Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sid

Sid

Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring Empty
PostSubject: Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring   Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring Icon_minitime28th September 2022, 4:27 pm

Shou sat in a smaller classroom, ten minutes early to his lesson in order to make the best impression possible. The room was small as to be more intimate, but also afforded enough space to work through training exercises if need be, and was most often used for one on one tutoring sessions or classes with few students. And Shou only knew that because he had asked many questions about the room when Orenji-sensei had informed him to report here. The enthusiastic homeroom teacher had been happy to answer all the questions, as well as tell him that the Academy would be outsourcing help for certain students who wanted to work on their clan's techniques especially if one of the staff wasn't already a member of said clan.

Shou was both nervous and excited to be meeting another member of his clan, learning about his clan's techniques besides. His interactions with other Suisho had been relegated to those his age, and it wasn't exactly positive. His eyes were unusual, even within his clan, and he was always made to know that without a shadow of a doubt. "This won't be like that, however. They're here to teach me after all." That didn't stop Shou from wanting to make the best impression possible, arriving to the class early in his best clothes and waiting in a chair. Prim, proper and prepared to be the best pupil possible.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring   Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring Icon_minitime28th September 2022, 4:47 pm

Almost perfectly on time the door opened and a young woman stepped in, a gentle smile on her features. She was wearing only a pair of shorts and a crop-top with several bangles made out of moulded crystal and various gems on her wrists and some anklets of the same materials. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail and was a deep black colour. Her eyes were bright red and she gave a wave to Shou as she moved over and sat down on the chair in front of him.

It only became apparent as she actually moved through the light but the skin on her arms, legs and body had been subtly either carved or scarred to give the impression of spiked chains across her body, occasionally interspersed with what seemed to be rose blooms however on closer inspection there was a hint of some kind of symbols amongst the 'petals'. She leaned back in her chair and crossed one leg over the other. "Well hey howdy, Shou! I know I'm probably not what you were expecting but I volunteered, I love helping the younger generation with techniques, especially stuff like Kido! It's one of my specialties. However let's break the tension a little, yeah? Tell me a lil about yourself and your plans, also what you already know about the clan's techniques, wanna see what sorta knowledge base you have so I know what to go off of! Oh yeah, I'm a dummy, my name is Amity, I always forget to introduce myself!" She said with a bright grin.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring   Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring Icon_minitime28th September 2022, 5:06 pm

Shou couldn't help the answering smile that started to form on his lips, and the ease that filled his chest. A tension he didn't know he was carrying fled him and his eyes opened fully, revealing diamond shaped pupils and faceted irises that almost glowed with how blue they were "Much better than I was expecting, in truth." He fiddled with his hands a bit, fingers tracing patterns across his skin that mimicked Amity's own etchings. Shou was a young Suisho, so his body wasn't nearly as crystalline as hers, his skin only occasionally catching the light and glinting "In truth I've mainly been focusing on my Samurai teachings. I know the basics of Kido, how it is performed, and it is utterly fascinating to me, but I can't seem to get my head around its execution." Shou leaned forward now, speaking on a topic he'd studied in depth and feeling all the more comfortable for it.

"Simple on paper, but not nearly so in practice. I know Kido is, in essence, the act of exploiting our clan's unique silicone bodily structure, and ability to metabolize light, to focus and refract said light through our bodies." Shou was gesticulating to accentuate his points as he spoke, pointing this way and that "That focused light is then paired with intonations from ourselves in order to affect an individual's mental state. It's a form of hypnosis that forms a barrier that separates a target's mind from the actual state of their body, after which we apply an additional effect to the mind that in turn affects the body. Now that I say it out loud, it's a bit less simple, but nonetheless I understand the concept." At this point, a line of worry formed between Shou's eyebrows "But that's where my understanding ends. I've tried to practice some Kido on my own with no success. I don't know if I'm saying the incantations wrong, if I'm not gathering light properly or what the issue is but all my spells just...fizzle."

Shou let out a small sigh, then looked a bit sheepish "Oh a little about me...I tend to ramble when I talk about something I find interesting. Kinda nerdy, ne?"
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring   Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring Icon_minitime29th September 2022, 9:02 am

Amity listened intently, leaning forward to rest an elbow on her knee and her chin on her hand. She seemed genuinely interested in everything that Shou was saying and nodded along. Once he was done she hummed quietly and spent a few moments in thought before leaning back in her chair again. "Alright, alright, this is good, it's a lot better than some of the others I've trained. They just see the flashy lights and think that they wanna do it without really understanding the how or the why. Also don't worry about rambling, it's pretty cute and it's nice to see someone excited to learn things, y'know?" She then stood up and moved the chair away before kneeling on the floor instead.

"Right, shift the chair, kneel in front of me. You've got the basics down, it's about the refraction of light through the body to cause a form of illusion that creates a mental disconnect in the victim's mind. The intonations however also guide us as well as open the foe's mind to susceptability. People are very quick to jump to fears when they see or hear something they don't understand." She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. "After all, when lying in your bed in the dark and something creaks, your first thought is not about the mundane but instead about what might be creeping around, lurking in the shadows. It is that suspectability we lock onto, when people believe it is something mystical, they are more likely to accept that what happens to them is mystical as well, creating the disconnect that we capitalise on." She folded her hands in her lap and started to breathe in a slow rhythm, gently motioning for Shou to copy her. "Do you understand where I'm coming from and do you have any questions so far?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring   Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Speaking with Crystalline Clarity; Specialized Suisho Tutoring
Page 1 of 1