Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

A Blacksmith and an Assassin

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mist

Mist

A Blacksmith and an Assassin Empty
PostSubject: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime25th July 2014, 8:17 pm

Rika walked along the streets on her way to a specific address. The letter she had received earlier that day had the address and it was from Jasmine, inviting her over to her house. Rika had never been to her house before, any business they had done previously just took place at designated meeting spots, but this was different. The message didn't seem particularly urgent, but Rika considered Jasmine a good friend, and frankly she wasn't too busy with anything else for the time being, so she was willing to stop by upon request. Last time they had met, Rika was receiving the puppet she had asked Jasmine to make known as Ira. It was the second addition to her collection of puppets she called "The Black Knights". She wondered if she would ever complete the full set, she wasn't sure she would need to, Invidia and Ira alone were war machines that had far exceeded her expectations. Of course she still wanted to have more of the knights made, it just wasn't at the top of her list of priorities for the time being.

Rika turned a street corner and came up to a house. She was dressed in more casual clothes than usual, she spent most of her time, even her off time in uniform, so it was a bit different for her. Rika was wearing a white tshirt and dark grey faded skinny jeans. It was a pretty plain look, but she liked it. She double checked the paper she held in her hand before looking back at the house. Confirming she was at the right place, she stepped up to the door and rapped her knuckles on it, awaiting an answer.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime25th July 2014, 9:22 pm

Jasmine was currently changing her clothes, mainly because just yesterday she realized that the majority of her form fitting kimono's now no longer fit yet and she had to buy looser clothing, thankfully she had the money but she only bought 5 more one for each day considering every day she advanced an additional month in the pregnancy. Sure it was a pain to go to sleep one morning to wake up even bigger than before but that wasn't the most important thing on her agenda right now. All she needed was nine more days, though the way her stomach got and the fact that she already could feel Jazz moving inside of her she had a feeling she would need to get a check up by Kyoshiro sometime soon. Either way she would change into a forest green kimono doing her make up to make sure it didn't clash so she resembled something of a dryad meets geisha before she heard a knock.

Finishing up she would walk to her door before peeking through the peephole and seeing that it was Rika before opening the door and smiling at her friend. Hey there girlie. What's up, long time no chat come in come in and tell me how you like my masterpieces. Jasmine said motioning with her hand for Rika to come in conviently ignoring the fact that the last time she had seen her Jasmine wasn't pregnant and now she was huge. Of course she was sure Rika would point it out like everyone else she had spoken to recently had but that was only a part of the fun. Besides she would be back to her normal size within a week anyways, with no stretch marks thanks to the wonders of Medical Fuinjutsu.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime26th July 2014, 3:56 pm

Rika waited patiently at the door for Jasmine to answer, fixing her bright blueish-purple hair before she was greeted by her friend. Once she did Rika noticed something unexpected. Jasmine was pregnant, very pregnant. It caught her slightly off guard but she didn't say anything about it, there was no need to point out something that was fairly obvious. Still though she wondered how it happened, sure Jasmine was the type to sleep around a lot but she wouldn't have likely kept a child from one of those random guys, no this one was different. She didn't want to ask about it, if Jasmine wanted to talk about it she would bring it up.

As Jasmine greeted Rika at the door and invited her in Rika smiled. "It's good to see you, thanks." she said, entering in after Jasmine and closing the door behind her. Rika took a look around at what Jasmine had to show and nodded. "They are very nice, you put effort into your work." she replied. Rika wasn't too sure why Jasmine had wanted her to come yet, but she knew she would find out eventually. Still though, she was impatient. "So I received your letter, but there was no reason given for your summons... so umm... Whats up?" Rika asked, trying to speak more casually towards the end. She knew there was no reason to be so stiff and businesslike all the time, but she had grown accustomed to it, as of late however she was trying to loosen up a bit, but it was a difficult thing for Rika to get used to.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime27th July 2014, 1:08 am

Jasmine would smile before making her way over to one of the tables close by pulling up a chair without a back, because those ones were super uncomfortable to sit in before she would answer Rika's question. Well, I missed you, there's one sheesh so buisness orientated. But I have two real reasons as to why I called you here, the first being whether or not you need me to comission anything for you as if you need something right away then I'll be indisposed until the weekend when I get this. Jasmine said airily waving her hand around her stomach when she referenced it. Out of me, but more importantly, even though Jazz isn't going to be raised by me I wanted to ask whether you would like to be her godmother? As much as I would like to...I won't be in control over her life, my clan will but if you ever meet her please look out for her. I'm not..really asking for much other than that it's just I'm scared that my clan might push her to become something horrible and she'll end up getting killed one day, and what am I to do you know? she said her voice becoming much more sombre as while Jazz was her way out, on some level she was still her child.

