Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Connecting Resonance

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hatta

Hatta

Connecting Resonance  Empty
PostSubject: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime6th August 2018, 4:50 pm

Start of a beautiful day. Is what someone normal would say. People were out and about and then their was Zeke. He had just graduated from the academy and was a full fledge genin. It was... exciting. Zeke could crack a smile to himself when no one was looking. He wish he could tell Jeri. Where ever they may be... no time to dwell on that Zeke decided to go look for his best friend and partner. He took a knock at her door and waited to see if she was in her dorm. Weird rules didn’t let them sleep in the same room anymore. Adults are so strange...
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime6th August 2018, 4:53 pm

Zena lay in her bed, fast asleep and dreaming. In her dream she was locked into battle with a very short bald monk. "SOLAR FLARE" he called out before a burning light appeared and Zena felt like her face was on fire. She woke up immediately to the bright sunshine out her window blinding her in the face. "Gah! I really need to get black out curtains..." she muttered drowsily. There was a knock on her door before she even had a moment to collect herself. Making her way over to the door she pulled it open with a grump face, still in her PJs which made her look even younger than she was, especially considering how tiny she was.

The PJs were light blue with monkeys and bananas all over them. This combined with a single bit of hair sticking straight up made her look her like a toddler that just woke up. "What do you wan-" she stopped herself realizing who was at her door, it was Zeke, her oniisa- her comrade. She was still grumpy but his face always brought light to her dark world. "Morning..." she said, looking to the side, blushing slightly. He was probably used to seeing her like this by now due to how much she oversleeps and has to get woken up, but it was still embarrassing. "I uh... was I supposed to be dressed and ready to go already? Can I just be a sword today I don't wanna present myself ughhh" she said grumpily. Of course she couldn't spend the whole day in sword form but it was a nice thought.
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime6th August 2018, 4:54 pm

Zeke was in the midst of thought. Namely. He really needed to fix his sleep schedule. It was early for anyone. But for a while now his body forced him to wake up at day break. He’d been that way since he began his academy training. He hoped it was just his spirit being resolute and not some other horrifying implication. The door swung open and he could hear it already in her voice. He was being a pain first thing in the morning. Zeke let his smile slip and he stifled a laugh.

“Morning Zena.” His hand outreaches from under his pitch black cloak and he pats the top of her head. “Sorry. Didn’t mean to wake you.” He said as he returned his hand underneath his cloak. “You’re fine. I’ve just been rather jumpy for the past while. We’re finally genin!” He said with such vigor and enthusiasm before realizing he was still outside. He cleared his throat. “Eh-hem. Can you let me in. We gotta talk!” Zeke turned back stoic and but kept a slight smirk.

Assuming she’d say yes he simply took a step in. “Thanks.” He said in a heart beat as honestly he wanted to geek out. Once comfortably inside he took off his cloak and put it to the side. A sign of trust since that cloak was his weapon but then again. So was she. He took a seat on the closest chair she had and looked up at the ceiling. “So heard any rumors about the teams? I already KNOW we’re in a team. But teams are made of 3... any idea who it could be?” He asked naively, he was genuinely curious.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime6th August 2018, 4:56 pm

"We're finally Genin" Zena had completely forgotten, or more accurately, she was still half asleep and hadn't remembered the events of the day before yet. Yes at last, they were genin. It felt like it took forever, but realistically they achieved it much faster than average academy students. It only made sense though, Academy life was unbelievably easy compared to the hellish nightmare their lives had been before. Jeri came to mind for a brief moment but Zena immediately shut it out, pushed it away. That was how she handled pain, was it unhealthy? Probably, but it was the only way she felt she could cope.

Of course she opened the door wide and let Zeke in before closing it behind him. Her dorm wasn't very big, and the only place to sit was her bed. She specifically chose the spot out of the sun glaring in from the window and sat down. She was curious what he wanted to talk about, although she could make a couple guesses as to what. Perhaps their first mission together as genin? The thought of it made her feel excited, she couldn't wait to fight by his side, maybe they could actually get some interesting missions instead of lame errand running. Zena was tough, but she was still very small, manual labor wasn't really something she was suited for doing, and poofing into a giant 6 foot sword didn't really do much in those sorts of missions.

