Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Gobukime's Journey

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime23rd March 2020, 11:48 pm

Now that Kime was back out with Kim, he started to go through the items that he needed based off of memory.

"So the first thing that we are going to start off with is getting a bucket, ok? Which means we need some usable wood. After that, we can use bark as an adhesive in order to keep it together and then the bark can be used as the hold for the water. But if we are planning on...."

Kime's voice trailed off as he moved slowly out of the cave.

"It's not just for the food, we can use it to carry other things that we find and use some of the rope in order to tie it to our backs. It would make harvesting and foregoing a lot easier if we know how to make the basic materials all on our own. "

-searching for bark and sticky sap-

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime24th March 2020, 1:12 am

Gobukim would stare at Gobukime in confusion as what he was saying was making her head hurt and all she got out of it was to find certain things for him. She didn't know what he wanted to do with them but she would do her best to try and find whatever it was he needed them for. Gobukim wouldn't manage to find the sticky sap but she found bark whereas Gobukime wouldn't be able to find bark but fortunately he found some sticky sap. It seemed when they put what they obtained together they had enough to try his idea. Though Gobukim wanted to look for supplies so they could make another spring trap as that was always useful in her book. But then again he was the type to make stuff out of random materials so she was eager to see what he would do with this.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th March 2020, 5:57 pm

"Ok, let me work my magic!"

Taking the bark and some of the sticky sap, Kime would start to craft a bucket.

"I have an idea to make our net's more effective. WE can get some barbs and stick it to the net using the stick sap. It'll get stuck on the fur of the horned rabbit, making it hard to get out. If we have any more sap left over, we can use the bucket to go and get some fruit in order to use it as bait. "

Using
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th March 2020, 7:24 pm

Gobukim would listen to him and watch as he seemed to be inspired with the bucket thing he was making being much better than the raw materials indicated. This was because Gobukime this instance was very much synchronized with the idea of crafting a bucket though inwardly he knew that this was a rare creation that probably wasn't going to turn as good as it did at the current moment. Still Gobukim was amazed by this as in her eyes buckets were the type of item she had never seen before and that made the shoddy explanation for the other idea so weird. She didn't really understand it but she figured it would be something that would be better of understood in a practical way.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th March 2020, 7:45 pm

"Okay, now that we got the bucket, only a few more things. We first need a barbed spring trap, we can use the remaining sticky sap and find some sharp barbs to spring and stick to the creature once it sets off. Then we need to find some fruit to bait the creature. So in the meantime, lets try to split the work ok? I'll look for the barbs and you look for the fruit. I can use some of the remaining bark to make a wooden clamp so that I won't hurt myself touching the barbs. "

He did wish he had some sort of signal for her in order to explain that the other was in danger. Maybe he would make her something special next time since she doesn't like talking?

"Well anyway, I'll get to work. Try to stay close enough while looking for berries so I can reach you, ok?"

Crafting for wooden clamp, using two bark
Then looking for barbs

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th March 2020, 9:04 pm

Their search would take them deeper into the great forest however while Gobukime was unsuccessful in making the claim he had in mind, he would instead find something glinting on the ground. If he bent to inspect it closely he would see that it was what seemed to be a gauntlet with it being bigger than what he could wear but luckily they came with a strap so if he put it on it would fit. What a lucky find, though he would hear frantic running towards him after he picked it up and if he looked up he would see Gobukim running with an expression of fear on her face. Just a few seconds latter a Human would emerge from the brush wielding a sword and would slow a bit noticing that there were two goblins rather than the one he was initially chasing. Still the Human Swordsman didn't falter and would ready himself before carefully walking towards the pair with his sword raised.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th March 2020, 10:23 pm

"Kim!"

Taking her hand, they would start to head off in the tall grass in order to sneak away from the human. They still had their items that they made and found, so even trying to call it a day from here was worth it more than getting Kim hurt.

-attempt to sneak away in tall grass
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th March 2020, 11:04 pm

Unfortunately they would try to sneak away as a slow pace rather than just running away at full speed, this would cause the human warrior to think that they wanted to be followed and wary of a trap would pause and wait to see if they would come back. Still they didn't intend on doing that and after getting to a far enough distance Gobukim would pull on Gobukime's hand so that they could speed up and head back home.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th March 2020, 11:28 pm

After running away, GobuKime along with Kim decided to head on back to the goblin cave. That much was a close call, and they were quite thankful to escape anything like encountering a human.

"Never met a human before, they seem scary..."

Gobukime and co exits
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th March 2020, 6:45 pm

Gobukime would head towards the Goblin cave though there seemed to be a group waiting for him to return, they wouldn't explain anything but they would follow him back inside the goblin cave while looking at him meaningfully. While he was out it seemed that a massive shift had occurred in the goblin cave while him and Gobukim were out, gobo's were splitting into factions and he himself had just become one of them..

(The next time you post in this topic will be tomorrow, unless you decide to go out again at night)
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime10th April 2020, 1:12 pm

"OK, now that we are here, let's work together in order to get what we need. So first off, I need someone to get me a little more bark to make some sharp sticks. I already got three. We also need to either dig a hole or find a nice pit in order to place some leaves over to disguise it. It has to be enough to support the bait. So right now, we need to find that hole or dig one, does anyone know a decent hole before we start digging. Because if not that, if three bark is enough, we just need a sharp rock to make them pointy and the leaves and some good smelling fruit. It doesn't even have to taste that good, as long as the smell is attractive. "

After that, Kime folded his arms and tipped his helmet.

"So who wants which assignment?"
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th April 2020, 4:03 pm

Gobutim would be the first to head out and he would manage to be successful in finding some bark, whereas Gobugax would find a portion of ground that seemed to have been previously dug up some distance away. As a result the group would move farther in the forest heading to the north where Gobugax had seen the dirt, along the way Gobuzera wouldn't manage to find anything fruit related unfortunately whereas Gobugax would try to dig at the dirt but didn't seem to be doing that well.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th April 2020, 7:02 pm

"Hmm...... I seem to have a solution to your problem.  I know you all have your assignments, but take a good look as to what i'm doing. This is how you craft tool, it might be easier for us in the long run."  

Taking some extra wood, Kime would start to  use the extra bark he already had  and the sharp rock to carve in order to make a wood grain shovel. Upon the possibility that his crafting was successful, he would give Gobugax the shovel to continue to dig it out.

"Ok, job switch. Tim, you seem good at finding stuff, I need big leaves to cover the hole. And Zera, don't fret. Maybe carving is your thing? Can you use this rock to shapen the rest of the bark into had skewers? Im going to use the sticky sap and some vines to  go down and make the  skewers stick. But with our combined efforts, we should be alright. In the meantime, I'll try to look for the fruit. "

-trying to craft a wood grain shovel
-  Looking for fruit
- assigned new tasks for everyone else
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th April 2020, 8:46 pm

Gobukime would manage to make the shovel out of the tree bark it wasn't that good but it would work good enough for what he needed it for, either way when Gobugax dug up the hole he would see that it was occupied by what seemed to be the rotting corpse of a Greater Horned Rabbit. Seems like whoever dug this hole before had placed a greater horned rabbit in it but judging by the fact that the hole collapsed it couldn't escape and thus died of suffocation. It was a shame and Gobugax would look at it before drooling a bit as he was hungry and despite the horrible rotting smell he was willing to eat it. meanwhile Gobuzera wouldn't manage to carve either just making the stick she was given more flimsy. Gobukime would manage to find some sweet smelling fruit however and when he returned he would see the group around what they had found.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th April 2020, 9:03 pm

"Huh?! Don't eat that! You need to save yourself from getting sick!"

Kime would say with an authoritative declaration.

"I won't budge on this, that food will get you really Gobusick, and you'll be in the bushes for days puking it out. The meat is bad, so we won't use that. But If you are really hungry you can clean the meat off the bones and we can use the bones to make a broth. I'll be some kind of soup, but it's better than getting sick. As for the meat, maybe we can use it as bait to fish? It's not as if fish can smell right? But the smell of rotten might mess with the good berry smell, we have to get it out of this particular area so it doesn't alarm any other horned rabbits. "

Kime was trying to be the voice of reason as he used the fruit and the leaves in order to set up the pitfall trap that they could utilize.

"You guys are doing fine, this is the climax. It pays off today and we can collect the catch and reset the trap. If we reset the traps all around here it's a gobu-guarantee that we can hunt without too much danger to ourselves. "

Taking his bucket and putting it over the rotten meat, Kime used it to cover the smell in order to stop it from messing up his plan. After setting up the pit fall, he told everyone to sneak in the bushes an get their makeshift weapons ready. With the monster falling in the trap, a big ambush is all they needed to finish the job.

Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime12th April 2020, 3:56 am

Gobugax would frown, not really understanding why Gobukime was acting like that, he didn't really believe him and would try to prove it, after digging out the rotting corpse, by reaching out and scooping some of the rotten meat before putting it in his mouth. He didn't feel any different in fact the rotten parts tasted pretty darn good causing him to smile happily before pointing at Gobukime. "hehe, it's okay to eat the rotten parts too, tastes yum yum." Gobugax said while both Gobutim & Gobuzera would make a face at his gross antics, they for sure weren't trying to eat any of that rotten meat and fortunately Gobukime would put an end to it by placing a bucket over the remains. It was a bit of a tight fit fortunately it had been there for a bit and Gobutim would help out a bit by digging a hole to store the parts of the corpse which the bucket wouldn't cover.

Sure enough the group of them would amble away to try and hide in the bushes, though Gobuzera wasn't good at it and would make a bit of noise, still it would seem that the horned Foal they managed to lure with this bait seemed more interested in the sweet smelling fruit that the noises of the Great Forest. Or perhaps with the speed that it galloped it wouldn't notice Gobuzera's poor sneaking, either way it would fall into the pitfall trap before neighing in pain as the sharpened sticks pierced it's flesh. The combination of the fall and the injuries would cause the poor monster to be unable to get out of the hole, which probably meant it was killing time as Gobukime knew that an immobilized monster was the easiest type to kill.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th April 2020, 7:07 am

Kime figured that he would have to scold Gax later. Not to say that Kime was a bossy guy or a tyrant, but he wanted the goblins he was with to have some kind of standards. If they were going to last long, they had to change the way that they thought and acted. But if Gax was ok with it and nothing happened, he could eat the rotten meat if he was really hungry.

"Attack!"

Kime would then ambush the creature with everyone else, holding a thick long club in order to wake the creature on the head to bash it with all his little strength. Hopefully, it would be enough to finish it off so he could bring some food back to kim.

Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th April 2020, 9:39 am

All of the goblins would attack the trapped Horned Foal and with repeated hits eventually it would die considering it couldn't emerge from the pit anyways. Once that was done Gobutim and Gobuzera would reach down to try and lift it out while Gobugax would hold both their loincloths so they wouldn't fall in. Suffice so say after a bit of maneuvering they would manage to pull it out completely, it was a bit mangled from the pointy sticks but that was the con of using traps over killing it yourself, less carving options. Fortunately it wasn't all ruined so a savvy carver could still make use of it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th April 2020, 11:22 am

"Ok, with a bit of carving we could probably still get something good off of the creature. We have the bones of the rotten creature that we can use, the meat has versatility, and we have something fresh. I think we have enough time for one more hunt, I can forage for some more berries and we can try again. Then we can reset the trap and check it first thing in the morning. In the meantime, make sure that you clean the trap alright, I'm sure it has a few more uses."

-goes to look for more fruit as bait to reset the trap
-attemts to reset the trap.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th April 2020, 5:57 pm

Gobukime would manage to find two berries but fortunately he still had one Overipe Fruit left so the combination would probably be enough to serve as a lesser version of his first trap. Sure it was a bit bloody but nothing the use of Lesser Spirit Stones to wash off the pointy sticks couldn't fix and sure enough they were once more waiting for something the stumble upon their trap. Unfortunately this time it wasn't prey that stumbled on it but predator and a Yellow Monkey would drop down from a tree some distance away before ambling its way to the trap. It would fall in and get pierced and would let out a wail of pain but unlike the Horned Foal it would manage to grab the fruit and climb out of the trap due to it's greater mobility in comparison.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th April 2020, 7:25 pm

At the moment, it was a prey and there was a chance that it could cause a lot more trouble than they would think. However, the yellow monkey was injured and there was a chance that if they exploited the monkey's injury, they could beat it.

"Ambush!"

Jumping out of the bushes in order to lead the charge, Gobukime did something that most people would least respect. Using his horned rabbit helmet, he would bash his helmet's horn right into the pierced wound of the yellow monkey. While using that helmet as a bashing weapon and a way to protect himself he would try to club out the monkey's kneecaps.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime13th April 2020, 11:39 pm

Gobukime's attack was bold and more importantly lethal if done a bit sloppily the horn would penetrate the Yellow Monkey's body and it would screech with pain before slumping to the ground dead as the horn penetrated all the way to the other side of it's body. All the other Goblins would look at Gobukime with respect as that attack was really reckless and yet it had been quite successful Gobuzera actually being thankful that she hadn't decided to join her twin Gobusera in following Gobuhaio. Not only was Gobukime smart he was resourceful and had an effortless cool.

Spoiler:
[/spoiler]
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th April 2020, 12:28 am

"Ok, so here's the plan. Let's make some stew! Ok? It would have to take a bit of patience but gather some bark along the way for me to make the bowls. Then I'll need something I can shape into a pot, preferably made of metal. We would have the fire running anyway so if I don't finish in time, we can split the meat evenly with our group and leave some to the side for the goblins that are really hungry. It's dangerous to go outside all of the time, it's ok to help if we can spare it."

With that, he started to head home to collect some bark and make a deal with some of the other mining goblins if they couldn't find a cauldron of their own.

"lets go home!"

- Collects some bark along
- Hides the trap with some leaves *just so it doesn't get damaged or messed with*
- makes markings so he can retrace where the trap is.
-exit afterwards
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th April 2020, 1:39 am

Unfortunately Gobukime was unable to find any bark on his way home, but he was fortunate enough to conceal the trap with some leaves and he would note that the trap was set in the Northern part of the Great Forest without any deviations to the East or West. The other goblins would each carry some of their spoils, with Gobugax doing his best to carry the rotting corpse of the Greater Horned Rabbit, though only after taking a couple of bites out of it to lighten it a bit. Gobutim & Gobuzera would work together to carry the horned foal while leaving the yellow monkey for Gobukime to take with him back to their Den.

-------------------The Next Time this topic is joined it will be Day 5 or the Night of Day 4--------------
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gobukime's Journey   Gobukime's Journey - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gobukime's Journey
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2