Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenji

Kenji

A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Empty
PostSubject: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime21st April 2014, 11:39 pm

Laxus pulled the white cloak closer around him as the wind whipped past, kicking up dirt and dust in a miniature cyclone around the lone man. Laxus hadn't even stopped in at Hakagakure before making his way from the port to the Land of Anguish. He had many things to accomplish in Hakagakure, but this matter was far more pressing, Hakagakure could wait. It helped too that he felt the matters were left in good hands. It would take time for Taishoku to rally his clan against one of his own and Laxus felt confident Arikiko could handle the tasks he had laid out for the young Shinobi. Arikiko interested Laxus a great deal as it turned out. He was a wild animal, but one that if tamed, could be essential to Laxus in the long run. There was potential in that boy, that was for certain, Laxus would just have to make sure he was careful when smoothing out the jagged edges.

Currently Laxus was on his way to the Land of Anguish for one reason and one reason only. It was said that deep in the land lay a temple made for the Reapers of this world. If one could transverse the entire temple, the secret to awakening would be revealed to them and Laxus desperately needed that kind of power. It was no secret that the Anti-Shogunate forces were clearly the weaker force in this upcoming war. They were nowhere near as well funded, resulting in less equipped troops and underprepared choke points. What is it you hope to find here? Ariagnae asked Laxus as he crossed the vast wasteland that lay around him. The temple itself didn't have a finite location, said only to be found by Samurai in search of it. As it was, Laxus was forced to walk through the twisting sands until he happened upon the temple. Power. I need to be stronger if I'm going to survive this war, never mind lead the continent to victory. Laxus answered, frowning as a gale of sand caught him on the side of the face. You worry too much, push yourself too hard. What happens if you don't return in time? What happens if Haka is nothing but rubble when you finally make it back? She asked. What happens if you don't ever make it back? Sylvia asked simply, interjecting her own thoughts into the conversation. Laxus grit his teeth, clenching his fists, he was already annoyed with his two, somewhat motherly and overprotective queens, You two are just the epitome of optimism aren't you? By the way, hate to break it to you two but if I don't make it back, you don't either.

He could hear the annoyance in Ariagnae's voice when she entered their hive mind again, Well excuse me for being- she began but Sylvia interrupted, Building directly in front of us. Apparently her faux echolocation had located something and Laxus smiled for the first time on this entire godforsaken journey as he increased his pace. A moment later he found it, a massive sandstone temple stood before him. Behind him the winds whipped about viciously, but a small area around the temple was oddly calm and even quiet. Inviting. Now what young master? Sylvia asked curiously. Now we go in. Laxus said, and so they did.

Words: 556
Travel complete.
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime22nd April 2014, 10:36 pm

Approved. You may now choose 3 options.

1000 Word "Awakening Topic" for 3 Trials.
2000 Word "Awakening Topic" for 2 Trials.
3000 Word "Awakening Topic" for 1 Trial.

Note: Now that you have entered the Temple of Reapers you are unable to leave until you either Awaken or die trying. However you may take as long as you want to do the trials not to mention any training topics you do will have to be posted in the Temple of Reapers. The items that you have in your bank are the only items you are allowed to use in these topics. Your Health, Chakra, Blood, Nen, Natural Energy will not replenish at all during the trial topics.

Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime24th April 2014, 12:25 am

Laxus walked up the large sandstone steps of the temple, taking each one at a time. The sun beat down on his back through the cloud of perpetual sand and dust above and as he entered the darkened temple, he found relief in its shadows and shade. He moved a rather large cobweb out of the way, swatting it without a second thought before stepping further into the darkness. This place hasn't seen another soul in decades, centuries even maybe. Ariagnae said through the hive mind connection they shared. I agree young master, this temple seems quite abandoned. Sylvia chimed in, but Laxus only smiled, Good, that's how we want it. I'll be the first Reaper in a long time to walk these lands. Except for that prodigy of course, though I haven't had the displeasure of meeting him yet, there was plenty of talk of all the prodigies in that port back on the West Continent. Laxus thought frowning as he came to a stop, his eyes unable to see much farther into the dark abyss.

