell was when he altered Praise's attack path.

But to be honest he was simply using minor tricks and though they had these amazing skills, he still managed to pull one over on one and then just outright avoid the other. He wasn't very happy with this outcome, though it didn't show on his smiling face. Seran looked like he was genuinely enjoying himself. However, it was about time to put this little game to an end. "I think I'll just surrender here. It was a lot of fun. So I guess this makes you the winner, eh boss?" He gave a little wink toward Qeynan and just for earlier he decided to play around by blowing a little kiss to him.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd August 2018, 8:02 pm

Metal flashed and each of Qeynan's blades were met with a shuriken, throwing them away and to the ground due to the massive speed of the projectiles. When the ringing of metal on ground faded a skateboard rolled into view, directly in the middle of the 'battlefield'. On it lay a rather well dressed man who seemed incredibly bored. He lay flat on the skateboard, staring at the sky as he moved. Then he hit a rock and unceremoniously tilted and rolled off the skateboard onto his face. He lay there for a moment before sighing and getting to his feet, kicking his vehicle up into his hand. "Well that was pretty good kiddos... You all seem to have a firm grasp of... Stuff." His voice was tired and he looked around for a seat before realising there weren't any. Damn.

"Uh... So... I'm Silva, Silva Kukinorite. I'm your Jonin sensei. You must be..." He narrowed his eyes and then seemed to glance at his hand. "...Prose, Suran and..." He glanced at his hand again and looked harder. "Quinoa? Weird names but sure. So because I'm interested in hearing from kids who inevitably will tell me how to do my job... How do you think that fight went and what do you think of your allies? Any glaring issues you want to bring up with them or are you all shy and friendly and not going to hurt each other's feelings?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th August 2018, 11:52 am

"Qeynan is too confident, Seran is too reserved, and I gave up much too easily." Praise said simply figuring that their sensei would be the type to like straight to the point answers without beating the bush. The way she saw it, she could of won if she hadn't pulled back at crucial moments and while Qeynan did have reasons to be self assured she felt it wasn't enough to justifiably not take them all that serious. On the other hand she didn't get much from Seran mainly because she felt like he was too meek to really push himself. "I don't have issues with anyone so long as people are honest about their feelings and intentions. Right now I only see you two as training dummies, Seran more so than Qeynan, I'm not trying to be rude but I don't feel any instant bonds of friendship with either of you nor do I necessarily trust you to have my back in the field. In that case it's more Qeynan than it is Seran, either way until that changes I'll continue to be distant emotionally but you do not have to worry about our working relationship." she would lay how she felt about the team on the metaphorical table, it just wasn't in her personality to hide how she felt about something and if she did end up offending them well that was their problem. Still if they showed improvement and effort then maybe she would feel more comfortable around them but for now she felt that Seran was shy & hesitant while Qeynan was full of himself. With that said she would get back to reading her scrolls on fuinjutsu.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th August 2018, 1:46 pm

The Fabrication faded, as did his sensory and just as he was proclaimed victor their sensei arrived and did something extremely rude. He flicked his wrist and his blades returned to his sword to reform the weapon and he dropped to the ground, turning to Silva (ignoring the mispronunciation of his name) and listening to what Praise had to say. He understood where she was coming from, and he was saddened a bit. He did view them as...lesser because of their intellect but he was still hoping to be friends with them. He hadn't grown up with many, after all. Once she had finished Qeynan cleared his throat "Seran was much too predictable in his movements after the first few clashes, Praise wasn't economic with her actions and I am severely lacking in the area of offense." He looked to Seran "I am under the impression that you believe 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' and that can put you in a tight spot especially if an opponent is well suited or even built to counter your usual tactics. Variation is key." He turned to Praise this time "When it comes down to it, you chose the wrong opponent to face off against while your Gates were active. You could've easily either dodged or toss aside my blades using that boost and I am not well equipped to handle a close range fight. You would've won had you pressed me." He tapped his chin a bit trying to think of anything else