What Zeke had to say however, had nothing to do with missions, he instead asked about team composition. Zena of course, differed from Zeke in a couple ways. One of the big ones was she enjoyed their solitude, just him and her, forever. That was her ideal world, and anyone coming into the middle of that was not welcome in her heart. This is why she despised Jeri for the first few months, of course that changed eventually, but her hatred of people had increased significantly since then as well. "Hmph... I haven't heard anything but hopefully whoever it is they stay out of my way." she sneered. In regards to that topic Zena cared less about their teammate and more about who their jonin sensei would be, she knew whoever that would be would likely having a hand in shaping their future in the village and their future as shinobi in general, it was a big deal. "I hope our Jonin-sensei is strong. I'm guessing you have no clue who that is either?" she said, finally fully awake and aware of her surroundings.
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime6th August 2018, 4:57 pm

Zeke knew about their dynamic. They had been together since the beginning. Him and Zena, ‘Zena and Zeke’. They made a good team, if not the best pair in his mind. The two of them had always been fighters. He looked at how she talked more then heard what she said. The pain in her small facial movement. He felt it in his heart too. He sat on her bed and folded his legs over the other. He did let out a small chuckle over what she did say though. “I know. I fear for anyone who gets in your way Zena. And I don’t mean while you’re a sword.” Zeke took a breath in and let it out slowly. Zeke was normally quiet with others, so he wasn’t super happy about having someone new join them, it was just better to play nice then treat them as someone who was unwelcome. He took it as a part of growing up. It didn’t make him less anxious but he knew he would just have to get used to it.

”No I don’t know who our sensei is going to be, but I’m pretty excited about it! Aren’t they always supposed to be strong at that age.” Zeke asked curiously as he had gotten much stronger in the academy then he had ever been. According to the instructors, his strength would simply, ‘blossom wider then any lotus’ he had a teacher tell him. “Think we could take them in a fight?” He asked with a hint of a tease in his voice. “It’d be awesome but the stories I hear about higher ranking Shinobi is insane. Kind of intimidating.” He let out a sigh. “So we have time before we get properly assigned. What do you think we should do today?” He asked as he finally looked over to her again.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime6th August 2018, 5:20 pm

Zena and Zeke were truly a pair, an inseparable duo, but even then they had their differences. Zena's extremely overbearing trust issues and borderline obsession over being with Zeke made her completely shut off from outsiders. Even though he clearly wasn't very sociable, the difference between how they were with other people was still like night and day. He was much more mature than her in that regard, in a lot of ways actually. Zena's immaturity was hard to see on the surface though, you would have to understand the inner workings of her mind to notice it.

He was right about Jonin being on a whole different level from genin, surely they wouldn't stand a chance against a full fledged Jonin at their current level. Well maybe together they could overc- nah, they would get utterly destroyed even in a 2v1 fight with a Jonin. "Unless the Jonin is totally unqualified for their position, I doubt we could take one, I would love to get the chance to take on down and absorb their knowledge though." she said with a bloodthirsty expression. "Just kidding, absorbing their knowledge through their tutoring will have to do for now." she said, sticking her tongue out playfully.

What should we do today? You mean he came all the way here and got her out of bed with no plans? Zena was NOT a morning person, although she was up now, so the damage was done. She was irritated for a brief moment before she realized, she had the day off to recreate with Zeke, just her and him! The idea actually excited her and the irritation vanished instantly. They had been so focused on their studies and training to be genin that they hadn't really just hung out in a fair amount of time. "I don't care what we do as long as its just you and me~" she said gleefully and jumping at Zeke's side, wrapping her arms around and squeezing tightly, pressing her cheek against his shoulder. The rare side of her, that only he got to see, almost completely contrasting her regular personality.
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime6th August 2018, 5:57 pm

Zeke felt the blood lust on his comrade. It was short and went away in what seemed like a heart beat. He was purely joking. He’d love the challenge but to kill one? He didn’t know how he felt about that. ”Well. Who would promote someone who couldn’t handle their own. That would be dumb and how do you bookies say it? ‘Waste of resources?’” Zeke knew between the two she was definitely more book smart then him. He barely passed his written exam, it was almost comedic when he saw that one point over the minimum requirement. Thankfully he excelled at the physical portion so he thought that that would be enough. And thankfully it was.

