Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor

Go down 
AuthorMessage

If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Empty
PostSubject: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime11th March 2016, 11:40 am

Cleo was meeting a lot of people lately but still had no such luck locating a mentor of her own, just where exactly did the members of Orders congregate it couldn't be here. She had scoured the training grounds all around and today she had managed to give her handler the slip which she knew she would pay for with at least an hour long punishment session by virtue of the clan brand they had bestowed on her at infancy. But if she found a mentor she could be protected, she might even be able to leave the compound and travel with them if she were so lucky to find one.

"Okay think Karliah, if you were a silver knight what would you look like. Probably cool enough to afford non-hand me down clothing and filled with an air of danger. At this point I'd take anyone even if they were a terrifying monster." she would shudder a bit as her mind went wild with the possibilities most vividly the image of a tentacle monster she had seen once when she strayed to close to the breeding pits. "Okay. Maybe not anyone I don't want to lose my V-card to a tentacle monster definitely not."
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime11th March 2016, 12:18 pm

Now Telarossa was always on the search for things of an interesting nature. In fact he made it nearly his life's work to find that which interested him and made him think and if he couldn't find it... He would make something interesting. So as it happened he was just wandering around the village, his deep red eyes scanning every little nook and cranny just to find something fun. He moved pretty quietly but the massive machine behind him didn't. It clomped along, pistons and servos groaning as it moved, its large bulbous head swinging back and forth, the chakra sensors built in scanning around for any targets that Telarossa himself couldn't be bothered with. That thing was Force Primaris, Telarossa's first and least used puppet but he liked walking around with it, occasionally he'd talk to it but it couldn't hear him, he knew that much.

This it was as he was wandering through the village he heard two particular words. 'Tentacle monster'. He snapped his head around, ginger hair flying around his face and he immediately stalked over to the girl that had spoken. His eyes took her in immediately and he took in her somewhat shabby appearance. Snapping his hand out he grasped her by the jaw, surprisingly gently, and brought her around to face him. "Have you seen the new beasts they've brought into the breeding pits? Simply marvelous aren't they, little one?" He asked her, his face splitting into a grin, fangs evident as he done so. "What do you think of them, hm?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime12th March 2016, 7:52 am

Cleo would flinch as not only did someone appear out of nowhere and startle her, said creepy red eyed person was currently holding her chin hostage. Her eyes would dart at the fangs and the red eyes before her brain caught up with what he asked despite all her thoughts pointing to "Please don't drink me". "I think they serve their purpose well but aren't my cup of tea." Cleo hoped that would be enough to please him she didn't want to lie wasn't there something about predators and smelling fear, and she was pretty sure vampires preyed on people. Then again Zaku was also a vampire but he didn't look nearly as scary as this person di-Oh my Ka-Shinigami...is that yours?! The terror had quickly passed when she spotted the large thing behind him pointing towards it, her eyes shining as she could see that it must have taken effort to make, effort that a lowly apprentice like herself couldn't do and thus he had to be skilled.

Her eyes would shine, admiration and curiosity, as this was the first time she had seen a puppet, her clan didn't really see the point sure they had golems she was sure of that but considering the downtrodden Alchemist branch she had never seen any of those either. She would remember where she was and who she was speaking to before looking down while biting her lip she had spoken out of turn and he might be angry at her now. But she couldn't help it it was just so different she just wanted to take it apart, figure out what made it work and then put it back together again. Hopefully he didn't notice her slip up, in her excitement she had almost revealed something that would most likely have her shunned if not worse.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime13th March 2016, 11:37 am

"You don't like them? How droll, they are wonderful, absolute marvels! Although I guess that someone little like you might not be able to see them as such, too worried about being tossed in there with them are you? Ah, don't worry about that too much, if that did happen after a while you'd learn to love them rather than fear them, after all you'd kind of be forced to." His grin grew larger and he chuckled softly before releasing her and stepping back. Noticing her excitement over the puppet he snapped his fingers and it walked over to them, although apparently Telarossa didn't actually use any strings to control the puppet, instead it marched over and stared at Cleo. "Indeed it is, child, this is Force Primaris. He was my first puppet and he is very dear to me even if he is somewhat obsolete." Tela leaned against the puppet and gave it a quick hug before standing up again and then leaning down and close to the girl.