"Praise I will admit it is going to be...trying when it comes to building a relationship with you due to the apparent lack of interest on your part, but I'm willing to try. I know my attitude can be a bit trying but there is no room for self-doubt when it comes to the delicate art of puppetry, because one moment of overthinking can ruin a design. But I do take it to an extreme and me thinking on a higher level than others doesn't exactly help... so I'll try to work on that." He bit his lip pensively. She valued honesty so that was the best route here "I...really hope we can all be friends. I've never actually had any, outside of my family but they don't really count, and I was hoping that my team could be the first...Ugh I sound annoying even to myself, so I'm going to move on. Seran, you're a fun one. I think I'm going to enjoy working with you!" He smiled at the boy and twitched a finger, his bag floating over to him. He put his sword away and pulled out puppet parts, beginning to tinker with them while still paying attention to what Seran had to say.
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th August 2018, 6:02 pm

Seran's eyes seemed to glow as Silva took the stage, even despite messing with his name. "So you're apart of the Kukinorite clan? That means you're related to grandma! I shall call you Uncle Sensei from now on! Heheh!" he would say before the others began going over their critiques of the others. He was really curious as to their opinions and his sensei's. He sat down on the field cross legged and listened intently, his smile never faltering despite any negatives thrown his way. When Qeynan finished his opinions Seran's hand shot up as fast as he could. "Me next! Me next!" he would say as he shot to his feet and holding his one arm that was in the air with the other. "Hmm... Who to start with... I guess I'll start with Praise since she made the first move in the fight. Her judgement on the target was correct! Ranged opponents can be the most troublesome if left to their own devices, however, it feels like she is too rash or filled with ADD as she didn't even make sure to finish her target before moving to the next one, leaving her back wide open for counter attack. She also revealed a strong technique early on without thinking of the long term in case of getting into a drawn out fight. Though she was fast and strong, she was open to tricks and put herself at a big disadvantage. She needed to figure out her opponents capabilities without giving too much of her own away so that she could properly form a strategy. I feel if she did things right and baited things out she could have easily won the spar! As for Qeynan, He's reliant too much on his blades. Though it does make sense being a samurai. But I could continuously dodge them and there was nothing he could do about it. He had some awesome techniques though. But what he's really lacking is mobility for himself, or an ultimate defense. If he had a way to keep opponents off of him then he'd be safe to play with his blades. If Praise had stuck on him I feel she would have overpowered him very quickly. And for me? Well, I just played around. I don't have any amazing techniques so I could only resort to basics to get by. I'm very lacking in offense and defense and techniques for sparring itself as the only offensive technique I know can cause some serious damage if I manage to land it. But if it is capable of being dodged as well as I had dodged Qeynan then I would be screwed without careful planning. I'm also a pretty cautious fighter so my opinion may be biased on the whole 'wait and see' concept that I had pulled during the fight to try and gauge how to go about fighting them. I guess you could say my start is too slow, Praise is too fast, and Qeynan is.... well, I don't know of a word for it. Sorry, but yeah! That's my view on the spar!" Seran immediately sat back after his fast and long winded speech before sitting back down and looking at Silva to give him any corrections to his views on the fight. He had studied the art of war with his Grandfather many times and had developed this view of the fight from all his previous studies.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th September 2018, 3:00 pm

Well it was time to address them quickly one by one. He turned to Praise and pointed at her. "Prose, stop being such a bitch and try and get to know the rest of your team. You don't need to like them but you need to trust them. I hated my teammates with a burning passion and yeah it took a bit but at the end of the day there's no one I'd rather get into a fight backed up by. So talk to your allies, get to know some interests, they're the ones that are going to save you when the chips are down." He said simply, his voice pretty much entirely dead.

He then looked at Qeynan as he was the second that spoke and pointed at him. "Quimbo, don't be a dick. They're going to try and help you, you need to help them in return. I saw the way you looked at them, don't ever treat your allies as sub-par, that's what you treat your enemies as. Dehumanise them, not Samba and Primrose. Pretty simple there."

Lastly he stared at Seran and narrowed his eyes a bit. "Call me Uncle Sensei again and I'll snap my skateboard over your head and get a new one, both team member and skateboard." He seemed to mumble something about 'aunt' for a moment before going back to staring at him. "You need to stop being so... Fucked if I know... Something. At least you seem nice enough, so mediate between your teammates and become an actual team rather than a bunch of loners that need to sit together at lunch. Being a loner is boring, so stop it."

