Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training Empty
PostSubject: Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training   Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training Icon_minitime10th October 2016, 8:40 pm

Training: Very High Water Affinity: 2k Required

“Kori, why’re you so dumb?” Kori spoke to herself as she’d pricked her fingers far too much whilst trying to learn to sew. She could patch things up if her own or her little sisters clothes got any rips or anything, but she had wanted to learn to make things properly, making some more use besides her abilities. In a rare fit of anger she tossed the bundle of cloth against the wall of her room, too frustrated to continue, whilst also knowing the more she tried, the more the cloth would need cleaning due to how often she pricked herself. Scrambling up and dressing herself, after dressing the small wounds she’d self inflicted, she left her room. “Yuki you here? C’mon little sis’ you better not be playing hide and seek with me again cause you know I own that sorta thing. … unless you broke the mirrors again in which case we’re gonna be in trouble and then I’m just gonna blame you cause let’s face it I’m the one with the mirrors around here and I promised you I’d stop jumping out to scare you when we started at the academy.” She called out into the silence, wondering if her sister was around to possibly do some shared practise, , but getting no response she would give a loud groan, normally too embarrassed to make such a noise but she was alone. But just in case, “Ok, maybe that one time after the body switching lesson we all had but c’mon, I didn’t mean to spook you I told you I just sorta got stuck and came out of the wrong mirror. Totally not my fault,” Even then she still embarrassed herself. “… definitely dumb Kori,” She muttered again and went to leave, until she had a voice coming back.

"Mirrors are totally cheating though! And I wouldn't break them! And totally your fault! I thought you knew what mirrors to go through!" She called back arms crossed and pouting, huffing out a sigh. "..Besides... those mirrors are in all the good hiding spots... What are you doing anyway?" Yuki hobbled over to Kori and noticing the bandaging covering her sister's fingers. "Did you hurt yourself? What did you do?" It was more than obvious she was concerned over her sibling's wellbeing, her tone and constant attention to Kori's hands were more than enough to show that clearer than any crystal.

“I was… learning to sow again. Alright?” Kori answered with a slight blush, with it never quite being something she could get to admitting even to her sister. “A-Anyway it’s fine, I was just heading outside to get a little practice done. Y’know, shoot the old arrows.” As she spoke she was miming her bow firing actions. “Chuunin exams are coming up pretty soon again, and seeing last years kinda got me pumped up. Like… there was that singing lady and that fast guy with the sword who I swear has a butt fetish or something with the way he won that fight.”

"Oh...yeah the exams..." Yuki shyly held onto her arms. "I'm not really good with fighting or anything like you are so I'm kind of scared of the exams...." She sighed. "I should probably practice too though... I can only do my best, right? If anything, I can help you with your mirrors so you don't accidentally hop out of the wrong one again during the exams."

“One time Yuki! It happened one… eight times,” Kori answered her back, getting all the more flustered. “B-But it’s not happened recently. I mean I’ve even upped my speed with the Wonderland technique I’ve been practising. And then there’s the whole firing shots into one mirror and it comes out another. C’mon, that’s some next level jutsu.” She was bragging a little she knew, but she wasn’t exactly close to anyone else but her sister, all but going into the coming exams alone she realised with her team only being temporary and there ‘for experience’. “… at least you’ve got a real team though.” She took a few strides closer, “Maybe go hang out with them some time instead of bugging your big sister,” She would tease.

"Mu terrifies me and Occam's always so serious. There's a lot of stress with them. ...Not that I don't enjoy them! They're good people but... I'd rather help you out so you won't have a fluke in the exams and have a better chance in them, if that's okay... I mean if not, I can try to see where those two are. Occam's probably busy studying the competition or working on his sand and Mu....Mu's probably being creepy with his bugs again."

