Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Empty
PostSubject: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime30th April 2014, 1:30 pm

Xan was waiting for his apprentice having dropped off the Toketsu boy and dealt with his own training before hand, he already knew somewhat of what he wished to pass on to the boy, and felt that seeing his fighting style he would benefit from further instruction in Kenjutsu. He had gone home and delved into his clan techniques hoping to find renewed inspiration and thankfully he had. Now with the mastery of those techniques he was a bit closer to becoming a better weapon for Samuigakure. However it was now time to be more selfish, he needed a person to pass on his family line of Kenjutsu to, the Isley style of kenjutsu. This was the reason he was waiting in the middle of the training area, the boy had potential and had turned a vice into a means to an end, this war would most likely claim a lot of lives. However hopefully with this instruction that Xan was offering him, Tumu would not be one of those extinguished within the flames of war.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime30th April 2014, 9:40 pm

Tumu would walk into the training grounds quite casually, finding Xander waiting patently in the middle. Its odd to have someone waiting, going out of their way to meet up with a petty drunk, this whole relationship will no doubt take some getting used to, but it was a good feeling none the less. Making his way over, Tumu would release one of his hands from his pocket to offer a quick wave before approaching. "Yo Sensei, I assume we are moving directly into training." Kenjutsu most likely, given their past conversations. There were quite a few things about this man that seemed shrouded in mystery, for example, his query early about immortality, a strange concept to bring up. Preparing for whatever it may be, Tumu would grab Sharp Shooter, removing the strap from his shoulder as he grabbed the hilt, the wheel on the left side rotating with a quick click, allowing the rifle to change form almost instantaneously into a fancy blade. "What are we learning today?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime31st May 2014, 3:58 pm

I'll be teaching you Iaido, or at least teach you enough that you will be capable of making your own version of this kenjutsu style. After all in order to even begin to learn the Isley Style Kenjutsu Arts you must have an understanding of the concept of Iaido. Xander said before falling into a stance while grasping Basilisk. Iaido revolves around the quick seemless draw to move and cut an opponent before sheathing the blade in one smooth motion. It is due to the seemless transition that cypher learned how to disrupt hand seals mid formation. I myself am rather skilled with the use of this and for that reason I will demonstrate and you will try to replicate it to the best of your ability. he said before making a quick slash through the air before repeating it again three times each time slower than what he did before the reasoning was simple, the first was the actual use whereas the rest were just so that Tumu could learn the Kata.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime31st May 2014, 11:06 pm

Tumu listened and watched carefully with each demonstration. Understanding the replicating the act really wouldn't be too much of an issue of the drunken genius, however, there were problems which arose naturally. "I see, what if my blade doesn't have a sheath? After all, it is just as much a rifle as it is a sword. Should i just..." Tumu would move the blade to his side, as if pretending it were in a sheath. "Should i just hold it to my side and perform the motion? Or perhaps I should have the laido revolve around how I have it hanging across my chest?" Most techniques will revolve around this motion it seems. Perhaps the time to take up a second blade has finally come, a mission or two and he'll at least have enough to buy a basic training blade to use for these exercises.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime6th June 2014, 6:59 am

Hmm. Xan said studying the boy before noticing that his blade was indeed unique perhaps he would be able to make a variant which could be utilized interchangeably with how Tumu utilized his weapon. Are you capable of shifting your weapon through forms? That is an option however it would be preferable if you did obtain a blade with a sheathe the power of Iaido comes from the built up momentum from sliding the blade out of it's sheathe that coupled with the trajectory of the slice and subsequent placement allows one the ability to dish out multiple strikes which upon the completion frees up your hands to do something else. Xan said looking the boy over and deciding perhaps he should instead buy him a weapon seeing as he was his sensei might as well get him a durable weapon. But then again who knew the kid might have his own savings. Would you like for me to purchase a weapon for you?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime6th June 2014, 8:13 am

Tumu would think about it, wondering whether or not it was acceptable to ask for his new instructor to purchase a blade for him. Was it really a good idea to go into dept so early, obviously Xan wouldn't mind too much, but the conscious would eat the drunk alive until he repaid it in some form. Anyway that's something which can be addressed at the end of the post, for now the first suggestion. Tumu's blade would revert to a rifle as he pretended to shoot at a target to his right, his front and finally his left, however the moment he pretended to make the last acceleration, Sharp Shooter would once again transform into a blade as it was swung quickly and without warning back across his body, mimicking the movement to an extent as it ended once again in its rifle form. "This does give me a number if ideas, and the technique can be applied to an extent, but it's most likely impractical for further study. In saying that...I am broke." listen to him go, the boy hasn't spoke proper English to another person for quite some time now, such a proud moment where he finally gets to express his unseen maturity.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime6th June 2014, 6:00 pm

Xan would watch what his apprentice was doing before waiting for him to finish before his usual frown would lessen somewhat at Tumu's blasé reply. It's understandable your a genin, they usually are broke especially since you haven't had the opportunity to do missions recently. Remind me to take you on one of those sometime soon. For now we will continue to practice with your usual weapon so you can at least grasp the concept once we finish I will take you to obtain a weapon. However there are many types of bladed weapons with sheathes what you are looking for would be a single edged weapon either a katana or chokuto the latter is more difficult to use but is more durable in case you end up exchanging strikes with another weapon, while the former is easier to pick up but isn't meant to be used against another weapon as it dulls the edge. My family is used to using different types of bladed weapons in sync with Iaido, my ancestor used a Nodachi which is essentially a much longer version of a katana which is meant to be used with both hands as a result she was able to combine speed and even more raw power. My grandfather used a Tanto a much shorter reach but much quicker than a katana to execute that in conjunction with his displacement aura made him arguably the most deadly kenjutsu user in the Isley family line. My mother however decided to go with a Odachi shorter than a katana and more curved that coupled with her flexibility allowed both smooth and precise strikes. I use a scimitar which has much more power in a weapon exchange than the others while likewise retaining the speed of a katana the only thing I suffer from is a lower reach. Xan said going out of his way to explain the different types of swords that could be used in conjunction with Iaido as most didn't seem to understand that one couldn't just have any sword and not expect some drawbacks as a result. Of course you can use a different weapon after all that is somewhat of the unspoken tradition the apprentice learns from their teacher and puts their own spin on it in order to allow the Isley Kenjutsu Style to continue to evolve. he said before waiting for Tumu to understand before be would stare at him expecting him to attempt to replicate the Kata he had been doing with his current weapon.

