Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dawnofthezed

Dawnofthezed

Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai Empty
PostSubject: Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai   Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai Icon_minitime19th June 2016, 10:27 pm

Lady Polnedra Mikura walked into the room with and air of confidence around her, The train of her black laced gown flowing behind her and she strode to the head chair of a long table which sat at the centre of the room. Her few guards that accompanied her stood by the doorway watching in stone silence. As she sat at the table she pulled a large scroll from the satchel attached to her waist with one slender hand with the other pulling her long, crow black hair over her shoulder. Still in silence she unrolled the parchment which contained the agreement she wished to present to the Hokai clan once their representatives arrived. Her purple eyes scanned the room while she waited and smiled to her guards whom had all been loyal friends of hers. She hadn't brought them worrying she might be attacked during this exchange but her parents had been extra worried of their "Little Lavender girl" and had refused her to leave with any less than four armed guards by her side. Pol on the other hand thought it a bit silly but had liked the extra company on the long journey here.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai   Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai Icon_minitime26th June 2016, 9:37 pm

A single hokkai would walk in, unlike the young Lady before him he did not come in accompanied by guards he had no need of it, nor did he need to make a show of force when his clan members where but a stones throw away. No this meeting had been called for the mutual benefit of all the parties involved and the Hokkai Elder would continue to walk forward before stopping with his cane making it's final tap all the more ominous. "Mikura-dono, it brings me great pleasure to see that you had acepted our request for a meeting, I am Avery one of the members of the Hokkai's council of elders and the one who sent the letter to your estate. Let us sit so that we can discuss the exact reason this meeting has been called in the first place." Avery said he had a couple of notable features his large handle bar moustache being one of them and had seemingly sharp points his age was another as some of his teeth were missing yet despite that his body and mind were still strong and as sharp as ever.

He had greeted her with a small bow appropriate for both her station and yet not lessening his own status they were not equal her birthright elevated her to the highest of society and yet she was but a child. In comparison he had long proved himself worthy of all of the respect given to him in both bloodshed and tears, youth versus experience. Still he was not offended by the girls age nor did he expect for her parents to show up instead, no it was better this way she was young and though a Lady she simply did not have his experience in the way of political manuvering. When she agreed he would take a seat and place his cane by the side of the table before leaning forward and placing both of his hands in front of him fingers pressed together. "We Hokkai are known as masters of all manners of beasts ranging from animals, to creatures even summons and yet when we came to the Shogunate we noticed that they were not making use of the fauna native to their lands. It is for that reason we decided to explore and see and we found something rather interesting. A species of creature which meets our parameters for mounts, high intelligence capable of being trained and more importantly with a small enough population due to natural predators that the biodiversity is well contained. They are known as Halk, and they are spread out through each of the lands Eden, Gehenna, Limbo even here in Sheol. We have already begun the mission requests to capture them however we need land to rear them on this is why I sent you the letter." he said getting straight to the point instead of beating around the bush like he would have if he were talking to an adult or someone around his age range, youth had impatience they wanted to get things done as quickly as possible as if everything were a rush. It was because their concept of time was still slow, not yet old enough to understand the futility of rushing through life, time will come regardless of how one acted and being too imparient to appreciate the finer things was merely robbing oneself of experiencing it to the fullest.

"Which brings me to the point I am trying to make, we wish to make a deal in exchange for allowing us to rear Halk on your land we will provide you with some of our clan members who wished to work on this endeavor free of charge. When we are successful at not only making the Halk extinct in the wild and fully domesticating them it will give you and by extention us a hold over part of the economic power within the Shogunate. What we lack however is start up capital and land as well as the backing of actual Tamers, while we are more than capable of handling the domesticating angle we are skilled at making partners not beasts of burden. In terms of the earnings we wish for it to be 70:30, with us taking the 30, while it might seem generous it is more for our benefit as giving you that much will allow you to cut the necessary deals with others you might need to get on board with this. I have no doubt that The Church will contact you as will possibly Jaseca, while the Church can be easily swayed off with a token percentage of the profits it is important that in a meeting with Jaseca you place yourself in a position of strength, while we may need their money as they have ample amounts of it neither of us wish to be in their debt and a loan can easily be paid off once we get this business running.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai   Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai Icon_minitime26th June 2016, 10:45 pm

70:30? I thought we were going for 60:40. Guess Konrad's going to have to downgrade on hair care products. Hello, miss Rainer Hokkai. With a small bow and a slight eyebrow raise Rainer had made a full judgement. To be honest he was surprised by how young she was, and was a little unimpressed by her guard. Though what's a regular bodyguard to a blade of the shogunate? He wasn't arrogant, but it was the truth. In all fairness who was he to judge them by their looks. Rainer made his way in with a smile and a small chuckle in his voice, as much as he hated to admit it this was were he was supposed to be. His attire was humble, nothing to much rather average attire covered by a brown cloak. He'd been busy and almost completely forgotten about this.

Sorry Elder Avery, didn't mean to be late, got caught up with some of my prior engagements. Konrad decided to sit this one out, so 70:30? Actually Konrad and Rainer had come to the decision that his involvement might be seen as "hostile" or a "show of force". Something about a giant talking wolverine just screamed aggressive. Hell, he'd even left his blades with Konrad, all expect a plan katana that sat his side. Though that was more for decoration. Protection is understood, but the weapons he normally held on to might seem like a little much in comparison. Though with the talks of the church, and seeming strong he felt he could aid her.