Initially she hadn't wanted anything to do with the clone growing in her but, perhaps it was the hormones she had gotten attatched to her, she also knew that despite her being rich she was just a civilian and thus really couldn't protect Jazz from the shinobi world. At the very least...if Rika accepted then she could count on someone to look out for her who was aligned with the right people. Sure she was sure the clan would train her to be capable but ultimately Jasmine felt they were on the wrong side of this conflict and she didn't want her daughter to be caught in the middle of the feud between the Shogunate and the Allied Shinobi Nations if war did end up breaking out when she could instead be relocated and live with her again. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm sending Jazz to live with my clan as per our arrangement, and if one day assuming your still around if you ever meet her and she's looking for a way out of her situation it would mean a lot to me if you could help her out and bring her back to me. But only if she wants..I'm not asking you to abduct her or something..
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime28th July 2014, 9:27 pm

Rika laughed and rubbed her head at Jasmine's response. "Sorry, sorry, Force of habit, I'll try to work on that. Umm I don't need anything from you as of right now, I'd like to continue the black knights at some point but I'm working on a different project right now, a fairly big one." Rika said in return. She didn't feel the need to explain her plans of a spiritual journey to awaken the deep power within all Zireh. It was still a ways away and when she did do it there was no guarantee of her ever returning. Jasmine said something about getting the child out of her in the next week. Surely she wasn't that far along? "Oh it seemed as if you were only in your second trimester, you hide it well." Rika said with a surprised tone. The next question came as quite a surprise and caught Rika off guard.

Godmother? Rika? She had never thought herself to be in any position like that. The more she thought about it though, the more she was willing to do it. Rika cared alot about Jasmine, and if she couldn't reach her child and Rika could, she would happily protect Jazz. "I'd be willing to do that yes, but you have to understand I can't guarantee I'll live to protect her, plenty of people want me dead and chances are in favor of me not living a very long life. However I will do what I can to protect her when and if the time comes."
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime28th July 2014, 9:48 pm

Jasmine was waiting of course she would nod seeing as she was happy that Rika found her creations that usable, it had taken her months to make them as the materials were rare finds, and the creation process was experimental, though she was sure now that she actually knew what she was doing she would be able to create them faster, the only wait of course being on the materials to be gathered for the contruction. However that wasn't the important thing she was waiting for and she would listen while hanging on a hopeful thread that Rika would accept. It would seem her hope was well placed though as Rika answered in the most Rika way possible outlining the flaws in Jasmine's request but nonetheless agreeing to it. Oh thank you, thank you so much. I would hug you but you might shinobi flip me or something, kidding heh. Jasmine said her face instantly brightening once she heard the reply and reaching out with her hand to attempt to grasp Rika's warmly as a show of her gratitude.

I know you shinobi have short life-spans..which sucks because Zireh really live long you know? But you don't seem like the type to retire anyways so you'll probably end up..okay dark thoughts don't want to think about that right now. But yeah I am around that I guess? I don't know..ugh fucking clan made me do this, I'm sterile you know? But I used to be the clan heir and when I ran away to become a blacksmith, a very successful one mind you, they demanded I have a heir to recompensate their loss. Of course they conviently forget that I'm the one who produces their Regalia but I mean that's not important,yeah? Bastards. Jasmine said looking away before realizing she had gone completely off topic and would shake her head to clear her angry thoughts. But um, yeah? Jazz is technically my clone, err can't say specifics but Kyoshiro helped me out I'm only telling you because you aren't the type to spread information unless you absolutely need to. She's growing at an accelerated rate where one day is equivalent to a month of development, while their are seals on me to make sure that she develops fine and my body isn't killed by the stress of rapid childbirth. It does mean I eat like a shit ton now but..heh small price to pay skipping out on months of pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 3:11 am

OoC: Didn't realize this post was so big until I sent it, sorry for the wall of text.