He felt her cuddle up to him and smiled as he patted her head again. He probably should’ve made a plan before coming. But he always went heart first not head first. His personal specialty. He let go of her head and put his hand on his chin. He thought quickly and his stomach growled. ”So... you know what’s great these days?” He grinned at her and stood up, leaving her on her bed. ”Lets go and get some food. Whatever you want. This is gonna be our celebration day! Let’s have fun!”
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime7th August 2018, 12:12 pm

Zena always thought it was funny when Zeke spoke like she was super intelligent or something. She felt like he was a lot smarter than he realized, but at least it was nice to be respected for something. It was true she was more studious at the very least, she learned a lot from the library in the village, actually useful information too. Zena was pretty interested in the history of the world, and the politics of shinobi. She joked sometimes that she was studying to be a Kage someday, but in her heart she knew she would never be suited to a position of leadership like that. The very thought of having to be a politician made her cringe, despite her interest in politics, she definitely was an observer and not a practitioner. Still though, she was undeniably smart for her age, but they both were, after everything they had been through it was impossible not to be beyond your years in wisdom.

Zeke stood up and decided they should get food, whatever she wanted. He always did this, it was like he pretended to make the decision, but in reality the decision of where to go was on her. Zena was terrible at making decisions, or rather she disliked doing it. "Well.... whats good for breakfast, I don't eat out very much you know." she said, slyly pushing the decision back onto him, of course she would wait for him to suggest something so that she could immediately agree to it and completely avoid the responsibility of deciding where to go.
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime7th August 2018, 4:04 pm

As sly as he thought he was. She was even more sharp witted as she brushed off the responsibility of deciding back to him. He wasn’t used to choices. He was always used to just getting and enjoying whatever he could get his hands on. Zeke sat there and puzzled as his stomach let out a growl. “Ramen. With an egg cooked in it. I want that.” His grin returned as he looked over to her with excitement. ”I’ve heard of a good place that isn’t to far from here. Come on it’s like breakfast and lunch all together!” She couldn’t choose so this is what his heart wanted. He was so ready. He already took a step to his cloak and flourished it on. Zeke walked to the door and looked at Zena and his enthusiasm got the best of him. ”I’ll wait outside while you change.” He then slipped out of her room and stood by the door.

While he waited he saw a few of the other dorm residents walking around. He stood there and had a small smirk. This was mainly a girl dorm so he could hear mutters that were aimed at him and his grin disappeared and he returned to his stoicism. He realized how strange it was for a boy to just be there. He looked off to the distance as his hands would twiddle with themselves in the safety of beneath his cloak. He never let his face show his anxieties and nervousness. Zeke remained silent until she would come out.

When Zena would come out he kept it simple. ”Come on. Should be open by now.” The excitement in his voice died and he kept it simple. He gestured to her to follow and he started to walk off toward the Ramen spot.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime8th August 2018, 11:49 am

As she had planned, Zeke made the choice, but ramen? For breakfast? His taste was so unrefined. Zena let out a sigh, "I suppose that will have to do." she replied. Zeke seemed excited about getting ramen, it was easy to see. He stepped outside so she had time to get out of her monkey PJs. Hmm.... what should she wear for the day, obviously her usual uniform wasn't necessary today but she really didn't wear anything casual very often.

After a noticeably longer than usual period of time, Zena opened her door and stepped outside. She was just dressed in her usual, she had decided casual clothes just felt uncomfortable for her at this point, that decision took a while to come to though. There was a familiar black blob waiting for her. It was a bit busy on the outside, seemed everyone was waking up and leaving to start their day, Zeke was getting a noticeable amount of attention. It was obvious to Zena that he was a bit uncomfortable in a girl dorm, and almost humorous that such a stern looking guy could worry about something like that, of course he was still young too. As he hurried off she followed closely, walking close to his side but slightly behind, as if using him as shield from the outside world. "Say Z-kun, do you think about girls often?" she asked him. The question was half to throw him off and mess with him, and the other half out of genuine curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime8th August 2018, 6:24 pm

Zeke noticed that his compatriot was taking their time. Man why was he like this around girls. Him simply standing there just made him feel so awkward. Like he was being judged. Dumb sixth sense, freaking him out. Zena finally came out and he made his way out.

