Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

[Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

[Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Empty
PostSubject: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime13th February 2018, 11:05 am

Noah stepped up over to the front of the ship, taking a look back at her two friends and crew mates doing what they each did best. For that brief moment they were dropping from nothing she had forgotten about their lost member, but now the danger, or the immediate danger, was over it began to settle back in again. With only one island nearby it was obvious where they were heading, and from the way their landing had gone down she felt they would need to dock to make repairs and recuperate. But she hoped to get some alone time so she might do some physical training. She had seen how a true Metal Fruit user fights, and she... she was being too simple. She needed to create herself a better fighting style, to better understand her fruit. But Auro and Avi were busy, she would tell them that later. She didn't feel the need to worry about them leaving her behind now. Though she did have that little thought in the back of her mind, hoping they wouldn't blame her for losing Blaise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime14th February 2018, 4:25 pm

Avi felt for a gust of wind. Well, there was one there, but it was a low wind and not exactly helpful. Avi hopped down from the mast, spinning and landing cleanly on her feet. She stepped around in a large circle before twisting suddenly to let out a gust of wind towards the sails and pushing the ship to the island. To keep the wind going, she’d repeat a slow step around and a sudden push with a twist to create another burst until they beached.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime19th February 2018, 2:13 pm

"Once we dock... We're gonna take a break, get some sleep, something to eat and drink." Aurora said after a while, weariness obvious in her voice. She had slumped over the wheel of the ship, everything that had happened had taken a hefty toll on her. "We need... We need to talk about what's happened and the plan going forwards. I plan on selling this ship, we can't sustain it with the crew we've got. I'll look to hire on some swabbies and we'll downgrade to a more manageable ship. I'll fill you in on the rest of my plans later." She told them as they continued to head towards the Island. Sadness weighed heavily in her chest but she had to continue to be in command and keep them on track or they'd get lost in the grief and the darkness. She couldn't let that happen, they'd get past this and they'd get strong enough to get revenge on those bastards, she was damn sure of it.
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime23rd February 2018, 2:01 pm

Noah gave a little cheer at their captain's orders of rest. Ok it might not have been an order, but Noah would argue otherwise. She looked more intently though at what she continued in to. She nodded and looked back around them at the ship. It was an amazing ship, but she could also understand why they had to get a new ship. They were only three woman strong, and none of them could really maintain such a ship. She raised a hand, pressing two fingers to her forehead in a small salute. "Yes Ma'am."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime24th February 2018, 2:24 am

Avisa figured there was enough wind driving the ship to shore and stopped, walking closer to Auro and then sitting down on the deck. Auro was right, the ship was too big for the three of them. It did what it needed to, which was get them the hell out to sea to get them to start exploring. Now it was a little more than a bother in terms of maintenance and it was recognisable with their current bounty. Not only was there now the risk of fighting more bounty hunters, but Avi could feel tension about that group they ran into that took Blaise away. They had to get revenge for him...her...they? Whatever. All she knew is that they needed to get back at them for what they did to their crew member.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime28th February 2018, 3:10 pm

Every creak and groan from the ship elicited a cringe from Aurora, certain that the ship was going to fall apart but thankfully it seemed fine. The port drew closer and closer and some of the weight started to lift. Having somewhere to sleep and some hot food in her belly would definitely help. A little bit of alcohol and Avisa's company would be a magnificent bonus. She brushed her hair away from her face and stood up straight, pulling the ship around and into the port to get it docked. "Someone get the anchor ready and toss it once we're slowing, bring down the sails so we can coast in." She called out, after gently ruffling Avisa's hair. "We can rest when we're dead or in port, whichever one comes first." She declared, swinging the wheel around to let them drift in.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime2nd March 2018, 12:54 pm

They would eventually settle in the snow covered island with a massive anchor seemingly erected in the center of the place, however now that they were closer they could see that the anchor had numerous lights coming from it as if it wasn't simply a hunk of metal covered with snow but something more. Either way there were some people at the docks all of which would turn to see the new arrival as there weren't any marines on this island and seeing as the new arrivals were in such a vessel it did pique their interest. One of such individuals was a long time resident of the island who had been down on luck as Shrimpton consolidated his hold over it. She was a Shipwright at least she considered herself one and while she had been in the process of building herself a vessel to get off of this horrid island she had ran out of materials or rather the money to buy more materials since she had been blacklisted by the shops and thus things were now overpriced. But if there were marines hopefully they could do something about it or at the very least she could find work if they were trying to salvage that wreck of a ship they had.

[i]"Hopefully they'll be interested" she thought to herself as she knew she stood out among the residents of Anchor Island. The vast majority of them were Beasts, and being the lone Zireh she tended to stand out especially with her shiny brown skin tone and her pink hair with a yellow streak in it. Thus she would try to act as if she was doing something and hopefully her odd appearance among the generally Aqua Tribe Faunus who milled about along the docks and the rest of the town would attract them to her. She would steal glances at the ship, and she knew if they wanted to keep that thing they would have to pay an arm and a leg to keep it afloat, even with her prices it would still cost a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime3rd March 2018, 6:43 am

"I got it," Noah saluted their captain as she made her way over towards the anchor to drop it. Avi did her job, thinking she was probably gonna deal with the sails. Auro did hers in taking them in. Noah still didn't really have much of a job on the ship yet, besides looking pretty of course. As they slipped in, she let the anchor drop for what could be the last time. A little part of her felt sad about that, and so once it was down she would make a little wander around the ship. She needed something to remember it by if they had to scale down. She went wandering around, finding a simple loose bolt in one of the corners; nothing dangerous if they did come back, and a broken bolt any way that took on an interesting shape from warping. She slipped it in to her pocket, hoping to make jewelry with it later.

"Hey, I'll meet you guys at the tavern later," Noah said back as they began to disembark, a wide smirk on her face in much the same way as when they encountered the privateer lieutenant. The Zireh girl certainly stood out, and of course that was enough that Noah took notice. She stepped up quickly and confidently, which alone was terribly difficult as her outfit was definitely not made for the colder climate. "Well aren't you a pretty thing, you a local? Or are you perhaps a traveller like us?" She was more curious than anything, but flirting was just way too easy a way to ask questions. Plus she really was pretty. But really, who wasn't to Noah?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime5th March 2018, 3:28 pm

Avisa’s feathers on the top of her head slowly rose up as Aurora ruffled it, a subtle sign that it made her happy. She hopped up to tie the sails down, swinging from the ropes with wings outstretched to glide a little more than fall. With the sails done, she made sure they were tied and then stretched as she walked back towards the captain. ”Don’t have too much fun without us Noah.”, she called back. A small shiver forced Avisa’s feathers to ripple, the iridiscence catching light with a soft blue-green shimmer all over before returning to its sleek black appearance with the bluegreen only showing at a specific angle. ”It’s a little chilly here.”, she muttered, but it wasn’t bothering her all too much.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime7th March 2018, 6:15 pm

The Captain stepped down from the ship and scanned around with a loud sigh, a shiver running down her spine as her breath misted out in front of her. She too had spotted the strange woman and she held her arm out across Noah's chest for a moment as she went to walk towards her. "Find out what she knows about this island and see if she knows anyone we can sell this ship off to. Once that's done you can have your fun." She said in a whisper before nodding to Noah and then walking off. She shoved her hands into her pockets and jogged to catch up to Avisa. "Hey, sweetheart, go see if you can scrounge up some food and supplies, we shouldn't stick around here for too long. Noah's asking that odd-looking girl. I'm going to go see if there are other ships... If anything, we'll sell our old one and steal another." She laughed quietly and shrugged before nudging Avisa to get her moving.

