Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

A Smol Moth Pondering Training

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sosina

Sosina

A Smol Moth Pondering Training Empty
PostSubject: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime2nd October 2021, 9:16 pm

Mika had just finished another Long Training session, and was doing a cool down jog, She was actually starting to run out of Ideas for ways she could train herself to close the gap between herself and the other students here at the Academy. She understood that due to most of them being from Families with long histories, and likely many of them having many Ninja in those family, they likely had been trained before even being admitted to the Academy having undergone proper training techniques and likely told what to expect from other known families and the like. Meanwhile she herself had only been able to due rudimentary Training after the family moved to Dipugakure and even then she couldn't utilize Ninjutsu or Genjutsu or really.. do anything with her Chakra like everyone else here.

Her family had been Couriers as far back as she knew, and she knew her father and mother had also done the work, in fact.. thinking on it she was sure her grandparents had as well, not exactly the most known of people to make a Shinobi. So now here she was trying to make use of only her natural talents, and that meant she had to push herself further then anyone else. She also knew it was something she had to do, she hadn't seen anyone else even coming close to training as much as her, and from them all having some family background in this type of thing surely they didn't need to, they also had so much more options to use, so likely the only reason she didn't see anyone training as much as her, was that no one needed to train as much as her.

As she did another lap with her weighted vest, arm weights, leg weights and belt, she couldn't help but consider that maybe she could never catch up? But she Shook that thought away for now as she continued to jog, thinking like that was self defeating, and she wasn't about to let that get in her way.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime2nd October 2021, 10:20 pm

Skelmar happened to be taking his training around the republic until he came up to the academy. It had been a while since he was a student and decided he would stop by since he was in the area. One reason was to get some ideas for his own training by seeing the creativity of the younger generation currently enrolled. However, first he would need to look around and see if he could spot any students actually doing their own training and not a class doing training thus so he wouldn't interrupt the class. "How, diligent are kids these days?" he would muse to himself before spotting a small creature running with weighted equipment. "Well, I'll be." he was impressed by this students means of training, as most tend to neglect the physical aspect due to chakra use. It wasn't until he got closer when he realized she was of similar decent as himself. A Faunus, only difference was based off how she looked she was probably pureblooded, where as he himself was only a hybrid. "Interesting training you got going on there." Skelmar moved forward towards this individual as he was hoping to gain some new ideas for his own training.

"My name's Skelmar, its a pleasure." it would only be fair to introduce himself first since he was starting this whole thing. Nonetheless he had already gained the idea to incorporate weights into his routine thanks to this student. "How come you're training on your own?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime2nd October 2021, 10:47 pm

As Mika Jogged along with her weighted gear and thinking of ways to make the training more effective she felt someone coming closer, her antenna twitching and she tilted her head a bit as she moved along, her large ruby eyes catching the movement of the person and as she seen them she started to slow down, and as the person drew closer she had stopped, when he greeted her she lifted one of her four arms and waved "Hello there, and it's just some jogging..." she said a bit confused till she realized what he meant "Oh you mean the weights?" she said with a smile taking the time to stretch as the taller man introduced himself.

"I'm Mika Nymphalidae, nice to meet you" she said energetically, despite the weights on her body she didn't seems strained at all, and when he asked about the training she looked a tad confused "Training?.... OH you mean my cool down jog? I was training most of the day really, and so I am taking some time to relax and cool down with a long jog" she said in a Chipper tone. "As for everyone else, they probably don't need to train... I think I am pretty far behind everyone all things considered, I rarely see them training... and I mean a lot are from notable families.. so I don't doubt they had some formal training before even coming to the Academy.. so I have a lot of catching up to do" she said thinking about it a bit as she stretched once more.

"Only issue is I am worried my training isn't efficient enough... I mean I have a lot of ground to cover after all.. and I think normal training isn't going to cut it anymore" she added as she crossed her arms and thought about it "Issue is I have been coming up empty on Ideas"
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime3rd October 2021, 8:31 pm

Slightly smiling Skelmar listened to the the young girl speak with enthusiasm. "I'd still consider that training. However, that's my opinion." laughing softly he heard the bit about 'notable families and winced ever so slightly. "Their families may be notable, however that doesn't mean their offspring are worth their weight in gold if they slacked at all during their training before the academy." his words seemingly laced with some distain as he spoke the last statement.