Techniques being Taught
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime7th June 2014, 9:39 am

Tumu would nod as his master went on to explain the many different types of blades which would be suitable and have already been proven as useful in this particular line of style. It was slightly peaking Tumu's interest as up to this point, it appeared to be a family tradition passed down, yet is now being provided to an outsider, not that one would complain about such an honourable blessing. Which however, would be suiting for Tumu, who focuses on unpredictability and swiftness. "Your mother, Odachi was it? It appears to be a very precise weapon complimenting a graceful style. I'm the opposite, the art of my blade is similar to the art of a toddler, performed quickly, but without any actual target points, zero consistency. Range makes little difference when it comes to how I use my blade." Tumu is the type to plan each and every movement he makes, yet it runs through a randomisation before implementation, somewhere along the line it varies, coming out with uneven depths. "I do rely on my flexibility, I enjoy moving in ways others cannot... What winks you recommend?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime7th June 2014, 5:47 pm

Then you might want to see about obtaining a flexible blade perhaps, not a whip blade but something of a cross between a rapier and a weapon with an edge. This will allow speed and flexibility as well as a lack of predictability due to the motions of the blade being in consistent. It will however require you to learn how to adapt to the irregular movement of the blade in order to sheathe it. Then again assuming you are in a drunken spell you probably will be able to do so more easily than if you were in fact sober, I take it you've worked out how to retain your cognitive ability to a certain extent while indulging in your vice? Xan said before pausing seeing as he had mentioned something that wasn't on the list. It would make your own style unique as you are different from myself and the rest of the Isley line. It isn't a bad thing but an evolution of the style, of course eventually you will be required to have the knowledge of the styles preceding you mainly so in the event that you need to teach others after my passing you will be able to do so. Besides it doesn't hurt to be familiar with different styles just in case you come across swordsmen who use similar styles. I would like to say that my family style is the best kenjutsu style known across the Land of Beginnings but it isn't or at least we are taught that it isn't infallible, in order to become the best we can't stagnate or grow complacent so the only thing I wish to add is if you have a general samurai style such as Tenmetsu Ko, Osoroshi Daku, Hansa Buredo or Jusuina Hairo that you eventually incorporate it into the Isley Style Kenjutsu for future apprentices. My family was initially limited by being all Zireh, I'm the first Zireh/Human hybrid and you are the first human to ever be taught so it is up to us to do what our predecessors are unable to do.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime8th June 2014, 10:54 am

"The first human, huh? Was it a blessing or a curse, only time will tell. "But to answer your former question, I am always in complete control of both my mind and my body, substance abuse only influences my ability to give fucks. I believe that's the best way to out it all together. He'd let out a small chuckle before readoating to the seriousness of this training, resisting any urges to indulge in his drink despite the thought now surfacing. "I would assume that I'd like time to reflect, test and examine different blade bore formally making a decision, but for now, I should really focus on perfecting this laido rather then the current temperature, the 7 primary sounds, the estimate percentage of drink I have remaining and the assumed period of time I've been calculating to see the mean between each of your smokes. All the while thinking about the war, different weapons, your family heritage, my next meal, reflecting on memories...remaining sober is quite exhausting and at times, a bother. Although it's harder to gather the willpower to act whilst intoxicated, it's much easier to focus on a single goal. A more unseen side of Tumu, never will you ever catch him with just a single thought on his mind, hence why at times, he may appear to ramble on about unrelated topics or go to far into one which holds no importance, such as that conversation itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime10th June 2014, 9:40 pm

Xan would listen to the boy before silently agreeing with him however he had already given the demonstration now it was simply a matter of the boy replicating what he had done over and over until it came to him naturally. Xander would stay somewhat away from him about 5 feet before putting up his hands in the seal of confrontation simply waiting until his apprentice was ready to begin the next part of the training for Iaido. This involved using the practiced kata in combat while the teacher is attempting to use ninjutsu and gauging exactly how fast one has to be to slice at the opponents hands while drawing the weapon. Likewise while using no wasted movement promptly sheathing the weapon after the slash whether it hit or not in order to use a follow up strike for Iaido. I will expect you to practice with the other swords in your downtime. But you are right continue to practice the kata and when you are ready, we will see whether you are capable of using it in battle.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime15th June 2014, 7:49 am

My apologies for taking so long to post, I was to oblivious to notice your post.

Tumu would nod, making nothing close to being considered a sound as he continued to repeat the process around eight more times, changing small movements here and there to see its effect, hoping to maximise e potential usage, yet more ideas flowing through his head in regards to phasing, but for another time. After believing he had spent enough time, and corrected enough of his movement, Tumu would look up to meet the eyes of Xan. "Okay, I'm confident in this, let's move on to the combat scenario." He assumed his sensei to offer some sort of attack or stimulus to work with, the only question remaining is, should Tumu perform the Laido slice as he had practiced in body, or the version only developed and replayed in his mind. Situational I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)   Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training an Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Tumu)
Page 1 of 1