Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Empty
PostSubject: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime1st May 2016, 5:23 pm

Time = 8:15 Pm (Waxing Crescent Moon, Sunny Weather still in effect)

Perhaps the most perilous part of the trail would have to be the the Deranged Cliff Chain. The two remaining members of the hunting party who hadn't been delayed by the Knights would emerge from Mt. Lucid interior only to be surrounded by numerous cliffs. Their only choice to scale up higher and keep moving as the trail winded farther west. Their only hope of continuing after being to get high up so that they could see into the distance where the Gorge of Beginning was awaiting. Meanwhile far up ahead in distance (200 ft from Mt. Lucid Interior exit, 100 ft up) Ananse, was meeting with another Knight who had met up with them like he said he would. Orion had finished his duties however instead of being met by the rest of them only Kendall would be seen in the distance much to his annoyance.

"Did you run into annoyances? If so, hand me the container and turn back to deal with them. I will hand over the specimen to Telarossa-sama." Orion said while holding out his arms so that Kendall could drop it in his arms so he could head out. He wasn't in the mood for Kendall's flirtations he had instructed them to take care to not be followed and yet it seems they were followed anyways so it would be up to them to deal with the annoyances the most permanent way possible.

Post Order:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime7th May 2016, 1:33 pm

Kendall had been waiting for the other Knight rather patiently. When he saw Orion making his way over, his feathers shivered and straightened themselves, as if subconsciously wanted to look nice and well put together. The other reached him and spoke and Kendall gladly handed him the package. As he did so, however, his hands trailed over the other's arms lightly but sensually "I ran into a tad bit of interference, though it pains me to know that you want to be rid of me so quickly." He gave a little mock pout before stretching his wings. The all of his feathers fanned out, and the sun struck his back just right, making him look all the world like a perfectly posed model. His legs were crossed and his face looked tranquil and beautiful to behold. He could act the part of a model too, apparently "I will handle our little tag-a-longs, go ahead and deliver our present." With one great flap of his wings he took off into the distance.

---Current Time---

Sometime later Kendall had fluttered up to a jagged ledge on the side of a cliff, perching there like a bird of prey. Which he technically was, especially considering from his position about 500 feet above from where he could watch the exit of Mt. Lucid. He thrived in the night like all of the members of Lord Telarossa's elite guard and his eyes would scan the moonlit cliffs for signs of approaching targets. "It's time to give them one helluva run-around." he thought out loud, the cliff where he was darkening briefly, almost as if the skies themselves agreed with his statement, most likely the cause of a cloud passing over the moon due to other areas still being lit in the distance. He would shift to instead sit on the very edge his feet dangling for a bit, before becoming still as he plotted his next course of action. Not that a viewer could really tell considering his body was completely hidden underneath a cloak, his golden irises peaking out from his hood as he continued to scan the landscape.

The Deranged Cliffside earned it's name due to being quite treacherous to pass though, often times travelers got lost if they were unfamiliar. A classic example being following the normal path which forked into two, though their directions seemed inverted and jumbled a thousand times over, each leading to completely different locations than they should if one used a normal map. Even when one had a good sense of direction it was typically impossible to traverse without an aerial view as the paths to split so often numerous ones that were jumbled beyond navigation, so much so that would lead any who followed to their doom. The darkness would pass which would be Kendall's cue to slip into the shadows, adjusting his position as he waited for his prey to stumble into his hunting grounds.

