Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

POKEMON SHOWDOWN

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zen

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime19th April 2014, 1:40 pm

Zen here with something fun he has found to help you people pass the time in between posting. Its called Pokemon Showdown, which can be found at the link below.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/

Now what is this, we all know competitive pokemon battling where you link your gameboys together and battle people. Well this is that, except online. I know its wonderful. It gets better considering the fact that you get to pick everything, item, happiness, ability (all abilities, I have a Blaziken with speed boost), EV points, yes you get to control EV points, even Nature. Oh Mega Evolutions is allowed on this site to.

Since I have your attention now, here is the walkthrough to getting started. Click on the link, then you will arrive on the site. Click "Play Online," don't worry about installing it, nothing will change. Once your in, on the top right you will see "Choose Name." Make your screen name, its how people will be able to battle you. If you want to, to the right of the "Choose Name," is a screw. If you click on that you can change your avatar, they have a lot of them.

Onto teambuilder, that will be on your left, click on that. Then click "New Team." They will ask for format, pick Ubers. Why Ubers, cuz they have no limit on the pokemon you can use, so everything is allowed in Ubers. After that click "Add Pokemon," type in its name and you will be able to figure the rest out.

Last is how to battle people, which took me a while to figure out how to battle friends instead of randoms. How you do this, back on the main screen you will see official chatrooms/chatrooms. Pick one to join where the person you are trying to battle is in. Unfortunately you have to scroll through the names in the chatroom, click on the person who you are attempting to battle, then click challenge. After that enjoy proving that you are better than them.

Due to needing the person's screen name, post yours here.
Back to top Go down
Rivers

Rivers

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime19th April 2014, 3:05 pm

I'm Driz on there~
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime19th April 2014, 3:24 pm

Queeniezzzz
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Co

Co

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime19th April 2014, 9:01 pm

I figured all of you already knew about that game. I haven't been on in quite some time, but i'd assume i'm Tibodico
Back to top Go down
Zen

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime19th April 2014, 10:41 pm

Thanks for sharing with the group cola, but you didn't share you bastard.

Cross_Rave

When I am on, find me in the lobby
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime20th April 2014, 4:35 am

So like...I made all these teams...thinking that rotation was available..but I can't...find it.
Back to top Go down
Zen

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime20th April 2014, 8:59 am

By rotation I assume you mean start one battle use a team, go into another battle auto use another team. unless you know something I don't, I thought you pick the team you wanna use before the battle.
Back to top Go down

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime20th April 2014, 12:43 pm

Mujin >.>
Back to top Go down
Rivers

Rivers

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime20th April 2014, 3:01 pm

I'm assuming she meant the rotation battle introduced in B2/W2:

Quote :
A Rotation Battle consists of three Pokémon outside of their Poké Balls, similar to a Triple Battle, but only one Pokémon can attack at a time. Unlike switching or moving positions in a Triple Battle, rotating Pokémon is a free action, meaning both players may rotate and attack in the same turn.

Nope, they only do plain battles. They also have a shit ton of rules depending on which tier you're fighting in.
Back to top Go down
Zen

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime20th April 2014, 3:19 pm

Oh no they dont have that. And yes there are different rules for the different battle types, that is why I said use uber because they have the least amount of rules, and allow you to use any pokemon. While some of the other battle types limit you, like OU and UU.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime20th April 2014, 4:08 pm

I just set it up for like none. so I can participate in whatever cuz I typically run weird teams..
Back to top Go down
Rivers

Rivers

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime20th April 2014, 4:15 pm

Lol I just do random battles. They give you a perfectly good OU team and pit you against other random OU teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

POKEMON SHOWDOWN Empty
PostSubject: Re: POKEMON SHOWDOWN   POKEMON SHOWDOWN Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POKEMON SHOWDOWN
Page 1 of 1