Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

By the Blade [Dual Training]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blade

Blade

By the Blade [Dual Training] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: By the Blade [Dual Training]   By the Blade [Dual Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th September 2022, 2:03 pm

No balking, in fact Indra seemed to be on board with the plan. Was there something hidden behind his expressions? Was he trying to find a way to turn her in? Paranoia started to mount in Seiko's mind until she snuffed it like a candle, stomping it out instantly. If he became a problem she would deal with him, however he seemed willing to help and that was all she needed for now. Trust could come later. She gave a firm nod to him and then stood up, stepping off to the side and summoning a Golem. This one was different, it seemed almost incomplete. There were blue accents, heavy plating across its body and particularly large, embossed pauldrons, however it didn't seem as ready for combat as Tristan had. "I can give you a list, Indra, however any of the Erlang dojutsu would help, Juryoku markings, Bakuhatsu Clay, Fushicho Glass... Anything like that, manifestations of Kekkai Genkai in more physical forms, I can likely do something with."

She hopped up onto the Golem's back and stomped on a plate, causing it to slide aside. She reached down and pulled one of the drives out before tapping her own chest and pulling out a Core. She slammed the Core home and slid the Drive back in before repeating it twice more, once with each Drive. With that done she slid the plate closed and hopped down in front of the Golem before turning towards it and resummoning her sword. "Glory to the Round Table, by the power invested in me I invoke the command words "Ferrus Invictus" and knight you as the stalwart guardian; Sir Galahad." Seiko intoned, tapping her sword onto the Knight's shoulders before holding it skyward, whereupon a massive shield, well over ten feet tall, manifested from code and slammed down into the ground. There was a hiss of servos and motors as plates slid into place, fingers articulated and a massive crest of blue horsehair slid out of the top of the helm and locked into place. Now fully complete, the Knight stood up and picked up its shield before bowing to Seiko. She returned it to storage and turned to Indra, giving him a smile. "Sorry, I needed to get that done sooner rather than later. Sir Gaheris is next on the list, followed by Sir Lamorak or Sir Lancelot, haven't fully decided. Oh and if you were wondering about my list, you would get first chance at anything you bring in, I will only use what you don't want."

Info:
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: By the Blade [Dual Training]   By the Blade [Dual Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th September 2022, 9:07 am

Indra put his hands on his head in thought, mulling over the list of potential targets Seiko had rattled off. It seemed she'd take almost anything, so long as they were unique and something she didn't already have access to. Although there were obviously a few that she had a particular interest in and some he hadn't even heard of before. Bakuhatsu clay? As in the explody people? Couldn't he just go buy a bag of clay from them or was there something more to it than that? As far as he knew, their only Kekkei Genkai was the Explosive Nature Release. Fushicho Glass would be a problem too. He was fairly certain that wasn't a Kekkei Genkai, but the clans Kekkei Tota. It would be quite difficult to find someone with that, never mind killing them or at least defeating them.

Indra watched with genuine amazement as Seiko knighted a new knight. It was a spectacle that he somehow felt he shouldn't see, almost private yet truly glorious. When she was done and returned her attention to him, the young Erlang nodded, That seems like a fair payment. I have to say though, you have some rich tastes. Some of that stuff is going to be hard to get my hands on, but once I'm a Tokubetsu Jonin, I should be able to accompany Hunter Nin on missions and we'll see what I can do from there. I'm also a little hesitant to bring back Erlang, criminals or not. It feels...somehow like a betrayal. He decided. Though not completely against the idea, an Erlang certainly wouldn't be his first target for Seiko.

It truly doesn't matter whether the...er...sample is alive or dead? Dead would probably be easier to transport, but if alive is preferred I can at least try. Also, did the village sign off on this? Indra asked, suddenly becoming aware that while in theory, it sounded altruistic to hunt down criminals and use their gifts to better the Republic, laws within the Republic could be...tricky at times. He didn't want to get into trouble by mentioning his goal to some Hunter-Nin or someone else on a mission with him if this was more of a grey area situation.
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: By the Blade [Dual Training]   By the Blade [Dual Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th September 2022, 9:28 am

Seiko spent a moment blinking almost in confusion before she reached up and adjusted her glasses with a tap from the knuckle of her index finger. "Apologies Indra, that was crass of me, call it a lapse of concentration, I forgot I was actually talking to an Erlang and a well respected one at that. I should be a bit more careful with my words. As for the legality of this all? The Republic has never had any issues with transplants or things like the ability of a Dakar or Soulless to absorb elements. Now this generally isn't the case for actual village on village combat but if you kill a Missing Nin, you are generally entitled to their equipment and what to do with their body, otherwise it's just burned. Pragmatism is one of the marks of the Shinobi, we use everything at our disposal." She spent a moment in silence before giving a shrug and smirking. "Of course, if little things get lost in transit or the damage to the body causes certain traits to appear to be missing... Well that's just the cost of battle, no?"

There was more she wasn't saying but there was a lot she didn't want to mention. She chewed over her thoughts and the ball of metal that was sitting on the countertop of her workshop back home, the culmination of her research and the fusion of two different Rikigaku Wings. "Living or dead both work, I can do some more interesting things with a living sample of course, understand rejection reactions, see exactly where to connect nerves, see if I need to use my flesh-metal to enhance the cybernetic connection. Also, if there are targets you are unwilling to go after, do tell me. It's very likely I'll be asking my apprentices to assist me as well and I will of course be taking the field myself to collect samples. As Knight-Commander it's my duty to keep my warriors safe after all. I understand some of the things I'm looking for are... Difficult to get a hold of it's true and that only gets worse with my more advanced Knights but it will be worth it in the end. Once I begin my creation of the Heavensward I will introduce you, they are magnificent." There was an almost childlike glee in her eyes as she said that, sweeping ideas of her glorious soldiers standing at the ready flashing in her mind's eye.

"I feel I should also mention, I am more than happy to perform transplants or any other medical procedures you wish for you in return for this and keep you topped up with medical grade combat pills and the like." After taking her seat back on the wall, Seiko folded her hands in her lap and focused on Indra. She hadn't been expecting him to be on board with all of this, was there something he was specifically hunting for? Was there a lust for power in his eyes? She knew the Erlang were often very competitive, was that what was in play right now? She could use that for sure but it also meant she had to keep herself useful or find herself at the wrong side of those eyes. Plans and blueprints drifted through her mind, perhaps she would need to install things like that, the thought didn't reassure her.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: By the Blade [Dual Training]   By the Blade [Dual Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th September 2022, 10:04 am

Seiko had already alluded to her offer of payment back at the clinic some weeks ago, but hearing it spelled out for him and reinforced was hard to ignore. Indra had never craved power, not consciously anyway. He had dedicated himself to training and growing stronger as often as he physically could, but it wasn't for any particular reason. It was the way he had been raised, that time spent not improving was simply time wasted. His goals, his aspirations, none of them revolved around attaining more power. Though, truth be told he had no idea what exactly his goals were currently. He'd find a way to make her answer for what she did, both metaphorically and literally once he eventually caught the woman who brought him into this world, but beyond that...

His mind wandered and his thoughts trailed off before he rounded back to reality. Regardless of his goals, working under someone powerful like Seiko would bring both great potential and even some form of danger. Transplants and cybernetic enhancements were great, but these things usually came with a catch. He wanted to trust Seiko implicitly, thus far she had given him no reason not to, but still he was cautious. For now, he would try this arrangement out and seek subjects for her to utilize. From there...only time would tell. That sounds like a fair trade to me. Truth be told, just the offer of those medical combat pills is enough for the time being. I think I could use some of those before the exams. Three battles back to back with no rest? That's going to take a toll for sure. He cracked a smile and put his hands on his head, taking a more relaxed stance after a rather deep and somewhat dark conversation, Heck, I'll take anything else you can offer before these exams, even if it's just advice.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: By the Blade [Dual Training]   By the Blade [Dual Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th September 2022, 10:47 am