He then yawned and sat down on the ground, flopping onto his back and starfishing out. "So, you guys seem to have a decent grasp on what you're doing and a decent grasp on what each other does. Poppy, your close combat seems good, especially with the gates, that's a powerful thing to have when your allies are ranged combatants. Keep that up but don't be afraid to push harder, taking a hit to give out a worse one is a viable tactic though avoid it if you can. Quagga, you have a good grasp of keeping people away from you but finishing a fight seems a bit difficult, learn to use your pre-existing techniques in new ways, keep enemies in as opposed to out, give opportunities for the rest of your team. Slalom, you're too laid back in combat, you need to attack more or find a way to properly open people up for attacks from others. Sometimes you never need to deal damage, sometimes you need to be the distraction to let your allies do it. That's fine, it's not a negative way to fight."

Silva scratched his jaw for a moment, grumbling about stubble and how annoying it was. "Now, an interesting little thing I like to ask. What do you think your teammates should focus on and learn? Not what they are good at but what you WANT them to be good at, if you understand me?"
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th September 2018, 6:18 pm

Praise would gain a tick mark when her sensei called her a bitch but then when he called her other squad members by names and didn't seem to care about their real ones she would relax and respected that like herself he couldn't be bothered with not speaking honestly. She understood at least in her interpretation of what he was saying she figured that he didn't respect them enough to call them by their real names because they hadn't earned that respect. They were barely a team and just met and each had their own individual wants or goals that they seemed to have more of an interest in rather than being a good team."Understood sensei, I'll give them a chance, it's short sighted to deny myself the advantage of potential comrades or friends." Praise muttered under her breath though she was sure her jonin sensei probably would of heard her unless he really was as lazy as it seemed. Still his question actually made her think about her teammates a bit more and what they should focus on and learn.

"Qeynan, I think you should learn Genjutsu. I feel like more so than Ninjutsu it would fit your goals for being a Puppeteer. I was under the impression that those who get into puppetry end up with philosophies of some kind usually revolving around manipulation and the artistry of puppetry. At least something like that, as I once considered being one myself when I realized I lacked a chakra nature either way genjutsu doesn't require someone to have large reserves and is only more powerful if elements are thrown into the mix. In addition it would only end up aiding your puppetry as in addition to being able to mislead opponents, you can cripple their mind leaving them open to a finishing blow whether through the use of your puppets or poisons. In fact certain poisons can even be used to great effect with genjutsu to affect those who normally would prove resistant or tolerant of the normal methods of genjutsu." She said stating what she believed could help him, it had the added benefit of being a branch of techniques which she had once thought about delving in due to her Ronin heritage yet she felt like it would end up suiting him much better especially since he was intelligent and thus would be able to come up with in-depth strategies towards ensnaring individuals in various illusions during battle.

"As for you Seran I feel like you should learn Nintaijutsu, the way I see it, you are Kurogane thus your physical abilities will naturally be better than most however I personally think that Nintaijutsu would suit you. Having a shroud of chakra is rather useful in combat as it not only would protect your body but also would allow you to augment your physical techniques with a release nature of your choice. It's simple yet effect and the groundwork regarding it can be used for other things especially when pertaining to chakra flow." Nintaijutsu was also something she had looked into but unfortunately without a chakra nature it was something that was closed off to her for the forseeable future. "In addition, I think that with training you could learn how to further modify the nintaijutsu techniques you learn with Berserk Mode or even the Kurogane clan Kekkei Genkai turning you into a more dangerous threat leaving people to assume you are merely some brute force fighter allowing you to use more subtle techniques to guide them where you want and thus finish them with a combination of tactics and overwhelming power." she said deciding to add that as she felt like  he would take to it since it was simple in practice and would not be as constraining to him as picking up some other form of technique. She just got the feeling that someone like Seran didn't like being limited in the methods of his fighting and thus wouldn't take to things which required set forms or kata.