Aurora then turned and started to move back towards the port, heading out across the docks to see if there was anyone around that she could talk to and get some more information from.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime23rd March 2018, 8:07 am

"I'm sort of local but not by choice, the name's Sandy you? Sandy said in reply to the other girls interest as it seemed like her appearance did stand out enough to attract their notice now was the perfect chance to bring up the ship though only after Noah replied. "Your poor ship looks like it's been through some rough times, what happened were you all attacked by Pirates or something? Though if you don't want to tell me that's fine you are in luck though I happen to be the best shipwright on this island if I may say so myself. Although in my expert opinion while I don't think she'll be sailing ever again you can get some good Niikos if you choose to salvage her for parts." she said hoping that they'll see that she was really offering them a chance to make a profit especially since they'd be able to buy another ship from someone else on the island. That way she got to them first and got the needed materials to finish building her ship and they got cash to get them another standard privateer vessel so they could continue their service of the shogun. Though looking at how they were dressed they didn't seem to be privateers but that might be because they wanted to go low-key and didn't wear their uniforms.

Meanwhile as Aurora walked down the docks she would see that other than Sandy all the other inhabitants of this island were Beasts, mainly humanoid ones but occasionally others would be seen mainly used for transportation or manual labor. There seemed to be a couple of shops one looking like a large treasure chest with windows and an entrance while another in the distance looked like a massive bucket with a fist holding on to it. Truly the construction within this island was quite weird, as for the ships there didn't really seem to be anything worth of note as their current ship seemed to be the best thing on the island. Well for combat at least, since it seemed that there were a couple of civilian vessels mainly being couple of boats, a few sailboats and even a Carrack. All in all they didn't seem that out of place besides the fact that they were clearly not members of the Aqua or Terra Tribe of Beasts unlike the majority of the population of this island.
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime23rd March 2018, 8:31 am

"Pff, yeah we had a bit of combat with the water when she crash landed," Noah had little care for divulging that little bit of information, although it seemed her initial flirts weren't quite as clear as she might've hoped. But it was nothing out of the ordinary. "We got dragged along by some big fish thing, went through some gateway, enjoyed the stars and the silence up real close, really thought about how my life really coulda ended out there and nobody would ever know, got pooped out not too far off of the island. Dropped a double dozen feet to do it but who's counting." She glanced back to the ship that had saved their lives, making mental note as if it was the last time she'd see her. "My crew and I are looking to upgrade. Or... downgrade really. There's only the three of us and whilst the captain knows how to steer and we got a navigator, we don't really have anyone who can take on maintenance purposes as you can probably see from the ship being a little messed up, so if you know someone who's willing to pay well to take her off our hands I'm sure my captain would be appreciative," She looked back then just to glance at what her two faunus companions were doing for the moment and just hoped they might stay out of trouble. "Oh, but how silly of me. My name's... Noah." She debated using her pseudonym, but she didn't really feel like it was needed here. Though then the conversation replayed in her mind, and she had other little ideas. "So you're a shipwright yourself huh? Damn, you must be real good with your hands then. Tell you what, why don't we take a look at the ship. Get an expert opinion close up on what we can salvage. Maybe have a drink whilst we're at it," Ever the flirt Noah was, she turned any possible advantage in to a chance to gain someone's affection. In this case however her goal really was quite innocent; flirt a little to see if she could get someone who apparently was the best on the island, relay how much they'd get for the ship, perhaps even get them a discount on a new ship if the flirting went over well enough. And maybe, just maybe, get a cuddle buddy for an hour or so because DAMN was the island cold.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime24th March 2018, 6:42 pm