"Consider it done, I'll have some Military Rations sent to you, I've recently got my salary in and with my rank increase I have... More money than I was expecting burning a hole in my pocket, so I might as well put it to use. Consider it my blessing and my belief in you passing your exams, hm?" She smiled and gave a soft chuckle. "For what I can offer right now? It is unfortunately limited, I can't exactly let you borrow one of my Knights as amusing as that would be and my cybernetics are still in early stages. Advice I do have, however. If you are facing three battles in a row then your first is where you need to be most careful. Your enemies are likely to try and remove you as quickly as possible, if they are smart they will try and conserve energy, if they aren't then they'll try and turn you to ash so watch yourself and pace yourself, use techniques with little drain if you have them or use something you can regain quickly such as fatigue via resting. Your second battle you are likely to face someone who is tired, they'll be playing cautious, play into that, try and get them talking. One distraction, one moment where they think they can rest... And they're naught but prey to you." Her voice was cold and clinical as she spoke, remembering back to her own recent examination and how she dealt with threats there, multiple fights, though to be fair she had a team around her and a different focus within that fight.

"The last fight? Go all out. You can have all the time to rest you want after you've been promoted, so throw out everything you have to ensure that victory. It might not be pretty, you might want to die after it, especially if you get a chakra exhaustion migraine but the freedoms you'll gain will be more than worth it, that I can assure you." She let that sit for a moment before following it up. "Oh and if you lose anything, do let me know so I can work on fixing that for you sooner rather than later. Do you have any last questions for me?"
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: By the Blade [Dual Training]   By the Blade [Dual Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th September 2022, 10:58 am

It seemed obvious but in truth, Indra hadn't considered that his fellow opponents would also be preparing to fight three opponents. He had been so concerned with the idea of having to fight, he had simply assumed each opponent would be well rested from the get go, no matter what stage he was on at the time of facing them. Of course it made sense that they would be just as tired as he was during each round and this introduced a new level of planning he hadn't considered. He could now focus on going on the offensive rather than the defensive as he had been so wrapped up in before. Honestly, Seiko's advice had probably been even more helpful than the pills she would be sending over to him.

Of course, Miss Seiko, thank you. I'm honored you think highly enough of me to not only say such kind words of encouragement and advice but gift me with these pills before I've even proven myself useful to you. I'm looking forward to this future relationship, er- working relationship that is. He stammered, realizing what he had unintentionally insinuated. Quickly, he bowed to hide his embarrassment and also show his thanks. Speaking of rest though, that spar took more out of me than I was expecting. I'm going to head home now unless there's anything else I can do to be of service? I'll get in touch again as soon as I've passed my exams. Indra said with a smile before turning to leave.

[exit as long as Seiko doesn't interrupt/stop him]

Techs Learned:

Last edited by Kenji on 16th September 2022, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: By the Blade [Dual Training]   By the Blade [Dual Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th September 2022, 11:08 am

"You've proven yourself more than useful already, Indra, worry not. I hope to hear back about your promotion very soon, you've got a bright future and I'll make sure to help you make it all the brighter." It seemed like Seiko hadn't even noticed the slip up at all though to be fair, she hardly cared about it. She wasn't one for romantic relationships anyway and she was pretty sure no one would consider her for one anyway, which suited her just fine. She gave a small wave to Indra as he left before rolling her shoulders and letting out a soft sigh.

Sir Galahad reappeared next to her and kneeled, allowing Seiko to climb up onto his shoulder and sit down, legs dangling. "We'll need to be careful but I have to admit, it's nice having friends. Come along Sir Galahad, I've got a little bit of shopping to do and then I can continue working on my Frames." She tapped the Knight's helm and he stood before turning and marching off back into Kohaigakure.

Techs Learned:

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: By the Blade [Dual Training]   By the Blade [Dual Training] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

By the Blade [Dual Training]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2