If you'd like since we're partners in this you don't have to go to any of them alone. Either myself or one of the other Hokkai can accompany you as you go to the church and other places. This isn't something you have to do alone, that much I can assure you.
If it wasn't obvious, he wasn't exactly sure how to go about this, his focus on this matter wasn't 100% so he was falling back on plan B. Listen to Avery and agree with him wholeheartedly, he hoped that worked out. If he wasn't so swamped this could gone over so much smoother. He'd even n been forgetting shave, causing quite a bit of ruggedness to grow around his jawline and upper lip.
Back to top Go down
Dawnofthezed

Dawnofthezed

PostSubject: Re: Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai   Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai Icon_minitime29th June 2016, 10:35 pm

Lady Mikura stood once the old man entered the room out of respect and would curtsy in reply to his bowing. Once they were both seated she was surprised that he got straight to the point, maybe because he was old and didn't have much time left so he needed to use this time wisely, but Pol soon realised why once he began to use the terms "generous" and tried to give her advice on seeming in a "position of strength. A man could have only been Elder Avery's cohort came in and while he plainly displayed his lack of curtesy she waited as they both spoke wondering when they would allow her to have some input. Once they both were finished she finally narrowed her gaze at the old man "I thank you for your urgency in the matter Elder Avery but i have no plans to leave this room until we can work out all the details of this agreement fully.For instance what of the feed and water for your mounts? Will you supply them yourselves or will we be expected to do so? If that is the case i could possibly agree on 75:25 to cover the supplies but then there is the question of the stables themselves. We have no pre-existing stables on the land so would the hokkai be the ones providing and building them?" Her hard gaze softened and she smiled not wanting to be too serious during the exchange for being serious was much too boring and stressful. "And thank you Rainer but I believe we might be a while. Please take a seat! Some refreshments maybe?" She offered motioning to one of her guards who pulled out of a satchel a flask of wine from her personal vineyards and a hand full of glass goblets, one for each seated at the table. She took a sip from her goblet but would leave it resting for the rest of the meeting as she didn't partake in the drink much herself but knew older men such as these may indulge a bit. "I hope i didn't come on too strong but i am here to represent the house Mikura and The shogunate therefor I will not take my duties lightly. As for the church I have no problems placing myself in a position of power since I am in a position of power elder avery" She smiled while she continued "I have no doubt they will gladly support us in our endeavor. Now Back to the matter at hand. i can sense this prewritten agreement will be of no use to us" she sighed tearing the scroll in two and handing it to one of her guards "But if one of you have a blank scroll we can begin refining the details of our agreement"
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai   Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai Icon_minitime4th July 2016, 2:12 pm

"75:25? Hmph I do not think I can agree to such a thing, that is unless you are hiring Hokkai to do all of that work, building the stables can easily assigned as missions for our younger clan members while providing feed can be an ongoing one seeing as Halk are omnivorous. Either way it would only end up bringing us back to the 70:30 so there is no reason to lower our cut, simply have it be a contractual agreement that we will provide such things. You forget, we are also the ones handling the aquisition of said creatures and increasing their biodiversity those are not easy tasks despite our proficiency for rearing creatures." Avery said with a swift rebuttal to the proposed split, he had started with such a sum on purpose, usually one bid high, so that through negotiation one could gradually settle for the exact value they wanted. He on the other hand was prone to putting the lowest value on which he would not budge and working his way up.

He would nod to Rainer before continuing on and pulling out a small scroll which he would unravel. "I have come prepared for such a thing, all you need to do is simply sign there." Avery said and low and behold he had already ironed out the trade agreement, if she read through it she would see that while there were some stipulations in favor of the Hokkai Clan, namely that they will get first pick in regards to the purchase of said Halk when they become available to the Shogunate populace, and some other very specific things to ensure other clans didn't end up getting a majority over them. Other than that however it was very fair and it could be seen that the Hokkai were trying to become equal ish partners in this venue, well as equal as a Lord could be with their subjects.
Back to top Go down
Dawnofthezed

Dawnofthezed

PostSubject: Re: Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai   Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai Icon_minitime1st August 2016, 12:16 am

Pol could tell the old man was worried she was trying to cheat him on the deal and chuckled to herself, happy he had already written everything up for her. She looked over it silently. "I apologize if i came off rude but i was just pointing out the lack of communication. if this trade agreement is to be put in place i would like to know what is going on in my own territory. I don't actually plan on changing the percentages seeing as they are more than generous. Let it be done then" she finished by taking the pen and in neat calligraphy placing her name at the bottom of the scroll. "I have no problems with the hokkai having first pick of the litter seeing as i only plan on taking one or two of these creatures for myself. I did not know they were omnivorous! Very convenient but again this just shows the lack of communication though I do admire you're unwavering honesty. Me and the Mikura house are glad to be in business with you." She then stood walked around the table and offered her hand to finalize the deal. once elder avery shook her hand she would hand him the scroll neatly rolled and bound.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai   Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lady Mikura meets with the Hokai
Page 1 of 1