Kendall:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime7th May 2016, 7:12 pm

Jazz would emerge from Mt. Lucid and would proceed to continue forward. with her Trick Speed, gazing at the seemingly endless cliffs that surrounded them. She couldn't even see to the top of them, of course it didn't help that it was night-time though visibility wasn't too much of an issue for her. "We will have to climb, that is unless you pull off that thing you do." Jazz said obviously referencing the fact that Summer was capable of movement even in the air as evident from their fight in the chunin exams. She on the other hand, well she didn't want to play her hand, and thus would proceed to continue forward with trick speed not slowing when she got to a cliff and then promptly skating up it with her AT's while moving at swift release speed. A little known benefit was that Brain Charger AT's could ride on anything, water, air even boiling magma and her road in particular well, rock was part of the terrain she enjoyed even if it were completely vertical. She wouldn't use her chakra though, mainly to conserve it she didn't know who she had to fight to get to Ka and whether or not he would come peacefully. Sure her reserves had increased in the past year by quite an amount but she would rather be oversupplied than under. Bu tmore importantly if there were enemies in the area she didn't want to alert them to her position via chakra use, after all while chakra sensory was an uncommon skill among humans Nova were adept in it, and there was a chance that their opponents could be Nova like herself.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime7th May 2016, 7:29 pm

"Nah, it uses up a fair bit of my stamina, I'd rather not waste it just to get up a cliff that I could climb up." She said to Jazz as they moved towards the cliff. She looked up it and grimaced slightly. It was a tall cliff, her arms were going to be pretty sore by the time she reached the top but that was okay, she didn't mind. "You have it so easy, Jazz, you butt. Able to skate on anything, that's pretty much cheating!" She declared as she leaped up onto the wall, swinging her hands out at D-Rank speeds to impact the surface. Her Defense tiers protected her and her fingers carved into the stone, giving her handholds without her actually having to try, not to mention in the darkness it was pretty much impossible to see. So with that she started to climb at Swift Release speeds, fingers carving through the rock as she followed Jazz up, managing to keep pace with her if in a less sedate manner. "I really wish you could just carry me but that's not really serious enough for this situation but climbing rocks was not what I signed up for. I might have had my nails done!" She pretended to swoon before smiling and continuing to climb.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime7th May 2016, 7:56 pm

Orion would have collected Ka who was still in the container and would leave, not indulging Kendall in his fantasies. The only person Orion lived and breathed for was Telarossa-sama attachments and romantic relationships were unimportant and a trivial waste of time. Not to mention it fostered weakness that could of been better spent training and growing more powerful to better serve his leader. He had left sometime ago, once Kendall deal with the trash that kept following them he was sure that he would be able to deliver the specimen and be once more lucky enough to receive praise from his leader. Whenever those idiots finished with their fights then they could regroup in Pandora till then he would not waste time waiting for them.

(Orion Exits)
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime11th May 2016, 3:59 pm

Kendall watched the two females ascent, the golden orbs latched upon them intently. He thought for a moment before he nodded minutely, as if solidifying an idea in his head. He bit his lip, drawing blood and then wiping it away. His feet dangled more, his cloak rustling as they moved beneath it. Soon a butterfly just about as big as Kendall's torso appeared, with Kendall whispering instructions to it. "Dally since I taught you how to fly so well, do me a favor okay?" The rustling of his cloak continued for a bit, the summoned butterfly fluttering downwards towards Kendall's quarry while moving at Vacuum Release speeds in a dive.

The rustling stopped and the butterfly continued her movement as she was a far distance from either of them but it would eventually gain upon them. Once she eventually got to them, she would linger about twenty five feet away and above Summer instead just watching. If Dally was spotted however she would keep watching but if either of them gave chase she would stay there for only a fraction of a second before she fluttered her wings once more before taking off into the sky. The summon would fly up and over the edge of a nearby cliff, lingering for only a moment before disappearing.

Kendall:

Dally:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime11th May 2016, 7:45 pm

Jazz would continue to head upward after looking down and seeing that Summer was climbing it manually causing her to chuckle, Geka Seido truly was a useful samurai style. "These cliffs are..huge, we should probably pick up the pace in a bit." Jazz said, no doubt referencing the fact that eventually her trick speed would allow her to build up more speed and thus improve their movement speed up the cliff-face. She didn't know how fast Summer was capable of moving in terms of running but she guessed that if they maintained Chunin Level speed then it wouldn't be too tiring. After all both of them were fairly conditioned especially a month after their respective promotions and knowing Summer like she did, even sparring with her she wasn't one to slack on her training. Jazz didn't notice much else even though she was constantly aware of her surroundings due to the electric field surrounding her body thanks to her Electroplaques. Still for now she didn't see anything, whoever was in this area was either still to far away or was able to conceal themselves even from Jazz's considerable sensory prowess, the first was fine but the second was unsettling.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime12th May 2016, 4:01 pm