"So, that's what I feel like the two of you should learn."
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th September 2018, 7:34 pm

Qeynan's eye twitched ever so slightly as his sensei called him a dick and then proceeded to pronounce his name incorrectly not once but twice. He was sure the other wasn't stupid, as Kukinorite were known for crafting geniuses, so it shouldn't be hard to grasp their names. So either he was deliberately being an asshole or...nope all signs pointed to asshole. He would bite his tongue about it for now in favor of the conversation at hand "I can...see where the problem is in my usual way of viewing people. If I look down on my teammates I will never trust them fully and that doesn't exactly make for good teamwork. I'll save it for everyone else, then." He spoke more to himself than his sensei, but it was obvious he was accepting what the man had said and planning on making himself easier to work with. He was glad Praise had agreed to do the same, maybe they could grow close after all.

He listened to what Praise suggested and smiled a bit. He had entertained the thought of practicing Genjutsu for those same reasons but had decided he would rather focus on his Kugujutsu for the moment as to better perfect his art. She made several good points and Genjutsu would do well with their skill sets as well as his own philosophy of manipulating his opponent's movements and controlling the tide of battle. He agreed with her suggestion wholly, as it were "Well with the way you just put it I don't see how I could not learn any Genjutsu." Qeynan and Praise seemed to have thought very similarly when attempting to plot out their course in what they would learn, as quite a few of the things they considered while doing so overlapped "Well Praise if I am not mistaken I saw you working on seals before. I think you should learn trap based techniques, rather than something of a specific jutsu type. Because it allows you a lot of leg room in that you could use Fuinjutsu or Juinjutsu for traps, or mix either with Barrier Ninjutsu to make even more complex ones. It'll fit with what you're already learning, give you a whole new branch of techniques to explore and allow you to control a field pretty well. Which would also compliment everything I'll have going on, making us a deadly duo!"

He looked at Seran and found that his big, beautiful mind came up blank. Everything that he thought of to say to him was either already being covered by him or Praise or the boy himself. It was actually kind of vexing, so he took a moment to go over everything he had seen the other display in battle. His processing speed allowed this to occur within a fraction of a section and once he was done he had a brilliant idea. A large, devious smile split his face from ear to ear and his eyes glittered with mirth "Seran~! I think you should learn...Erojutsu!" He clapped and giggled a bit at that, continuing on in a sing-song voice "You've already shown that you're not against using seduction, or in Praise's case embarrassment, in battle so Erojutsu would be a great way to distract foes and keep their attention on you. Whether they're trying to get into your pants, watching you to make sure you don't molest them or trying to kill you for coming on to them you'll have their attention long enough for me or Praise to come in with a kill. Plus a cutie like you would have girls and guys falling all over you so it'll help you get used to it!" He giggled again as the image of Seran kissing Praise and her reaction popped into his head again. It was priceless and Seran practicing Erojutsu could bring more of that humor, so Qeynan was all for it. "Welp that's my two cents."
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime12th September 2018, 11:03 pm

Seran didn't really take the threat to heart, though he did think that the it would be a waste of a nice skateboard. He listened intently as they each gave their suggestions. First it was his sensei telling him to be the mediator of the group. He stood straight and gave a fine salute. "Aye, aye, Captain!" he would then rest at attention as he listened to everyone continue. His sensei did speak some good words. Though it wasn't that he couldn't attack, it was just he was afraid to in a simple sparring match with the only real offensive technique he had. However, he would ponder on how he could be of more use in the offensive side of things.

Praise and Qeynan both stated some interesting things and though he didn't agree with them at all, mainly from a misconception and a straight up no, he would address their concerns first before getting to what he thought for them. "Well, Praise, I guess that's not entirely impossible. My family has passed down a nintaijutsu or two, though mostly I can supplement it with purely elemental taijutsu.. Hmm. I'll look into it. However, for you, I don't really like Qeynan's suggestion. I think sensei is somewhat correct. I think you should focus on being in the center stage. The big tank in simple terms. You fight up front and Qeynan's the range type. I'm the well rounded so... We need to figure out a way to make you the center stage and force targets on you so me and Qeynan can do as we please. I have an idea on how to get aggro on you at all times, though it would be dangerous.. So shoring up your defensive and evasive skills would probably be best, with some slight occurrence in offense. But if you can keep attention and survive it, then me and Qeynan can wittle down the enemy while they are focused. If I used a combination of blood release and Fabrication, then I think it'll be possible to create a type of Blood Boil or Predator vs Prey type technique that would force the attention on you." Seran hoped she would like his idea and suggestion on focusing more on defense than offense.

