Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Meeting of Ice and Armour

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

Meeting of Ice and Armour Empty
PostSubject: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime19th October 2016, 10:09 am

Kori had spent the morning pouting, having fussed over her little sister too much for her outfit, having made a few little adjustments to the sizing and patterns. But she was still a newbie, and after having a smack to the back of her head, their mother had told the eldest daughter off for keeping Yuki waiting for something so 'silly'. "... It's not silly," She muttered under her breath, walking through the bunch of people whilst trying to recall the way to the mission hall through the clothing district so she could look at new patterns and outfits. All really just to distract herself from the coming meeting with her new team, after the last had been advanced in rank beyond the need for a team and left the still genin Kori in need of both new partners, and teacher. She couldn't help but be a little jealous, with how goofy Yuki's partners were she figured they'd most likely advance together at least at first and stay close, Kori never got that chance. "... stupid Kori... everything will be fine," If anything, at least her newest creation was fitting her like a glove; easy to move in... and dammit if she didn't find it cute. Not that she'd admit that to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime24th October 2016, 2:47 pm

Minerva had spent quite some time this morning trying to decide what to wear for today. She was meeting her teammate and maybe their mentor today. She had to give the best impression. She had tried a pair of bike shorts with a short sleeved shirt, but it didn't really feel all that comfortable. She changed into a pencil skirt and a sweater, but that felt completely unnatural. She then found herself in a plaid skirt and a button-down crop top, but she didn't have the figure to really fill out the get up. Yet. She just decided on a plain black skirt and chest armor, with an ornate manica-like armguard over her right arm. The other was bare, save for a golden bracelet wrapped about her bicep. She wore greaves to pull the semi-armored look together before examining herself in the mirror. She moved her bang over her eye patch and nodded before turning to her door. She had everything she might need in her Armory, so she didn't need to double check anything. She left her home and shut the door firmly before making her way to the mission hall. She had to walk through the clothing district, as her house was right on the edge of it, so she was pushing through the same throng of people as her soon to be teammate. Not that she knew that. She was caught in thoughts of how they would be like when she heard a mumbled "... stupid Kori... everything will be fine,". Her head snapped up and she looked around a bit frantically. Kori Kuroshio....that is the name of my new teammate.... She looked about for the origin of the voice and saw a girl with pure white hair walking away from her. She was in direction of where the voice had originated, so she was a good guess. Minerva reached out and gently tapped the girl's shoulder, waiting for her to turn around before speaking "Are you Kori? Kori Kuroshio? I couldn't help but hear you mumble...." She realized how....incredibly stalker-ish that sounded and cut her thought short "I am Minerva. Minerva Rikigaku. I am your teammate!"
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime24th October 2016, 3:06 pm

Kori stiffened up as she heard her name spoken, her full name even, and not from a familiar voice. She turned quickly to find the source, looking at and passed Minerva at first, before looking right back on to her. "Min... Minerva?" She repeated, trying in part just to search her memories. Whilst she had never met this Minerva before, it did take her a moment to remember just what her plans for that day had been. "Minerva?! Oh dammit Kori. I'm sorry, I... I completely forgot we were supposed to be meeting today," She began to apologise, including her own little comment to herself. "I... ok, as sorry as I can I gotta say I do love the choice in clothing, the whole style definitely looks like it suits you," She might not have been anything more than an amateur, but she did at least have a little of an eye for designs. "It's feminine, yet tough, but I'm also guessing that eye patch under your bangs means something?"
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime24th October 2016, 3:26 pm

Minerva gave a little smile as the other girl complimented her choice of attire. She wanted to impress and she was glad it was working. Her smile faded a bit as her eye patch was mentioned, the red head smoothing her bang over it a bit self-consciously in order to try and hide it better "It's fine if you forgot, people forget things some times. And um...I lost my eye in an accident when I was younger..." She kind of trailed off a bit, not really knowing how to continue the conversation after saying that. She never knew how to get around talking about her eye, so she decided to back track. She cleared her throat a bit and her smile regained some of its luster "I try to mix femininity with protection when it comes to my armor. So I get looks like this most of the time. I really like it." She nodded to herself before motioning to Kori's own attire "And I love what you're wearing, very cute. Did you buy it or did you make it yourself?" Minerva thought that Kori looked like the type to make her own clothing, so it was a fitting question.
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime24th October 2016, 3:34 pm