Food? Oh no problem! Avisa got up with a slight groan, she actually just wanted to find a perch to laze on. She walked down the docks to find a lot of animalistic civilians here. Sweet. Actually, Noah was the only one relatively human here. Eh, whatever. Avi was on a search for something to munch on. Now, let's see here.. There was uhhh... Uuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Is that a fucking bucket? Why is there a giant bucket here? With.. a fist around the handle? You know, the name "Chum" Bucket can go one of two ways, and Avi was pretty sure it wasn't the word that meant friends. Nope. Not risking getting a vom platter. Listen, if Avi wanted to be baby-birded, she'd do that with Auro, and she knew Auro wouldn't do that unless Avi was incapable of feeding herself. So with that she went into the treasure chest with a giant shell sign and large glass panels. Seemed to be more activity there anyways.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime24th March 2018, 7:29 pm

What strange places on this island. At least she was among other Beasts though, that was nice to see. Almost felt like she was back with her tribe but... The species differences were pretty glaring. Her smile turned into a frown pretty quickly as she realised she'd never be able to go home but she'd make a new one, she'd promised Avisa that much. Shaking her head to clear her thoughts she shoved her hands in her pockets and moved down to walk along the docks, checking for the first Captain that she saw that looked to be decently wealthy or at least had a smaller ship, something closer to the lines of a sloop or a Schooner. "Ho there! Ye wouldn't happen to be looking to upgrade your ship now would ye? The seas are pretty dangerous and getting something bigger under ye might be the difference between losing yer cargo or keeping it, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime29th March 2018, 10:05 am

"Oh wow that sounds like quite an adventure" Sandy said not realizing that she was being flirted with only that she began to see Noah's attractiveness. Still she had to focus after all she wanted to see if she was interested in selling her ship for scrap otherwise well there was little point talking to her. However her worries were dismissed when Noah invited her to take a look at the vessel causing her to nod and take a walk with her. "Yes, it really has taken a beating. In my expert opinion it's not salvageable the best you can do is really sell it for scrap and then try to use the money to buy a new one." she said once they got to the ship and she took a long look at it she would turn to noah before wordlessly asking if she could come aboard as she wanted to see the desk and see exactly what parts weren't messed up.

Meanwhile Avisa would stumble into the treasure chest with a clam sign and upon entering she was right to see that it was something of a busy place but it had a cheery environment and people seemed to enjoy the food. Speaking of that while she outwardly didn't seem like she was that hungry the aroma
of good food would cause her tummy to rumble. The only individuals who drew her attention was what seemed to be a Aqua Tribe member who was acting as the server and a whistling individual in the back who also looked like he was from the Aqua Tribe despite his distinct appearance. She likewise would notice that no one seemed to look away from their food when she entered as if she weren't important enough to spare a glance.

The first person she talked to wasn't a captain in the strictest sense of the term but more like someone hired to well, transport goods while the real owner of the ship dealt with other things. "Uh, no I think I'm okay. Bigger ships are too slow and I just need a transport vessel lest some Privateer, Pirate or Bounty Hunter think I'm one of them with a ship capable of actually manning cannons. You know?" the guy said in a mousy voice, before looking around before trying to make his get away. If she was paying attention to her surroundings she would notice that when she talked a couple of the people at the docks at looked at her and then proceeded to walk away to try and do something else for some reason. Nonetheless the only ship which seemed appropriate for her was really the Carrack but it was still a civilian vessel so unless she wanted to try for that it seemed like they were stuck here for the foreseeable future. That is unless there were a way for them to get a new ship whether built for them or though other means like waiting for another group to arrive on the island.
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime29th March 2018, 5:03 pm

"Damn. Well I can't say it wasn't at least worth a shot," Noah shrugged it off. It wasn't that she didn't trust Auro's judgement, they knew they'd be getting rid of the ship any way but she supposed it meant they wouldn't get quite as much. She took another glance back towards the island, getting the last look at her fellow crew members for the moment before waving the girl up on to the ship behind her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime29th March 2018, 6:21 pm

Oh the amount of concentration on their food was perfect for some good old fashioned pick pocketing! She’d only hope that the staff weren’t paying attention. The waterfaunus manning the cashier register seemed rather bored with life, while the other behind the kitchen doors was more than thrilled with his work. Even at the entrance she could hear him piping at the top of his lungs, man must be in some kind of groove to work like that. But even then, with all the traffic, it didn’t seem like anyone took their food out to-go. Instead they sat down and ate at the tables, nothing unfinished and nothing saved for later. Avisa quietly backed out of the building, standing next to the door to ponder whether or not she would try to get something to-go, assuming it was taboo, or to fetch Auro and Noah and eat inside like the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime4th April 2018, 2:15 pm

Aurora ground her teeth together as she was shoved off so rudely, her fingers curling in her pockets. She needed to remember that she was currently pretty unknown, she'd need to change that sometime. She wasn't sure why people were running away from her though, that was starting to grate on her. She snapped her head to the side, eyes taking in all the movement before she stormed over to the largest, most intimidating person that had moved away to do other stuff. Stepping over she planted her hand on their chest and shoved them back a few steps, or would try to anyway. "Spill it. What's your fucking issue with me? You'll tell me now or I'll start inflicting harm until I force you to tell me, you understand?" She snarled, baring her teeth and putting her hand on the butt of one of her pistols. Maybe when she was younger and smaller she would take shit like this from people but she was older, angrier and much, much more dangerous. She wouldn't let anyone treat her like shit, not anymore.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime12th April 2018, 8:05 pm

"Well, the mast is salvageable at least, as for the rest of the ship yeah better for spare parts and what not. But this is good metal, standard issue Privateer ship I can see that it was already in disrepair before it got worse. For instance there are several layers missing but like there is obviously a lot of cannons missing from the slots on the ship." Sandy said observing every nook and cranny of the ship. She had an inkling that they weren't Privateers based on just that, but that was fine she had no love for them after all they were paid off by Shrimpton just like everyone else on this island. "So are you authorized for sales or do I have to wait for your Captain first?"

-------------------------
As Avisa would wait outside she would see that some people would actually leave the restaurant however their eyes seemed glassy as if they weren't in complete control of themselves. They would stumble off heading into the distance and yet something just seemed off, if she decided to peer back in people would be animated just until they finished their meal and then they'd become lifeless and stare blankly into the distance.

-------------------------

It would seem that Captain Auro seemed slighted in some way however the person she chose was something of a gentle giant. He would back down immediately after seeing her glare and tears would appear in his eyes. "Wha.. no no don't hurt me I'm just a dockworker what did I do to you! Someone help me she wants to take my virginity!" he said putting his hands both in front of his crotch and over his butt. The rest of the dockworkers would either openly laugh, shake their heads and continue doing their work or actually take him seriously and scurry off.
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime19th May 2018, 12:49 pm

Noah rolled her eyes and made a hissing noise. She wanted to say that she could do the sale, but she also knew Auro would be PISSED if she did. She'd taken the initiative in a way, neither of her crew mates could argue that though they would likely catch on that this was kind of luck and a result of her simple flirting with the first pretty girl she could find. "Yeah, I probably shouldn't." She said and began leading the other to leave the ship, with Noah just looking out and trying to remember where she saw Auro heading. It didn't seem too hard, smirking and rolling her eyes as it was clear that every member was a trouble maker. This crew was awesome.

"Hey! Miss Horny-Butt!" She knew she'd get yelled at for that, but it was clear just who Noah meant, and it would much more easily catch her attention. She decended to the dock again, making sure that the other girl was nearby and not too far away, and leading her towards her captain. "Got a sales lady right here to talk about our past, present and future ship,"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime20th May 2018, 11:16 pm

Okay maybe vombucket didn’t seem as bad a choice if this place was making fucking ZOMBIES. Avisa’s wings flittered and she decided to head back to the docks and find Auro. This place began making the bird uncomfortable and she wouldn’t ever want to put the Silver Spire under whatever dumb voodoo magic is taking over the place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes   [Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Anchor Island] The Legacy Freezes
Page 1 of 1