Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

On the Road Again

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenji

Kenji

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime4th January 2016, 5:02 pm

Zane walked along the dusty expanse that was the Land of Madness. There was really no proper way to describe the Land of Madness other than desolate and death. It wasn't necessarily a dessert, there was vegetation here and there and several large rock formations scattered about in the distance. Even some pockets of trees made appearances as Zane walked. However, all of these things seemed to be in some degree of dying. The vegetation was dry and scraggly, the rocks were crumbling and toppled over frequently from feint winds. The entire land possessed an oppressive feeling for any that wandered its lonely expanse. A feeling of dread, the loss of hope, a feeling of a steep descent...into madness.

As Zane walked along this road of depression, he nudged a small rock ahead of him with the toe of his shoe. Each step the little rock tumbled and rolled in the dusty earth as Zane continued his march back to the Temple of Datara. As he walked, Zane whistled a little tune. He wasn't sure where he had heard it, but clearly his memory bank had saved it from some time long past, perhaps while he was at the institution. It was a cheery little tune, a great contrast to the world around him. Adding to this contrast were his blood soaked clothes, smattered and smeared by the opponents unfortunate enough to be placed in the same Pit as him way back in the Black Dome. As he whistled, Zane picked a little bit of grey matter off the shoulder of his jacket and flicked it away without a second thought.
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime4th January 2016, 6:09 pm

In the distance a battle way going on, it was a three way struggle between opponents locked in the most grueling of fights. It was a Raccoon fighting an Eagle which was also fighting a Jackaloupe, to be honest it was pretty amusing from a distance but for the most part it wasn't. At the moment the Eagle was surprisingly losing as it seemed to be the most injured while the Jackalope seemed to have the advantage in both speed and the least wounds out of the three. Despite Zane's whistling none of the paid him any attention what so ever, and they would continue their battle with the Raccoon using the transformation technique to change into a kunai after charging at the Jackaloupe. Unfortunately the gambit wouldn't work as the hare would block the weapon with it's antlers before parrying the eagle's claws as it came from above.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Kenji

Kenji

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime5th January 2016, 12:45 pm

Zane paused his whistling as the sounds of screeching animals and talons grinding against antlers echoed across the wasteland. He turned in the direction, raising a hand to his forehead as if to block out the sun or maybe it was to see better, or maybe he had just watched a little too much TV. Whatever the case may be, Zane scanned the wasteland in the distance and spotted quite the spectacle of animals. There was a strange grey creature that had just used the transformation technique to turn into a weapon...that wasn't something Zane had ever seen before. Then there was the bird creature who looked a little worse for the ware, and finally a creature who, for all intents and purposes looked like it had been the child of a bunny raped by a deer. Seeing as no one at the temple was particularly expecting his arrival, he wouldn't be late for anything and who would want to miss out on a cage match between three animals? So, that in mind, Zane jogged over to the creatures, stopping about ten feet away to get a closer look at this fight. Hey...what'cha doing?
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime5th January 2016, 2:06 pm

The animals would dart away from each other, the Eagle flapping just enough to remain in the air while the Raccoon glared at the Jackaloupe who lowered it's antlers downward wary for any surprise attacks from either of the other two. "*pant* Can't you see? We are engaging in glorious battle to the death." The Raccoon said darting to the person who had interrupted their fight. He was gray with a checkered pattern going down his back and the usual looks of his species, oddly enough though the claws on his paws actually looked metallic considering they glinted in the hot sunlight.

The Jackaloupe would thump the ground, in agitation. "There is nothing glorious about battle you rodent." Her voice ringing out filled with annoyance, she had just been minding her business when she was suddenly accosted by that stupid bird and the opportunistic Raccoon had joined in the fray. Thankfully she was skilled at defending herself and thus had for the most part come out unscathed during the confrontation. She was a snow white, even her antlers shared the same coloration though her eyes were red though the tips of her antlers were also stained with blood.