Kori was easily distracted from the eye patch, not that she would have continued on speaking about it anyway. "Oh, I made this myself actually." She gave a slight twirl as if to model it that much better. "But I'm guessing but your choice of words that you at least modify your own? That's super awesome." She flinched and froze at her own words, blushing just a little that showed up clearly on her pale white skin, "Dammit Kori, stop sounding like such a dweeb," She then cleared her throat, temporarily hiding her face with her hand. "But still, that's pretty cool to be paired together if we make our own gear."
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime24th October 2016, 4:18 pm

"You say 'Dammit Kori' quite often. I believe that would be considered your catchphrase." Minerva chuckled a bit at her teammate and her silliness, finding her teammate absolutely adorable. She thought she would like their new team, all she needed to do was meet her other teammate and their sensei. Her and Kori were going to get along swimmingly, though "But yes, I modify and sometimes make my clothing. I actually made this skirt." Minerva did a turn around for Kori. She wasn't that much of a girlie girl, so a twirl was out of the question "I have a number of things that I have altered or made but they're at home or otherwise not on me. I think we'll make a good team, don't you? Our personalities don't seem to clash and we're getting along well enough. This should be a good pairing...Well trio once our other member shows up."
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime24th October 2016, 4:39 pm

Kori was only more embarrassed by Minerva's pointing out her habitual speaking to herself, and that she had only done so in terms of telling herself off so far. "That's... I just have a habit of speaking to myself. I can be a little dumb sometimes so yeah, I do say that a little more than I should though so I should probably work on it," She rubbed the back of her head, whilst looking over Minerva once again. "Gotta say I love your work, I'd definitely love to see what else you have, even if we weren't team mates, and maybe you can show me some techniques cause I'm really not too great right now. But anyway, do you know anything more about our team? I mean to be honest I've not been told anything, besides hearing your name in passing."
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime30th October 2016, 9:25 pm

Minerva nodded at the other's comments "I do believe we are teammates so we will have ample time to share our creations as well as fashion tips. As for our other teammate, I have done a good amount of research. Her name is Audra Zakiyoshi, and she is my age and a few inches shorter than you. I don't know her weight, unfortunately. She graduated to the rank of Genin quite some time ago, but hasn't been placed in a team yet. It was assumed that the reason for that being a special ability she has. She brings rain to whatever area she's in, leading most people to believe she is bad luck." She opened her hand and a notebook appeared in it with a swirl of smoke. Minerva flipped through the books pages before snapping it closed, the book disappearing the same way it had appeared "That is all the information I could find on her. I, personally, believe that her 'bad luck' is simply superstition. In fact, it can come in handy since she is a Water Release user. You two could make a fearsome combo, bombarding enemies with your attacks while I dispatch them with good ol' swordplay." She smiled at the thought of how well her team could go together. Especially if they were placed under the tutelage of a competent sensei. They would grow to be strong, she could just tell.

As Minerva had spoken, the sky had taken on a darker hue. Clouds rolled in from nowhere, blocking away the sun and causing those around the duo to look up in curiosity. Rain began to fall from the sky in a light shower, with people around them moving to cover their heads. A few people moved about like nothing was out of the ordinary, this was to be expected as rain was expected in Dipu. Minerva summoned an umbrella, pulling Kori underneath in order to keep the other female dry. Minerva looked around for anyone out of the ordinary, being careful not to move the umbrella from over Kori. Minerva's eyes landed on a girl that parted the crowd as easily as a boulder parted a river. Everyone seemed to be wary of her, and Minerva could tell why. She gave off a slightly intimidating aura, though Minerva sensed more sadness than anything. The girl held a pink frilly umbrella that contrasted with the deep blue of her hair and clothing. Minerva knew the girl had noticed them as well when she stopped directly in front of them. Minerva had made to open her mouth, but the girl spoke first "You are Minerva Rikigaku and Kori Kuroshio-sama, correct?" Her voice was small and filled with an undeniable sadness. It shook Minerva to her very core, so much so that the use of the honorific on her teammate's name didn't even register "Audra is pleased to meet you. It would appear that we are teammates. Audra has seen you both around the village..." She blushed at this and lapsed into a silence that lasted for a long while, with Minerva deciding to break the silence "I am Minerva and this is Kori, yes. It is a pleasure to meet you Audra, I look forward to working with you." Minerva wanted nothing more than to pull the girl into a hug, but she settled for stretching her arm out for a handshake. The bluenette accepted and shook, her eyes flicking from Minerva's face to her hand. It looked as if she was pointedly trying to avoid eye contact with Kori. Minerva looked to the white haired female under her umbrella with an eyebrow raised.
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime31st October 2016, 4:36 am