Rika wasn't too sure if she was the best candidate for it, but if that was what Jasmine wanted, then very well. She couldn't help but think of all the different scenarios that could go wrong and end up turning Jazz against them, but she decided to keep those thoughts to herself, she didn't want to worry Jasmine, who was clearly already considered about the future of her child. Clone? Might as well be child, she obviously felt that way about her. Still though, this accelerated pregnancy thing was odd, Rika knew technology was moving forward, but this was quite a feat. She was glad she wasn't in a powerful clan, the corruption and power struggle sometimes takes over and makes complications for people like Jasmine who don't want that life. Rika's family line was known for raising children that became shinobi that served directly under the shogun, hell that's why Rika became a kunoichi in the first place, she was pressured into it to live up to her family name, and now she was easily the most prominent person ever to be born under her family name. She had certainly lived up to the expectations placed on her, and looking back she was somewhat happy she became a kunoichi. Sure she didn't enjoy the lifestyle, but she couldn't see herself doing anything else, but perhaps that was just because being a kunoichi was all she had ever really known.

As Jasmine spoke about the short lifespans of Rika's kind and how Zireh should normally live long lives, she couldn't help but look a little downcast. It was true, she had no expectations of living past the age of 30, but she hoped she did. She wanted to retire someday and try that other life, but only after the will of the shogun was carried out and peace was restored, but she knew chances were that wouldn't happen in her lifetime, she could only hope it would. If the shogun were to fall and she somehow lived, perhaps then she would be able to retire and live out her life in peace. Maybe take up residence in one of the smaller villages. "Yeah, it seems your clan is a little too full of themselves. It's unfortunate you have to go through this, I'm sorry. If you ever need anything let me know and I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, It's good to see you. I haven't been in the field much these past few weeks so I haven't been too busy. I've been taking the time to try to be a bit more social but, well we both know that's difficult for me. When I was a child I managed to pretend to be a normal little girl but these days I can't get away with that. I guess having good friends like you helps me out a little bit, so thank you." she confessed. It was true she had been going through some hard times lately, learning about herself, realizing who she really was. She wanted to change, she was sick of being an emotionless robot, but change was hard. Her mind was always on her duty and no matter what she did she couldn't get it out even for a moment of relaxation and fun. Rika could only hope she would find herself soon, and be able to reach out to others the way she had always wanted to. The only person she could do that with so far was Jasmine.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 4:52 am

Full of themselves yep, definitely it had worsened ever since her father died and her mother's personality did a 90, sure she always knew dear old mum was a sadist and was quite mean but she was always a caring and loving mother to Jasmine at the very least. However when dad died she became cold and harsh constantly pushing Jasmine to be better and better and eventually she began to scare her. That was the real reason she was doing this, she couldn't bear to live under that roof again constantly terrified to even go out of her room if not for the lesser clan members bringing her food she wouldn't of left her room if not for training. Now she was condemning her daughter to the same life...it was horrid but she justified it by rationalizing that at the very least Jazz would grow up always knowing the cruelty rather than constantly remembering the time when Lynx was a nice caring induvidual. At the very least it meant when someone did show her kindness...she would be more appreciative of it.

Yeah...they are..it's unbearable really. Jasmine said before perking up and smiling deciding that she wouldn't let her situation bring her down and ruin her meeting with her friend. Same it's been a while, and don't worry your a good person behind all that work ethic way better than the type of person I am. So if anything I should thank you for being my friend not the other way around, yeah? So let's chat, meet any cute boys or...girls? Hmm on second thought meet any cute people who aren't shinobi and if none then meh tell me about the new shinobi you've met or old ones whatever, yeah? Jasmine said rewording her question mainly because she didn't even know if Rika was straight or not...she seemed straight..either way it didn't matter she would give her the juicy details on her love life one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 5:10 am

Rika couldn't help but smile at what Jasmine had to say about their friendship. It was nice to be there for somebody, in any way she could. Not in a form of duty or loyalty, just out of kindness and friendship. Perhaps true peace was built on aspects such as these, and not the things that Rika had grown up believing in. Perhaps the way the world tries to achieved peace is all wrong, that would explain why it has failed over and over and over again. Only time would tell she figured, she just hoped she wasn't wasting her life for a pointless cause. The prospect of looking out for Jazz gave her a reason to try to prolong her own life as much as possible. Perhaps now she would care more about her own safety than before. When thinking about it, she didn't have much to live for, she hardly valued her own life. She was dedicated to her duties to her Shogun and little more, yet another thing she hated about herself.