Kori shuddered as she was reminded of her sister’s team mates, but more especially over Mu. “Oh yeah… bugs… cause that really mixes well with our specialities. Bugs, and freezing. Pretty sure we’d win out easily in that fight but y’know, they could be useful.” She put her hand to her sisters head, “Occam sounds like a decent guy though and sounds like he’s preparing. I don’t really need you around today for what I had planned though,”

"Okay… But if you need anything, please let me know okay?" Yuki paused a moment to ponder where exactly Occam and Mu would be. She hadn't been around with them much, so she didn't know too much of places they usually were. "I... Might actually need to go looking for them. I don't actually know where they usually are outside of our team outings... hmm..."

Kori gave a low groan at her sister’s comment on not knowing where her team mates might be, but after a moment it wasn’t too difficult to imagine just that from Yuki. “You should really try and keep track of where they might be. Probably work on some combination stuff.” She would ruffle her younger half’s hair, “I’m nearly worked out how to fix each other. Like… I know you’re learning the Glacial Infusion before me so I figure I’d at least commit something to our shared usage before I devote some time myself,”

Yuki ducked and covered her head under her hands. "Hey! I just kind of met them not too long ago!", she started. "But you're right. I probably should learn of where they may be so it's easier to contact them." She tilted her head to the side, curiosity splashed across her face at the mention of their hidden practice. "Fix... each other..? How?"

Kori smirked wide and lifted her hand, focusing her chakra whilst also exhaling just a little, letting her hand sparkle as tiny particles of ice coated it. “We’re from a clan great with ice, and if we’re making our bodies, at least in part, out of ice, we should learn to repair it. So say… you have her skin iced, you get hurt by fire it’s gonna take a while to fix, but with me around I can fix my little sister up so much faster. And of course I can teach you too as well for when I get the Glacial Infusion process.”

"That sounds amazing Kori! You're so smart!", Yuki said, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I would love to learn that, that way we can both help each other when we really need it!"

Kori smirked and rubbed the back of her head, swearing to herself she was gonna get an enormous ego by the time the two were adults if she kept Yuki looking at her like that. “It just… sorta seems natural to do, y’know? Probably because we’ve been learning the Glacial Infusion or… because we’re from the Toketsu’s or… I dunno I’ve been picking it up pretty quickly. Although maybe that’s because of my ability with crafting ice arrows I can form it easily. Nothing I can’t teach you too though. Speaking of, there’s the rumour that in the last exams there was two brothers on a team, they might’ve been twins, but dammit we could be the better pair than those two by far if we stick together. Besides, with my mirrors and your infusion, we could become an unbeatable pair.”

She glanced up and out towards the window, seeing how the shadows were falling across the outside and telling her how it were already approaching mid-day, later than she’d first intended to get any of her training done. “Just… do me a favour and at least try and do some studying with them. I don’t want my little sister to have to carry her team mates any more than she has to,” She continued with her confidence in her sister, giving her hair another ruffle before stepping past to head off to train.

Perched by the door was her bow, slinging it over her shoulder and stepping out into the cool air. Still warmer than the Toketsu family’s house as the cold air their bodies naturally gave off wasn’t being contained anywhere. The first time Kori met anyone outside of her family had been a little bit of a shock, to find out everyone else was so hot bodied, she wondered how they could stand it to be like that so much.

Looking around outside she still found little evidence of anyone else around, only the targets she’d set up those few weeks ago sodden with moisture and surrounded by puddles of water. The only evidence of her speciality, of her elemental prodigy. Walking over to one such puddle, bare foot, she touched the surface of the water and slowly brought her hand up, only a single finger toughing the water as it followed up into a spike of water before rapidly freezing into a stalagmite of ice, allowed Kori to snap it off. Holding the spike she released her chakra from her palm as it spiralled around the spike, shaping it perfectly into a bundle of three thing arrows before separating perfectly. A smirk crossed her face, wishing sewing was this easy for her, or bringing out the confidence for both herself and Yuki around anyone else than each other.

Spending a moment, she would repeat the same process with another few puddles, giving herself plenty of ice to work with in creating arrows, whilst plotting out in trajectory. “… dammit I kinda wish Yuki were watching now… not gonna lie, a little praise would’ve  been nice,” She commented with a glance back towards their home, wondering briefly whether Yuki had indeed gone to look for her team mates, if she’d gone to do some training or studying of her own, or… anything really. “… dammit Kori, stop being stupid. Focus,” She began to mutter to herself again just to keep herself focused.

