Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Empty
PostSubject: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime29th October 2014, 12:59 am

King had arrived in the area that had been allocated towards the Hokkai clan, it was mainly filled with tents which were large enough to be houses however their were buildings that were either partially constructed or fully constructed as the Hokkai Clan had begun to set up a more permanent district on the Imperial Continent. Due to the events which happened in the Land of Forsaken their had been much speculation on whether or not they would even settle down here but eventually they had met and decided that it would be better for the cubs to not move around too much so they could settle in and interact with others around their age outside of the clan. This was to ensure they were well balanced members of society and to distract them from the fact that Ibaragakure, the clan's home for almost half a millennia was destroyed it was very upsetting.

Speaking of upsetting King knew that walking into the largest building with the news he had would upset quite a few people. On his way through the grounds he had informed members of the clan that he wished to call an elders meeting just out of courtesy. This was because most of the elders simply stayed in their homes though rarely wandered the clan's budding district to talk to other members of the clan. After all the Hokkai clan was more of an extended family than a large clan especially due to the events of the war. But more importantly he had sent word for Rainer Hokkai to be notified that he was requesting a meeting of the council, an urgent situation but not life threatening. This was to ensure he showed up as King needed his backing if he was to even remain a member of the clan he didn't wish to call in old debts but his family and Rainer's had strong ties within the clan so hopefully he would be understanding if for just traditions sake rather than personal opinion.

He would walk into the doors before clearing his throat seeing that all the elders were there but he didn't see Rainer yet and thus would wait until Rainer was present before speaking. The reason I requested his meeting is due to sensitive information I have just been made privy to. My partner Wolf as you know it has been a loyal member of the clan for over twenty years and it was thanks to your nominations that she gained the Alpha position to govern the pets within our great clan. However, there is a slight problem that manifested during the time she and I were separated, I'm sure you all remember the week when we were ambushed by Flame Tribe Dobutsu in Thorn Forest and after sustaining losses she and I decided to act as bait to lure them away. King said pausing to make sure that he had their attention having decided to talk about the things she did for the clan before dropping the bomb. When I returned, she wasn't with me due to us being attacked and Wolf deciding to sacrifice herself for me in order to make sure I escaped. She was gone for a week but miraculously came back, I'm sure you all remember that, well the point I'm trying to make sorry for beating around the bush. During the encounter once I escaped she succumbed to her injuries and sustained a head wound the scar still being present on the right side of her face, the jolt of the wound revealed something that neither she or I had known about. Wolf Hokkai...isn't simply a Zinogre, she's actually a Dobutsu with a Zinogre origin form. he said pausing for effect mainly to see their reaction.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime29th October 2014, 2:57 am

It's been a while since he'd seen the council members all in one place, and even longer since he saw them last for a meeting. The old men of the clan weren't ones for public appearances. Quite the opposite in fact. They'd chosen to stay indoors and keep to themselves. Shut-ins and hermits they were, but also they were easily the voice of wisdom for the clan. Their words and thoughts, though traditional and unchanging, were sad with the utmost care and forethought. His family had trusted them for years to help the clan grow and better itself.

He could not be the Hokkai heir that shunned the clan elders, so he used them as they were supposed to be used. He listened to every word they said and used it to help during most deliberations. At times he did have to come to conclusions on his own, with their environment being far different from their homeland of Ibara. To be entirely honest he dreaded these. Konrad hated them even more so then he did. So to keep things going smoothly, and to keep the side comments from Konrad down, he left him outside of the Council room.