He held his own beliefs on the clans, mostly his own. "So it seems you've run out of idea? Do tell what style do you practice?" he had some ideas of her type of training however it would be better to get her own statement since it was very well possible he could be wrong on her style of combat. "I won't lie to you, I feel like I may be in a similar boat which is why I decided to come here since I was in the area to get some ideas myself."
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime4th October 2021, 5:36 pm

Mika stood there and thought on what she could do, and then as she thought the person with her started to say he would consider the Jog as training, and yeah that was fair, but if she counted that as training, she would likely fall farther behind, But as the boy continued on about the Families she noticed the tone of his voice, it seemed he had some issues perhaps with the families or clans? well it wasn't her place to pry "Well... okay that's fair I honestly don't have any clue if they did train or not before being sent here...but it's the Main academy of the Republic so I assumed it was a safe guess to think they had been trained somewhat before coming here" she said as she started to do stretches once more.

Ss Skelmar mentioned her running out of Ideas she nodded, wait style? "Umm... what do you mean what style?" she asked honestly her head tilting to the side and her antenna twitching gently as she was a bit puzzled by what he meant, did he mean her own combat style? but.. she made that up on her own... maybe he meant the Eight gates? but.. That one person she should keep that as a trump card. On hearing that he had no Ideas for himself she thought once more "Well tell me what you mean by style?" she asked thinking about her clans style there was that... but she wasn't using that ether... not yet....
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime29th October 2021, 10:14 pm

"Well, style as in you focus of attack? Basically like how some people use a specific type of fighting, example like myself I tend to lean closer toward Kenjutsu, taijutsu, and supportive ninjutsu. However, one could also further add in that they, for example, focus on how much damage they can do in a single hit, or how many hits they can get in, in a single second etcetera." Looking over the young girl and her method of training he had assumed she mainly focused on Taijutsu, which might make it easier for himself to also learn what he wanted to do in terms of his own style.

"Also, they may or may not have received training. However, don't push yourself too hard as rest is also part of training you have to make sure you're always ready." Skelmar was rubbing his chin a little bit as he would listen to Mika but also thinking on a few things for himself in terms of conditioning and making sure he could outlast people in a fight.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime16th November 2021, 2:06 am

her focus of attack? Oh that was easy she only really had one means of attack, and as the boy mentioned his own style she smiled and nodded "Ah I see, I use just Taijutsu for the most part, at the moment I don't really use much more then that really, and I guess I focus more on close combat, but not really anything to focused at the moment, more just trying to pummel I guess" she said as she thought about that, she really had no Finesse or sneaky tricks, not at the moment anyway, she was already taking some things that she had been given Ideas for, but they were still in their planning stages at the moment.

When he mentioned training she thought on that, she really hadn't had any training till she got here and even then it was mostly personal training with only a few pointers here and there... nothing in depth so it was hard to say she was trained by anyone other then that one guest to the Academy that she couldn't really mention to much if she remembered correctly... he was like a Samurai or something if she recalled. "Well I haven't really got much in the way of training from others I am mostly self taught.... most of the training I am doing are things I figured on my own or read some things about" she spoke up.

"mostly it's just Endurance training and strength training at the moment but I also use weights and things to work on defensive training.. OH did you wanna see my set up?" she asked thinking maybe that would give him an Idea for himself as well, though truth be told she was already sure he had maybe through of the same Idea or something better then it.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime16th November 2021, 7:36 pm

Softly smiling at her he nodded, it was easy to see gear moving in peoples head. However, if the gears moved in the wrong direction it wouldn't be good to be in reverse... or was it? "Training, self taught or instructed is still training. However, you still need the rest in between training days to help allow the movement of the training stick if you know what I mean." He wasn't sure completely if she thought self training differed from being instructed, but then again being as she was an academy student she probably wouldn't notice that all they get instructed on is basic things and that it is up to the individual to build their path. Granted there were few instructors that would personally train students based off their personal style making the student a successor to their fighting style allowing the student to evolve the instructors style to new heights.

"Also taijutsu mostly? Not to be impersonal but do you have any control of your chakra or are you limited to taijutsu?" it would be easy to misconstrue his words but he was simply asking her if this choice was based on a lack of ability to control her chakra or not. Of course if he found out she lacked the use of chakra it would simply mean she really only had taijutsu, but in addition to that weapon techniques as well be it sword play, bow and arrow, kunai, or anything weapon related.

"Actually...I'd love to see your set up. I may be able to figure something out after seeing it!" Skelmar eyed the young woman as he started to think of a few things on his end, maybe sword movement tied in with speed or limb hardening and sharpening to become like a living weapon while maintaining fluid movements. Naturally a taijutsu user would also be beneficial as a team mate in the future as well.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime19th November 2021, 2:07 am

Oh so self teaching was still training, and as Skelmar pointed this out, the fact that the instructors only seemed to teach the basics Mika had to agree most of the things she learned she learned on her own with only basic instruction from instructors, the rest was her own training or research, though resting to let the training stick? but she rested, she took time to sleep and eat.. wasn't that enough? nothing bad seemed to be happening to her body at the moment anyway, but maybe he meant more in the long run? "but I have been fine all this time, and I do take some breaks, like when  I sleep at night and when I have a meal" she said not really realizing this was not exactly a normal training schedule.

As he asked about if she had the ability to control Chakra she she shook her head "Oh no I don't have any ability at all to control chakra really, so I have been just training my body and my Taijutsu" she confirmed as she gestured to the weights she was wearing. "Though I have found out not to long ago that it's somewhat of a limiting factor to my ability to deal with things" she added.

When he asked about her set up she nodded "Oh yeah it's over here.. come on" she said as she lead the way to the tree covered training area nearby that she used for her training, "Most of my things I have to set up myself so that it's not in everyone's way so give me a second" she said as she walked over to a large boulder in the area and she lifted it rather easily, and tied some webbing around it before setting it down near a tree, she then removed all her weights and tied them to the boulder with more Webbing before she flew up and placed a thick leather  pad on the tree branch before pulling the webbing over it and going back to the ground and lifting the boulder with the line and securing the line so the boulder wouldn't fall, she then moved the boulder back and anchored it so it was resting at an angle, "Almost done" she called over to him as she ran through the trees and set up Kunai and Shuriken as well as stones with lines of webbing so they would be set up to launch at a certain point at different times using different lengths and wrapping them around trees and the like so it would take longer for some to trigger then on thers.

Finally after all that was done she raced off then came back with some heavily reinforced training dummies and set them up off to the side before returning to Skelmar's side and smiled up at him "All done... see to train taking I hit I push the boulder back and let it strike me, I try to take the hit and prevent myself from moving... but if I move I add more weights and continuing till I can take a hit without moving at all, no matter how long it takes... then I trigger the Kunai and shuriken and stones so that they come at me somewhat randomly.. and I try to dodge them, if I get hit I set them all back up again and try again but I increase the amount of projectiles, and I continue until I can get through without being hit once.. then I go after the training dummies, one I attack with a string of attacks and try to keep it from hitting the ground, if I miss an attack or it hits the ground I start again and add more weight and armor to it till I manage to do the full Kata, and the last Dummy is for attacking a certain amount of times in a short time... if I can't do it I increase the amount of hits I have to land in the same time till I manage to do it.. and then after I am done with this I do some jogging against a set time.. .if I fail to make it I go again and shorten the time or increase the distance needed.. all while wearing extra weights.. and I do this every day along with grip training and meditation as well as breathing exercises and physical fitness regiments like push-ups sit ups and the like... if I fail to do the amount I set then I restart and aim for a higher number till I manage to complete it" she explained what she thought was a rather light training regiment.

"Though I bet everyone else has harder Training set up for themselves, this is as much as I can do... and I can't think of other things I can do to increase the efficiency or new things to add to it" she said thinking to herself apparently totally clueless at the extreme nature of her self imposed training. Even with a brief look it was obvious that the Kunai and Shuriken where combat quality, sharp and dangerous, not blunted training ones.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime11th December 2021, 7:24 pm

"Well first off you should take at least one day out of your week to just purely rest and relax it will help speed the recovery of your muscles which seeing as you said you're purely a taijutsu user you will need them to be in their top shape, the breaks you are taking in between are fine but not sufficient. With the rest day you should see improvements in your judgement and timing as well as your reflexes later on down the road, so treat your rest day as a training in itself if that helps." he knew the two tribes they belonged to were opposing each other however his mother raised him differently seeing as she was the black sheep of the tribe, and seeing as he only met them a few times when his mother took him along to visit her parents he really didn't know much about his tribe, he knew more about his fathers clan, the Shinto clan. "You should hold yourself higher than that what you see as your limits may be more of your strengths so train hard and really focus. You never know what might happen personally if I were in your position I'd look to see if there was any means for you to help counter other types of fighting styles as a supplementary means on top of your taijutsu training."