Preparing a new arrow, she fixed her eyes on one specific target she was aiming for; nothing. Priming the arrow, drawn back far, she began trying to think of what to make her next target. If there were one advantage, she’d gotten assistance clearing several path ways. With a slight twitch, she marked one such arrow with a seal that would trigger a mirror on the other end of the arrow, and fired. Once her fingers left the ice, her fingers outstretched as she threw chakra forwards, triggering her ice mirrors, creating one right in front of the arrow. She moved quickly from there, pointing out as another mirror formed as the arrow flew out of it after disappearing through the first. Another flick of her hand, and another mirror.  She would create three more sets of mirrors before she made one right in front of her down the end of the pathway, knowing the arrow would be coming. As quickly as she could, she primed another arrow and waiting for the glisten of the arrow, and fired her waiting ice. Mere feet in front of her, the arrows would collide and shatter into dust. If Yuki had been watched at least that last bit, she would have seen Kori smirking, looking on confidently as she watched the arrows smash together. If the eyes remained upon her another few seconds as she placed her bow down, she would collapse to her knees as she began to sweat, a look of fear on her eyes, “… oh god dammit Kori you do not mess up like that again. If you didn’t fire that arrow fast enough that ice was going right between your eyes.” Her hands came up to the bridge of her nose, rubbing the sections by her eyes, the place she’d been working on her own Glacial Infusion. “… dammit Kori, so dumb,”

Wordcount: 2084
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training   Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training Icon_minitime10th October 2016, 8:44 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training   Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training Icon_minitime18th January 2017, 6:05 pm

Learning, req 400:

Kori twirled her fingers together as she formed the correct seal in her palm. She had spent so very, very long in working the Freeze Curse that she was more and more easily gaining the advantages of the higher levels of strength of Curse Mark. However whilst Ice was still pretty easy for her, the over-reliance on Ice had begun to leave her water techniques a little lacking. Thus was the need to for what she called the ‘Douse Curse’, essentially a way in which her Winter Breath could only further be used against her target to cause them to gain hypothermia at a faster rate. She thought that by combining the two Curses she could create, that she could deal some great amounts of damage just by a single tough. A lethal attack that many might not see coming. And all without her mirrors at the end of the day. Having that little extra bit here and there to supplement her abilities, she wanted to be useful.

Sliding her hand back she looked down at the seal she had created in her hand. It seemed perfect in every way, focusing her attention on the Curse she let it release on to herself. As a Toketsu she wouldn’t feel the cold of her own technique at all. As the seal took hold, she felt her whole body shiver, moisture coating ever inch of her skin. In order to test, she would concentrate her cold breath and slowly exhale a fine mist on to her seal marked hand. The moisture gleamed and solidified into the tiniest layer of ice, only then to break and melt once again. The technique was after all designed to soak a person to make them more prone to the cold, not to actually freeze them. No. That was her other Curse.

With that thought in mind, she held out her other hand and formed the Freeze Curse there. It wasn’t exactly easy to do, but she was able to leave it unactivated until clapping her hands together. She instantly regretted that decision. The combination of the Freeze Curse and the Douse Curse made her hands solid, sticking them together briefly. “… oh dammit that is not good,” Kori muttered to herself. She pushed herself off of the old swing set, hardly held together anymore, and slowly began making her way back towards the house. All the while her hands were still stuck together. Poking her head inside, unable to properly open the door without her hands she was about to call out for Yuki or their mother to give her some help. As the Douse Curse wasn’t as strong as the Freeze, the wetness was broken faster. With an embarrassed blush she retreated back to the swing set, thinking what to work on next.

Word count: 467
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training   Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training Icon_minitime18th January 2017, 6:34 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training   Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training Icon_minitime27th January 2017, 9:30 pm

Character Spec Slot: Req. 1k, wordcount: 1085

Inside:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training   Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training Icon_minitime27th January 2017, 9:31 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training   Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kuroshio Home, Kori's Training
Page 1 of 1