"You owe me, little girl. The faithful of Kami are few and far between in this place and a lot of people just don't like them. I personally, well I don't care. I worship Cthulhu to a slight degree as the fluid nature of his rules makes life nice and fun for me." He clapped his hands together and then smiled. This smile was more genuine than anything else he had done though but it was a cold, merciless smile, his eyes glittering with desire as he watched her. "Now you can be of serious help to me, child and in return I won't out you or toss you into the pits, do you get me?" He told her before he rose to his feet and dusted himself down. "Now then... Your name and rank, snap to it." He snapped his fingers crisply and watched her, waiting to hear her response.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime14th March 2016, 9:54 am

Cleo would shudder at his statement, touching her jaw where he had been gripping it moments prior, she would most certainly not learn to love one of those things, her mind would end up broken and she'd be turned into a breeder like many of her Alchemist clanswomen had when their population got to low due to Artificer cruelty. Her fear would abate slightly when she saw the puppet move her eyes trailing over it amazed and wondering how it moved, she had heard about puppet masters moving their creations through strings but she couldn't see any. When the vampire leaned down in front of her she would flinch back on reflex only for her eyes to widen her fear returning full force at his statement. She would remain that way frozen in terror as she had stupidly gotten too excited and revealed something that just might get her killed but judging from his statement and the smile which adorned his face she had just ended up a new pet project.

"Anything is better than the breeding pits, death or Artificer slavery, even servitude to an unknown." Her thoughts raced but it was that specific one that allowed her to regain her bearings even if her fear hadn't decreased in the slightest. His last statement would cause her to jolt and stand ramrod straight. K-K-Karliah T-Tenshi, Apprentice Knight! No affiliations to any knight order sir! she would snap out the reply the moment she heard the actual snap before grimacing as she hadn't realized she had raised her voice, her eyes once again filling with fear. Sure she could numb out the pain but it didn't mean she liked getting struck, and she would close her eyes in anticipation of a blow her handlers over the years had preferred her meek and submissive, any sign of confidence or willfulness was beaten out. It was something to curb any notions of a revolt, after all if the oppressed had no self worth or belief in themselves how would they ever get together and try and fight for their freedom.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime16th March 2016, 9:29 am

"The stuttering was not fantastic but you answered promptly and truthfully. Well done, little one, you are starting off good with me. You know of the beasts, you know of the stakes and you know how to follow a command." He reached over and rather than striking her, he instead gave her a pet on the head like a favoured dog. "You are now my apprentice, I believe we get to just choose things like that! My name is Telarossa Alonne, Gold Knight. One of the first actually. Indeed, indeed, I was around at the start, get your praises out of the way quickly." He waved his hand dismissively before chuckling and patting Force. "Oh! And before I forget, HUIT Order, which I believe is what you are now aligned with if you are apprenticing under me. So with that we need to get you better clothing. I won't have someone that I need to actively spend time with ruining my perfect image."

He ran his hands down the white jacket he was wearing, a fine black shirt underneath. "Also, I'll let you in on a bit of a secret as you seem to be studying my puppet. I am one of the only people, at least that I know of, that does not use strings at all for their puppets. Chakra has never been my strong point, simply due to my race so I found a better way to do it." Sliding his sleeve up he showed her the black piercings embedded into the skin and then pointed to the same black piercings that were in his lips and lastly the ones hidden under his hair running along his temples. "Now you need to go do some research and figure out how I am controlling my puppet here." He winked at her and waved her along with him as he started to walk, Force following along behind him, clanking and hissing as it done so, soft bursts of gallium vapour leaving its exhaust vents while it moved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime16th March 2016, 10:48 am

When she got pet she would open her eyes which would be filled with curiosity she hadn't gotten pet since her aunt died, affection wasn't exactly a strong suit when everyone else sees you as competition. Yet another ploy by the Artificers to weaken her branch to make sure they didn't rise up against them. "I've always wanted to join the HUIT order sir, it is an honor to receive the apprenticeship of one as esteemed as yourself." Cleo would finish with a small bow, she wasn't sucking up but was honestly grateful he did not know what it meant for her to get an apprenticeship especially to someone who had been with the Pandora Empire since it's inception. The prestige alone would protect her from a lot of the abuse reaped on her by her handlers, no more lashing until she couldn't numb out the pain anymore or minimal rations because she was being to willful.

