Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Empty
PostSubject: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime30th January 2016, 7:12 am

Xan was in the training fields having scoured the village searching for one he could shape akin to how he did Hiro. Though this one would not be his heir, but rather his true apprentice a rival to push his heir to higher heights while their dynamic shall allow them both to reach their potential. So far he had only seen one who had impressed him, a vampire by the name Zaku Hotumi. A samurai, one who could he could directly pass his swordsmanship to rather than training a successor he would remake Zaku in his image, removing the flaws which he had painstakingly fixed throughout his years of life and undeath. He had left a notice for him to meet him here, in the training grounds a kunai embedded into his door with a scroll signed by his mark.

To make sure it was clear he had used his influence to inform the boy's mother of his claim over her child, being who he was she could not refuse as whether he had gotten her approval or not Zaku would be his student. A student that would eventually rise to become his apprentice when his current apprentice became his heir. And so he would wait for the boy to arrive so he could test him, and see where he was at before guiding him towards his true potential.
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime30th January 2016, 12:12 pm

Zaku was on his way to the training grounds where he was supposed to be meeting up with his new mentor. His name was Xan Ibwa, well, according to the note he left on Zaku's door anyway. He had no idea what the man looked like though, so he didn't even know how he was going to point him out at the training grounds. The boy hoped there wasn't too much people there, so he wouldn't have to go around asking everyone if they were Xan Ibwa. It was weird when he left because he told his mom where he was going and who he was meeting up with and she already seemed to know. He must've talked to his mom before leaving the note or something. Zaku walked down the road wearing his casual outfit as usual. He brought along his katana which was being held on his back. A few days ago Zaku met some girl named Liah. He thought she was super funny so he brought her over to his house and gave her some food since she was starving. She promised to be someone to train with and take on missions, so he thought her to be pretty useful.

Soon Zaku reached the training grounds, and of course it had a good number of people on it, so finding his new mentor would be a pain. The pink haired boy stopped walking and put one of his hands on his hips before looking around with his red eyes, Where can this guy be?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime30th January 2016, 1:19 pm

Xan would notice the boy from a distance, before deciding to whistle to get his attention, doing so would no doubt cause most to turn to look at him but he would ignore them instead staring at Zaku from about forty or so feet away from the main gate. When the boy approached he would study him, the right build, and a katana but that didn't mean he had chosen a style yet there was still time to properly teach him Kenjutsu rather than the general styles other samurai picked up. He had no disrespect for the standard styles though, they were solid traditional styles which built the backbone of the advanced styles but not many new about the more archaic ones that Xan had the pleasure of unearthing in his family library. The Isley family was devoted to Kenjutsu and upon marrying into the Ibwa one could say Xan's devotion to Kenjutsu was on par to his devotion to Carmen, only below that of Jashin-sama in the grand scheme of things.

"Zaku Hotumi, I am Xan Ibwa. Most know me as the Bloody Ruler one of the 5 God's of Pandora but you will know me as Sensei. With my teaching you will reach the pinnacle of swordsmanship and know true power. All you have to do is trust me and do everything I ask without hesitation. Everything that I will do is to benefit you whether now or in the long run, as for my motivations for doing such, I felt the need to pass on my knowledge to the next generation." Xan would speak only once the boy got close enough and upon speaking would wait for a response. He didn't word this as a request because it wasn't one, whether Zaku wanted to or not, he would be his student and that was the end of it. If he wanted to refuse then he could fight for it and if he managed to kill Xan then he could be free of his mentorship. Which would be exactly the terms Xan would inform him of if he did end up refusing.
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime30th January 2016, 5:04 pm

As Zaku looked around he heard a sharp sound that sounded like a whistle come from up ahead. His red eyes flicked to the direction of where the sound was coming from. He spotted a man that had some swords with him, he assumed the man was trying to get his attention. Zaku's eyebrow's frowned a little bit, he didn't like the fact that he was getting whistled at like a dog, it would have been just as easy to call out his name or something like that. Zaku walked towards the man, he decided he was going to inform the guy that he shouldn't whistle at him like that anymore, but before he had a chance the man spoke, revealing himself as his new mentor, Xan Iwa, who was to be called Sensei. His frustration slipped away when the man started talking about true power and all of that, let's just say it spiked his interest. When the man was done talking Zaku looked the man up and down with his red eyes. He looked pretty strong, but was he really a God of Pandora? "Hmph. So you're a God of Pandora huh? You must be really strong, I should call myself lucky to be training under you. You are also lucky though, because you will get all the credit when I turn out to be one of the strongest in Pandora." There he went, being all cocky again, was he really talking to one of the leaders of Pandora like that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime30th January 2016, 6:50 pm

