Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Elias

Elias

C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Empty
PostSubject: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime28th September 2018, 9:33 pm

Spoiler:

Eli woke up this morning ready to work. Normally he'd hate days like this. Today he'd have to go out in the heat  and check the grounds for metals. All so his dad could set up shop and make more money. This definitely would suck, but the day before Kotone promised to go out there with him. This meant that he'd have company and a good one at that. Kotone always had a way of making things fun for Eli because she's like a blank slate. Everything he shows her is always new to her and for some reason it was cool to feel like a big brother. Eli dressed for the job, making sure to have the right type of head gear for the sun, and plenty of bags.  He'd make his way to the spot determined for him then look around for Kotone. It seemed that she may have gotten lost, but he'd get started.

Tech Used:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime1st October 2018, 12:44 pm

Kotone was running late sure, but it wasn't exactly her fault. Neither was it because she was lost. Her kenjutsu teacher had kept her longer than necessary. He wasn't the best when it came to respecting things such as non-official missions. 'Have fun playing in dirt' was the last thing he said when she finally just left. This also meant she found Eli whilst still in the Zakiyoshi training hakama, "Eli! Hey, sorry I'm late, training... it ran long," Even if she wasn't fond, her teacher was still the best in the clan, and she couldn't speak ill of him. She also motioned with her hands down to her garb, not one she would usually go out wearing if she could help it, it wasn't flattering enough to the young woman, but it allowed plenty of movement at least.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 3:42 pm

" Hey Kotone, u so late!" Eli would be spotted in a meditative pose trying to concentrate on the task at hand." We're getting along well enough with this soil. I have a good feeling about what we'll be pulling up today. Have you ever seen the kaironokuma mining technique up close before? Tis pretty cool." Eli would then get up from his position and smile big at her in her strange outfit. " heh, what's dis?"
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 3:49 pm

"Ugh, why I'm late is why I'm still dressed like this," Kotone said with a sigh. She understood why she was the wear the outfit, but it didn't mean she was too fond of wearing it out to places. "My teacher ran late. I think he's testing my tolerance to using the Water Wield technique but... without my dojutsu it's hard." She just shook her head and sat down besides him with her own little meditative pose, her hands forming the sign she so often used during the vocal ninjutsu due to it's use in meditation too. "But no, I haven't seen it up close at all." Just his mention of it alone was making her perk up, eager to see what it was like through to fruition.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 4:11 pm

" Prepare to be amazed! Ready? Yaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!" Nothing happened. He'd then sigh and drop back down to the ground near Kotone. " Annnnnd for a sec there i forgot how borin dis shit is. It's actually really cool when it happens but it takes a really long time. Also requires me to be connected to the ground. " Eli would yawn then position himself to take a nice nap on his back. With his hands behind his head, he'd ask Kotone to tell him something about anything. " Yo I've been thinkin about your clan and shit, and i think its pretty cool ya know. My moms never really tell me anything about her family, clan, or anything yet pops says dat she has the most interesting stories. When i visit da Rikigaku's and Kaironokuma's for clan meetings, shit just borin. Most of da time both clan's givin praises to dis one chick, she a git too. But she pose to be some kid brainiac or some shit. Does yo clan have stories and shit? can you tell me one?"
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 4:19 pm

Kotone just giggled some at his request for a story. "You've come to the best girl for things like that. A lot of Zakiyoshi legends are passed down mother to child. I've said it before but ancestors are a big thing for us, so we pay attention to our own legends and the like." She needed a moment to think about a good one. She took the chance just to lie back along side her team mate. "What sort of story do you want to hear? There's a lot about my great grandma obviously, not as much as for our Goddess Kikuri obviously. There's a few stories about my grandma Kotone too, and my uncle Ezra. But they were Himiko's children so... it's sorta family knowledge that they had a lot of pressures on them."
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 4:27 pm

