Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Empty
PostSubject: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime28th October 2013, 6:58 am

Jasmine was currently huddled near a fire that she had gotten Flame to start for her and Rebecca and was sitting on a rock while trying to warm up, blasted cold it wouldn't ruin her day if she had any say in the matter. She had taken out a couple of the bars of metal she had purchased from the shop and was currently looking at them and seeing exactly that she could do with them, she had half a mind to make fishnets they were easy to make in bulk after all. She could create different qualities which would be useful to mitigate some physical damage taken in combat.

Hmm...I wonder..Tin or Nickel..Tin is more malleable..Nickel is chakra conductive...perhaps I could try something... she said getting an idea and smirking as she always thought it odd that shinobi were able to use chakra to walk up things yet that chakra couldn't be used to lock them in place with the same effect as actual strength.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime28th October 2013, 7:11 am

The events of the road trip still played through Bec's mind, which was no fully active considering the freezing climate. She sat further away from the fire, as the heat it emitted literally burnt her skin, watching her 'partner' evaluate the bars she recently purchased. Near genius level intellect from her clan, and she was superior. Yet, for some reason, money was too difficult, it just didn't fit together. Regardless, Bec would continue to watch, poking at her boot with a stick, and drawing ice flakes into the ground. Everything about smiting was so foreign, it was like an alien species which she doesn't even want to attempt to try and communicate with. Her mind traced around like a mosquito and a light, hitting a constant bubble whenever she felt as though she understood.

"Um..." She hesitate, before decided to go through with her thoughts, rummaging through her bag before pulling out a bar of her own. "Uh...How about iron? Its more expensive then those two, so i'm assuming its better?" Usually, when selling, she could talk this shit up to look like the purest of all metal, yet for some reason, with Jasmine, her manipulative words were at a loss. "You can have it, if you want...I was only going to sell it anyway..."
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime28th October 2013, 7:51 am

Seriously? Thanks, I can do a lot more with a bar of iron than I can with some cruddy tin & Nickel. Thank you once again this will really help me out. Jasmine said with a grateful smile before taking the iron bar and placing it on the ground near the other bars of metal. She would touch her palm before a hammer materialized out of thin air with Jasmine grabbing it before placing it on the ground as well. She would then bite her hand enough to draw some blood and would stare at his feeling the rush of adrenaline associated with her inherited sadism. Now she could get to work and would pick up her hammer and begin to shape out the metals occasionally picking them up and placing her hammer over the fire to get them to heat up and expand. It was tricky work but she was relentless and would press on trying to make something out of each of the bars without melting them to much in the process.

Eventually she would fish and breathe out a sigh as by her feet six sets of Fishnet Vests were laying by her feet accompanied by 3 pairs of Chakra Conductive Soles and 2 pairs of Tin Arm-Guards. So it was honestly a good haul she was letting them cool down while she studied them, no imperfections and each and everyone of them was imbued with an ability as per her trademark. Sure it wasn't her finest craft but she'd easily be able to make back the money she spent to by flame with just this much, and she'd use all of that to buy some more materials so she could sell those and make enough money so that she could throw a party next month. Done..what do you think?

Forging Details
Spoiler:

Jasmine
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime28th October 2013, 8:11 am

Rebecca never took eyes off her, from the materializing of god knows what, to the bitting and the blood, it was some really weird, yet fascinating shit. When she looked back over at Bec, she'd notice the wde eyes potato almost drooling at the mouth as it hung low. Snapping out of it, she straightened up, letting out a small cough. "What do i think? That was um...Cool?" It only occurred after that she was referring to her products, Bec flinching before standing, walking over slowly as she inspected the products from a distance. "Fishnets look nice, Um, metal shoe soles...interesting, i could talk them up...arm guards, now i know for sure i can sell those. All these are marketable? I suppose? Well made, no deformities, cleanly finished... How much did you pay for those materials again? Bec's mind was gone, she was now in her merchant mode, don't cut cheap when she's in her merchant mode. In fact, best to just keep your money away in general.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime28th October 2013, 9:19 am

I spent 50 on the Tin, 70 on the Nickel and the going price for Iron is 170 now everyone knows the Land of Greed overcharges people for double the price of what the things are actually worth so in actuality; Tin, Nickel and Iron bars go for 25, 35 & 85 Xel respectively. Now you might not see it but each of these have a special ability, the Fishnets are non-magnetic, the arm guards are able to deflect weak projectiles and the shoe soles are able to adhere to surfaces with increased strength when chakra is cycled through it something which would usually cost a shinobi a constant drain of chakra to keep active or so I remember from the academy. Jasmine said smiling as she was proud of her work and would continue waiting for it to cool down so once it did she could store it away with Coded Storage.

