Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Blade

Blade

The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Empty
PostSubject: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime22nd December 2014, 9:06 pm

This person had certainly been a bother to track, always flitting from land to land, location to location, barely spending a day in one spot before moving on. Why couldn't they just find a nice little spot to sit in and sit there for weeks until someone came along to collect their bounty? It would make life so much easier for Arikiko. Thankfully he was just a silly soulless, a Nova, not exactly the toughest of beings out there, soulless were generally known for massive chakra supplies and the ability to have one of a ludicrous amount of elemental nature releases. Dopplegangers were another speciality. So many variables but it wasn't as if Arikiko actually cared about things like that, he knew he could do it, no matter what. The hunt however was coming to its climax and that made him rather upset actually. He was enjoying this running around, after all... He was a Zireh, it was what he was made for.

Over this hill was where his target would be, waiting in a camp for Arikiko to come and put an axe through their skull. He could feel Morghul hum softly against him and he knew the red lines that crossed over his oldest ally's body would be pulsing and shifting with the sounds that he was making, it was an odd quirk of Morghul's form. Chromia was oddly silent though, then again she was always like that when it came to the eve of combat, she didn't like it all too much... Didn't explain why her abilities were made as such though. Such thoughts were just getting in the way. He shook his head and climbed up the hill, his fingers digging into the dirt to pull him upwards until he pulled himself onto the crest and looked down at the small camp, the rays of the lowering sun illuminating it.

With a soft sigh Arikiko then looked around, letting his eyes wander, he would wait until night, strike when the Soulless slept to increase the nature of surprise, make it even harder to fight back. Not to mention he could look out for any Missing Nin that might try to take his kill from him. Sitting down on his backside, he placed Morghul across his lap and set his mind to watch, a sentry over his prey as he waited for the perfect opportunity to strike...
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime26th December 2014, 3:34 am

Tairaela wandered through the land grasping a poster in her left hand tightly. The posted was one that was offering a reward for the bounty of her target. Rae's vectors snipped and clutched at the air, twitching in anticipation of the kill. Who was her target? She didn't really know, she didn't care. All she cared about was the fact that she unfortunately needed some of that stupid currency that the populace of the world depended on for everything. She took enjoyment in meeting the various people that were considered outlaws like her. People that refused to conform to the twisted and sick regulations set by the various factions that claimed the shinobi world as their own. Most of these people however had very disappointing reasons for not following the law, in fact Rae had yet to find a single person who had similar thoughts to hers. No one cared about reshaping the world, making things better for themselves. All they cared about was living in the moment and increasing their riches. "Riches will mean nothing when this world falls to ashes." she said to herself, looking to the ground, where her blind eyes saw something much more.

As for her target, she had felt him in a shopping center and had wandered in the direction he went when he escaped her field of perception. It had been quite a while since then. The chill in the air told Tairaela it was night. She figured her target would be stopping soon, which meant she would catch up. And catch up she did as she felt an unnatural object, a tent it seemed like. Rae smiled as she sliced open the side of it with her vectors and began to float above the ground by several feet. "You... for what purpose do you exist for?" she asked with a bored expression. Waiting for a response as her vectors ripped away the man's shelter.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime31st December 2014, 9:43 pm

"There is someone coming... Female from what I can tell, doesn't seem to notice me. How odd, you'd think that someone like me wouldn't be too hard to see, sitting on top of a hill. Oh well, time to say hello, because this is my bounty..." Arikiko whispered to himself, pink eyes narrowing while his head cocked to the side. Taking a deep breath through his nose, the cold air filling his body, he rose to his feet and hooked his foot under Morghul's haft, flicking the massive weapon into the air. The Vanir's right hand snapped out and caught the axe before he crouched down, a golden aura covering his body and he leaped off of his perch. Thankfully he didn't use strength so there wasn't any loud crack or any actual noises other than the swishes of clothing as he flew through the air towards the girl. Angling himself in midair he landed in front of, a distance of about five feet.

There was a grin on his face as he rose to his full height, not so impressive honestly, rotated Morghul over his wrist and slammed the weapon into the dirt by Tairaela's feet, the weapon glowing angrily with deep red lines. "I suggest you watch yourself, sweetie, this is my bounty, my kill. Not sure who you are honestly but if you try and take the person in that tent, I'll take your head. I hope that's not too much issue." He flashed her a bright grin and crossed his arms over his chest. His voice was a scarce hiss though, he didn't want to wake up his target. "If it matters at all, I'm Arikiko Yaju, some people know me, some don't..." Arikiko gave a shrug, analyzing the girl to see if she was carrying any weapons or if there was anything he could make out... As it happened, there really wasn't...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime31st December 2014, 10:19 pm

As Arikiko leapt from the hill towards Rae, he entered her field of vision. Feeling his presence she slammed one of her vectors into his side. She need not bother using her full strength yet, for she had yet to ask her question. "Oh look another fool that thinks they own the bounty they are after. Unfortunately I need to eat too." she replied without adjusting her gaze. She occasionally ran into other missing nin. So she wasn't unused to these kinds of confrontations. It seemed today she would be able to judge two people. Not that it mattered, the outcome was always the same. Not once did she get a good answer. Rae was starting to lose hope that there were others with an enlightened outlook on the world. The path to true peace was there, but only the blind girl seemed to see it.