She would widen her eyes as she saw his arm and the piercings adorning his body she didn't know what they were for but they had to be a hint or something. Research was her strong point she might not be the brightest person but anything she didn't understand she would study and study until she got it. It helped that she was a curious person by nature, how things worked, why they worked she was driven to figure it out, which was why even though she was okay with getting any apprenticeship finding some from the one Knight Order which aligned with her personal interests was a dream of hers. "Yes, I won't rest until I figure it out" she would follow him making sure to walk two steps behind him as was proper seeing as she wasn't his equal and thus could not walk beside him. But it seemed like she would learn much from this person, if he had been around since the beginning there had to be a reason he wasn't already a God of Pandora maybe he was more focused on research than acquiring strength a new form of immortality?
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime9th April 2016, 10:07 pm

"Now then my dear apprentice, there are several ground rules to go through if you wish to be under me. They aren't too difficult and they shall be reinforced by myself. First of all, you are to look presentable. I shall purchase you new clothing to get you started but you must be clean. Washed hair, brushed hair, proper footwear and clothing. I won't have an uncouth child following in my steps, it would not impart very good views on myself. Second. I demand obedience. If I give you an order you will follow it. You will follow it quickly and to the best of your ability. If you are unwilling to do it you better have a damn good reason, if you are unable to do it then you will tell me immediately. I will not have you harming yourself trying to do something that you cannot actually do. Third. I will dispense all punishment. No one else is allowed to punish you, no matter whom they might be. If anyone harms you you will tell me immediately and I will deal with them. Those are my three simple rules, understood?" He turned his head over his shoulder to look at her, any warmth in his eyes draining away, the red orb looking at her like a targeting reticle, locked onto her heat signature.

"Of course your first assignment is a simple research task. I have already given you it. Use the Village library, probably your best bet. Or talk to some of the other puppeteers, they might have some knowledge of it. Other than that, today I want you to tell me what you are capable of, what you wish to be capable of and also what you see yourself lacking in. You will bare yourself to me, my dear because I find you interesting." He chuckled quietly and shoved his hands into his pockets, moving towards the market district of the town, Force following along behind them, head swaying slowly side to side, glowing circles blinking like eyes over his bulbous head. It was there to keep Telarossa safe, well Telarossa and his apprentice now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime10th April 2016, 11:01 am

Cleo would nod while following her new mentor though his third rule brought a mixture of fear and hope. Fear that she would not be able to adhere to it because of her clan and hope that perhaps maybe her mentor might be able to shield her from her handlers. "I won't fail you sir. But..the third one forgive me but I'm part of the Alchemist branch I don't know if you know how we are treated but my handlers typically punish me and restrict where i can go if it's possible could you inform them of your claim of me? If I tell them they will most likely dismiss it thinking I'm just trying to gain more freedom but if you were to speak to the clan then.." Cleo said looking downwards with a pained expression, she hoped he would be able to stop it, even if it meant he'd be in charge of her punishments at least it wouldn't be those artificer bastards she could be free of their direct torment and it wasn't as if she had anyone that she cared about left for them to take their frustrations on.

"Right now, I have a basic comprehension of my clan techniques what exactly I am skilled in I can't tell you but I am of the Alchemist branch." she would point to her temple when she mentioned she couldn't tell him referencing her actual inability to tell him lest her clan knowledge get wiped away. "I have some medical knowledge most specifically with the chakra scalpel technique, I've even managed to develop a fighting style based around using it in combat as well as alternative ways of using it in surgery which I call Dissection Blade. I have perception on par with a Silver Knight, can open up to the Gate of Pain out of the Eight Gates, have a basic displacement aura and know some Iaido though I'm getting kenjutsu lessons from a friend...er I-I want to learn more medical techniques the Dead Soul technique in particular as well as seals, fuinjutsu I mean. It's to help with my clan techniques, isolate a portion of my chakra system in preparation to receive the Magician's gift from so that when I get the add-on specific to my clan not all of my chakra will be replaced, and to figure out a way to utilize the Lightning Affinity through seals." she would look up to see if she had asked for too much before continuing since she realized she hadn't finished stating all that he asked.