They were still walking in her dorm. Walking down some stairs and that’s when she hit him with the inevitable question. The forbidden... ”Do you think about girls?” He instantly stepped on his cloak and accidentally launched himself forward. He tripped over the railing of the staircase and fell a flight before grabbing the steps. He then started to climb his way up. He took a look at Zena with a simple expression on his face. Why he climbed over the railing and cleared his throat. ”Honestly not as much as I should. Or at least that’s what the other boys in the dorm tell me. I’m normally just thinking about my training.” He said in a hurry and in a flustered tone. Jeez what would even cause that to come up. He took a breath in and let it out slowly. He had to concentrate. On the food. His grin grew back.

The walk was rather quiet and uneventful. Just how a plebeian would like it, he however. They would eventually make it to the Ramen shop. It was a tiny hole in the wall shop. It looked more bare bones then other shops. ”Some people say they invest all their money back into the food. Which is why it’s supposed to be even more delicious then all the other joints.” He strolled on in and took a seat on one of the stools next to the cook. He waited for his comrade and would offer her a hand with the stool. Once they were both sat he would tell the cook. ”One breakfast special! Please!” The one of few only things that got Zeke out of his shell. Food, booze, and Zena. He waited eagerly as he looked down at his partner. ”Hm... nah... I was going to ask... but. aren’t you to young to be thinking about boys either way?” He asked forgetting that they were practically the same age.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime10th August 2018, 11:45 am

Even Zena couldn't hold back a small outburst of laughter after Zeke immediately tripped over his cloak and damn near died on the stairs. He quickly dismissed the idea though and said he mostly thought about training and what not. Zena didn't buy it though, her question was answered not by his words but his actions and his tone instead. She sighed, sometimes he was just too easy to read. They walked in silence for a bit. It wasn't an awkward silence, rather, that was more or less the norm, they both weren't very talkative people, even around each other often times it was normal for no words to pass for longer than normal periods of time. After a while they arrived at the Ramen Shop, it was pretty small and it didn't really stand out much. Zena wondered why Zeke chose a place like this.

Zeke talked the place up quite a bit so Zena hoped it was as good as he said, then again she wasn't really that picky with food anyways. When you grew up on scraps then anything that the normal populace considers food probably tastes like a gourmet meal to you. Zeke ordered his food and Zena quietly tugged at his cloak. She didn't want to have to talk to the cook if she didn't have to, so she would rely on Zeke to do it for her. Zeke's question seemed odd to her, somehow he misunderstood her curiosity about his interests for her having interest in those things. Surely he knew her well enough to know that she genuinely didn't care about that sort of thing? No, on second thought, Zeke probably didn't like thinking about it so he never even considered her thoughts on the subject, even if it should seem obvious. "I don't think about boys, or girls, or anyone really. The only person that matters is you Z-kun." she replied confidently.
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime11th August 2018, 1:02 am

He saw that she turned to him to order for her. He rolled his eyes and smirked and ordered her the same thing. All their was to do now was to wait for the food. She responded to his question... strangely. He thought. He knew of their dynamic but all she cared for was his well being. He smiled at her and patted her head and ruffled her hair a bit. ”Phew! Thank the sky. A second their and I thought you were growing up or something scary like that!” He honestly couldn’t see Zena growing up. She was always pint sized and he couldn’t see how she would grow. It was like a dream. Some abstract thought. It was just strange. Man growing up was scary. He cleared his throat a bit as he took his hand away. ”You just need to be careful. Boys are gonna start approaching you. Probably in a year or so. Don’t listen to any of them. All the books I’ve tried to read state you should wait till you’re an old lady before boys start making sense!” He said as he crossed his arms and rose his nose to the air as he thought he knew what he was talking about.

The food finally came out and was plopped in front of the two. And it looked delicious.

