Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mist

Mist

Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Empty
PostSubject: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime27th July 2014, 4:53 pm

Rika was walking through the dormitories on her way to do some laundry. All her uniforms were dirty so she was forced to wear something that was rarely seen on her, casual clothes. She wore a plain white tshirt and faded grey jeans with tears down the leg. Her bluish-purple hair hung around her in it's usual fashion. She disliked chores such as laundry, when people imagine shinobi they may not think they have to do things such as that, but everyone does, one of the few things they shared with civilians, they were still people after all. She had quite a few chores to get done but she had finished a lot all ready, so she figured she would take a break after putting her laundry in, that way she could pass some time while it ran through and got cleaned. She wasn't sure where she would go for a break, maybe out for lunch or something.

Rika sighed, she had been wanting to meet up with the other Blades one on one but she hadn't made much progress towards that quite yet. The other day she met King and Wolf, but they weren't Blades, although King was considering becoming one. Rika continued to make her way through the halls, they were long, accompanying a lot of people. Ever since the shogunate was pushed to the western continent, most shinobi took up living in the dorms. Rika wanted to buy a house at some point, but it wasn't one of her top priorities.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime28th July 2014, 8:52 pm

Cyrus was currently laying down on top of a row of running dryers in the laundry room of the dormitories when Rika walked in. Unfortunately for him the noise of the dryers beneath him and his interest in the book he was currently reading kept him from even noticing the girl enter. He was currently lounging across the dryers, the book held high up above him with his back to the top of the dryers. The book's title was, "A History of Hakagakure" somewhat dry material for a boy of 16. Samaheda, in all of its white bandaged glory rested against the wall at the end of the row of dryers. As Cyrus put the book down on his chest and rubbed his eyes, looking at the ceiling to collect his thoughts, he caught movement out of the corner of his eye and sat up stretching.

With a yawn he looked over the girl and placed his book on top of the dryer, Hey there, don't mind me, just waiting on my laundry to finish drying. He noticed the girl was in rather causal attire, nothing that would be work anywhere other than in the dormitories. He himself was wearing similar clothing, a blank light blue t-shirt and straight, white shorts. He dropped down to the ground on bare feet and padded over towards Rika as he stretched one arm above his head and pulled with the other, So what's new Rika? What's on the agenda for today? Cyrus had never really spoken with Rika Ryuude outside of meetings and war missions. As a members of the same organization they often talked frequently but only about strategy and the tasks at hand, never about themselves or each other.
Back to top Go down
http://kaijuregion.forumotion.com/
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime28th July 2014, 9:06 pm

As Rika made her way past the dorms and into the laundry area, she noticed a figure resting on top of the dryers. She quietly moved past him and set her basket up on a dryer across from him and began sorting her colors. She was doing her own thing when he spoke to her. She turned around to find that it was Cyrus, a fellow Blade. Now she had hardly talked to him over the course of time. Any of their conversation were strictly business and even those were few, so running into him casually like this was fairly new for her. She didn't know a lot about him, he had the behemoth of a blade known as Samehada and he was a summoner, was he a sage yet? She couldn't remember, but if he wasn't he was probably well on his way. She considered him one of the stronger of the Blades, alongside herself of course.

"Ahh I see... I'm about to get started on that." she replied as she stuffed a load into one of the washers and turned it on. "Not a lot, just some basic chores like this, although this is one of the last things I need to do then I should be able to relax a bit." she answered, throwing in her second and last load of laundry. Rika thought for a moment, she had been wanting to get to know the other Blades better, and well, this was a perfect opportunity. She propped herself up on one of the dryers and dangled her feet off the edge. "What about you, what have you been up to?" she asked, trying to make some form of conversation, it wasn't exactly one of her strengths.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime28th July 2014, 9:28 pm

Cyrus smiled as Rika spoke to him, Ahh chores, give me a day full of bruises and blood on the training grounds over even an hour of chores any day. As for me, He said, grabbing the book off the dryer and holding it up as he leaned against the running dryer. Know thy enemy and what not, you know? Seems like Hakagakure has a pretty bloody past. At one point its Kage was killed by a Missing-Nin, who in turn took over the village. Low and behold, turns out this Vincent so-and-so actually made the village pretty prosperous, powerful too. So powerful in fact that the other hidden villages decided to burn Haka to the ground. Every other village took part in it, pretty messed up if you ask me. Cyrus tossed the book to Rika and shrugged, It's pretty dry reading material but at the end of the day what it all translates to is we're dealing with some pretty crazy, unpredictable, brutal people over across the pond.

Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime28th July 2014, 9:35 pm

Rika nodded in agreement to his first statement. "Yeah it's pretty boring. I never liked the brutal work I do, but it's a hell of a lot better than this." she said. Rika caught the book as he tossed it to her, seemed he was taking his relaxation time to do a little background studying. Sure it wasn't super useful in the current war, but every bit helped. "I find the tale of the jinchuriki from Hakagakure to be fairly interesting. The reason why she hunted down other jinchurikis is still a mystery. Some say she went mad, but I'd like to think there was a deeper reason." she thought as she skimmed over the contents of the book before handing it back to him. "Days here have gotten stale, the time for action is approaching. In the meantime I've had a lot of free time to get to know people and that sort of thing." she inquired. She wasn't even sure she was ready to be honest, but she would have to be once the time came. She still wanted to take back Dipugakure, yet the prospect of Bijuus were still on the horizon. There were many things to be done in the war but it was hard to decide which course of action would make the best use of their time and move them forward in the war.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime31st July 2014, 7:57 pm

Cyrus smiled and crossed his arms, Hmm yeah there was a bit in there about her, some people are just crazy, you know? He shook his head and took back the book, before holding up a hand, Abup, no more talk about this endless war. I grow more tired by the thought of it with each passing day. Honestly it seems like you've been more of a social butterfly than I have, I hardly know any of our fellow Blades outside of war discussions and battle itself. More of a stay in, study up, and get ready kind of guy. I'm trying to break out of all that, but old habits die hard, eh? As Cyrus was talking, the white bandaged sword appeared to stir in the corner before forcing itself up onto the top of the dryers and inching along like a large caterpillar. It came to a rest behind Cyrus who reached back and began scratching it as if it were a pet and this were a totally normal thing to do with a sword. So who have you talked to? Anyone interesting? Share any secrets? Anyone turn out to be a transvestite? I have some doubts myself personally, but probably shouldn't share. He finished with a wink and playful smile.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime31st July 2014, 8:21 pm

Rika rubbed her head and smiled. "Yeah I'm the same way I guess... its kinda hard but I've been trying to get more used to the whole social thing. I don't know most of the other Blades as well as I feel like I should, but oh well." she said as she uneasily eyed Samehada. It was definitely one of the more odd swords out of the seven, she preferred her very lifeless Nuibari. "No one really... I met a couple by the name of King and Wolf, they are Hokkai from Ibaragakure, but not Blades. They seem nice, and likely are going to be strong allies. As you probably know I live with Kimiko, so I know her best. And well... that's about it, you're the first Blade I've talked to outside of business matters besides Kimiko in a long time. And why not? Say what you want I won't care." she replied. Perhaps she wasn't so bad about getting to know the other Blades, it seemed he was just as bad as her in that regard. It made her feel slightly better to know she wasn't alone in it. It wasn't easy for her to see other people in a way that isn't just their fighting abilities and whether or not they are a threat or of use to her. Jasmine was the first she got to know on a deeper level, Kimiko was the second.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 8:12 pm

Cyrus nodded in agreement at the mention of King and Wolf, Hmm yes, strong allies indeed. From Ibaragakure no less, my home village. Well it was anyway...before I swore my allegiance to the Shogun. Now it'll simply be yet another village we burn to the ground along with all the rest. Cyrus said with not even a trace of sorrow in his voice. To him it was the same as talking about swatting a fly. He had no love for his village anymore, or even his clan. Sure his heritage gave him its uses and there was even word that the Taki would be joining him in the West Continent. Apparently many of their higher ranking members had been wiped out by the Dobutso and what few stragglers remained had banded together and sworn their allegiance to the Shogun. According to the last report, they should be arriving on the West Continent within the end of the month, only two short weeks away.

Cyrus didn't know what to think about this, apparently he'd be the head of a clan now, his clan. He didn't know these people, nor did he have any love for them. Yet this mantle of responsibility would soon be placed on his shoulders. He had two choices really. Help them survive and prosper, or leave them at the gates to rot. In all honesty, he had yet to decide which choice seemed more tempting. Friends share secrets, right? He asked suddenly, but before waiting for an answer he walked over to Rika and grabbed her hand, Samehada suddenly appearing on Cyrus's back. I'd like to show you one of my secrets. He said with a smile before attempting to drag her up the stairs, not waiting for a response from her.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime1st August 2014, 9:02 pm

Ahh that's right, Cyrus was from Ibaragakure. He seemed to not really care about the fate of that village, but certainly deep down it hurt a little bit? She couldn't imagine how upset she would be if Dipugakure was destroyed, it was the only place she truly considered her home, and she couldn't even go there at the time being which in itself was depressing to her. Maybe he really didn't care though, she wasn't sure as she hardly knew him. On the bright side it seemed he was just as loyal to the shogun as she was, unless he was just putting on a show, but she couldn't imagine him having any alterior motives aside from getting Samehada and well, if that was the only thing he wanted he would have ran off with it long ago. She smiled at the though, if a Blade ever defected she would personally be the one to hunt them down.

"Well at least you're loyal... And we aren't burning the villages to the ground, we aren't dictators, we are taking back what was taken from us." she said, slightly irked by the last thing he said, although she knew it was just a joke. She couldn't help but sigh as she thought about how much she needed to lighten up. Friends share secrets? So they do, though they were more acquaintances than anything. Though she did want to get on a friendly level with the other Blades, so perhaps going along with him was a step in the right direction. "Sure, if that's what you want." she replied. Rika looked after him curiously and followed in his direction.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 9:50 pm

Cyrus nodded with a smile in his eyes before pulling her towards the stairs and up. Up and up they went, passing the floors and as they did he looked back and said, Oh no, I plan on burning Ibaragakure to the ground. The Dobutsu have invaded it and taken over, that village was corrupt even before the Dobutsu. We need to give it a fresh start, to break down the old and rebuild the new. Cyrus wasn't evil or anything, he simply firmly believed in fresh starts, after all that's exactly what the Shogun had given him and at this point in his life he couldn't be any happier. As they came to the top floor, Cyrus looked up at the ladder leading to a hatch that was locked shut with what looked like a brand new padlock the size of his fist. Cyrus frowned, I don't know why they bother relocking this. HE reached up as his pointer finger suddenly exploded with blue and white light. There was a sizzling sound as his finger touched the metal loop of the lock and several seconds later the lock dropped to the ground with a loud clang. Come on, you have to see this. Cyrus said looking back, putting one hand out for Rika to take and the other pushing the door up and open.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime2nd August 2014, 10:11 pm

Rika must've misunderstood him as he further explained what he meant. She needed to not jump to conclusions like that. The idea of a fresh start for the village seemed nice, it definitely needed it. As for the village being corrupt, hadn't most villages been corrupt at one point or another? It sure seemed that way, corruption was everywhere. In the old world if the wrong person got strong enough they could become Kage, and well with that sort of power they could spread their corruption everywhere. Facts like that was why Rika was so loyal to the shogun, the old shinobi government was beyond flawed. "I see, I guess you're right in that case... anyways, what exactly are you showing me?" she said as she followed him and watched him break open the latch. She had never been up there and had no idea what he was doing, all she knew was her curiosity was about to explode if she didn't know soon. She looked up at him and took his hand, and turned her head to see what lay beyond the door.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 10:36 am

As the two came up on the roof, Cyrus opened his arms out wide in front of him to show her the view. Several stories (we'll say 8 for the hell of it) up gave you one hell of a view of the surrounding area. On one side of the roof you could see all the way to the docks and the ocean beyond, which stretched out farther than the eye could see like a large slate of rippling glass. On the other side of the roof the Shinobi campus stretched out all around them. The training pits to their left, cafeteria to their right, and beyond that even the shops and civilian district could be seen just over the walls. The thing that was so special about this place however that even with all the commotion and going ons down below them, it was nearly silent up here. With the only movement coming from the slight breeze that blew Cyrus's hair back occasionally as he watched the serene waters out before them. This, this is my spot. I come up here to be alone, to think, and I guess now, to talk to people. He snapped his fingers and ran off towards what looked like an old storage closet simply sitting in the middle of the roof. Opening it up with a creak he rummaged around before producing two fold out chairs and running back towards Rika. Here, sit. Let's continue our conversation up here. He said, unfolding the chairs and plopping himself down in one.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 2:08 pm

As Cyrus moved to let her see, she came out on the roof and looked out. It was a really magnificent sight, it really showed how big the grounds were all in all. You could see pretty much everything from there, if she looked hard enough she could probably even see a familiar face or two in the distance. Sure such a spot wasn't uncommon, but she had no idea it was there, and throughout her life she had spent a lot of her time at the academy, though she never really planned on starting out her adult life there as well, it just happened that way. "It's beautiful. And so peaceful too." she said as she gazed off into the distance. By the time she turned around he had come up with two chairs. Rika obliged and sat down on the one he had placed down for her. She leaned back and closed her eyes for a moment, taking in the silence, before sitting back up and looking out as far as she could see over the walls. If he wanted to converse he would have to initiate it.
Back to top Go down
Kenji

Kenji

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime3rd August 2014, 9:32 pm

Cyrus sat down next to her and watched her close her eyes, taking in the sanctity of it all. The simple peace that floated through the air was enough to make anyone relax. Normally this would be the perfect set up for the guy to make a move, but that wasn't Cyrus. He wasn't looking for anything like that, that simply wasn't how he operated. To him this was simply an attempt at making a friend, not getting laid. He had never actually been with a woman before, or a man for that matter, but he was quite certain he was into women. Sure there had been the occasional make out session behind closed doors or under stairwells like any teenager might have. He was attractive enough to catch the eye of other girls, but he never looked for more than what was given. Cyrus was simply too preoccupied with more important matters to be pursuing anything other than the Shogun's wishes. He was a boy lost in his work. He looked at Rika once again, wondering if she had ever been with another person but not interested enough to broach the subject, Tell me something about yourself that no one else knows. He said simply, as if stating the sky was blue.
Back to top Go down
Mist

Mist

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime8th August 2014, 3:58 pm

As Rika continued to admire the view she heard Cyrus ask her an odd question. Her sure did seem a little obsessed with secrets, wasn't a huge thing though. She had to think about it for a moment, something about her no one else knew. She wasn't exactly a secretive person so thinking of something would be difficult. Sure there were things that came to mind but none of them were something she was comfortable telling him, or anyone really. There were other things too that she could tell him, but they were things that she had told others that were close to her, so the more she thought about it the tougher the question was. ("I used to be a Loli." just kidding) At last Rika thought of something, it was a little embarrassing but it was something. "Umm... well I'm a yoroi, so I have a living weapon other than Nuibari. So I have two living weapons, but not once in my life have they spoken to me or even felt remotely alive, sometimes I wonder if its my fault, for just seeing them as tools. I don't know..." she said. Sure it wasn't a huge deal, but seeing him and Samehada together made it seem like her relationship with her swords was at a fault. It had never been a big problem for her, but it always made her a little uncomfortable and feel a bit unworthy of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things   Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sharks tied up with string, a few of my Favorite things
Page 1 of 1