Naruto Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!
The Chunin Exams are approaching, please check Republic of Five Mission Board for more details!

And So, Our Story Begins

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

And So, Our Story Begins Empty
PostSubject: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime20th September 2018, 3:58 pm

Iolana had woken up all too early, but she couldn't help but be enormously nervous. Chiyome was her closest friend, so far the only one to properly understand her very nature. Now there was going to be a third forcibly pushed in to the friendship circle and she wasn't sure how that could work out. She wasn't much in the same way as other now former students, she couldn't talk after all. And whilst bonding with Chiyome had been great for her to actually have some sort of social life, there wasn't much beyond that. Despite all the hand seals used in ninjutsu, nobody else ever bothered to learn to understand sign language.

As far as she knew, Chi and this 'Kirai' girl were told a mutual place to meet up, and nervously little Lana had deemed the private time after getting their early a good time to train herself whilst she waited. This would mean that when the other two members of this team got there, Lana would be misting ash as she was attempting to use the chakra scalpel technique on a boulder in one corner of the gathering point.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime22nd September 2018, 6:32 pm

Chiyome was a bit late, but that was because she had a really good reason! Her sense of direction was horrible. She had gotten lost at least three times, having to stop for directions more than once along the way, as she headed towards the meeting place. She was prone to getting all turned around when travelling alone, probably a result of her bad memory. She fiddled with the two katana at her belt, feeling....naked without a third to wield as well. She came upon the meeting area and saw Lana attacking the boulder there with what seemed like chakra imbued in her palm. Maybe it was a medical thing.

Chiyo moved closer, watching Lana for a couple minutes before clearing her throat and speaking "Did the boulder insult your mother? Or do you just have something against rocks?" She stretched a bit and looked around the area, looking for the other girl that was supposed to be joining their team. She had heard the girl was a Denkou, and Chiyo was excited to see if there would be another swordswoman on their team. She aimed to be the best, and having someone around her that she could whet her blade against on a regular basis. She made sure Iolana was looking at her when she started signing, as she didn't really like talking all that much "You seen that Kirai chick? Or our sensei?"
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime22nd September 2018, 6:43 pm

She'd learn to move by touch and hearing for so long that having a way to properly see was... Amazing. She could feel the static crackling around her and she knew that the people she was walking past would likely feel uncomfortable but that wasn't her fault. She made her way easily to the meeting place, thankfully the sensei had chosen somewhere she already knew and she didn't need her lightning field to find it... She still used it though, why wouldn't she? A shiver of anxiety ran through her spine as she drew closer, it would seem it was time to finally meet her teammates...

Stepping around the corner, Kirai walked forwards, electrical impulses lighting up in her eyes as the two people came into her field of sensory. She looked up at them both for a moment, adjusting the projectile pouches and holsters she had on her hips and thighs. From appearance it was pretty obvious she was the youngest of the group and she seemed a bit dirty, some dirt sat on the hem of her clothes and she had a stray mark of blood on her jaw. Her fingers were chewed up and the blood dripping from her eyes had reached down to her chin by now. She adjusted her blindfold slightly before nodding.

"Are you the people I'm supposed to be looking for? Name is Kirai, Kirai Denkou. If I hear a laugh I'll kill you both and get a new team."
She told them simply, teeth grinding as she spoke the last few words.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime22nd September 2018, 7:59 pm

Somehow, Iolana could still look like she was screaming in surprise with Chiyo basically sneaking up on her whilst she was practicing the technique. She turned, and looked a little upset, puffing out her cheeks to show she irritation. "I have to practice some how. You were late." She signed back, her hand still glowing a little from the chakra dispersing throughout the signing. "You got lost again didn't you? But now, I don't know where our third or out sensei is. I'm nervous. I hope they're not a jerk off. You know?"