Ariagnae, send some soldiers out to give us a little light, if you don't mind. Sylvia, keep your guard out, I want sonar bouncing off as frequently as possible. Just because this temple hasn't received outsiders in awhile doesn't mean it's empty. Laxus commanded his two queens as black chimera ants burrowed out of his skin and dropped to the ground around him, igniting their tiny bodies to form a formidable flame that lit most of the surrounding area Laxus stood in. Remind me again why you dragged us to this godforsaken place when we have a war literally right around the corner? Ariagnae asked, clearly somewhat peeved off with Laxus's decision to ditch the village in pursuit of selfish goals. So we might actually survive this war...and maybe if we're lucky, be powerful enough to swing the tide in our favor. Laxus answered matter of factly. It was true too, Laxus had plans for this war, plans that his village simply wasn't ready for yet. He'd have to become as powerful as possible before the West Continent made their move. While in the docks he had also heard rumors of these oh so special prodigies distancing themselves from the Shogun and forming their own armies. That was an unexpected variable and a dangerous one at that. To top it all off, there had been reports of strange creatures in the Land of Malice, though many believed it to just be a simple band of outlaws waiting to be caught.

Laxus was unconcerned with the Land of Malice right now, his main focus would be Paradox once this whole ordeal was over. Together with Arikiko, he would take a small force into the land, concur it, and meet up with forces in Ibaragakure for planning. Paradox was necessary for the two main villages trade and communication routes to be linked up. If they could claim Paradox, then goods and troops could more freely move between the two villages. Unfortunately for the time being, Kaosgakure would have to largely fend for itself. As far as he had heard, Shigakure had declared itself independent and separated itself from the war. With the Land of Silence laying between Kaosgakure and Ibaragakure, there'd be no easy way to aid the Land of Chaos. If Shigakure could somehow be persuaded to their side however, the war would greatly turn in Laxus's favor. If they turned against the Anti-Shogun forces however...that would most certainly be trouble. As far as his enemies were concerned, the West Continent was a long way off and Laxus assumed they'd bother Kaosgakure long before they even stepped foot in the Land of Graves. The North wasn't much of a problem either, too far away, but they'd most likely attack some of Haka's lesser allies and decisions of aid would have to be made at a later date for them. No, Laxus's main concern was that of Dipugakure. They had taken the Shogun's side and could easily mount a Naval attack at any time, something Hakagakure would not be able to defend against very well. Dipu would have to be brought down quickly and completely eradicated if Laxus hoped to have even a chance of winning this war.

Young master, what is this awakening you seek?Sylvia asked suddenly, interrupting Laxus's thoughts of the war plans. Uh...I'm sorry, what? Laxus asked, having not really heard the ant queen's question. This awakening that we're searching for, what is it? I understand it is power, but...what exactly? Laxus frowned in thought for a long moment as he pondered how to answer this question, Well you see Sylvia, when a mommy and a daddy love each oth- Wait, wrong talk. Starting again, Laxus said, Er, disregard that. From what I know, there are different awakenings for different races. It's like...an upgrade of sorts. We have all of this stored potential, but we can't access it until we awaken. It's like a blockage in the brain, all of these techniques and abilities are known subconsciously, but we can't do anything until the blocking is...removed, and that's what awakening does. That's what I've heard anyway. Laxus finished. There was a long moment of silence, the only sound coming from the clack of feet on sandstone and tiny legs scuffling across the same floor as the ants moved in a small black puddle around Laxus. Oh, I see. Sylvia said finally. Laxus nodded, My grandmother told me once that her grandfather, Vincent Yakunan was an awakened Dues, previously a Dakar. Back then, supposedly people from our dimension ventured into another dimension, the Youkai Dimension I believe she called it, to awaken. It was there that they found the knowledge and power to transcend their mortal bodies and capabilities, to become true warriors and unparalleled shinobi. The story goes, or at least what I remember of it, Vincent started a war with the angels that dwelled in that realm after he betrayed them in a large battle. He eventually made his way back to our dimension, but years later returned to the Youkai Dimension when the tear appeared once more. Time flows differently there and apparently on his return trip, he became stuck in some sort of...rift. 100 years passed in our dimension while only a year in the Youkai had. When he finally returned, he returned to a strange and altered world. Many years later, after he had my great-grandmother Teresa Yaju, the Youkai Dimension and our own...fused, supposedly. Thus, the power to awaken was brought into our own dimension. So, in a way I guess you could say we're currently standing in another dimension...or at least an artifact from another dimension. Laxus said, but after a long while of silence he quickly added, I don't know, it's just a story, probably not even true. He said with a shrug.