"Right now I'm lacking in training and knowledge about the outside world other than my clan. I have no ranged attacks, no defenses against mental techniques except my own latent mental fortitude from being a Cypher. I have a rational hatred for Artificers and even though I know I'm powerless against them it only makes me hate them more since I can't change my position in life. I'm not fast or strong except when using the eight gates and I can only keep that up for a limited time before my body tears itself apart. Pain isn't an issue so I can use them often but until I learn how to heal myself combat is a double edged sword for me. I don't have an affinity, have no status & I'm afraid of dying without achieving my dream."
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 2:00 pm

"I have heard stories about the Tenshi Clan to be fair and I have heard that one of the parts of it was treated terribly. It would seem that you are part of it. How interesting." He paused and scratched his chin, Force moving up to his side and scanning around, a dull clank sounding as its cannons shifted and whirred. "However my rule was absolute, I won't have some ruffian who doesn't have a clue what they're doing harm you simply because of who you are. You will be harmed and punished if you do something wrong and existing is definitely not something wrong." He gave a sigh and looked to the ground, sadness passing over him like a shadow for a moment before he shook his head and lifted it once more. "In that case once we have given you new clothes I will have a letter sent to the Clan Head under my personal sigil to say that you are indeed my apprentice and that any harm that befalls you not under my direct command I shall inflict thricefold upon the person that done it." He told her, reaching over and patting her head before walking on.

After hearing about the techniques that she had and wished to learn, he nodded a few times. "So a wish to tamper with the dead and dying, interesting indeed. A Gates user as well." He was about to say something else before it he remembered and smiled. "Ah, that's how. I see. Well that is fair enough and certainly something I can understand and do my best to help teach you. I myself prefer to experiment with the living, the wonderful things that can be done with them and the beauty you can make out of a person. I shan't touch you however, that is something you will do yourself at some point I imagine." He finally made it to the shopping district of Jigo and although lacking in everything he wished it had, there were still civilians here and thus there were clothing shops. He walked into one, leaving Force outside and then swept his arm. "Go and choose what you like, make sure the colours are not overly bright. I won't have you strutting around like some kind of flagrant bird."

He then rested a hand on her shoulder, giving it a soft squeeze, almost caring. "I can teach you a lot about how to survive and about how to fight... Teaching you about the world is something that I am not qualified for. This world is terrifying, Karliah, absolutely terrifying. Pandora is the most terrifying place of them all. Never assume that you cannot change your place in the world, with enough power anything is possible. Just make sure that when you have the power to change the world you do it for the best. There is a lot I am going to teach you and tell you, little one and a lot of it I do not like to speak of yet I shall tell you anyway. The world we live in is one based on strength but one day I hope we can move past that. Now go, choose your clothes." He told her, giving her a gentle nudge on the back to get her moving.

Apologies:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime3rd May 2016, 3:47 pm

OOC: Okay

"Thank you, and I understand. With great power comes great responsibility." she said having been inspired by his words and the nice gestures, it had been a long time since someone older at least had attempted to look out for her and she would make sure to be worthy of being Telarossa's student. She would head into the store and after staying in for about twenty or so minutes she would come out again she had gotten a couple of outfits, mainly keeping with the clothing style that she currently wore. Beige, Tan, Gray, typically in flowing combat dresses. A mix of practicality and style, the outfit she was wearing currently was very similar to her original one just black rather than the beige that she was wearing previously which made the embroidery stand out more. The other differences was that it was brand new and made from much better fabric than her old ones. She kept her bangles and hair pins though, polishing them quickly using her old clothes so that they were more shiny and would look to Telarossa with slight anxiety. "Are these okay?" she said slightly out of breath as she had been rushing so she wouldn't waste his time.

Obtaining:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime6th May 2016, 6:31 pm

Telarossa seemed to be rather deep in thought as Cleo came back out of the store. He snapped his head up, crimson eyes opening and looked over her for a moment before down at the clothes she was holding. He narrowed his eyes and then gave a nod. "Drab in colours but it makes sense for combat clothing. I like the style, those'll do." He reached down and took the necessary money from his pouch before handing it to her. "Go pay for those." Once she went back into the store he pulled out a sheet of parchment and slapped it against Force's back. A pen came out next and he wrote down the letter he was going to send to the Tenshi Clan. A soft hum left him as he done so. It wouldn't take too long to write the note but the girl would probably be back by then and thus Telarossa finished it with his own stamp and signature before rolling it up and tying it with string. Flipping it around he handed it to her and then reached into his coat and pulled out a strange style of kunai. "To let them know I'm serious... This style of kunai is long gone now. Samui Style, my home village." He told her firmly before handing both to her and then patting Force. "Do you have a place to stay that isn't dangerous or will I need to give you an abode as well?" He asked her, seemingly not bothered by the prospect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime6th May 2016, 6:43 pm