Seran then turned to Qeynan and winked at him. "Now, now dollface. Just because you have a crush on me doesn't mean everyone will. I'm just not really into that kinda technique line. Sure its fun to play around with but as a focus, I don't think so. Maybe a dabble, but otherwise, I don't want the attention on me. I need to fight from the sidelines in my opinion. The hidden blade within our team. But for you? Hmm. Sensei had it good. Some nice lock down techniques would be interesting, especially if we can temporarily turn a three versus three into a two versus three or one versus three. Aggro control as Praise and you as Crowd Control, with your blades and puppeteering its not impossible. Meanwhile, I can figure out a way to use something as a medium so I can cast my fabrication around Praise, to give her more survivability and focus on taking out enemies one by one that you cc while Praise keeps the others busy." Seran continued to try thinking over the strategy that could work best.

He constantly thought about things from the past, past battles his grandfather told him about. This type of strategy, though cc was not unheard of, it was somewhat rare. Whereas being an aggro control was almost unheard of in the shinobi world. No one liked being the center of attention, especially shinobi, as it put themselves at risk. But with Praise's abilities it would actually be pretty strong in her defensive side. But defenses weren't enough. She needed to work on high mobility. Qeynan, no matter how you looked at him, seemed like he'd be an offensive type with those blades of his. But because they posed such a danger meant he would be great at an offensive style that was defensive in nature. "Qeynan, you shouldn't worry too much on defense if we can pull this off, at least defending yourself. If this can be pulled off, then me and you should be carefree in the battles to come. We need to focus on both protecting Praise while she does her thing, assisting her while at the same time doing the dirty work. With your blades, laying down formations is actually very powerful so Barrier Ninkenjutsu would be best for your focus. Praise, hone movement techniques and increase your defensive power. We will support you in every aspect we can. My Fabrication specializes in throwing off the enemy, but Fabrication isn't only for harm, I can use it as a form of buff if I figure out the right components. I'll also figure out a way to help boost your defenses and give you more offense with my steel core and blood release. I could potentially give you a form of berserk mode as well using the Blood Boil if I can figure out how to formulate it..." Seran started wakling in circles as he spoke, not necessarily looking at them. His smile had disappeared before his final sentence and was replaced with a stern and calculating look, the first time they would actually see his expression changed. It would almost be like he was a completely different person. Of course this insane calculation came from both his Kukinorite lineage and his grandfather's constant drills and teaching.

He muttered to himself for a moment before realizing what he was doing. He stopped and looked up at the group, his smile appearing back on his face as if nothing had happened. "So, so?! What do you guys think? Sensei? Praise? Qeynan?" Seran's serious demeanor was gone almost as fast as it had come. He was back to looking like the clueless happy go lucky kid as before. He kept looking between the group, wondering who would answer first and what they themselves would think of his suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th September 2018, 1:44 pm

"Huh, you kids actually listened to me, that's pretty rare." Silva muttered to himself before reaching up and running his hand over his face for a few moments. They all made decent ideas and it was a nice little conversation that they had. He was glad they were open, there were too many genin that didn't speak their mind, that were too shy or anxious but it would appear he had the bluntest little fuckers around and he was more than happy with that. "You guys all made some pretty good observations so I guess I might as well give my own. Of course I don't go into detail because I am incredibly tired and I don't know if I really care enough yet. Most sensei would do a little fight to test you, maybe some kind of dumb bell challenge like I know Chandra would do. Me? I'm not going to do any of that, it's too much effort and to be honest, the less people know about my abilities the better and I don't want to have to kill you three."

He shuffled slightly and propped himself up on an elbow. "Plum, you're actually pretty set. Seals, Gates, Close Combat, nothing wrong with that. If you want my opinion? Formulate a form of seal or barrier that detonates when someone gets close to it, place it on yourself or your allies to act as quickfire defenses or counter attacks. Sometimes you aren't fast enough to react but your seal might be."

He then turned and looked at Seran. "Somnia, you should think about area terrain manipulation or something along those lines. If you can ruin your opponent's ability to stand upright properly or have them fall over when they dodge, they'll be much easier to pick off by your allies. If you want to fight on the sidelines you also need ways to get attention off of yourself so you don't get targeted, maybe work on some concealment? Even if it's just moving around quietly."

Lastly he rolled over to look at Qeynan. "Quarry, use your puppets and blades in a supplementary manner? You could attach them to Perry's arms to enhance her blows or to Smile's projectiles or the like to have them hidden and then burst off, maybe try and craft a puppet you can wrap around someone like armour? That would be interesting and fun. Now, is there anything else you guys want from me? I could teach you about some basic stuff, I could show you an interesting weapon or two I happen to have on me? I don't know, I could take you guys shopping and buy you all cool bandanas so we can look like a proper team." He made a half-hearted attempt at a fake gang sign before yawning and flopping onto his back.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime26th September 2018, 11:10 pm

Praise listened to what the other says in addition to their sensei and found that she could incorporate such things, sealing was something of a passion for her so adding traps as well as explosive tags and barriers were already in her mind albeit on her back burner but she could see how they would all be useful. Thus she would find a method of doing it all as she wasn't the type of person to slack of and she had no social life whatsoever. Al she did was train and study so it was definitely possible if a bit more work than she was already doing but they were sound ideas and she knew that by incorporating them she would have a versatility few would be able to match. She would raise an eyebrow at the bandana comment and decide to actually choose that specific one as she would actually like one of those forehead protector bandana's she sometimes saw the gate guards wearing.

Shopping would be nice, since you said you would purchase bandannas for us I'd gladly accept a new method to hold my forehead protector. Otherwise, weekly D-rank missions would be fine and perhaps maybe once a month we can go on a C or B-rank?" she said merely trying to see whether or not she could barter with their sensei about how regularly they would go on missions since it didn't seem like he was really interested in being a hands on trainer. She didn't mind that but missions were important and as a genin she could unfortunately only go on B-rank missions with her squad, unless they were of the medical variety and honestly she would rather just do a C-rank if that was the case.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th September 2018, 12:48 am

Seran's words had Qeynan's smile falling a bit. He felt it an insult that the other would just... brush off his suggestion. The boy's suggestion seemed rather vague, so he was just going to ignore it and continue with what he had planned. But for him to just push him aside like that was more than a bit rude. Though he didn't say anything and instead turned to pay attention to their sensei, taking in his suggestions and seeing if any of his puppet plans fit what was said. The offer of going shopping was a funny one, really. He didn't like wearing his forehead protector on his forehead or in his hair, but it wasn't really long enough to be held anywhere else. A sash so that he could tie it about his waist would be ideal for him.

"Shopping would be fun, yes. But I have a question if you don't mind, sensei." He moved so that he was slightly leaning over Silva's face, pulling his hair over a shoulder so that it wasn't falling down into the other's face "What do you know of Summoning Contracts? I wanted to see if we could find a way of procuring one for myself." He knew that Summons were powerful creatures and his favorite of all animals, spiders, possessed their very own contract but that was the extent of his knowledge on them. There was precious little information on the Spiders, as nothing had been documented since their last master over a century ago. And even then there was nothing too specific, only that they had a master. He wanted to at least meet them, even if he couldn't some how sign them himself. The venoms of Summoning creatures could be several times more potent than even the most dangerous of fauna, and the number of uses he could find for spider venom were high in number.
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime4th October 2018, 2:09 pm

"Shopping wouldn't be so bad. I could use more smoke bombs since i used up most of them in the training. Though I wouldn't mind a little more sparring. I'd like to see how far I can go if I go all out truly. Though I guess that's best for a mission since it would mean aiming for the kill, unless Captain would intervene in the result of someone going near death," said Seran at the suggestion of shopping. He would then perk up at Qeynan's question of summoning contracts. Those were usually rare, though he had heard they were powerful. Being able to have one though would essentially create your own army. Even sage mode made combat even better.

However, Seran had a different idea in mind, albeit weaker. "Summonings are awesome! Though I think I'd love to have a pet and special weapon. Those are so hard to come by though. Maybe I should try spying on the Hokkai clan and get some tips on taming wild animals... I'd love to add another tank to the party! I guess if I want a special weapon then I should make my goal a Reaper of Kohai. Maybe the Reaper of Conquest... Or maybe stealing one of Dipu's eggs. Oops. That would be bad wouldn't it? Sorry. Hehe." Seran would rub the back of his head embarrassingly and laughed awkwardly at his bad thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th October 2018, 2:39 pm

"Missions, some items and a summoning contract? Interesting." Silva said in a tone that said he definitely didn't actually find it interesting. "Missions I'm happy to do, you seem capable so if anything I'll just write you notes to let you do C-Rank missions, B-Ranks I need to accompany you to unfortunately but I'll mostly just be watching and waiting to jump in if I need to." He told Praise before nodding and then waving for them to follow him. He dropped his skateboard and hopped onto it, shoving his hands into his pockets as he slowly rolled along.

"Summoning contracts aren't easy to find, a lot of them were lost. Some clans have contracts tied to them but getting a personal one?" He sucked his teeth for a moment. "If you had three million xel I could probably get you one right now, might be closer to five though. Or you could try showing yourself to be the greatest Genin of your generation? The Chunin Exams usually give prizes to the top two or three if they show themselves to be particularly good. So that might be your best bet." He gave a shrug and done a quick kickflip, turning around in midair so he was skating backwards, facing them.

"Stealing the Organisation Weapon of any Village, even your own, will result in swift exile and death." He told Seran plainly. "They are ancient artifacts and they are important to the Village. If you want to become a Reaper of Kohai, pass your chunin exams and then show them you're worthy of the weapon. Simple as that. Now let's go shopping I guess, not like I use my money for much anyway." He thought back to all the exact copies of the same suit he had in his wardrobe and shrugged.

[Exit]

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th October 2018, 3:37 pm

Praise would nod as she was glad that she wouldn't have to bribe people at the mission office to give her C-rank missions anymore, sure she had already found her own method of doing C-rank missions on her own but now thanks to their sensei she would be able to go on those missions which didn't have a medical aspect to them. "Not to mention those people with Organization Weapons usually are groomed to have important roles in the village in the long run. Going for one of them is essentially declaring that you want to be an important member of the village, even more so than those who have summoning contracts." Praise decided to chime in, while she didn't particularly care for becoming a Reaper of Kohai despite the power of the members of that organization nor was she particularly interested in summoning contracts it did pay to have some knowledge of them just in case. Pet's however weren't really something she wanted either, if she needed disposable allies she would just use other shinobi.

"Thanks Sensei." she said both for what he said and the Xel that he had given them for spending purposes, it would go a long way for her funds as the things she really wanted were expensive. Medical supplies were of the utmost priority to her rather than weapons, armor or other equipment as she had other methods of getting that, well she could always use some more sealing paper and ink...

(Exit)

Training:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th October 2018, 4:22 pm

Well their sensei was as helpful as a bag of bricks, it would seem. He had found all that out himself, he was hoping Silva would be able to tell him another way of achieving his goal but disappointment was in his horoscope apparently. The Chunin Exams were a ways off, though he had no doubt he would be among the top three competitors if not the very best within the exams. Gaining the contract before the exams would've increased his chances of getting the top position exponentially but he could make due if it was really needed. He began crunching numbers rapidly in his head, his computer-like brain running several different variables and algorithms at the same time.

He realized that he might've stayed too still and too quiet for a long time. He snapped himself out of his thoughts and gave his sensei a small smile "I guess I'm gonna have to knock some socks off during the exams then, ne? Thanks for everything Sensei." That was that for now he supposed. He wondered what he could buy while they were out shopping. He could use some armor, definitely. Puppeteers were always on the more vulnerable side of things. Bombs for some of his puppet's mechanisms would also be good to have, materials for poisons were well within the realm of possibility. Or he could buy materials themselves....decisions decisions.

Training:
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th October 2018, 4:53 pm

"Heh. I figured as much, oh well. Honestly, I just need a good sword to compliment my Iaido," he would say, after all Seran was using a metal oar rather than an actual sword. It was good in practice situations, but against a real blade he'd have quite the disadvantage with his style. He began thinking of some of the items he'd need in both actual battle and practice as he hurriedly followed the rest of them at a calm pace. Hopefully he could get something interesting in this venture, then again he did know how to work well with the basics.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]   The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Brains, the Brawn and the Blind - Team 5 Meets! [Training]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2