He was hoping to motivate her as he could see the potential in this particular faunus be it by her self or in a team environment. However, when she called him over he couldn't help but bellow out in laughter when he saw her near extreme training set up. Truth be told she was probably one of the most dedicated taijutsu users out there with this kind of set up. "My this is a rather extre.... Nice set up you have here." he stopped his words about the extreme nature of her set up so that he wouldn't influence her into lightening her training which could possibly have a negative influence on her in the future. "Seeing this setup I am even more convinced you need a rest day, you have a boulder practically smashing into you while later having full combat ready kunai and shuriken being sent in volleys at you, any mistake you could cause damage and not be healed up for the next training. However, color me impressed with what you have achieved and done with your training."
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime11th December 2021, 10:24 pm

Mika listened to the suggestion earnestly, after all Skelmar was a Full Shinobi so likely he would know more then she would about such things, so she would have to consider setting a side a day to simply rest, not just meditate, but just let her body rest, no training, just maybe some light reading and doing something else, anything but training especially with his saying it may increase her results later, so that was always a good thing. It might also help her consider other means of training if she took the time to simply relax and take her mind off the problem. So with a smile she added that little note to the others in her head for later and would have to rearrange her schedule so she could fit that in.

Looking at the Kunai and Shuriken when they were pointed out she nodded "Oh those? Yeah I had to get the sharpened ones, the training ones were okay but they made a different sound when going through the air, and they flew differently, I noticed it during one of the classes that they also had different accuracy, so I got some of the sharp ones, so far though I haven't been injured, if I get hit by one I just reset everything and start again" she said as if it made all the sense in the world, despite the clearly extreme measures she was taking to train

She smiled thought to the compliment of her set up, "Well I want to make sure I can at least preform at roughly the same level as the others, though we haven't had any sparring since I got here, but that may be because the whole training has just started, but likely many will have had some training before getting here, so I at least don't want to be caught off guard by that, I mean it would be nice if I could actually win a sparring match, but I will be happy if I don't win but make at least a good showing of it..." she looked at her set up and smiled.

"Besides for the goal I am aiming for I will have to put in a lot more work then this in the long run, if I even want to consider reaching my goal one day, and I an not planning on giving that goal up any time soon if I can help it" she said as she started to set things up for a quick training run "Wanna see it all work?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime15th December 2021, 6:43 pm

Rubbing his chin Skelmar let a rather rare smile out as he looked at the kunai and shuriken "Here is an idea for you, do both the training ones along with the combat ready ones. Reason being there are plenty of different types of throwing weapons, for example Shuriken already have several types, like the points can be anywhere between a single point to an eight point plus they go in depth with different types in each like the straight points or wave points etcetera then you also have the senbon needles. So the more types will help with your reflexes just don't add them all at once only start adding maybe one or two different ones at a time. Also try to find different types of throwing weapons instead of sticking to just Kunai and Shuriken."

Skelmar was partially reluctant to give her this idea, however the benefits out weighed the negatives the more she was prepared for the longer she would stay alive. "Also I think you should also train with weapons as well to increase your effective combat abilities example maybe some sort of ranged weapon that does more damage than kunai and shuriken and as well as maybe closer combat weapons like a sword or polearm which the latter will have a bit more range. I don't think there is a need to change your normal style but to at least be proficient in other physical types of styles to give you more chances at survival if needed." This particular advice wasn't any sort of attempt by Skelmar to change Mika's fighting style but to add supplementary styles to her own so she had options that would hopefully keep her alive plus they were mentions because of her lack of ability with chakra thus being one of the handful of things she would be able to do given her circumstances.

Subconsciously he would reach out and gently pat her head as she kept looking to improve herself which bolstered his own motivation to get stronger making him take mental notes of her training set up to see about recreating something similar in his own training area. "I'm sure you will be able to win one without effort, just keep your training up and on those rest days try studying different tactics that a pure taijutsu users can use to fend off other types of styles then try to implement them into your training days."
Nodding to her offer he decided he would follow her run and see first hand how it worked. "Yeah lets do this I am curious as to how effective it would be for myself." Once she would start moving he would keep pace and follow behind her.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime19th December 2021, 8:50 pm

Mika listened to the Idea, it didn't seem to make sense at first when she heard him suggest it, but as he continued she started to see the sense of it, she would have to get more different types then as well as the Senbon, they likely would all have different flight characteristics, sounds, feels in the air, speed, so many different variables, and if she got used to them then she could tell what was being thrown at her even if she couldn't see it, that could help out a lot later on down the road, maybe she could get some of those large ones as well that she had seen in the equipment books she had read through?

The Idea was a great one, and she noted that down mentally so that she would have to look into it later, but incorporating them into the current training set up should be easy enough, the suggestion to train with weapons was likely a good Idea, she was clumsy with weapons though, but that didn't mean they couldn't be useful Shuriken and Kunai could give her at least some Ranged potential, and other weapons could, as Skelmar pointed out, increase her chances of survival in the long run, not to mention she could also use them to make people think it's what she focused on if she trained well enough with them and left her Taijutsu in reserve for when things got really tough. A smile grew on her face as she thought of it all, but she would also have to pick a weapon she could conceal easily, after all Covert missions would require that, so perhaps something rather simple... a short blade of some kind? She would have to do a bit of research on weapons now, but that just meant more self improvement in the end.

"These are great suggestions, Thanks Skelmar!" she said energetically ass he got the course ready though she noticed Skelmar was getting ready to follow her, she looked at the set up a moment then back to him "It's not really set up for two at a time... Oh but I can change that! gimme a second!" she said as she ran off to alter the webbing for the projectiles and then she ran off for a few minutes, before returning with more weights and a boulder that was the same size as the one already tied up, she added more Projectiles and set up the new Bolder with weights attached, then she started to set everything up so that it would all set off a few moments after the ones she would use, long enough for Skelmar to get an Idea of what he would need to do by watching her and following along.

With that all set up she smiled and gave a thumbs up as she lined up next to him "Okay, I'll go first and then you follow, I set up your course so that it goes off a little after mine so you can get an Idea of what you need to do, without taking to long between seeing it and having to do it, that way it's not as easy as just following my movements" she said with a large smile before nodding and getting into a starting position.

"And.... GO!" she said as she kicked off the ground and was running as she went she pulled a bit of Webbing to set everything into motion, and soon Kunai and Shuriken where flying at her as she ran towards the boulder, she was deftly dodging between them, taking hops backwards and rolling forwards to dodge them, and as she went it was obvious that she had set it up so that she couldn't tell exactly where or when another projectile was coming at her, showing how often she must have used this to be able to manage such a thing, she then got to the boulder as it swung down at her  and she had to still dodge Projectiles before solidifying her stance and taking the onrushing boulder strike and..... not moving an inch despite the size and weight of the thing even the added weights. But after the strike she didn't have time to stop and she kicked off the boulder sending it flying back, the webbing on it stopping it from flying away, and she had to dodge more projectiles, as she attempted to remain in the same spot or as close to it as possible, before the Boulder came back and she took the strike once more, and once more she didn't have long to kick the boulder away and resume her dodging.

The whole thing was... fast... and the Moth girl didn't seem to be tiring, after a third strike she kicked off the ground and flipped over the boulder having to use her wings to further dodge more projectiles that she had aimed above the boulder for just this moment, before landing and rushing towards the heavy weighted Practice dummies, by this point the hail of projectiles had slowed but where more random now, and she was still dodging.

As she got to the Dummies she started to pummel one, knocking it to the ground and mounting it and beating it for a few moments with rapid strikes before rolling and placing it above her to use as a shield against a few projectiles, then she tossed it aside and kicked the next Training dummy into the air and she followed it, using her wings to maneuver around and dodge more projectiles as she landed strike after strike on the airborne training dummy, before ending it with a hard Axe Drop kick to send it into the ground hard, finally she landed, her run through her training gauntlet done and she turned to see how Skelmar was fairing in the course, which would mirror her own, though it would be with a time delay to let Skelmar get an Idea of what he needed to do.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime27th December 2021, 5:24 pm

Skelmar smiled at her enthusiasm as she started to set up a second slightly delayed run for him, granted he originally thought she meant a literal run but it seemed he was not in for a training set that she concocted her self. When she shouted out 'GO' he delayed slightly before following after and was able to see the movements she was preforming however, he had some other thoughts in mind for his training.

While rushing forward he noticed the incoming kunai and shuriken which he deftly continued to run straight toward the first set of boulders only throwing a kunai to deflect the ones he knew would hit him without dodging. It was a simple yet effective maneuver that allowed him to continue at top speed before arriving to the boulders which he decided not to dodge but instead use his tribes fighting style to completely stop the two boulders in their tracks.