And as if on queue, said third wasn't too far away and... wow. Iolana was not expecting that to see the least. She silently looked to Chiyo, and began pointing between them both and Kirai. Even with the introduction, and knowing this was Kirai, it was still... it was incredibly hard to believe how this was working out. But then there was of course the fact that as far as she knew, there was no chance of Kirai being able to know anything Lana was saying. Except she knew there was two people there, right? But then there was the 'no laughing' comment. And of course that worked in Lana's favour, as she silently giggled because somehow she felt more comfortable with their third member having some disability too. So she got to quick work signing, "I guess you're going to have to translate for me Chichi. So tell her hello already." Then she looked back to Kirai again, letting Chiyo do the 'speaking', and she brought a hand up, the back not really hiding the comfortable smile on her face, or the following little silent giggle. Kirai was... unnerving to look at because of the dirt and blood, but this was a first impression. And, ironic as it might be, Iolana considered words to be what she paid attention most in first meetings.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime22nd September 2018, 8:33 pm

Chiyome rolled her eyes at how easily Iolana guessed her reason for being late. She was right, but the girl would be damned if she admitted that out loud. Or signed it from that matter. At the appearance of their third teammate, Chiyo had to take a moment to let their situation sink in. She watched the other girl long enough to read her lips before her eyes flicked to Iolana, then back to Kirai, then at Iolana once more. A chuckle fell from her lips and she had to hold up a hand to placate Kirai "Sorry, sorry. I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing at the situation." She was taken by another tide of giggles and had to restrain herself quickly so she could explain "I'm deaf, this one right here is mute and you're blind. We're a bunch of disabled...monkeys might be the best term maybe."

She made sure she wasn't going to devolve into a fit of laughter again, taking a few calming breaths before figuring it was safe for her to speak again "I'm Chiyome Isley and the little birdie there is Iolana Fushicho. I think I speak for us both...Well I don't think, I do speak for us both haha. Anyway it's a pleasure to meet you Kirai. Even if you do look like you got into a fight with a soil clone and lost." She offered a bright smile, the last part spoken with minimal lip movement. Chiyome having forgotten that others aren't deaf like her, and don't need to read her lips to understand what she's said. It wasn't really meant as an insult, more of a funny little joke to herself than anything. She hadn't really perfected the whole "saying stuff in her head rather than out loud" thing.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime22nd September 2018, 9:35 pm

At the strange movements and then the chuckling, Kirai ground her teeth, hands clenching into tight fists. Her knuckles turned white but it faded quickly as it was explained what was going on. "Mute and deaf? Was that sign language then?" She asked, tilting her head towards the one that had been doing weird movements but hadn't said anything. "I was wondering why they were silent." She chewed on her lip and then moved over and sat down on the ground, letting her lightning field fade away and letting her chin drop. She could still 'feel' the two of them standing just ahead of her, on the edge of her sensory.

"So we're all broken then? That's pretty strange, think they just wanted to dump all the disabled kids together so we can die off at once?"
She gave a fairly predatory grin before starting to draw random symbols in the dust on the ground with her finger. She couldn't see anything she was drawing and she didn't realise just how dusty the floor was, she'd end up covered in it. "Who cares if I look a bit messy? I can't see it, so why the fuck should anyone else care?" She spat out with slightly more venom than she meant and she clenched her teeth together, pink rising on her cheeks. "Sorry, tired of people insulting my appearance and stuff..."
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime22nd September 2018, 9:53 pm

Iolana was incredibly surprised by the way Kirai seemed to somehow know things like her sign language. There was definitely something going on there, instead she would just go along with the idea that maybe somehow they were capable of seeing. If they were Denkou maybe they could at least sense movement or... something. Still, she would nod her head quite wide to make sure that if that was the case, it would be capable.

Watching Kirai, she felt the tug in her chest, watching her drawing signs in the dirt like that. The way that she spoke too. She felt... sad. But she did exactly what she wanted in that moment. She turned back to Chiyo and signed at her, "Sign for me exactly." She told her, and nodded to make sure it was clear. She stepped forwards, her feet purposely heavy so that Kirai would know she was there. "Yes we're broken. To them. That's why I wanna pair up with you. Because we can be a team. And..." There was a break as a thought came to her. She'd done it before with Chiyo, but this could... ok she didn't even really know Kirai. But it could be worth it right. She wasn't the kind of girl who would hold back when something upset her. "I'm going to hug you. Then we can say hello properly." She waited until Chiyo had translated, then knelt down in the dust to hug Kirai before she'd get a chance to stop her. Though she wouldn't have much chance as she was already shifting in to her cloak form to wrap around Kirai. There was no connection yet, but it wasn't needed. She didn't know the reason for Kirai's missing eyes, and it certainly looked violent. But she wanted to bond with the girl. She just hoped this wasn't the completely wrong thing to do. "I'm sorry if this is a lot but... I already like you and want to be your friend." The mental image of the young Fushicho was still signing, even if there was the faint background nose of monotonous words, not quite like how Chiyo spoke, but like it was impersonating her.

But most importantly, was Iolana sharing her sight with Kirai. "I'm a Weaponkin. I support my team. I can be Chichi's ears, and I can be your eyes too. I just want your voices in return,"
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime23rd September 2018, 6:15 pm

Chiyo considered Kirai for a long moment before nodding to herself. She liked this girl, she was honest and didn't hold back. She smiled and knew that they would get along as a team, not just because they were all disabled. But that was a good point for bonding. She payed attention to Lana's signs and repeated what she said carefully, before adding in her own words "We're broken, yeah. But if they put us together so we could 'just die' they're gonna have another thing coming. Chiyo is a fighter, Lana is a fighter, and by the looks of you and how you talk, you're a fighter too." She crossed her arms over her chest, tilting her head to regard her two teammates. Lana was a cloak now, so she thought the other girl might've been communicating with Kirai mind-to-mind. It was a useful skill, but they'd need to find a way to utilize that for their whole team.

"Also Chiyo didn't mean to poke fun. She forgets other people can hear just fine..." She chuckled and scratched the back of her head gently, an apologetic smile on her lips "Chiyo thinks we're gonna be a great team! We can cover each other's weaknesses and make each other stronger. Just because we are broken doesn't mean we aren't good. It doesn't mean we can't be great." She wasn't very good at motivational words and she felt she was just rambling at this point, so she sat in front of Kirai in a seiza position, folding her hands atop her lap and focusing on the girls' face "You're gonna have to speak for Lana so Chiyo can know what she's saying, Kirai. If she's saying anything that is. But Chiyo thinks we should say a little bit about ourselves. Waste a little bit of time until our sensei gets here, ne?"
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime28th September 2018, 6:48 pm

It was strange hearing someone that spoke in third person, she didn't really know anyone else that did that. Was it a coping mechanism, a way to distract herself or had she simply learned that and couldn't get away from it. Kirai didn't really care too much and she listened to what Chiyome was saying, specifically what she was translating from the other girl to her. They were all pretty broken it was true but Kirai wasn't going to die without a damn good fight, she had some debts that she needed to repay, no matter what it took.

Upon the translation of the hug being given, Kirai tensed up, lightning flaring around her and sure enough the girl wrapped her in a hug. Her entire body was rigid at least until the cloak settled around her shoulders but her mind was so locked up from the sudden interaction the bond couldn't be made properly. She could see Iolana, it was faint but she couldn't share sight just yet, her mind rebelled against the idea. Her fingers dug into the dirt but she let the lightning fade away. "You can have my voice... But I won't take your eyes, not yet. I refuse to become reliant on another." She hissed out softly, obviously trying to not be so tense. Deep in her mind she gave out a small whisper to Iolana. 'I'm scared of seeing again, I don't want to see myself or what I've become. I'll need time, a lot of time before I can trust you with that.' With that she gently removed the cloak from her shoulders and put her down, shuffling away a bit.

"I appreciate the sentiment, I do but... Touch is difficult for me just now, has always been. Too many people want to touch me so they can hurt me or take what they want." She told them, clenching her teeth. "Does someone else want to start first? I need a few moments to try and calm myself."
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime1st October 2018, 7:49 am

Iolana knew she'd done something bad the moment she felt the push back from Kirai, enough to shake her whole body as she was tossed back off, spinning back to her humanoid form whilst still in the air. Once more she turned to Chiyo to get her words translated. "The only thing I wanna take is your time to get to know you," She immediately hated how cheesy that was, but it was said... signed... already. It was a bit of a pain to have to sign and have her words translated, it just made the process that much longer, but she could understand. From what she could pick up, blurry emotions really, she could understand where Kirai was coming from. Still, she pushed her luck a little, staying just a foot away from Kirai.

"My name's Iolana, from the Fushicho clan. But I prefer Lana. As you just learned Kirai I'm a Weaponkin, and my weapon form is a cloak of blades." Learning signs for the lesser known words like 'weaponkin' were difficult, but she mostly spelled the unusual words she didn't know out. "I'm still not sure what I want to do except to support Chiyo, and now you too. I didn't want to even be enrolled in the academy until I met Chiyo so we have some history and she's my best friend." She looked to huff as she turned and stuck her tongue out at Chiyo, "And I can say that now because Chiyo isn't my only friend any more," Her look was then mostly to Kirai again, gauging the other girl's reactions. "I know how to use Ash Release but I'm not the best with it yet. I'm still a bit of a newbie but Chiyo has been helping me. And I'm learning medical techniques so that should come in handy right?" She began to silently giggle then, "Get it? Handy? Because I use my hands to speak?"
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime2nd October 2018, 1:14 am

Chiyo relayed everything Lana was signing word for word, from sappy line to corny jokes. She rolled her eyes, but the small smirk on her lips showed she didn't mind it at all. She was helping her best friend after all. Chiyo considered Kirai for a long moment before she spoke "Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time to get you used to touches." She scrunched her face a bit as she realized how that could sound to others "Not that... Chiyo didn't mean for that to come out in a sexual way. She didn't mean to offend...unless you're into that and want to take it that way..." She took a deep breath and shook her head, a light flush rising to her cheeks "Chiyo is rambling so, moving on."

"This one's name is Chiyome Okinawa of the Isley Family." She gave a small, introductory bow to Kirai before she continued "Chiyo is a Cypher, so physical combat is pretty much her specialty. She has completely abandoned the use of chakra, which led to the degradation of her coils to the point where she can't even mold it anymore. But Chiyo can use the Gates now, so it's a fair trade." She smoothed the fabric in her lap idly, mumbling softly to herself as she tried to think of important things she should tell them "Chiyo is an Isley, and they are known for being masters of the sword so Chiyo wishes to be one as well. She has learned several sword styles and even created two of her own, but she is still working on perfecting the third." She reached over and ruffled Lana's hair gently "Chiyo has to be good with a sword so she can keep this nerd out of danger. And Kirai now, too. Because she is Chiyo's friend."
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 1:30 pm

Something instinctual inside of her shrank back hearing what the two were saying. They were too friendly with her already, there had to be something up. A feral part of her psyche wanted to lash out at them and push them away, get them to be wary of her but she knew that wouldn't help anything, she'd just be losing people that she'd be relying on to watch her back at some point. She took a deep breath and let it through her nose, shaking slightly as the rage dissipated, or at least mostly. "I can... Protect myself." She took a moment to make sure there wasn't any vitriol in her voice as she responded to the two girls. "I'm pretty good at staying alive, even if I need to fight for it, tooth and nail."

"However, I am Kirai Denkou, as I said earlier. Member of the Denkou Clan, not Erlang." There was definitely acid in her tone but she didn't stop it. "I lost my eyes only a few years ago. Since then I've been doing my best to learn to adapt. As a Denkou I am incredibly skilled with Lightning, even already, and I have started to make up for my blindness but not entirely. I can sense electricity around me, sense it better when I can look at it even though that makes no sense. I'm learning to use that to my advantage, spreading electricity around me, watching people intently to see somewhat how they move. I don't use Denkou style kenjutsu, I'm a shurikenjutsu user and I will be learning some Taijutsu as well. I have ideas on how to disrupt the electrical pathways in the body more than a normal Denkou due to how I can sense them." She told them plainly before getting to her and running her hands through her hair... It was pretty greasy, she'd need to wash sometime.

"What do you two do for... Fun?" She asked, her voice hesitant. She didn't know how to do small talk, she didn't know what these two would want from her and she didn't want to give too much away.
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime24th October 2018, 3:07 pm

Iolana huffed a sharp exhale through her nose as Chiyo ruffled at her hair, along with a stomp of her foot and a pout on her lips. Then she was back to signing to speak to Kirai. "I know you can protect yourself. I could feel it. Other weaponkin like me can force themselves on to wielders, and maybe before I met Chiyo I might well have been the same. I stand by my word though that you're my friend now. So we fight with you from now on."

She let Kirai speak, to tell them about herself. As she didn't seem all that bothered by Lana remaining closer, she remained where she was. She listened, formulating ideas in her mind. She'd been pondering developing a new weapon form, she just had to seek it out to learn it, and now they had their three man cell, it only made sense to balance that with them. Iolana would bond well with both of them with her powers separately. Something thrown would be good for Kirai, and a blade best for Chiyo. Perhaps... daggers? A pair of daggers sounded good.

"I like to read a lot." It was the simplest of answers. She hoped Chiyo might not out her for what exactly she read, she didn't want her new friend to know she enjoyed gay erotica, both boy-boy and girl-girl, this early after all.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime24th November 2018, 4:51 am

Chiyo played translator for Iolana without pause. She was getting used to it already, she found. Chiyo couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Lana when she said she liked to "read" "Really?" She turned to Kirai with a mischievous smirk on her lips "Lana likes reading erotica. The gay kind. She has a whole secret library full of the stuff, and she's really embarrassed about it. I don't get why its so big a deal." She laughed and wiggled her eyebrows teasingly at Lana, knowing she would get some scathing signs for what she had just done. It was worth it though.

"Chiyo's family is very training-centric. They all focus on improving their form, getting better, perfecting ancient styles and making their own. Chiyo follows that. She finds training to be rather fun, believe it or not." She scratched the back of her head and thought about all the times she spent hours and hours in the training yard, losing herself in the pleasant burn of worked muscles and lengthy exercise. It was almost pathological, if one thought about it, but Chiyo made it a point not to "Chiyo also studies a lot. Mostly battle tactics, texts on wars and different sword styles. She's pretty boring...what about Kirai?"
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime5th January 2019, 10:42 am

"Erotica, huh? Fairly interesting taste for someone young, not my kind of thing." Her face scrunched up for a moment as she repressed a few errant thoughts that came up. That didn't happen anymore, not since she'd scarred him. She listened to what Chiyo done, seemed pretty basic for a samurai family, she'd heard a lot of cases of that, kind of wished she had that for herself. Then it was her turn and she had to think for a few moments. "I hit things. Got a few places I can hide and just... Hit things, helps get rid of the anger, helps make me stronger, I get faster, my sensory gets better. I don't really have much else to do, you know?"

She tilted her head slightly and sighed. "I go on missions sometimes, just small ones, so I can get away from my house, hate it there. I hide and I sleep and sometimes I fight people. Seems to be my usual thing." She laughed quietly and then looked to the two of them, although it'd probably be slightly strange due to her covered eyes. "What do teams usually do now? Do we spar? Do we go for a walk? Do we go find a mission to do? Are we supposed to meet up with a sensei?"
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime5th January 2019, 5:33 pm

Iolana's cheeks puffed out and her gaze turned to a glare directed at Chiyome for revealing such a thing to their new friend. This also meant Lana making her absolute favourite sign; <"Jerk-off"> Lana refused to see Kirai as anything but a new friend already after all. Still, she didn't seem to immediately get any judgement so... perhaps she would be fine with it. Not like she could see what she was reading after all. A bit of a horrible thing to think, but it was true. Though listening was only giving her a couple more thoughts, namely the suggestion she'd given Chiyo to live somewhere together, why not add Kirai to that too if her home life was as bad as she was making it sound. Then she continued and... <"We've known each other not even long and already I wanted to offer you to live with us!"> She looked back to Chiyo making sure she was translating, but also because she knew this might've been a sudden thing. <"We barely spoke about already but my home life isn't so good either. Not violent like yours, but I could disappear and they would be glad.">

It was then she realised how far ahead of herself they were getting and had to pause a moment just to think. <"If you want any way. I would love to give you a home where there is no hiding or fighting. Except when someone steals my last sweet roll,"> Iolana truly did know how to sign angrily, and it showed in the latter part she directed right at Chiyo. <"But while you give that some thought, we should really get to know each other. Or I should and vice versa. The more we get to know each other, the stronger and better I can support you.">
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime30th January 2019, 8:23 pm

Chiyo looked at Iolana curiously, her face scrunched in confusion "Lana is being rather forward in offering you to live with us." Chiyo looked at Kirai and paraphased what Lana had said quickly "Chiyo's home life is acceptable but it would be nearly impossible for Lana to afford a place on her own, so Chiyo offered to live with her so the expenses are split." Chiyo's hands moved to play with the hem of her top, almost nervously as she moved on "When we get more comfortable as a team, living together might be an option but it is definitely not just be sprung when we're first meeting each other...unless Kirai is onboard. Then Chiyo would be open to doing it soon. All up to you guys, though."

Chiyo realized she might sound overly nervous about the entire thing, so she cleared her throat and stood slowly "Chiyo has learned the best way to truly get to know someone is often to cross blades with them. Sparring is definitely on the table, though Lana is more the supplementary type so she might not be able to keep up." Chiyo, shedding her earlier awkwardness with impressive ease, turned a mischievous wink to her best friend "A mission might be out of the question until we know each other and how we fight better. Until we bond more. As for our sensei...they should be here. We could try and pass the time with some good-natured sparring until they make an appearance?"
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime21st February 2019, 12:34 pm

Why were these two so forward? Didn't they understand anything about caution or healthy paranoia? Kirai paused and took a step back, her entire body tensed before she managed to realise that they were actually serious about the offer. What the hell was wrong with them? She grit her teeth and then shook her head slightly. "I thank you for the offer but that is far too forward, I barely know you two, I'd rather stick with the evils that I know for now than put my wellbeing in the hands of people that I have only just met." She paused and rolled her neck for a moment, seeming to mull over something before speaking again. "However, in order to kind of trust each other better... Do you mind if I use your place as an emergency hideout? People are getting good at finding me and I might need somewhere to sleep or put my stuff occasionally. If not, that's fine."

She shrugged and then took out a pair of kunai, spinning them around her fingers for a moment. "Waiting for our sensei to learn about our place is probably a good idea, so let's get some sparring done, see how each person gets down, yeah?" She grinned, although it was much more predatory than it was friendly and she started to bounce on her toes, getting herself limbered up. "So how do you want to do this? Free-for-all, one on one...?"
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime21st February 2019, 4:58 pm

Iolana showed disappointment when Kirai was suggesting it was fast to offer such. It did very much however make sense, and she still couldn't hide how she still wanted to reach that point. <"You can stay at my place any time you,"> She stopped dead, her hand signs going a little quickly she was aware, but no less understandable by how quickly she had in the past around Chiyo. She stopped only because she was finally letting things settle in. <"I can offer you to stay with me any time you like but I have been very forward so I understand if you would rather stay with Chi,"> She was getting a lot calmer, and understanding where Kirai was coming from.

Watching the blind girl taking out and twirling a kunai, she stepped back, thinking just how she should really do this. She glanced backwards towards Chiyo, uncertain of herself. <"I'm only a healer. I have not really learned how to fight by myself too much."> With a wave of her fingers though she was giving it some real thought. <"But I might have something that even Chi hasn't seen yet. So if you will go easy on me, I would like to show myself I'm not as helpless as I was taught,"> Giving away a little of her mentality and upbringing perhaps, but she was trying to show confidence.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime23rd February 2019, 12:26 pm

"Chiyo understands completely, and you can stash your stuff in her room or crash whenever you feel the need. Chiyo's parents are really lax when it comes to friends, usually, so it shouldn't be an issue." Chiyo moved over a bit and pat Lana's head gently as a form of comfort. She knew her friend was overly excitable and got carried away sometimes. Chiyo was sure if the girl could speak she would never shut up, but that was pretty much the case now so there wouldn't be all that much of a change. Chiyo made sure her friend was looking at her when she herself began signing "Give her time, yeah? We could all be the best of friends but that intensity could do more harm than good."

Chiyo turned to Kirai and raised a brow at her grin "That smile is really something there, Kirai. Makes Chiyo think sparring with you will be the most fun she's had all week." She giggled and drew her blades, testing the weight of each in her hands in turn. She would need to get a third one as soon as possible, even if she didn't have the means to utilize it in battle yet. She just felt so off-center without three blades at her disposal "One on one would be best. And we'll need to go easy on Lana a bit. Chiyo and Kirai first though, and you can make the first move." Truly it was because Chiyo didn't like attacking first, it sat wrong with her for some reason she couldn't quite pin down.
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime5th March 2019, 7:08 pm

"I appreciate that but it'll take me a while. I don't trust so easily." She said simply as she crouched lower to the ground, legs spreading. Her hand came down and her fingers dusted along the ground, she took a deep breath through her nose and then nodded. She could see Chiyo well enough, well... 'see' but she needed to be sure of what was happening around her. She rose up and put her hands together, fingers dancing through seals. Lightning burst around her and soaked the ground and air, highlighting everything easily for her.

She then launched a kunai at Chiyo's face at D-Rank speeds to distract her as she flicked her other hand out, sending out a bolo connected by lightning wire to try and wrap around Chiyo's ankles and bring her to the ground while giving her a minor shock as well, the bolo being tossed at D-Rank speeds as well. Kirai didn't move any closer though, instead just swaying side to side slightly waiting to see what would happen.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PunkPrincess
Admin
PunkPrincess

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime5th March 2019, 7:34 pm

"I like new friends who are understanding," It was Iolana's only answer, dashing backwards as the two of them were getting ready for a fight. She supposed as the less combatant of the new trio it only made sense, give her a bit of a leg up on seeing how to deal with Kirai if she was to spar with her after. She would be beaten, there was no doubt about that. And watching the opening moves from the blind girl, it only solidified this belief. But it would be interesting at least. In the meantime, she settled herself down, taking out her book. She was good at paying attention to two things at the same time, so why not catch up on a little Hunter Tonish novel whilst also watching. Stimulate her brain by watching a spar, and her growing maturity with a... book.
Back to top Go down
Sid

Sid

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime6th March 2019, 11:53 am

Chiyome thought for a second on what to do. Luckily she wasn't the blind one, and her natural perception as a Cypher allowed her to easily track the projectiles. She span to the left of both quickly, turning and twirling out of danger before launching herself at her teammate, all at D-Rank Speeds. Chiyo's movements held an ethereal grace that was unnatural and more than a bit unsettling. Of course Kirai couldn't see her movements, but anyone who could would describe them more as gliding than anything else. As she closed in on Kirai, she twirled her blades twice in hand before lashing each out in turn, aiming for the redhead's arms. She didn't want to do any lasting damage to her, but her shurikenjutsu was where she thrived and targeting that was good battle strategy.

Leaning:
Used:
Back to top Go down
Savannah

Savannah

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime6th March 2019, 5:29 pm

A rather peculiar individual was observing them first from a distance while concealing her presence and then when she got bored of doing so she would actually get closer and closer until she eventually just walked up to Iolana and promptly sat down with her legs crossed and her head held in her hands. Covering her body were various types of equipment meant to keep someone safe and anything not covered in them was concealed with bandages apart from her face. On her face was a fairly ghastly scar going from the top of her forehead all the way down to her chin as if her face had be split open once before and then hastily repaired but didn't heal perfectly and for that reason she would be considered a looker. Still she didn't seem bothered and judging by the flak jacket it would seem as if she were a jonin perhaps she was actually the jonin of the team meant to be supervising them. If they took a look at her they would see that there was a twig sticking out of her left shoulder, literally sticking out of it seeing as the bandages around it were stained with a bit of blood but she seemed more focused on the spar rather than paying attention to the fact that she was injured.

Team Training:
Back to top Go down
Blade

Blade

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime6th March 2019, 6:16 pm

Thankfully Chiyo was covered in electrical fuzz which made it more than easy to see her for Kirai. Every bit of her was coated, static running along her blades as she swung them. She waited until Chiyo drew closer before stepping towards her instead of back, she ducked under one blade, her hand coming up to block the other with a kunai before she spun around her body and hopped back, flicking her hands out. Two kunai were launched towards her back at D-Rank speeds and, unknown to her sight, another pair with electrical wire was launched towards her ankles again.

This time however, electrical chakra had hidden them from sight, making them surprisingly difficult to detect, especially if she wasn't prepared for them. These ones were also moving at C-Rank speeds rather than the normal D. Kirai then readied another pair of shuriken and crouched low once more to see what would happen.

As she done this however she suddenly crumpled to her knees, hands moving to her eyes. Her body twitched and she hissed out agony through clenched teeth. Sparks of electricity and strange black lightning danced around her for a few moments before she stumbled to her feet and backwards again. Pain radiated throughout her entire body, especially where her eyes used to be. She could barely feel it but she knew that trickles of blackened, thick blood were running down her face, she flicked her tongue out and licked up a droplet, face scrunching at the taste.

"We keep going..."
She snarled and dropped back to her fighting stance, shivers running through her from the pain.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And So, Our Story Begins   And So, Our Story Begins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And So, Our Story Begins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next