" Ah i see, that sounds like it could be a great story. Well since we will be here forever, lets just start from the beginning." As he laid on his back he'd see a really big cloud pass by with a bunch of curves making it look like a really puffy cloud. " One sec, that cloud kind of looks like Jinnouchi's arms right? all bulgy and stuff. Anyway you can go ahead im listening." As he listened he'd watch out for more clouds.
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 4:50 pm

Kotone opened her mouth to begin the tale of Kikuri, but with Eli pointing out one of the plump looking clouds she immediately broke in to hard laughter. She would not have seen anything of the sort without him pointing it out. "O-Oh... it really does!" She grasped at her sides for another few moments trying to contain the laughter. "Uh, ok so..." She cleared her throat, ready to begin.

"Kikuri Takiyoshi, that was the clan's name before this whole big ordeal that caused us to split, was one of the first Zakiyoshi. You know the Water Wield technique I've been training with? Well it was once a forbidden technique, on top of being classified as a kinjutsu technique. The theft of the scroll, it caused a sharp divide in the clan, and the side that became the Zakiyoshi was exiled. Kikuri was the Priestess of the Sea at the time." She knew there was a lot of information that was far out of date with the centuries that passed since. Neither the Takiyoshi themselves existed, nor were the Priestesses called that name any more. "During the travels, Kikuri scouted ahead to the Village of Whirlpools. But there waiting... It was Isobu." She then followed it up with an ominous 'bwoom', and letting that sink in. "She was attacked by the beast, all by herself. She was the strongest of the Takiyoshi fighters with water. Even if Isobu lived in it, she was able to hold off the beast for some time. But it was still a bijuu. And for all the strength and care, it took only one blast to be taken down." Another little sigh followed. "So she struck back with a sword of water, cut off a scale. She was low on chakra, and there's always been the rumours that bijuu flesh can restore chakra. So... it's clear what she did. She still couldn't defeat Isobu, but she gained the power of chakra voice. She put Isobu in to a deep genjutsu, and let the tide just sweep them away." It was such a powerful story, one only discovered a century ago but since then had been a great source of pride and evidence of the strength of the clan members. "She collapsed on the shores of what would become the Zakiyoshi clan compound and began to sing. The legends tell that as she lay, body swelling with bijuu chakra, that she heard the spirits of the ocean and the spirits of those who came before. Kikuri had found the exiles a home, and fought with a monster and survived. In exchange for pledging loyalty to clan and sea, she was gifted... the Bakufu Manako. And that's why her children would go on to manifest the Waterfall Eye when they have given the strength of their bodies to the spirits."
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 5:11 pm

Eli would turn his attention to Kotone as she told her story. the story she was sharing was above and beyond what Eli had expected. It was by far much cooler than any story he could think of at the time. When she mentioned the Bijuu, Eli had no idea what that was until she elaborated. It's intense to think about a priestess with such immense power on sea. Eli has never seen a bijuu in action and that much is clear, but the mention of a creature found in a terrain like a wild beast and possessing immense to overwhelm any powerful entity reminded him of a story his mother once told about his grandpa. But the way his mother told stories he didn't really know whats fact and fiction. Eli just couldn't believe this story to be true. Although it did explain why Kotone, and stories about Himiko always felt like it would be told through a musical. "Koto, dat story aint real is it? Nah, it can't be real. Koto how can anyone ever be that strong? Nah there's only Ninjutsu and Chakra, and brute strength, and smarts ya know. Everything else is like , nah. Eli would start talking with his hands while facing his attention to the sky. " I mean i know there's more out there but like that much more? no way! At the very least dat would mean you would also have dem waterfall eyes like Kikuri, right? And you aint got dat ,so... Man it's a badass story tho.. wish it was real."
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 5:19 pm

Kotone immediately turned her head, arms closing in around herself. It wasn't often she shut herself off in that way, but the fact she was 'late' on waking up her eyes wasn't lost on her. She just... hadn't had a chance to yet. "I just.... I mean... I could. If I wanted." After a moment she turned her head back, trying to open back up again to him. "It's just that I haven't been able to yet. But that story is definitely real. Kikuri was the first to have the eyes. I just... I haven't been able to." She sat up, hugging her knees to her chest. "I'm an heir so I know I should undergo it soon. I need to be my best after all." A thought crossed her mind and she glanced over to him, "Wanna help me do that after we're done here?"
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 5:28 pm

He'd look back over to Kotone again. It seems like Kotone is getting a bit flustered and closed off. but Eli felt that it's important that she knows that some stories just aren't real. Heck if he walked around thinking that ever little story told to him was really he'd probably not be as good looking. At least that's what he figures would be the consequences of being naive in his case. But then she'd ask him to help her achieve it. This was weird for Eli because he didn't believe the story so, he wouldn't want to really do anything that wont work, and if there was a way then maybe it would've been best to do it through members of the clan. " I mean... I'd help ya but if its some crazy shit den i dun wanna have u out here dying over some fake shit. Sensei Clio would kill me, she never says dis but i feel like she looks at me like da responsible one of the three ya know. I think its cause of my beard and shit, its a damn sexy curse i got going on. " He would rub his chin with tiny face hairs that barely could be seen as stubble. " What's i gotta do anyway?"
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 5:38 pm

"Pff, you don't have a beard," Kotone said as her mood was already rapidly improving, giving him a little shove in the shoulder as he scratched at that 'beard'. "Honestly though... just stay with me I guess. It's honestly a bit of a scary thing," A shudder ran through her body just thinking about it. "I have to exhaust myself like... completely. Drain all my stamina." It was a lot to put on him really when it came down to it, but at least it would show how much trust she put in him. "And the eyes are a truth. Otherwise, why would my teacher have his,"
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 6:07 pm

Eli heard what he had to do and pretty much figured that it was too dangerous. He would have to watch her suffer from over exahustion and that was weird because even in the academy they learned that this could mean death. To her that meant that she would unlock a mythical eye. Eli doesnt know what to do. On one hand she trusts in him enough to attempt this trial while with only him to supervise. But then again she sounds like she'd believe anybody. So he'd have a choice to make. " Alright fine, but you gotta make yoself some water to gulp down.Plenty of it because i think when u over exhaust den your body should heat up. I dunno how yours work but u know. Alright fine lets try it, but we not trying it because yo trainer has one because he old so he probably playin a genjutsu on u. Lets get started." He'd point at his shovel that he brought for when he's technique was completed. " Its hot out, and some manual labor should get you tired. Dig fast and deep , Kotone and keep da stories comin."
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 6:26 pm

Kotone just rolled her eyes over the comment, "Eli, you know I can't be stuck in a genjutsu. I thought we all learned that when we met Clio-sensei," She was still unsure about their sensei, but she'd begun to grow a certain amount of respect for the woman despite her clan. "And don't worry, I'm always prepared." She pointed back to her little satchel, "Got a stamina pill in there and some water. Just make sure I drink the water and wake back up, and a slither of the pill so I can get some strength back to finish it." For all the preparedness, she was still nervous about going through the process.

She cleared her throat as she thought of the next story she could tell. "Oh, I got one. Let's go with my grandma and uncle this time. So, grandma Kotone and uncle Ezra, they were this super cool shinobi duo. Never made a huge name for themselves by the time they came off of active duty." It wasn't going to be as adventurous as her last, but she figured that a story like this would be nice and better show how much she knew of the old family bond. "They went on this trip together to old Dipu, originally they were to go with their mother but Kage duties called. So they went together. See, back then the clan was classified as roaming. Himiko brought the clan to a permanent home. They were seeking out anything else left behind in the old area. They had their own specialities, grandma Kotone was amazing at Boil Release, she's the one who taught me the Sinful Lotus technique before... before she passed." A small whined followed that, "And Uncle Ezra was a master with Hydrification based hand to hand."
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 6:41 pm