All he did was twist his body about to slide while remaining grounded before bringing both hands up in a slight ark which caused two thick diamond beams to erupt from the ground at an angle before curving up which slammed into the two boulders preventing them from harming Skelmar. With his display done he continued with the course, meanwhile the diamond beams slowly faded back into the earth, next up was the second kunai and shuriken range and with three methods of avoiding the weapons he would have a relatively easy time dealing with it. As the weapons came flying in his direction he simply used a series of side steps, counter throws with his kunai and a mix of his tribe's style to occasionally bring up a beam to block incoming kunai or shuriken.

However, while dealing with the throwing weapons he noticed that the second boulder set was already barreling towards him as the kunai and shuriken temporarily eased up which he decided his best course would be his tribe's style. By the end of the quick movement Skelmar has curved his body in a r like formation with both fists out in a double u punch. This would bring up a diamond beam curving on the outer side of his body and extending past his fists to launch the boulder backwards before he continued to avoid the projectiles coming towards him. The next time the boulder would come back he decided it was best to launch the boulder up and stop it with his tribe style as well before moving onto the training dummies. As the boulder came back he preform what looked like a grounded dragon punch causing a thick diamond beam to shove the boulder up stopping it in its tracks before he moved on towards the training dummies dodging the projectiles on his way.

With the training Dummies Skelmar mirrored the moth girls moves, however stayed on the ground considering his lack of wings but in place of wings he used his tail for the extra mobility and attack it provided before sliding to a stop next to the girl. "Well then that was something." Skelmar laughed out as he took a breath before stretching his body out. "You definitely will have a lot to work and focus on when you add the new projectiles into the mix." he chimed out before patting her on the shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime30th December 2021, 12:20 am

Mika Watched Skelmar go through the route and how he dealt with things as opposed to how she did, it was interesting, and it was adding to her Ideas of what to add, perhaps some ground traps as well to simulate what Skelmar was doing to make those pillars, likely there were others that had some ability like that, and having some form of analog to it so she could learn how to deal with it, or at least dodging it, that would increase her training regime quite a lot more but it would be needed to push herself to improve.

Then once he was through he seemed somewhat out of breath, while Mika herself was seemingly fine, and she looked a bit confused at him needing to take a breath. As he placed his hand on her shoulder and made his comment on extra projectiles and she nodded "Well I have to work hard to make sure I am doing well and keeping up" she said with a smile and chuckled a bit though she tilted her head to the side and her antenna twitched as she looked at him.

"You seem a bit winded? But I guess that makes sense.. you probably have already finished your training for the day so your not ready for more.. Sorry sometimes I forget people train harder them me!" she giggled in embarrassment before continuing "I usually run this a few times before I go for a job with training weights, and end with some physical training... you still up for going through it all? I mean... I know it will likely be boring for you to see but it's my daily routine"  she said smiling.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime30th December 2021, 5:23 pm

With a soft laugh Skelmar replied to her comment about being winded "No, i haven't done any training today, and give me a moment and I'll be fine my Tribe's style takes more of my stamina than normal Taijutsu does which is why I decided on using it here because it was a good opportunity for me to get use to it. The strain of it isn't too bad but it felt like I had gone through four or five times on this training course of your's." Even though he was taught the tribe style he never really had a chance to use it. "Don't worry you're doing a fantastic job in training, keep up the hard work and you'll be top of the class."

"Lets get this going, I should be good to continue besides I did say id like to see what sort of training you do anyways." with a quick couple stretches Skelmar readied himself up for what the smol moth had instore.

Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime30th December 2021, 8:37 pm

Mika nodded a bit, that made sense, she was sure a new style she wasn't used to being used in a course like that might tire her out too, though why would he use something he wasn't to use to using? Maybe it helped the training of it? Ether way as she let him take his breather she headed back to the Boulders and took the weights off them and deconstructed the whole set up for now, after all she had run it a few times already before meeting Skelmar, and he seemed to want to see what else she did. so she rushed off to put the extra weapons and the like away then cam back with two full sets of weights for herself, and two for Skelmar, "I don't know how much you weigh, so I guessed... These weights should be around double your weight so it will be like carrying two of yourself around as we do a few laps around the Academy" she said as she put her own weights on.

She stretched a bit as she gave him a bit more time to breath and to get the weights settled on her own body better, before she looked over and smiled "Alright lets go" she said in a cheery tone as she started to jog at a rapid pace even with all that additional weight added to her small Frame, she seemed more then able to go faster but was apparently doing a slow ramp up, this was because she new better then to just break into a dead sprint when your goal is Cardio.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Smol Moth Pondering Training   A Smol Moth Pondering Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Smol Moth Pondering Training
Page 1 of 1