He continued to walk in silence then for a few minutes, his hand resting lightly on the crimson hilt of Scarlet Rose. They hadn't heard or seen anything and Sylvia reported nothing from her echolocation abilities, but this place still gave Laxus the chills. He figured it was just the oldness of it, there was old power and darkness to this place. It was unnatural, as if it didn't belong in this world and just as well he didn't belong in it. Shaking the feeling, Laxus continued down the hallway before Sylvia suddenly said, There seems to be a large room coming up in about fifty yards young master. She said without any emotion in her voice. That was the problem with ant queens, they didn't have much personality at first. It took awhile for them to learn and adapt to people dialogue and mannerisms. One would never know from just talking to Ariagnae, but Ariagnae had been with Laxus since birth. Sylvia was new and would take much longer to adapt to human ways. She was still learning, albeit quickly, but learning all the same. Okay, thank you Sylvia. Laxus responded simply.

Sure enough the green ant queen had been quite right. The hallway they had entered in dumped out into a large room that seemed to stretch the entire length and width of the temple. That's what Laxus assumed anyway after he kicked a small rock over the lip of the edge in the room and waited a rather long time before hearing a splash. There was no light in this room, save for that which came from his ants around him. Spread out, explore, but watch your step. I want some of you to remain with me so I don't accidentally step over the edge in this damned darkness.[/i] Laxus commanded as cels of burning ants broke off from the main body and began crawling about the walls and floor of the cliff they stood on. From what Laxus could tell as they revealed more of the room to him, he was currently at the top of the room and its bottom was a long, long way down. The platform on which he stood seemed to stretch all the way around the square, or rather rectangular room. Below, there were other walkways and other passages it seemed, though how many Laxus was unsure. There seemed to be at least seven stories before the ants got too far away and their flame was no longer strong enough to shed any real light. At that, Laxus called them back and sat down in the sand covered stones of the temple, thinking about his next move. How am I supposed to find something that, as far as I know, doesn't have a tangible existence? He asked no one in particular.