A deep sigh left Summer's lips and she gave a nod. "We probably should get moving. Thank goodness I'm using my arms, swinging swords gives you some serious muscle strength, I'll say that much." With that Summer took a deep breath and then launched herself upwards, fingers digging into the stone as she started to pull herself upwards at Crashing Ground so they could try and clear the cliffs. There was something odd about these cliffs she had to admit, it almost felt like her chakra was recoiling from it as she gripped the stone. She couldn't say for certain what was happening so she just focused on pulling herself up the cliff, hand by hand, keeping her senses primed, although she knew the majority of her sensory was coming from Vexos. "If the trend keeps up, Jazz... One of us is going to have to stay behind. As the leader of this mission... I will. He's your ally, your friend and you need to be the one to bring him back to us. I won't take that from you. I can see how much you care about him, so bring him back for us, alright? I don't have anything to give you, I already know that you are more prepared than I am but... For good luck." She moved closer to Jazz and handed her a single shuriken that Summer had cut with Glimmer. It quickly crystallised and she smiled at the girl. "I like to think we're friends now. So even if you don't use it... Keep it as a good luck charm, yeah?" She said before moving away once more once Jazz took the shuriken.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime15th May 2016, 9:29 pm

Kendall watched Dally flutter down, taking this chance to examine the landscape. This place was definitely deserving of it's name. With all of it's sheer cliff faces and treacherous drops, anyone who tried to climb their way up would seem insane. From where he was sitting, he could clearly see that the two females where making fine progress. Soon he would be able to spring his trap and take care of them. He looked more closely and saw they were coming up to a rather large overhang, seemingly from It was a good 50ft from the cliff wall they were climbing to the edge of the overhang, it would require them to either be able to crawl upside down with or jump the distance. Both had their difficulties the first was easier considering they had chakra, while the latter would require them to possess either good jumping skill or an air movement technique of some sort. Kendall really wanted to see what they would do, but the overhang obscured a great amount of his vision "This place is not the best for surveillance..." He whispered quietly to himself, though the sky above him darkened for a moment as another cloud passed over the moon. It was as if the night itself had heard him and agreed with his statement and yet he would just stretch his wings choosing to wait a bit more before moving.

Dally:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime15th May 2016, 9:49 pm

Jazz would widen her eyes startled by Summer's perception sure she would of argued the point if Summer had decided to continue on but she was glad that she offered herself to stay back. She wasn't in the mood to fight small fry when her real quarry Ka was still far away. She would take her right hand off from her neck before taking the shuriken and putting it in her Digitized Storage after pressing it to the bar code mark on her wrist. "Thank you, Summer. If we weren't friends before we are friends now thanks to this. " Jazz said before watching Summer as she sped up. Jazz would maintain the same speed as she saw the overhang and would actually kick off the cliff while taking Slug from her Digitized Storage. The puppet would emerge below her, using it's left arm to press the uppermost button on it's right arm before using it's right arm to flick Jazz's foot launching her upwards at Vacuum Release speeds. Due to how the overhang was situated she would actually preform a flip in mid-air using her Run so that she could avoid smashing into the cliff and landing in a crouch once she past it so she could keep moving using her Trick Speed. Once the Finger Flick of Doom, had been preformed she would put Slug back into digitized storage before it past the threshold and would proceed to wait for Summer by skating in a circle so she wouldn't reset her trick speed.

"This place is...getting annoying."

Jazz:

Slug:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime15th May 2016, 10:00 pm

"Friends are a good thing to have. I know the rest of my team has ill feelings towards you but I can't. You beat me fair and square even if you didn't take the credit for it and you're really good at what you do. I'm happy that we can be friends, Jazz, you're a stellar member of the ASN and I'm glad to know you." She told the girl before noticing the overhang and letting out a loud sigh. "Oh come on!" She growled before watching what Jazz was doing. Seeing a bit of an opportunity, she pushed off the wall at Crashing Ground speeds and then landed palms first on Slug's body. "Alley-oop~" She cried before pushing off, her own aerial training allowing her to maneuver herself around before latching onto the overhanging as Slug was stored once more. Summer pulled herself up and over it before dusting herself down. She waved up to Jazz before leaping up onto the wall, fingers digging in and starting to climb once more. "We'll get there eventually!" Summer said, paying close attention to the sensory aura that she had fluttering around her, making sure that nothing was going to attack them out of the blue. She moved up beside Jazz and smiled to her. "Let's go, shortie." Summer smiled and then continued climbing the wall at B-Rank speeds.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime19th May 2016, 10:56 pm

I have been forced to take this topic over as well. Sorry for the delay.

It seemed like the geography of the location hadn't affected either of them at all, it was both annoying and pleasing to Kendall. Annoying because he thought it would bring them some difficulty and he didn't really see how they did it, but pleasing because they were now closer and now things could really get going. Initially the skater was in the lead, but the climber would overtake her due to the speed difference, it didn't seem like the former could move that fast in comparison. Dally would take that into consideration and move more into the shadows where the moonlight and starlight didn't quite reach so that it's dark purple wings couldn't be seen by them, and would continue diving downward. But once Dally got within 30 ft it would slow into a glide before flapping it's wings when it was about twenty-five feet away from the climber trying to remain far enough so it could see them and their gear but being far enough so that they couldn't detect it.

"And now...the game is afoot." Kendall said with a predatory grin leaning over the edge of the cliff he was sitting on, his feet dangling in time with each other. His voice was no longer deep & gravelly as he was quite pleased causing it to revert to it's naturally feminine timbre. He gazed down watching as Dally would ascend upward just a bit faster than the climber but would do so, while keeping the distance between them, never flying up to far or letting them get too close, it was clear that it was well versed in scouting.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime19th May 2016, 11:30 pm

"I'm not short, I just haven't hit my growth spurt yet, and don't have freaky genetics to be unnaturally tall at my young age." Jazz would scoff at the short comment before muttering a rebuttal and continuing onward though she had said it in a more friendly way than she would have just moments before. She did think high of Summer, she was a prodigy after all, a title which she felt her sparring partner earned and she knew she could become an ambassador without having to worry too much of the future of the ASN as long as she continued to grow. If anything it was the smart move, delay the Shogunate long enough through politics for the ASN to grow more powerful and actually have a leg to stand on in case they wish to break the treaty.

Jazz would notice a slope coming up ahead and would decide to take it, Summer was higher up than her anyways but she would tell her about her intentions to split up. "I'm going to take this slope, okay? I'm guessing that if they were going to head this way then, they would head to the border but if one did stay behind then the only possible way would be further up so they could keep an eye on us from above. she would say loud enough that even though Summer was a bit away from her her sparring partner would at least be able to hear her. "So keep your eyes peeled and don't die okay? Because that would suck."

(Jazz Exits)
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime19th May 2016, 11:45 pm

"Hey, I kind of like being freaky tall, means I have a lot more places to rest my elbows and my chin, especially on my shorter friends." She laughed softly and grinned at her friend as she continued climbing. She checked back every so often to make sure Jazz was following her so that they wouldn't get split up this early. It would appear however that her friend had other ideas and had moved off along a slope in order to try and keep up the pace. Summer didn't exactly want to split up but she could understand the reasoning behind it and she couldn't exactly say no. So with a soft sigh she nodded and called back to Jazz. "Okay. I'll keep climbing and move over the top to rendezvous with you if nothing shows up. You stay safe too Jazz, I care about you and I don't want to see you hurt." She said before looking back up and checking the cliff face. She cringed as she done so, noticing just how tall the accursed thing was and she could have sworn she saw something moving but... She couldn't tell for certain.

Well, with that she crunched her fingers in once more and started to climb up again, arms swinging so that she could move up the cliff-side slowly but surely. This was really bothersome, she actually kind of wanted to get into a fight now just to have something else happen that wasn't climbing a cliff, a cliff-face got boring after a while to be honest... They weren't exactly the most interesting things in the world. Summer sighed and wriggled her eyebrow to make her forehead protector sit better before continuing to climb...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime20th May 2016, 6:36 am

"Weaving a web of lies is my specialty, and I have just the thing for you my dear." Kendall thought to himself now that he saw that one of them at broken away from the other, it was fine, he would leave her for Orion he could deal with her but this one he'd savor breaking this one bit by bit. Memories were a fickle thing, sometimes events could happen one way but one remembered them a different way, such would be the case in this occasion at least in regards to Summer. From the moment Orion left things would go a bit differently in Summer's mind, not that she knew that the real Knight carrying Ka had left to the Gorge of Beginnings. Certain things stayed the same, cliff climbing, the over hang but other things were different most prominent was that Jazz wouldn't be apart of Summer's memories.

Now Kendall wasn't an amateur no he realized leaving gaps was only something a novice would do, a true manipulator of his caliber would weave lies mixed in with the truth. Certain conversations and events were changed such as Jazz suggesting the two of them split up to cover more ground, Jazz heading to the left of the cliffs while Summer head to the right. Summer & Jazz would meet up about 200 ft upward where one could barely make out see vines hanging down from the cliff-face a contrast to the barren rock. If either of them spotted something they would be able to tell each other about it, and thus Jazz's disappearance was explained, it was dark they had been travelling apart for quite sometime now but the goal was now in sight. Summer only had about 50 or so feet to go and they had agreed on a signal of some sort to let them know that it was then, a very specific whistle they two high notes, one low then a combination of high low low high low. Jazz admitted that she would probably arrive second wanting to not exert herself unless absolutely necessary and thus if Summer arrived first that she should wait for 5 minutes before continuing on without her. The overhang was tricky however Summer would find that a certain section of it had succumbed to a combination of erosion and a potential rock slide and thus she would be able to continue her ascension unhindered only after moving a couple of dozen feet farther to the right. The discrepancy of that memory was quickly concealed so that even if Summer did look down to confirm the terrain would only confirm that her memories were true.

With that everything was set and Kendall would leap off from the top of the cliff where he was perched to dive downward at Vacuum Release speeds, his quarry would be lead straight to the slaughter house and best of all they'd think it was the plan...all along. Dally would keep up it's monitoring of Summer, there was no need to make any big moves, but the close proximity did wonders for getting an accurate picture of her abilities, multiple swords indicated a number of things but most of all a physical combatant. The deduction could be wrong but Dally doubted it, and it's master would be pleased by what it reported when they met up once again, intelligence was vital regardless of his trivial after all. Dally would continue to head towards the vegetation overgrown section of the Deranged Cliff-side while it knew it's master was on his way.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Xander on 21st May 2016, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime21st May 2016, 3:41 pm

The pink haired girl paused and narrowed her eye. Had something changed? She paused and looked down, confirming the overhang was there and she had passed it before looking up at the vines, good those were there too. What had changed then, she knew Jazz had skated off to follow a different bath and that was all well and good and she knew that Jazz was nearby and they were going to be able to meet up soon and start moving ahead. She remembered the whistle and she knew how to perform it but... There was something off. Summer furrowed her eyebrows as she climb,ed running through her memories again. Why was she meeting up with Jazz? They were still hunting the rest of the team, that much hadn't changed and they knew that the team had went up the cliff to find the person carrying the gourd. Why did Summer have to wait, why would Jazz come back and meet up with her? It was strange, Jazz would have no reason, and no way, of ever showing up that fast. Something was off here.

Summer looked down at the outcrop and that was still fine, it was there but she was directly above it and not off to the side, she hadn't moved over... Had she forgotten about moving over? How could she have forgotten that? Summer closed her eye and continued to climb, breathing deeply and doing her best to focus. She was certain there was something off but she just couldn't put her finger on it so she'd go with what her memories were telling her, so far. She'd continue to move to the meeting point, fingers digging into the rock as she moved up, eye narrowed and watching out for anything as she moved. The vines were nearby but she wasn't going to grab onto them to help climb, they were probably slimy and disgusting... She wouldn't enjoy that in the slightest. Hopefully Jazz would show up soon so that Summer could have a talk with her about what exactly was going on and finally get all of this in order... Stupid mission, messing with her mind... She huffed and paused for a moment to check each sword was ready before going back to climbing, anything to help her shake off this unease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime21st May 2016, 8:06 pm

When Summer looked down, she wouldn't see the outcrop being directly under her but instead to the side just like the memories had indicated, the terrain had been shifted as Summer had long since been within a genjutsu. A genjutsu which spanned the entire terrain that she was climbing upon. Kendall had accounted for this while adjusting the memory, one did not realize exactly how useful the False Vicinity Technique was, much like it's less version False Surroundings one could alter the very perception of the environment and with that alter how an opponent saw the world around them. Kendall would continue to plummet from above while Dally would continue fluttering pausing when Summer paused before continuing back upward. Still if the cause for unease was the cliff-side then Summer wouldn't notice anything was off, besides an innate paranoia that came from being alone.

When summer did get to the vegetation covered cliff she would see that it was a flat more like a plateau but there were higher cliffs nearby making it like a pathway. Cliffs on either side but it was spread out enough that there was a good amount of space between the other cliffs. what was most notable was the vegetation it was mainly moss and vines the only sort that could survive at such altitudes, one couldn't see straight down the path since it seemed to twist and turn and wind but Summer just had to wait for Jazz to arrive and then they could explore it together. Dally would perch itself on one of the cliffs on the right side, hidden in shadow due to the position of the moon still at the same distance away from Summer so that it could keep monitoring it's master's prey. Speaking of it's master, Kendall would mutter to himself "So she took the bait well, but is suspicious, Shinobi are so paranoid...but that's what makes it fun. Second guess yourself my darling and let it eat away at your sanity." Kendall said with Dally fluttering it's wings back and forth as if in agreement with it's master's statement.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime22nd May 2016, 6:38 pm

Summer nodded once she saw the outcropping and she shook her head with a soft chuckle, all of her earlier paranoia melting away. "Must've just forgotten is all, I'll have to tell Cherish about this when we meet up again." She said to herself with a smile before rolling her shoulders and finishing the climb. Thankfully it didn't take too long and she sat down on the lip of the cliff, eye scanning out over the darkness. It was quite a nice place and no one was going to sneak up on her but there was something off about this. She paused and patted the cliff for a few moments before realising what it was; there was something in her Vexos sensory. She blinked and looked up at the sky for a few moments before turning her head and looking towards the shadows where the butterfly had landed, it could hide from her sight normally but when she could sense it nearby with her weapon she could make out the details of it and she furrowed her eyebrows. "Is that... A giant bug...?" She muttered before pulling out a kunai.

Rotating the kunai around her finger for a few moments she suddenly flicked her wrist, tossing it out at Crashing Ground speeds towards the butterfly as it was sitting in the darkness, aiming to pin it to the wall. She wasn't exactly a fan of bugs and having a particularly large one nearby was not fun in the slightest. Thankfully usage of her swords meant that the speed of her arms was much increased and that meant when it came to throwing kunai she could throw them much faster than most would think she was capable of doing. Hopefully the bug would just fly away and leave her alone or get pinned to the wall and die. The thought of it moving any closer to her made her skin crawl and she shook her head. She wasn't afraid of bugs but they were kind of digusting and she wouldn't hesitate to turn them all to diamond if she could.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Satsuki

Satsuki

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime23rd May 2016, 5:47 pm

The kunai would strike true, pinning the butterfly to the cliff wall. It would flap its wings twice in alarm before it died, going limp. Dally's days seemed to be over, but Kendall wasn't concerned about this. Dally had served her purpose, making it so that Summer would slowly, but surely be driven insane. Kendall would stop 25 feet (above) in the air to Summer's right, hidden from view by the Cliff Wall. His cloak fluttered ever so lightly as he formed a platform to sit on and observe his prey. Sure he could continue flying, but he would prefer to relax and enjoy the show. So as soon as the platform was made he would sit on it and watch Summer's next move. Everything was going well, she knew not that he was there. All she was doing was waiting on Jazz, which shouldn't take too much longer. His cloak continued shifting, his excitement at having a new toy making his adrenaline rush. But patience was key here.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime24th May 2016, 1:14 pm

A shudder ran through her as she killed the butterfly. Was that karma trying to get back at her or something for that? She didn't really know but now that the threat of a giant bug was past Summer had to find something to do while she waited for Jazz and that something would probably be thinking. So with that Summer gave a loud sigh and flopped onto her back, closing her eye over and resting her head on her hands, legs hanging over the edge of the cliff as she waited there. The shivers had subsided and her mind was clear once more, at least as far as she knew. "Aaaa! I want Jazz to get here already, I'm so bored." She called out before rolling over onto her tummy and drumming her feet against the cliff face. "I wonder where the other Knights went..." She muttered before pausing and scanning around. Why would Jazz willingly split up with her when there wasn't any sign of threat nearby? Summer pulled out a kunai and carved a quick message into the cliff face. It read simply. 'Foes potential. Climbing higher. Follow.' If Jazz came back she'd see and know what was going on. With that Summer got to her feet and rolled her shoulders. She'd spend another little bit of time watching the cliff to make sure Jazz wasn't there first though.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Satsuki

Satsuki

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime24th May 2016, 5:12 pm

Hmm... Well, it seems the fun shall now begin. Play a bit my little toy, he would think before making the platform move upward at swift release speeds, moving away from Summer as she just laid there on the ground. It didn't take too long for him to roughly reach about forty feet away before she started preparing to climb the mountain. With a smirk he would then let out one low whistle followed by a combination of a high low low high low whistle, the signal letting Blade know it was Jazz. With the echo of the canyon it would seem like it was coming from down the tunnel within the center of the cliff faces. He would then wait for the return signal from Blade before the games truly begun. It would be interesting to see what this girl would do in the next step of their game. Would she survive or would she fail? Oh what fun it was toying with his prey.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime26th May 2016, 3:58 pm

Moving over, Summer paused as she heard the whistle before nodding. She was still going to move ahead anyway but she wasn't going to wait around for Jazz, she was a big girl now, she could follow. She put a hand on her sword and then whistled the return notes before hopping up and swinging her sword downwards at A-Rank speeds. This caused her to suddenly rocket upwards at Vacuum Release, soaring twenty feet upwards (40 feet by Kendall's post) and this of course lead to a rather awkward situation. Due to the distance between them, Kendall would end up within Summer's batto range, and due to being within that, he would end up in Vexos's sensory range. Summer continued fluttering upwards until she noticed that and she turned, narrowing her eye. "Come out and show yourself... Now..." She muttered, hand coming up and moving her forehead protector away. She kept her eye closed though so as not to give anything away, she wanted to see what this person's reaction would be to this... Would they come out and fight properly, or would they try and flee? Summer was hoping she'd have a chance to hunt them down... Finally the fight was on.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Satsuki

Satsuki

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime1st June 2016, 2:12 pm

Kendall was indeed caught off guard when she seemed to sense him, she gave no indication though that she could actually see him though by her words, which was of no consequence to him. He merely folded his legs as he rose and would speak while his cloak shuffled a bit. "I am not the one to worry about. My partner below you is," he would say as his techniques went into effect, him disappearing completely from her senses unless she had mental sensory or any sensory A rank or above to see sense him. However, unless she was able to break free, she would find herself unable to move even an inch as a tree began growing around her at crashing ground speeds from the side of the cliff. Then, Jazz would be standing there heading for Summer. It seems the game was going to become even more interesting, Kendall couldn't wait to see what happens next in this little bout. Would Jazz be coming to save Summer from Kendall's trap? It would be troublesome if she was.