"I just wanted to grab an exotic lunch, if I had known it would be such a hassle I wouldn't of bothered. Unfortunately I'm stuck now, the Raccoon did something so none of us can reverse summon ourselves." The Eagle said it's voice rather androgynous gazing at Zane with one of it's eyes. "Would be awesome if you helped I'd split the food with you?" it said causing the Jackaloupe to thump again before speaking. "No way, help me against these two assholes, I was just minding my business before the bird brain attacked and now like the coward it is it's asking for assistance when it's losing." The Racoon would snicker before throwing in his two cents. Or you can get in this free for all, you seem like the blood thirsty type.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime5th January 2016, 2:33 pm

Zane looked at the animals as they spoke, cocking his head to the side. Now this was quite the conundrum, who to help indeed. Confused at first, Zane's stomach rumbled at the mention of splitting food. He hadn't eaten since before the pit trials and all that fighting had taken a tole on his hunger. Granted, he was mostly machine so he didn't really have to eat, nor did he really feel hungry. Hunger was simply something he had observed while traveling through the few nomadic settlements that darted the Land of Madness. It seemed people there were always hungry considering the lack of edible vegetation and the fact that the vast majority of creatures in this land were far too dangerous to eat or kill. So, if he chose to ignore this hunger it would simply go away and not bother him, but since he had already pulled it from his memory banks, Zane decided that was enough to warrant joining in. Besides, the bird had been the only thing nice enough to actually offer something in return.

Nice bird. Zane said before winding up and attempting to kick the raccoon away with C-rank strength, who had darted towards him while talking. Bad kitty. He said before turning his attention to the rabbit. In one clean movement Zane generated and tossed a sphere of steel at the jackalope, moving at B-rank speeds. Upon impact the ball would explode, sending out metal needles to impale the jackalope further.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime5th January 2016, 3:05 pm

The Raccoon would attempt to dodge out of the way at D-rank speeds however would get clipped by Zane's foot and end up soaring into the air, the Eagle would flap it's wings before closing the distance between the two and grabbing it's neck between it's talons a crunch sound echoing as it snapped the Racoon's neck. Meanwhile the Jackaloupe would hop up with C-rank strength and attempt to gore Zane on it's horns but was intercepted by the metal sphere which would impact it and promptly tear it to fleshy chunks it's carcass falling to the ground. Much thanks stranger. I'm Swift. Your name? Swift said flapping over to Zane and dropping the dead raccoon at his feet. He instead wanted to eat the Jackaloupe which thankfully was already cut apart thanks to the human's technique.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime5th January 2016, 3:22 pm

Zane, Zane said in reply to Swift before picking up the raccoon and taking a large bit out of the creature's abdomen. Chunks of muscle and flesh spilled from his mouth to the ground as he tore away flesh. Chewing dutifully he eyed a piece of intestines that hung out of the raccoon, dangling like a warm string. Hmm chewy, but warm. Zane said, his mouth full of furry rodent, Don't mention it, gave me something to do, you know? Besides, free meal is a free meal. So what's that whole thing about reverse summonings and stuff? You guys get lost or something? Zane asked, turning the raccoon over in his hands. He decided he didn't actually like eating this beast, but he had registered the memory and textures associated with it already. Here, you can have this one too if you want. Make sure you eat around the metal spikes in that bunny. Zane said, tossing the raccoon's corpse next to the jackaloupe's.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime6th January 2016, 11:08 am

Zane didn't have to warn the eagle as a combination of it's claws and beak and the bird would manage to avoid eating any of the metal only consuming the parts of the corpse. Swift would finish eating the Jackaloupe fairly quickly it was obvious it was which hungry though when Zane offered the Raccoon swift would hop over before using it's beak to peel back the fur so it could get to the flesh. Not really, occasionally us summons travel outside of the summoning realm, the environment is more chakra rich than the summoning realm it helps with our growth. Swift said turning to Zane and looking him over with a critical eye, he seemed nice enough well nice enough to help rather than assist the other two. Thanks for helping me, I would pay you back but I only have one thing to offer. Would you care to become the summoner for the eagle contract? You would be the first even though we are strong we haven't had a summoner before mainly because the other avian contracts are more popular.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime14th March 2016, 4:44 pm

Zane nodded as Swift spoke between mouth..or rather beakfuls of raccoon and jackaoupe. So basically, you were training. Zane looked into the distance as Swift continued eating, thinking about the rest of his journey home. He was a good hour or so out still, not that anyone would be waiting for him at the temple, but he wanted to get back as quickly as possible to report his progress update. He was about to say goodbye to Swift when the young avian mentioned a contract. Summoner for the Eagle Contract? Zane asked, his interest piqued. Even as he asked the question, the insects skittering through his body seemed to become agitated. I'm not entirely sure my friends would appreciate that. You and your pals would have to promise not to bother them if we decided to join up. Zane said as several mecha-jasasori spilled out of his pants legs and skittered about the ground around him.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime14th March 2016, 5:42 pm