It seemed Jasmine was attempting to continue conversation by bringing up Rika's love life, not that it existed. She had to admit she was a bit lonely in that aspect, but there wasn't really anyone that interested her in that way, perhaps someday she would come across someone who would make her feel that way. "Hardly, There is very few decent people out there, and even less I would be remotely interested in that way. Maybe someday though." she replied as she thought about the group of people she was on good terms with. "And for the record, I don't believe in sexuality. What matters is how I feel about that person, not their sex or race, right?" Rika added in order to solve Jasmine's clear uncertainty about Rika's preferences. Gender never mattered too much to Rika, mainly because she had never really cared for the idea of having kids. Maybe someday, but for the time being the last thing she wanted to deal with in her life was something like that.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 5:43 am

Jasmine would sigh before thinking for a bit before answering apparently she had been too obvious about her questions and Rika had answered her honestly pity, she thought she might of found someone interesting. Well if she couldn't talk about her love life she could instead talk about her comrades. Hmm so true, your still very young, but hey if you don't start living now when will you, you know? Ow. she said leaning back into her chair and sighing softly as Jazz had just kicked and did she have some powerful legs for something that young sure it didn't hurt too much it was more a surprising feeling with a dull pain if anything. Heh...she's moving if I didn't know better I would say she hates being in their even more than I hate having something living in me rent free, yeah? she said attempting to make a joke before she was suddenly hit by a conversation starter.

Hey, tell me about your people, the Blades. What do you think about them, their personalities and who your closest with. So I can get a little background info in case I run into them so I'm not caught all flat footed. Jasmine said deciding this was a topic that was both casual yet not and would be right at home with Rika seeing as she had worked alongside of most of them for over a year. Perhaps she could even get some info on the ever illusive weilder of Kabutowari who she still had yet to hear anything from, quite frankly it was frustrating. Of course she had already met Kyoshiro and Rainer, but while Rika knew of the the first one having been met by Jasmine because of the obvious pregnancy she probably didn't know about the second and thus wouldn't change her honest opinion based on it. Actually Rika was nothing if not honest when it came to non-shinobi stuff anyways so she probably would say how she felt anyways but still just on the slight case she wouldn't Jasmine would wait till after to give her own input.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 10:51 am

Rika knew she was right, perhaps Jasmine said it as a joke, but Rika was trying to start living a little more, she knew in the long run it would bring her more happiness, she just wasn't used to that kind of freedom and relaxation. The idea of no worries, quite frankly worried her. Jasmine tried to make a joke to ease the silence, but it kind of flopped. Rika smiled warmly in recognition of it however. If she couldn't even hold conversation with close friends like Jasmine, how would she do it with people she barely knew? The idea of something growing inside her terrified her. The growth cycle of a fetus reminded her of a parasite, but that was just her way of looking at it. What the parasite turned into wasn't exactly something disgusting or scary looking... Well maybe a little bit disgusting.

It seemed Jasmine was curious about the other Blades. As much as Rika would love to tell her about them, Rika hardly knew anything about them at all. She figured she would tell Jasmine about the ones she did know well at least. "Well there is Kimiko, my apprentic- no partner. She has grown past the stage of being an apprentice at this point. She is a sweet girl, med nin, from the Sasori clan. She is like a little sister to me, or at least what I'd imagine a little sister being like." she paused thinking about Kimi. Rika had grown to care about her, she hoped the life of a shogunate kunoichi wasn't as hard on her as it was on Rika, then again Kimiko wasn't likely a very deep thinker which was Rika's main problem, so she was probably fine. "Then there is Cyrus, a guy roughly my age. He is the wielder of Samehada and the holder of the shark contract, a fitting combination if you ask me. He seems nice from my conversations with him, perhaps a bit of a loner that questions his life and personality like I do. The next would be King and Wolf... well, they aren't Blades but they might as well be. They are good friends of mine, both are in the Hokkai clan hailing from Ibaragakure, or at least what used to be Ibaragakure. They are a fun pair to be around, the only problem is seeing a couple that almost never leaves each other's side makes one question their own loneliness you know? Or maybe that's just me. As for the others I don't know them too well, aside from their clans and original villages. Most of the Blades prefer keeping to themselves, or maybe they just don't like me, hah." she explained. Once she tried to detail what she knew about the others it made her realize how little she actually knew them. To be honest she found it a bit depressing, if they ever wanted to work well together they would have to get to know eachother well, but perhaps now wasn't the time for some of them.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 9:38 pm

