Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Wings and Chivalry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime12th October 2021, 2:24 pm

There were many people that likely thought the life of the higher ranks of the Shinobi were more interesting or more full of adventure, that they got to go on more dangerous missions and fight the most challenging of foes. Alas that was only a small part of their life. Seiko had luckily came into the Medical Corps knowing that the life wasn't necessarily glamorous... Though the paycheque was. The vast majority of her time had actually been taken up by paperwork and doing medical examinations of other shinobi, as well as healing those that came back wounded from missions or excursions.

It was due to her proficiency in such examinations and paperwork that she had been sent to the Republic Academy in order to make sure that the hygiene conditions were up to standard and also to ensure that the students were looking after themselves and were eating properly. So far this was the second day she had been here but she had been going fairly slow on purpose, she was on the lookout for... Problematic characters. It was too easy for the powerful to think themselves better, to decide that they didn't need the republic and Seiko didn't want that happening again, so if she could nudge them elsewise that might be for the best.

So far she hadn't had too many issues, though the next student scheduled she had heard interesting things about, Seiko hoped the young girl lived up to them.

The Med-Nin was currently stationed in one of the training fields under a large awning that she had set up, sitting on a simple chair with a table next to her holding her various papers and some examination tools, all weighed down so they didn't blow away. She was dressed in a simple skirt and dress shirt with a white and blue trenchcoat over the top and fingerless gloves on, her hair pulled back into a single large braid with a blue and white bow on the bottom.

She checked her watch and gave a small nod, it would only be a few minutes now until her next examinee came in, a young faunus by the name of Mika Nymphalidae.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime12th October 2021, 3:22 pm

Mika had been doing laps around the academy grounds, The weights she started to habitually wear barely seeming to affect her despite them adding more then twice her body weight, "I'm going to have to get some made that are heavier or something..." she said to herself as she jogged, changing things up now and again by flying, or doing long lunges, all the while trying to keep the same speed throughout the course she had planned for herself. This was all in another bid to catch up to the other students, their linage and clans likely giving them a head start on her, after all if they had come here to be Shinobi, it was very likely they had received training at a young age, so she had to train all the harder to not be left behind.

As she continued her endurance exercise she remembered that there was supposed to be someone there to do medial check ups, and as she got into the Training Fields proper she spotted the Awning that wasn't there when she had started her laps a few hours ago, so she slowly drew closer, her antenna twitching as she did so and she noticed the person there under it in the long coat and she smiled as he got closer and waved with one of her arms "Hello there" she called out as she made her way up to the Awning.

Smiling she did a few stretches and then recalled she was supposed to have a Medical checkup soon, and as that memory popped into her mind she let out a meep "Oh... Umm... did I leave you waiting long? Wait?... No I should ask if you're the one doing the medical checkups first" she said looking up at the taller woman... though to the tiny Faunus everyone was tall so...
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime12th October 2021, 8:05 pm

Seiko spent a few moments staring at the other girl, her metallic violet eyes seeming icy for a moment before she gave a nod and reached out to the pile of papers, sliding out a specific sheet. With a flick of her hand, a chair manifested out of code as well as a set of scales and a measuring stick that stabbed into the ground after it manifested. She then gestured towards the chair. "You are quite correct. My name is Seiko Rikigaku, Medical Ninja of Kohaigakure." Her voice wasn't cold but it was sharp and clipped and she flipped through the papers she had pulled out. "I just need you to confirm some details for me before I continue on with the examination.... And you were four and a half minutes late. Well within acceptable limits." A small smile quirked her lips before she adjusted her glasses and read from the paper.

"Name; Mika Nymphalidae. Faunus, Skull Tribe, Age 14, currently enrolled at the Republic Academy as a Student. If all of that is correct please nod." After waiting for a response she continued. Seiko pursed her lips and let out a small hum. "Unable to mold chakra, interesting. Consider this a personal inquiry, you need not answer if you aren't comfortable but why did you choose to train to become a Kunoichi, Mika? Natural affinity towards chakra or membership of a clan or powerful bloodline basically forces one into the profession but you've actively chosen to pursue this life and it leaves me curious as to why. If you would rather not answer then please stand up and step onto the scales so I can recheck your weight and height."

Seiko's voice didn't give anything but idle, perhaps bored curiosity away but if the girl harboured deep hatred or vengeful sentiments it might lead her down a dark path, someone like that would need to be coralled and watched over. Seiko did not trust anyone well enough to assume they were completely free of ulterior motives or darker inclinations, even she herself wasn't free of them but that was rationalised as a need for the greater good.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime13th October 2021, 2:10 pm

Mika stared at the woman as she seemingly got ready for things, apparently making some things simply appear out of thin air, likely one of those storing Jutsu or something? she heard of those, she thought they could be handy but sadly one needed to be able to utilize Chakra to make use of them in any real way, so it was another thing on a long line of things she would have to do without. When the Chair was gestured to Mika took the seat, the extra weights on her still not really bothering her at all, she was going to introduce herself as well but the woman flipped through some papers and continued talking so Mika stay quiet and listened politely, her antenna twitching as she listened. Though she did smile when the woman said she was late but it was okay.... at least that's what Mika guessed when she said it was in acceptable limits anyway.

Well as it turned out she didn't need to introduce herself, the Woman read her name off the papers she had with her, well it made sense if she was the one doing all the medical checkups and the like then of course she would know her name and race, and the other info made sense as well. So she nodded when prompted it was all correct, as the Woman continued Mika and mentioned her inability with Chakra she nodded as well, but then the woman asked a question. Mika tilted her head to the side as her Antenna gently moved about, it was a rather fair question really, and Mika had to think on it a bit "I don't mind answering... In all honesty I think it was in a way to do what my parents used to do, They were Couriers, the whole family is, but well after I was borne the work wasn't doing well enough.. so my parents moved the family here, though... Because Shinobi are more used in the Republic... From what I understand those in training sometimes do simple courier work in the village they are part of, so it was harder for my parents to get their feet off the ground as Couriers.." she answered.

"And well They suggested I look for a different profession, something that might be easier to get work doing since Couriers for the most part are replaced with low ranked or in training Shinobi or at least it seemed that way" she added as she thought about it "So I ended up deciding that if Shinobi were being used in that manner I may as well try out for it, so I started to train myself slightly so I was in better condition and then I joined the academy, I mean I likely have a long way to go before I can even get near the other students here, they seem to all come from families or clans that have some history in this line of work, and like you said I can't use Chakra really, so I figured I would likely be left in the lower ranks due to that limitation, but if that means I can do something like my family traditionally used to do then I am happy enough with that, but that's not stopping me from trying my best while I am here" she said with a bright smile as she then started to take the weighted gear off.

She eventually removed all the weights totally just over double her body weight and smiled as she hopped up and walked over to the scales and stood there ready to be weighed and measured though she did mutter to herself "I hope I didn't lose to much weight... don't want to lose some muscle..." quietly.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime14th October 2021, 7:18 pm

As the slightly older girl spoke, Seiko listened intently, not only to what was being said but the emotions behind it. There was a lot of emotions that she was unable to understand anymore, ones that she had purposefully cut out of her own mind, but anger was one she still had and it was the one she was most on watch for. However Mika didn't seem to be angry at anything, even her supposed belief that she was weaker than the others didn't seem to build some form of resentment which was quite strange... Or at least to Seiko it was strange, perhaps there was yet more she needed to learn about how people functioned mentally, not just physically.

Once Mika was done and she stepped onto the scales, Seiko stepped forwards and set the measuring stick up, checked it and then checked the scales. "Unfortunately it is true, the Hidden Villages are good for... Certain subsets of civilian life, namely smiths and chefs as the large two factors, however there are certain jobs that are given instead to the Shinobi. This is good for the Shinobi as it grants additional training and further settles them into the roles they must take over, however it does not lend itself well to looking after the civilian populace." She paused for a few moments, remembering the riots in Nazogakure and her lips pursed tightly.

"I will tell you however that the inability to mold chakra does not alter your chances of rising in the ranks and if anyone ever tries to tell you such then you should ignore them." She noted down a few things on the piece of paper and then stepped back. "In fact, loose pieces of information I have collated tell me that one of the so called 'Awakenings' is completely devoid of chakra. So consider that you are closer to superiority than you think. Your ability to rise within the ranks of the Republic is based on your determination, your personal skills and your willingness to fight." She stepped away and sat down on her chair once more.

"You seem physically fit and well. Are you eating enough? I will admit to worry about your height and weight, you're small and light, especially for your age. It's possible that it's due to animal expression in your lineage... Are your parents particularly small in size as well?" She put the paper down and seemed to fall into deep thought for a few moments. "With other students I have performed all manner of physical tests to ensure fitness and see about base physical capabilities, though for you I have a different idea. Have you fought at your full strength yet, Mika? From what you've said you seem to do a lot of training, your weights attest to that as well, have you ever had a chance to truly use what you have learned yet? If not, would you like to?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime14th October 2021, 8:48 pm

Mika smiled as she was measured and weighed, her antenna twitching gently as she listened to what the taller girl had to say, Well that was true, though there was also clothes making and wood working to do, so yeah like she said things like Chefs and Smiths, it made some sense, but back in her home region it wasn't like that, they didn't have Shinobi everywhere so people like her families line of work was really needed, Granted now it meant they could focus on other things and be home all the time, or near home so it was considered a better choice over all and Mika wouldn't have had the chance to come to the Academy, and by the sounds of it her choice to do so was correct to get the kind of work her parents used to do.

Though she never heard of an 'Awakening' but hearing that her lack of ability to mold chakra wouldn't affect her possibilities of being higher rank did make her smile, it just meant she had to put in more effort to make up for that difference that everyone else maybe took for granted? Ether way though she shouldn't assume just because the others could mold Chakra, didn't mean they too didn't work hard. She would have to remember that, and she nodded hearing about the willingness to fight, and skills, she hoped she could bring something to her work at least. though when asked about her size she didn't frown she simply tilted her head to the side and let her antenna gently move around as she thought.

"Well yeah I am eating properly, I my father is like.. six feet tall.. my mother is larger, but that's cause she is a Spider Faunus, so she's much taller, as for me? My father said I seem to have the same issue as Females in the family, my Aunt on my Fathers side is like barely five feet tall, so I think it's from my dads side.. all the females in his family end up very small" she said with a smile clearly it wasn't seen as a major concern, more a funny Family Quirk.

Mika stepped off the Scale now and sat back down across from the Medical-nin, a smile on her face, when asked about fighting at her full strength Mika thought about that then shook her head "Not really, I had a sparring match with another student but it didn't last long, he said he needed to go deal with other things after we traded some simple blows, and I met another person that gave me a few pointers but the Sparring wasn't very long there ether though I tried hard I have trained a lot since then. and I didn't see much point in going all out when sparring with my classmate" she said "But yeah I spend almost all my time training when I can" she said happily "Have to keep up with everyone else after all though... those weights are losing their effectiveness... I got used to them a while ago... I might have to have some custom ones made.. Oh right back on point.. I mean I would LOVE to try" she said eagerly.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime15th October 2021, 8:19 pm

Seiko's eyes narrowed for a few moments as Mika spoke but she reached up and shifted her glasses again, her face returning to a neutral expression. It would seem as though there was nothing to worry about in regards to the Faunus' height, it was hereditary and didn't seem to impact her physical abilities.  She placed a few more notes down on the paper she was holding and then put it back in the stack with the rest before giving a few nods.

"It might seem... Ironic coming from myself, but as a Medical Ninja I am also supposed to worry for and care about your emotional wellbeing. So on that front it is good to hear that you seem to be making friends, my official guidelines state for me to ask you to continue making friends and gaining connections to ensure proper emotional growth. If anyone is treating you poorly, bring it up during either this medical review, the next one or to one of the teachers of the Academy." Her voice was flat and emotionless as she spoke and she seemed to give a bit of a dismissive wave before standing up.

"I believe there is something more important and interesting for you to do just now however."
She smiled and waved to Mika to follow her as she stepped out from under the awning and out into the training field. Once Seiko was a solid sixty feet away from Mika she turned around and snapped her fingers. Forming out of floating code and twitching lines of energy, a pair of massive metal warriors dropped down on either side of Seiko. The first was heavy and wide around the shoulders and chest with a large comb of white and blue horsehair across the top of its helm. It wielded a large Halberd which it drew as it rose up to its full height, well over twelve feet tall.

The other was lighter and thinner around the body and limbs and had several flowing blue and white ribbons running from its elbows and the back of its helm. This Knight carried a long spear but it stayed crouching on one knee, one fist down against the earth, the other crossed across its chest. Seiko put her arms behind her back and nodded towards the warriors. "These are currently my two most powerful creations; Sir Bors and Sir Tristan of the Round Table. For now I shall have you face off against Sir Bors and I shall limit his strength so that he does not hurt you. You'll need to exert massive force to be able to damage Sir Bors and until you show you are capable of such, I will not enhance the Knight's abilities as I usually do during combat. If fighting one of them feels too easy or you wish to challenge yourself further, feel free to attack Sir Tristan to add him to the combat... Or you may attack me, whereupon I will treat you as a normal opponent and do what I must to render you unable to fight. Following that, should you sustain any injuries I shall heal you, so you can also use the Eight Gates if you have access to them." Seiko's smile was ice cold this time, almost predatory and she stepped back, letting Sir Bors step forwards and readying his halberd, leaving fifty feet of space between Mika and the Knight.

"You may begin whenever you wish."

Sir Bors Information:

Techniques:
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime15th October 2021, 11:11 pm

Mika looked a bit confused as Seiko Mentioned it being Ironic that she was meant to also worry about one's Emotional state as well, and she tilted her head, her antenna waving around a bit as she thought about what she said but she honestly couldn't think of a reason why it was Ironic. As she thought about it though the Medical-nin had motioned for her to follow so Mika did do that. Something more important? OH right she had asked if she had ever gone all out, was this connected to that? Maybe she had some training method that Mika hadn't thought of and she was going to Demonstrate it? That would be especially helpful she had been stuck for a while as she was running out of Ideas for how to increase her training.

Though she wasn't expecting Her to turn around and simply snap her fingers causing two large armored... people? no.. Dolls maybe? To appear out of thin air and stand next to Seiko. Mika looked at them, they looked durable, and the weapons seemed dangerous as well, but rather then being scared she seemed to hop gently as she warmed up a bit maybe she was gonna be hitting them? Just as she thought that Seiko started to talk again and explain what was going on and what those two things were... the smile on her face got larger and larger as the Explanation continued and Mika listened to the explanation, so attack the one called Bors, it will fight back, but it will be hard to damage, that was good, Seiko will keep it's power restrained and will only increase it if she can actually damage it, and she could attack the other one to add it into the fight... and finally if she really wanted to test herself she could attack Seiko and she would go all out on her to stop her?

The Smile on Mika's face grew, this sounded like it was going to be fun and she stopped bouncing on her heels, though mention of the Eight gates got her attention, she had learned of them from a book, but it seemed they were well known, it made sense, lots of Shinobi probably knew the technique, it was likely a very common technique to learn after all, and Mika nodded as Seiko said she could begin when ever she wanted and she stretched all four arms for a moment before lowering into her Burst knuckle fighting style stance, legs spaced for a solid foundation, arms held slightly bent and slightly out in front of her one to the left and right, and one near her waist and the other near level with her forehead and as she did so the expression melted away from her face and it became an emotionless mask as she stood there.

She suddenly kicked off the ground and launched herself at the Enemy at C-rank speed, reaching back with one arm and throwing a hard left cross Putting C-rank strength behind the attack, she never got to use this before on a target that could move so she was hoping it would go well.

