Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sid

Sid

Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Empty
PostSubject: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime28th November 2018, 8:14 pm

Mission:

Qeynan waited at the very edge of the Cactus Forest, sitting a top a log with her legs crossed at the ankle. She wore a long dress stylized after a traditional qipao. The fabric was a dark shade of purple with a light lavender trim, decorated with designs in the shape of spiderwebs. Her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail with a spider clip to keep it in place, pointed ears on full display and showing off the token from her trace amount of Nova heritage. Qeynan had taken the time to put on makeup, eyes dusted and lined in a light purple to match her dress, cheeks colored with a ghost of pink and lips glossed to perfection. Her head was down, tinkering with some kind of mechanism in her lap. She chewed softly on the inside of her lip as she did so, intently focused on the task at hand while she waited. Well, all of her focus wasn't on the task. As her intelligence had been improved, she noticed her ability to focused on multiple things at the same time improved as well. She was attempting to find a way to split her focus completely, but for now she was at a slightly elevated level of multi-tasking.

Qeynan was waiting patiently for Praise to show up. She had asked her teammate here for several reasons. The first was as a way to bond, since Praise didn't seem all that warm to her after they first met. In order to build team synergy, bonding was a must. The second was to get them both one step closer to qualifying for the Chunin Exams. Then there was the fact that, though rather slim, the mission Qeynan had chosen held a slight chance of danger for her in the form of hostile Fauna. She wasn't the most combat-ready of her team, not without her puppets, so she needed back up. She didn't want it to look as though she was simply using Praise as a bodyguard, and she hoped the other girl wouldn't take it as such. She was probably overthinking this, but that was hard not to do when your brain analyzed every detail of everything you encountered with laser-like focus and impeccable accuracy. She let cleared her mind and returned focus to watching out for Praise, as well as the tinkering she was doing.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime4th December 2018, 6:03 pm

To say that Praise was surprised when one of her squad members reached out to her would be an understatement. To be honest she had been in the middle of wondering if she should send her friend, Diana, a message to see whether or not she'd be up for a mission only to be sent a message that Qeynan had wanted to meet up for one. Figuring that she had nothing better to do she had agreed and had started to head out after making sure she was prepared for whatever it was that they'd encounter on the C-rank Mission. She had actually thought that it would be Seran who would be the first of the two to actually try and go on a mission with her and as such she decided to keep her expectations as low as possible as for the true reason as for Qeynan picking her. Still she did want to go on a mission seeing as she had grown slightly bored of always doing missions alone though now that she thought about it, if she made sure to do a mission every day she would get closer to purchasing the equipment she needed.

Either way she would practice molding seals in her body as she walked up to where she would be meeting her teammate only to raise an eyebrow when she saw Qeynan's current appearance. She would sniff and make an odd facial expression as it was indeed the person who she had initially thought was a rather effeminate male but she didn't really judge. She felt like any kunoichi worth their salt would be above such things as concepts like sexuality and gender were merely tools to be exploited in order to fulfill a mission and as such other than those who seemed to revere kami she didn't feel any sort of disgust for whatever Qeynan was. Besides Nova were like that as well as it was common knowledge that regardless of appearance a Nova could produce children with either males or females. "Someone is looking fancy." Praise decided to say as a way of greeting and with a roll of her neck to limber up she decided to keep walking as she figured like many of the C-rank their village gave out they'd have to go deeper into the Cactus Forest to complete it.

"So what are the mission parameter's again?" she said flexing the fingers in her right hand as she spoke while her bones got to work underneath her skin. With the simple action four of the distal phalanges had the specific curse pattern for some of the juinjutsu she knew shaped into them and when she flexed the fingers on her other hand it would mirror the left.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime5th December 2018, 12:09 am

Qeynan smiled softly at her teammate and put the piece she was tinkering away at into a pouch connected to a small utility belt that had been set beside her. She rose and wrapped the belt around her waist, slotting the Black Maiden into the holster and following after the other quickly "Thank you, a girl likes to look her best, you know? She giggled softly and reached for the handle of her sword. She gripped the hilt and twisted it, letting six fragments of the blade fall to the ground. She flicked her wrist gently and the fragments lifted up and suspended themselves in mid-air before floating up to circle their heads.