Jasmine would listen, she hadn't met either Cyrus, King or Wolf she did however now plan on meeting them especially Cyrus mainly out mere curiosity due to the summoning contract. Of course she didn't want it no she had no use for a summoning contract nor out her pitiful chakra reserves even handle one it was more so the history behind it as from what she could remember it used to belong to Cassandra Duo her ancestor so perhaps Cyrus was related to the Cyrus Kukinorite who was her ancestor's apprentice later successor. Hey don't say that your awesome, anyone who doesn't like you pretty much sucks. For one I know that Rainer is friendly enough he just seems to have a hard exterior, I'm friends with him he's nice if not a bit awkward. I haven't met Kimiko either but I did plan to search her out, if you say she's a nice girl and she's like a little sister to you I think we could get along smashingly. After all we both care deeply about the same person. Jasmine said with a smirk before continuing.

I've also met Kyoshiro, obviously heh. He's..a weird one on an intellectual level I can respect that he's a scientist and is obviously quite talented then again despite being a clan of brutal fighters Kurogane do have the best medics next to Taki. So heh maybe I should check out the shark guy see what he's about. Wolf and King huh so they're a couple? That's cute maybe I could go on a double date with Becca. Bleh but after Jazz get's out especially since I have trouble not having to go pee every second, okay that's excessive but ugh...it's so fustrating. she said before getting up slowly, before looking around and realizing that Rika could possibly be hungry and that she hadn't put anything out. [color=hotpink]Hey do you want something? I mean I could make something from scratch but that'll take a while, but I do have suishi in the fridge. Just ate some yesterday but I ordered waaaay too much heh. No worries though I know how to keep it so the rice doesn't get all tough and stuff like what usually happens when you keep it overnight.[/spoiler]

Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 10:13 pm

It seemed Jasmine was more acquainted with some of the Blades than Rika was, and she wasn't even a shinobi Go figure. The most she had heard about Rainer was what she heard from King, and it seemed the two had some problems to work out. Kyoshiro... Rika's best knowledge of him was when they first met at the meeting with the shogun, she didn't really trust him at the time, but after the past year or so she had no reason not to. Then there was the newest member of the Blades, who she knew the least about, he seemed very secretive about himself, but time would tell. Rika wondered what made Jasmine so interested in the Blades, it wasn't extremely odd, perhaps she just wanted to make business with them and see if she could turn them into potential clients. It wasn't really Rika's business in the first place so she didn't concern herself with it.

Jasmine said some more things about being pregnant. The more she talked about it the more the idea of being in such a situation sounded terrible to Rika. Who wants to gain an insane amount of weight and go through all that crap just to go through extreme pain at the very end of it. And Jasmine had it easy. Rika shuddered, the idea of something growing inside her was disgusting. Jasmine asked her if she was hungry. She thought about it for a moment, she wasn't really, but she could eat. "Sure, whatever is easy for you." she replied. Rika was trying to be nice and accept the hospitality while still not making Jasmine do too much. The last thing she wanted to do was make a pregnant woman rush around the kitchen for her.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 10:38 pm

Alright cool. Then sushi it is. Jasmine said walking to the fridge opening it and taking out a large metal bowl which was covered and had a linen cloth inside of it. She would open the cover and low and behold lots of suishi causing her to look around for chopsticks finding her pair and then opening the cabinent for wooden ones still in the package for Rika. She would pull out a board from the cabinet washing it before she would begin to place the maki on the inside, the nigiri one the outside with temaki in the center. One the arrangement was done, with Jasmine spacing them out evenly, she would open the fridge again for the gari and wasabi before placing some on the board as well. She would then put the bowl in the sink as she had emptied it with their being just enough for two people, well one pregnant person and another person there was probably more than enough but Jasmine knew her current apetite.

She would get three small dishes filling one with soy sauce and the others empty so that they both had a palette before she would pick everything up and walk over to where Rika was sitting before placing it down. Thankfully she hadn't tripped otherwise that would of been..horrible, she didn't have shinobi reflexes and her balance was a bit off but she managed because it would of been quite embarassing and well dangerous. She would then go back to the kitchen before turning mainly to ask what Rika would like to drink. Well I have sake for you if you like, otherwise I have green tea and if not that then I do have water heh? Which would you like? she said pulling out two glasses and waiting on Rika's answer.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 10:59 pm

