Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

[TRAIN]Off the coast

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Meimu

Meimu

[TRAIN]Off the coast Empty
PostSubject: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime3rd March 2014, 11:29 am

Day 2, Some island, Somewhere, no rainbows
My training with master has yet to start. When master said he wanted to take me to a secret place known only by his family for trainning, I thought I might actually learn something usefull from this old man. One day out here on the island and the only thing I've done so far is find fresh water and build a small hut, no thanks to that lazy bastard. He keeps rambling on about how in his day, the student would just be dropped off on the island to survive, and the master wouldn't return untill the three full moons later. A special way to make the student learn on his own. Yea right, seems more likely it was a way to break the minds of the students. I think I would have prefered it if he just dropped me off here. At least then it would be quiet.

"Mat." the old man called out trying to find his student. "Matsuigen..." He called out again getting a bit louder. "Wake the hell up before I throw this damn book at your head." Shuin yelled to the open door of a makeshift hut. Barely standing to the gentle breeze of the rolling waves, it seemed to be ready to go at any moment. Still though the little hut worked well enough to keep the rain off the people inside, or rather the person.

"I'm up, I'm up. Don't have to yell so freaking loud." Mat said semi crowling his way out of the hut. His eyes half shut as if ready to roll back over and go back to sleep. His hair looked like, well like he just spent the night sleeping on sand. Standing up straight the boy twisted his body stretching it out but not quite fast enough for Shuin, as the book came flying at him anyway.

"Out of everyone I've seen on this island, you seemed to be the slowest one." Shuin said taking a perch on a large stone. He looked Mat as he sat down on the top of the rock and crossed his legs. "Consider this day one of your training." Shuin said as he reached into a bag hanging from his shoulder.

The sound of the book flying through the air, the pages being twisted from the air catching them, was enough for Mat to see, or rather hear it coming from a mile away. His hand drifted up catching the book by the spine and tossing it back inside the small hut. "O really cause I thought training had all ready started on the boat ride here." Mat remarked recalling what the crazy old man had told him. Mat's blind eyes turned towards the sound of Shuin on top of the rock. He really didn't care what the old man had to say about his statment so he continued on without waiting for an answer. "Where do we begin then?" Mat may not show much respect to Shuin but he couldn't help be know this man had to have some sort of power beyond reason.

"Normally on this island the student would strugle with mind and body to learn every thing there is to know about the truth of the Inakamono. BUT your special." Shuin said pulling out a pipe from his bag. His thumb drifted to the bowl of the pipe and pressed into it backing what ever he happened to be smoking today. "I've been teaching you about my family all ready so I think its time for you to learn about your family." Shuin said resting the moutpiece between his lips and his hands returned to his bag to retrieve a box of matches. Shuin knew Mat's father rather well, and between that and the natural information pipline that is the Inakamono, he had a fairly wide knowledge of many things. "Your eyes." Shuin said as he struck the first match.

Mat knew exactly where this training was going. He'd all ready thought about this training for weeks before coming here. It was a personal goal of his. Every free waking moment put into thinking about how to awaken the first stage of his bloodline. A smile crossed his face while he thought about this. A smile that caught Shuin off gaurd as he stopped puffing on his pipe a second. "For once I've got a lead up on you." Mat said as he put his hands together and took a seat on the sand. Mat's family bloodline focused on the vibration of particles. The first step a person needed to take to unlock stage two is to move chakra towards the normally dead optic nerves of the clan member's eyes. The second step is to use that chakra to vibrate the particles stimulating the octical nerve. A seemless process for sure, but one that took practice to keep it activated. Shuin gave a little laugh as the boy's eyes shifted. Perhaps he could have just left him alone here.

STAGE 2 DOUJUTSU
Back to top Go down
Zen

PostSubject: Re: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime3rd March 2014, 12:17 pm

Approved but next time can you add the word count
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime4th March 2014, 8:03 pm

O.O.C. Sry about the not including the word count I'll make sure to do that from now on. The frist training for the doujutsu was 200 words, the text is 600 something. I dont count the opening in the word count. Was kind of bored so wrote kind of a journal entry type of deal.

Day 6,
Day 6. Not much more I can say besides that. Master is more of a pain here than he ever was at home. I can't help but think to myself how life would be different if I just stayed home. How much different my life would be if my father was still alive. Would I still be learning from this idiot or would he take the place as a real father and teach me himself. How in the world could mother actually trust this guy. I mean its obvious to me that he's a bit stronger than me, but he doesn't seem to be hiding anything either. How did my father even become friends with someone like this? A fool with no place in this world, and yet still everyone seems to trust him with their lives. Maybe he is hiding something there.

The past week had been eventful at the start but slowed down to a near hault about mid way through the week. Starting off the week, waking up on a boat heading to an island wrapped in fog, Mat actually thought he'd make some advancments in this world instead of just wasting away with such foolish training. Day one was purely about surviving. Water, food, shelter all high on the priority list. Day two was the official start of Mat's training. A training he'd done on his own, without any assistance from his master. Still though his eyes power had grown quickly. He was well on the way to becoming a shinobi his father would be proud of. Stage two of his clan's doujutsu was an easy thing to learn. Stage three was proving to take much longer. Three full days was spent meditating on the sands of islands. All most frosted sands in the morning, and searing sands in the afternoon. It was a miniture hell, or at least what Mat thought of hell at this point. All this time Shuin woundered about doing what ever it was he did. It didn't really matter what he was really doing. All that mattered was he had nothing to assist Mat with. Finally though, Mat was at his ends.

"This isn't working." Mat said throwing his hands at the sand at his sides, effectively breaking his concentration. His new eyes flipped around looking for signs of Shuin, but found none. "Come on." Mat nearly yelled out as he laid back on the cooling sand. The sun was just starting to set on the water as he prepaired to give in for the day. Huffing out a huge breath, like trying to get the attention of well someone, Mat was ready to leave this island all ready. Quickly he raised his legs putting pressure onto the palms of his hands by his neck. With a hard tug Mat lifted his body from the sand, jumping to his feet. "I swear if I find out you took the boat off the island without me, I'll kill you." Mat yelled out to the empty jungle behind him. His voice bounced off the water and seemed to echo about in the cove a moment before disappearing. Minutes passed by before anything was heard.

"Of course it isn't working." Shuin whispered into Mat's left ear. His sudden appearence threw the boy off guard and sent him stumbling away. Shuin laughed a little to himself as he stood up straight. "If you could use the same process with little new effort why would anything change." Shuin said turning to pick up a stone from the beach.

"So how do you suggest going about thi..." Mat started to speak as he turned to look at the foggy image of Shuin in his eyes. Quickly though he was cut off as a stone caught him in the left of the jaw. "WHAT THE HELL..." Mat yelled out in a bit of shock, with a sprinkle of pain. He started to turn again but this time his eyes faintly caught the motion of a rock. Confirmed by his hearing Mat shifted to the right barely avoiding this one. "You could have given me a warning." Mat complained, locking his eyes on the feint shape of Shuin.

"I do believe you once could catch a book flying at you." Shuin started speaking as he picked up a few more rocks. "How were you able to do that?" Shuin asked, knowing full well how he was able to.

"I heard them coming." Mat said quickly as his eyes flicked about searching for movments as he could see Shuin's shape start moving about. He was expecting more rocks but none came from the time being. Still though everytime a muscle in Shuin's arm pulsed, Mat's legs tighted up ready to move.

Meanwhile Shuin stood perfectly still juggling seven stones. "So in your short time training you learned one new ability and forgot the rest of your skills. Sounds like a worthless student. Sounds like a worthless person." Shuin babbled on correcting himself quickly at the end. The stones glidded perfectly around until finally he threw one of the stones, catching Mat in the neck as he tried to shift out of the way. Quickly another and another went flying from the juggling clown, all hitting Mat.

Mat's mind was flying around as the stones pelted his body untill finally he started to understand. To strengthen one sense a person normally would erase his other senses but that wasn't going to work here. "My hearing will strengthen my eyes." Mat said quietly in the break of Shuin picking up more stones. As the next round began to rain in, Mat managed to avoid four of the seven. His eyes flicked about as the gainy images began to refine thier selves and the movment the particles became clearer to Mat. The outline of objects starting to solidify a bit more till finally, he dodged a group of seven stones.

DOUJUTSU STAGE 3 837/500 words
Back to top Go down
Zen

PostSubject: Re: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime4th March 2014, 8:18 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime7th July 2014, 12:23 am

Day 10,
 Its kind of amazing as I think back growing up. I was born blind and you learn to survive. My parents all ways talked about one day I might just able to gain my vision back, but it was no more than fairy tale. Ten days out here. Ten days with this crazy demonic clown of a human being, and that fairy tale is near reality. Its fuzzy, but fir the first time ever I know truely how tall a tree is. I know just how a bird looks bouncing across the hot sand of the beach. So I can't see details, and I cant even see colors, and may be to a normal person this would mean nothing, but to me. To me, this new vision has changed how I view the world.

The sun began to draw towards midway of the sky as Mat laid sleeping on his makeshift bed. The sun's rays began to peek through the tree tops and landing on Mat's cheek. The heat seared into his skin untill finally he had no choice but to get up. He sat up straight and let out a huge yawn keeping his eyes shut tight. It was the usual for him, only just recently actually being able to use those eyes for anything. His ears tuned into the sounds around him as he sat there trying to wake himself. The squaks of birds were clear and the washing waves on the beach were soothing. It was honestly nice place to camp out at, here on this beach, and the natural nice was nice but Mat was looking for the very familar sounds of a horrific nature.

This was the first morning Mat wasn't rudely awakened by his master, but at the same time it was the first morning Mat was excited to train with his master. Ready to get started, and figuring that his master was in the area, Mat stood up and spoke.

"All right master. Lets not waste any more time." Mat said with a smile on his face. He dusted his worn pants off, knocking a bit of sand loose. "I'm more than ready to get started. How about you?" Mat said opening his eyes. His vision was horrible to say the least but he'd learned to make out shapes. His eyes darted from side to side as he searched for the shape he had grown to call master, but was slightly shocked not to find him. "Master?" Mat said outloud just incase he had missed him. There were no sounds of a voice, breathing, footsteps or anything else created by a person.

The drawing voidness of non-human noises took less than a minute to set into Mat's mind. He'd wished for the chance to be alone since coming to this island. His master was a good master, but an annoying one to say the least. Still though Mat had just started to see the world, and it was all thanks to his master's help. He wasn't ready to take a day off now. Just when Mat was nearly ready to panic, a voice echoed down the beach, calling out to him.

"Come boy. Come find me." The voice said. It was soft but noticable. It seemed to float through the air as if traveling from miles just to reach Mat's ears.

Without a seconds delay Mat snaped his head in the direction of the voice. "I was waiting on you master." Mat called back before heading in the direction of the sound. Minutes passed by, feeling like hours as no reply came from the voice. Mat's new found vision was his newest tool and he despritly seeked out the shape of his master but to no success. He needed to strength his vision but he didn't know how. It was the whole reason he was here seeking his master out.

"Come now. Don't tell me you're not ready to begin this morning." The voice finally answered back. This time it was much louder, but Mat caught it from many different angles. It wasn't the only thing that was confusing as the sounds of the waves and the squaks of the birds did the same, all most as if they were all inside of a cave of sorts. Hearing would be all most impossible to lock down the source of the voice. May be some where deep in his mind Mat knew what his master was doing here, but the rest of his mind was all most in full panic mode as he felt, well blind and lost in this place.

Being unable to see was something he was used to. Being unable to pinpoint sounds, was new and frightening to him. He jaw slammed shut and Mat squeezed his eyes shut tight in fear of this place. "No no no" the voice called back again. "Fear is a friend. Open your eyes. Its a sign of true respect to look a person in the eyes while talking to them." The voice said instructing Mat.

Slowly Mat peeked out searching again but not really making out any shape. Shaping his head in anger now of not knowing anything he shut his eyes tight. Concentrating he forced as much power into his eyes and he poped them open ignoring his fear. Shapes slowly began to solidify in Mat's new vision. Slowly his eyes strengthened as his doujutsu reached new levels.

770/700 Doujutsu stage 4
Back to top Go down
Zen

PostSubject: Re: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime7th July 2014, 8:56 am

Approved
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime7th July 2014, 11:11 am

Day 11,
 Last night was a dream. At least part of me hopes it was. I mean I got what I wanted, a brand new power, but everything changed so fast. I supposed it wasn't all bad, but I can't help but feel as though I wasn't fully prepared for that big of a change. I wounder if everyone with these eyes went through this. I wounder how many people began to see things they wished they never did.

LAST NIGHT  

With his eyes reaching a new level, Mat became amazed as shapes began to become clearer. It was thrilling, to be born blind and then suddenly be granted the ability to see. Light and dark wasn't really an issue to Mat as his vision didn't rely on light reflecting off things, so at first it was hard to tell where he was now as he followed the calling voice. It took only moments though for Mat to feel the temperature drop on his skin. Shadows had covered him blocking out the sunlight, or at least Mat thought it was shadows. The sound of the rolling waves grew quieter and quieter as Mat moved along. The air grew colder giving away to Mat that he must be being lead into a cave of sorts.

"Years of Inakamono have come to this island." The voice called out in a somber tone. The voice echoed about but Mat was hit with it faster. He'd found the source of the sound for sure now. The shape of his master finally recognizable, standing dead center of what could only now be truly called a cave. Mat was horrible at seeing facial expressions, but it was ever clear by the sound of his master's voice, this place was not a place to go strolling through on a daily basis. Something here pained his master, and like any student Mat grew curious. His eye flickered about searching for some shapes he could make out in the cave but to no success. The walls were uneven and ill formed. Spikes hung from the ceiling and spikes rose from the ground like miniature trees in Mat's new vision. Nothing seemed inherently bad though as he glanced around in silence next to his master.

"It was tradition for a student to be dropped off here, alone." Mat's master continued starting to tell a bit of a story. "An Inakamono should have perfect control of their emotions. An Inakamono should hold no grudges, no anger, no fear, no sadness, no joy, nothing that holds them to the name, human. This island is where countless Inakamono lost those things that could make him human. But countless more lost their very lives in the struggle of losing their humanity." Shuin said in his usually backwards slightly cryptic ways. "Thousands of my children died here all because of a tradition. All because those before me thought the life of an Inakamono should be on of true isolation from the world. Idiots." Mat could feel the disgust in Shuin's voice as he finished that sentence. His anger flaring up as he picked up the pace with each word until that final word barked out of his mouth. Mat honestly had no clue what to do, but remain in silence as his master spoke.

Shuin reached up and took his hat off his head. Slowly the figure of a man moved towards the wall of the cave and a mound on the ground. This master of the Inakamono dropped his hat and remained perfectly still as it drifted down and rested on the ground. With a final nod Shuin turned away. "No more." Shuin said moving towards Mat, and brushing past him quickly. "I promised your father I'd train you, but I promised your mother what it meant to live in this world. And still I promised my self, you would be the new generation." Shuin said in the most upbeat voice he had spoke in since day one on this island. "Your eyes of that clan was the first goal, and I'll make sure you know everything I know about your father's abilities, but you will be the next generation. I will make you the next legend." Shuin said as he turned back to face Mat who was following him. Mat was more than ready for anything Shuin threw at him. Well at least he thought he was.

"As it stands, those eyes of your's are just starting to develop. Seeing things is only bonus when it comes to them. Put forth the effort and you'll gain so much more." Shuin said pulling out a hand full of pellets. Opening his hand wide, Shuin let the pellets roll out and hit the ground. In an instant they popped releasing smoke into the cave. Within seconds the cave filled with smoke. "This vision, like any visions can be hindered, BUT in the games of vision, you only need to see better than your opponent." Shuin said as he seemingly disappeared from Mat's vision. Mat's eyes darted around as he tried to focus. The rapid movement of the smoke was confusing Mat's vision and made it near impossible to even tell where the walls of the cave was. "I told you I knew everything." Shuin called out again. His voice was clear and dead a head, yet Mat couldn't see him. "The human eye can naturally see for miles, but your eyes aren't so lucky. Put forth the effort and you'd be able to see much clearer, much further." Shuin's voice resonated from the same place, just outside of Mat's range of vision. Frustration began to over take Mat and he was ready to scream in a fit of rage. The first few days had come quickly and easy but here he struggled to reach his goal.

Finally Mat let out a scream. "Why isn't this working. I'm doing just like the others. Calm mind. Chakra control. Focus. COME ONE." Mat screamed out, causing Shuin to chuckle a little.

"Inakamono as calm collective people." Shuin said mockingly. His voice showed his position again. He honestly wasn't moving around but that only added to Mat's frustrations. "I trained you as an Inakamono, but you are no Inakamono. Let emotion slow." Shuin said as Mat let out a scream of pain. Chakra being forced into one's eyes has its limits and forcing one's doujutsu to evolve was just as stressful. Quickly though the end result was shown as Mat's eyes locked onto a figure in the distance. A hum vibrated the very walls of the cave and heat began to resonate from Mat's body. It was only for a moment, but a moment was all that was needed as Mat power disappeared. The hum ended sharply and the only sound that resonated from the cave was a single thud as his body hit the ground. "Nope surely not an Inakamono." Shuin said with a laugh as he walked through the smoke filled cave to retrieve his student.

1088/1000 Doujutsu stage 5
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime8th July 2014, 11:05 pm

Mat woke up two days later, laying in a cotten bed. A rag on his forehead and quilts drawn up to his chin. Slowly the boy lifted his arm up to push back the quilts. Bracing himself up on his right elbow he turned to roll out of this bed. The cloth from his forehead fell onto the ground as Mat struggled to his feet. With no memories of how he got their, he only had on thing to do. Escape. It was a natural response to him. After spending days on the island with only his master around, not a sign of a house or a building much less of an over fancy bed, Mat wasn't about to sit around here and find out who brought him here. The fumbling weak boy drifted around the room searching for an exit. His hands drifted up to a lock on a window just at eye level. His body moving faster than his mind could act. Before he knew it the lock opened up and the double door window flung open, a little too hard. As the left door reached the full length of its swing it banged on the outside of the house and shattered the glass.

"Really." Shuin's voice said calmly. The sound seem to stun Mat in place. Slowly he looked back at his master in the corner next to the bed. "The door is right there, you could have just used that. BUT NOOoooOOooo. My student has to break a window while trying to escape his own master's home." Shuin said slowly standing to his feet. "You'll fix that later." He said not giving Mat a second to think things through. "For now come. You've been out for two days and I dont have time to waste sitting around here with you." Shuin spouted out as he moved towards the door and out of the small one room hut of a house. "Come come." He continued motioning for Mat to hurry up.

Mat stumbled through the door and out into the sunlight, finding himself back on the island. "Whaere am I." Mat whispered out, sluring his words as he did.

"Never left the island. Your back at my house. You think I've been sleeping in trees this entire time. Please I dont have the back for that." Shuin said complaining as he lead Mat through the forest. In ten days on this island Mat hadn't been further than twenty thirty feet into the forest. Food was avaliable and Shiun seemed to bring a supply of water to Mat in the morning when he woke him up. It wasn't that Mat never thought about exploring a bit but he didn't have the time.

Mat followed the sound of Shuin's foot steps as he walked through the forest. He matched each step perfectly avoiding bumping into anything. His eyes were shut tight as he moved along. He wasn't completely at full strength yet, and the rapid motion around him made his sick to his stomach. It seemed like at least an hour of walking went by into this forest before Shuin's steps stopped. Mat stopped as well waiting for instructions. Instructions that never came. Shuin cleared his throat and Mat turned his face towards him still waiting on instructions that never came. The sound of water rushing through a river could be heard but it was strange. The sounds seemed to be echoing up from hundreds of feet away, bouncing off walls.

"Well." Shuin said plainly. His voice caught Mat's ears and shocked him slightly. "Your eyes have grown emensly but you still have miles to go to get where you need to be." Shuin's voice was at the very least fourty feet away. There were no sounds of movments, nothing he just seemed to float across the turrain and now expected Mat to do the same. Though not completely at one hundred percent yet, Mat opened his eyes. Pumping chakra into them agian he found his vision range increased. A hum filled the area defining objects much more, but Mat's jaw dropped at what he found between him and his master. A casem spaned the distance between them.

"HOW IN HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO CROSS THAT?" Mat yelled out in a bit of anger. He inched his way to the edge of the cliff. His toes pushed a stone off the edge as a kind of way to confirm what he saw. Still not completely ready to continue his training, but seeming to force his body to continue, Mat poured his energy into his eyes to find a way. The shift in power seemed to be much easier this time as the hum around him grew much louder. Heat resonated from his body as Mat's vision finally caught a sign, but not one that comforted him in a job well done.

"come come." Shuin said taking a seat on the leadge across from Mat. "Is it too soon. Does baby need to go back and take a nap." Shuin said, seeming way more eager to continue training that before. He seemed to be rushing things. With Mat being out for over a day he seemed like he needed to catch up time.

Mat on the other hand had not time to make that assumption as he was only focused on not passing out and strengthening his own abilities. Standing straight up in the gap between Shuin and Mat, stood tall bamboo. It grew in bunches in a few places and thined out in others. Regaurdless it explained why Mat couldn't hear the soft shoes his master wore as he pranced across the top of the bamboo. Mat reached out with his foot towards a small bundle of bamboo. Still unsure about his vision Mat gengerly placed weight on top of the bamboo. He wasn't worried about his balance, but more, is the bamboo really there. Once confirmed, Mat put his fiat that it would hold him to the test as he pushed out on top of it. Standing there on one foot Mat searched around for his next step.

"Come OOOoooOooon." Shuin cawed out as he was trying his best to rush Mat through this stage. "Have some faith in what you can see. Its not often a master of illusions will tell you that, but with you, there is nothing truer than what you can see." Shuin said pushing Mat along with his words. With the sound of the hum growing much louder Shuin smiled knowing his student was able to keep up with the pace he was trying to set. Mat shifted his weight to the next bamboo. His eyes seemed to find the bamboo much easier and clear as he started bouncing from top to top. He stopped about three steps from reaching the other side as Shuin raised a hand to stop him. "Nah. Changed my mind I dont want to go this way anymore. Go back." Shuin said with a smile.

Mat let out a grown as it was bad enough trying to come over. Slowly he turned around to face back the way he had come. Slowly once he had mapped out the movements in his mind, he started moving back across the tops. Just as his foot touched ground Shuin spoke up again. "Never mind we've come this far might as well move on." Shuin said with a laugh as he bounced up to his feet. "Come come." Shuin chanted as he turned to leave Mat behind. In a panted rush Mat plotted his route for the third time and started the treck to bounce from top to top till he reached Shuin.

1277/1200 Doujutsu stage 6
Back to top Go down
Seran

Seran

PostSubject: Re: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime9th July 2014, 2:26 pm

Approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TRAIN]Off the coast   [TRAIN]Off the coast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[TRAIN]Off the coast
Page 1 of 1