Techniques:

Tiers:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime16th October 2021, 3:18 pm

As Mika pushed off the ground, Sir Bors flourished his halberd with a spin and then left it sitting in his left hand, closed near the crescent blade at the top with the haft running along his forearm. His other hand was held out in front of him, palm out and fingers opened as though in a warding gesture. As Mika closed in, the Knight flexed slightly, a soft hiss of servos and wires emanating from its body and then it stepped forwards and caught Mika's punch straight on the palm of its hand. The explosion blew past and across Bors' shoulder but it didn't even seem to dent the metal that the Knight was made of.

Sir Bors then pushed forwards, swinging its hand in a large scooping motion to use his strength and size to try and send Mika flying backwards and then he took another step forwards, boot slamming down onto the ground, cracking the stone underneath, his stance set and solid. Seiko at this point simply nodded as though she expected this and spoke out. "My Knights were designed to act as my frontline guard and to assist one another in combat. To ensure such a thing they are crafted with high physical abilities, Sir Bors is more balanced than Sir Tristan."

Already the girl was showing Seiko a lot of how she fought, straight forward attack against even a greater foe, nothing tricky about it. Seiko could appreciate that and could easily see how her tactics had evolved. She then waved her hand and this time Sir Bors attacked, a flick of his wrist sending the halberd sliding down so that he could grasp it properly and swing it around with B-Rank strength to try and strike Mika in the side with the blunt side of the halberd, it would hardly be enough to incapacitate but hopefully it would urge Mika to fight harder.

Information:
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime22nd October 2021, 4:48 pm

After the Impact Mika measured the force she used, and how tough the construct seemed to be, her antenna twitched as she felt the hand pushing back in a scooping motion, she kicked off the hand and flipped in midair, her face still expressionless as she listened to the woman speak about the Knights durability she figured it was better to step things up. As the attack came Mika stayed in the air, and as it came towards her she flicked her wings to to spin sideways her leg kicking out knock the weapon off target as she simply absorbed the grazing impact from the strike and from the explosion that was set off from her strike.

With the attack cleared from her Mika focused for a half second, the first gate wouldn't be enough, so she thought on the second, that one wouldn't help all that much ether, from how hard it was, and hearing it was built to be durable, she figured she would need to go for the Third gate, the highest gate she could open.. but also the one she only just managed to open not to long ago, Taking a breath she opened the first gate, and flicked her wings to send her at the Knight's torso with her increased strength allowing her to fly at B+ speed, she then opened the second gate halfway to her target, pulling her hand back and getting ready to strike, she could feel the pain vanish, she knew it was still going on, but the second gate allowed her to simply not feel it.

Just as she got to her Target she opened the third gate, her white skin suddenly turning Crimson as she throws her fist forward, her body much stronger, and the punch was with A+ strength, and as it impacted it would cause an equal strength explosion focused on the impact point and while it would engulf them both, Mika's body was toughened by the gates as well, she could not only take the hit, she could feel that energy feeding back into herself and energizing her as she quickly lashed out with a kick for the same target with her A+ strength, using that strength to fly and keep her close to the Knight.

information:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime22nd October 2021, 7:20 pm

A slight smile slid over Seiko's face and her eyes narrowed as Mika began another charge towards Bors after deflecting his blow. It was interesting to note that she wasn't dramatic about using her Gates unlike some other people that Seiko knew but the younger girl could easily recognise their effects nonetheless. She didn't shift her position at all as she sent her mental commands to Sir Bors and the knight set his stance, rotating the halberd around so that he clutched it with both hands, head towards the ground.

When Mika drew in close and the red flare began, Sir Bors leapt forwards diagonally, letting the explosion blast past him and slamming the spearhead of his halberd into the ground, arresting his movement so that he didn't move the full distance. The grip on his halberd then let him spin and lash out with a kick, a massive blast of air launching outwards at S-Rank+ Speeds, though it would only deal A-Rank+ Damage, blowing through the explosion and negating the strike from the kick due to equal force being applied. At the same time as Bors' dodge, Sir Tristan dashed forwards using his full strength, fingers digging into the ground and lightning flaring across his body so that he could stand in Seiko's path and block any explosions that might have hit her.

As Bors' foot slammed down from the kick, a series of spikes would stab up out of the ground to attempt to surround Mika and lock her inside. Seiko knew that at her current strength the prison chamber wouldn't be able to keep her in at all but rules were there to be broken, even if it was stealthily. If Mika did end up inside the prison chamber, Seiko would twist her foot, altering the earth around her and that of the Prison Chamber by massively boosting its physical durability, though it would be completely impercetible unless Mika attempted to break her way out of it.

Information:
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime27th October 2021, 5:05 am

Mika watched the Golem move out of the attack and then cancel out her follow up attack, her face still expressionless as the all transpired. Her antenna twitched as she sensed the movement beneath her and she suddenly shop up into the air, and as she got to the lip of the Prison she kicked one side, causing another explosion and sending Shrapnel flying all around, and with her hands she simply ripped the other side out of the ground and hurled it at Bors, she wasn't sure if it reacted from it's own sight or Seiko's, but she threw the chunk of earth in such a way that it would block Seiko's sight of her as she followed it in to attack.

The Chunk of earth was easily large enough to hide her, and make it hard to tell if she would attack high or low... at least it would if Seiko was the one that had to see her to react, it was the best move she could make as it seemed, from the strike, that her actions were being figured out, so it was ether the golem she was fighting or it was Seiko, she decided it was best to assume it was the user of the technique rather then the thing she was fighting at least it was the safer bet to make, and so she used the flying debris as cover to hider her attack, she went for the section under the left arm, striking with all four arms into the joint and as she made her attack 4 close proximity explosions went off from the 4 simultaneous A+ strength strikes.

info:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime15th August 2022, 9:50 am

With a quick mental direction, Sir Bors hopped to the side, driving his foot into the ground using his strength so that he halted himself. This meant that rather than hiding Mika from Seiko's sight, the chunk of stone she had thrown would actually protect Sir Bors from Mika herself and would also block her own sight. Or it would have done if Seiko hadn't already realised just how strong the girl was and was ready to deal with it.

As the rock passed between them, Sir Bors smashed it out of the air with one massive foot before stepping in and adjusting his grip on his halberd. One hand was up at the head, the other was far lower down and he held it horizontally before crouching and slamming his arms straight down, pushing Mika's swinging hands down into the dirt to lock her arms in place with the halberd, interrupting the strikes. He then leaned forward and attempted to headbutt her straight into the dirt, using a bit more of his brute strength to do so. If she cancelled the strike however or had a way to blast through it then Bors' hull would end up scorched but pretty much entirely undamaged despite the massive strength that Mika was displaying.

Either way, Seiko was impressed by the abilities of the girl and made a mental note to check up on this one more in the future, she might not only end up incredibly powerful but also incredibly useful.

Information:
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime15th August 2022, 5:25 pm

Mika watched the rock get kicked aside and then the flourish as the halberd make down, rather then continue her attack though she flicked her wings and flew upward and to the side cancelling her own attack, before flicking her wings once more and going for the head of the knight from a higher angle, her normal strikes didn't seem to be doing anything, even these gates were not enough, she had to strike in another way, she closed her eyes, and focused as she moved in on the Knights head, she remembered sensing this energy in her sparring match before, she could sense it wasn't exactly chakra, and she had tried to duplicate it during training, it took a toll on her but it was one she was willing to deal with, besides, this would be a chance to see how far her training could take her, and Seiko had been nice enough to give her a sparring partner she could go all out on to test her skill so why hold back?

With that thought in her head her hands started to glow with a gentle pulsing glow as she moved in to strike at Bors head, she could feel her body lose something, as she did so and her attack came in hard and fast, trying to deal some damage to the large construct, even if the attack didn't hit the end of her attack would end in an explosion as usual. she just had to keep pushing, she could go just a little further. No doubt any of the other students here likely could have damaged the Knight already, maybe not defeated it but she was sure that she was still behind any performance any other student could have done here at the academy, they had the benefits of a life likely expecting to be here, and thus getting ready for it, as well as chakra, she had to make do with what she had, Though this medical nin had said that her lack of chakra wouldn't remove her from moving up, that didn't mean she shouldn't train hard to catch up to everyone else.

notes:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime16th August 2022, 10:15 am

A smirk slid onto Seiko's features as the glow took over Mika's hands. She wasn't sure if the girl had made the mistake of only focusing on her physical abilities and her brute strength or if she had figured out that there was much more she could do. Seiko was fairly sure the resonance was spiritual as Natural Energy was far too difficult to handle especially at Mika's rank and without access to Psionic, as far as she was aware, Nen just wasn't possible to get. She gave a satisfied nod and decided that it was likely time to show another combat aspect.

Bors didn't even attempt to dodge... Or to stop the strike. He took the blow straight to the head, the armour crunching under the spiritual force and then blackening due to the blast however he in turn slammed his fist into Mika's chest with S-Rank strength. He carefully measured his force to ensure that he wouldn't kill her with the blow but it would almost certainly send her flying backwards and it would be incredibly painful and taxing on the body to take such a blow.

"Some battles are won by the simplest, yet riskiest, methods. Ignoring a blow can let you exploit an opening, though this is far more dangerous for you than it is for Sir Bors." Seiko called out to Mika. The Knight hopped back and crouched down in front of Seiko who tapped it, causing it arcs of electricity to run across his body and his armour to groan and creak as it hardened even further, Sir Tristan also laid a hand on his brother, his own arcs of lightning adding to Seiko's. "You are free to continue the fight or I can fix your wounds and we can talk about it instead. Though you have pushed me to enhance Sir Bors, well done, you are doing incredibly well Mika."

Information:
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime16th August 2022, 3:23 pm

Mika Grimaced but made no sound as she was sent flying back by the strike, she then stalled her backwards movement and looked over at Seiko and the now enhanced Bors and she lowered herself to the ground taking a deep breath and then releasing it as the gates and her mantis blades faded from her her body trebling from the damage done to it, from both Bors and from the gates, but she didn't fall over, though she could feel the pain going through her body she smiled over at the Medical Nin as she sat down on the grass some of her body still trembling.

"I think we should call it there... I could barely damage him before, if he was just buffed I can't do much to him now, and besides if this was real I should be making an escape instead of trying to win the fight since I would have information on the enemy by this point, better to live and make a detailed report then die and no info getting out in a situation like this... besides I can feel I wouldn't have been able to keep that pace up" she sighed as she felt good from having moved to the best of her ability and actually managing to damage the thing, but she couldn't help but feel she was still behind what not doubt many in the school could have done to it with their abilities and likely more advanced training.

"Besides a person should know what they can handle... but that was fun" she said with a bright smile despite her body still shaking from the after effects of the gates having been opened.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime16th August 2022, 5:16 pm

Sir Bors slammed one hand to his chest and bowed towards Mika before Seiko waved a hand and returned him to code alongside Sir Tristan. With that done she jogged over to Mika and kneeled down beside her. A glow took over her hands as she reached over and soothed over the shorter girl's wounds, bruised flesh healing back to a normal shade and muscle pains fading away. "You have a very good mindset about it. If you cannot win the fight then take the knowledge with you and come back stronger or with additional allies. You done incredibly well, I do not believe there are any other Students that could inflict such damage to Sir Bors, I am quite impressed. Your abilities are incredibly advanced, I hope that you keep such training up." Seiko told her with a slight nod as she finished the healing before stepping back.

"I am glad that you had fun. Knowing your limits is very important as it tells you when a fight is unwinnable or not. I will be keeping my eye on you, Mika, you might become very useful once you are out of this academy. I don't know if I will be back but once you graduate from here, if you need medical assistance I will help you." Seiko reached into a pocket and handed over a small card with her contact details on it. "Do you have any other questions or would you like to end this session here and return to your classes?"

Seiko:
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime16th August 2022, 5:49 pm

Mika was taking in some lungful's of air slowly and calmly to help rest her body and slow her pulse a bit she had trained to this extent before, maybe not in this exact way, but pushing herself to this point? yes, it was how she accidently learned of the existence of the gates, after she opened the first one there was a lot of reading and asking around about them... especially after she ended up in the infirmary, she was aware that she would cause herself damage using it recklessly, but in this case the Medical-nin had said she could heal her, and she actually got a chance to go all out on something, so she was all smiles as the doctor ran up to her and started to heal her, though hearing the praise was nice she wasn't sure if it was true that other students couldn't inflict damage tot he Construct, she had gotten the Idea of her own attack by watching another student channeling similar energy when she sparred him, granted she smacked him in the face at the time and interrupted his concentration, but she had gotten a feeling for that energy and had figured out a means to do it herself after asking around and reading up, but she never got to see what it could do to a moving opponent.

"I think a lot of others could have done better, I'm kind of limited in my options most of the students here are not" she said with a smile, not seeming to mind saying that "But yeah I have to be aware of my limits when training or I might hurt myself and then all the training would be pointless, I'm used to gauging myself that way, and that hit was all I could manage, there was no way I could do more if it was made stronger" she nodded as she took the card.

"Oh Thanks, I'll keep that in mind" she said looking at the card and slipping it into one of her pouches before looking back at the taller girl and thinking if she had any other questions, she tried to think of some, but she really didn't have anything except maybe one "Do you know where I could find heavier weights? the training weights here at the academy are kind of light now.. I don't get much from using them even when wearing all they have available anymore.. I thought of using larger objects but they throw off balance, and while training that is important too it can cause injury so I like to use the more balanced weight sets and sometimes a Weighted backpack but other then that I don't have much else to use now" she asked honestly
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime19th August 2022, 10:33 am

"If by others you mean Academy Students then you are either oblivious or attempting to be modest. There isn't a Student here, even including the... Special ones... That could land a blow like you did to Sir Bors, not at the moment anyway. You need to work on your confidence, Mika, and realise that your training has already taken you far." Seiko gave her a nod and then stood up, offering a hand to help the shorter girl to her feet. As she did so she wondered over the student's question and hummed quietly, pursing her lips.

"I suggest you see if any of the instructors or students are Juryoku, one of them might be able to just make your weights heavier without actually adding more material. Otherwise if you can't find anything, send me a letter and I will have heavier ones, likely crafted from heavier Kaironokuma metals, sent to you for your use. If they are being used as training aids then there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed through to the academy." Seiko finally walked back to her little medical station and noted down a few last things on her documents. "If that is all then, Mika, I suggest you return to your classes. I am glad you enjoyed yourself today, do your best to rest up and let your body recover from what it was just put through. Have a pleasant day and take care of yourself."

[Exit if Mika Exits]
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime5th September 2022, 4:12 pm

"Special ones?" she asked looking a bit confused her antenna twitching a bit as she thought what she could mean, Though hearing someone tell her she was likely ahead of everyone else made her even more confused. Everyone else here had come from families that had lived this life for a long time supposedly, some even had clans that gave them special techniques from what she had read, it never mentioned what those techniques could be but it did mention something about bloodlines and secret family techniques being a thing, how could she possibly be ahead of people like that? Wouldn't they have had the best training from an early age? Not to mention they could all use Chakra and mold it and everything. The confused look simply stayed on her face as her antenna twitch around a bit as if trying to find some sense in what was being told to her.

Though as the Medical nin continued she shook herself out of it and listened to her, though she still had that confusion in the back of her mind, she took in the suggestion about finding a... Juryoku? They could make her weights heavier it seemed, how she didn't know though she did suggest sending her a letter if she couldn't find such a person and she would make her some heavier ones. Getting up a bit wobbly, Mika followed her back to the tent still listening to the woman, and as she dismissed her and advised her to rest Mika nodded, a rest day would be a good Idea she should train all the time or her body would just get worn out after all "Okay thank you ma'am" she said bowing to her and heading off to go back to classes for now, taking the weights with her to put them away first she couldn't just leave them laying around after all.

[exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wings and Chivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wings and Chivalry   Wings and Chivalry Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wings and Chivalry
Page 1 of 1