Rika waited patiently for Jasmine to return. She hoped it wasn't too much of an inconvenience for her. Rika wasn't even really hungry she was just accepting the hospitality out of kindness, but it was difficult to find the middle ground between kindly taken hospitality and taking a bit too much. She knew Jasmine probably wouldn't mind, but it seemed like Rika should be the one cooking for her. Not that Rika could really cook, she always burnt her food when she made something from scratch. At last Jasmine returned with a surprising amount of Sushi which Rika tasted right away. It was delicious, much better than anything Rika could make thats for sure. "Yummm!" she declared as she grabbed another mouthful and swallowed it. She then realized she had totally forgot her manners in the moment of tasting the flavorful food. It excited her as most of her meals were mediocre at best. "Oh umm, my bad, It's just very good." she apologized. Sinking into her seat and eating in a more sophisticated manner. Jasmine asked what Rika wanted to drink and having Sake as an option was tempting, too tempting. "I'd love some Sake if you don't mind" she replied. She knew she was underage but hell, with all she did for this country surely she could break a few rules.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime29th July 2014, 11:47 pm

Old enough to kill old enough to drink. Jasmine said with a chuckle at her dark humor, before pulling out the sake and green tea jugs the latter for herself she would put that on the table then go back for the glasses before setting one on either side and then sitting down. Oh good you already started, eat quick no worries about etiquite between just the two of us, yeah? Because seriously if you don't take it I will eat it all with no regrets. Just saying. Jasmine said with a smirk picking up a napkin to press her lipstick before using her chopsticks to pick up one of the sashimi which had octopus before slipping it into her mouth. She would chew while pouring the tea for herself in her glass leaving Rika with the sake as she would eventually swallow and take a tip before speaking again.

But no seriously take as much as you like, that goes more for the sake though I bought it for me but can't drink it so it just sits in my fridge with the words don't drink me on it. Jasmine said pointing to the side where sure enough there was a little note with the words don't drink me with a sadface at the end. So yeah take away the tempation and what not. she said before deciding she wanted something hotter and would pour some of the soy sauce into one of the smaller dishes before mixing in wasabi in it. She would then proceed to continue eating taking the tip to dip the sashimi in the dish before each bite.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime30th July 2014, 12:14 am

Jasmines words made Rika let out a sigh. So that was one of her trademarks, a killer. Sure it was true, and Jasmine didn't mean anything by it but it really made Rika just think negatively about herself. She was only depressing herself though and she knew it, so she took a big swig of the Sake and ate some more food. Once her mouth was empty she smiled at Jasmine. "Thanks for the food. I'm not... the best cook, so stuff like this is always amazing to me. You're really good at it. Maybe you should've been a chef not a Blacksmith." she said, pausing to take another bite. "Just kidding you make a great Blacksmith, can't see you doing anything else." she finished, washing down her food with another drink. It didn't take long for Rika to feel the warmth that accompanied the beverage. She hadn't drank much alchohol in her life time, and when she did it was in small amounts, but right now she felt like she needed it. It soothed her worries, even if it was only momentary, and well if Jasmine had a good supply that she couldn't even drink, no reason to not indulge a little bit, right?
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime30th July 2014, 12:52 am

Jasmine would beam at the praise, personally she thought she was okay but it was a nice ego boost to see that she liked it and she would swallow before answering. Glad you like it, and who knows heh I might be a chef on the side, heh no too much work I'll only cook for people I like. Like you for instance so hey if you ever are feeling hungry stop by it's not bother and sure I know Becca errr..seems you know. But she won't mind she's just super tsundere. She doesn't even act like she likes Rainer and she met him before me. And psh, great blacksmith I'm the best blacksmith just you wait soon I'll crack the code on whatever those fancy swords of yours are made of and improve them. Jasmine said her eyes gaining the fire of determination, though she felt she could tell Rika her future project simply because it would be nice to share it.