Xan would make no other expression other than his frown deepening ever so slightly before he turned making a motion with his left hand for Zaku to come along. He didn't like to train in the open areas, and while he could simply make everyone else leave as such was his influence there was no point in doing so when he had already picked out a secluded spot to gauge Zaku's potential. "But for now, I am unfortunate as you are a weakling. Though you may be the more unfortunate one seeing as to get you strong you will have to undergo all of my training. Fortunately, you are a vampire your kind doesn't break easily and when you do eventually you regenerate if it isn't lethal. So I will push you to your breaking point and if you shatter a few time in the process I'll just wait for you to piece yourself back together." he would speak as they walked eventually they would reach an empty clearing surrounded by multiple boulders.

So tell me student, what can you do now. Have you chosen a Samurai Style, unlikely as I can see that although you wield a sword you do so unskillfully. Your muscle tone can tell me that much. Your sword, what is the element, and what can it do.
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime5th February 2016, 12:57 am

Zaku would follow the man when he was gestured to do so. This guy was a little different from everyone else he met before. Almost everyone in Pandora was different though, they all only cared about themselves. This guy actually wanted to share knowledge though, with a little thought it made some sense since he was a God of Pandora, he just wanted to have the next generation strong, it was still odd though. Zaku listened as Xan spoke about being broken from the training, causing him to laugh a little, "We'll see how many times I shatter..." Zaku didn't believe that it would happen, it never happened before after all. Soon they reached an empty area that only had boulders around. The vampire looked towards his new teacher when he was questioned. "Yeah, I don't really know anything yet. I haven't started training with it yet, but I do know it has heat release, and it helps me learn different styles faster." Zaku said this with his arms swaying by his side, he was getting kind of bored.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime7th February 2016, 1:53 pm

Xan would nod to himself the boy confirmed his deductions though his sword was interesting, one that was a learning tool rather than an offensive weapon, he had merely been looking for a rival but might have stumbled upon another diamond in the rough. "I see, very well, you already have a katana, from now on I want you two swing it 100 times every day, every week you will double this amount until it becomes second nature to preform the kata that I am about to show you." Xan would shift into the Iaido position and then draw his blade before slashing up diagonally then twisting the blade and sheathing it in one motion, he would then draw it again this time swinging vertically upward only to once again sheath and then draw it one last time to swing horizontally straightening up once Basilisk was safely tucked into it's sheath.

"That was one, three basic slashes using Iaido; Diagonal, Vertical, Horizontal in that order. You do not need to preform them fast, only smoothly if you are unable to draw and sheath in one smooth motion it is a failure and does not count. Do not think you can skip this exercise, I will be keeping track of you and I do not need sleep as I am already dead. If you do not complete the exercises, punishment will be most unpleasant. But it will build up your arm strength and train your muscle memory." Xan said pausing to see Zaku's reaction before continuing. "If you are capable of learning new styles then I shall instruct you on Iaido, something that a normal samurai would be unable to learn. Until you grasp that I will be instructing you in the Isley family movement technique, Shunpo as well as a secondary sword style capable of being learnt by anyone so no need to use your sword as a crutch for this. It is called Batto, Iaido is it's spiritual successor, whereas Iaido is counter-offensive, Batto is a purely offensive style even though they both revolve around intercepting movement and hand seals their are slight differences." he said turning before stumbling and then utilizing Shunpo to dash forward at bullet release speeds.

"That was Shunpo, as you are falling you infuse life-force into your legs bolstering your speed with a combination of the falling speed from gravity and life-force augmentation thus resulting in an enhanced boost in movement speed." Xan would follow up with a slash just as he came out of Shunpo twisting the blade before unsheathing it and leaving it drawn deliberately preforming it slow so that if Zaku was paying attention he could see it and potentially replicate what he did. "That was Batto, you have to grip your blade twisting it while you draw so it comes out a bit faster than usual then using your secondary hand to guide it bolstering it's power for one powerful slash. Not only do you start the battle with Batto but it is a fighting style also meant to end the conflict before it truly begins, it is also one which benefits from a two handed grip rather than a one handed one. Swinging a sword with one hand or dual wielding is wasteful, flashy and not practical unless you have the natural skill to offset it's disadvantages, I can see that you do not have a damaged network thus trying to teach you how to dual wield would be a waste of both of our times, instead I will instruct you on two handed grips and techniques utilizing only one sword"

Attempting to Teach:
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime7th February 2016, 4:00 pm

The man then told Zaku that the boy would have to swing his sword 100 times a day and that the number will double every week until it became second nature. The pink haired vampire nodded his head with a smirk before saying, "Is that all? I can do that easily." He didn't think it would be too hard to do that, he found it to be pretty simple. His red eyes watched his new teacher draw his blade 3 times, slashing in different directions. The boy was then told that those were the swings he was suppose to practice. If there is 3 swing types and I have to do 100 swings then I will do each one 33 times, with an extra diagonal. He was just thinking to himself how he was going to practice. Xan then told him that he better not try to get out of the exercise because he will be watched. This caused Zaku to laugh a little bit, "I'm not going to try to get out of it, but does that mean you will be following me around, watching my every move? Don't you have other stuff to do then train me?"

Zaku noted everything the man was saying about Batto, well some of it went in one ear and out the other, well most of it anyways. The part he did hear though was that Batto was offensive, which meant he would be attacking, which is fun. "So you have to learn Batto before laido then?" He assumed this since he was going to learn Batto first. Zaku watched as Xan displayed Shunpo. It was cool to Zaku cause it looked like he was off balance, but then he moved quickly without falling. After the explanation of Shunpo, Zaku couldn't help but be excited to learn that type of movement. His lesson for the day wasn't over though it seemed, as Xan preformed preformed Batto. It looked cool, pretty much just cutting the target while drawing the sword at the same time, something Zaku thought he could do. After Xan's explanation and telling him that he would be learning two handed techniques, Zaku looked at Xan with excitement in his red eyes, "So do I get to try it now?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime7th February 2016, 7:20 pm

"You might be thinking the three slashes are three separate ones but no, they are in fact 1 kata. In total you will be swinging 300 Times, unless you are smarter than you look and perfectly understood my instructions." Xan thought to himself with a frown at Zaku's quick reply, though it wasn't really upsetting in the least Xan's face was just naturally frowning. "Not necessarily. You can learn Iaido without ever touching on the principles of Batto most do so, Cypher in particular. Batto is an ancient version of Iaido and thus it has been phased out of use by the more modern Iaido, it is primarily because Batto utilizes an Iaito a practice blade which can be shaped like an Uchigatana, Wakizashi or Katana and was more flexible and open to interpretation than Iaido which only utilizes the Uchigatana due to it being far easier to draw." he said before making a motion with his hand essentially telling Zaku without words that he could proceed.

"Go ahead. Batto is better as an add-on to a fighting style rather than a primary one, it is easier to pick up, but is inherently incomplete. The reason I will teach it to you is because you are a beginner and it can result in a powerful combination fighting style in the long run." He would stare at Zaku for a moment before his frown deepened. "You are a Daywalker aren't you tell me have you attempted to obtain one of the more refined curse seals in the Vampire line? If you are interested one of the members of my Order Ivanna is a Vampire Lord in charge of a Coven, she can point you in the right direction to transcending the limits of a mere Daywalker into becoming an Elder Dhamphir. Perhaps we can solve your chakra problem yet."
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime11th February 2016, 2:48 am

His new Sensei said he could give it a go so Zaku got in a stance and then put his hands on the hilt of the sword, twisting it just a bit while he pulled it out, slashing at the air as he moved forward. It was no where near the level that it should be, but he at least got the principles of it down, which was good. After attempting the technique he sheathed the katana and faced Xan with a confused face, "Refined Curse Seals? What are you talking about?" Then Xan said something about fixing Zaku's chakra problem, offending Zaku, "Chakra problem? What chakra problem? When did I have a chakra problem?" Now instead of confusion it was anger that was on Zaku's face. He had no clue what the guy was talking about. He thought his chakra was fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime11th February 2016, 2:41 pm