Cleo would nod taking the Xel and running back into the store to pay for the clothes she had just bought and when she returned he would hand her a rolled up note tied with a string. "Okay, wait if I give this to them, do you expect it back after the message is received?" she asked just in case because if the kunai was as valuable as he said it was, on account of the blacksmiths under the employ of samuigakure either dead, in hiding or worse then their were probably a limited quantity of that style of kunai remaining in Pandora. She was once again amazed by her mentors forethought and care, she didn't want to bring it up but now she could have a place to stay which hadn't been assigned to her by her handler. She wasn't technically homeless, the Tenshi had a small outpost in Jigokugakure and there was a section for Alchemist but it was extremely rundown and cluttered she only had a living area made of cardboard and if she was lucky enough that the water wasn't all used up for the day a shower via hose. "I have a place but it isn't up to your standards I think..so if you could I would be really appreciative. Even if it's just a place in a laboratory or something I don't mind, I don't need much to survive." she would manage a smile, having gotten used to her harsh life so she valued the bare essentials far more than luxury. She felt like she shouldn't take advantage of his charity and ask for too much even if he didn't seem bothered and had offered it himself, especially since he had already bought her new clothing.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime6th May 2016, 6:51 pm

"Show it as proof and then do with it what you will. They aren't exactly the type of weapon I use so feel free to have it. With your own natural abilities you should be able to use it better than I can." He told her before giving her a shrug and shoving his hands in his pockets. Turning he started to walk and waved her after him. "As for sleeping arrangements... I have a spare room in the barracks as one of the higher ranking members of the order... So I can offer you that. Besides, it'll make it easier for you to keep your hygiene up and I won't have to reprimand you for it. So that's a benefit as well as far as I'm concerned." He reached up and rubbed the bridge of his nose, grinding his back teeth together for a few moments. "This is where we should part ways, you are under my protection and my order, ask anyone where to reach the HUIT barracks and head there to meet up with me. You have two tasks now. One is to hand that to the Tenshi Clan Head to cement your place. The second is to find out how I control my puppets. Simple as that. Try not to take too long, hm?" He leaned against the puppet and crossed his arms over his chest, watching her. He would of course wait to see if she had anything more to say before she left for her clan compound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime6th May 2016, 8:15 pm

"Understood, wait..HUIT? I-I don't mean to correct you sir but I thought you were part of INCO? Cleo said having agreed to everything and would begin to turn to rush away to do is tasks but then would stop turning around as something didn't add up. Hopefully he had said that on purpose to try and trip her up and see if she was paying attention to him, unless he stayed in the HUIT order barracks in which case she would be surrounded by the most battle crazy members of the Five Suns. "Well that wouldn't be too bad, I could practice my medical skills and maybe even trade by barter healing for loot. Oh I get get it, once again Telarossa-san shows his foresight he wanted me to be in those barracks so I could have a reason to improve." she quickly put two and two together, though would stay quiet in case she was wrong and he actually just made a mistake but if he had intended it all along she would give him a quick bow and run off.

(Cleo potentially exits)
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime7th May 2016, 2:06 pm

"I meant what I said my dear. A person of medicine never gets a day off and you are going to have a lot of work on your hands, as I do most every day. Where better to get experience than in the thick of things?" He chuckled softly and flashed her a wink. "I hope you don't mind blood." He said before patting her on the head once more. He then slapped Force's side before shoving his hands in his pockets and wandering off, letting Cleo head away to do whatever it was that she needed to do. Was he being too kind? Perhaps but diligence deserved rewarding and there was no point punishing someone if they done nothing wrong. Tela cocked his head to the side. "I wonder how Xan and his apprentice are doing..." He muttered softly before smiling. Maybe having an apprentice wouldn't be so bad after all... He might even come to enjoy it and it meant he could shirk off a little bit more and leave things to Karliah.

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor   If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you seek freedom, search for De-Mentor
Page 1 of 1