Mmmm Ramen:

Simply amazing. Zeke’s eyes glimmered into stars. ”Look! Looook... look at it. I told you this place is supposed to be amazing.” He clasped his hands together. ”Thanks for the food!” Without a moments notice he started to dig into his food. Life is about the small simple moments. This was one of them as he ate voraciously. He didn’t know if he’d remember this or not but sky’s be damned was this some real good food!
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime16th August 2018, 2:27 pm

As Zena had hoped, Zeke ordered for her. Of course he was used to her behavior in public by now, it often only took a look or certain body language to get her feelings across. She had her head patted, one of her favorite things in the world. As long as it was Zeke of course, anyone else would lose a hand. Zena thought what he said about growing up was weird. Of course she was growing up, they both were. That was a good thing in her eyes, it meant they would grow stronger and be more experienced to take on whatever it is they decide to do. The older they were the closer they would be to being full fledged high-ranking shinobi. "Well that's why you're here right? You'll scare them away for me, and we will beat them up if we have to!" she replied confidently. She couldn't really understand why Zeke would worry about things like that, but she decided she would figure it out eventually with more observation.

As the food came Zena was quiet, trying to avoid interaction with the cook as much as possible. Zeke showed his excitement immediately and she couldn't help but smile, seeing him happy was really nice, it reminded her of how far they had come since back then, such smiles were rare for a long time in their lives. "Hmph... I guess you made a good call for once..." Zena said playfully as she broke her chopsticks in half. She may have eaten it much slower than Zeke was, but she had to admit it was extremely good, maybe even the best ramen she had ever had. Weird that a place so good was still small, the owner must be very passionate about their food she thought. Still it was only a matter of time before a place like this would get bigger, if only for more seating, it was just too good for it not to. "Zeke, if we never became shinobi what do you think you would wanna do when we grow up?" she asked out of curiosity. Zena thought often about the lives of civilians and how different they were, she often imagined herself in their position. Not really out of a desire to be in that position, just because their lives were so drastically different from hers.
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime17th August 2018, 12:34 am

Zeke chuckled at her when she thought that he would go against anyone that would try to fall for her. He didn't mean it all the way. He wanted her to find happiness. Yes they were happy together. But they were a family. He found these series of books that he kept underneath his pillow for a 'rainy' day. The Ichi Ichi series. People needed to find love to keep going. Make a family seperate from their childhood one. Strange thoughts to have as he ravenously ate his ramen. Surely it was delicious. He would finish by the time Zena was half way done. He clapped his hands together. "Blessed be the cook who made this." He thanked the cook and the bowl got taken away from him. Zeke was satisfied and full. This is what he called a graduation meal.
Zeke sat back and relaxed in his seat and simply looked up to the ceiling and sighed a happy sigh. Zena shot another odd question his way. "Civilian life?" He shut his eyes and murmured to himself a little and would think. Honestly he didn't know. His closest idea would have to be. "Honestly I would've liked to try baking. You know me. We've had our fair share of bread in our life. Before... the academy took us in. I thought I'd steal enough or start working. Work my way up and learn how to make food. Make sure we would never need food ever again. Sounds silly but it was my hope." He hesitated at the mention of their life changing event. But yes. He wanted to make sure that the three of them would never go hungry again. He pulled out some money and gave it to the cook as he wondered what they should do now. He gave her a soft smile and looked back at the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime17th August 2018, 1:15 am

Zena ate at her own pace, finishing a bit after Zeke. It was a really good meal, lots of love put into the food for sure. She set down her bowl and pushed it forward, nodding to the cook as he grabbed it. That was, of course, the most he would get out of her, but that was nicer than Zena normally would have been. If the food wasn't spectacular he would have just gotten ignored. So Zeke would have been a baker, she had to admit that's not an answer she was expecting. It made sense though, it seemed like a happy go lucky job for a dark guy like him at first glance, but Zena knew how caring he actually was. He was a good person and the well being of others seemed to actually matter to him. She wished she could say the same about herself, she stopped caring about the well being of others long ago.

Zena thought a moment about the answer to her own question before telling it to Zeke. "I think I'd be a gardener, it would be peaceful and free of dealing with people, and I'd be able to make places beautiful and leave something of my own in the world. I'd like that." she explained thoughtfully. Truth be told she wasn't sure how much of an occupation that would actually be, but it sounded nice in her head. Well, their meal was over and the day was still young, it didn't seem like Zeke had anything else planned and she had an itching for the training grounds. "Anyways... do you wanna spar? Now that we ate I feel full of energy. Unless there is something else you wanna go do."
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime17th August 2018, 1:51 am

Zeke took note of that. A gardener? Zena admist a field of flowers. How peaceful. He could see her doing that. Staying away from others and living a quiet life. He wondered what Jeri would say. His smile faded for a moment, hopefully before Zena could notice as it shot back up at the mention of sparring. "Of course! I thought you'd never ask! Let's go! " He sprung up from his seat and turned heel toward the door. "Thank you old man sir!" And he ran out the small ramen shop. "Come on Z! It was your idea! Keep up!" He yelled back and kept running for the Fira Sphera.

