Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world

Go down 
+2
Aurielle
Meimu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Meimu

Meimu

Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Empty
PostSubject: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime7th June 2014, 12:16 pm

I'M THROWING A MUTHA FING PARTY

"Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type."

and if you're interested in the rest of the info here it is...

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

"Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals

The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim. Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley, all of whom have been redesigned. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle."

Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime7th June 2014, 5:29 pm

Oh god Mega Swampert Rain Dance Team Rape..... By the way I LOVE the design for Mega Swampert
Mega Sceptile with Lightning Rod though..hmm..I guess the set up will usually be Unburden Sceptile with a Gem hit hard to get the Unburden Boost before Mega Evolving. Lightning Rod means it can switch in to Tbolts and nerf Thunder-wave.

Groudon and Kyogre regressing makes sense because they were the pokemon which literally created the world the fact that they aren't super brolic is kind of an insult to them. Admittedly Time, Space and Reverse World should be stronger but other legendaries such as Lugia etc shouldn't have the same base stats as the Weather Trio. Like Lugia get's respect but...it didn't make the Ocean. Lol.

Kind of upset for Steven he should of had a Mega Metagross as his signature mega and keep in line with him using his Steel Types.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime7th June 2014, 5:44 pm

I'm a little sad he's getting lightning rod when he could have gotten so many other good things, and lightning rod just seems like an odd fit. BUT seeing how a lot of wifi battles are now double battles, I love the idea of lightning rod on him
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime7th June 2014, 5:59 pm

True. Personally I would of preferred him get something like Leaf Gaurd or something like that. Lightning Rod is ...unique honestly what I didn't expect was for Swampert to get Swift Swim because he's a bulky sweeper. Now that he's brolic I'm expecting him to be more sweeper like or be bulk enough to replace Quagsire. Then again though Lightning Rod Sceptile mean 1/4 effective Electric Attacks so you can pair it up with a 4x weak to Electric and just rape.
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime7th June 2014, 6:04 pm

well one of the most common clauses in battles now is RainDance+SwiftSwim and I've even seen Drizzle+SwiftSwim clauses come out to stop it in double battles. I dont see megaSwamp being too overly great unless it gets some huge stat boosts.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime7th June 2014, 6:18 pm

Because weather is a god like set up. It was so brolic that they had to nerf it in 6th gen because Perma Weather ruled the upper tier Metagame. Personally I'd run Swampert regularily it's Water Ground Typing is perfect and depending on it's stat boosts with the Mega which I'm hoping make it even more bulky I'll have essentially a Quagsire with a more diverse moveset.

Personally I'm still going to pick Torchic. Just because that was my starter back then and It will be my starter now. Most likely going to have a Torchic, Ralts, Slakoth, Skarmory, Heracross & Gorebyss as my Elite Four Team.
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime8th June 2014, 8:10 am

Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Mega_digivolution_by_supacrikeydave-d6l3mwy
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime8th June 2014, 4:02 pm

Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world 10365828_292501620922222_9154619560570175191_n
Back to top Go down
Kubo

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime8th June 2014, 4:05 pm

no SapSipper Swmapert?

no Chyrophyll/ an ability to make it's moves either hit for grass or dragon Sceptile
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime8th June 2014, 4:23 pm

honestly glad they didn't give sceptile the usual ability list....I mean lightningrod is an odd fit but the more I think about it the more I like it.

and sapsipper swamp would have made him so broken
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime8th June 2014, 7:40 pm

Already saw this news and the idea of this "Ancient Devolution" I find really interesting. I hope they don't stop with it with just Kyogre, Groudon, and (I'm assuming Rayquaza). It might work out interesting with fossil pokemon. What if Kabutops is a different form from what it originally was, and it simple changed over time to the Kabutops we know. Or maybe Scientists ability to bring back fossils is flawed. Who knows, but it would be interesting to have Ancient Devolution for fossil pokemon. Of course I'm biased because I don't think there is a single Fossil pokemon I don't like, except maybe gen V fossils cuz... they kinda sucked imo. Anyways... Anything else people thought of they might do with Ancient Devolution?

As for what I'll be getting, depends on if they include 4thgen and on pokemon in the main game as wild pokemon. For starter I'm gonna pick up mudkip for old times sake, and probably gonna grab a Flygon as well. I've always wanted to use a Torkoal so i may pick him up. The others, not sure, but not manetric. Fuck manetric. Oh and if Chimecho gets a mega, I'll definitely want him cuz he is adorable.
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime8th June 2014, 7:45 pm

2 words and a title that would make pokemon the perfect

Mega Mr. Mime
Back to top Go down
Kubo

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime8th June 2014, 8:38 pm

Sap Sipper would give him not weaknesses right?
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime9th June 2014, 1:12 am

Gen V fossils are still boss. The only problem is Archen has that stupid ability but even so it's fast and strong enough to sweep unprepared teams and Caracossta has Shell Smash. Nuff Said. But yeah I agree with Misty if it also extends to fossils I'm going to be mad hype. Then again I always figured that fossils only got the rock typing because they were well fossils. Not that I hate it but it'll be interesting to see what happens if that's what goes on. I'm also assuming it'll also extend to Palkia, Giratina and co as well as the other super ancient legendaries while the newer ones would get mega evolutions.

If anything it'll probably make for the Third Stage evolutions that all Fossils seem to lack well cept Aerodactyl but that's only because it got a mega. Because even though the stat spread for fossil pokemon is generally good there base stat total are are like 410-510 or somewhere about. If there was a base 600 Fossil pokemon they'd actually become quite powerful pokemon..well even more than they are already. Imagine a Rampardos with base 600 Stats...agh they could make it actually take a hit, make it faster so it becomes a glass cannon with booster jets or even worse they can boost it's already massive base 165 attack into something rivaling Attack Form Deoxys (Not that it isn't far away from it).

The only thing I do know because of that jap magazine is the Groudon + Kyogre + Rayquaza is an actual thing. Which I'm assuming is going to be some sort of boosted version of how Kyurem can merge with Reshram or Zekrom.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime14th June 2014, 3:58 am

honestly, there is only one thing that disappointed me with the mega evolution, the fact they werent permanent. its just like the heck why label it as "mega evolution" if it isnt a true evolution, it is more like changing clothes. Don't get me wrong i love the ones they have although i do kinda wish they would have given blastoise a cooler look or two mega forms..... >.> fuck you char.... XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world   Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a tad bit of news coming out of the Pokemon world
Page 1 of 1