Rae would wait for him to get back up before speaking again. "Before we go on with this I'd like you to answer a question." she said while staring at the tent, feeling the sleeping one inside, one of her vectors looming silently over his throat. "What purpose do you live for?" she asked Arikiko, turning her unseeing eyes towards him. A vector loomed over the axe that had been thrown into the ground as well, ready to block access to it if necessary. The man before Rae didn't really feel special in any way, he carried several weapons and was exceptionally cocky which was... how the majority of the missing nin she encountered was. It was unlikely she would find anything special in him. Was it even worth it to wait for a response? She could easily cut down both her target and him at once, it would be harder once they were prepared.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime31st December 2014, 10:59 pm

Feeling something strike his side, Arikiko growled and used the momentum of the hit to, rather than be moved through the air, roll over the Vector and land on the ground. He almost took it as an assault, almost let his rage consume him and bring death to this girl but he didn't, he calmed himself instead and lifted Morghul out of the ground, resting the weapon on his shoulder and narrowing his eyes at the girl. Now that he was closer she had an odd glazed over look in her eyes... And what exactly had hit him in midair? A pulse of energy stretched around him, although Rae wouldn't be able to see it due to lacking chakra vision, and it pinged all of the Vectors as well as her own body... Which was good, it meant that she wasn't hiding and that she was a Zerin. He knew of the clan but not of their intricacies, he knew though that they had invisible arms that could deal some serious damage...

With a sigh his body surged with energy, the power running through his veins and he simply lifted his arm, as though to bring it around behind his head, flicking his wrist at the last moment, near-invisible wires firing out from it at S-Rank speeds to slice straight through the majority of the vectors near him. The wires themselves would be sharpened and would require S-Rank reaction tiers to even notice coming. Once they had swiftly dealt with the vectors, Arikiko dusted himself down and gave a sigh. "Okay, that was quite rude of you to do such a thing. You're lucky I have some serious self control or you would be spattered over the floor by now. I shall grace you though and answer your question, consider it a kindness and a wish to wipe the slate clean. I live for no true purpose, I live simply to live, day after day just to experience the world, see how it works and to crush those against me. If I could make a change to the world I would, kill to make everything a little bit better. Is that satisfactory?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime31st December 2014, 11:22 pm

Rae didn't even flinch as he cut several of her vectors. It was quite a nuisance though, somehow he was able to see them. When he yelled at her for attacking him she simply smiled and said "Then next time don't jump towards a blind girl with your big axe that most certainly isn't compensating for anything." the sarcasm in her voice was very clear. His answer though started off exactly like every other missing nin. "Oh I just want to cut people up and battle a bunch, I don't have a purpose." She almost cringed at the shallowness in the comment. However he went on to talk about killing to change the world. This was new, and interesting. The only times missing nin really talked about changing the world it was just against the shinobi for outlawing them.

Rae wasn't entirely convinced due to the first half of his answer, so she decided to question him further. "What makes you believe the world needs changing? And how do you think killing could possibly make it better." Of course the questions made it sound like she was against the idea in order to make him defend his opinion and hopefully bring out his deeper thoughts on the subject. Rae's own answers to her questions were obvious. The world needs changing because it's corrupt, it only spreads pain and hatred and creates either monsters or victims. Killing would serve to wipe the slate of both the monsters and the victims and put in a new world order with no grudges, no discrimination.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime31st December 2014, 11:36 pm

"Compensating for something, I said much the same to him only a few days ago, did I not Morghul." He asked, tapping the weapon with his free hand and getting only a grumble in response. "Ah, sorry, must've touched a nerve with him, he gets annoyed when pretty girls don't talk to him, he's such a wimp." Arikiko pouted at the axe which growled at him in return, causing him to chuckle before shaking his head and looking at Tairaela, going back to being a bit more serious. Sometimes it was good to be a bit silly but not when he was dealing with a possible threat... Actually that was wrong, that was one of the BEST times to be silly and amusing. However he was being asked a rather important question, so it was only right that he answer it first before getting back to being nonsensical.

"The world needs changing because it is more than a little broken. We've got various factions left right and center, all bluster and wind, speaking about a whole lot and doing fuck all. A leader needs to be decisive, to actually do something or..." He lifted a hand, put a thumb  to his throat and jerked it horizontally. "...Off with their heads'. So that's the way I look at things, you kill the terrible people and eventually everyone gets angry and you get a leader that proves themselves to be strong and brave to deal with you... Or everyone gets scared and you have a leader so weak and worthless that you can puppet them and control everything yourself. Either way... Someone good gets to be in charge." A grin hit his features and his eyes glittered before he shook his head. "What about you, my dear? What purpose do /you/ live for?"

