Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Solo Mission: C-rank Preacher

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenji

Kenji

Solo Mission: C-rank Preacher Empty
PostSubject: Solo Mission: C-rank Preacher   Solo Mission: C-rank Preacher Icon_minitime19th April 2021, 12:10 pm

Mission:

For it is foretold in the ancient scripts that though the Hidden Villages may act as a symbol of justice, strength, and unity, each carries with them dark secrets. In the light of Kami, all will be revealed but it is up to the flock to weed out the wolves who hide within the wool. For where wolves hide, flocks die. The man on the crate belted across the gathering of listeners. To each side of him stood a shaved, gender indistinct acolyte holding signs and regarding the crowd with focused scowls.
Boy, he sounds fun at parties. Roark said through his mental link with Banjo. The Blango huffed in agreement, scanning the crowd of listeners with mild interest. Get us closer, slowly. I don't want to spook anyone. This crowd already seems agitated. Roark instructed just as chirps of booing and name calling sprung up amongst the crowd.

Banjo nodded and began slowly pushing his way through the throng of people, walking on all fours in a saunter. He lightly pushed against people, who at most turned quickly to say something snappy before seeing the large ape with a forehead protector and stepping to the side without a peep. Rude citizen trying to shove his way to the front and get ahead of you? Sure, say some words maybe even shove back and start something if you're feeling a little extra feisty that day. A large blango who could easily cave in your skull just accidentally? Maybe keep quiet this time and take a hit to your pride for the sake of your face. It didn't hurt that the monkey also had a shotgun strapped to his back. Banjo quickly found that in Nazogakure, people made way for him with little argument.

Yee who boo first are the same that know thy wolfish neighbors. Perhaps they are friends, loved ones, even you yourself. You musn't be afraid to drag these heathens into Kami's light. Expose them for what they are so that they may repent and join our flock or be weeded out to preserve the rest. I know it is hard my sheep, it is difficult to look at those you know and have known for so long and realize that their souls are irredeemable. Small comments and actions ignored here and there. Minor, questionable behavior that you brushed off in the past. Think hard now, consider those people and consider the others in your life who you so desperately want to protect. The man continued over the boos and jeers. From his weapon form, Roark could see that while some continued to boo and deny him, others turned from side to side, looking at the people gathered around them. Thinking. Considering.

That can't be good. Roark thought as Banjo neared the front row. Though truthfully, he wasn't sure which would be the better outcome. The mission requested that he break up the preaching peacefully and without incident. Technically if all these people just went over to this cult...
Ah yes, here they are. The servants of Datara himself, come to silence the word of Kami and extinguish his light. The preacher interrupted Roark's thoughts. Look upon him my flock, the most bestial among you. Indeed the shinobi could not even be bothered to send a human being, but a beast instead to silence us. He walks among us, trying to blend in and be as we are, but he is the most obvious agent of Datara. Originally Gaia perhaps, but tainted by the shinobi at best and at worst, a pawn and tool for their agenda. Banjo began to bare his teeth at the preacher, annoyed by his words.

Easy there big fella. Roark said, trying to wrangle in the blango. Banjo huffed, sat back on his haunches and crossed his meet forearms in front of him, staring daggers at the preacher but doing nothing more. At this, the preacher became visibly unnerved. After all, Banjo was displaying a disturbingly impressive grasp on human behavior and there was visible hatred pointed towards his little soapbox. Regardless, the preacher recovered and continued, So, what will it be flock of Nazogakure? Will you come into Kami's light and shed yourselves of the wolves that hide among you? Or will you continue to deny his greatness and allow yourselves and your loved ones to be devoured by Datara's wolves one...by...one?"

The crowd was quiet for a long moment, as if all collectively considering his words. Then, someone raised their hand and shouted, "I will join Kami's flock and step into the light!"
Then another.
Then another.
More hands sprang up.
Far from the majority, but enough to make Roark's eyebrows raise, or would have if he currently had eyebrows.

However, as the hands rose, so too did the shouts.
"Are you stupid?"
"This man is a fraud and a conman!"
"Sure you don't believe him! You've all lost your minds."
Those that hadn't decided to join Kami's little flock, the wolves apparently, also had something to say and the new flock wasn't taking it lightly.
This is your test! Kami himself has presented these wolves to you and requires that you convert them or deny them. Stand against them for the lone sheep dies but the flock grazes peacefully. He is testing you, deny them, their words and make them stop such heretical speech. Please Kami and he will welcome you into his light with warm embrace! The preacher railed to the crowd, inspiring the new sheep to meet aggression with aggression of their own.

Shit. I ain't much for religion, but I'm bettin this guy is going off script. Get their attention. Roark ordered and Banjo happily obliged. The blango rose from his seat and approached the preacher who, wide-eyed yelled, My flock, help me! The agent of Datara has set his sights on me just as was foretold. Unfortunately, the crowd was too loud yelling and shoving to take any notice of the man's frantic pleas. To their credit, one of the acolytes gave a half step towards him to block Banjo, but a quick glare sent him/her scurrying back to where they had been standing.
Save me, help me my sheep, my flock! Without me you cannot reach providence. Kami's light will not, AGHHHAHAH! The man began to scream as Banjo's meaty hands wrapped around the thin man's arms and torso. He squeezed hard enough to get a good grip but in no way enough to actually hurt, then gently lifted the man off of his soapbox and placed on him on the ground. Banjo then hopped onto the box, which groaned beneath his superior weight but held firm and scanned the crowd as it grew worse and more violent by the second.

The blango took in a deep breath before screaming and beating his chest. The roar echoed down the street, drawing gazes and pale faces. It was amazing how quickly people forgot their anger when bestial, primal fear took its place. At that moment, Roark reverted to his weaponkin appearance and Banjo stepped down from the box, a satisfied smile on his lips. Yeah, I know, I know. You enjoyed that. Roark took his place on the box, adjusting his coat and hat to look all professional...or something.
People of Nazogakure, I ain't gonna stand up here and preach to you like this sumbitch. Ya'll don't need to fight amongst yourselves or get all riled up all because this guy found an ole milk crate and some signs. Now everyone just clear out, go home, hug your loved ones tonight or whatever else makes you happy and call it a day.

There was quiet for a long moment before the crowd began turning on him. Then the other half of the crowd turned on the first half for turning on him. Roark wiped his face slowly and sighed, looking at Banjo who just shrugged. The preacher, to his credit, continued his dedicated schpeal of bullshit, telling his new "followers" not to listen to Roark's heretical words. Fine, we'll do this my way then. Roark placed his hands behind his back, turning one into its shotgun form and firing loudly. The sound ripped through the crowd, pausing everyone and most dropped to take cover. Firearms were still quite rare in the village, so it was extremely rare for the common folk to hear them go off. Roark cleared his throat and then shouted, Everyone run! The Church of Kami have brought weapons and are firing upon you! Scatter! He shouted again and fired a second shot behind his back.

Panic replaced rage and well over a hundred individuals moved faster than they ever had in their lives. They scrambled over one another, pushing and shoving to run in eight different directions at once. It was far from pretty, but in about ten seconds the entire street corner was completely clear, except for Roark, Banjo and three slack jawed acolytes of the Church of Kami. I- uh- wha- You lied! You lied, we have no weapons! The preacher finally composed himself and confronted Roark. Roark fished in his coat pocket and pulled out the mission scroll.
Oh no? Honest mistake, sir, coulda' sworn I saw one on ya.

Disperse the crowd and the preachers, but you must not directly harm anyone. Roark read the last line to himself and looked at the empty square before turning to the three preachers, Any of you caused physical bodily harm today? The three looked at him with nothing less than utter confusion, No? Well alright then. Why don't you nice folks head on home. Sun's hanging low and you don't want to be on this street corner at night, I promise yer that. Have a good one then. Roark said, stepping off the soapbox and walking down the street, Banjo following behind him on all fours.

Claims:

1621/1500
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Elias

Elias

Solo Mission: C-rank Preacher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Solo Mission: C-rank Preacher   Solo Mission: C-rank Preacher Icon_minitime19th April 2021, 12:44 pm

Approved: 700 for Banjo, 1000 for Roark
Back to top Go down

Solo Mission: C-rank Preacher
Page 1 of 1