OOC: Aurielle will be posting after me as Jazz.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime2nd June 2016, 2:55 pm

Jazz would drop downward like she had come in from above, with a cheery smile on her face even though her eyes were devoid of the warmth she had previously. "Hey there, sorry about this but hmmm I've studied you enough. Don't worry you'll even live on after your death as one of my collection." Jazz said both of her hands behind her head on her neck in her familiar pose while Snake would emerge from storage and shoot out Grasscutter which moved at S-rank speeds towards Summer's leg as she moved upward. It was aimed to interrupt her upward mobility while Jazz stood on the cliff-face leg's crouched and eagerly watching with both Slug and Toad being brought out of digitized storage behind her. This time was different Snake wasn't merely going to lightly injure but rather was going for maiming, crippling Summer for life hence why the part of the leg was the middle of the calf like what she had done to Cherish.

While Summer was reeling from the betrayal Slug would move to the left before using finger flick of doom to launch Jazz forward at Vacuum Release in order for her to actually collide with Summer and when Jazz got within range she would utilize her Road in order to sap Summer's stamina in order to make her more tired while likewise using the drained stamina in preparation for generating electricity if need be. Though hopefully it wouldn't come to that and Summer just took the stab to the leg and let the pain affect her, this way Jazz could put her out of her misery much more quickly. "You were a good sparring partner though, if that's any consolation."

Jazz:

Slug:

Snake:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime2nd June 2016, 3:47 pm

Summer's eye caught sight of the tree but thankfully her own natural reflexes would enable her to get out of this. With a flick of a sword, she burst to the side at Vacuum Release speeds, dodging the tree although she did recognise it. As a genjutsu user herself, she knew that when a tree came out... That had no physical presence, it wasn't natural. "Tree Binding Death..." She whispered to herself before grinning. A chakra link, that was what mattered, none of this genjutsu although... Jazz. Summer paused for a moment and looked up as Jazz entered her sphere of sensory, nothing. She wasn't real. "Get out of the way." She muttered quietly before firing her sword out again, using the distance and her S-Rank draw speed to avoid the Grasscutter and end up passing by Kendall where he was standing just as Summer attacked not with her swords, not yet, but her Genjutsu.

One of the lesser known ways of triggering Genjutsu was to have someone already create a mental link with you, a chakra link that could be abused and this is what Summer done. The toll on her reserves was going to be horrific but she had to. Quick as a flash, Jazz and the tree would cease to exist, erupting into crows with blood red feathers and eyes. They swooped into the sky and would drop towards Kendall even as crows started to climb from his clothing, tearing at his body and joints, ripping him to shreds. All at once then ash would erupt from around him, covering him and making him suffocate, greyish black birds crawling from the darkness to stab at his ankles and rip at his legs to get him to come down with them, to die and feed their children.

Then Summer opened her eyes, both of them. Her Kyougan activated into full power and she grabbed her blades. Five of the six were coated in Diamond and she swung them out incredibly fast. A storm of steel lanced down to strike Kendall and tear him to shreds as he reeled from the sudden mental attack overpowering his own. Now the Blades would strike in a specific manner, cycling as Summer called it. An A-Rank nagamaki struck first, followed by Glimmer, followed by her Crystal Nagamaki, then her C-Rank, Glimmer, Vexos, A-Rank Nagamaki, other A-Rank Nagamaki, Glimmer, Vexos, Other A-Rank Nagamaki. All but Glimmer had been coated with diamond causing them all to deal A-Rank Diamond Release chakra damage on their strikes with Glimmer dealing A-Ranks of physical damage. Summer was starting to enjoy herself.

Genjutsu:

Others:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]    Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ka Retreval Arc. [Deranged Cliff Chain]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next