Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

And So, Our Story Begins

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th March 2019, 6:35 pm

Iolana was too preoccupied with her split focus between her raunchy book, and the fight of her two friends in front of her, to even notice the new older woman until she was sitting down besides her. Right away her book lost her interest because of the woman. There was just... something about her. And not the manner of physical disrepair she was in, or how she didn't even seem to notice she was bleeding. With a cocked head she set the book down and stood up with a smile. She didn't know if the woman would be able to understand her sign language, and Chiyo was busy, so she kept it simple, <"Hello,"> She added a wave too just in case. She glanced to the field, neither was watching her, she hadn't told Chiyo she had got the technique learned yet after all and wanted to keep it a surprise. She grabbed at the stick, but noticed there was no reaction to the slight movement. It only perplexed Iolana more, but she figured there were priorities. If the woman wasn't reacting, she decided just to yank out the stick, and immediately work at fixing up the wound with the Mystical Palm Technique. Once it was out and that bleeding wound healed up, she settled herself back down again.

Learning:

Using:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th March 2019, 9:45 pm

Chiyo blocked the first pair of kunai with a swing of her blade, sending them skittering off to the side, though the other set wrapped snugly around her legs. She was about to make her move when Kirai dropped to the ground, obviously in pain. She was torn between forcing her teammate to stop and get that checked, but she didn't want to make it seem like she was mothering the girl. They had just met and Kirai had already expressed an aversion to being to chummy when they'd only just met. Chiyo gave a small nod "If you insist."

With only that as a prompt, she release the first of the Eight Gates: the Gate of Opening, feeling the power flow through her body like a rushing tidal wave. She knew from experience she didn't have much time in this state, but it should be enough to allow her to end the spar quickly so Kirai could get herself checked. After whatever that was, it wouldn't be good for her to push herself. The release of chakra had been enough to break the bolo around her ankles, enabling her to rush Kirai at B-Rank Speeds, sheathing her blades along the way. Once her blades where sheathed, she unsheathed a single one once more, aiming a cut with the flat edge of the blade at Kirai's temple once more at Crashing Ground speeds. The blow would hopefully be enough to send her reeling, but from what the girl had shown even that might not do the trick.

Learning:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime7th March 2019, 6:55 am

The woman would continue to watch only for her eyes to dart to the side briefly and pick up Iolana's hand movement with her noting that that student must be Iolana while the other two would be Kirai and Chiyo, sure she had been observing them but it didn't mean she heard their conversations and honestly she was wondering how long they would continue to fight while she remained watching. Her attention from the sparring session was once again broken when her student up and yanked a stick from her shoulder causing her to turn and quickly snatch the stick before burning it to ashes as a flame sprouted from her fingertips. She would then proceed to quickly sign before the girl actually touched her again seeing as her sickly yellow blood would begin to drip out from the wound. <"Thank you, be careful my blood is radioactive so it's best not to touch the actual wound, if you want to practice your healing just hover over it. My name is A-s-a-j-j.>" Asajj signed repeating her name twice actually with the first time spelling it out before giving Iolana her name sign as the second time, which was actually "Numb". She would smile at her student briefly before turning once more to refocus her attention the other two as it seemed like one of those work through youthful kunoichi aggression spars that she was familiar with as a child so it was important that she was around to stop it before someone got "accidentally" maimed.

So far she liked the squad, when she had been informed that she would be leading a squad similar to her so to speak she initially had concerns about them giving her a group of downers but they seemed well adjusted for the most part and looked like they knew that in comparison to other shinobi they would have it harder and thus were working hard to make up for that. She would still have to keep a watchful eye on them to nip any self-destructive impulses in the bud so that none of them would eventually walk down a bad path but their skill-sets match hers so she could teach them a couple of things if they asked for her help.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime8th March 2019, 1:14 pm

Thankfully due to her speed and the prowess of her electrolocation, Kirai wasn't taken fully off guard by what was occurring. She threw out the shuriken she was carrying and both of them seemed to hover in place for a second before lurching forwards at a frankly ridiculous speed, one of them aimed directly at the sword that was swinging towards her. As this was happening she took out two more kunai, simply dropping them into the air and causing them to snap and hover. Electrical energy crackled around both sets of projectiles and Kirai growled quietly from the back of her throat.