So the race began. He wasn't the fastest but he knew he could always launch himself. He knew that this friendly race was going to be fun. It reminded him of his old days when they would snatch some food and had to make a break to make it to their hideout. The wind rushing against his face. It would take some time to get to the Fira training ground. He wondered how Zena would react to this fun little race. He just made sure to keep going and not look back. Looking back would always get you close to getting caught. He was going to win.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime22nd August 2018, 7:32 pm

Zena knew that Zeke would be down to train, he always was. For the two of them that was just their lives ever since they joined the academy. It was nice having someone else training beside you to help motivate each other and improve. There was no doubt that their progress up to this point was thanks to that dynamic. Zena thought she noticed an odd look on Zeke's face for a moment, but it disappeared in an instant so she didn't really think much of it. She couldn't help but wonder what Jeri would have said they would want to do as an adult. She pushed the thought out of her head quickly, the best way to deal with things like that.

Before she knew it Zeke took off from the ramen shop at full speed, a race right out the gate? Zena smiled a bit as she watched him gain distance, she would happily take him on. She turned and bowed slightly towards the cook and then took off at bullet release speeds after Zeke. She was a fair bit faster than him so it didn't take too long to catch up. As she would come up on him she would gather ambient chakra into her palm and then thrust it towards Zeke's side in an attempt to purge chakra from his body and cut him off from using chakra to win the race. She would then use her speed to try and pass him up. If successful she would turn her head around and stick her tongue out at Zeke to taunt him. This was a great opportunity to get fired up, and even though Zeke was her closest comrade, she couldn't help but get competitive.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime23rd August 2018, 12:49 pm

Zeke was having fun going at a casual pace. He made it down the street before Zena was instantly there. He was caught off guard. When it came to her, he was always off guard. She put her hand through his cloak and pushed his side. "Hey whay was that for?!" In an instant he felt... Off. His chakra! He felt a mild weakness going through his body. Zeke looked over at her and the tiny witch was taunting her. He grinned back at her. Thankfully he didn't need chakra. "You'll pay for that villain!!" He said with a silly tone as he outreached his sword arm. He had learned a few things in their time apart as well. His cape wrapped around his arm and gave him a cut on his palm. The black shroud formed into a blade and he kept running. She was fast. He didn't expect it. He almost couldn't see her anymore.

He knew he didn't have much more time left and rushed the strength from his core. "Alright! f you wanna play rough!" He yelled out to her as he sprinted and would jump in the air. He swung his bastard sword into the ground. He put all his strength into his swing and as it impacted into the land leaving a small dent in the concrete, it would launch Zeke into the air. He had only done this technique a few times before. Launching himself in the air even less times then that. The air felt good rushing against his skin at bullet release speeds. He enjoyed it for a moment before realizing his descent was fast incoming. Zeke had only ever tried this once. He made sure no one was in the way and started to swing the sword and spun like a top. As he was about to land, his sword made another scratch into the ground and the weight of his blade kept him going forward. Man was this a fun way to travel! He could see the gates to stonera that led to the training ground.

He would soon land with some style and slid on his shoes against the ground. He grinned as he continued to sprint toward the gate. he wondered where Zena was. Probably flew past her. He didn't care he would win! He kept going as he was ready to launch himself again if the need would come. He hadn't had this much fun in awhile but man was his arms sore after that initial launch. But he didn't care he kept going.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime23rd August 2018, 7:04 pm

Zena was going at her own pace, leaving Zeke in the dust, or so she thought. "I won't pay for anything if you can't even catch u-" she yelled back but was stopped short as she saw him launch himself into the air. It was an impressive feat she had to admit, but it wouldn't be enough, she wouldn't be beaten by that. Zena smiled mischievously as she split into two Zenas while Zeke was passing overhead and couldn't see her. The fake Zena kept running forward at bullet release speeds and would remain passed by Zeke, so if he looked back he would see the doppleganger and think he was still winning. The real Zena however had other plans, she stopped running and looked on into the distance, focusing on the gate that they were heading towards. Once locked on she phased out of existence only to reappear way ahead of Zeke and the doppleganger near the entrance to the training ground.

Zena got herself in a comfortable position sitting down and would wait for Zeke to get near and then poof the fake Zena away. She couldn't help but be impressed at how far Zeke's physical abilities had come, even without her to assist him he could definitely hold his own. She couldn't help but wonder who would come out on top in a full scale fight between to the two, nothing held back. Of course that would never happen, both of them had pretty destructive abilities and they would never risk actually killing each other. Once Zeke arrived Zena would let out a huge yawn with one eye closed. "Gosh it sure took you a while, shall we head inside?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime24th August 2018, 1:15 pm

Zeke was ecstatic, he couldn’t even see her. He was going to win. He shifted his sword back into his cloak. The bastard sword broke apart and went flaccid, flopping down back into its normal state. He kept his sprint going as he closed his eyes and imagined a finish line as he crossed it in record time. He was thrilled to no end as he reached the bridge and started huffing and puffing as he yelled out. ”You’ll have to do better ne-“ He finally opened his eyes. He saw her and he couldn’t believe it. He thought he Won. This was... he smiled at her to hide his disappointment in himself. He thought he was gonna win. He let out a sigh and played it off as him catching his breath. He stood up firm and spoke out. ”Impressive Zena. You win.” He started walking forward on the bridge as he hid his lower half of his face with his cloak. ”Yeah. Let’s go.” He only thought about how he needed more training. He was always the fastest when they were kids. This was a hit on his pride. Now he just needed more training.

They walked into Fira training grounds for genin and he started to feel invigorated. Warm and heated, he wondered how it got closer to the equator. Honestly this was his home these last few months. He worked his tail off and grew stronger. But clearly it wasn’t enough. It was only the beginning. ”So is this a spar or is this normal training? It’s been awhile since I’ve swung you around.” He said with a hint of excitement. Either or this was going to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime29th August 2018, 2:56 pm

Unknown to the two, unless they, of course, had means of detecting someone’s presence, they were being watched ever since they came in contact with one another. She had been waiting to see if the other would’ve eventually joined them but that seemed to not be the case, which was a pity as after this training session it meant that she would have to take the missing member aside to have him catch up, then again why would she care as she was fairly certain they wouldn’t amount to much in the future. Having grown bored of watching tweedle dee and tweedle dum wander around aimlessly, she decided it was time to reveal herself and get this babysitting gig up and running.

As they made their way to the training grounds, a large mass of shadow would gather in the center. The tendrils would rise up from the ground and began forming a humanoid figure and after a few seconds, Maleficent would appear before them. “Hmph.” She said nothing for a while she inspected both of them from head to toe although she had already had formed an opinion of them beforehand. “Hello. My name is Maleficent, Maleficent Mikaboshi. I’ll be your instructor for the foreseeable future. You’ll be addressing me as sensei, nothing more, nothing less. I’m not here to be your friend, you lot are beneath me and I expect you to understand this.” She said without a hint of emotion. “The Zakiyoshi isn’t here as yet which is a bother, I hope he’s ready to be punished for his tardiness. I’m obligated to ask you about your names and your ambitions but the truth is I could care less about all that shit. What I want you to tell me is your strengths and weaknesses and what you can offer to this team. Starting with you weaponkin.” She ended before taking a seat with her legs crossed on Noxious who had been hovering around them.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime31st August 2018, 11:10 am

When Zeke made his way to the 'finish line' he looked at her and smiled. She stood up and walked up to him, he played it off well, but she knew how competitive Zeke was, he was probably a bit disappointed at the outcome of the race. It couldn't be helped, as far as a race with no rules goes, her abilities were a little too strong for that now, once she realized she could teleport she knew she couldn't lose races against Zeke anymore, and she had been waiting for the moment to pull it out against him. Of course she could only displace herself like that once, it was a bit too draining to do more than that, perhaps someday she would be able to. "Don't feel too bad Z-kun, I learned a bit more about what I am, and some of the things I can do are kinda unbeatable in races." she admitted to him, Zena couldn't help but feel a little bad.

