Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Empty
PostSubject: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime29th April 2017, 3:35 pm

With all of his injuries fully healed and whatnot, Enzo was ready for his next match. "Man, that Alyssa chick nearly took my arm off. " Enzo would say as he performed hand signs at B rank speeds in order to get the wind sensory up. That's all he needed for the time being as he walked in and took a stance. "Alright, I think I'll be ok. I just have to stick to my strengths. "

Enzo felt he was getting at least a little better, so he hoped he could pull through with another win.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime29th April 2017, 3:44 pm

Minerva was up next, it would seem. She fixed her hair so that it her bang covered her missing eye completely and made sure her armor was okay. She nodded as she found herself to be presentable and entered the arena, her head held high and a friendly smile upon her face. She walked until she was about 25ft from Enzo, close enough so that they could hear each other, but far enough so that each would have enough space to dodge attacks should any be thrown. The slight breeze made her crimson colored hair flutter a bit and her chocolate brown eye was warm and inviting. As she came to a stop, she held both of her gauntleted hand aloft in a sign of peace "I know we are meant to be fighting, but I hate to enter a battle such as this without first knowing my opponent." She let her hands drop, her smile never wavering "It is one thing to jump right in on the battle field where death can be assured, but here there is no real threat to our lives. I would appreciate it very much if we could take a few moments to talk." Her hands folded in front of her as she spoke, her bright and cheery voice carrying loud enough for Enzo to hear her sincerity "I will start. I am Minerva Rikigaku, born within the Land of Ash, Genin of Dipugakure and Student to the Sannin Summer Osuna. You are?"
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime29th April 2017, 4:11 pm

So she stopped as far as she did, which wasn't anything new to Enzo. The fight didn't start yet, and he didn't want to necessarily jump the gun, it would be a bit unfair. It wasn't like they were out on the street, this was the ultimate chunin exam that transcends all sense of time. In a way, Enzo might not even be the only time traveler in this exam, there might be some people from the present or future as well. "Knowing your opponent huh? You're a bit different from everyone else, and here I thought I was the one that spoke a lot. "

She introduced herself, and that didn't necessarily mean that Enzo had t do the sam. However, it didn't necessarily matter to the result. With fame, people would know who you were regardless. "Enzo Bakuhatsu,  from Hakagakure. Apprentice from Himiko zakiyoshi..and in this case... amateur time traveler. You too if you are able to find yourself here. My ninja way is eternal gratitude! Finding new ways to appreciate the life I live as a ninja!" He knew that she couldn't see, but Enzo showed her his neck tattoo with the kanji that spelled gratitude anyway."Do you have a nindo?" Enzo would say as he cracked his knuckles.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime29th April 2017, 4:24 pm

Minerva squinted to see the kanji, but her smile became brighter when she was able to make it out "That is a rather inspiring creed to go by...always being thankful for life..." Her smile became a bit sad as she thought about it and spoke again "I'm afraid I don't share your nindo. I have been through things in life that I cannot necessarily say I am thankful for. These events have brought me here and made me who I am today, gave me my friends, but there is not a day that goes by where I don't wish that things had been different..." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, calming her emotions and returning a small smile to her lips.

"My hardships have inspired my nindo, however. Protect all that you hold dear, all that deserves protecting, with all that you are. I would give my life to protect my teammates, my sensei and my village. Mine is a love that runs deep, one that is born of knowing loss and then finding something to hold onto once more." Her voice had grown a bit soft and whimsical as she thought of her teammates, Kori and Audra, and how they all meant so much to each other. It brightened her heart to know that there were people out there that she could trust with her life, her very being. Thinking on that, she looked at Enzo quizzically "Do you have a team, Time Traveler Enzo? Or friends that you are close to?"
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime29th April 2017, 5:22 pm

"Maybe I'm a little selfish, but I don't think it's noble to dedicate your life to sacrificing it to others. I understand being good to your friends and loved ones, but with these hardships, what good is going through them if you are unable to live through them? I guess the secret to that is being strong enough to do that, or smart enough, or both. "When thought about his team, the first thing he adressed was the nickname. "No, i dont travel time for real, that's not...forget that part. "Maybe Enzo was the only one that realized the universal chunin tourmenent jumped timelines? "

"Besides family, nothing too immediate. An average sense of caring, for family, that's about it. I have a team but, i dont feel all that particularly close to them. Not really.... but i guess that happens too."Enzo just couldnt connect with them, not yet anyway. "Anyway, you ready? I know you didnt come here to hear about my life story. "
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime29th April 2017, 5:53 pm

Minerva smiled and shook her head a bit "I would actually like to hear your story, if you are willing to tell me. But if not, would you spare me but a few more minutes in order to hear my own?" She asked, her single visible eye a bit pleading as she did so. She assumed he would let her continue, since he didn't seem like the kind to be rude enough to interrupt her or attack whilst she was speaking, though looks can be deceiving "Like I said, I was born in the Land of Ash. If you didn't know, that lies directly within Pandora's Empire. My family made the mistake of settling there and paid dearly for it. My mother, my father and myself were taken as slaves when I was about three years old. It was mostly all I knew..."

"We were sold into the same household, I suppose that was a blessing and a kindness. I would see my parents almost everyday and cry for them. I was beaten and they were punished as well for not keeping me in check. It was a long and hard time, truly." Her eye became a bit cloudy as she spoke of the time, getting lost in her own memories "Years went by. I was trained to be a servant girl, bringing my master his meals and such in his chambers or sending messages to guards about rotations. I was only beaten when I slipped up, so I learned very quickly not to slip up. However, the day came when I did and it was catastrophic." A single tear slipped from her eye, but it seemed as if she had barely noticed, simply continuing on with her story in a mechanical fashion "I was carrying a tray of beverages, usually much too heavy for a little girl, but I am a Ronin. Gifted with a strength that my masters used to their greatest advantage. Mostly to lift heavy things as it were. I turned down a hallway at the wrong moment and bumped into a guard. The drinks spilled over him and he was furious. He dragged me away to a dark room and...and..." She took a deep breath "They tortured me. For days I was blindfolded and they put me through pain unimaginable. It lasted for a span of time I couldn't come to measure, and it all ended in the worst thing of all. They took my eye. I screamed until my throat was raw and then I screamed more. The pain was unbearable, it felt as though someone had shoved a searing hot blade right through my skull and refused to remove it. They tossed me in a dark room where I stayed for I don't know how long. I believe they had left me there to die, but an angel was my saving grace. Amina Rikigaku, my foster mother, had raided the place with a contingent of shinobi. She freed me and took me with her, raising me to this day."

Minerva closed her good eye and wiped her tear away, taking a stilling breath in order to keep her emotions in check better. She looked at him once more with a sheepish smile "I was hoping that we could be friends after this...that's why I've told you my story. It also explains my way. I have known loss and now I live to protect the ones I love and cherish from a fate like my own or my parents'. I think you are a healthy kind of selfish, a normal kind. Someone that wants the best for themselves but won't trample on others to get it, and that's okay. I am simply overly selfless, wanting everyone around me to be happy and putting their needs before my own. I can accept that, and I am happy with that. So long as they are happy." She nodded and felt her heart warming, knowing that her words were true "You may share your story if you wish, but if not..." A wisp of smoke swirled around her hand as a katana appeared there, the girl squeezing her hand about it more for comfort than anything else "May this match be one to put all others to shame!" Her smile was bright once more as she looked at him, no matter his response to her words. He knew her and she knew him a bit, she was comfortable with going further either way.
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime30th April 2017, 2:14 am

She would have to forgive him for being so speechless, but she had quite the sad story. Enzo had nothing of the sort, nothing at all that he could possibly uses as comparison. He didn't understand her misery and sorrow, it was something out of aheroes background or something. "You been though all that, and still managed to find some hope for yourself. For a person that was left in the darkness for so long, it didnt manage to stain your heart. Maybe that's a good trait to have afterall? "

What could he say to her after all of that?" My life is uneventful, born from merchant parents. I ust sho happened to be the heir of the bakuhatsu clan. I wanted something different besides sitting down and getting rich. I always thought i'd just quit if i didnt make it anywhere, i mean my parents were somewhat normal anyway. " Enzo then put his hands in his pocket. "However, hearing that you didnt give up after all that happened to you, maybe it's stupid of me to say that. " Enzo then started to jump up and down.

"Here i come Minerva, hope youre ready!" Enzo would say as he started off in a light jog at b rank speeds, attempting to atleast close the gap by 15 meters for them to be 10 feet away.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime30th April 2017, 12:07 pm

Minerva smiled as she heard his story "You had a comfortable life that could've brought you much happiness and ease, and yet you chose to work hard for your success and standing. I admire that. I feel honored to be able to fight someone such as you on this day." She said after he had finished telling his story and started jumping up and down. As he rushed her, she would push backwards away from him, though with B-Rank Strength rather than her innate speed. This pushed her backwards 15ft at B-Rank+ Speeds, carrying her away from him faster than he could close the gap, keeping the 25ft distance between them. She had been examining his demeanor this entire time, but her analysis was not complete. Just a few more moments....
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime3rd May 2017, 8:03 pm

"Ahh.. you are definitely not going to make this easy for me. "Whatever reason why she's spacing, Enzo knew that it couldn't be good. He didn't trust it too much, the fact that she kept trying to avoid him. Either way, Enzo needed to start off strong. Before Minerva knew it, with her strong observation skills of paying close attention to Enzo and moving back to avoid him, her moving back would start to transition into her falling down into a deep rabbit hole, as if the floor just crumbled and disappeared under her feet.

In reality, she would probably be flailing around for a while as enzo continued the pursuit to cover 15 feet once more while dragging his hands on the floor to morph two sets of kunai and two sets of shuriken tossing them at the girls legs to deal two C rank and 2 d ranks of hybrid damage, thrown at B rank speed. Because of the size of the projectiles, [each is a foot long] it could travel 4 times the distance up to 60 feet in 1 p.t, giving it a good chance to reach her. The match just started, but he only wanted to get some damage on and get close enough to use his taijutsu, thats's when enzo really shined. "Hope this is enough..." He said in his mind as he continued his pursut.

used
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime4th May 2017, 5:31 pm

Minerva felt the floor drop from beneath her feet, though she was a Ronin. Genjutsu was a very intimate affair with her kind and she could feel the effects of the illusion on her. She would tap into the connection forged between their two bodies in order to apply her own Genjutsu to the young Bakuhatsu, not only causing him to fall into a bottomless pit, but also clouding his vision with a massive number of hummingbirds, upsetting his actions and leaving him wide open for the girl's own assault That was a very good try, she thought to herself But I am afraid I will have to finish this quickly, out of respect. I hope we may still be friends...

Using the opening and the information she had gathered from her examinations, she matched her breathing to his own, synched the minor mechanizations of her form to that of her opponent's. Even if he were able to break from her Genjutsu, she would vanish to not only his sight, but his sense of hearing, touch and smell as well, with touch extending even to his ability to sense the displacement of wind granted by his rather useful release. Feeling the drain on her reserves to enact this, she closed the distance by pushing off with her B-Rank Strength to close the gap between them at B-Rank+ Speed. Rather than getting within his space and revealing herself, she would stop a mere 2ft away from him and launch into her strongest technique "Roar..." She spoke with a quiet yet determined voice, even though her opponent couldn't hear her "Leaf Dragon God..." She spun on her heel in a clockwise motion with B-Rank+ Speed from her earlier movement and B-Rank Strength, whipping up a tornado that Enzo would be fully capable of seeing, should he have found a way to escape her Ronin empowered Genjutsu. The tornado formed into a dragon with long whiskers, the dragon opening it's maw to swallow the boy hole and finish this fight moments after it had begun.

Summary:
Genjutsu:
Trackless Step:
Strong Fist:
Back to top Go down
Jinnouchi

Jinnouchi

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime4th May 2017, 10:36 pm

The overwhelming combo was too much for Enzo to take, not necessarily knowing that she could just turn it around like that. It was all pretty sudden, and she honestly did trick him. But it didn't matter, it was Enzo's fault for trusting her in the first place. He didn't like to be paranoid, but this tournament was probably full of dishonest people. "......" there was no time to think about it anyway, taking the full brunt of the attack and being cut off by all of his sensory. Afterwards, Enzo lost consciousness due to the damage he took.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"   Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time Gap Tournament [Minerva Vs Enzo] Score" 1-2"
Page 1 of 1