Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

The Death Gate Legacy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mist

Mist

The Death Gate Legacy Empty
PostSubject: The Death Gate Legacy   The Death Gate Legacy Icon_minitime18th December 2012, 2:29 am

Here I will be doing a fanfic on a book series called the "Death Gate Cycle". This fanfic will have no Canon characters and no canon worlds. It is a complete alternate universe from the original bookseries. If you guys like this at all I'd recomend taking a look at the book series, its a great read and I've enjoyed it to no end. I'm writing this mainly to enjoy myself and I RARELY share what I write with other people, because In all honesty i'm not that great. Anyways you guys are free to post in this here topic with basic comments about it so far and stuff. Don't give me any grammar criticism please, as I'm just doing this for enjoyment, nothing special at all, I would however like some opinions on the Storyline, Characters, ect. I hope some of you read a little of it and hope you enjoy.

(IMPORTANT: For an explanation of the various races refer to this wiki page: http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_Gate_Cycle This is important as if you don't read about AT LEAST the Sartans and the Patryns, you'll be lost)
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: The Death Gate Legacy   The Death Gate Legacy Icon_minitime18th December 2012, 2:45 am

Prologue:

It is a dark time in the world of Desolaus. The Humans and the Elves are warring against eachother brutally. The Dwarves are taking advantage of this to make some coin, as they have been running blackmarket trades with both the humans and the elves, suppplying the Elves with Human supplies and vice versa. The King of the Humans has been too busy with the war to pay attention to crime, and as such it has spiked greatly. The Elven Clans that lead their people are too focused on the war to stop their own enchanters from selling enchanted weapons to dwarves, which in turn supply the humans with these powerful elven weapons. This war has begun to be called the 'War of Storms'. The reason for this name is that most of the battling is done high in the sky in the land between the Elven province and the Human province, this area is known as Drugar, it has massive thunderstorms over head at all times, making being in the air dangerous, this is what gives the war its name. Both races use large ships that have massive wings on either side, magically enhanced, to give the ship flight. While this war goes on, a group of people awaken from a long slumber, these people are not of the lesser races, but are Sartan. Meanwhile somewhere else three survivors of a long forgotten race awaken as well, these are the Patryns. The Patryns and Sartans are destined opponents and centuries ago that fought for power, ruling over the Humans, Dwarves, and the Elves, calling them these lesser races the 'Mensch'. One day both races disappeared, and over the centuries they were forgotten, never to be seen again... until now.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: The Death Gate Legacy   The Death Gate Legacy Icon_minitime18th December 2012, 3:10 am

Desolaus
Derukatar

Cyrus awoke with a start, his eyes opening quickly. He couldn't see anything, so he gave his eyes time to adjust. He still saw nothing, he grumbled under his breath realizing there was absolutely no light wherever he was. He reached his hands out and tried to find a wall, taking small, slow steps in an attempt to not stumble over anything. He felt around for a wall in the darkness, and eventually touched one. The surface was cool and smooth, it felt like rock, but it was too flat to be natural, so he knew he wasn't in a natural cave. Judging by the darkness and the feel of the wall he was underground in a room carved out into the stone. He pointed his index finger out and lightly touched the wall, then began tracing designs on it with his finger, then adding more fingers to the drawing to form the sigla faster. The strokes of his fingers flowed fluidly, no doubt because of his experience in the art of physical based Rune-Magic, Being a Patryn that is the first thing he was taught as a child.

Finishing his rune Cyrus stepped back and watched as it sprang to life, glowing with an illuminating blue that lit up the room before him. He blinked a few times, as the sudden change in light caused strain on his eyes. After some adjusting to his eyesight he looked around. As he thought he was in a room carved into stone, no doubt underground. There was a hallway leading out towards the northern end of the room, and the rest of the room was empty, except for one, ominous detail. There were three glass, at least it looked like glass, coffins lining the wall. One was empty, the other had two familiar faces in it. Both of the people were fellow Patryns, and close friends of Cyrus. The one in the middle was Exar, a strong man who, although Cyrus would never admit to it, was equally strong as Cyrus. The person on the right was a fair skinned female Patryn, her name was Sylvanus. She too was powerful, her form of magic was based on Illusions, it was a branch of Patryn Rune-Magic that she had created herself, she was the only person to ever learn it, because she never taught it to anyone else.

Cyrus took a step back and blinked a few times, hoping his eyes were playing tricks on him, much to his discontentment, they weren't. But why? Why were his friends in these strange coffins? He tryed to think back, to remember what happened before he went to sleep. A few brief images flashed through his mind. The first was the image of Sartan, the Patryn's mortal enemies. In the memory the Sartan were performing massive spell, a huge group of the Sartan, all adding their magic together, their bodies moving smoothly, tracing sigla with their hands and feet. Just as quick as it came the image went away, replaced by another. In this one he was in a single file line, Patryns were the only ones in the line, and at the end were Sartan, doing something with the Patryns. That image left him as well, and he was left, wondering what the hell it all meant. They were memories he knew, but they made no sense, and that was all he could seem to remember. Cyrus couldn't remember anything about what had happened before he awoke. He knew his name, he knew what he was, he knew who the people before him were, but there seemed to be a huge chunk of his memory what was simply gone, he wanted to think about it and try to figure out what had happened but he pushed it out of his mind for the moment and decided he needed to figure out if his friends were even alive. He stepped up to the coffin of Sylvanus and went to place a hand on the glass, but before he even touched it the translucent cover began to rise.

Surprised at the sudden movement in the normally still room, Cyrus took a step back, watching as the covers of both coffins slowly rose. his eyes briefly caught a glimpse of runes on the inside of the coffins, but they quickly faded away. He assumed they were what kept them asleep, but the runes were Patryn runes. Why would his own kind put themselves to sleep? The fact he couldn't remember anything really pissed him off, and he felt utterly helpless at this point. As the covers reached the peak of their lift the eyes of Exar and Sylvanus opened, as if on cue. "Hey..." he said to them, somehow managing to make the already awkward situation worse. Sylvanus stepped out of the coffin and looked around the room, and then directed her attention to Cyrus. "Where are we?" she asked, furrowing her brow unconsciously. Sylvanus was a beautiful woman, although most Patryn women were, as their skin is almost always flawless. She had long brown hair down to about the middle of her back that ended in white tips as all Patryn's hair does, and she had icy blue eyes that gave Cyrus the chills, especially when she was angry. Exar didn't say a word, he just came up beside Sylvanus and nodded to show that he too was curious about their location. "I uh... I know just about as much as you two..." he said, looking at them helplessly. Sylvanus gave him a skeptical look while Exar took a look around and quickly understood the situation. "Ahh... I see, you emerged from one of the glass coffins as well..." he said observantly. Sylvanus looked at the coffins as well and noticed the third one that Cyrus came from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Death Gate Legacy   The Death Gate Legacy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Death Gate Legacy
Page 1 of 1