Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

An Exchange between Opposites

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mist

Mist

An Exchange between Opposites Empty
PostSubject: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 2:17 am

Rika made her way through the busy streets of Sheol. She was working towards the marketplace to buy some basic supplies, mainly food and other provisions to fill up her and Kimiko's dorm. She disliked errands like this, the streets were always some cramped and random people were always thinking about themselves and were almost always rude. And for gods sake, half the merchants were cheapskates, she had to look for an hour just to find a vendor that had moderate prices. Either way she had no choice but to make her way through the crowds, using her small figure to an advantage to squeeze through the spaces between people. She needed to remember to choose a less busy day next time she went shopping, because this was ridiculous. Eventually of course she found a vendor selling what she needed and she bought it. She bought mostly fruits and stuff you didn't really have to cook, because well... she was a terrible cook, always had been.

There were a few more provisions Rika needed to buy, but she needed to take a break from the crowds, so she look around for a nice place to rest. After a bit of searching she managed to find a bar. It generally wasn't her choice, but it wasn't crowded and well it was the only thing she could find. As Rika made her way inside she sat down at the counter and waited for the bartender to come get her order. Rika took a look around and noticed quite a few shady figures, not the violent kind, but you know... the kind that is violent if you don't pay them in full for the drugs you just bought from them. She shook her head as she wondered what she had just gotten herself mixed up in, but it was too late, she might as well get a drink now.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 2:37 am

Rebecca was at the back, talking to a very intimidating looking man, well talking was a bit of a rash term, it was more like an argument. Attention would begin to draw their way, but it made no real difference, after all, when it came to fights with words, she was undefeated. He tongue was crippled in second, as Bec dropped the bag and turned to walk away. "I want the payment upfront by Tuesday." Not gonna lie, she was pretty pissed, assholes thinking they can screw her just because she's a woman in a shady business, hell no. On her proud, yet aggressive walk to the door, she'd see a familiar face at the bar. Deciding a little cool-off was a nice idea, she'd take the seat to her right, tapping the bench rather loudly to alert the bartender as he rushed over to them. "Sake. I don't care what kind. Get her what she wants too, add it to the costs you already owe me."

Once her drink was poured, she pick up the cup, sculling it down like it was water, before tapping the bench once more, waiting for Rika to get what she wanted before her cup was filled again. "Fancy seeing you here, Rii-chan. I wouldn't pick this place as your type of hangout." She'd do her best to sound as nice as possible, even adding in the suffix to lighten the mood. Jazz had only just been born, and Rebecca was out buying some raw materials to use in her super secret baby formula she developed as well as take care of some...overdue business. Honestly though, she didn't look like she belonged here either, not with her pretty face, bright hair and tight-ish clothing, but whatever right? Noticing the groceries she'd continue. "I hope you didn't pay full price for those, I know people if you want some discounts." She'd smile, falsely of course, but still, the effort was real.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 2:52 am

Rika leaned her head against her hand while she waited for the bartender, it was taking forever. She heard and argument in the far side of the room and glanced over, seemed some chick was fighting with one of the shady guys. She could only wonder what it was about, not really, probably just some "legal" merchandise they were handling. Rika didn't pay much attention to them though, not even recognizing Rebecca. She looked back to the Bartender and waved her hand trying to get his attention but to no avail. God damnitt, how do people enjoy this. she thought to herself. Rika was about to give up and go back out to the sea of flesh outside, but then the girl that was arguing previously came down and sat next to her.

Rika kept her eyes to herself until she realized the girl was buying her a drink. Rika looked over and honestly surprised to see Rebecca. Sure it was the kind of place she expected to find her, but it was just a random encounter that she wasn't really prepared for. "Oh, thanks. Umm... I guess I'll have the same." she said as she tried to catch up to the situation. "It's not really, just trying to get away from the fucking sea of vultures outside... Sometimes I wonder why I live my life to protect those people." she said as she drank about half her drink, not near as much as Rebecca. Rika realized that she just cursed and sounded pretty aggressive, she didn't mean to she was just fed up with the people she had to interact with over the course of the day. "...Sorry, not the best of days for me." she said as she took another drink.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 3:01 am

Bec laughed at her comment. A sea of vultures, that very well may be true. Escaping to a place like this however wasn't a very nice alternative, after all, in here it was more coyotes. "Hard times for everyone, hun. Keep your head up, mmk?" Trying really hard to be nice wasn't as easy as it seemed. Its not that Rebecca didn't like Rika, cause she did, Rika was pretty and kind and all this other wonderful stuff. She was just jealous is all. "I'm surprised to see you drinking again, I heard you had a pretty rough night just a few days ago." She'd laugh again, possibly putting her cold reputation on the line, but whatever. "I saw you crashed on the couch when i came by to pick a few things up, Jas was already asleep too, but i didn't have time to stay with work and what not." She'd take another drink, this time matching Rika's.

"You know, if you don't want to cook, you can always come to ours for dinner, we've always got leftovers and such if you want weekly doggy bags." Wait, was this a good time to be talking to one of the blades? Her pockets were literally overflowing with illicit stuff. Oh well, Rika is cool like Rainer, right? Its not as if she didn't already know the type of business Rebecca was involved in anyway. "What else do you need, I'll help if you want, theres a few things on my list too."
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 3:24 am

Rika nodded behind her drink when Rebecca tried to comfort her. She wasn't too sure why Rebecca was being so nice, usually she was a bit more apathetic, oh well at least she was trying. Rika had always wanted to get to know Rebecca but something seemed to get between that, she wasn't really sure what though, only Becca could answer that question, and there was no way in hell Rika was gonna ask it. It seems she knew about the embarrassing night that took place a couple days ago. Rika couldn't stop herself from blushing slightly, she was still ashamed of it, a Blade acting like that? Who was she kidding, she was person like everyone else, not some kind of perfect role model for society. "Ahh so you know about that... yeah it was pretty bad but I don't know... it helps remove my insecurities, I guess that's why I drink, I'm sure you understand." she replied. "Do you mind?" she asked permission, gesturing to her empty cup. She didn't wanna just get a refill on Rebecca's tab without asking.

It seemed Rebecca wanted to offer food and similar things to Rika, did she really want to? Or was she overdoing her 'kindness'. "Is it that obvious?" she said with a laugh. Rika took another look at her groceries. It was fairly obvious she was trying to avoid cooking as much as possible. "Maybe I'll stop by once in a while then." she said with a smile. "Oh don't worry about the other stuff, just some personal products and things of that nature, easy stuff, I can find it on my own, thanks anyways." she said. Rika remembered that just a moment ago Rebecca was yelling at some guy about money and the likes. "So what kind of business do you have going on here anyways? And don't sweat it you can tell me, I'm an assassin not a guard."
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 7:33 am

She'd wave her hand to give a silent "I don't mind" before stating her reasoning. "Yeah, I get it. Also the owner of this establishment and I are good friends, so drink to your hearts content, but make sure you can get home safely. The people around here would take advantage of a pretty girl like yourself." Oh wouldn't that be a sight...But no, no it cannot happen, keep your petty perversions at bay Becca. "I'm sure Jasmine would like that." Jazz too most likely, after all, from what I hear, this is her godmother. Jas fucked the godfather already, so his invitation to dinner is dismissed for the foreseeable future. Oh well, its his own damn fault, more or less...not really. Meh, Still upset and betrayed. Rebecca would finish her second cup, wondering whether or not a third was a good idea. She did have stuff to do...Nah, it'll be fine, she's got a strong tolerance. Its only 3.

Another quick tap on the bench would occur. "Hmm, what kind of business...Well, I'd think about it this way. I'm the cook, but I don't want to take my food to the customers, so I hire a waiter. Yeah?" Oh god, she was picking up Jasmine's stupid fucking habit. "But in my restaurant, its pay up front, so if the waiter doesn't bring me the money, he can't serve the customers, essentially putting his reputation on the line." She'd take a small sip of her newly poured drink, however, she'd hold back on putting it down just yet. "Only its drugs not food. And his reputation is his life. So I was kind enough to give him an extension." Rebecca would look at Rika with her head tilted, offering a crocked smile, before brining the cup to her mouth once more. "I've also got to pick up a few things in town for my special Jazz' Baby Formula which I developed recently."
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 9:26 pm

Rika smiled as she set out her glass for a refill. She would listen to what Rebecca had to say while she waited for the bartender to fill it up. Rika didn't have to be told to be careful of how much she drank, she was wary of the effects it had on her after the embarrassment of the last time she drank. "I'll keep that in mind, thanks." she replied. It seemed Rebecca knew every business owner in the area either one way or another, the reasons were obvious. Rika took her drink as the Bartender finished and walked away. This time taking a smaller sip than before, figuring this would be her last drink so she might as well make it last a bit longer.

Rebecca began explaining the business she had going on with the people Rika had previously seen her talking to. The use of symbolism was obvious, but it seemed Rebecca explained it anyways, at least she didn't try to hide what she was doing. Rika couldn't help but laugh slightly, she hated killing but she definitely preferred it to work like that. Then again did Rika really hate killing? She couldn't help but look back at the final moments of her fights. She always got so excited and caught up in the warfare that she seemed to lose herself in the fighting, only feeling remorse once the insane amount of adrenaline wore off. "I see, well good luck on getting your pay, if you need someone to do any 'reputation' destroying, I'm one of the best." she offered. She wouldn't really feel bad about that kind of assassination, anyone wound up in that kind of business probably didn't have much to offer the shogun anyways.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 10:41 pm

Naw, she was being so cute, with her sly little "I'd kill people for you" secret wording. God. Rebecca would hold up her cup to Rika, inviting the opportunity for a cheers, but it wasn't needed. "Kanpai." She'd say to herself before emptying her cup once more. Fuck it, she's been sober for too long, besides, she can still shop while intoxicated...maybe? Well, it all really depends on whether she decides to take advantage of the 'narcotic' in her pocket later today. "I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. How is work anyway? I couldn't imagine living such a stressful life. I guess that's why I ran away from the academy..." Her great Grandmother must be rolling in her grave right now. From Kage to this, the family life was indeed ruined. If only she had a little brother or sister...that would make for an interesting turn of events to say the least. Who knows, maybe she does, only time will tell.

While waiting for Rika to answer, Bec would take on the chance to get something worthwhile, cups just weren't gonna do it, it was time for a nice full bottle. Another tap to make the bartender skip over those waiting. "I'd like a full one, thanks." She'd say, as he just simply popped an unopened fresh one in front of her, not even bothering with a corkscrew or anything similar. She wouldn't need it after all.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 1:05 am

Rika watched Rebecca empty her third glass like it was nothing. She shrugged and emptied her own, she really needed to stop doing this, if she kept it up it would become a habit. Too late now though, might as well keep going. So Rebecca ran away from academy, Rika figured she had some time spent as a kunoichi but she wasn't too sure, now she knew. She did know of Rebecca's heritage, she couldn't imagine all the shit the poor girl got from her clan for her lifestyle, sure it was her choice, but that was the problem with clans, they expect you to live a certain way and if you don't you are considered trash.

"My Work? Well it's been slow lately, sure I could go take bounties and such, but whats the point? I'm just waiting for the shogunate to take a move, which hopefully is soon considering one of our enemies is gonna be at our back door eventually, probably soon. I guess in my position a big part of the shogunate making a move is up to me but... I'm not a general, I'm an assassin, it's all I'm good at, and I'm damn good at it. I just hate the position the shogun put us in, he should be leading the forces not us. We were kids when he gave us that power, and quite frankly most of us still are." Rika let out a sigh as she realized how much she was ranting. "Point is, I haven't been busy, so I guess I've been trying to open up a little bit socially as of late. Not going too great, but I'm making progress I guess." she said as she stared into the bottom of her glass somberly.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 1:25 am

"I've never had much love for the Shogun's way of doing things. He is one of those who are good in gaining power, but not maintaining it. I think I'd have left for Epsilon by now if not for Jasmine." That girl had a hold over her like no other, you know its strong when its above Xel. The profits here were good, but nothing compared to what could be made outside of this rotting continent, or at least this part of it. With a sigh, Bec would pop the cork using only her thumb and forefinger, with a little help from the bench of course, letting the excess froth pour into her cup, before putting it back down, waiting for the white crap to return to its liquid form. Not a drop spilt in the entire procedure. "I can understand being put in positions you don't want to be in...literally." She'd giggle to herself before continuing. "But I'm glad your becoming more socially active, because if life isn't fun, then whats the point?"

A harsh truth can often bring a person to change. Rebecca, despite being as young as she was, has gone through her resurrecting moment quite a few years ago now, allowing her the ability to see life her way, as opposed to those who rule. "Our lives are short, not all of us get to live forever, so we have to do our best for ourselves. Some people find joy in helping others...Some find joy in sports. I find my share in alcohol, Xel and a sum of Jasmine's." Plural to dictate that there are in fact more then one of them in the world for some reason. Though Jazz wasn't that big of an influence. Is any of this making sense? This is just like the tipsy stage of things, we'll get much more philosophical later. For now, its just time for more drink even though she should wait, after all, too much too fast is grounds for illness, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 1:44 am

Rika decided it would be best to ignore her talking about joining Epsilon. Rika didn't completely believe what she had to say about the shogun, she didn't trust anyone more than the shogun, she lived her life for him, she had full belief in his ability to maintain peace. But that was the problem, she had belief in HIS ability, not her own. Rika knew she had been a little upset about the situation she had been placed in, but perhaps it upset her more than she realized. She just wanted this war to be over, she wanted things to be simple again, hunting missing nin or any other threats. Full scale war just wasn't her forte. Rebecca's attitude kinda annoyed Rika, she was nice yeah, but her opinion on things was almost completely the opposite of Rika's. "I don't live my life to have fun, I live my life so people like you can." Rika snapped. She knew what she said was a bit rude, but she didn't care, the alcohol was beginning to loosen her tongue.

Rika looked away from Rebecca and filled up her glass before downing it. Sure they hadn't really achieved peace yet, but at least they were fighting for it. Not everyone was in as good a situation as Rebecca thanks to the war, it actually had a negative effect on most ordinary people. Rebecca's speech about the fun in life didn't really help Rika's attitude at all, she was aggravated now. "It's not so easy you know? I started this out doing some of the dirtiest work there is for a kunoichi in this world, purely to keep problems from rising up against the shoguns utopia, or at least what was supposed to become a Utopia. Then half the nation rebelled against the Shogun, against me. I was fine working from the shadows and not being acknowledged for what I did, but the rebellion hurt. It's like you dedicate your life to something only to find out that it was all for nothing."
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 2:14 am

Well, this situation turned sour rather quickly. "Oh dear, it seems I hit a rough patch. I was trying so hard not to be bitchy too..." She's been receiving a lot of criticism lately for her attitude, but to put it simply, the reason she is on top is because she is like that. People may despise what she is, but she wouldn't be at the point she was if not for her motives and behaviour. This wasn't just a string of luck, Rebecca's entire life has been dedicated to learning and studying the trade. Its really irritating when people belittle her lifestyle and classify her and her class as petty and what not, all the while thinking they have their own problems. There is a reason all those who are successful are assholes...Don't be a bitch Bec, just let it be. "Seems like my little comment about your amazing leader ticked you off, huh?" God dammit, couldn't help herself.

"People don't revolt against a good leader, put it that way. A good leader doesn't separate the world to make his own army force, only to separate them back into their home countries. I believe you are evident of this, right? How was your home village? Did they like you coming back as their elite? A good leader wouldn't continue a pointless war against his previous citizens while those who still believe in him suffer in poverty. I'm an exception, walk 10 minutes down the road, what is their to see? From your own words, Does a good leader put children in charge of his forces, while he sits by doing nothing? What I said was no more insulting then what you said yourself. I merely pointed out a fact, there is nothing wrong with not having an understanding of ruling." She'd sigh once more, rubbing her temples before grabbing the bottle and taking a nice strong swig.

"Your young, but that doesn't mean you haven't had problems. However you are obnoxious to think that I haven't had my share either. I was at a financially independent point when I was only 16. When I was your age, I was selling my body to survive while on the streets, drugged to no end. I spent 2 years in prison, only a few months out when I met Jasmine. Even so, I've still gone and made something of myself. I started out doing well before moving to an equivalent of the dirty things you speak of. Imagine being at your current rank and being reduced back to where you started. Don't fucking snap at me, least of all here..." They were receiving rather aggressive looks from all around the room. Sure, Bec was pissed, but that doesn't mean she wanted to put the stupid girl in danger. God damn, this all started over a fairly obvious comment, its not as if she were making up a load of garbage.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 2:42 am

Rika looked at Rebecca as she spoke, the words she said just seemed like poison seeping out of her mouth. Rebecca was assuming Rika looked down on her, she didn't though, she just felt betrayed anytime a citizen talked bad about the shogun. Which clearly there was a lot of people that looked down on him. Rika didn't care about her problems that she had, everyone had problems, Rika had never stated Rebecca's life was perfect. She refused to sit and be lectured about how poorly her shogun handled things, he wasn't doing nothing on the sidelines, she knew he was planning something, she knew he would make a move soon, she had faith in the man she lived her life for. And if he didn't come through? If he was a worthless ruler? She might as well throw her life away, as she had nothing else to live for.

"You clearly don't know a damn thing about leadership. If what you say is true there is no such thing as a good leader. Look around, when there is a stable source of power there is ALWAYS revolts. Some are small and can be quelled with ease, some lead to war. That is why this stupid fucking world will never find peace, because simple minded fools who want to live their way refuse to let themselves be ruled. The shogun may have made some decisions that don't seem to be the best, but you really think he is sitting back and doing nothing? He left us in charge of Sheol, not the entire continent. And for the record I never said you haven't had problems, I'm sure you have. I don't despise you and what you do like you think I do, if that's what you have to do to live, than by all means go ahead, but don't you dare insult my shogun, you insult the man I live my life for you insult me. As for the people in poverty. Sacrifices must be made in war, the shogun didn't choose to go into war, the world was thrown into war by the rebellion. If the shogun was allowed to rule peacefully, everything would be fine still. People just don't like the idea of one leader, even though it is the only way peace can ever exist. The only other way is with the removal of all shinobi across the board, and that's not gonna happen either. And even then there will be crime. Hell civilian wars could even happen. So tell me a different scenario where peace is possible." She replied angrily. After the last thing Rebecca said, she took a look around and noticed the angry people. "You think I'm concerned about that? I didn't achieve my place in life by fucking horny men like you, I achieved it through strength. But please, tell me more about how terrible of a leader the shogun is, when he has done a better job than any ruler in the past."
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 3:00 am

Well that hurt. Like being stabbed in the chest and expanding the hole. She completely missed the message behind her heartfelt story used to relate. Oh well, no need to go over that once more, is there, after all, Rebecca has only taken control of her economic empire by fucking horny men. She was stubborn, I'll hand her that, but has an attitude to live up to her name. Rude. "What's my solution to peace...There is none. Nature itself is vicious, the whole world must cut each others throat to survive. So why live your life, blindly trying to achieve what you already know is impossible. Blind loyalty isn't righteous, its ignorance. You talk like you despise everyone who left, who betrayed you. Even if you don't feel that way, that's how its coming out, words are manipulated, just like you manoeuvred mine to fit what your mind wished for it. Insulted the Shogun, I did not such thing, all i did was state compliment his start, and state a fact. If war broke out, he didn't maintain the country."

This bitch, drinking on her tab, and insulting her like she just doesn't care. "As for me and my situation, where I fucked horny men to become a successful merchant. I'll have you know I accepted my past for what it was, and studied, practiced and trained to achieve what I have. You walk around broken, willing to drop dead at any moment for one man, who did the very same thing as those who rebel against him now. No one man has come to power without forcing it upon others. I never said he hasn't done better then any leader in the past, all i did was ask for your opinions of matters. One of which you bought up yourself, leading too all of this. I can see his point of view, I can see the rebels point of view, and I can see yours. You however, deny the existence of any side beyond your own. Not even attempting to see where I'm coming from. Ignorance. I can't believe I was jealous of someone such as yourself." Rebecca would take another drink, not even bothering to look at Rika anymore. She has proven herself to have the outlook of a child, but the mind of an adult. Too conflicted to see that the Shogun's orders and her responsibilities have literally broken her apart.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 3:36 am

Rika was beyond enraged by Rebecca's words, but she had to calm down. She knew the chance of ever achieving true peace was astronomically small, but by god if no one tried than why live in this pathetic excuse of a world anyways. Rika knew she took it too far with the last thing she said, she was letting her anger get the better of her, she hadn't been so upset in a long long time. "You claimed he wasn't a good ruler, that is enough of an insult for me." she sneered. Rika pushed her glass away, she wasn't about to drink under the name of someone she was on this bad terms with for the time being. Rika wasn't behaving the way she wanted herself to be seen, she still was completely against almost everything the Rebecca had to say, but resorting to picking on the sensitive parts of her past was wrong.

"Listen... I shouldn't have said that about your past, I know you did it to survive. I've done things that aren't pretty too. But please realize that what I'm fighting for is dear to me. Sure the chance of peace is unlikely but at least we are trying, isn't that better than nothing? If the shogun backed down, the other factions would just fight amongst themselves. I don't only see our side, that is why war exists, both sides believe their cause is right. The others have their beliefs and such, but I believe the best chance for peace is under the shogun, and that is why I fight for him. I never wanted to be a kunoichi, thats the funny thing, I was pressured into it by my family. I just want to see a world where you don't have to walk down the streets and see all that sadness and death. You think if the shogun wasn't in rule it would be any different? Please understand I'm not trying to be a stuck up zealot. I've never found pleasure in living for myself, I wish I could, I've tried trust me. I want one single rule over the lands, to unify everything. And the closest thing to it that this world has seen is the shogun, he isn't perfect, nothing is perfect. But it's the best scenario. That doesn't make the other sides evil, it just means they are fighting against the best chance this world has. During the shoguns rule crime and poverty was lower than had been seen in centuries. That says something doesn't it? I hope that we can win this war so that I can settle down and live a normal life with no loyalty but to myself, but I don't want to do that in the world the way it is now, your past is a prime example of how hard the lives of normal people are in the current situation of the world. Is it so wrong to be passionate about wanting to change that?" she said trying to plead her case.

"I'm sorry I got upset, but don't you think its a little understandable to be sensitive about something that you've devoted your life to? I don't think it's a blind cause, or a certainty of true happiness. It's a chance, and that's all we get in life, is chances, chances to do what we want, chances to make things right. These choices on which chance we wanna take are what makes us who we are, no cause in this world is for certain, and to think it is... that, that is true blindness." she added. Rika didn't like arguing with people, especially someone she had always wanted to be friends with, though at this point it seemed like Rebecca basically despised her, so that the chances of that friendship ever happening was probably out the window. She could only hope that Rebecca would understand why Rika had been so sensitive, and why she was so loyal to the shogun. Rika wasn't ignorant, she was hopeful.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 7:42 am

Rebecca would listening silent, not saying a single word right up until the end. Even after she finished, there were would a pause, not just from the pair, but everyone surrounding them, eager to hear the views on this ruler of theirs. Obviously she was pondering what Rika had said, though her face gave none of that away, still stern and harsh. She'd be silent long enough for one to assume she wasn't going to speak before she raised her voice. "Quit your fucking staring and mind your business!" Everyone would turn away, returning to their drinks, before she continued with a lower yet still intimidating voice. "Yes. I understand why your sensitive. Its my job to understand and comprehend multiple viewpoints in order to succeed in my field." It was obvious just by her tone of voice that Rika wasn't as accustomed to these type of conflicts. Her emotions swayed too heavily in her words, it would seem even a kunoichi can fight sloppy at times. Speaking of which, she didn't want to be one?

"I was the Toketsu clan heir, much like Jasmine was for her clan. However, I didn't openly leave my clan, the moment they led me to training outside of the clan village, I bailed. I didn't want to be a kunoichi, so I didn't become one. I just want to live." Technically grounds for death, in a sense, she could even be considered a lower level missing-nin if her clan wished it. "I'll still stand by my concept of their being no peace, even if the Shogun were to regain full control, I just see an endless cycle. War on other factions, Victory leads to a war on Crime, this limits citizens, leading to a war on the Shogun, leading once again to factions. Peace cannot exist without the threat of war, and it is in our nature to fight for the best possible method of survival, just as much as it is to reproduce. As a race that is, there will always be exception, but as a whole, all  races are all pitfall in nature. Unless everyone had your devotion, I don't see peace. But if you wish to stand for the shogun with so much passion, then so be it. But as an individual who is selfish and greedy, I despise seeing people throwing their lives away for someone who wouldn't do the same for them, least of all someone whose life would influence my own. Whether they be a peasant, a Shogun or a god, I just want to live. "

She had nothing more to say. Her face would have relaxed slowly through the speech, before she brought the bottle to her lips once more, slugging down as much as her throat permitted, ending it with a large exhale. "Its starting to get to me...I feel sorry for the poor merchant whom has what I need after this." Usually, she'd smile right about now, but the mood simply forbid it, not yet anyway. "You don't need to stop drinking. This bar owes me far too much money for your drinks to even dent their repayments." A small investment which turned out to be a dud. Honestly, with the amount of money she's thrown around, sure, she may have connections to just about everyone and everything in the western continent, but its as if her bank hasn't changed over the past year. What the hell right?
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 8:17 pm

Rika sighed as Rebecca yelled at the people that had grown more interested in the girl's conversation than their own business. She listened to what Rebecca said afterwards. Things were cooling down a little bit at least. Rika's nerves were still on end and her heart was racing, but the argument was dying down slowly. Rika didn't really have much else to say, they had both clearly stated their opinions on the matter, perhaps a bit too much. And well having people listening to everything they said was aggravating as well. With permission for Rebecca, Rika filled up her glass once more and down it quickly before standing up and brushing herself off. "Do you wanna take this somewhere else? Where we aren't intruded on?" she asked, looking over to the other people in the bar to show what she meant, although it was likely unnecessary. "I've always wanted to get to know you and be friends like I am with Jasmine, but stuff like this isn't the best way." she confessed with a sigh. She was done talking about the shogun. The two of them obviously had very different opinions and very strong ones at that, no amount of fighting would change the other's side on the subject, so there was really no point in it in the first place. "Fuck this damn alcohol. she thought to herself. She never would have exploded like that on Rebecca otherwise, she would have kept it inside and been more reserved like she always was.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 10:46 pm

Well, that was the end of that. Where Rika would stand to leave, Bec would linger a little longer, reaching into her pocket to pull out a small pill, dropping it into the neck of her bottle as it dissolved, creating a small fizz of bubbles, before she too would elevate to her feet, not bothering to address the tender and further as she twirled and rolled the bottle between her fingers lightly to mix it through. "That's probably a good idea." She would say whilst making her way to the door, not a single foot out of step despite the sum of alcohol in her blood. After all being Toketsu, her blood moved slower, so it took much longer to actually achieve any effect, and one maintains that mindset for much longer in return. I guess it can be both a blessing and a curse in that sense, but what can you do about genetics, right? Honestly, its good in terms of saving money so long as one is responsible. Assuming Rika was still with her, she'd respond to her little emotion reach out as best she could. "You wanted to get to know me, so what do you want to know. Ask me? There's nothing i can't answer." After all, she was a very open person about pretty much everything.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 12:25 am

Rika would get her stuff that she had got over the day and would follow Rebecca out the door. It was nice to be out of that bar and into the fresh air. She welcomed it in, it was refreshing after their previous discussion. Rebecca asked her what she wanted to know, and well... she wasn't sure. Rika thought about it for a moment. There were plenty of things she could ask, but what would be the most meaningful and best for the situation. There was one thing that even made Rebecca and Rika ever interact and that was Jasmine. Rebecca's feelings for Jasmine were ridiculously obvious, she didn't try to hide it, there wasn't really any reason to. But her loyalty to Jasmine seemed similar to Rika's loyalty to the shogun, except in a lover way not a master way. Point is the loyalty and devotion there was powerful. Rika had never loved anyone like that, so perhaps this was her chance to try to understand it. "Well I've always wondered... Why do you care about Jasmine so much? I mean it's obviously not just about lust, so why? How does a person love someone to that extent?" she asked. Rika wasn't incapable of love or those kinds of feelings, she just had yet to experience it. Maybe someday.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 12:33 am

Hmm, It was a good question, something which she couldn't really understand herself, but she will try her best to answer, if only to ensure her previous words weren't empty. "Frankly, I don't completely understand it myself. Its a yearning that has been there, and grown whilst our time together has increased. I guess it would stem from how it was at the start. I sort of used her as a release, dedicating myself to finance and friendship as opposed to drugs, which i had only recently been rehabilitated from at the time. I guess, I became addicted to her instead." She was just putting up a bunch of words which may or may not have made sense. Love was an emotion, and one cannot ever explain why emotions come to be, just want can induce them. She would offer a shrug, before drinking her further sweetened drink, wondering how long it will take before its secret effects will run into play. Now, one needs a counter question in a situation such as this, so she will ask. "So, whats your opinion on assassination and murder. I'd assume from your previous words that you don't enjoy it, yet you still partake. It must be hard, no?"
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 12:44 am

Rika listened carefully to her response. She figured it would be a hard thing to explain, it seemed she would have to experience such an emotion to truly understand it. If it just came naturally like that, she would have to wait. It was a cute story though, Jasmine becoming her new addiction, it made quite a bit of sense as well. She wondered where Rebecca would be if they had never met, probably in a much worse place. In a way, Jasmine was her savior. "Well I'm glad you found her." she said with a warm smile. She had completely calmed down now, she decided she just wanted to leave the previous argument behind them. Rebecca took her turn to ask a question, and well, it was a good one. One that Rika had wondered about for a long time herself. She had to think a moment before putting her response into words. "Well... When I think about it outside of the situation, like now. I feel remorse and it seems hard. When I actually do it though, it seems so easy, I get so caught up in it, it seems I'm actually having fun. The worse parts is when you find yourself smiling as you watch your opponent's life leave this plane of existence." Rika's eyes were distant as she spoke, as if staring directly into her own past.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 12:53 am

Oh, sad and depressing. Try to lighten it up a bit, yeah? "Ah, i see. I guess I understand that but on a much smaller scale. Like, When I'm about to bankrupt a person while selling a carrot, I couldn't care less. But later, when they go home to their family, their children, and tell them they need to repossess their house, and why, I guess I kinda feel bad. Cutthroat business. Any merchant is in it for the Xel, never trust any of them." Nope never ever. "Cept me of course." She beam a nice cute smile as they strolled through the street. Rebecca strategically navigating them to the shopping district. It was leaning onto dusk, with the sun slowly moving towards its sleep below this flat world upon a turtle's shell. The streets were clearing, still busy of course, but its sea storm lessening to the point of a river flow, with little disruption as they walked. Of course, they were only going to a general goods store as most of the items were fairly basic, and those which weren't can be found in most back rooms or below counters. When they arrived out the front of one, Bec would turn to face Rika. "Wanna come in? It'll only take a moment, then we can walk home, mmk?"
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 1:02 am

Rika nodded, it seemed Jasmine kinda understood. To an extent. Rika shuddered at the thought of her in those situations though, she felt like she became a completely different person. She decided not to think about it, it would only make her feel bad about herself. Rika followed alongside Rebecca and noticed they made their way to the shopping district. Rika hadn't really been paying attention to where they were walking, but now she realized, Rebecca had more business to attend to. Rika could have left then and there, but she wasn't done yet, this could be her last chance to get to know Rebecca one on one for a while, she had to stick to it. Rika followed her into the store and looked around, she decided that the store might actually have a few things she needed. "Sure I might pick up a few things while you're doing... whatever it is you do exactly." she replied as she walked in and would part from Rebecca for a minute to grab a couple general home items and accessories.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 1:27 am

Rebecca laughed quietly at Rika's comment. It seems she believed that poor little druggo Bec was up to no good again. "Don't worry, this is just a general buying procedure...with a little twist of course. After all, I'd be no good if I couldn't barter." Walking around she would throw multiple objecting into her little shopping tray, before walking up to the front desk, placing it on the counter. While Rika was off doing her thing, Bec would be smooth talking the man, arguing, attracting and of course, closing the final price before dropping the money of the table. She didn't really need much else besides these basic items, so it was all good. To think she could drop his price all the way down to half what he usually offers. Damn she is good. With a nod, she would take her items and step back, waiting for her little friend to do what she had to do before they would head off. Honestly, she could potentially buy it for her is she was only willing to ask.

Items bought:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 1:40 am

Rika laughed lightly as Rebecca picked up on her concern for what was about to happen. As Rika got the items she needed there didn't seem to be any commotion, just a bit of haggling. Rika came up to the counter and put her things up there and would wait for the price before handing out the necessary fund. Sure she could of had Rebecca work her magic, but none of the things she bought were really expensive or anything, besides she preferred handling her own business, not out of conceit, she just didn't feel like she was using others. Once she was done Rika put her newly bought items in a bag and came up alongside Rebecca to leave the shop. "Where to next?" she asked. She didn't feel like parting from Rebecca yet, maybe it was the alcohol, but she didn't want to be alone at the moment, the companionship was nice, even if the two of them didn't see eye to eye a lot. If she left she would just go home and do something boring to pass the time, or maybe pick on Kimiko a bit. Meh, she didn't really have anything interesting to do, so why not? As long as they didn't start arguing again things would probably be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Exchange between Opposites   An Exchange between Opposites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Exchange between Opposites
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next