Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

A Meeting... A Baptism

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazukai

A Meeting... A Baptism Empty
PostSubject: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime24th April 2019, 1:50 pm

Kazukai was standing alone on the western island of the newly reconstructed village of Dipugakure. He hadn't seen the village when it had been destroyed, but the story of a village that was once destroyed and was reborn was a satisfying and a kind of poetic start; a new start for the village and a new start for his mother and father, away from the pressures of the Erlang clan. The village was already starting to return to its original size, though the undersea ruins below the sea would likely never return to their former glory. The islands still smelled like fish, of course. Maybe the stench would never disappear, or maybe it would only be drowned out by the flowering plants that were being reintroduced through the park-like cordoned off zones. As it was, the dark-haired teenager was walking through one of these normally forbidden zones, the place growing wildly faster than the other parks due to the integration of a deep, flowing river that cut through it.

Kazukai stopped at the edge of the river, looking down into the water and actually seeing the bottom of it. Wearing a suit and tie, he would have normally stood out in this place of green and blue, but here, he was away from all the other people rebuilding their homes of the village. At his left hip hung his longsword, and on his shoulder sat his tiny blue salamander, its tongue flicking out to annoyingly tap at his cheek. The young man stands at the edge of the river, not really entirely sure why he himself was there, staring down into the clear water that ran waist-high near the center of the river.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime25th April 2019, 11:19 am

A certain individual dressed in simple robes would make his daily rounds spreading the word of Kami through out the area much to the delight of those familiar with his presence. It was something he had taken to doing one day out of the blue though seeing as he didn't hurt anyone and the Republic of Five wasn't restrictive on religious expression the vast majority of people didn't mind him. He was a slightly elderly gentleman balding yet physically fit and possessing an immaculate beard which was tapered with a cross adornment. He would actually stop ringing his bell at the sight of the youth as he hadn't placed him in this place before and was intrigued as to what manner of shinobi he was. He had been a resident of the village for quite a while but the youth didn't seem to have a flak jacket or any other identification so perhaps he was one of those older genin he heard some of the other civilians talking about.
i
"Xel for your thoughts?" the monk said by way of greeting seeking to converse with him and perhaps enlighten him about his faith as it seemed like he was lost, and often times only through the scripture could one find themselves. He had been one of those lost souls without direction and the word of Kami had found him and after his baptism he felt like he was been reborn and now spent his days trying to grant others that same purpose. Not necessarily preaching to others like he did, but he found that most of the time those without goals or aspirations would sink into despair yet when given a higher purpose through the Church they were able to regain hope and strive towards helping others and dedicate their lives towards the benefit others in a way that transcended anything they could normally accomplish for themselves. "I don't mean to disturb you but you seemed like you are new to this place? Are you feeling lost perhaps, unclear as to what your future goals are?"
Back to top Go down
Kazukai

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime25th April 2019, 11:52 am

Kazukai is startled for a moment, having been too deep in his thoughts to have heard the bell when the balding older man calls out to him in greeting. Ashnod had been flicking its tongue at his cheek to try and get his attention of the approaching person, but he had been too deep in his thoughts, so the call to him had been surprising. The young man's wits were about him, however, and so his sword stayed in its sheath, his right hand not even moving to the handle of the blade. His startled expression would likely be seen as an invitation to continue, and so the next few questions were freely spoken. The young ninja visibly relaxes when he clearly sees the state of the man in simple garb and holding a bell in one hand, though he had no idea what to make of the cross that adorned the end of his lengthy beard.

"Well, I certainly am new. I've only been in Dipugakure a few months. And..." Here, he stops, unsure of his answer to that latest question. Somewhat uncharacteristically, he pauses, looking down for a moment as though still thinking a bit. "I know where I am. But... I don't know where to go." He lifts his head again to look the elderly man in the eyes, his own not without hope, but certainly without direction; adrift, astray, where the old man's eyes seem firm, set in their purpose, but not without compassion. "Perhaps... you can point to the path that is the right one. It seems that whether I turn right or left, my ears hear a voice behind me, saying 'this is the way; walk in it'." His left hand was off his sword now, having approached the older man until he was within arm's reach of him. Kazukai was often told he was rather tall for his age, but it still felt as though he were looking up into the old man's eyes, rather than the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime26th April 2019, 2:32 pm

The monk would nod at the youth's words indeed it seemed as if his deduction about him not having focus was apt and he would take care to notice the things on his person, and the salamander that he possessed which if he was correct marked him as one of the Erlang. Usually they were followers of Susano'o but as he looked into the youth's eyes he didn't see the yellow taint of a blashphemer, though he wasn't the vibrant blue of innocence. No there was a green to his soul, which usually meant he was a non-believer in most cases with only the barest knowledge of how the world truly worked. "I see, perhaps the voice that you are hearing is the whispers of Kami's messengers trying to lead you on the right path. I go by Avery, and I belong to the Church of Kami the Lord God and the creator of everything that you see in existence. Perhaps faith in him can show you the light and give you a path to thread upon as it did for me." he said pulling out his book of scriptures and gesturing for the boy to sit as he sat crossed legged on the ground.

"Tell me what do you know of the supernatural, of deities and things beyond the comprehension of shinobi? Or are you one of those who have not troubled yourself with thoughts beyond what to eat and how to survive your day to day life? I can see you are not one of those who reject all knowledge of such things, after all the proof of otherworldly things is your companion right next to you, after all summons are one of those things that are not native to our world, creations of Gaia they might be." Avery said his eyes flicking over to the Salamander, and saying nothing to it, as she could see it's vibrant yellow soul, after all all summons besides those tainted or corrupted were firm adherents to the teaching of Gaia. No he had no words for the being as just like he would never attempt to preach to a demon, he knew that it was a lost cause. Still the youth could be saved, and through him the summon could be used for a greater purpose beyond merely existing as a force of nature. Avery would wait to hear the youth's name, assuming hopefully that by giving his name the gesture of good faith would have been responded to in kind. He was interested to see what his beliefs were, and exactly how receptive he would be to the scripture but he had faith that He would be able to gain a new convert today, after all how else but through Kami's provedence would be able to explain such a chance meeting.
Back to top Go down
Kazukai

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime30th April 2019, 10:33 am

Kazukai noticed that Avery seemed to be looking into his eyes a little bit longer than he thought would be socially acceptable, and he wondered for a moment what the monk saw in his eyes. His mother had mentioned something about the eyes of the Erlang clan being special, but he knew his eyes haven't changed since he could remember, so he wasn't sure why Avery had been gazing into his eyes for so long. Introductions seem to be in order, so he sits across from the monk as he introduces himself in return. "I'm Kazukai Erlang. I'm not originally from Dipugakure, but this is where I was made a genin..." He'd never heard of Kami, though he'd heard of Susano'o.

"I don't know much about anything supernatural. My mother talked about Susano'o, but only when she was... stressed... I never considered much of what she says when she stressed to be very important." At the mention of Ashnod, he lifts a hand up to the salamander to let it climb onto his fingers and onto his palm. The blue spotted lizard looks up at Avery, though its eyes don't betray any particular emotion from the being as Kazukai sets the little thing on his own leg, where he stays. "Ashnod doesn't talk much about anyone named Gaia. He seems more interested in this world than in anything beyond, and he's not about to give me any advice, from Gaia or otherwise."

Kazukai lifts his eyes off Ashnod on his leg to the book of scriptures that Avery had taken out, then looks up into the monk's eyes once more. "So I'm somewhat ignorant... Kami is the creator of all, so he should be able to impart his wisdom on me, and point me in the right direction. Let's hear Kami's word, then."
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime30th April 2019, 12:20 pm

"Indeed allow me to enlighten you, it is best that I start from the beginning so that you can at least understand how everything came to be." Avery said before opening the book and smiling before reciting the very first passage. He saw that the youth was willing to learn and thus he would hold nothing back and hopefully after hearing this word he would be willing to undergo a baptism to cleanse himself of the taint of his soul as minor as it was.

" in the beginning there was Kami and He existed, however while wandering the Universe He discovered others who were similar to Himself, these were the Cthuhlu, Gaia, Susanoo, Shinigami and Datara. For a time everything was fine however Datara was filled with energy, Shinigami constantly agitated it due to the manipulations of Cthuhlu while Gaia and Susano'o constantly clashes due to a difference in ideals. Kami in His infinite wisdom decided to intervene and proposed a challenge to the other Deities, in order to prove and end to the constant strife that was the Beginning they would each create something with their power. The rest agreed and each went off to create their own things, Cthuhlu the Mad God was first deciding in a fit of insanity to create the Dimensions splitting the Universe into 10. Susanoo the Warrior God decided to add things into the Dimensions bringing forth matter and creating the barrier between the 4 physical planes as well as the afterlife, the past, present and future. Gaia or Mother Earth created the planet that you and eye live in using the matter and infused her energy into the planet turning it into a garden and creating animals, yet they were empty shells devoid of reasoning or goals similar to puppets. Shinigami the Destroyer decided due to always opposing Gaia to bring forth Death killing the things Gaia created and harvesting their souls in the afterlife for His own personal use. Datara the Accursed one decided after seeing all the things created to gift a portion of it's power and creating it's own life, these were known as Acolyte Demons extremely destructive beings which at the time of their conception resulted in the extermination of all original life on earth. This was known as the mass Extinction Event." he said before pausing to make sure he comprehended what he was telling them.

"Kami unlike the rest decided to think pondering to himself about how to go about creating things and noticed the flaws in each and everything the others created. As a result he decided to take seven days to create everything in the world. On the first day he decreed let their be light and fashioned stars to light the universe ordering the planets into star systems, stars into clusters, and galaxies rather than the disordered mess that Susanoo had brought about which constantly resulted in stars planets and other heavenly bodies colliding with one another. The second day he created the Oni Angels as his helpers and they went around to counter out the destructive tendencies of the Acolyte Demons waging a crusade against them which resulted in their victory banishing them to the 4th Dimension. The third day he created time as it had not existed before then preventing the cycle of life and death to occur without reason, instead he allowed Life and Death to share Time bringing about aging, birth and natural death. The fourth day he created Heaven and Hell with Heaven being located in the tenth Dimension while Hell was located within the Shinigami's stomach so as to state his hunger for souls. The fifth day he looked around and breathed life into the various creations of Gaia, Shinigami and Datara while stumbling upon their failed creations Dobutsu, Humans and Chakra beasts, along with animals and the creatures throughout the planet; breathing life into their souls by fashioning the atoms comprising their body with the spirit comprising their soul resulting in blood to allow them to procreate on their own further establishing the cycle of life and death placing a stage between them known as Reincarnation to ensure the balance. On the sixth day he observed his creations and noticed the savageness of Dobutsu and the fickle temperament of Chakra Beasts as well as the potential of Humanity and decided to isolate the other two to the Origin Continent while spreading humanity through the world. Finally on the seventh day he rested and the other Deities marveled at what He had done." he would close the book and look toward the youth as he was done with reciting it and now it was best to let it sink in while answering any concerns he might have.

Do you have any questions?
Back to top Go down
Kazukai

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime1st May 2019, 11:31 am

Kazukai's eyes widened when the monk begins the scripture at the beginning, telling him about the other, lesser gods and their own attempts to be the creators of their own Dimensions, and each one failing (or worse, succeeding and causing destruction) in their own way. But then Kami, clearly the wisest of the group, had done right what the others had gotten so very wrong, and in only six days with an extra day to rest.

The shinobi's eyes had not drifted in any other direction, nor had the monk found the younger man sleeping. He was attentive throughout the story of the beginning of the universe, and particularly their dimension, and though Ashnod's tail lashed this way and that at the description given of Gaia's own dimension, the salamander was totally silent. When the monk had finished his reading and asked Kazukai if he had any questions, the genin frowned a little bit, as though thinking of how he could word his query.

"If Ashnod can travel between Gaia's dimension and this one, does this mean that some of the beings from Shinigami's stomach could escape to our dimension... and wreak havoc?"
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime15th May 2019, 12:46 am

The monk would see that he was paying attention especially since he realized the dangers of the 4th Dimension and what were kept imprisoned within The Shinigami. "Indeed that is the case, all sorts of otherworldly being are capable of manifesting into the physical plane. The worst being the Embodiments of Evil themselves also known as Acolyte Demons, other sorts of undead and tainted summons can do the same which is why The Church exists. It falls on people like myself to police the world and purge them from our dimension and perhaps this too can be something you might be interested in." Avery said hoping that by the youth realising that the world was constantly in danger of threats beyond mortal understanding, he would find purpose in protecting the innocent and those who lacked the tools to defend themselves.

"This is why the worshippers of the other deities are misguided as only Kami seeks to preserve untainted mortal life. Those of Gaia revere nature above all else despite the clear superiority of humanity amd other sapient races. Those of Cthulhu simply spread Madness and unleash Emotion Titans and Corrupted summons upon the world. Those of Susanno'o are war mongers of the worst sort and only strive to create advanced technology by which to further pervert the beauty of creation. Those of Shinigami are apathetic and revel in death only seeking to state the unending hunger of the Death God and finally Datara's acolytes are the worst sort all of them maleficars of the highest order consorting with demons and blighting the world with the plots of the Demon Princes." he said actually getting quite worked up before breathing and visibly trying to calm down woth his hands outstretched. "I apologize it's just most people don't realise by worshipping the false deities they are damning themselves and the world as a whole."
Back to top Go down
Kazukai

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime16th May 2019, 11:55 am

The young man once more listens intently to the words of the monk before him, carefully considering how those blasphemers and heathens seek, in their ways, to bring imbalance and ultimately destruction to Kami's perfected world, clearly causing strife for anyone who was a true believer in Kami. One of his fists clench, his eyes taking on a dangerous stare beyond the monk, his eyes no longer totally aware of his surroundings as he considers the work of these people who caused difficulty and strife. He looks up at the monk again when the man apologizes for what he must think was an outburst.

"No, it is right that you feel this way and say these things. I can feel it, too." He unclenches his fist once more, but the fingers grip at nothing once more before he gazes at the taller man in his simple attire. "I want to show these blasphemers their sins, so that they turn away from what they do, the damnation they unleash on others. Failing that..." He frowns a bit to consider what he should do if he fails to turn them away from their sacrilege, but then his righteous indignation leaves him, and his pervasive calm controls his next words, rather than the anger he felt earlier; this wasn't an emotional response, it was a job that must be done. "Their failure to turn away from their impiety will be met with a chance to have their final judgement with Kami himself, in order to protect His Creation from the harm they would otherwise do, and so that they may be met with righteous judgement from Kami Himself."

He nods once, firmly, then finds himself fidgeting. "Tell me what I must do, Avery."
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime25th May 2019, 12:05 pm

Avery finally realized why he was drawn to this youth as it would seem as if the young man had actually managed to remove some of the taint from his soul via his declaration. At first he was considering a traditional baptism using some of the holy water he had gotten from the Church but now he cold use an alternative method to purify him. "I must purify you so that you may be suitable for Kami's teachings. and then when that is done I will take you to the nearest Church so that your formal training can commence. Don't worry it won't affect your shinobi training. he said before muttering a prayer under his breath which caused his hands o glow with an intense light. He would walk closer to Kazukai before covering his eyes and his entire body would get bathed in light. The light would surround his body while the lingering darkness that was in his soul would initially coat his body before being seared away by the purifying light. After a while it would die down and Avery would step back before speaking once more. [color=brown]"You may open your eyes now, and follow me as you have much to learn. Sure enough if Kazukai did in fact open his eyes this time rather than his soul appearing blue similar to another innocent it was now a pure white as he had made the step over to righteousness and could now swear a vow of righteousness to truly become a member of the church. Avery would wait a bit before nodding and motioning the youth to follow him, the church wasn't that far and he was eager to begin training a new follower of the one true faith.

Spoiler:

(Avery Exits)
Back to top Go down
Kazukai

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime28th May 2019, 10:23 am

Kazukai nods once to show his understanding when Avery tells him that he must be purified to be suitable for Kami's teachings, and when he is told that he must be taken to the nearest Church for formal training, he doesn't feel much apprehension. A corner of his mouth turns up into a smirk as he's told that the Church training won't interrupt his shinobi training, a little smile of surprise that he hadn't thought of his shinobi training when he had been told that he would be taken to a Church.

And what does that tell you?

He didn't voice this thought out loud. He was slightly surprised to see the monk's hands glowing, but he didn't resist as those hands were placed over his open eyes. In the momentary darkness of that hand across his eyes, the darkness becomes total, and in that instant, something clicks for him, a sudden change in his eyes beyond the change of the baptism that washes away his impurities and makes him clean and whole in the eyes of Kami.

"I once was blind... but now I see."

The words came unbidden to his lips when that hand was removed from his eyes, already open, and the momentary change in light causes his pupils to dilate once more, showing the blue color they had attained as well as the white light that marked him as being righteous for the monk.

Upon being beckoned to follow after Avery, Kazukai willingly followed the man in the simple brown clothing, Ashnod still silent on his shoulder. Before leaving the river, it spoke softly to the boy.

"Now here is an interesting development."

Spoiler:

(Kazukai exits.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting... A Baptism   A Meeting... A Baptism Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Meeting... A Baptism
Page 1 of 1