Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

A Froggy Afternoon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xi

Xi

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime28th August 2022, 12:09 am

“…”

Though he was unable to verbalize his disappointment, it was there for all to see on his face. He hated the fact that he had to leave his room, hated the fact that the moment he left his room everyone else seemed to be around, and hated the fact that they couldn’t help but stare at him as they went along their way. He had thought that he would’ve gotten used to the stares by now but they still anger him. Yeah, he understood he was some sort of freak and it must have been scary for them to have seen him the first few times but it’s been months now, surely they would’ve gotten used to his presence by now?

Letting out a sigh, he’d push the negative thoughts he had about annoying masses and refocused himself. Today was the day he would finally claim his reward for saving that tadpole a few months ago but first, he needed to get to learn the summoning technique first so he could do so, and thankfully he found someone who could teach him. Arriving at the rendezvous spot he would sit on the bench that was nearby and waited patiently for the instructor to show up.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime28th August 2022, 2:45 pm

The young Jinchuriki had barely been waiting thirty seconds before someone appeared. Stepping out of seemingly thin air and in complete silence, a very tall figure stepped onto the back of the bench and then hopped down, landing seated directly next to Maxi. The figure had an incredibly long white cloak covering their body down to their ankles that was closed in front, the hood was up and they had a white scarf covering the bottom half of their face. What could be seen of their features was simply that their skin was almost porcelain white and had a strange blue sheen to it, their eyes were a piercing deep glacier blue and their hair was shock white. Other than that the only notable thing was that they exuded an aura of cold, their own breath fogging in front of them despite the rather mild weather.

"Good day, young one. I am Shiro. I was told to assist you in learning the Summoning Technique. As you likely expected, I will be asking why you have chosen to learn this, though I have no qualms about teaching you, it is simply curiosity." The figure's voice was flat and empty, completely androgynous and it was hiding more than it was telling. The Summoning Technique could do some dangerous things and Shiro knew that they needed to watch over the Jinchuriki a lot closer than any other student.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime1st September 2022, 10:16 pm

To say he was surprised at the man’s sudden appearance would be an understatement. He was half expecting to be waiting here for an hour maybe more so he was pleased to see that the instructor didn’t keep him waiting too long, if only others extended such a courtesy. He'd quickly rise to his feet as he wanted to get this over and done with but would immediately sigh upon hearing the man’s question. Why couldn’t he have just taught him the technique and went on his way? He knew for a fact that the other kids didn’t get questioned when they wanted to learn things but he should’ve known better.

Looking up to the sky, he would watch as the birds soared through the sky free of walls barring them from leaving and shackles holding them down from flying. “Who knows?” He found himself saying before turning his attention back to the man. “ Are you saying you trust to walk around with a monster inside me but not with the summoning jutsu, Shiro-sensei?
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime1st September 2022, 10:27 pm

There was a couple seconds of silence before Shiro turned to look at the Jinchuriki, staring him straight in the eyes. "Do you believe that I trust you? You are a potential bomb waiting to go off, so no I do not trust you at all. However, I do actually want you to advance in the hopes that you will grow to become a valuable Shinobi and someone that I actually can trust." Shiro's voice was still dead and monotone, they spoke slowly and clearly, only blinking once as they stared at the young boy.

"I also ask because the Summoning Technique can be used for other applications. So if you were planning on using it to go somewhere that wasn't the academy then I am afraid you would be have to be accompanied by myself. The Summoning Realm is dangerous and without proper mastery, you might find yourself stuck there or appearing far from where you entered. I highly doubt you'd be so open about learning it if you were trying to escape however and your intentions I don't much care for, I was curious but not invested." They shrugged and stood up before walking to an open section of ground and pulling out a piece of chalk, which he used to draw out the summoning formula on the floor. "Study this for a few moments, you won't need to draw it, instead you will use your chakra or blood as a medium to generate this formula whenever it is needed. If you get a Contract, the Contract will teach you the alterations to specifically summon them. Do you understand?"
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime1st September 2022, 11:43 pm

He knew it never trusted him it was just a statement to get him talking and that it did. The only person who genuinely trusted him was his sister. Others, be it adults or children always looked at him as if he was some sort of freak so his response wasn’t all that surprising at all. Unfortunately for Shiro, Maximillian could care less about becoming a shinobi he could trust in the future. He had his own path to walk and he didn’t need the approval of others for it.

He was hoping that he would actually be able to have some alone time but of course, he’d insist on tagging along. Then again, he might need the protection after all since he knew nothing of the summoning realm considering he had been neglecting his training. Sighing he simply shook his head, if he was lucky something would eat him while they were there.

Yeah, seems straightforward enough. Can we go now?
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime3rd September 2022, 2:26 pm

"As you wish. First tell me which type of Summon you wish to deal with. You don't know much of the Summoning Realm but luckily, I do. Once done focus your chakra on the seal I showed you and place your hand upon the ground and will it into existence. I will guide your chakra to the correct location that is required within the Summoning Realm. If you already have a contract then they will appear... If you do not then the seal will take both of us to their location instead so you can meet them." They told the young Jinchuriki before moving over and crouching next to him, a hand wrapped in thick cloth coming out from under the cloak to rest upon the Jinchuriki's own to guide the chakra.

Assuming that the correct information was told to Shiro, the world would warp and twist, colours bleeding into ugly splotches across the sky before fading away. There would be a few moments of endless black before with a sigh of reality reasserting itself, the pair of them would end up standing amidst a massive temperate rainforest. The air was thick with water and sap and fat raindrops that stuck like honey rippled down from overhead. The two Shinobi were standing atop a massive tree at the moment, the fronds and leaves solid enough to walk on. Hundreds of vines stretched down and hundreds of feet below them was a massive lake, dappled and shifting as the rain struck its surface.

"We'll likely have to move down to the lake and travel on from there. I took us as close to the home of the Toads that I was capable of but alas I do not know Libra very well, my own contract lives closer to Scorpio than here. While we travel, do you have any questions about summons or the Summoning Realm in particular? This is a valuable learning experience while we are in this place, not many get to travel here after all." They said, ushering Maxi over to a space between the leaves so that they could stick to the tree and start walking down, though Shiro would consign themselves to carrying the Jinchuriki if they hadn't yet learned how to wall walk.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime4th September 2022, 12:29 am

Once again he couldn’t help but feel annoyed that he had to divulge information he didn’t want to but unfortunately he had to if he wanted to cash in on Gamahime’s offer. “It’s toad.” He begrudgingly said after hearing his whole spiel about being an expert on Summoning Realms.  Trying to not get the thought of him tagging him along upset him further, Maximillian would close his eyes before taking a deep breath in an attempt to focus his mind. Once his mind was settled, he’d focus his chakra in his left hand and would immediately place it on the seal that Shiro had drawn.

Not seeing an immediate effect, he had wondered if he had actually done it correct but before he could ask Shiro he would notice the world warping and twisting, the sight would make him feel sick for a bit but he had tried his best not to throw up and simply closed his eyes until it had passed. “Neat.” He’d mutter to himself as the moment he opened his eyes he would notice that they were no longer in the academy.

Questions? I guess the first would be what kind of summoning do you have? The second? Well, once I gain the approval of the toads what’s stopping me from just staying here and never going back?” The second was just banter as he had a feeling that there was no way he’d just be allowed to live with the toads, still being away from everyone at the academy would be nice. Fortunately, he had practiced wall walking on his own so he was saved from the humiliation of being carried.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime4th September 2022, 2:10 pm

There were a few long moments of silence as the pair of them walked down the trunk of the massive tree. It seemed like Shiro was thinking over a few things and was specifically scanning their eyes around to ensure there weren't any threats before they spoke again. "I am the Contract Holder of the Wolf Contract, though it might be an idea to keep that knowledge quiet while we are in the summoning realm. In this land, fueds and wars are common, every Contract has enemies and friends and saying the wrong thing in the wrong place might have you at the unfavourable end of a Summon's jaws or claws." Shiro said simple, shifting around a large branch to continue walking down the tree. "As for your second question? This place does not entirely conform to the rules of the physical realm, staying here might have adverse effects on you, perhaps it might alter your body, perhaps it would alter your mind. Not to mention the incredible dangers that lurk in these lands, errant summons, altered animals, disenfranchised demons. All of them hunt these lands in search of easy prey that they can gain power and sustenance from. Not only are you currently an easy target, which is no fault of your own, but you are also a very tempting one with your chakra. This is why I wished to travel with you, I was worried about your wellbeing."

They eventually reached the lake and Shiro simply stepped onto the surface of the water. If Maxi touched the water properly he'd find that it was very warm and had the same sticky property that the rain had, though it seemed like the water closer to Shiro was actually colder. With a nod, Shiro turned and motioned them in a specific direction. In the far distance there appeared to be some separated steppe lakes with large lily pads resting on the waters. "I tell you all this not to scare you but to prepare you. It is likely you will return here in the future, perhaps many times as I have, so it is best to be ready for anything that may happen."
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime6th September 2022, 5:39 pm

It was interesting to know that they had feuds even in the summoning realm, which meant that no matter where he tried to escape, there would be some sort of struggle for power. Still, he wondered what would happen if he mentioned that he was the holder of the wolf contract to the toads. Would they kill him or imprison him? In all honesty, he was tempted to oust him but he had been kind to him so far so he’d just keep it to himself unless something changed.

Sure all of that sounds extremely dangerous but I’m sure back in our world is just as dangerous. Adults always look at me in disgust some even openly stated that they wouldn’t mind some terrible happening to me so sure I’d be safer within the academy but what's going to happen when I leave?” He said as his mind wandered for a bit as he imagined what life would be like outside the academy, the dangers he would most certainly face, and the people who planned on using him to their benefit. That’s why he needed to keep to himself as he couldn’t trust anyone back there but at least his summons could grant him some respite until he became strong enough. “Right.” That was the only thing he’d say as he wondered how far they had to travel.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime13th September 2022, 2:00 pm

"Danger is a matter of perspective. I find this world far more dangerous, predators and hunters lurk in every shadow, however this land also has the possibility of great friendships. Our world is at least more stable and it's far less likely that being from a village will have someone from another village attempt to murder you on site. Pacts and alliances here are enforced by blood rather than words." Shiro spoke calmly as they directed Maxi towards these strange stepped pools. There was a slight change to Shiro's posture however and the tone of their voice actually took on a sympathetic note. "Adults should know better than to wish pain and death on a child. We were the ones that done this to you for the safety of the Republic... That means we must do our part to ensure that you truly have a life, one not just as a weapon. My lack of trust does not mean I do not care." The shinobi shook their head before directing Maxi to walk out ahead of them.

Leaves folded away and mist shifted as they walked, though it was obvious that Shiro was hanging back now to let Maxi take the lead. The mist started to take on a more fragrant note as they stepped forwards, turning from sap and leaf mulch to smelling spiced and exotic. Eventually the facade dropped, revealing a massive number of lily pads spread out across the surface of the water. Each one had a frog or toad of various sizes resting on it and at the back of the pool, lounging under a waterfall was a simply massive toad boasting a finely shaped fu manchu, a vertical scar through their left eye and a long pipe in one hand that was billowing the strangely scented smoke. Their bright eye locked onto the pair but specifically Maxi, waiting for them to make the first move, to talk first.
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime14th September 2022, 7:12 pm

He couldn’t help but scoff at his words. The gall to mention that the reason why his parents had abandoned him, why he was suffering mentally and had to put up with the voice in his head was for the safety of the republic than to say even though he didn’t trust him he still cared for him. “Yeah right.” He said hoping that this conversation was now done and dusted. What was said just managed to further piss him off but he’d get his revenge on these adults one day that was a promise.

As they continued their traverse through the strange lands, he would notice that the instructor was allowing him to walk in front now which would mean that they were probably close to their destination. If he was a normal person he’d probably be feeling anxious right now, his palms would be sweaty and his throat dry but all he felt was nothing, which was the norm for him. Still, when they had entered what seemed to be the home of the toads or somewhere near it he would step forward and bow his head.

Apologies for the intrusion. I’m Maximillian an academy student from the Republic of Five. I had come across Gamahime fighting against a few other creatures and saved her from the attack, I was told I could visit your home in order to meet the rest of her family.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime15th September 2022, 1:47 pm

There were a few long moments of silence before the toad took a deep draw from their pipe and let out a swirling cloud through their nose. When they spoke their voice sounded like the shifting of mountains, stone against stone, a bass that rumbled through the organs and made ripples in the water they were sitting in. "Ah, Gamahime mentioned ya, young one. You've got a demon inside ya yet ya showed kindness to one of my children. For that ya have my deepest thanks. I've been talkin' among my children and friends, we've all been wonderin' when ya'd arrive." He paused to take another lungful of vibrantly scented smoke before continuing. "But where are my manners? My name is Gamatachi, I'm the Boss of this here contract. Been a long while since we've had some fine talkin' with a shinobi, 'specially a young one like yaself."

There was a slight shift of Gamatachi's bulk and a nod and a few Toads shifted to move Shiro a bit further away from the group and to keep them from getting closer. Tachi seemed content at that and brought their bright yellow eye back down to Maxi. "I've got a reward for ya for rescuin' Hime, however I'd like to know a bit more about ya first. Don't worry, I won't hurt ya and I ain't gonna let that minder stalkin' ya get any say in either. So talk, tell me why ya rescued Hime, why'd ya come all this way, brave all this danger, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime15th September 2022, 3:15 pm

He was surprised that the boss had known he had one of those monsters that attacked the village sealed within him; maybe he gave off a different scent or aura in this world. Still, he was glad he didn’t have to bring it up as he hated even thinking about the demon much less speaking to or about it. He thought long and hard about the boss’ question, should he be honest? Or should he just make something that would make him seem he was normal? He had a feeling that lying would get him nowhere so he decided to just be as honest as possible.

I saved her because she seemed to be the one worse off in truth. While I was heading back to my room and came across the ground she had lost both her limbs and while the others were injured as well I felt as if I was to intervene it would to help the one who was worse off in the fight. That and she was the smallest of the three so I felt that she was at a disadvantage so decided to even the odds.” Once he finished he’d raise his head and looked directly into the boss" eyes.

Truth is I was never going to show up as it seemed like too much of a hassle but having done some research I found out that if I did follow her instructions I would be able to come here. Not because I wanted to explore unknown lands but because I wanted to see if this would be somewhere I could be free. Free from the constant side eyes of others around me, free from overhearing the whispers of others calling me a monster, maybe use the fact that I had saved her to be a part of something or be with people who wouldn’t look at me like I was some sort of freak. I know that was just childish thinking on my part but that’s the truth I just wanted to belong.” There was more he probably could’ve added but showing them too much of his pathetic side might be a determent so he just ended there.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime15th September 2022, 4:13 pm

The massive Toad tapped some ash out into the water around him, leaning back and looking up into the jungle canopy above. He nodded along as the young Jinchuriki spoke, making soft hums or a quiet croak on occasion. Once the boy was done, Gamatachi seemed to mull it over for a few moments before nodding once more. "So ya like to make things fair? Ya looked at the fight and backed the underdog rather than the winner. Makes sense considerin' what ya told me and it's somethin' I can respect. Now the bad news is this ain't a place where ya can truly be free, this place sheds blood ever since the dimensions merged. Everyone here... 'Cept us... Are gonna watch ya, judge ya, not because of what ya got inside ya but because you're a shinobi, an outsider in this place... And you'll be rocking with us. We got some friends in this place but we also got some mad enemies, ya hear?"

There was another pull from the pipe before a different voice piped up, more feminine, and coming from a much, much smaller frog, one that could almost be mistaken for a normal sized frog but it was indeed bigger. She had an aged look and a loose kimono wrapped around her body and she sipped from a fairly large gourd of sake. "Now we can't offer you a place where you aren't being watched but we can offer you a place where you belong. You saved Gamahime, you fought for the underdog, you showed you've got some kind of compassion around you. You ain't the prettiest toad, I won't lie to you, you don't got the warts for it eh but you've got a heart I can get behind." She took another slug of sake before wiping her mouth. "I'm Gamasora, Elder of the Contract, that big galoof's mother," She waved her gourd at Gamatachi, "And I've been around a few times! We can't have you staying here just yet, this place is mighty dangerous for a youngling like yourself!"

At this point, Gamatachi took back over with a wave of his pipe. "She speaks truth and here is the reward I offer ya. I'll teach ya the right summoning formula but I can't just let ya have the full contract so easy, instead I want ya to become part of the family. Call some of the tadpoles, the young toads, talk to them, get to know them, spend some time lounging around in a pond and then come back once you've done so and I'll get ya signed on properly, ya understand? Ya ain't a pretty toad but we can get ya actin' like one real quick, how's that sound?"
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime22nd September 2022, 2:06 pm

Truth be told he didn’t know to respond. Their words stirred up feelings he was unable to describe, feelings he had never felt before. Since birth, all he knew were negative feelings, anger whenever everyone looked at him like he was a disgusting freak, loneliness when his family fell apart and left him to suffer, and of course sadness. Sadness had been a mainstay in his life as he knew what it was like to not be filled with despair. When he was alone he would cry for hours on end and when he was around others he couldn’t help but distance himself from others and that, of course, would cause others to distance themselves from him but in truth, he didn’t care as he didn’t feel he could ever be loved.

He couldn’t help but tear up as it was strange for him to hear such kind words. They not only accepted him and but they wanted to fulfill his silly dream of finding somewhere to belong. “That sounds great..” He finally said as tears rolled down his cheeks. His tears weren’t those of sadness but it was something much more pleasant. The euphoric sensation would immediately overwhelm him causing him to laugh uncontrollably “What is this? This feeling? This feels amazing.” As his laughter continued to echo throughout the area a yellow cloak of chakra would begin forming around him unsure of what was happening to him, he simply closed his eyes and allowed the sweet feeling of bliss to take him over.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime22nd September 2022, 3:18 pm

Gamatachi frowned slightly and gave a bit of a shift of his head. One of the other Frogs reached over and poked Maxi in the side to try and bring him back into focus. "Ah see ya've got that one inside ya, a real rough one to be sure." Gamatachi sighed softly and gave a bit of a hateful glare in Shiro's direction but the other Shinobi didn't seem to notice. They was currently attempting to circumvent their guards to try and get closer to Maxi before something bad happened but the Toads weren't letting them past at all. The Boss of the contract leaned down and nudged a lily pad over to Maxi that was marked with the new summoning formula.

"Ya've got to head back now, youngling. Ya need to get control of yourself, control of that thing inside ya and we can help ya do it but it needs work on your part too. Off you go now, we'll see each other again, sooner rather than later, eh?"
Gamatachi gave a nod and a bit of a salute with his pipe before activating the summoning formula and sending Maxi back to the Academy. Shiro frowned and turned, reverse summoning himself away as well. The moment they were back they summoned two Wolves to their side, both medium in size before moving over to Maxi.

"You need to calm down now, you're back in the Academy, you've got classes and you've got a lot of work to do. I expect an essay about this."
Their voice was surprisingly sharp, way less monotone than before. They didn't want to be so harsh to a child but they needed to fulfil the seal conditions to get rid of the tailed cloak and they knew that a lot of the other instructors would be a lot worse than they were.

Information:
Back to top Go down
Xi

Xi

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime25th September 2022, 4:27 pm

Maximillian would manage to get a grip of himself as he rose to his feet. He wasn’t sure what had just happened to him but it was obvious it had something to do with the monster in his head. Still, what he had experienced was something he hadn’t been able to do before and it made him feel a mixture of fear and excitement. As thoughts began racing through his head about frogs and what had happened he had forgotten that the instructor had been behind until he felt the stares. “Sure.” He did have work to do but an essay wasn’t one of those. His new object was to get strong enough to get to Genin and that feeling would be key to that accession. Without looking back at the instructor he would head to his room as all that walking around made him tired.

-Exit

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Froggy Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Froggy Afternoon   A Froggy Afternoon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Froggy Afternoon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Naruto Beginnings :: Origin Continent (Land of Beginnings) :: Republic of Five :: Republic Academy-
Jump to: