Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Training the Hive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenji

Kenji

Training the Hive Empty
PostSubject: Training the Hive   Training the Hive Icon_minitime10th October 2013, 7:11 pm

Laxus walked out onto the open field of the arena.  He looked around at the rubble in the stands, the crumbling walls of the ancient stadium which, he could only imagine once held bloody fights to the death.  Back in his great great grandfather's time, this was the hub of Hakagakure life.  People came here to wager, to win, to live gloriously, and for many, to die.  That was done away when Hakagakure was destroyed, Laxus's great great grandfather Vincent Yakunan usurped and forced into hiding, though originally many thought he was dead.  The great villages had plotted to take down Hakagakure, which had become a bloody superpower under Vincent's rule.  The worked together to systematically crush the village and murder its inhabitants.  That had been a time of great strife and turmoil between the villages.  A massive power slot had opened up, giving birth to a new village in the North.  

Laxus breathed in deeply, tasting the ancient air of the colosseum.  It held memories, stories from his parents and grandparents about harsher, but in many ways better times.  He remembered heroic tails of how his other great great grandfather nearly assassinated the Kaosgakure kage, ironically a great enemy of Vincent Yakunan as well.  Laxus smirked, it was funny how history could so seemlisly coincide with itself.  Both sides of his family throughout history shared many things, but for years never knew the other existed.  Xander Shinto managed to relocate the entire Shinto Clan, Laxus's clan, to Hakagakure, starting a new age for the once decimated village.  Xander's son, Sangil, Laxus's great grandfather ironically brought along Vincent and his daughter.  The story goes that Vincent died along the way, but was converted into a puppet by Teresa.  From that point on, Sangil and Teresa became inseparable.  They created the Yaju Clan, and together built Hakagakure back up to the superpower it once was, a true force to be reckoned with.  Time passed, and they too succumbed to their own deaths, but they passed on the heirs of clan leader to their children, and their children after that, and finally, to Laxus.  

Laxus placed his hand on the crumbling sandstone wall of the colosseum.  So much history, so much power, so much on his shoulders, yet he felt on top of the world.  Ariagnae, I've been thinking about introducing a new hive into the system, thoughts?  Laxus said aloud to his Black Ant Queen.  No.  No?  Laxus asked incredulously.  Yes.  No.  So, yes?  No.  But you sai-  I said no, the answer is no Laxus.  We do not need another hive.  I'm all you need.  The Ant Queen said, obviously peeved at this point and in no mood for more witty banter.  Hm well, that's too bad, since I sort of already did it.  Ariagnae, meet Sylvia, Queen of the Green Ants.  Play nicely.  You did WHAT?!  Ariagnae screamed in Laxus' hive mind.  Mmm hello sister dear.  A new voice invited itself into the conversation.  We are NOT sisters.  Boy, how dare you bring her in without first consulting with me?  Laxus began taking a lap around the arena, the walking helped clear his mind of these annoying insects.  What do you mean?  I just consulted with you.  But you didn't listen to me.  Ariagnae countered.  Laxus shrugged, I didn't like the consult, but thanks anyway.  Laxus could hear the Black Queen let out a deep and very menacing held breath.  In fact, Laxus realized, if he listened closely enough, he could just make out the sound of blood vessels bursting in the tiny creature's brain.  Relax Ari, what's done is done, no going back now.  Just get used to it.  Laxus said, obviously done with this arguing.  He has a point you know, I'm here to stay.  Sylvia added nonchalantly.  I hate both of you.  Laxus smirked, Don't mind her Sylvia, you'll get used to her...attitude.  I can still hear you!  Ariagnae called back.  Laxus just shook his head and mumbled, Women.  I can hear you!  The two queens chimed in simultaneously.  See?  Getting along already.  Good.

So what is our first order of business master?  Sylvia asked, obviously done with any further conversation with Ariagnae for the time being.  First of all newbie, he isn't our master, he's our host.  We're on equal terms, if anything he's our house.  Ariagnae corrected her.  I don't know Ari, 'master' has a nice ring to it.  So help me Kami if you get a big head from listening to her-  Ants, roll out!  Laxus interrupted her.  With that, hundreds of thousands of ants poured out of Laxus's very being and pooled around him.  Laxus gazed out upon his sea of black and green insects and smiled, Alright listen up, you are now inhabiting the same body, so get used to it.  Make nice, work together, and most importantly, when I say kill, you say how many.  Do not listen to your queens until they too learn to play nice.  They're bad examples.  I, no, we are the rightful heir to the Shinto clan.  So I ask you, will we sit here idly while other clansmen train their troops and get ready to take m- our rightful place?  Or will we too become one functioning unit and cut down all those that stand in our way?  Which will it be?  As if on cue the ants all began to buzz together, filling the arena with a chattering echo of excitement and blood lust.  That's what I thought.  Without another word, the ants all began moving forward, converging on Laxus before disappearing beneath his skin and clothing.  With a shake and slight crack of his neck, Laxus began walking towards the far wall of the Colosseum, Ah it's good to be king.  Inside, he swore he could hear Ariagnae slap her tiny ant forehead.