"A Zakiyoshi? Guess that means we're covered for water then," Kori repeated, if only as it seemed to mentally note that back to herself. She watched with a little awe as the notebook suddenly appeared in Minerva's hand, falling to the assumption that it was related to whatever it is she could do. "See, I'm kinda curious what that little book there has on me cause I'm not exactly the biggest people person and sharing with just any... one," She trailed off when the rain began to fall. Nothing exactly new to her, but what was new was Minerva pulling her under the share the umbrella which again seemed to come from nowhere. She looked out at the parting crowd, eyes flicking back to Minerva every few seconds, before her eyes stayed upon the girl who people seemed to be avoiding. She felt a little stunned at first as she was realising this rain was being caused by the girl, and was reaching into her mind just to find something to say first. With Audra speaking first, it came a little easier. "Oh, yeah, I'm Kori. Please... just Kori." She didn't even notice how it was only her that got the honorific. Kori herself wasn't exactly much less awkward, falling into conversation seemed easier with Minerva, but not Audra.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime18th January 2017, 9:59 pm

Minerva gave Kori a little smile, deciding to mollify any fears she had before addressing the girl again "It just has basic information. Your name, clan and age. And the fact that you have a younger sister. Things that could be found out without having to pry too deep. Sorry if it seems as if I have invaded your privacy." Audra looked between the two, her eyes flicking back and forth. They seemed to linger on Kori more than they did Minerva, though they moved away seconds before it could be considered staring. Minerva turned to Audra and searched the girl's face for a moment. She seemed like a sweet girl and the fact that she had a small crush on Kori was starting to make itself known.

Minerva decided to cut down on the awkwardness a bit with a bit of practical conversation "Before we get to team bonding, I think we should discuss our combat capabilities. It will allow me to figure out what combinations of our skills would be best." She looked around, noting the rain and decided this wouldn't be the best place to have their talk "Before even that, we need to find somewhere....drier to talk. Good thing I know a place. Follow me." She motioned to Kori to follow and moved so that the girl would still be under the umbrella if she followed. Audra tailed behind the two quietly and they all walked in silence. Soon enough they were entering a little café and Minerva's umbrella disappeared in a whirl of smoke. Audra's was folded up and sat by the door and the redhead settled into a booth by a window, the bluenette moving to sit opposite her. Once Kori had taken a seat Minerva would smile "Who wants to go first?"
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime22nd January 2017, 9:27 am

Kori wouldn't even notice Audra's looks and staring, too preoccupied in just being lost in her mind being so close to Minerva under that umbrella. "Erm, I... guess that's not too bad then," She muttered. As Minerva was moving away however she showed she hadn't quite been paying attention as she looked between both umbrella holders trying to find an answer as to why they were suddenly moving, but quickly worked out just where as there was the cafe not too far away and directly in their line of sight. She said little more as they stopped over and in, following Minerva to the booth and sliding in besides her, with Audra going opposite. "I can! ... erm... go first I mean," She was trying not to be flustered but she wasn't the most successful. "So... I might not carry the name exactly but I'm from the Toketsu clan. Which means ice. I have some water abilities but they're not be forte. I'm also... well I excell in my clan's use of the Demonic Mirror technique line," She fished her hand through her bad and picked out a small rectangular slate of a mirror, with a Y etched in to the top. "I... hope I can make one for you both soon then if we're to be team mates. I developed a way to link this to one I gave to my sister so we can communicate. Including," she trailed off tapping the mirror once, "Hey Yuki, sorry I'm just showing the mirr- ow did you just hit me!" Her finger having phased through the mirror as something obviously happened on the other side, causing her to stop the technique and retract her finger. "Erm... y-yeah. I can't do much because they're so small but they do allow communication. Oh... and I'm an archer."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Ice and Armour   Meeting of Ice and Armour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting of Ice and Armour
Page 1 of 1