"The mission is rather simple, we need to gather wood from five trees within the cactus forest." She produced the mission file from another pouch at her waist and flipped it open "There are various different trees, and it doesn't matter which we take the wood from. They just can't be cactii. There's little danger in it, the most we can fear running into is a few Vespoid." She nodded to herself and slipped the file back into it's place, humming softly to herself "I took the mission because I needed to gather wood for some puppet components anyway." One blade floated behind Qeynan and she slipped onto it, allowing it to carry her weight through as it levitated above the ground "I also thought this would be a good chance for us to get to know each other, you know, bond as a team a little."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime6th December 2018, 12:47 pm

Praise nodded at the mission brief and continued walking deciding to keep her eyes peeled for any trees that they could gather wood from, it wasn't as if the cactus forest was only comprised of cacti or anything. No there had to be some trees around as scarce as they might be and then she'd be able to complete the mission and get on with her life. Though when Qeynan mentioned bonding with the team she would frown as she didn't consider this to be the right path to doing it, seeing as there were only two out of the three that comprised their squad. It was different with her squad members, it wasn't like with Diana where they talked and she grew close to her naturally nor was there a sense of kinship that she felt with either of them. No perhaps the reason she didn't feel close to them was because through them she felt the shackles of the Republic and the limited options she had to really do anything notable. Maybe she was already planning on not getting close to them to begin with, so that when they split up in whichever corps they joined they wouldn't have to interact allowing her to do what she pleased.

She didn't like to be fake and thus she wouldn't initially give her a response instead choosing to focus on the mission. "Okay, in that case I feel like we'll be wandering around for a while, and if we run into any Vespoid then wouldn't it also be beneficial due to their stingers and carapace? Unless you strictly use wood & metal for your puppets that is." It would just be better to just ignore the bonding comment and keep it professional that way there were no hurt feelings in the end and she didn't have to pretend to be happy with this situation. It wasn't Qeynan's fault she realized it, but Praise felt trapped and thus projection seemed to be the only way out, after all her ambitions were her own she didn't expect anyone but Diana to understand that.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime6th December 2018, 1:44 pm

She seems to be uncomfortable when I bring up the prospect of bonding. With Qeynan's perception what it was now, she found she could read micro-expressions and body language much better than she had been able to. It would make reading her opponents easier, but it would also help in situations like this I could go the route she has taken and avoid the subject altogether, but I do believe that would be counterproductive. Qeynan let her eyes roam around the area a bit as she thought to herself, nervously plucking at the hem of her dress. Keeping her eyes out for any trees, she decided on how she would broach the situation.

"Their carves would indeed be useful, yes. For future designs if not the ones I am creating now." She spoke about it dismissively, which was odd given her usual zeal for puppetry "I know you said the reason you weren't keen on becoming my friend was because I can be a bit of a narcissist. Well more than a bit. But I'm sure I haven't said anything too condescending or holier-than-thou in the past few minutes." She turned her eyes curiously to the other female, her brows raised in question "Is that reason why you're all business? Or is there something else?"
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime7th December 2018, 3:32 pm

Praise would stop after Qeynan brought up the conversation once more rather than taking the out that she had been given. It was not in her nature to mince words and thus when Praise turned she would look at her squad member with a slight frown. "You are intelligent, perhaps too intelligent and it's for that reason that I can not trust you. Getting close to you will only result in me falling prey to whatever manipulation you wish to wrought whether you do such a thing actively or not so it's best to just maintain my distance. This way we can have a professional relationship which will neatly be severed when either of us are promoted. The things I want in life you can give, yes, but the price I might have to pay will never be worth it." she spoke plainly and with surety as it was something she believed to be true. She wasn't an expert in reading people, no but she knew enough that her inexperience could be filled in upon fighting someone.

"It is not your fault, it is what you are. Just like Seran is a free spirit and can't be trusted to follow a distinct path, and our sensei is so lethargic that he will not put forth any effort beyond the minimum. I to have my flaws and because of that I do not see the point of trying to bond with any of you, in the end it will just lead to problems for all of us." she said with a shrug and then would continue to move on having said her peace and having no malice about it. It was the truth, Qeynan intimidated her with her intelligence and out of the three she would be the easiest to figure out that Praise had no loyalty to whatever the Republic was or could be. It was just playing with fire to even try to get close to someone that smart and she did not hold such a high opinion of herself that she thought she could outsmart someone like that. No, avoidance and distance was the best approach and let her find someone else to grow close to and ensnare in the web of friendship.

Certain people were easy to become friends with and others were the types like her who had a fixed number of people she could afford to trust. She could say she had a knowledge of Elias and Kotone through fighting them even if it wasn't in the one on one conditions that she preferred in regards to the latter. Diana on the other hand she understood well enough to wish to pursue friendship with, but Qeynan and Seran? There were unknowns to her with different extremes, she could not trust the former to not deceive her at any point, whereas the later was flighty enough that preconceived notions would be subject to change at any given moment. "It is a pity, that I'd be the one to reveal how much of a curse intelligence is. Most consider it to be the best thing in the world but the reality of it is that it's quite alienating."
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime9th December 2018, 12:25 am

Qeynan's lips quirked at the edge for a fraction of a moment at the girl's words. She acknowledged that Qeynan was in another league when it came to her intelligence and she was right in guessing that the puppeteer was the type to manipulate those around her to meet his goals and needs. Qeynan wouldn't have guessed that she would ever admit that out loud, though, and that caught the genius a bit off-guard. That rarely ever happened nowadays, and that only hardened Qeynan's resolve "You're a smart girl, Praise, if a bit cynical. And I appreciate your candor. But you haven't dissuaded me from trying to bond with you. If anything I want to all the more." The blade fragment she sat on moved a bit faster as to overtake Praise's quick strides, positioning Qeynan so that she was looking her teammate in the eye.

"You couldn't match me in a battle of wits even on your best day, but when it comes to physical ability you could wipe the floor with me in a matter of moments. Your seal work also puts mine to shame but I think I'd be able to catch up with you if I took some focus away from my puppets. But I doubt that will happen until I've actually finished with them." She let out a melodic chuckle before pushing on, not breaking eye contact "What I mean to say is this: I want to use you. To push myself. To become better than I am and to get farther than where I had started. But also so I can learn. I've never truly felt what it was like to have a friend. All the other kids avoided me and I'm an only child. Besides my parents and my puppets I was alone. Seran is...nice, but he's flighty. An airhead really. You? You're realistic. I can see it in your eyes." She tilted her head to the side "Your mistrust of me, your aversion to working alongside your assigned team. You hate the shackles of someone else's design, you want to be the captain of your own ship so to speak. Am I right? Of course I am."

She moved a lock of hair behind a pointed ear and crossed her arms over her chest "What I propose isn't a situation where I control you or guide you to where I want you to be. I think we're the same, in not wanting to be controlled, so I won't try to manipulate you like I would any other puppet. I'll be honest with you where I lie to others, you'll know my plans where others do not. I think it would be much more interesting this way, having someone by my side that I can't command with a whispered word." It was an uncomfortable prospect, yes. Qeynan was the type of person to keep masses of people around herself that she could control implicitly, with a small group of confidants that have small amounts of autonomy. This was new, not something she had factored in her overall plan, but you couldn't account for every circumstance. No matter how smart you were "Like you said you have the world to gain, but much less to lose that you might think. You're free to turn me down, but I will keep trying. And if you're wondering if I'm lying...every good partnership begins with some degree of trust, yes?" Qeynan was sure she had read Praise correctly. Her ties to the Republic, much like the Taki's own, were tenuous at best. They would both benefit from joining their paths and heading towards the same goal: autonomy. Qeynan to pursue her idea of perfection and Praise to whatever goals she had in mind. All the other needed to do was say yes...
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime11th December 2018, 11:26 am

"I refuse." Praise said after hearing everything that Anansi had to say. It wasn't as if she didn't hear her squad member say they wouldn't give up, it was just for the time being Praise had made up her mind. She could see the merits of it but she stood by what she had said earlier, she didn't trust Qeynan so even if she did say she was going to tell Praise the truth it didn't matter. Due to the lack of trust nothing Qeynan said could be trusted to be the truth from Praise's standpoint, nor was there anything she could do in the immediate future to change Praise's view of her. Perhaps it was harsh, but it was just how Praise operated she didn't believe in mincing words or stating half truths and she had honestly told Qeynan her opinion of what type of person she was. Whether or not it was accepted was Qeynan's problem not hers, and it wasn't as if Praise hated her it was just that she couldn't trust her.

"Actions speak louder than words when it comes to me, and while some people can be given the benefit of the doubt you are not one of them." she said pointing to a single tree in the distance that she had spotted while she was walking before Qeynan halted her. "We are still on a mission and I think I might have found one of our mission objectives." she said and while it was possible to convince her to change her mind about her refusal to bond with Qeynan it wasn't something that could be resolved with a single conversation. No if Qeynan truly wanted her friendship it would take time, and constant proof that she was to be trusted, and uphill battle that Praise was sure she would not stick to. After all those genius types tended to get ruffled feathers when things didn't go their way. and she was sure that if her squad member found someone else with Praise skill set she would be dropped in a hot second.

Praise's face would make her distaste for the current conversation known and this was the second time she tried to change the topic to something else, they didn't have much to talk about on a personal level but there was quite a lot to discuss in regards to being part of the Kohaigakure shinobi forces. If Qeynan didn't drop the topic though then Praise would merely clam up and march her way to the tree in the distance as her aunt always told her that if you didn't have anything nice to say then it was best not to say anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime11th December 2018, 6:49 pm

Qeynan smiled softly and nodded at Praise Determined and resolute, if a bit stubborn. She would be perfect. I just need to wear her down. The puppeteer looked and the tree and noted it was exactly what they were looking for. Qeynan moved a bit closer so that the tree was in her range and pointed at it. The pointing was really only a bit of fanfare, but some that she enjoyed. The blades still floating around her flew off in the direction of the tree. They spun like buzzsaws, shearing off some of the thicker branches with ease and letting them fall to the forest floor. Qeynan paid attention to her task so that the tree wouldn't be damaged any more than necessary, though when she talked it was directed at her teammate "I expected no less, my dear. Trust usually is built overtime. I guess that just means I'll have to be sociable enough for the both of us!"

Qeynan finished the cutting and examined her work, satisfied that enough had been taken from the tree "You have more knowledge in seals than I at this moment, Praise. Would you mind stowing those away for me?" She looked around the area a bit, scanning it quickly and taking in all information to be had. There weren't any signs of Vespoid activity that she could pick up, and she could pick up quite a bit "Do you know any information on Vespoid? It didn't occur to me to research their natural habitats and movement patterns. Though I do know their usual physical and chakra capabilities as well as varied facts about the differences in gender and their reproductive practices."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime11th December 2018, 11:01 pm

Praisde would watch as Qeynan used his strange puppetry to cut the tree into sections and would hold her hand out for the mission scroll as it was likely that it would have seals for the storage of the wood. It reminded her of the time she had gone on gathering missions if not for the mission scrolls containing seals she would of had to do it herself which would have been a pain though not impossible. Even back then she knew a little thing about storage seals and now she knew a lot more about them even if that knowledge was the type of thing that she didn't really advertise. Once Qeynan gave her the scroll she would unroll it and begin to seal them away and if they were anything like the mission scrolls given to her by the mission office they'd be touch seals and thus wouldn't burn chakra to seal the sectioned wood away.

"On to the next one." Praise said once everything was sealed away and using that opportunity to shift her sense of taste and smell in order to magnify the other in a bid to see if she could sniff out where the other trees were. However the first thing she noticed was that there was the faint smell of something approaching them, probably one of those vespoid things they had been warned about in the mission brief. Sure enough one would arrive and Praise would go completely still as she was already quiet and hopefully it would merely pass them by instead of attacking.

Spoiler:

Vespoid:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime11th December 2018, 11:50 pm

Qeynan noticed the Vespoid as well, though through sight rather than smell like Praise. Unfortunately she couldn't enhance her senses like her teammate, but she did possess the ability to process information at a greater rate than the average human. She stilled much like her teammate, two of her blades moving to Praise's side in order to defend the girl in case the creature made any sudden movements. Qeynan would need to figure out a way to facilitate telepathic communication at some point, possibly through the use of Medical Genjutsu, for situations such as this. Neither of them wanted to spook the creature into attacking but Qeynan also needed to convey some concerns. Mostly the fact that she was eighty-seven percent sure the Fauna had spotted them.

And right she was. The Vespoid made an angry buzzing noise, fluttering its wings angrily at the two. Insect channeled chakra between its mandibles before launching two bullets of acid, one aimed directly at Praise and Qeynan respectively. The bullets moved at Bullet Release speeds and given their coloring were formed of acid rather than water, aiming to melt away potential defenses they may come in contact with.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime12th December 2018, 12:16 am

Praise cursed under her breath when the Vespoid launched an acid bullet at her, what could she do to get away from this,well she had one option and that was to unlock the first gate which she did and used the increased speed she gained to dodge the bullet. "I guess we have to take it out before it brings more." she said reaching into her pocket and pulling out two shuriken before throwing one at the vespoid. She would wait to see if it dodged before throwing the other one, whereas if it chose to use it's acid attack then she would keep moving and throw the second one from another angle. Either way she didn't want to keep her gates active for too long so if things dragged on she would have to deactivate it and rely on some other method to fight. Then again it wasn't as if she was alone here but she didn't think about relying on anyone other than herself.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime23rd January 2019, 4:17 pm

Qeynan didn't like the idea of sacrificing her fragments to defend herself, so instead two blades including the one she was sitting on suspended themselves in mid-air through a pulse of chakra while another returned to it's position on the sword. Three kunai and shuriken each launched from the pouches at her waist, moving at C-Rank+ Speeds to intercept the bullet. The items themselves were melted away by the acid due to their relatively low durability, but the Genin was safe from any damage. Her control returned to the fragments, her hand lancing out "Praise, how about a lift?" Two fragments moved before her teammate, like stepping stones. They were positioned so as the girl could send herself hurtling through the air at the insect to deal a finishing blow.

Qeynan:

The Vespoid possessed more than enough speed to dodge the first kunai, zipping to the right. It noticed the second just in time as well, moving upwards father into the air. Ignoring, or possibly not noticing the movements of the puppeteer, the insect focused simply on the girl that had launched obvious attacks at it. More angry buzzing heralded a stream of acid launched at Praise, aiming to dowse her with the liquid and burn through her body at Bullet Release speeds.

Vespoid:

OOC: Sav I am so sorry for the wait.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime23rd January 2019, 11:59 pm

OOC: It's okay.

"This doesn't change anything. Praise said while avoiding the stream of acid by relying on Qeynan flitting from one platform to another and using that to close the distance between her and the Vespoid, she would pull out her four remaining shuriken before tossing them as well. It was a pity that she didn't have that much of a supply of them and she would resolve to purchase some more projectiles, so she would have an ample supply of them for situations just like this. Then again she could always make projectiles, that was after all an option but for now she had revolved not to utilize any of her bones in such an overt way. She didn't plan on breaking her self imposed handicap anytime soon and something like this wouldn't even put a dent in her determination to rely on more than just her family or clan name. Either way when she reached the apex of the platform she would make hand seals before casting a genjutsu on the vespoid in order to hold it in place for her thrown projectiles to hopefully hit. If she was successful then she would end her gates and grit her teeth as the pain settled in, sure she was used to fleeting pain but it didn't mean the acquisition of it didn't make her body ache all the same.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime24th January 2019, 12:55 pm

The Vespoid was bound by the Genjutsu and subsequently skewered by the projectiles, dying with an angry hiss. Qeynan recalled her blades and hovered over to the carcass of the creature, examining it thoroughly before nodding "Good teamwork and friendship aren't inherently intertwined, Praise." She called in a melodic, almost sing-song voice as she pulled out a kunai and hopped down from her seat. She began gingerly poking and prodding the carcass, cutting here and there as she looked for useful pieces "Kind of like how being polite doesn't mean you're being duplicitous." She bit her lip gently as she worked, trying to focus on being as delicate as possible. After a few minutes of working she squealed in triumph. She peeled a way a rather large chunk of the creature's exoskeleton in perfect condition. It had avoided damage from the kunai, luckily enough What a prize!

She pulled a rag from a pouch and cleaned the bug guts off her hands before returning to her perch and stashing her score away. She cleaned the kunai and placed it back in it's place "Insects. Usually only useful for feeding their predators...like spiders. Though a Shinto might not be of the same opinion." She chuckled at her own joke before turning to Praise "Would you mind keeping a look out for more of these little buggers? My perception isn't something to turn your nose up at, but you have an advantage in the sensory department." Qeynan looked about and picked a direction at random, heading off to his left in search for more trees.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime24th January 2019, 1:12 pm

Praise would make a small noise in affirmation while choosing to ignore the other parts of the conversation to continue with the mission, she would continue onward relying on her sense of smell to try and location another tree for them to harvest. She would walk for a bit before she found another one of these trees however she noticed that perched on one of the branches was a Vespoid and she would halt in place, It seemed to be inactive whether it was resting from a previous flight or some other reason the fact remained was that it was an obstacle to their mission and she would turn back to see if Qeynan would take the initiative to attack. She didn't bother saying anything though and would just point rather than make a sound to try and tip the thing off as she didn't know how sensitive it was to sounds but it wasn't as if insects had ears...at least in the traditional sense right?

---------------------------------------------

Quite contrary to the inexperienced assumptions of a genin, a Vespoid could hear though the thought process that most insects were deaf wasn't exactly a flawed one. Indeed quite a few were with only those which were capable of making sounds and some winged insects being capable of hearing. As such while it was aware of their approach thanks to the larger of the two carelessly stepping on a twig it hadn't bothered to move since it was pretending to not have noticed them. Like most Fauna it was somewhat intelligent, and outside of it's territory and lacking the assistance of a swarm it wasn't going to blindly attack at least not yet. Still it was prepared to react to any form of aggression from them or if they got too close to the tree that it had claimed as it's own.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime30th January 2019, 8:30 pm

Qeynan looked at the insect and bit her lip gently. She didn't know whether or not she could take the creature on her own, and she would rather not waste more tools trying. She called on her limited knowledge of Fauna and noted that many of them shared elemental affinities, with very little variation unless they were subspecies. Acid Release had already shown to be the puppeteer's enemy It would be best to take it out quickly before it has a chance to attack... Instead, she motioned to Praise to watch her back before making a few quick movements with her hands. Three blades lashed out ahead of her, moving at C-Rank+ Speeds in a sawing motion. One blade headed directly for the bug, while the second aimed to cut from below and the other from above, leaving the creature's methods of escape limited.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime31st January 2019, 12:18 pm

Praise would scoop up some sand from the ground and would attempt to pack it into a dense ball using her hands to hold it in place until she gathered enough to have both of her palms completely filled. She would do this in order to wait for the fauna to get closer so that she could swing her arms and let loose the sand to attempt to blind it or at least obscure it's vision in some way. It was the least she could do in order to distract it, that way Qeynan had a better chance of finishing it or it would be off balanced enough for her to land a physical strike. She would watch as her teammate guided her weapons towards her and would nod as such a response was far more likely to attract it's attention than anything else she could do. Fortunately unlike the first one it had no experience in what they could do so it was likely that this time they'll have an easier time of dispatching it.

-------------------------------------

The Vespoid would actually shift it's position when blades headed towards it spitting out a globule of acid to destroy the one coming directly at it and then promptly making a beeline towards Qeynan using it's full speed. It's stinger would be pointed forward when it got closer however it would be suddenly impacted with numerous grains of sand flung at it causing it to be partially blinded. This would cause it to miss it's intended target though unless Qeynan was able to move out of the way in time it would collide into her body at A-rank speeds.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime31st January 2019, 7:36 pm

The creature came hurtling towards Qeynan and she found that she had little space to try and avoid or counter-attack. Luckily the creature was blinded. The puppeteer moved so that the stinger would just barely miss her person, while pulling a kunai from her pouch and simply holding it out in front of her. Sure, she would be rammed and knocked off her perch, but the creature would also hopefully impale itself on the projectile due to the speed at which it was moving. It was a risk, but one that also allowed an opportunity. As the Vespoid rammed into her, Qeynan's free hand would make two quick motions, summoning two blades to try and saw the creature into three pieces from behind.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime31st January 2019, 7:45 pm

The Vespoid would die from the impact, truthfully they were really frail due to their exoskeleton not providing any sort of defensive capabilities, their main method of surviving was avoidance and grouping up on enemies and for most things they were more of an annoyance than a true threat. But since it's opponent's were lowly untrained genin it seemed quite dangerous, and it would slump on top of the genin not moving at all once the kunai penetrated it's carapace. Though if Qeynan wished to continue to move her blades to further mutilate it's corpse she was free to do so.

---------------------------------------

Praise would nod, seeing that Qeynan was capable enough to survive the rushing fauna and then would move to harvest the wood they needed from the tree. That would make yet another notch towards the completion of this mission. "Alright, let's hope these trees aren't always spread out like this, otherwise this will take a while." Praise said speaking a bit more freely as now that they had killed alongside one another she felt that her teammate could handle herself though that didn't mean she trusted Qeynan enough to be friends or anything like that. She would sniff the air after moving a distance away from the now harvested tree to try and pick up a fresh scent though at the same time she decided to take her time so that they could recover some energy. This way if they ran into more trouble they wouldn't be all that vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime31st January 2019, 8:15 pm

Qeynan pushed the bug off of her with some effort, standing up and brushing herself off. She pulled a clean rag from a pouch and cleaned the kunai she held and her hand off. She fixed her dress and dusted herself off before returning to her seat on her blade "I hope so as well. Fingers crossed we don't run into any more Vespoid." She sighed and carded her fingers through her bang "These things are so annoying...but don't they usually move in groups? It seems strange that we are running in to lone Vespoid rather than swarms of them..." That didn't sit well with Qeynan given the creature's nature. Either there was something off with the two they had encountered or they were close to the hive. She didn't like the idea of the latter. Praise was good in a fight, but she had barely come out of that last encounter unscathed. Going up against numbers would be a disaster.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime1st February 2019, 11:51 am

OOC: Blade said that during missions there aren't any encounter rolls so how about we just wrap up this mission okay?.

Praise would eventually get her bearing and this time when she lead them around they would find three of these trees in quite close proximity to one another. What was even better was that it seemed like there weren't any vespoids that were claiming any of them so for the first time they might actually be able to harvest the wood would interruptions. Which was actually pretty good since the sooner they managed to do that the sooner they could return home with their mission being complete. Still she learned a bit about her teammate that she probably wouldn't have learned in another situation even if it didn't change how she felt about whether or not she could trust Qeynan. She knew that the shinobi was at least somewhat capable if a bit unrefined just like she was so eventually she was sure that Qeynan would end up being a strong genin and at the very least wouldn't hold her back when it was time for them to take the exams. Hopefully Seran would also be one of those who wouldn't hold her back otherwise she would have to train twice as hard in order to make up for any weaknesses having him on their team would bring.

Harvesting:

Mission Complete?
(If yes then Praise Exits)
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime1st February 2019, 5:38 pm

The rest of the time it took to collect the wood seemingly flew by. There were no more Vespoid in sight and they found a grouping of three trees. Just what they needed. Praise collected the rest of the wood they needed for the mission with a quickness that Qeynan took to mean she wanted to get this over and done with. The puppeteer was starting to take it less and less personally, as it sunk in that Praise was just overly...Praise. She hadn't found the proper adjective for it yet. Qeynan herself collected more wood for her puppets, storing what she could in her bag until it was full. Praise was already tracing her way back out of the forest, but something strange caught Qeynan's eye: a trail of spiders weaving their way through the trees and deeper into the forest. Qeynan needed to get back in order to complete the mission, but she stabbed a kunai into one of the freshly stripped trees in order to mark the area. Her Eidetic Memory would allow her to find it perfectly again, but this was just a precaution. With that, she floated off after her teammate, satisfied with a job well done.

Harvested:

Mission Complete
{Qeynan Exits}
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime1st February 2019, 10:10 pm

Approved

800 Xel and 1 C-Rank tech or 2 D-Rank techs

Or

200 Xel, 3 D-Ranks of Grade II Wood(F, Y, D), 1 C-Rank tech or 2 D-Rank techs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]   Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spider and Poltergeist: Gathering Wood! [Qeynan/Praise Duo]
Page 1 of 1