Hmm but anyway, to answer your question Sylvia, we will be dividing duties between the two of you.  Firstly, we need to get your people sealed up in my garden.  I'm sorry?  Sylvia asked, obviously not fully understanding what Laxus meant.  My bone garden, a fairly useful technique of mine.  I use a stasis seal on it to keep everything...preserved.  I use another seal to place ants within the gardens, then seal them away into stasis.  In battle we bring up the garden, unseal the seals and viola we have a fully functioning graveyard garden.  Sylvia nodded, though Laxus obviously couldn't see and mumbled, I see.  Next we discuss battle plans.  The way I see it, the black ants are well trained in offensive formations, consuming chakra, and burning things to the ground.  So, we probably won't rely too heavily on your people for offensive tactics.  However, the main reason I chose your hive out of all the other Chimera Ants was your terribly useful vibration capabilities.  You see my garden is rather...expansive, not to mention busy and full of life.  In battle I can't always keep track of all the happenings within its boney finger tips, so that's where you come in.  Not only will the Green Ants be on defense duty, but their main purpose will be echolocation.  Send out some vibrations, get them back, report to me.  It'll map out the whole area and then my plants can sweep in for the kill.  Sylvia, she had to admit, was already impressed with her new hive's strategical eye, Marvelous master, simply marvelous.  House.  Ariagnae corrected.  Master.  Laxus retorted.

--------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

--------------------------------------------------------

Laxus Shinto and Marcus Senzu, to the arena please.  The proctor called as Laxus made his way down the steps and into the arena.  Around him people cheered and called out either his name or Marcus's, but particularly Marcus's.  Marcus was a fan favorite, numerous bets had been made on him making it through the entire chunin tournament.  His passing of the chunin exams was for sure, or so they thought.  Marcus was the classic pretty boy, poster child that every young ninja dreamed to be.  Laxus was a relatively no name with an arsenal of what the crowd thought to be a particularly disturbing bug techniques.  His last opponent had his entire right arm devoured before the proctor called the match and Laxus ordered his ants to back down, not that he had wanted to.  Now it was the semi-finals.  The remaining contestants had already passed and become chunin.  These next fights were for nothing less than glory and bloodshed, two things this crowd seemed to crave.  Laxus looked across the arena to see Marcus descending the stairs as well and stepping into the arena to an explosion of cheers and applause.  The two met in the middle, with the proctor standing near them.  I want a clean match, no killing, avoid injury as much as possible but fight to win.  Marcus just stared at Laxus, a smug smile on his face.  Laxus rolled his eyes, If you're done with the government sanctioned safety speech, can we get down to bashing each other's skulls in now?  The instructor said nothing, but was obviously pissed off as he raised his hand and lowered it, commencing the battle.  Your move, you bug freak.  Marcus said with a sneer.  Laxus just shrugged, Have it your way then.

Cutting his hand, Laxus placed it on the ground, summoning up his bone garden.  He had been saving this particular line of techniques just for Marcus as the kid had pissed Laxus off throughout the entire ordeal.  Laxus hated people that thrived off of fake glory and glamor.  He had saved his Bone Garden particularly for this, unable to wait to see the boy's horrid face.  As the arena filled with his bone garden, the entire stadium suddenly went dead silent.  Laxus said nothing as he watched the color drain from Marcus's face at the appearance of what lay behind Laxus.  Even the proctor, a battle hardened shinobi veteran, stared silently with his mouth ajar in stupefied awe.  The garden itself was disturbing, but it was nothing compared to the three plants that stood behind Laxus.  Laxus looked around the stadium, What?  What's wrong with you guys?  He asked in mock surprise.  Wh-what are you?  Marcus asked, barely above a whisper.  And what the fuck are they?  He said, pointing behind Laxus.  Turning around to follow the direction Marcus indicated, Laxus gazed upon three corpses strung up in massive Dandelion plants.  The plant had injected itself into them, running thick green vines through their bodies and were draining the men of blood as they stayed their, suspended in air and completely helpless.  Ohhhh, you mean those?  Those are some bandits that happened across me on my way here.  They're currently being sucked dry so I can use their blood to tend to my garden.  Cool, right?  No one said a word, but Laxus simply shrugged before suddenly appearing behind Marcus, resheating the sword at his hip.  First rule of being a shinobi, never let down your guard.  Laxus said as Marcus's head slipped from his shoulder and rolled through the bone white grass of his garden.  Vines and plants sprouted up around the body and head, sucking dry the nutritious blood stored inside.  Laxus made a hand seal and suddenly the garden was gone.  He looked at the proctor, who was still standing still in absolute shock, Oops, it was an accident.  With that, Laxus made his way back to the staircase leading up from the arena.  Not a single soul breathed until he had disappeared from the arena and was back up in the contestant's quarters.

-----------------------------------------------

Flashback End

-----------------------------------------------

Laxus lay in his bed, staring up at the ceiling as ants busied themselves tidying up his room and folding his clothes.  This is NOT what we signed up for.  Sylvia said with a pissy tone. Ariagnae just snickered, Yeah well get used to it sweetums, this is your precious master's way of getting things done.  Laxus said nothing, not even acknowledging the two warring queens as he became lost in memories.  That day, at the tournament had been like any other day for Laxus.  He had felt nothing in slaughtering that boy and completely silencing, along with forever horrifying that crowd.  He had done what he intended to do and to him that was that.  Of course his village had to make a big stink about it and disqualify him.  Naturally though, they saw potential in this uncaring, blood mongering young boy.  They saw a potential weapon and so, secretly, Laxus was promoted to Tokubetsu Jonin.  Not that he cared.  It didn't matter if he was a chunin or TJ, he simply was one step closer to fulfilling his natural rights.  Two ancestors as kages meant he had the right to that title, even if only he thought that.  Not to mention, he'd need to be a Jonin before rightfully claiming his inheritance as head of the Shinto Clan.  However, the village had wanted him as a Tokubetsu Jonin so they could pair him up with Hunter Nin on certain missions.  His specialties with Kinjutsu and the Chimera Ants made him a versatile, and deadly assassin.  He had already accompanied two Hunter Nin on two different missions, mostly to just learn the ropes and had killed even more enemies than the two Hunter Nin combined.  Oddly, only Laxus had made it back from the second mission, reporting that the other two had stayed behind so that he could escape and Laxus had seen them die.  Bothered by this, the village stopped Laxus from taking any more missions for awhile, so here he was now.  Bored, tired, and with nothing to do but train and then train some more.

Sylvia, Ari, what does it feel like to...kill?  The working ants suddenly stopped, remaining completely still as the Queens concentrated on how to field this particularly odd question.  Um well I've never personally killed anything, my soldiers and gu-  House, stop.  Ariagnae interrupted her fellow queen.  Don't do this to yourself again, when the time comes, your emotions will awaken and you'll know how others feel.  Until then, just don't worry about it.  You're a capable shinobi, a masterful one, emotions only get in the way of that.  Remorse, guilt, longing, they do nothing but lead to pain, death, even suicide.  You have a gift, not a curse.  Laxus smirked, If only all that bullshit was true Ariagnae.  If only indeed, house.  Ariagnae agreed.  Obviously this question, and others like it had come up more than once as Ariagnae had so expertly handled the situation.  Laxus looked at the ants as they resumed their work in his room.  I just want to feel.  I know, Laxus, I know.  Ariagnae cooed, like a mother comforting her distraught child.  Go back to sleep, we'll finish here and return to the hive when it's done.  You have a long day tomorrow.  Laxus gave up, rest was exactly what he needed he decided.  Even if it wasn't what he needed, it was what he wanted.  Anything to hide from this nagging at the back of his mind that he was wrong, a monster, a mistake.  He desired so deeply to cry, but nothing came.  He couldn't fake the emotion enough to bring about any tears.  Inside he felt nothing.  Completely hollow.  Laxus rolled over and faced the wall of his room.  He stared at the blank slate for seconds, then minutes, as memories played through his mind.  How easy it was kill, how difficult it was to decipher from right and wrong.  How only after he acted, had he realized what he had done.  How many people had needlessly died and been tortured by him.  He wondered, just how red his hands really were as he drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Words: 2819
Needed: 2800

Jutsu:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

Training the Hive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training the Hive   Training the Hive Icon_minitime10th October 2013, 7:22 pm

Approved nice relationship with your hive.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Kenji

Kenji

Training the Hive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training the Hive   Training the Hive Icon_minitime17th October 2013, 6:59 pm