Finding what never truly existed isn't such an easy task, is it House? Ariagnae asked, Laxus could tell she was being playfully cruel with him. She had expressed her opinion of this mission about every 5 minutes to Laxus on the journey here, just to make sure he hadn't missed it the first 60 times. Young master, while we're sitting here uselessly doing nothing and not truly accomplishing our goal, might I ask a question? Sylvia asked, though she wasn't being sarcastic, simply observing the situation before them. Does no one have faith in me anymore? Everyone's a critic. Laxus said allowed, rolling his eyes, but to Sylvia he said, Of course you may Sylvia, go ahead. Sylvia took a moment to gather her words before saying, Well, judging from your brain scans and pulse when we were on the West Continent, or any time the Shogun is mentioned, you clearly have a personal problem with the Shogun and his system as a whole. What happened? Sylvia asked innocently and immediately Laxus could feel his heart begin to pump stronger and faster, his hands felt clammy and the light from the flames suddenly made him feel very warm. Um Sylvia, that's not really a question for right- Ariagnae began, but Laxus cut her off before she could finish. No, she is curious and a part of our hive now. She has every right to know. When I was younger, I, like every other Shinobi child, was sent off to the academy to begin my training. There I met many friends, but one in particular that I became very close with. We had lunch together every day, Talked each other to sleep, and even shared what young children could never comprehend but now I can see as a blossoming love. Her name was Reimi Stark. Beautiful girl with long, silky blonde hair the color of dandelions and bright blue eyes that couldn't help but make you think of the salty seas around the academy. Tall with thin features, as if made of cut and smoothed stone so many years ago. Her laugh made your mouth twitch at the corners with excitement to join in and add your own to its blissful sound. She was kind, but strong, reliable, but broken on the inside all the same, just like the rest of us. We all carried our burdens to that school, and out of it as well. Reimi helped me through all of the tough times, and I helped her. It wasn't until the chunin exams that I realized what the Shogun had been doing all along. He had been watching us, observing our interactions, our relationship. Laxus said, his fists tightening reflexively. He paused for a moment, breathing hard before calming down and continuing. The two of us, we had passed the first two parts of the exam, but the third part...the stadium...things went wrong. The Shogun announced who the next two contestants would be, as he always did, and when he did, my blood ran cold. As you can guess it was Reimi, I was saddened, it meant only one of us would be able to become a chunin and the other would be left here at the academy, it meant our relationship was coming to a close and there was a good chance I might hurt her in this spar. However, the Shogun couldn't simply sit back and watch another spar like he had hundreds of times before, no, he wanted to make this one interesting. Announcing us as the star crossed lovers, he said that this would be a fight to the death. Initially I refused, as did Reimi, we both forfeited, but the Shogun refused to be upstaged in front of so many onlookers. He said if one of us didn't die, we both would. So...I killed her. Laxus let that final sentence hang in the air for a rather long time. In the corner of his eye he could feel tears welling up, but he ignored them and after a time they simply went away. He had relived this nightmare too many times in his dreams, it no longer bothered him the way it should. After I killed her and the Shogun announced the winner, I was taken to a back room to be checked over and healed. The Shogun himself made an appearance as my exam had been the last of the day's. That bastard had the gaul to tell me that he had done me a favor. That by forcing me to kill my one and only true friend, he had made my unbreakable and a truly powerful weapon. When he offered me the flak jacket of a Chunin, I knocked it away and spit at his feet, leaving before they could patch me up, my adrenaline carrying me out to the docks. I sat by the ocean and cried, all day and well into the night. Eventually the representative from my village came and found me, I don't even remember getting on the boat, but after that day I was changed, forever. I became the weapon the Shogun said he helped me become, and now it's time to show him. With this war, I will strike down the Shogun and show him just how deadly his weapons are.

So if either of you want to know why I'm doing this, why we're here in this godforsaken temple in this godforsaken desert land, now you do. I'm here to become stronger, not just to strike the Shogun down, but to prove him right. I'm a weapon, simple as that, but I'm a weapon with a purpose and nothing left to lose. He's made me dangerous, to his own health. Laxus said, feeling his tale was sufficiently done. He felt mentally drained after all that, but his queens said nothing, not that they really could. What does one say after a revelation like that? Laxus welcomed the silence anyway as he began walking again. This time he dropped down a level, making his way through a new tunnel. It seemed relatively the same as the first one they had entered. It had been nearly half an hour of silence when Sylvia finally spoke, breaking it without a thought, Young master, by chance could this be a spiritual awakening as well? I understand the power that you seek and will attain from this awakening, but could you get more? Self-fulfillment perhaps? Forgiveness for yourself after years of torment and suffering? Laxus shook his head with a smile, I'm not sure Sylvia, but it's a nice thought. I have nothing left to learn about myself though. I have my purpose, and I have my desire. Sylvia didn't seem satisfied with that answer as she asked, Yes but what happens after you kill the Shogun? What will you do after the war? After the Shinobi are free once again like your great grandparents' people were before the Great War? With your purpose complete and your goals accomplished, what will become of you? Laxus was stunned into silence, he had never considered such a heavy question. Truthfully Sylvia...I'm not sure.[/i] He said, reeling in confusion. Well, truthfully young master, I hope you find out through this awakening. Laxus nodded, I do too Sylvia.[/i]