Oh who was she kidding she couldn't keep secrets for the life of her and needed someone to talk about it with who would understand exactly how much of a big deal it would be. But yeah that's why I've been going around meeting all the Blades. The Rikigaku in my blood has been screaming at me to find out exactly what makes them so special ever since I laid eyes on them. But once I do I'll make sure to block that out so no other person would be able to identify the structure of them. So far I've seen...Nuibari, Hiramekarei and Kubikiribocho, just four more to go. Wait their are just seven blades right not some myterious 8th blade to rule all the others or something like that, yeah? Jasmine said chuckling to herself while picking up one of the nigiri and popping it into her mouth, it was an innocent question and in actuality Jasmine was just joking, their couldn't possibly be an 8th blade that just wouldn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime30th July 2014, 1:12 am

Rika laughed and nodded in agreement. Jasmine was surely the best blacksmith she had ever met, likely one of the best in the world, which put her chances of being the best in the world fairly high. After all she was the creator of Ira and Invidia which were pinnacles of current technology as far as puppets are concerned. "My bad, you are the BEST blacksmith in the world." she correct herself, emptying her cup of sake and refilling it. Rika didn't know Becca too well, but she knew she was close with Jasmine, likely soon to be lovers if not already. Becca had given Rika a bad taste when they first met, but it seemed she wasn't so bad over the years of occasionally running into her. Perhaps Rika would be able to be friends with her someday too.

The next thing Jasmine had to say was a little shocking. She was studying the seven swords? She understood Jasmine's reasoning behind wanting to do that, but they were ancient and sacred weapons, surely even she wouldn't be able to improve upon them. Perhaps with time Rika would find out if she could really do it, it would be quite a feat after all. "I see, well if you need any help let me know." she said as she took another sip of the sweet drink. The warmth had spread and she was starting to feel the effects of slight intoxication. She had never really drank much in the past so she wasn't too familiar with the sensation, but surely this was it. Rika took on a devious smile after the last thing Jasmine said to her. Perhaps she would play a bit. "Actually... Well I shouldn't tell you this but, I trust you. There is a secret 8th Blade. This sword chooses one of the Blades when they awaken their first weapon, and the chosen person becomes the secret leader of the Blades." she said with a very serious face.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime30th July 2014, 1:24 am

Jasmine would do a little dance, when Rika called her the best blacksmith in the world obviously pleased that Rika was quick to catch on, and would continue eating. Um well it would help if you told Cyrus that I wanted to meet him in hmm..3 days maybe? That'll be the day right before I'm due because I don't know how much free time I'll have after Jazz is born. Jasmine would say quickly before picking up glass and drinking some tea however what Rika said right after shocked her to much that she would actually do a spit take to the side her eyes widening and putting her glass down immediately. Ugh I'm sorry what?! Jasmine would say her eyes widening, she hadn't know this apparently it was a secret but what an 8th blade she would look around as if to make sure that there was no one around, completely forgetting that they were in her home so that was pointless before lifting her hand beckoning Rika to continue.

There's an eigth blade, which picks the leader...that..that's perhaps the biggest news I've heard. So there aren't just seven of you there are actually eight, I don't suppose there is anyway I'll be able to meet this secret leader? Is it the Shogun is he the leader but all the time's I've seen him during one of his speeches he's never had any weapon is that why it's secret? Oh I'm sorry I'm probably asking way more questions than I could..um start over 8th Blade. What does it look like at least, yeah? Jasmine said becoming a lot more alert as it practically threw her plans for a loop if she wasn't able to see the last blade how could she ever truly understand them all. Right now she knew that all of them had something of a sibling bond with one another as they all were living weapons but generally didn't like to act like them she had figured Hiramekarei was the last one since she knew it could change forms simply by studying it after her laison with Rainer but a final 8th blade...and it was for the leader? Truly it would be a masterpiece beyond all the others.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime30th July 2014, 1:38 am

Jasmine's reaction was perfect. A little too perfect. She was a bit too serious about this, Rika thought it might be a good idea to stop the joke before Jasmine got too caught up in it... naww, she knew this was way too juicy of an opportunity to pass up. The chance to pick on someone that was as smart as Jasmine was rare and quite the enjoyable experience. "Ohhhh yes, it's the strongest of them all. They say if all seven of the swords were combined, it would simply be a slightly inferior cousin to the 8th Blade..." she said. Rika finished off her second cup, this time going much faster than the first, and got started on a third. "The chosen one is among the seven Blades, the 8th blade is only revealed to the chosen one once they awaken their first sword out of the original seven. The leader is among the Blades that you know of. I know who, but I may need to be a bit drunker before I can reveal such a thing to you." she said pushing an empty cup towards Jasmine.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime30th July 2014, 1:54 am

Jasmine's mind was swimming through the possibilities a final blade that was crazy..but Rika wouldn't lie about something like this she had used her serious voice. So it had to be true but this..this was changing everything but to dangle it in front of her she didn't care whether Rika was a minor and thus would pour her more sake though it was clear that perhaps she should slow down a bit. But if she did then Jasmine would never know..which meant that she would keep the alchohol coming and would settle down a bit as she didn't want to seem too impatient. Here you go..now then continue I have to know more...one of the blades I know has it, so that means they keep it hidden like a secret weapon. ...Wait it..it couldn't be you right? I thought we were friends I mean I get why you wouldn't tell me right away but I mean still.. Jasmine said pouting trying to get Rika to either admit it was her or omit it thus removing her as a possible person and narrowing it down further.