As they made their way to the training grounds, it wasn't long before Zena noticed a chakra signature that was following them. When they came inside Zeke started talking and immediately the chakra signature approached them rapidly. "Zeke get back." she said quickly interrupting him, her arm morphing into the blade form. What materialized before them was a woman with dark hair and dark eyes who eyed them for a moment. Zena stood her ground, obviously given the entrance of the woman she was a mikaboshi which meant she was from the village, but her intentions didn't seem pure. The woman revealed who she was and Zena eased up a bit, but she kept her blade out, the way Maleficent talked wasn't anything that she would expect from a jonin. "My name is Zena, I'm sure you were given plenty of info from my file, so I don't need to tell you a damn thing. Are you always such a bitch?" she replied flatly. She mentioned a Zakiyoshi, another genin most likely, was he asked to meet up here? It would've been nice if Zeke and Zena were given that courtesy first before the surprise interruption of their day together.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hatta

Hatta

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime3rd September 2018, 3:36 pm

Zeke was ready to go. He cracked his knuckles as he looked over to Zena. She then told him to get back so he got on guard. And then it happened. Probably the coolest thing he had ever seen. He would’ve spasm out but the seriousness of the moment caused him to keep his composure. Zeke saw the woman creep from the darkness, and oh boy did it confuse him. She introduced herself as their sensei. And then instantly went on to belittle them. That left a bad taste in his mouth. She treated herself so highly. Did she even know them? He didn’t care if she was a jonin. She crossed a line in quite literally the first five minutes of meeting her. He shoved his feelings down inside of him. This woman was supposed to take care of them and teach them the way of the Shinobi. Yet. She seemed like she was going to be abrasive each step of the way.

Zena knew how to be abrasive back so Zeke was rather silent as the two had their back and forth. Then the attention went to him and he had his arms crossed underneath his cloak. ”I am Zeke. I specialize in kenjutsu and overwhelming people with my physical power...” His tone went from warm and friendly to cold and precise, it was just how he was with strangers. ”I find myself to be slower then others. And I have no experience in genjutsu... is this what you wanted to hear.... sensei?” He asked her as he would give her due respect but that’s as far as he’d go after that introduction.
Back to top Go down
Shinji

Shinji

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime5th September 2018, 9:33 pm

Late? Hard to be late if you didn't even know. In fact Shinji was already in Fira without even knowing he was supposed to be there. In fact, coming from one of the training grounds on the upper rings where the chuunin normally train a boy could be heard shouting. "Hey! Let go of me! Get off!" would be the words the group could hear repeatedly from a young lad. If they directed their attention to the commotion they could see a prison guard throwing the young lad out of the chuunin grounds and into the genin grounds before shutting the entrance. The young boy looked like any average kid, though in these days it looked more weird than kids with different colored hair and eyes and weird clothes. In every aspect this boy simply looked.... average. His height wasn't impressive nor was his build. His hair was short and brown with a matching pair of eyes. He wore a turquoise shirt with the words 'Ninja This!' in yellow wording across the front and his pants were simple blue jeans with black shoes. The only odd thing about his appearance was he looked drenched with sweat and was covered in dirt. Judging by the guard having thrown the boy out, it was clear that he had apparently tried sneaking into the prison grounds itself.

Shinji panted as he stood and dusted off his pants, forming a fist at the guard with only the middle finger raised. His lips were dry as hell along with his tongue as he pointed it out at the guard. The young lad turned as he tried looking for another entrance to sneak in through when he stopped after noticing the odd group of people there. He began whistling, or well attempted to as the only thing that came out was dry air. He held his hands behind his back in a casual walk as he attempted to skirt around the group without making direct eye contact but keeping them in his peripheral, trying to act like they couldn't see him as he made his way one of the other entrances to the next stage of Fira. Clearly the kid was becoming dehydrated and was desperate for something and obviously didn't even recognize the people near him, after all, he had never met the kids though he did recognize the adult of the group as one of the village shinobi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Connecting Resonance    Connecting Resonance  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Connecting Resonance
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Beginnings :: Origin Continent (Land of Beginnings) :: Republic of Five :: Land of Malice :: Mahougakure (Village Hidden with Magic) :: Stonera-
Jump to: