Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Training File: A One on One

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade

Blade

Training File: A One on One Empty
PostSubject: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime3rd October 2019, 3:27 pm

The soft mutterings of calculations and ideas sounded around the training yard as Seiko diligently cleaned up the area for herself. Touches to the earth reformed craters with ease and she hefted and moved the larger pieces of stone that had broken out. Some people just did not know how to clean up after their combats and it was bothering her. Did they not understand that other people had to use these spaces as well? Brutes and savages the lot of them.

She finally stopped her cleaning and moved over to one of the larger pieces of rock that she had moved, dusting it off and sitting down on it, one leg over the other, adjusting her skirt to keep herself prim and proper. A few flicks of her hands sent the dust off of her clothing and she sat up, staring straight ahead and then paused. A small adjustment of her glasses and she was ready, a smile on her face. She was three minutes early, even after cleaning, quite perfect. Now she just had to wait for her sensei, she had sent an invite the previous day in order to get some tutelage and ask some questions. Admittedly, it had been sent to the Instructors headquarters rather than Chandra, as the strange cat-woman irked her slightly, but she would be happy with any Instructor coming to aid her.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime3rd October 2019, 5:33 pm

"Hello Darling! I'm the instructor that got your training request you can call me Clio-sensei" Clio said as she descended from the sky before landing with a florish and making a heart symbol with her hands. "So darling, whatever is it that you wish some assistance with?" she said calming down a little bit but flashing a blinding smile towards Seiko as she expected the prim and proper girl to probably answer her robotically as she had heard from her fellow Jonin Instructor about this particular genin. Still she was interested in seeing how she was in a one on one setting with someone as fabulous as herself. Would it put her on edge or would she cooly act as if everything was normal. Truly the possibilities were endless and that was why she just had to have the opportunity to meet her, she was very much interested in seeing what type of person she was.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime3rd October 2019, 6:33 pm

If Seiko had been a normal girl, there might have been a small amount of creeping dread and fear at the idea of dealing with someone as bombastic as this. Seiko however had long given up on fear. Instead, she just quirked an eyebrow and rose to her feet. She gave a quick curtsy in deference to the sensei's rank and then folded her hands in front of her before speaking. "Greetings, Clio. I am Seiko Rikigaku." Her words were clipped, sharp but her voice was far from robotic, there was an easy confidence to the way she spoke. "I asked for assistance as I have several ideas I have been considering but have been left with certain flaws in their design that I was looking for some input in order to deal with. Talking to one that is more experienced than myself is of course, the logical first place to start." There was a certain relish to which she said 'logical', it was one of her favourite words after all.

"To begin. Golems." She snapped her fingers, summoning one of the creations, this one a Hexa Golem specifically with a knightly visor and a long flowing ribbon fluttering from the back of its helmet. It was obvious however it had no Drive and no Cores as it was quite small, only around Seiko's height. "I have been looking into Golems and have indeed crafted my own variant on their Element Drive. However, I have been considering the chassis itself." She snapped her fingers again and the Golem stood up tall, Seiko immediately started to walk around it, humming. "I was thinking that I could craft unique chassis and perhaps more intricately link them with their Element Drives. This would make the Drive impossible to remove but the current chakratic pathways are designed to be modular and weaker as a result of that." She turned to Clio and crossed her arms over her chest. "The addition of permanent pathways would increase the amount of raw power taken from the Drive and perhaps grant the chassis additional abilities aside from those of the materials its made from. At least, that's what I theorise. Your thoughts?"
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime3rd October 2019, 9:23 pm

Clio nodded along her smile fading as she got a contemplative look on her face as she thought to herself about what this genin was telling her. She seemed like she was one of those genius types just like she assumed and was spouting concepts that she had onpy heard off in stuff books that those older jonin had suggested to her. She much preferred things with a bit more hip and flair and honestly felt in this moment that she should probably keep nodding and everything would probably work out for the best. "Indeed Darling I do believe that such reasoning is correct, very well carry on let's see the result of your hypothesis." she said with a nice pose with her hand up and the other snapping in front of her in time with a wink being sent toward Seiko. It was important in times like this to well fake it till you made it and Clio was a master at faking it was sort of her thing to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime3rd October 2019, 10:08 pm

The young girl paused for a moment, staring at Clio before she simply nodded once. It would appear that Clio hadn't been listening at all. "Well... Unfortunately it will take me some time to craft the new chassis as I'd need to do it by hand rather than with the digital template that the Rikigaku archives hold. However, now that I have that thought project squared away I can move to others." She shut down her Golem once more and returned it to storage with a wave of her hand. "Due to my mother, I have learned of a type of fighting known as Burst combat. It revolves around as much force as possible in as short a space as possible, keeping fights and thus casualties to a minimum. I have thus decided to apply this to my own reactive capabilities as I have realised that such, as well as my speed, are sub-par compared to others which simply cannot stand." She said as though it was some great calamity, something that must be fixed as soon as possible.

"So I have formulated a way to sequester away chakra within my muscles to react to my body's innate danger sense. Thus I will need you to attack me. The highest speed available to a Genin should suffice but I imagine going slightly higher will be possible with the ability I am planning." With that she focused and spread her chakra throughout her body, a rather large portion of it as it happened and it tired her but she didn't let it show as she crouched slightly, arms up, waiting for Clio's attack.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime5th October 2019, 10:16 am

Clio would nod once again before lunging forward at C rank speeds with a flying kick which was aimed at Seiko's forehead. She did said genin level speeds after all so she restricted herself to such a standard. After all normal genin were comfortable engaging others at this speed so she figured it was what Seiko was talking about. Still if she needed to go faster then she would just try again tgis time at B rank speed and if that wasn't enough then she would do it at A rank speed. But for now she would just wait to see if her strike connected and would strike a pose instead of attacking again right away. This tine the pose with be both of her arms crossed behind her head with her body slightly coiled to the left. That was a pose that just oozed sex appeal and was a wonderful pose to use after a flying kick.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime16th October 2019, 5:26 pm

The kick coming in was faster than Seiko was normally capable of moving but she pushed off the ground with her strength instead of her speed, pushing her to the side. She landed and skidded before the second strike came. She wanted to showcase a proper version of her reactions and so she forced her body to move even harder, she could feel micro-tears in her muscles as she done this but the enhanced combination of both strength and speed allowed her to dash to the side again and down into a crouch before the last one came. This one finally was fast enough to force her to activate the chakra in her muscles.

As the energy surged through her she saw the kick coming and moved ever so slightly, using her normal speed and pushed it lightly aside so that Clio flew past her rather than fully landing the kick. She then stood up straight and dusted herself down before nodding. "That last one was the usage of my Reaction Burst. The others were natural abilities of mine to dodge, the last was too fast for that. Thank you. Your thoughts?" She said, holding a hand out for a moment as a signal to let Clio speak.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime27th October 2019, 11:41 am

Clio would watch as her temporary student had mamahed to dodge her attacks while it was expected for any genin worth their salt to be able to dodge something at her initial speed it was rarer for them to do so to her first follow-up. As for her second follow-up she noticed the advantage that technique had given the girl as otherwise it was rare for a genin to have the ability to avoid being hit by jonin level speeds. "Interesting darling, I can see that you already have good instincts and a body that can move fast enough to cope with your bolstered senses. Initially I figured that would be the weakness of this technique of yours but thankfully I was proven wrong. I don't have another comment other than you making sure that even with such a technique to keep up your conditioning. she said with a thumbs up and blinding smile so as to show her approval.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime28th October 2019, 3:50 pm

"I need to improve on my conditioning, to be quite honest. My physical abilities have fallen behind my mental ones. A great mind is useless if the body is ruined in this day and age. Thankfully my mother has been teaching me her combat style, even if the names... Rankle somewhat." Seiko sighed and gave a shrug, adjusting her glasses slightly before crossing one arm across her chest and motioning with the right. "My other thought will be a nice extension of both mind and body. You see, I was born mechanical in nature, or so my father explained to me. This includes my mind and I have already started to work on this, isolating sections of it and destroying them in order to increase facilities elsewhere. My first attempt at this was... Jarring, to say the least. It took some reading and talking with others before I had realised what I had done." She put her free hand to her chin. "I had deleted the emotion of Fear. I cannot feel it but equally I cannot understand it anymore. I know that people feel it, I know what the concept is, however I cannot seem to think what causes it or how to take advantage of it. Before I continue, do you believe that doing such things are harmful to me in the long run? I have already considered removing other emotions although I would rather wait until I can fully isolate them."

After a few moments of staring at the ground, jaw seemingly locked, she spoke again. "I am considering removing Love. It is dangerous. It leaves opening, it allows for easily exploitable weaknesses. What do you think of love, Sensei?"
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime30th October 2019, 2:18 pm

Clio would frown at what this particular grnin had saod as no wonder she seemed to robotic she was messing around and givijg herself emotional lobotomies. "I would not advise that at all darling, removing or even messing around with your emotions is not something you should be getting into at your age especially important ones like love. Sure it can seem like a weakness but it is also a strength, it can allow you to break through your limitations amd foster bonds with your fellow comrades and most importantly it won't make you a slave to Apathy. Apathetic individuals always end up alone or worse just apart of some meaningless collective of like minded individuals, you are a bright kid but even if you don't think my advice applies to you leave Love alone. It would be better if you targetted Sadness, Surprise or Disgust instead. she said in an uncharacteristically serious voice, indeed even her smile was absent.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime4th November 2019, 3:07 pm

Seiko was silent for a fair amount of time, one hand on her chin as she thought about what Clio said. When she spoke, her tone was inquisitive, eager to learn. "I am confident, it is true, but I am not stubborn. I know that there are limits to what I know and can learn at this age and with my experience. So what I am asking you is not out of refusing your words and ignoring your idea but out of genuine curiosity. Why would I need love to break limits and make friends? Surely those same limits could be broken through physical expertise and innovation or through the application of another emotion? One does not need to love to make friends, shared interests, usefulness to one another, worrying for their well-being, surely that is what makes a friend? I don't feel any of them are related to love. I ask this because I am not sure I have ever truly felt love in my life. Not even towards my parent or my cousin. I acknowledge their relation to me, I know that I would defend them but I feel that is out of obligation, not that I am opposed to such. Is love something that will come to me later? Or am I simply emotionally stunted in that department?" She didn't seem worried about what she was saying, if she had an issue she knew that she would be able to fix it one day. She was going to be one of the brightest Shinobi minds in generations, of course she would be able to fix anything wrong with her. She wanted to know however if there was an underlying problem she'd need to correct first.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime21st November 2019, 11:14 am

Clio was silent for a long while as she thought about how best to sum up what she had meant and relate it to the concerns of this young genin. She knew that some people were a little off and she knew of the rare types of people who were natural followers of apathy perhaps this girl was one of them and that was why she was so at ease with getting rid of her emotions. But this wasn't something she could make a snap decision on she would have to get more input perhaps from her family so she could see the full picture and then confirm whether or not the girl was a sociopath. "I see, well darling I hope that is just because you are young and haven't found sokething to truly care for. Either way perhaps we should drop this point and maybe you can hold off on removing that emotion for the time being at least give it more time to see of how you feel changes. Then again I am not your guardian or your assigned squad leader to ultimately I can't tell you exactly what to do beyond an official order and that really isn't my style..
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime15th January 2020, 8:21 am

"Perhaps, Clio-Sensei, you are right in that respect. However... I find myself worried about that prospect. I'm sure it would be Fear if I could ever feel that emotion again. I constantly find myself thinking of betrayal and I find myself subconsciously preparing for it at all moments. Ideas run through my head on how to deal with the fallout of anyone I know turning against me. Even now I think on what I'd do if you decided to try and remove me at this moment. My chances of survival are low but I feel that I might be able to escape." Despite her words her tone was level and calm, her eyes gazing levelly towards Clio. "I'll listen to your instructions for now however, Sensei. I trust in your judgement. Anyway, moving on to the combat technique I was planning on performing."

She started to pace this time, immediately falling back into the calm of her own mental processes, letting the logic wash over her. "My... Unique mental state allows me to easily disassemble and reassemble my mental processes, including my memory. I've had many ideas for defenses but they are half formed and not worth considering at the moment. One idea I am expanding on however is the idea of disconnecting a piece of my mind and sending it through the Command Link to the Golems that I am controlling. This is unlikely to be pleasant to me but it should enable me to grant my own techniques to my Golems. Additionally it would easily lead to advancements such as borrowing power or senses from the Golems as well. Do you know of anyone who has done similar that I could read up on or do you have any ideas of your own to add to it?"
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime19th January 2020, 11:45 am

Clio was glad that the genin had decided to drop the idea of binding her emotions for now and was trying to focus at something else instead. It really wouldn't do for her to maim herself knowingly or unknowingly and instead she would listen to what the bright young genin said before deciding to speak. "I'm not familiar with that sort of thing as I don't have many Rikigaku acquaintances much less friends and the ones I do know are not the type that you are unfortunately. However that does remind me of a kugujutsu technique which allows you to use your senses through puppets particularly of the fHuman variety. Perhaps if I grant you a pass you can look up some notes on human puppetry in your village library but other than that I'm afraid I can not help you. It does seem like quite the novel idea just be wary of any feedback loops that could arise from someone targetting your fragmented mind with a genjutsu chain. she said this time her smile being somewhat subdued as she was slightly upset she couldn't be of more help.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime29th February 2020, 8:32 pm

At the mention of additional, somewhat prohibited, information, Seiko's eyes immediately lit up. For the first time since the start of the 'training' session, she actually looked like a young girl. She moved over to Clio and gave her a smile. "You would give me access to some of the prohibited information sections in the library? That would be a fantastic help! There's been a lot about puppetry that I haven't been able to access properly, my Golems are different from puppets and use aspects from people to empower them properly. So being able to access Human Puppetry information would allow me to understand the connections between puppeteer and puppet, how the body reacts to the puppetry and how each part is controlled and manipulated. I could use that to create new Core types for my Golems as I learn more." She stroked her chin and nodded a few times.

"If you could quickly write out that permission note for me, I will leave you for today and return when I have learned more. The chunin exams are soon, so it's likely I will have ranked up by the next time you see me, how exciting!" She put her hands behind her back, rocking on her heels as she waited for permission. Already her mind was away from here, thinking over ideas and plans and how everything connects together just... Perfectly.

[After Permission Given, Exit]

Technique Learned:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training File: A One on One   Training File: A One on One Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Training File: A One on One
Page 1 of 1