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime4th January 2015, 6:40 am

Rae noticed the weapon's noises and noticed how he talked about the weapon. A living weapon. So he was a Yoroi, she had heard of them but never actually seen one. It was a really interesting race from what she had heard. They have a weapon that has a personality and everything that is alongside them for the remainder of their life and there is a strong connection between the two. There were various types of these living weapons, she wondered what type his was. Nah, it didn't matter. Rae didn't really like weapons, they were cold and hard for her to control considering her blindness. Many people may consider her vectors as a type of weapon, and perhaps they were, but to her they were simply an extension of her own being. Getting them cut off was painless, and they came back later, so she wasn't really concerned when she lost one or two.

It didn't take long for the man to get back to the conversation at hand, which Rae was able to appreciate, as she didn't care much for waiting around for her answer. As for what he had to say, it intrigued Rae. Sure his perspective on things were a bit more blunt than Rae's but they were still very similar. When he asked Rae her own question, she couldn't help but smile. "I simply want those who caused my torment to burn." she said. There was no reason to tell him she had similar thoughts and ideals. She had finally found someone who saw the world the way she did. Now she had much thinking to do. One of Rae's vectors slipped into the tent in bladed form and decapitated the tenant. The Vector pulled the head out and Rae grabbed it and observed it with bored eyes for a moment before tossing it to Arikiko. "Your bounty right?" she said with a wink. Before beginning to walk off in the direction from which she had come.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime5th January 2015, 1:15 am

Arikiko paused at what the girl said first. From the way she had been speaking and acting it was as though she had some deep internal spirit quest that she had to go on, some ancient prophecy saying that she would be the one to change the world, master all known elements and crush the Pandora-Lor... He was getting off track, he really needed to stop that. What she did say was so unnaturally blunt and far from what Arikiko was expecting that he let out a snort of laughter, jerking for a moment before chuckling and shaking his head. "Phew... You almost had me there. I thought that you were ultra-serious or super high and mighty." He wiped a fake tear away from his eye and stood up straight once more before grinning brightly at her. "As it happens you have a pretty noble, simple goal and I can appreciate that." He nodded and thought about extending a hand to shake but would he have to shake one of the weird vectors due to the blindness or...? He decided against it.

Then he was given a head, the head of his bounty. Arikiko just looked at it... And sighed loudly, the strength coursing through his veins allowing him to just crush the skull. "Eh, it's not as much fun if I don't get the kill. I don't really do it for the money." He murmured, his tone forlorn before he dropped the fragments of bone and brain, the jellied remains of the eyes and the vast quantities of blood that were left inside the skull and hadn't dripped out after the decapitation. Wiping his hand off on his trousers he then wandered up beside this other person, apparently another Missing and gave a soft huff. "Well, I could always help you get that revenge you want. I imagine if the people you want revenge on were easy to kill you would've done so already and that would be that. So how about you join me, we can perform both our goals at the same time, change the world and have our vengeance on anyone that wronged us over our years!" His voice grew more dramatic as he spoke before he thrust his hand to the horizon, fist clenched in almost perfect time for the first rays of the sun to light up the sky in ceruleans and navies, washing away the inky blackness that the sky had bearing down upon them. Arikiko however looked as though he had entirely planned such a thing...
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime5th January 2015, 2:49 am

Jeez this guy sure was laid back, much more so than Rae was used to. It surprised her how different the two of them were, yet somehow they shared the same view on the world. Perhaps the hope for others like her... no, like them, wasn't so far off. He expressed his discontent to not getting to fight the target, to which she shrugged. "If he let his guard down so easily to be dispatched in the night, I doubt he would have been very entertaining for you." she replied. As for his reply to what she said, it was a bit odd. The last word Rae would use to describe what she said would be noble, but perhaps from the perspective of the victim it would be, oh well. In a way it was true, Rae wanted the cause of her suffering to burn. It just so happened that the cause of her suffering branched out to be the fault of the entire shinobi world. Reform would be nice, but who would be fit to lead the new world. Rae didn't feel fit for such a position, but she supposed she could be worse for the job, she could be like this guy.

It was then that he stepped forward next to her and invited her to join with him, being very flashy and dramatic with his words and body language. It was almost comical to watch, but beneath the dramatic flair, she realized what he was offering. Join up with him? She hadn't really considered it, she had searched all this time for someone like him, well... not specifically like him, but he was close enough. Her reason for searching though was for her to find out if she was alone or not in wanting to reform the world, and now she had her answer. After finding someone like her though, would it really be a good idea to just leave them? Then again, would it be a good idea to join up with them? Missing nin weren't the most trustworthy of people, and as much as he seemed to be friendly to Rae, it was hard to believe he'd want to honestly help her, not that she needed it. The people that were the direct cause of her torment were dead, she wiped out her entire branch in the zerin clan years ago. The next best thing would be removing the Zerin clan itself from existence, but that wouldn't solve much. Most clans were corrupt, some even more so than the Zerins. It would be more efficient to target the entire Shinobi society as opposed to just one clan. Despite his ability to detect her vectors, Rae wasn't really scared of Arikiko, so there was no real reason to not go along with him. It wouldn't hurt to try, and perhaps she would eventually reveal her true goals to him. "You know what... fine, I will. Just don't get in my way too much." she said while looking to the sky where he had been looking, of course to her... she saw nothing but darkness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)   The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rising of the Sun (Tairaela and Arikiko)
Page 1 of 1