Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Displacement Style.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Displacement Style. Empty
PostSubject: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime20th February 2013, 7:22 am

Name: Displacement of Iaido (Signature)
Classification:Kenjutsu/Taijutsu
Class: Offensive
Range: Short Range

Description: Embracing both the philosophy of Iaido and utilizing Heating affect in conjunction with Iaido has given rise to this unique fighting style which relies on using extremely fast drawing and re-sheathing to create friction to drastically increase the temperature of the blade mid slash allowing the user to cut through things like a hot knife through butter. This fighting style completely bypasses one's natural endurance due to Kira's cycling her heat release chakra through the blade via chakra flow while drawing her nodachi before using her Iaido techniques to attack or defend herself from attack.

Name: Displacement Style: Mirage Effect.
Classification:Kenjutsu
Class: Offensive/Supplementary

Description: This is a subtle technique which involves opponents within 6 feet of Kira while she is using her Displacement Style to feel the heat from her technique, while not hot enough to hurt the opponent this heat can be used to trigger touch based genjutsu trapping opponents in the mental techniques without their knowledge. Due to being touch based genjutsu triggered this way can not be broken out of by pain.

Name: Iai Rampaging (Signature)
Classification:Kenjutsu (Cypher Only)

Description: Utilizing the principles of Iaido the user preforms a technique within the same time of being attacked by a physical technique, be it Kenjutsu, Taijutsu, Shurikenjutsu and as long as the opponent is within 6 feet and doesn't halt their attack they receive a powerful counter slash to their body equal to the damage of the attack they attempted on the user. This technique has the drawback of leaving the user blatantly open for a counter attack if the opponent stops their attack and successfully dodges the Vacuum release speed slash however it can be devastating to human and nova opponents due to the fact that Cypher's can can a lot more punishment.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 12:05 pm

Approvo
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 12:33 pm

two things here.

Second one should be a genjutsu in all forms of the way.

third one - are you taking the damage or are you strictly blocking and counter striking in one move? The words there are a bit fuzzy and just need a bit of cleaning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 4:00 pm

The second one isn't a gen it's just using heat to facilitate genjutsu through chakra flow. It's basic kenjutsu + chakra flow the only reason it's range is enhanced is through Displacement Aura which all Cypher have. It doesn't do anything more than heating up the blade enough for someone to feel the heat via their sense of touch.

Taking the damage to deliver a counter attack at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 4:11 pm

ok then no problem with the third one

The second one should still be genjutsu because its main purpose is placing people in genjutsu.

"...while not hot enough to hurt the opponent this heat can be used to trigger touch based genjutsu ..."

Yes it has a rather unique activation to it, and its a non-specific illusion its still there to place people inside of a genjutsu. There fore it its self is a genjutsu. Just with a unique activation behind it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 4:18 pm

No no as in. The technique itself only allows genjutsu to be triggered with it. Say Kira uses it, then she has to use a genjutsu after it which triggers it's effect. The technique itself is just a set up.
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 5:04 pm

ok so basicly your using the actual heat as the "touch" in this situation?

and I really don't believe that you should be able to null the "escape via pain" route. Possibly numb the mind so they have to deal a rank higher damage to self before escaping. Somthing like that I'd understand fully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 5:50 pm

I thought all touch based genjutsu had that effect at least that was what I was led to believe by Cassandra. Touch based utilizing the sense of touch and being unable to break out through pain due to targeting the pain receptors in the brain. Not to mention it's just one route there are other ways out via Kai, countering the gen, dojutsu etc if anything it's removing the most painful way out of it.
Back to top Go down
Meimu

Meimu

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 5:59 pm

Well this is the first I'm hearing of this, and no I don't see touch based (as a whole) targeting the pain receptors to trigger the genjutsus and thus blocking blocking pain from breaking the illusion. And I wasn't really worried about them having another way out or not. Simply that I don't feel it should completely cut off the route entirely....

at any rate, since Cassandra said so, its fine. I'm really ok with it too knowing this isn't the actual genjutsu but rather an add on to any touch based genjutsu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime22nd February 2013, 7:46 pm

Okay. I'm not really concerned about the pain not breaking out thing because if I layer enough people wouldn't be able to break out of it regardless. I just wanted the set up so that Kira would be able to do it with her heat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime10th August 2013, 6:43 pm

Name: Displacement Style: Flickering Sword
Classification: Genjutsu/Kenjutsu
Class: Offensive/Supplementary

Description: This is a unique genjutsu which is triggered by an opponent glancing at Kira's sword while it is moving causing them to see multiple afterimages of her weapon as it moves through the air. These afterimages alter their perception and it becomes difficult for the victim under this illusion to judge exactly when the slash is impacting with their body allowing her to confuse though with doujutsu which deal with slowing down or predicting strikes before they occur.

Name: Displaced Illusion: Searing Strike
Classification: Kenjutsu/ Genjutsu

Description: When slashing an opponent with her Kenjutsu and they dodge yet remain within the range of her Mirage effect the opponent experiences the pain from being sliced by a hot blade as if Kira's attack had just barely connected. This technique causes the opponent to visualize the injury they sustained and feel as if they were cut despite the injury not being there causing them to sustain C-rank mental damage. In addition if a joint was cut because of them believing the injury to be real they might experience strain while using it and possibly even be unable to move it depending on how many times that area has been "cut"

Name: Displaced Illusion: Double Vision

Description: When an opponent is sliced by Kira's blade she triggers a touch based genjutsu which disorientates her opponent giving them a lack of balance and co-ordination in their movements and making them more susceptible to being hit, the opponent however visualizes themselves moving around without much difficulty as if they aren't bothered at all when in reality they are moving worse than they think.

Name: Displaced Illusion: Sauna Effect

Description: When an opponent blocks Kira's strike with another metallic weapon and her blade doesn't slice right through the clang sound that the blade makes allows Kira to trap her opponent in a genjutsu where they think the area is becoming hotter and hotter over time, while the heat is not hot enough to scald the opponent they do become dehydrated and may even begin sweating as their mind is tricked into thinking that they are hot.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime15th August 2013, 11:22 pm

Hmm they all seem basic but effective.

Approved.
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Displacement Style.   Displacement Style. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Displacement Style.
Page 1 of 1