Laxus's walked out onto the training grounds and yawned, So much to do, so little time.  Alright Sylvia send out some of your people, we need to get you trained for some missions.  For a moment there was a long pause before Laxus's hive mind suddenly buzzed to life, As you wish my master.  She sounded sleepy, just like Laxus, but surely he hadn't just woken up the queen.  Actually now that he thought of it, it begged the question if the queen ever actually slept.  She was always busy running the hive, producing more ants, and all in all just looking after everything that Laxus couldn't think of a time she'd ever be able to sleep.  He was about to ask her when his skin began to literally crawl.  Green ants began pouring out of his pants and jacket sleeves, making a large ring around Laxus's feet.  These are the ants I can offer you at this time, master.  The rest are working, but this is the bulk of the soldiers and even some royal guards, they should serve your purposes well.  Sylvia said, ending with another slight yawn.  Laxus just nodded, Excellent, that will be all Sylvia.  You may go back to sleep.  There was another long pause before Sylvia replied, I never sleep master.  

Laxus shook his head, even if they were living within his body, there were some things he'd never understand about his two queens.  On the bright side, they were at least getting together better and talking more.  Ariagnae had began showing Sylvia how things worked and were run in the hive, or Laxus rather.  In turn, Sylvia had contributed a bulk of her ants to Ariagnae's own and had formed relationships together to make things much more efficient.  However, Laxus hadn't had time in the past few weeks to get the green ants battle ready.  His black ants had always been ruthless, killing and unstoppable devouring machines.  When they lit up and went to work, they could decimate an entire forest in a matter of minutes.  Laxus had a different plan for the green ant hive however, instead of raw attack he'd focus more on traps, defense, and even some sensory techniques that would correlate greatly with his plants as well as even some of the black ants.  Alright everyone, listen up.  First thing's first we'll be practicing a defensive technique I've come up with.  So everyone, back to the hive and take up positions throughout my body.  The ants chattered amongst themselves before filing back into Laxus's skin and spacing themselves out through his body.  With a slight shiver to make sure everything, and everyone, was in place, Laxus began to give orders again, Alright, now I want you all to begin vibrating at the same frequency.  Figure it out amongst yourselves what frequency that'll be while i make preparations.  The higher the frequency, the better.  This needs to be able to block some seriously powerful techniques.  With that, Laxus formed a hand seal as a second Laxus appeared behind him in a puff of smoke.

Alright everyone, I hope you're ready.  Clone, attack.  With that, the clone pulled out its' own copy of Scarlet Rose and slashed out horizontally at Laxus's ribs.  Just as the blade was about to cut into flesh, it stopped and bounced back, no more than an inch away from its intended target.  The clone looked confused for a moment before backing up, distancing himself with the real Laxus.  Good, now I want to try something new while he comes up with an attack strategy of his own.  I need a group of you out, now.  When he comes in to attack and gets blocked again, surround him and begin vibrating.  Per his instructions a dozen or so ants filed out of the hive and waited for the clone to attack.  Without warning, he appeared behind Laxus, attempting another slash at the back of his neck.  Once more it was blocked just as the ants surrounded the clone and also began vibrating.  The clone became eerily still as Laxus watched his skin ripple from the vibrations.  His eyes darted back and forth, trying to discern what could possibly be happening.

Alright, one last thing.  Ants in my right arm, start vibrating when I say now.  At the same time I want the ants in the ring to cease all vibrations and free up my friend here.  Laxus raised his own Scarlet Rose, the original before smiling and saying, Now!  Just as they had been instructed to, the ants on the ground ceased vibrating, freeing the clone as the ants in Laxus's right arm began vibrating.  Laxus could feel the power rush into his sword arm as the blade began to vibrate.  He lashed out at the clone, who in turn brought up his own katana to block the attack.  He caught Laxus's sword on the blade of his own, but Laxus just flashed a truly ruthless smile as his vibrating blade began to cut into the edge of the clone's sword like a buzz saw.  Without warning, the katana broke in two and Laxus slashed through the clone, who immediately vanished in a puff of smoke.  Placing Scarlet Rose back in its case, Laxus nodded, Nice work everyone.  Remember what we've learned today, train it, master it, and get ready to use it in the field.  With that, Laxus exited the arena.

Words: 946
Needed: 800
Jutsu:
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Blade

Blade

Training the Hive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training the Hive   Training the Hive Icon_minitime17th October 2013, 7:00 pm

~APPROVED~
Back to top Go down

Training the Hive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training the Hive   Training the Hive Icon_minitime17th October 2013, 7:01 pm

Approved Loser
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training the Hive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training the Hive   Training the Hive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training the Hive
Page 1 of 1