Xan would raise an eyebrow at the boy's indignation he was merely noticing that the fact that he had chakra dulled his senses and thus his physical training wouldn't be at the peak that he typically required for his students. He had learned the lesson of teaching those ith functional chakra systems they tended to drift, not dedicate themselves to the sword enough. Still the boy was of a race that could still put him on the right path. "No need to panic. You are a vampire correct, think of it being the starter race, then you have Daywalker as an add on. Most do not realize it but that choice opens up one while denies another. The truly powerful of your species differ from the common vampire. One is the Vampire Lord, only available to those who never picked the Daywalker add on their bodies strengthened and their blood corrupted on a level identical to Acolytes. Then you have those who chose to be Daywalkers who can become Elder Dhamphirs, versatile but more importantly they are able to sacrifice their chakra reserves with a system replace to be able to fill said reserves with blood. In exchange they gain Sanguine Arts the ability to harness their life-force in ways comparable to the use of chakra. Stronger of course, the only drawback is that you become like a True All Taijutsu user, devoid of chakra and it's benefits. But really, what little benefits chakra gives you is offset by the raw power the Elder Dhamphir possesses and with a blood supply that is capable of surpassing Vanir the trade is well worth it. Xan said dismissing Zaku's concerns as they were trival, not only would he be able to use his Sanguine Arts to still harness his elements but he would lose the annoyances which prevented him from gaining Muscle Tension. It was fortuitous that Xan discovered him at such a low skill level, the transision would be seemless if he had waited until Bronze then the most he could of hoped for was a pseudo true all taijutsu user, which was useless to his future plans. Sure he would of preferred if he wasn't a daywalker as both had access to purging their reserves and black blood would have made him a more more viable threat against the outside world but Dhamphirs could at least walk in the sunlight without burning.
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime12th February 2016, 3:51 pm

Zaku nodded his head, listening to Xan explain the different kinds of vampires there were. He was a Daywalker, which he already knew which meant he wouldn't be fried to a crisp by stepping out into the sunlight. He didn't know that there was an upgraded form of the Daywalker though. At first he thought Xander was saying there was something wrong with his chakra system, now he knew that he was just saying that he could replace it with something stronger. That was all Zaku had to hear, "Oh so I'll be getting a different system that makes me stronger? I'm down for that. We can go meet that woman you were talking about meeting anytime if it will help me get new strength. But wait if I don't have chakra I won't be able to use the Heat Release nature my katana has...." Zaku didn't know if he wanted to be an Elder Dhamphir anymore. He was looking forward to melting people that came in contact with his weapon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime13th February 2016, 12:42 pm

"That is what the Sanguine Arts are for. They are the Vampire version of Magic, making use of what they have in ample supply rather than rely on another curse seal to grant it to them." Xan said mulling a bit deciding to wait until he had made the change before doing what he originally planned to forcibly heighten Zaku's perception. He needed an edge after all, something that would set him apart from every other samurai within the world other than his swordsmanship. He was but a samurai, not blessed with the innate perception and reflexes of a Cypher like Xan or the ocular prowess of Hiro. To that end he was still missing something but no matter through pain and bloodshed he would gain power. He would stare at the boy no doubt expecting him to practice once more as he wanted to make sure Zaku got the techniques he just taught him down perfectly otherwise what was the point.
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime17th March 2016, 11:34 pm

Zaku nodded his head, understanding Xan's further explanation. The boy smiled to himself with the thought of using magic. It seemed his new sensei already had a blueprint ready for Zaku to follow to get stronger. The vampire was slightly impressed with the knowledge his sensei had with vampires despite him not being one himself. Zaku decided he would attempt the Shunpo technique before utilizing the other technique his sensei taught him. His red eyes glared at the ground, he had a feeling he was going to fall and hit it. If he was going to preform this correctly, he was going to have to use his momentum to get speed while keeping his feet beneath him. Zaku put his feet together and then slowly leaned forward. A second or two before he hit the ground he began moving his feet while leaniing forward, causing him to move at D-rank speeds before he quickly unsheathed his sword, slashing at the air.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime18th March 2016, 11:23 am

"Good. We will train until nightfall then Ivanna will be able to meet with us, I had already arranged it in advance, your current state denies of you the true benefits of my tutelage." Xan said while waiting for his apprentice to straighten up so he could instruct him on something else. "I will expect you to practice Shunpo until it becomes as instinctual as running normally. Now then watch careful, this is the proper way to grip a sword with two hands." Xan said standing and wrapping his hands around Basilisk and drawing it slowly while holding it outward. "Your lower fingers more specifically your pinkies and ring fingers are the true strength in your grip, the upper fingers are meant for balance and the thumb is to tighten said grip. If you were to ever come in a situation where you have to lose fingers make sure they are either your index or middle. Losing the lower will weaken your grip on your katana, and a weak grip will lead to a weak swing, which will no doubt lead to your death." he would then tap Zaku on the shoulder suddenly being behind him while still demonstrating the proper way to do the two handed grip.

"That is known as Shunpo: Bushin. Those within the Tenmetsu style of samurai are capable of leaving speed clones of themselves, I adapted that technique into Shunpo making it more so an optical illusion where the opponent's brain tries to play catch-up to my movement. As you can see it is a very useful distraction, a distraction which will leave your opponent open to a finishing blow. This is the type of technique you use when you know you are faster than your opponent, the speed disparity between yourself and them is what results in the "afterimage" effect. If you wish to practice it, I suggest you preform it on children or civilians those who you know can not hope to match your speed nor will be able to eventually glean exactly what your doing. he would step away while sheathing Basilisk once more and then turn to Zaku his ever present frown fixed on his face.

"As you can see Shunpo can be added to basic things to make them more deadly, try using it with Heel Kick, or Strike of Disgrace and you will be surprised at their sudden efficiency. Now then, ready yourself, while I may not be able to truly instruct you until your body is rid of the crutch that is chakra I can train your body's natural reflexes through spars. I will restrict myself to not passing C-rank Speed. Try and keep up. Xan said while tipping over and lifting one of his legs before suddenly accelerating using Shunpo only to stop. The end result his sudden stop would be used to twist his body and thus bolster the Heel kick he was originally going to preform with Shunpo.

Trying to Teach:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime28th March 2016, 2:14 pm

Nightfall? Damn, this man doesn't play around when it comes to training. Good, looks like I got the perfect teacher to train me. Zaku knew that the training wasn't going to be easy, he almost expected for it to be as hard as training all day. Zaku listened to Xan when he said that some girl named Ivanna was supposedly meeting up with them. It looked like Zaku didn't even have a choice if he wanted to keep his chakra system or not, causing him to squint his eyes at Xan for even asking if he wanted to get rid of it or not. Zaku stood up and sheathed his sword. Zaku scratched his head, messing up his pink hair as he listened to Xan about how to grip a sword. He thought he already knew how to hold a sword, but apparently he did not. After watching Xan draw his own sword, Zaku copied him and did the same thing, holding the sword the same way as the man before him, "Yeah, yeah, the lower fingers are for a tight grip. I already knew that stuff." Zaku then felt something on his shoulder, causing him to turn his head around to see his teacher. His red eyes widened as was actually shocked, he spun around on his heel and fell to his ass from said shock, "How the hell did you....? Zaku looked from the place he saw Xan, to where Xan was currently standing. He couldn't believe what he just saw. The vampire stood up quickly and took a few steps back while listening to the words of explanation. Zaku was actually impressed with the technique that his new sensei taught him, "So you're telling me that you can even create images with Shunpo?" Zaku wanted to be able to learn that technique. He knew it was going to take a while though. First he had to master just the normal Shunpo. He was definitely going to practice that technique as soon as he got the chance. He could tell that Shunpo: Bushin would be a great technique to catch someone off guard. Next rhing Xander said was that the two would be sparring. Zaku smiled, excited for this kind of training. He loved being in the heat of the battle. The pink haired boy pulled out his katana and the next thing he knew, a heel was connecting with his chest, knocking him back very quickly, "Cugh!" Zaku hit the floor and bounced off it again as he rolled some more feet away. Damn. No one ever hit me like that before. Zaku stood up slowly. His chest hurt like hell, but he was not one to just get knocked down and run away, no, he wanted to get his hit in too. The boy stumbled forward and managed not to fall, this time managing to reach C-rank speeds. He charged forward and attempted swing his sword for Xan's midsection horizontally. A face of excitement could be seen on his face if Xan looked carefully. After the attemp at the midsection, Zaku would quickly step forward swinging again, but this time at Xan's left thigh, trying to push the man back.

Technique Training For:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime28th March 2016, 6:26 pm

Xan would see that this particular student was actually eager to fight, unlike every other one he had taken up until this point. That blood thirst will allow him to go far as long as it was properly cultivated into making him a merciless killer. Xan would watch him pick himself up and then stumble which would cause Xan run as well so as to  intercept Zaku. He would use his Iai Prediction to anticipate where Zaku was going to strike and draw Basilisk before using Iai Slicing to cut Zaku's forearm so as to dissuade him from trying to strike again. From there he would seemingly vanish as he propelled himself with Shunpo to spin before launching out his elbow utilize Shunpo: Displacement Blow at his new student's sternum  at C-rank speeds which if it connected would once again knock him flying. Xan knew that he wasn't being fair but Zaku would learn best from practical exposure to Iaido, if his sword helped him to learn faster then repeatedly being cut and hurt with Iaido would only result in Zaku picking it up quicker.

This time rather than letting Zaku recover if he was knocked back Xan would follow up by running after him and sheathing his sword only to draw it once more for another Iai Slicing this time aiming at Zaku's mid section. Shallow cuts that would quickly be healed by Zaku's latent regeneration but it was just to show he made contact over and over, which in a real battle would mean that Zaku would lose a limb or be cut more severely.

Training Topic:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime30th March 2016, 8:45 pm

It didn't look like Zaku's plan was going to work because instead of backing up, he got Xander to advance forward. Zaku's first striked was countered easily, and when he went in for the second he was cut on the wrist, he then tightened his grip so that he wouldn't drop his katana. To Zaku's red eyes it seemed like Xan disappeared before an elbow hit him in the chest, causing him to fly back. Before he even hit the ground Zaku would heath his swords at D-rank speeds and would reach back over his head so that his hands could touch the floor before he would push off with his arms, trying to execute a back handspring onto his feet. By the time he landed he would be cut on his waist, causing him to wince and grit his teeth at the same time, trying to deal with the pain. Zaku would spin in the opposite direction of the sword, using the momentum of the attack to swing his leg around at D-rank speeds, aiming at Xan's midsection. His face looked serious now, he was tired of being knocked around.

jutsu training for:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime30th March 2016, 10:18 pm

Xan would not sheathe his blade this time, instead when he saw Zaku's serious expression his frown would abate ever so slightly as he turned Basilisk and placed it against his side. When Zaku swung out a kick in retaliation instead of aiming for Xan's floating ribs he would make contact with the bladed edge of Basilisk. If he committed to the attack sure he would be able to knock Xan off his feet but at the same time he would sustain a leg wound due to kicking into a bladed weapon. Interesting so he falls back to brawling when pressed. That untamed fighting style will need to be channeled into his swordsmanship, ferocity tempered by skill can truly make for a deadly swordsman. Xan thought to himself while preparing to continue his onslaught.

If his new student had decided to kick him he would be knocked away but would capitalize on using the knockback to use Shunpo as that was the true use of the movement style. To an Isley knock-back was inconsequential at worst case it allowed them to use Shunpo and at best case it wasn't effective in the slightest and just opened up a weakness to exploit. He'd sheathe Basilisk while using Shunpo at D-rank speeds to close the gap made between them and utilize Iai Quickdraw to lash out targeting Zaku's midsection. The swing would launch out a compressed wave of air travelling at Crashing Ground speeds another shallow cut but he knew he was irritating his student, that was the point. Unlike Hiro he could afford to push him and injure him repeatedly and he would end up being forced to adapt on the spot passively learning how to fight in live combat. Pain was the best motivator for improvement and due to such lessons in pain he was sure that he would be able to raise Zaku's skill far quicker than the kid gloves he had been treating Hiro with.

Spoiler:

Training Topic:
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime31st March 2016, 9:38 pm

Zaku could tell that he wasn't going to get a hit on Xan. Not right now anyways, he still had a lot of work to do. Although he noticed he had no chance of winning, he at least wanted to make Xan move or something like that. So instead of retreating his leg for the kick, he would kick the weapon, creating a cut bigger than the ones Xan was doing to him on his shin. Zaku screamed out in pain as he watched Xan move back a little. Zaku would put his foot lightly down as he watched Xan charge back at him. Zaku would unsheathe his katana ready to counter, but once he tried to put pressure on his leg he couldn't get into the right stance, so the air crescent hit him and exploded in his midsection, knocking him back as his body slid against the ground. Zaku gritted his teeth in pain, trying to keep his screaming in. His whole upper body was banged up from the many attacks that Xan threw out at him, and now his leg had a cut in it.

Zaku pushed himself up with his arms, so now he was sitting on his butt with his hands planted behind him, holding himself up. The boy looked at Xan before looking at his leg, "I think I should get this tookin' care of." The vampire stood up slowly without putting pressure on his left leg. After standing up he picked his katana off the ground and looked at Xan with a smirk on his face. "But first you got to teach me that technique you just did." He never expected that you would be able to launch off air with a sword. Blood leaked from all the wounds the boy had sustained in his training session, but he just had to learn that technique.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime31st March 2016, 11:38 pm

Xan would cease his attacking sheathing his blade and walking up to his student his frown ever so slight and his eyes filled with an emotion other than his usual disdain. "It is called Demon Fang, something Samurai are capable of, the method is simple it is only a C-rank technique after all but the principle revolves around swinging your blade with enough force so as to displace the air around it. As subtle harnessing of the available air that we are in but seeing as it uses the air in the environment it is not possible to use underwater." Xan said before thinking about how he could explain it. "I can't tell you how to use it, it's instinctive something that a samurai will eventually understand on their own, keep practicing the kata and eventually you will learn how to preform it. Though you said your samurai sword possessed Heat correct? Perhaps you might be able to master it after all air fuels heat and Demon Fang is the type of technique that can be adapted to suit the samurai in question when they become more adept at Kenjutsu. he would look at the wound, and stretch out his hand.

"Grab on, I will take you to a medic to get fixed up. We still have much training to do." Xan said and if Zaku did grab on he would set out to go do just that. Skipping over what would be a very boring depiction of looking for a medic the two of them would eventually return about 3 hours later to the same spot, Zaku healed though his clothes still torn and Xan otherwise unruffled though now his frown was back full force. Bordeom mainly, the other was because currently there was a bat fluttering around and while that normally wasn't anything too odd since the sun had just set, Klaus was sitting in the middle of the clearing smoking. "It seems you are fortunate Zaku, she is here early."

OOC: Going for a 3 Hour Time Skip if that is okay with you.

-----

The Bat would transform into a woman who would pull out an apple and proceed to noisily eat it while sparing Xander a wave and instead staring at the boy who was accompanying him. Klaus on the other hand would offer a cigar which Xan would gladly take and the two of them would leave Ivanna to her business while they smoked. So your the little fledgling that Xan-taicho decided to teach. Heh, well I count this as my victory over Klaus, Vampires are obviously the superior race. Still your still a fledgling you had to of been turned like what a month or two ago, I bet you don't even have a coven. Oh well, what Xan-taicho wants, he gets but when I change you your part of my coven understand. If any other vampire asks you your part of the Abadeer Coven understood? Ivanna said in between bites finishing the apple quickly and tossing it behind her without a care in the world.

"Oi Kid, what do you think about smoking it's cool right?Or do you not care for smoking at all. Klaus said his enhanced hearing having heard that Ivanna would be giving the kid something and not wanting to be out done he wanted to do the same. Seeing as the boy was a blood sucker rather than a Werewolf like himself that left what he could teach fairly limited to just two things, both of which would be determined whether or not he thought smoking was cool or not.
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime2nd April 2016, 1:23 pm

Zaku watched as his Sensei approached, he couldn't tell but he thought he saw his frown lighten, nah his mind must be playing tricks on him. He was losing too much blood. Zaku listened carefully to Xan as he explained the technique. It seemed like it would be pretty good in battle and he wanted to learn it. He was a little upset when he learned that he had to learn the technique by himself. It looked like it was going to take some time to learn that technique, but he knew that it was going to be useful. Xan then said something about heat release and air working together, hich Zaku was already thinking about, "Yeah, if I could incorporate the heat release from Sonikku Netsu into the Demon Fang technique, it would be even stronger." He was really excited to start getting more powerful. He then looked at Xan's hand when it was outstretched. He was told to grab on, so that was what he did, it seemed like they were going to the hospital.

3 hours later and the pair returned, Zaku was feeling as good as new, even though his clothes had tears everywhere. He was happy that he could still train now that he was all healed. Zaku noticed the bat that was flying around and then looked at Xan when he spoke. He said that she was early? "Where is she? I don't see her." He then watched as the bat transformed into a woman. Oh yeah. I forgot that vampires could turn into bats. Despite being a vampire himself, he never learned how to transform yet. The woman would be staring at him, so he exchanged the glare for his own, watching her take a bite out of the apple. He would get a little irritated with her talking down on him, calling him a fledgling and all that, but then as a little confused about the coven thing. Zaku shrugged his shoulders impatiently, "Sure, whatever. Abadeer Coven. Can we just get this over with already?" Zaku turned his head when he heard the guy smoking with Xan call out to him. "Smoking doesn't matter to me."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime2nd April 2016, 5:05 pm

Ivannah would shrug before leaning forward and attempting to biting Zaku on his neck while pumping black blood into his system to initiate "The Change". If she was successful at biting him he would convulse and land on the ground certain traits about him changing both externally and internally while she would just walk away and wait for the now not fledgling to regain his bearing. "You'll notice a couple of things. Most predominant that your chakra is gone, but I'm sure Xan-Taicho explained that away. If you want to regain your old chakra reserves you will have to hunt for it, drain the blood and quench your new thirst that's the least expensive way of replenishing your blood supply. Of course the blood you drain isn't specific so if you have an aversion to draining people food dry you can always gain sustenance from fauna, and if your a "vegetarian" then Life-force pills are your friend." she would look towards Xan who would nod causing her to sprout wings from her back and take off into the air. "The next coven meeting is next week during the new moon sireling. Do try to attend lest I hunt you down and drink you within an inch of your life. Kidding, Kidding...or am I" she said with a laugh and soon enough she would disappear into the night.

Add to your profile (Curse Marks take from your overall technique pool not your current unless you have space for it already):

Klaus would exhale a large plume of smoke and before it dispersed he was right next to Zaku's prone form slightly crouched. "Youth of today, what a pain. Still that's a good enough answer if you had said you hated it then, well I'd be pretty offended. Here's a scroll for your troubles. One of my mates during my bandit career used to use this to cut down uppity shinobi. Lots of explosions cause smoke, just a different kind of smoke. Have fun kid." Klaus said dropping the scroll so Zaku could pick it up and bidding Xan adieu.

Scroll Contains:

Xan would would wait until they both left smoking his cigar and waiting for his new student to pick himself of the ground. Now that the nuisance was out of the way he could truly begin to teach him things. Such as how his instructions on the proper way to grip a sword two handedly would actually make a difference now that he lacked the chakra to simply grip onto a weapon and hope for the best. "When your done lying around, we can resume your training. Know that with every gift, comes a price." Xan thought to himself staring at Zaku most notably his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Kaiza

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime2nd April 2016, 9:58 pm

Zaku would freeze when his neck was bitten, the pain, oh he forgot about that pain of receiving a curse mark. He immediately fell to the floor, all his muscles contracting at the same time, "Aaaagh!" The pain was so intense he thought he was going to black out. He managed to get his hand over the spot where he was bit, trying to put pressure on it even though he knew it wasn't going to help, but he had to do something right? His red eyes glared up at the lady while he struggled in pain on the floor. She told him how he lost his chakra and that the only way to refill his reserves now were to hunt and drink the blood from something. He figured that would be difficult to do in the middle of a battle since it wasn't like his opponent would just wait for him to go get a drink. She then stated the next coven meeting was in a week, looked like something he was going to be forced to attend unless he wanted to get all his blood taken away. He held his neck in pain as she flew off.

Next was the man who was smoking with Xan earlier. He said something about youth and getting offended about something before dropping a scroll in front of Zaku. After a couple minutes, Zaku's body finally calmed down, giving him full control of his body again. The boy slowly stood up, still holding his neck with his right hand as he picked up the scroll with his left. After he picked the scroll up he tucked it away in the pouch that was attached to his belt. Zaku looked at Xan, his red eyes meeting his Sensei's, "I forgot how bad those things hurt." Honestly it was still hurting, but now he could at least function.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime3rd April 2016, 2:29 am

Xan would nod, before unsheathing his sword using Iai Slicing aiming for Hiro's eyes and sheathing it again all of this occurring at Ripping Discord. What he had done was blind the boy so that he would eventually earn the right to see again, all of this was to further his growth just like he had when he instructed Ivanna to turn him into something better. "You will find now that you no longer have chakra your body will adapt to compensate for it. Similarly losing your sight will cause your body to adapt as well, we will continue our training regardless. There was a reason I did this, and trained you today, I will leave you to your own devices to learn how to survive without one of your senses. You are fortunate I will do you the favor of taking you home." Xan would speak once the potential screaming that would arise from one having their eyes sliced along the retina would cease or at least taper off.

"Remember, to practice your Kata, and while you have potent regeneration you won't heal from this until you get much, much stronger. Nor are you allowed to get someone to heal it for you, for I will find out blind you again and kill whoever healed you. Remember when we began I asked you not to question anything I do for it's to further your growth, this is one of them. Perhaps if you train hard enough to become a Silver Knight I will gift you sight once more, till then remember the last images you saw my swordsmanship. Remember the voices you hear, myself, Ivanna, Klaus. You might consider learning braille after all that is what the scroll Klaus gave you is written in, and it is also the only way you will be able to read things for the foreseeable future." he said putting his hands in his pocket and frowning even though he knew his student could no longer see him.

"If the loss of your eyes upsets you feel free to get strong and pay me back in kind, or even kill me. Though you will fail, because right now you are weak and I am already dead. But who knows maybe the loss of your sight will motivate you further." He thought to himself while waiting patiently for his now blinded apprentices response.

Trying to Teach:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]   One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Master, One Apprentice. (Dual Training Xan & Zaku) [Closed Except to Hiro]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next