With that, Laxus doubled back to the massive room and peered out over the edge before sighing. This was hopeless he realized. He had no idea where he was going or what he was supposed to do. Odds were good that by the time he did awaken, the war would be over and like his great great grandfather, he'd be returning to a very different and very changed world. Frustrated, Laxus placed his hands around his mouth and yelled out across the chasm of a room, Hellooo, is anyone in here? He asked the thick sandstone walls, crumbling with age. He wasn't expecting a reply or anything, he was simply frustrated and wanted to yell at something. Still, in all of his grandmother's old bedtime stories, spirits would usually hear the calls of men and come to their aid or share with the lost men some special knowledge they needed for their journey. Laxus sat down again, hoping against hope something like that would happen to him too, but as hopeful as he was, he was equally doubtful.

Words: 3007
Needed: 3000
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime25th April 2014, 3:37 pm

OOC: Approved. The trial will now begin.

The temple would rumble a bit and as Laxus made his way through it, he would come across a circular room where a status was waiting for him. It resembled him identically however instead of having his samurai sword it had a reaper scythe and was seemingly not touching the floor. A voice would echo through the area at first being inaudible due to the decibels it was screeching at before it would drop down to a whisper which Laxus would think would come from behind him. You have dealt with your past..your present...it is now time to come to terms with your future. the voice said and if Laxus turned he would find upon turning back that the statue was gone. Not really he just had an incoming heel kick coming in at ripping discord speeds aimed to impact his chest the statue having moved the moment the voice had finished speaking. If he looked carefully he would see that the statue possessed crimson red eyes and it's skin was tinted slightly red though when one was trying to avoid a killing strike they typically didn't pay attention to tiny details like that. In its place was a blood stained maiden statue which stared ominously at him as fog would begin to spread through the area. It was around this time that Laxus would find himself incapable of utilizing chakra as the Kanji representing chakra was etched into the ground around a 30 feet radius of the statue which unfortunately for him comprised the entire room.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime27th April 2014, 3:50 pm

Laxus would inspect the statue, staring at it somewhat confused. Something about it made his skin crawl and it wasn't just the bugs under his skin. He reached out to touch it before suddenly hearing a voice behind him, knowing Sylvia would have picked up the trace of a person behind him, he didn't move but right in front of his eyes, the statue seemed to disappear. What the-? He thought suddenly confused. In front! Sylvia yelled, but too late as the wind went out of Laxus's chest. Instinctually he attempted to reach out and grab the statue by the ankle to hold him in place as Sylvia sent out ants from Laxus's legs to subdue the opposing statue. Laxus fought hard as blackness rimmed his vision, but he managed to stay conscious. The attack had been quick and unexpected, but relatively weak compared to what it could have been. Hopefully his strength would be enough to keep the opponent in place while Sylvia's soldiers set up a ring around the statue and began vibrating towards it, locking it in place.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime4th May 2014, 6:45 pm

A quite successful strike from the statue that would bring forth a continuous attack. With the successful kick, Laxus, even though the technique didn't have major force behind it, would be knocked back a little. This little amount of distance would be all the statue would need. Upon the kick impacting, the statue would use Laxus' body as a platform to launch itself at Ripping Discord speeds again, avoiding Laxus' as it would appear to Laxus that the statue was still in its original position, with its leg extended. Almost like a dance, clones would appear swords drawn in different positions, disappear in a flickering motion, then begin their attack slashing at Laxus a total of 49 times. Once those strikes have been completed, the statue would appear before disappearing then going in for the final strike.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime5th May 2014, 10:21 am