As she leaped back, the hovering kunai fired forwards, one aimed at Chiyo's knee, the other aimed at her chest, however both had been specifically turned so that it was the flat end that was aimed towards her, meaning the kunai wouldn't end up punching straight through her if they hit, they'd simply strike her and send her reeling hopefully. Kirai could feel power surging through her body but she wasn't yet sure how to channel it, she'd need to practice and find out. Had one of her allies done something to her? Had the link with Iolana messed up something inside her? She wasn't sure but she refused to lose at this moment.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime11th March 2019, 7:29 pm

Iolana jumped back at getting the sudden warning through the very fluid sign language. That in turn made her eyes sparkle a little, and her mouth turning wide in a grin. <"Oh my god you can speak sign language too?"> She was sighing much faster then, as her natural speed of signing. Once she had the warning she was able to heal much better now she knew to be careful of the blood. It did however mean that she couldn't speak whilst she was healing up the shoulder. Once her work was done, she settled herself back down in to sitting cross legged, closer to Asajj this time, already showing a much deeper level of comfort. After a moment she looked over and began to sign again. <"I think you said your name differently. You spelled it but then said 'numb'? Is that a nickname? You hardly flinched from a stick that wasn't shallow in your shoulder being pulled out. Which means you're like me. Like us?"> She glanced over towards her still fighting team mates. She could see exactly where she wouldn't be able to compete against them, but it did help her to see where she could assist their abilities in her own ways.<"My name's I-O-L-A-N-A by the way.">
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th April 2019, 5:04 pm

Chiyo was impressed by the sudden increase in the speed of the projectiles, but not so much that it would leave her vulnerable. In an instant her sword was sheathed and then unsheathed in a powerful swing...directed upwards into the air. The immense force of the swing carried her along with its trajectory, propelling her up and out of the way of the two kunai. Kirai was somehow able to sense her movements, however she hoped it didn't extend to what she was about to do elsewise she had just left herself a sitting duck for the other girl. She swung her sword once more, this time from above her shoulder in a circular slash. With the movement a blade of wind issued forth from the weapon, cutting through the air and aimed directly at Kirai. She lessened the power of the projectile by using the blunt edge of the weapon, so that it wouldn't harm her new teammate too much. But hopefully it would be enough to make her admit defeat.

Learning:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th May 2019, 4:10 pm

Asajj would continue watching noting the way the two fought and seeing that despite her eyes Kirai still fought.very similar to a Denkou at least one which used projectiles which was good as it showed she didn't let her disability hamper her ability to fight. On the other hand Chiyo used kenjutsu very fluidly which would habe her note that besides the fact that she had her own issue she was very suited for being the sensei for this squad. Sje mainly utilized the things each of them seemed to specialize in and she had to get decent at healing herself seeing as she couldn't feel pain and tended to get hurt quite often in battle. She would flick her eyes to the side as she noted Iolana was done and smile at her excitement.

<"I learned after one of my recurring mission partners permanently lost his hearing after a fight with a Bakuhatsu missing-nin. It's something I picked up from him he called them name signs as it's quicker to refer to someone by that rather than spelling out their name.> she signed back to her before turning to quickly see Chiyo's reply to the sudden velocity of Kirai's electrified projectiles. <"And yes I have no sense of touch, which besides giving me the inability to feel pain and making me immune to touch based genjutsu means I can't feel anything at all. It's annoying but I've managed to cope with it well enough to become a jonin, so that goes to show you that I have high expectations for the three of you."> she would continue towait and see if she was noticed by the other two well mkre so Chiyo than Kirai but still she had no inte tion of stopping them just yet. What they were giving her was a preview of their abilities without her having to ask about them and such she would note all they could do and see if she could offer some improvements when the time came for her to teach them.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2019, 7:47 am

Now while Kirai couldn't detect the wind blades, she still had a way to dodge them. For the wind didn't pick up electricity they did shunt it away due to the virtue of wind being strong against lightning, pushing the energy away. This was imperfect of course and so as she dodged she was clipped, her body being low to the ground caused her to bounce off of it with a grunt as she rolled to the side and then she summoned up the new energy inside of her, grabbed what felt like lightning combined with ink and swung her hands out.

She wasn't fully aware of what she was doing but blood dribbled from her eye sockets, this stuff fresh rather than the old, tacky blood that usually dripped out. Black lightning flashed outwards and then seemed to disappear but with it, so did Kirai. The lightning flowed around her like smoke and she could feel it brush against her skin as she drew two kunai and dashed towards Chiyo. As she drew close enough she'd attempt to leap up and stick to Chiyo's chest with chakra flow, two kunai ever so gently pressed tip-first against her throat as Kirai leaned in, of course if Chiyo couldn't see her, only the feeling of the kunai and Kirai's weight would be noticeable.