Arriving just in time to hear King's speech, His blades were placed against the wall behind his seat. Rainer had been informed of this situation before, it was easy for something like this to travel around the clan. The children ran around shrieking it to one another, while their parents whispered it in each others ears behind the scenes. There was a Dobutsu problem, and Rainer gave King a blank stare. Resting his cheek on his fist he simply watched his clansman speak.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime29th October 2014, 3:45 am

The Hokkai council had assembled, but yeah they didn't really get out much they were all in their specific council seats, the first elder Mustafa Hokkai being the elder representing those hokkai with normal animals in the clan who though while the often seen as the weakest Hokkai by the more progressive members made the traditional majority. Mustafa was going on sixty however he was still powerfully built a large man standing at 7ft 2 though his old age had given him a slight hunch back. He was clan in the hokkai elder robes with an eyepath over his right eye having lost it during a battle against a Kurogane back in the day. He was seated on the far left. Feh, I always knew there was something fishy about her, so what are you going to do obviously she can't be trusted, Dobutsu are shifty sneaky things. We should check all of our pets to make sure we haven't been infiltrated! he said attempting to rile up the other elders seated he had always disapproved of those who utilized anything other than normal animals of course and now sought to use this development to push his agenda.

The second elder Clarissa was the oldest human member of the council at 93 having thick glasses which made her eyes look telescopic and a permanet frown set on her face due to years of frowning in her youth. She was likewise dressed in the elder robes and was as thin as a twig despite having a modest height of 5'6. She would frown even deeper at Mustafa's comment seeing as she represented the Dinosaurs who were a scarce minority but were very powerful normal animals before the incorporation of creatures and summon animals as partners they were regarded as the most powerful potential partners but due to Dinosaurs being extinct for the most part it was very rare to ressurect one from fossilized DNA. Hmph I agree with checking our pets for infiltrators, I had no idea Dobutsu were even capable of taking on animal form, however I propose we give her over to our "information gatherers" to make sure she isn't compromised. I say that of course due to her commitments to the clan, we should at the very check her loyalty to see whether or not we should execute her for selling our secrets or not. she said her voice much softer than Mustafa's booming voice.

The third elder was Jared the creature elder and the youngest on the elder council being only 45 but that was simply because he was a Nova so according to his own genetics he was much closer to being one of the oldest members. He represented the hokkai who paired with creatures who were the progressive rapidly growing minority of the clan and were considered to produce the brightest Hokkai of the current generation with much more varied skillsets than the others due to creatures natural elemental diversity. He has a thick beard and still looked in his thirties wearing his flak jacket with the elder robe drapped over it, his bald head reflecting some of the light in the room he would use his only arm to scrach his beard as he thought to himself on what to decided, having lost it at the jaws of a determined Flame Tribe Dobutsu about 6 months ago thus forcing his retirement. Tch, both of you are being too extreme don't you think. Wolf has been a loyal member of the clan for many years, she obviously had no idea of her heritage otherwise she would of defected earlier on. Is she not the one who protected the cubs during the attack on Ibaragakure likewise her medical skills saved many lives during the high points of the war. he said his voice deep and slightly gravely due to him being a heavy smoker.

The fourth elder was Calypso who was the actual oldest member of the council at 118, due to being a Zireh and represented the smallest group of hokkai rather their were only 4 in the entire clan who were paired with a summon animal. These were singular contracts often the result of said animal being banished from the summoning realm for various reasons, her own summoning contract was between her an a Medium sized Dire Wolf who she was using as a chair currently. She had actually dozed off during King's explaination and had woken up with her companion relaying everything he said and what the others said to her. Yare, yare. Wolf is a good bitch. Zinogre or Dobutsu doesn't really matter to me. Calypso said yawning slightly as she typically did since she was prone to falling asleep a lot often half way through a conversation.

The fifth elder was a Gara Araja who was coiled up and smoking on a cigar, Scar aptly named for the large scar on her belly that he recieved from battling a Kirin that claimed the life of his human partner. Said Kirin was currently being worn as a jacket as she didn't like wearing the elder robes. I've known that ssssshe was a Dobutssssu from the moment I tasssted her sssscent. I proposssse usssing her to ssspy on them, asss a double agent. Scar said seeing as she wasn't enlightened having taken the Giant route his true size of course being concealed with an improved transformation technique so he could move around without terrifying the hatchlings. Scar of course liked Wolf seeing as Scar represented the Pets who had either lost their partners in battle or had allied themselves with the hokkai yet hadn't bonded with any hokkai yet or simply weren't interested in teaming up with a human yet wanted to join the clan.

The sixth elder was the only one with a cane with several teeth missing and a large bushy mustache which was styled into handlebars with points. Avery represented the human hokkai members who had lost their partners in battle or simply never could bond with an animal. He was wearing the elder robes as well partially unbuttoned revealing his hairy chest he had odd hair as the middle was bald while both of the sides were in an afro. We should put a curse seal on her, to ensure that she doesn't eventually grow some sort of feelings for the Dobutsu, surely if she is loyal she wouldn't object to it. It is best of course to be careful just in case, who is to say she hadn't been responsible for the fall of Ibaragakure after all how else could she escape being killed in situations were others would of died multiple times over.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime29th October 2014, 9:57 pm

King would listen to all of them as at first he had frowned, did Wolf's contributions mean anything to the them it was as if what she did her sweat the blood spilt on behalf of the clan meant nothing in fact it was infuriating and he actually would tighten his fists in slight anger only calming down when he saw that not all the elder's were throwing her under the bus simply due to what she was. With all do respect, this doubt that you've shown is honestly sickening to my stomach. King said his usual relaxed posture shifting as his voice became cold and slightly predatory as he forcibly shifted into his Dark personality. Honorable elder Mustafa; you always thought she was shifty am I hearing that correctly? Really so when she rescued your grandson from the Pandora ambush while we were cutting on the border of the land of Decay she was a saint and now you doubt her loyalty. Or you honorable elder Clarissa when you slipped off of a tree branch during one of our camp rotations and broke your hip who was it who preformed the surgery for 8 hours straight and helped you walk when she wasn't preforming patrols. A curse seal on My Partner and what pray tell would it do a killswitch if she wandered to far away from the clan or maybe a pain trigger so that if she disagreed with you during a clan meeting you could trigger it collaring her like a common house pet! Wolf said his voice gradually becoming louder until he shouted teeth bared before managing to collect himself by pacing not wanting to explode though his faith in certain members of this room had been shaken. They of all people should realize insulting Wolf by questioning her loyalty was like questioning Kings own loyalty to the clan and that was something that offended him greater than anything else.

Forgive my outburst. But know this, if any harm is to come to Wolf due to what she was born as then I King Hokkai, son of Sparda Hokkai swear on my ancestors that I will not consider the pack family any longer and will willingly accept banishment than remain in a clan so eager to cast own one of their own. King said folding his arms over his chest before looking upward toward where he knew Rain was sitting having noticed he was quiet during the confrontation, he was wordlessly looking to him no knowing that all judgment was in his hands at this point.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime29th October 2014, 10:50 pm

He'd listened and he'd come to his decision. The matter seemed trivial to him, though to everyone else is was of the greatest importance. Rainer had measured it, weighed it, and found it wanting. The answer was obvious, so he raised his hand sternly demanding the attention of all. Rainer had learned a great leader could control a room without words, so he tried his best to do exactly that. King's outburst was slightly annoying, far too much emotion was shown on his part. If this was just him against the elders Wolf would be put down by now.

King had woken Konrad out in the hall who began to creep inside of the room. King of all people knew barking so loudly wouldn't go without its consequences. Though Rainer could easily sympathize with him, had Konrad been in Wolf's situation he'd be up in flames as well. Though he knew how to keep his composure to a degree. His voice was low, and a bit hoarse at first as he began. Wolf's loyalty is not to be questioned here. That is not the question here. She is one of our enemy, though had she been truly one of them we wouldn't have made it out of Ibara.

He paused for a moment letting his words be mulled over by all before continuing again. She is our clansman. She will be treated as such until her death, and upon her death her body will be donated to further understand the Dobutsu. UNLESS...she can provide a suitable replacement. A dobutsu for a dobutsu. He leaned back in his chair, his face dawning the same expressionless look he'd begun with. Rainer understood King wouldn't be happy with the last bit, but he hoped he realized as Clan head he couldn't show favoritism. He hoped his friend would see the favoritism he tried so hard to hide.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime2nd November 2014, 5:48 pm

The Elders would collectively react differently to King's outburst Scar simply puffed out another cloud of smoke while Calypso smiled fondly at King as she understood why he was so outspoken toward them doing anything to her, Jared would sigh shaking his head seeing as they had made him get all riled up having known King since he was a boy after all he was part of those who he represented, the discussion having made him shift into his secondary more passive personality which was prone much more to violence. Clarissa had the decency to look embarassed from him bringing up the past and would color a bit before looking away with a frown on her face while Avery would just smile savagely as he liked that the boy had taken a stand that was important hence why he said such things to King in order to make him angry by questioning his loyalty.

Feh, the only reason you are defending her so much King is because you lay with her as a mate, as if this council looking away from your disgusting actions wasn't enough now this. Rainer surely you see the folly in letting her live or are you clouded by your feelings towards him to simply let him off with such a trade. Especially now that we no not only does he lay with a beast but now a filthy Dobutsu. Mustafa said causing the Calypso to gasp while Jared looked down the others being impassive except for Scar who was infuriated.

Sssssilence, Musssstafa or do you claim that we are lessssss than you two legsss simply because you cover yoursssselvesss and walk around assss if you own thisss continent. We are all Hokkai man, beasssst both make the sssstrength of thisss clan. If anything King has sssshown a level of commitment passst any othersss by accepting Wolf asss his mate, and you dare critize him are you saying that you are better than ussss when almost all Hokkai rely on their partnersss in order to incorporate the primal power of the beasssst into their techniques. Do not pressssume to think you underssstand the depthss of being matessss after all is that not why you have never had one not even once in your long life
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime3rd November 2014, 12:26 pm

Rainer finally spoke and what he said was ultimately satisfactory to King, to ensure Wolf's safety he would have to procure a Dobutsu for the clan a life for a life. He would noticing Rainer gazing at him and would nod slightly in thanks as he knew that Rainer would at least be fair however his gratefulness would once again be tempered by rage as he would turn to Mustafa. Before he could say anything Scar had come to his defense and once again he was grateful for those who came to his defense one thing he did know for sure, never again would he trust Mustafa nor have the same respect for him as he once did. I will do such Rainer-dono in fact I will do more than just one I will bring to this clan one from each of the tribes to ensure Wolf's bodies proper burial in case of her death six times over. Despite...certain individuals I thank you elders for taking time out of your busy schedules to hear me out. On to.. other subject matter however if who I choose as my mate was a problem why was it not addressed while we were courting, yet? No one said anything and simply allowed it to happen and it is only now that she had been found to be a Dobutsu that it is brought up, that ultimately is all I have to say on that matter. King said clenching his jaw slightly before looking towards Rainer.

I have said all I have to say, by your will Rainer-dono I would like to call this meeting to an end.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime7th November 2014, 9:08 pm

Rainer sighed softly to himself, Mustafa was testing his patience. His words seemed to have the sole purpose to antagonize and brought nothing important to the matter at hand. He would be warned. Though he was rather greatful Scar was quick to Wolf's defense. With King's last words Rainer nodded, and slid his chair back grabbing his blades at the same time. Then it is decided. One of each. Rainer quickly made his way to Mustafa placing a hand on his shoulder, and placing his lips next to his ears. I'd made my decision, yet you disrespect me and waste my time with an outburst of useless information. I have nothing but respect for you Mustafa, but another outburst like that and it will be taken as an insult. He wanted to tell the elder how he played on biting out his throat and ribbed his body to shreds. Though he didn't want to antagonize, last thing he wanted to be was like Mustafa. Waving toward King, Rainer wanted to discuss the meeting with him out of earshot of the elders.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime10th November 2014, 6:42 pm

The other elders would nod before getting up since the discussion was now over each of them going through the doors in the building so they could move to other areas within the building namely their respective quarters since they lived in this place. All except Mustafa whose face would turn red with anger as his clan head, no this boy dared to admonish him for taking steps to ensure this clans safety. I understand Rainer-san. Mustafa said before waiting until Rainer withdrew from his neck before getting up and taking his leave as well, but not before giving King another glare. Hmph, little do they know that that disgusting filth he calls a mate is currently being ambushed, she'll be killed and brought to Rainer as a peace offering and if anything they couldn't trace it back to me as I have instructed the hokkai involved to bite down on their suicide pills rather than talk. That dobutsu will die today regardless of your order Clan head. he thought to himself before walking out of the door leaving the meeting hall just like the other elders did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime16th November 2014, 10:59 pm

OOC: Mid-terms sorry just got done with them.

King would wait until all of the elders had left before moving towards Rainer his face having a small smiprk despite the seriousness of what was going on. Hey clanhead-sama. I'm sorry I didn't let you know before everyone else but you were busy doing Blade things and the only way I knew to get your attention directly was to call this meeting. King said with a sigh the smirk melting away into a slightly downtrodden mood as really the circumstances surrounding the whole thing had done more than just anger him, no he had actually been afraid of Wolf's life hence why he had reacted so fiercely. Thankfully some of the elders were backing him but he had the underlying suspicion that others wouldn't just take this conclusion lying down and would probably try something in the future. He did however wish to know Rainer's opinion as he knew he probably knew about the nature of King and Wolf's relationship but never said anything most likely out of respect for their families relationship with one another.
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime16th November 2014, 11:13 pm

Rainer placed a hand on King's shoulder. Giving him a slight look of concern before an exhausted half smile. He was good at those, years of half smiling will do that. Just Rainer, we're alone, and don't worry, but next time maybe a letter instead of this. Never liked these meetings. With that said, Rainer's hand made its way to his temple. The barking of the elders had done what it had always done, and given him a headache. If it wasn't for the Clan head nothing would get decided on. They were as stubborn as they were wise, and that normally meant twice as long meetings as this one. They were lucky to make it out without a talk about how Kazuhira did things, or his mother, or anyone before him for that matter. Each story causing him to question how old they really were more than the last. Each story wondering how long they each lived past their expiration dates. Rainer then brushed King's shoulder slightly as he passed and motioned toward his friend in a come on manner. I've got time, lets get Konrad and have a look at wolf. All the talk has me curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime16th November 2014, 11:26 pm

Heh, sure sure. I left her with two of the Blades, Rika Ryuude and Cyrus Taki she's friends with the former. I-Arg.... King said before suddenly doubling over as Wolf used one of the forbidden Hokkai techniques causing the wounds she sustained from whatever fight she was in to be shared equally between the two of them in order to increase her chance at survival. Fuck, Rainer she's in trouble we have to get to her now. he said easily recognizing the tell tail marks of a Hokkai technique after all nothing else had that much drilling and slicing capacity. He would shrug off the pain by activating the gates and taking off no doubt expecting Rainer to follow him in order to save Wolf from whatever danger that had befallen her and probably the Blades she was with as well. I'm coming Wolf just hold out until then and don't fucking die on me. he said through the pack bond a mixture of anger and worry.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rain

Rain

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime16th November 2014, 11:57 pm

The names he'd recognized but he admitted he truly hadn't interacted with Cyrus since the exams before the war, and Riku was just someone he'd seen once or twice. Neither seemed like terrible people, and Cyrus was beyond capable enough to protect himself and wolf. She was in strong hands at least. King's random grunt caused Konrad to run toward the pair trying to figure out what was going on. Rainer stopped in his tracks and glanced over his shoulder at his friend, the sudden smell of fresh blood in the air gave Rainer an idea of what he was going through. Konrad made his way to Rainer quickly and the two became one without hesitation. The man beast that stood in front of King now held a sword in each hand as they took off to rescue wolf.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime17th November 2014, 1:41 am

Topic End.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders   Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolf or Polaris - Hokkai Council of Elders
Page 1 of 1