Eli listened carefully to the story he was being told imagining it all in the clouds. My condol..um condolasis.. Kotone. Yo grandma sounds like a real boss. And yo uncle throw hands usin hydrification thats raw. What village was Himiko a kage of though?" He'd watch Kotone prepare herself to work. While he did that he would imagine how those two would be like fighting along each other. " So they really didnt end up doin much huh?"
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 6:56 pm

Kotone giggled some at the question, "Ours." She found it quite silly, but then, not everybody could recall every leader with the wars that went on. "She was the first Kage of Nazo. And it's ok, grandma Kotone was a wonderful caring woman. And we're Zakiyoshi's, condolences are loved, but she is with Kikuri and her parents Himiko and Cecelia. We grieve the day they pass, and then we give thanks to Kikuri for taking in their spirit to be with family." A wide smiled crossed her face. It was such a simple belief at the core, but even if she didn't plan to be a head priestess like her family, she wasn't against taking up a role in the temple,

"So, as I was saying. Grandma and Uncle didn't do a whole lot of Missing-nin fighting, but turns out not all Zakiyoshi members were fond of Himiko and the new home. Liked their freedom." She was growing that much more serious then. "It's something we still deal with sometimes. This person though got really upset and picked a fight. What they didn't expect though; boom! Big serpent." She threw her hands up to make that point. "They were also the first summoners on the contract. Even Himiko didn't expect them to come back riding this huge red serpent. Which by the way was Thadie's dad,"
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 7:10 pm

He'd continue listening then jump out of his skin a little when Kotone threw up her hands to emphasis how big this red serpent really was. Damn that sounded really cool to Elias, and apparently that was Thadie's dad. It's like all her stories were impossible but there were little signs that they all might be true. Thadie the tiny sea serpent can eventually grow to a colossal size seemed unreal."Where is Thadie anyway? And yo grandma was a kage? That's wild Koto, do you think of becoming Kage of this place every now and then?" Eli started to feel a bit sleepy as he'd check on Kotone's progress.
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 7:19 pm

"Oh Thadie's actually with her dad. There's this whole mess they had but nobody really tells me what it is outside of 'they're uncorrupted' but I don't know that means," Kotone added with a shrug, not quite sure but also not really bothered by not knowing exact details. "But you didn't know?" There was the clear hint to humor in her voice with the question. "Any way, I don't... I don't know if I'll be good enough to be a Kage. I still don't know what I want to do yet though either so maybe I will be a Kage, maybe not." All the work had done plenty to tire her out some, but she hadn't really done as much as he any way. She just didn't have the body strength for it exactly. "What about you? You wanna be a Kage or something?"
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime5th October 2018, 7:41 pm

Eli just remained silent for a while thinking that this tiny serpent just went home to a giant serpent that apparently still exists. What the heck is going on? Seems like the world is alot bigger than Elias knows. What if all their stories were true and that these wars and gods really existed. What would that mean for them and their current level of power. He'd then listen to kotone's response on maybe following in her grandma's foot steps and becoming a Kage. But she didn't seem all that interested. Little did he know that his question would actually be thrown back at him, so for a moment he lied there silently. " Koto.. Being the kage of this place would be soo cool. Like the coolest, dawg. I never tell people dis but I hate it when some people call me the failed legacy. Ya feel me? I kno i fucked up but i was like four years old or some shit like dat. Becoming Kage of this place would mean that I'm good enough to be a Doublestackums, an Abbababalu, a Rikigaku, and a Kaironokuma.  It's like ever since that day they all just stopped talking about me and what great things i can do. So yea i want to say my dream is to be a kage, but deep down inside i dont know... ya feel me? I don't ever feel complete, I always feel a lil lost. At first i thought tis was cuz im like twenty- five percent black or some shit like dat, but i dont know maybe i feel lost and dunno what i wanna be because unlike you i just know silly folk tales and nothin bout my personal family ."
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime6th October 2018, 9:30 am