It couldn't be Rainer right he didn't seem the type then again he always did have Konrad with him to what if the real weilder of Hiramekarei was Konrad while Rainer actuall- [/color=hotpink]Oh my Kami. It's Rainer he said something about having another weapon which always made him angry everytime he weilded it is that why it's a secret because it's so powerful that it actually takes control of it's weilder. That...that's terrifying I can see why you don't want information like that to get out, like what if someone tried to steal it it could just take their body over and force them to kill themselves. I mean knew Samehada was rumored to be the the most picky and did mean things to those that it didn't like but...that would just blur the lines between weapon and weilder.[/color] Jasmine said completely buying the ruse, seeing as she trusted Rika and didn't think she was joking about their actually being a final blade. In fact it made sense and her brain started rationalizing it though some part of her knew something didn't add up but the fact that Rainer had mentioned the other blade made her think it was that.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime30th July 2014, 2:05 am

Rika grinned as Jasmine was taking the bait and running with it. This was way easier than Rika expected, but she didn't realize how serious Jasmine was about it and she took a drink of her freshly filled cup. Jasmine seemed to be running through the possibilities in her mind and the most logical one to her seemed to be Rainer. RAINER? Who was the highest ranking Blade? Who took their job the most seriously? And she decided Rainer was the most likely. Rika crossed her arms and frowned. "It's definitely not Rainer... but good to know you think he would make a better leader than me." she said, pouting. Rika took another drink... and another. "Whats in this stuff? Is so tasty! Nipaa!" she said while staring into the cup as if she was going to see something in it that explained the answer to her question. "Oh right I was telling you... the leader of the Blades and the wielder of the great 8th sword... is none other than Rika Ryuude." she said. Rika managed to smile as her vision went black and she collapsed on Jasmine's couch.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime30th July 2014, 2:17 am

This was it, the moment she had been waiting for...and Rika had paused for dramatic effect only to reveal that it was her and promptly collapse causing Jasmine's mouth to drop. She couldn't even apologize for doubting her before she would manage to close her mouth push her seat back and then crouch down, so difficult to do, and check Rika's pulse. Ugh Rika...who knew you were such a lightweight. But kyaaah your cute voice coming out was so adorable. I guess you can crash here for a bit, especially since now when you wake up I can quiz you all about your super secret blade. Jasmine said straightening up using the table to pull herself up and sighing to herself before taking a seat once more and beginning to eat more sushi seeing as the only other person who would want some was currently incapacitated.

She idly wondered exactly how to explain this to Becca when she got home..that would surely be interesting. Sure Rika was quite attractive and a virgin most likely and while Jasmine was tempted how could she not be tainting the innocence of someone was always fun she knew if she ever slept with Rika Becca wouldn't forgive her. Especially considering she had already slept with Rainer this week and thus was skating on thin ice with her girlfriend. Heh..girlfriend still not used to that. she thought to herself as she thought chewing before swallowing and picking up another with her chop sticks do so again.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime30th July 2014, 2:39 am

Rika moaned on the couch, tossing and turning as she tried to fight waking up. She just wanted to sleep all day... yeah that would be nice. Eventually she gave up and slowly opened her eyes. As light burned its way into her face she felt like she had just taken a rasengan to the face. "ughhh... oh kami..." she said as she slowly sat up and rubbed her head which didn't really help at all. She didn't know what house she was in so she just sat there for a moment as she came back to conciousness ever so slowly. Her memory returned to her slightly after a few minutes. She was at Jasmines house they met to talk about... well just talk, it was a social thing. Then they had food and Rika... drank. That's what this was. The hangover feeling she had heard about but never actually experienced, and oh god was it terrible. She still couldn't seem to remember much of what happened after she started drinking, but it was very clear she never really stopped drinking. "What happened last night?" she groaned the four unmistakable words that were almost always spoken by people in her current situation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Blacksmith and an Assassin   A Blacksmith and an Assassin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Blacksmith and an Assassin
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next