So the market price I guess adjusting for inflation would be 300, 200 & 100, at Greed it would probably go for a quarter of that price stingy bastards and I can always overcharge those I don't like up to double the price which would give me 600 Xel for the fishnets, 400 Xel for the arm-guards and 200 Xel for the soles. Jasmine said just pitching an idea Rebecca was the merchant though so she probably could easily haggle her down but she would also be able to see a more accurate pricing. [color=lavander]I'm going by the base cost of the raw materials anyways, then add the fact that I am able to tack on abilities to them and yeah..it becomes more...expensive.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime28th October 2013, 8:46 pm

Rebecca watched silently as she threw the prices out there. It was indeed possible for one to sell them for such a price, however, they could easily be sold at a higher cost. "600 for the fishnets...mmk, i can see how that could work. The shoe soles...chakra conductive, right? We could sell them higher most definitely. The arm guards might be able to be bumped up slightly, but they are averaged around 250ish, we could press 300 if we want, but meh. I think you should go 400, 250, 200. I could sell a minimum of one every time someone approaches us. What do you think?" It was a raise, and it could be charged quite well, each had their abilities, each had potential of use. Normal Armour pieces go for around 1000 from village shinobi, so 400 for a slice protection and 250 for arm guards. Its still better then the usual 2000. As for the shoes, its possible that many would be interested in their unique nature.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime29th October 2013, 12:36 am

Yeah that sounds good, I don't like selling my stuff too expensive anyways...well my basic stuff anyways, when I get actually worthwhile materials and make one of my beautiful armor sets then I'll have them pump out the Xel but this...this is shoddy work for me at best. Good for those who don't know what I can really do but I'm hoping the income would give me more materials to work with at a later date. Jasmine said with a smirk before she would tap each one of the materials on the floor and sealing them away with coded storage, luckily for her it was more of a strain to unseal the materials than it was to seal them so she wasn't winded at all by doing so. She would reach up and pet Flame, for now she would keep him but when she was making the armor she had considered killing him for parts but she decided she would save him until she got much better materials.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime29th October 2013, 1:21 am

Rebecca almost sighed as she listened, but refrained from doing so. This girl, she was far too nice for the selling game, fortunately she makes the products and does distribute them. "There is nothing wrong with selling things for a high price, if people buy them, your still doing them a favor." Rebecca almost spun on the spot, then turned to sit back in her cold spot. It was far to hot over near the flames. Both flames that is. "Your really good though, able to make such things in such a small amount of time. Its magnificent. And that disappear, reappear thing your doing, really cool." Jas had it going on you could say, Storage, check, skill, check, ideas, check, awesome Merchant, check. What a lucky young woman she was.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime29th October 2013, 1:29 am

Eh heh yeah I guess I am but that's why I have you right, you'll be like my awesome fence, manager, money handler. I make the stuff you sell it for cash and viola profit. I mean honestly as long as I get spending cash I'm good with that sort of ordeal, oh and resource cash because I can't make anything if I'm broke. Jasmine said as she rethought about the whole situation, to be frank she wasn't really that bad at spending money, it was just that as a kid everyone always chose things for her and when she finally got free she was able to make her own decisions, those decisions caused her to spend cash like water. It happened, but at the end of the day it was her money she did what she liked with it.

Oh that, yeah it's my signature forging style, eventually I'm planning on making a portable forge with a furnace, anvil and other things so that I can make more complex items but for now I'm okay with what I got, besides me an Catalyst go all the way back to the academy, it's my trusty tool.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime29th October 2013, 2:48 am

Rebecca sat quietly as she spoke, returning to playing with her stick and boot. "Fence? And what are you expecting to need a fence for miss?" An eyebrow raised, though Jasmine wouldn't see it, not with Bec sitting so far away in the dark. I'm half considering giving you an allowance. Lets see, from this haul we'll be making around...4700 Xel. Round that to 5000. Saving 2000 aside for more materials, leaving 3000. If we split that 50/50 its 1500 each of free spending money. Of course, that was a lie, Its basically 2000 will be reinvested, and her share of the remaining cash will simply be put away for further investment later. Meaning no spending money. But she doesn't need much anyway, until she is wealthy beyond measure, Bec will live on the bare minimum.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime29th October 2013, 10:34 pm

Eh you know fun stuff. Don't worry about it for now. Jasmine said with a smirk before stretching as forging was a lot of work especially when it was relatively a lot items in a short time, or maybe it was because she was a bit out of practice. Either way what Rebecca said was reasonable so she didn't say anything and merely hummed in agreement, she was suppressed a yawn before petting flame and resting her head on her pet. It's cold and I'm tired...goodnight Becca..

Exit
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime29th October 2013, 11:46 pm

Bec smirked, the night was over, Good. For the past 20 minutes or so, Bec has been beating back sleep just so she could watch Jasmine do her Smiting. Time to sleep. "Night." Without being picky, and already feeling quite comfortable, she would just lean back as she was, falling asleep comfortably well away from any source of heat. Even the bugs would keep their distance, with the flame generating their desired heat elsewhere. Eyes closed, she slept.

{Exit}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.   It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's freaking cold....we need to set up camp.
Page 1 of 1