Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Shogunate Time Skip

Go down 
+5
Tikz
Co
Gorotsuki
Satsuki
Kenji
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Kenji

Kenji

Shogunate Time Skip Empty
PostSubject: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime29th April 2015, 12:27 am

So with the war business more or less done...or so I've been told, we're in desperate need for a timeskip. The other factions can do as they please but since I seem to be more or less in charge of you band of hooligans I'm saying we need a TS of like 2-4 years after this cease-fire meeting is posted and done. If any one has objections to this voice them here, also say what number of years you want the TS to be. Obviously only people with Shogunate characters should post in this topic.

Also for you noobs, don't bother doing the TS unless you want to since you JUST started. This is mostly for the veteran characters so we don't have a bunch of 12 year olds running the country.
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Satsuki

Satsuki

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime29th April 2015, 12:47 am

So an age increase is all this is really about?
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime29th April 2015, 2:44 am

I'd just like to point out a single faction time skip is rather pointless as it would put one faction into the future while the rest remain in a different time period. honestly it would break any timeline that we have.
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime29th April 2015, 4:18 am

I'd like to also point out that you should have all been aging for quite awhile now
Epsilon base characters whom most of you went to school with are all in their 16-17 + age group now. As roughly 4.5 - 5 + years should have passed globally.

This is assuming you all haven't already done this.

If timeskipping, I believe it should be something that both ASN and Shogun at the very least do hand in hand, otherwise its pointless. interactions with all other factions should be done in the past or future sections (depending on whom makes topics) until others have caught up. Including new members and characters.

From the top of my drunkard head, thhis is all i can manage to think of. Information you all already knew but just a friendly reminder.

Lots of love,

Cola.
Back to top Go down
Tikz

Tikz

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime29th April 2015, 5:46 pm

Well with the time skip what would be the rewards for new chara's as well as the vets cuz some of us are going for promotions and some other things I do agree that it should kinda be global tho would kinda be a problem if only we did it.
Back to top Go down
http://narouteclipse.b1.jcink.com
Satsuki

Satsuki

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime29th April 2015, 8:43 pm

Why not just make a universal year timing. Make it so every three months = 1 year. Four ic years in one ooc year. Why three? Well the average amount of weeks in a month is four, four times three is twelve. Twelve months in a year.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime29th April 2015, 11:50 pm

only thing is the time system currently in play is pretty easy to follow along with. also it i will admit that ratio isn't too bad
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime30th April 2015, 12:01 am

I've talked to Vix in the past and she said it was up to each Faction to do Time Skips because they follow their own Plots.

If that has changed then let me know and we can ignore the whole thing.

All I know is Cyrus has been the same age since he was a Tokubetsu Jonin. Sooooo we need to have a site wide talk about the age stuff because I know Roxas (and the ASN) are in the same boat but apparently Epsilon has been aging?

I think there's some miscommunication here.
Back to top Go down
Gorotsuki

Gorotsuki

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime30th April 2015, 12:05 am

ASN has been aging. with exception to a couple who neglected too.

Did she say that? Hmm, I'll bop heads with Cassy to pick at her mind for that. At the moment, im a bit iffy on separate time lines only because well, it throws the whole balance of the rp out of wack so to speak
Back to top Go down
Co

Co

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime30th April 2015, 12:07 am

Based on your plots of your own factions. You should all be 4-5 years older regardless. Thats for the first gen academy students anyway. At the moment all factions should be on an equal timeline as none have specified the age separations or end plot time skips. Meaning everyone should have aged equally.

To my understanding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime30th April 2015, 12:42 pm

I concur with Cola, Zelana has aged five years since the academy, it was to my understanding that time was non-linear and that each faction had their own time-line. If the Shogunate wish to do a time-skip I don't want it to affect Pandora so a universal one wouldn't be fair to us in non-shogunate factions.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime30th April 2015, 4:27 pm

No one was talking about a universal time skip Xander, that's why I said Shogunate people...and why it's titled Shogunate Time Skip. This whole branching time line thing seems to be a bit confusing and not very well flushed out. The only reason I was going to do a small TS for the Shogunate is because it would make sense to have some time gap after a war...or Cold War really and because this site is run by literal children right now. No one seems to make it beyond the age of 20 on this site without there being a 100 year TS wipe or the character just dies. This TS is solely for logical reasons so that a whole nation isn't being run by a group of teenagers. If it's going to cause a big fuss then I won't do it, not a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Aurielle
Admin
Aurielle

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime30th April 2015, 8:16 pm

Zzzz it's your faction Kenken do the skip if you want. Time isn't linear and if the other factions have a problem with it they can simply adjust their ages accordingly when they wish to rp with Shogunate people who are ahead in terms of the time-line. No need for any of this to become an issue, nor do you really need the permission of others on the forum other than those in the Shogunate that is the whole point of their being factions.
Back to top Go down
https://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime1st May 2015, 12:49 pm

Okay then, as this topic was originally designed, only people with Shogunate characters please comment if you are for or against this Time Skip idea. If you're for it, put the amount of years, I'd say between 2 and 5, that you'd like to age. If you're against it give a reason why. As I said in the original post the new people/characters that were just made do not have to age if they don't want to simply because they weren't around for the war and everything before it so they can simply be the age they started at the end of this time skip. However, if they want to they can age, completely up to the individual. All veteran characters must age, if a TS is voted into approval.

As I said please ONLY SHOGUNATE characters/members comment now. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime1st May 2015, 8:17 pm

I'd like 4 years, that's a good amount of time which would pass, not to mention it would make any of the teenagers in young adults.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime4th May 2015, 11:31 pm

I'm with Sav, 4 seems about right.
Back to top Go down
Chidi

Chidi

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime5th May 2015, 3:50 am

..... 4 is cool
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime1st June 2015, 6:12 pm

Alright Shogunate people, it's official.

Add 4 years to your age if you haven't done so already. Also adapt your profile to the Shogunate template if you're still using the Shinobi template and make sure all history is up to date for your rank.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shogunate Time Skip   Shogunate Time Skip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shogunate Time Skip
Page 1 of 1