His inferior speed and reaction tiers resulted in Laxus being completely unable to even register what was happening, never mind actually see the attacks coming. He grit his teeth as each blow was dealt to him, phantom cuts and slashes. Each time he would lash out with his own sword and each time he would cut only air. I know this technique, I have one similar to it, why can't I hit them. He thought, frustrated as there was a sudden break in the pain. Laxus fell to his knees, pain enveloping him as blood poured from his numerous wounds. So I guess that's it then. He said with a slight chuckle. Suddenly a ripping pain shot through his left shoulder as he noticed the statue with its blade stuck deep within his arm standing in front of him. SYLVIA, DO IT NOW! He cried, the ants having never moved would begin vibrating towards the statue, attempting to lock him in place once again while Laxus grabbed the blade stuck in his arm. The statue would either need A-rank strength or be willing to leave his sword if it hoped to escape this.

OOC: Same tech as above. Kinda took advantage of your wording, or lack there of rather. Ironic because I learned it from you but you didn't say where the strike was coming from or where it was aimed...so I took some liberties with that. I'm screwed regardless, she locked out anything having to do with chakra and the statue is just too damn fast.
Back to top Go down
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime5th May 2014, 5:00 pm

A successful strike but unfortunately the statue's scythe was stuck in Laxus' shoulder. Seems it should have put a little more force into that strike, regardless it couldn't just leave the scythe behind so it would need to change this battle into one of extreme close range. To begin the statue would take a step forward, this being done before the ants reached the statue, and burst itself forward at Blinding Light speeds. Make note that forward is in Laxus' direction, in which due to the scythe being stuck in his shoulder, he will be brought along with the statue in the forward motion. The two, mainly Laxus first would crash into a wall where the resulting force would force the rest of the scythe through Laxus' shoulder. Naturally this collision would cause the ants to latch directly onto the statue but it didn't matter as the entire blade being in Laxus' shoulder wasn't going anywhere.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime5th May 2014, 10:22 pm

Laxus's head went back in agony as his back smashed against the wall, blood and spit flying from his mouth as the scythe dug deeper into his arm. He refused to let go however, switching his grip to the handle of the scythe now that it was pushed closer to him. With his other hand he jabbed towards the statue's midsection with his sword, hoping to propel the statue away from the scythe with a direct hit or at least cause it to dodge and let go of the scythe. At the same time, with the last bit of strength left in his already numb left arm, Laxus yanked on the scythe, You've had your fun, now give me my scythe! He stared directly into the empty red eyes of the statue, gritting his teeth and pulling as sweat trickled down his brow. Goddamn this hurts. He thought as the corners of his vision began to darken from the stress and pain.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime6th May 2014, 11:48 am

OOC: Apparently I was given new information on what exactly I can and can't do in this battle, so time to make this fight a lot more fun

Before bringing attention to what Laxus was doing, let us bring attention to those green ants which were making their way to the statue, by now they were already on its body halting its movements. If Laxus was to look very closely, the green ants were starting to light on fire, then further the ones that were still on the scythe. The cause of this, Laxus should know very well, Black Ants, more specifically Black Ants - Flame Type. Being released from the statue's body to not only assault the green ants but make their way across the scythe to enflame the scythe. With the green ants no longer on the body of the statue, was free to maneuver, however it would not. This battle was now close range and it was going to stay that way. Taking the stab to the midsection, the statue would grab Laxus' arm and give a little attraction, not to much. Similar to before, the green ants on Laxus' sword would be met with Black Ants to burn the Green Ants into nothing, then make their way along Laxus' sword to his body. This was quickly turning into a drastically small scale battle, only due to the size of the combatants.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime6th May 2014, 3:36 pm

OOC: Why does your fun worry me? -_-

Laxus frowned as his green ants began to burn, but as the flames came towards him on the scythe and his sword he only laughed. The pain, fatigue and mental stress of the situation had gotten to him and madness was setting in as he threw his head back and laughed, echoing through the room around them as his body began to burn. In reality he wasn't burning at all, just as Flame Ants induce fire, Burn Ants consume it and that's exactly what the ants within him were doing. The fire washed over him, but no harm was done thanks to his hungry ants. Heh, that tickles! He said with sadistic glee, his sword still stuck in the statue's midsection. Now give me that freaking scythe! Deep within his arm, safe guarded by skin and fire ants alike, the green ants sent out a shockwave threw Laxus's arm and up through his sword to the point, the point that was still embedded deep in the statue's stomach. The point would erupt in a large shockwave that would travel outward from the point and through the statue internally. If the statue was anything like Laxus, it didn't possess any defensive tiers at all and would explode from the inside out without warning.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Zen

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime7th May 2014, 11:25 pm

That didn't work, the flames now being consumed by some of the Laxus' black ants. So to combat that, it was time for a second wave. Taking the same route as the Black Ants, Green Ants would begin to make their way to Laxus' body by taking the sword as a bridge. However something was coming, something quite unfortunate actually, a shockwave. Luckily those green ants were making their way on the sword, but not so lucky that they couldn't stop it. Rather the luck came from their affinity with vibration that they could realize the shockwave was coming through the sword. Naturally it was to late for the ones on the sword to react but not to late to alert the queen, who ordered Green Ants around the wound to vibrate at a high degree to disperse the vibrations of the shockwave. That was a good idea though, so the statue send some Green Ants to its scythe. This would cause the scythe to begin to vibrate highly, vibrating the wound and making it a little easier for the statue to cut, as while Laxus was trying to take the scythe, the statue was trying to keep it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime27th May 2014, 3:26 pm

Admin Post: Kenken post. So I can wrap this up ty.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime27th May 2014, 3:48 pm

The vibrations would make the scythe easier to cut with, but not if Laxus didn't allow the blade any deeper into his arm. His hand was still on the shaft of the scythe and with equal strength between the statue and himself pushing against it in opposite directions, that scythe wasn't cutting anything. Laxus's sword on the other hand was more or less free to do as it pleased as he pulled it from the abdomen of his doppleganger. He looked at the statue, staring at its deep crimson eyes for a long moment before attempting to drive the point of his katana into the base of its throat. From there he would slash towards the right, attempting to sever not only the statue's head, but its arm holding the scythe as well.

OOC: Weak post, sorry, been out of it for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime27th May 2014, 4:08 pm

So it seems both Laxus and the statue were at quite the conundrum, I love that word, either way when Laxus attempted to pull his scythe from the statues body the Statue would lift up it's knee at Blinding Light speeds of course, aiming for Laxus's family jewels. A low blow yeah but hey think about it, it just got stabbed in it's stomach obviously it's playing for keeps and in a real person they would be bleeding out right now and wouldn't care about dignity or anything of the sort. It was mainly to give him a window of opportunity to use it's free arm to hit downward aimed at Laxus's wrist in order to grab it and promptly squeeze down in an attempt to fracture it. This was mainly to stall for time after all Laxus was bleeding at it wasn't so it could afford to play the stall game unlike him. It would seem that Laxus needed to figure out exactly what was necessary to win and awaken otherwise he just might die here.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime27th May 2014, 4:43 pm

As Laxus took the knee to...well...we all know where, he buckled, bending over and spitting out blood and saliva alike. His world began to spin as he lost his grip on the scythe and his sword, listening to it clatter against the stone floor. The statue would miss his wrist as he dropped to the ground on one knee, leaning his weight on the arm that wasn't currently bleeding profusely. Blackness crowded his vision as he wiped the blood from the side of his mouth and formed a hand seal, the blood on the ground in front of him lit up as he unsealed his bone forest and all around him and the statue plants and trees of bone erupted from the ground and walls. I'm getting really tired of this shit. He muttered as chains of blood sprung forth from the plants all around them at SS-rank speeds. The chains would bind the statue and pull in different directions, preventing it from moving as they wrapped around its limbs, torso, neck, and just about every inch of its body. Now disappear. Laxus muttered as he snapped his fingers and the chains would pull the statue into one of his numerous bone plants, sealing it for good.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime27th May 2014, 4:53 pm

The voice would echo out the cavern rumbling as the statue would suddenly vanish, it seems that he finally understood what was the point of this well of course with the added bonus of having radical scars and potentially not being able to have children anymore. Your present leads to the future as a result in order to truly understand what your future entails you must embrace it within you or an extention of yourself. The voice said before the totem would sink into the ground and chakra would be returned to the area, a bright light would flash though Laxus' would keep all the injuries and what not unfortunately for him meaning he could still quite possibly die from his injuries. Rise. Reaper. the voice said and when the light cleared Laxus would find himself ejected from the area and back on the outside of the Temple, though his body was...different it was changed altered by the experience and he would feel compressed as if his power was still within his body. It would be concentrated in his chest glowing brightly as if beginning him to touch it and upon doing such he would be able to reach into his body to grasp the handle of a scythe said scythe being pulled out from the light into the physical plane being comprised of his innate power from awakening.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime27th May 2014, 5:11 pm

Laxus looked around him as he stood out in the desert yet again, winds of sand whipping around him. He looked down at his shoulder as it spit more blood from the large wound and stepped down to pick up his sword. Blood oozed out even more as he moved, but the sword converted chakra into blood so his heart kept pumping. Ariagnae, seal that up for me, would you? I don't need anything special, I'll have the medics make it look pretty when I get home, just make sure it doesn't open again. He said to his hive mind as before black flame ants began crowding around the wound. Laxus grit his teeth as flame erupted all around his shoulder, cauterizing the wound. He wouldn't be able to use the shoulder or arm until he had it properly looked at by the medics and doctors back in Hakagakure, but for now it would do. Panting heavily, Laxus wiped the sweat from his brow before noticing the strange feeling in the pit of his stomach. He touched it before a bright light enveloped his hand and before he knew it he was holding the handle of a second katana. Pulling, he eased it out of his body. Instead of pain however, he felt an immense pressure released and sighed in exhaustion, inspecting his new blade. Well, here's to the future. He muttered to himself, raising his new blade into the air. Name? Ariagnae asked from the hive mind connection. Laxus looked it over before placing it in the sheathe that had seemingly magically appeared on his back as he had pulled the katana from his bowels, Turquoise Rose.

There was a moment of silence before Ariagnae responded, Laaaaaame. Sylvia chimed in as well, I must agree young master, that name is rather...uninspiring. Ariagnae followed quickly behind, She's telling you its lame, because it is. Laxus shook his head as he began walking back the way he had come, back towards home, Yes well, unfortunately for you two lovely ladies, it's not up to you nor does your opinion matter. The sword's name is Turquoise R- Laxus stopped and looked down at his feet in disbelief. HOLY SHIT I'M FLOATING! He said aloud trying to will himself back to the ground. It was the oddest sensation, floating just above the ground but feeling as if he was walking all the same. Must be a side effect from the awakening...or your head finally got filled with such a massive amount of hot air, its thrown off the balance with the rest of your body. Laxus rolled his eyes, Oh you are such a joker. Come on, let's just go home. There's a war coming and I need to have this Reaper stuff figured out before things get bad. With that, Laxus began walking, er floating, once again. It was going to be strange, learning how his body worked again. It was like puberty...but more dangerous. Still, the amount of power at his disposal could make a serious difference in this war. They say Rome wasn't built in a day, but they never mentioned how long it took to tear it down.

Words: 529

Trial and travel complete.

New Sword:

Scythe Name: Turquoise Rose
Scythe Appearance:
Spoiler:
Scythe Chakra Nature: Shadow
Scythe Description: At the risk of the user being unable to do so, Turquoise Rose is capable of absorbing natural energy then allowing the wielder to manipulate it, the same way one manipulates chakra. This comes with the further risk that the wielder cannot use Sage Mode or a Cursed Seal gained from a summoning creature. This blade is capable of absorbing natural energy 1-rank below the rank of the user each topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)   A Reaper's Trials (Awakening) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Reaper's Trials (Awakening)
Page 1 of 1