"Um nope, the Eagles have no problems with Scorpions, much less tiny ones. Besides we don't eat bugs we eat meat and prefer the hard stuff to be on the inside not the outside anyway." Swift said eyeing the numerous metal arachnids that emerged from underneath his new allies skin. "So yeah if that's your only issue then I'm going to need you to sign in blood. ..You have blood right? he would turn his head a bit and peer at him with one eye having noticed the fact that he was pretty metallic, and it would kind of suck if they went through all of this and he didn't even have the necessary thing to make the contract. He'd ruffle his feathers a bit and a small scroll would fall out which he'd catch with his beak before it hit the ground.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime14th March 2016, 8:12 pm

Zane perked up as the bird said his people had no interest in Zane's bugs. With a wide grin Zane said, Ah perfect, that's good to hear! Really it is! He would take the scroll from Swift's mouth and unfurl enough to see the area where his signature was required. Blood...well, he sort of had blood. There was the oil that kept his systems running, then there was the black blood given to him by Satan and the other worshipers of Datara. Surely those two would do? Zane picked up one of his Jasasori from the ground which bit the tip of his index finger, allowing oil and black blood to flow out together, mixing into a goupy substance devoid of any form of color. This wasn't just black, it was as if the tip of his finger simply didn't exist. Just a void of nothingness where his digit once was. So, just sign here and we're all buddy buddy then? Zane asked, for once taking his time instead of rushing into things. Clearly the pits had tired him out both physically and mentally.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime14th March 2016, 8:26 pm

"Yep. Then I'll take the scroll back to the boss and inform him that we finally have a summoner. He'll probably want you to summon him at some point to get to know you but you can summon me anytime bro." Swift said with a bob of the head, he was pretty cheerful it wasn't as if everyday a young summon head out in search of some training, got a free meal and got himself a strong summoner. "Kwakwakwa..all the girls are going to flock towards me." he chuckle mentally slightly daydreaming about the female eagles wanting to have his chicks. He'd snap back to reality of Zane asked him something else or signed the contract just so he could take flight and hold out one of his legs to take the contract back after getting his new summoners signature.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime14th March 2016, 8:42 pm

Zane smeared the black ooze coming from his finger across the signatory line. He had never actually signed his name before and writing in blood with his finger wasn't exactly the easiest practice. Saying the name was legible was a bit of a stretch but, Zane doubted it really mattered what he had written. For all he knew he could've just covered his hand and given a nice hand print at the bottom of the scroll. As long as the Eagles had his blood, the contract was solid. There ya go, all finished. Zane said, not trying to hide the cheer in his voice as he handed the scroll back. He genuinely was excited. Not only did he make some powerful allies, but some new friends to talk to. It was always nice talking to someone other than Paul. I'm heading back to the temple now so you're free to go and do whatever you want. I'll summon you sometime soon and introduce you to some of my... Zane trailed off, thinking about what Satan and the other Princes of Hell were to him, ...friends. He said with a smile before walking off towards the temple.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime14th March 2016, 10:02 pm

"See you soon hopefully then." Swift bid Zane farewell while waving a goodbye with his wing and vanishing with a puff of smoke, back to the perilous summoning realm or more importantly the place where unknown clans like the Eagle Contract constantly fought for survival within the center of the Summoning Realm, Ophiuchus. It was quite fortunate not only had he managed to complete his mission but stumbled upon a chance encounter leading him to gaining a summoning contract. Not just that but one capable of flight, not many contracts could boast such a feat though that has to do with the fact that flight was a rare skill among the animal kingdom being restricted to only birds, bats and winged insects. Which considering the Shinto clan decimated the insect summon population during the era of warring states functionally only the bat contract and the various avians still claimed the skies as their haven.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime19th March 2016, 11:36 am

Zane bid farewell to his new avian friend and took off at a sprint in the direction he had originally been traveling. The sun was high now, near midday most likely. He should make it back to the Temple long before it set. That is, as long as nothing else happened along the way. Not that he was complaining, having a summoning contract, especially one that could fly would be very useful in his upcoming years. As Zane ran he thought about the numerous things he could do with his new avian friends, the places he could go and the adventures they would have. Meanwhile, back in his subconscious, Paul thought of all the new ways they could weaponize the birds of prey. Yet, even deeper back, a third person manifested thoughts of his own, but they were scattered and unreadable. Like a new child coming into the world; Zane continued on towards the temple.

-Exit-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On the Road Again Empty
PostSubject: Re: On the Road Again   On the Road Again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the Road Again
Page 1 of 1