Kotone was rather surprised by the enthusiasm behind Eli when the questioned was turned back on him, but that same sweet smile she always wore when she were excited crossed her face. "Well I do know. Deep down I do know. Know that you can be a super awesome Kage," She looked back as she drove the shovel back down in to the ground. "But those stories, they're the blood of my clan. And I'm right in the centre of it. Being the heir isn't exactly fun and games. I got Thadie, like me she's the heir to the serpents. But we both have just so much to live up to." Her tone turned much more somber. "So..." She looked back up to Eli, "Let's make you the Kage." She didn't know if he actually would want that with all the pressure, but she wanted the sentiment known that she would be there for him for such a great task.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime11th October 2018, 3:51 pm

Eli laughed a bit at Kotone saying lets make him kage. He thought it was a nice idea that they both had but how would they even go about something like that. " Whaaa? Nah i mean that'd be cool and all but how am i supposed to beat the old heads of this village? On top of that im sure theirs alot of other people who might wanna be kage, and probably have been working towards it forever now. " He'd sigh as he'd continue to make excuses, " I dunt wanna let you down either, but dat goal is too high for me. What if Jinnouchi wanted to be kage, how am i 'pose to beat him?"
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime11th October 2018, 4:04 pm

Kotone just giggled and kept up her part of the work, "Well the sentiment still stands. If Jin wants to try for that too, then I'd support you both to be the best and let the outside sources work out which of you deserves it more. No goal is too high, for either of you," She turned back to her work, figuring they must be close to what they were looking for, though Eli would know best. "And we've been working hard too don't forget. We're gonna leave people in the dust before they know it,"
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime11th October 2018, 4:12 pm

Eli would get excited by the support and the last thing Kotone said," YA! we are. Though i get a little nervous ya know. What if i can beat someone but that person does something and i cant think fast enough to dodge it. It'd suck losing you know. Im not too big on competitive stuff. " Eli started noticing that its about time that the materials start to be uplifted. " But i wont let ya down though. Imma keep practicing until we clean sweep everyone."
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime11th October 2018, 4:50 pm

"You're a passionate guy, and yeah losing a fight can really suck. But that's why we're a team right? We pick each other up, fill in the gaps, and keep ourselves going." She stepped aside out of the way, knowing this was now Elias's zone. She wouldn't be of any help there. "Just like I'm putting all my trust in you that you'll keep me safe," She stood up then, taking a deep breath and opening her water vial. She would need to get more water later, but this would be worth it. She set down the stamina pill and the bottle of drinking water. "Ok just... make sure I drink and take a bit of the pill so I wake up and help me back." She smiled, took another deep breath, and got to work.

Over and over she manipulated her high concentration chakra water, forming in to the shape for the Kusarigami. She had still been working on the shape, so surely this would be amazing practice to also get the form down perfect. "Ugh, this is gonna be so weird." And she kept it up. The first couple were quick and easy made and dispersed without wasting any water, but gradually she was getting slow.

For her own safety, she would leave the last few creations until Eli was completely freed up. She was swaying with the last ones, until she formed the kusarigami that immediately burst, and she dropped with it to the ground; exhausted.

Bakufu Manako: Activation Stage - Unlocked!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime11th October 2018, 5:08 pm

As this happened Kotone would miss the whole spectacle that Eli had promised. 5 metallic materials coming out of the ground. As Eli pulled him up a blood price was paid, as can be seen through the blood dripping from his nose. He'd feel a bit dizzy but once the metals purified and surfaced he'd walk over to kotone and do as he was instructed. Gently placing the stamina pill in her both and chasing it down with water that he'd pour down her throat. So that she'd drink he'd gently massage her throat to create a swallowing sensation for her. "Hey...Koto..wake up! wake up! we did it!"

End Topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business    C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

C-rank Mission: Mine Your Business
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next