Learning and Using:

Using:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2019, 1:15 pm

Listening, or perhaps more just watching, their sensei talk gave Iolana a lot of think about so suddenly. Even with Chiyo's influence it hadn't ever really come to mind just how little she had actually thought of herself. She never had expectations for herself in the slightest, why would she? She was told constantly she was dumb, she was useless. She was told she was worthless. And that was her father's voice constantly telling her that. She wiped a tear that grew in the corner of her eye, then met their sensei's gaze. <"I'm Lana."> She had a look of seriousness on her face, using a unique little sign for her own name that was a mix of sign language L with one hand, and half of the 'bird' handsign for jutsu. <"I'm mute. And I won't let that stop me. I won't let you down,">

Learning:
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime7th August 2019, 6:23 pm

Chiyo panicked when the girl disappeared. Not having one sense was jarring enough, but Chiyo had learned to rely on her other ones, her eyes and her nose and her instincts. Having another sense fail her like this automatically set her on edge. Then she felt the weight of the girl at her front, the prick of two kunai at her throat and the tickle of static around her. She fell to the earth and landed easily, suppressing her fear as she was grounded by the feeling of Kirai. She brought her one drawn blade up and pressed it to the body she couldn't see.

She had guessed, based on how small Kirai looked, the approximate location of her spine, pressing the tip of her blade lightly to flesh "Chiyo supposes this is what one would call a stalemate, no?"
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th February 2020, 3:10 pm

After a second or two, the kunai digging in just a tiny bit more, Kirai dropped her invisibility and rolled away from Chiyome before getting to her feet. "No. I made a show of it to end the spar, I could've killed you without you even realising I was there. I could have done it at range too. Losing with pride is part of being a shinobi as well." Kirai cocked her head to the side, taking a deep breath and letting her electrolocation fade, darkness surrounding her but she was used to it now. There was more she wanted to say but as she rolled the words around her mouth she realised just how... Angsty they sounded and she frowned before walking over to their sensei and Lana.

"I have stuff I need to do... So I'm sorry but I need to leave, thank you for at least overseeing us, Sensei. You seem... Nice, hopefully we can train together more. Same for you, Iolana." She bowed quickly and then turned to Chiyome, a feral smile on her face. "Next time we spar I'll make sure your loss is far more obvious." With that she gathered up her loose kunai and left.

[Exit, wanting to end this for techs for exams]

Learning:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th February 2020, 12:19 pm

Iolana stepped up as Kirai was collecting her kunai. She wanted to give her a hug, but she held back. The girl wasn't comfortable with others yet, hopefully she might get comfortable with Lana at least soon. Instead she just stood with her arms open, and signed for Chiyo to translate, <"I hope we can meet again soon Kirai. I need to show you what I can do too,"> And with a smile she brought her hands back in, hugging herself for a second, and waving her goodbye.

[exit, learning B-speed]
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th February 2020, 1:56 pm

Asajj would actually do the translation and she would make an affirming sound after Kirai spoke to her she felt that that particular student of hers would need more than just a sensei but also a confidant and thus she would endeavor to make herself more available once they survived their baptism via the chunin exams. It was something that she found most sensei would do as it wouldn't make sense to grow close to students that weren't able to come out of it the same sure some teachers preferred to take an active hand with their genin before then but she was not one of those who did that. No she had to know whether without her help they would strive to survive what the world pit against them, in an environment which wouldn't make any excuses for them, once they did then she would help them get anywhere they need to but for now she did like them and thus wished them the best. she said and signed so that all of the members of the team could understand her before they left prompting her to spare a glance towards Chiyo before walking away herself.

Asajj exits.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th March 2020, 11:34 pm

The Cypher was grateful their sensei handled the translation, because she was too frustrated by Kirai's words. She gathered herself in calm, however, letting it go rather than pressing the other girl to make good on the words she had said. She needed to keep up the same energy she had been showing throughout the training, but it was hard. She gave Iolana a brief goodbye as well as their sensei. She caught the look that was thrown her way and felt a pang of worry in her gut. It definitely meant nothing good, but she ignored what her head was telling her and instead left. She had someone to fill in on the events of the training.

["Chiyo" exits]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And So, Our Story Begins
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2