Naruto AU Roleplay Forum

HomePortalFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Relaunch of Naruto Beginnings!
I hope you have fun here, jump in the chat!

Share | 

Shining Brightly [Solo Training]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blade

PostSubject: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   31st January 2016, 2:56 pm

They sat before her, arranged down towards her. At the far end, the first of her blades sat; Glimmer. A Nagamaki of beautiful make and ancient power. It had been passed down to her through her family, all of which so far had been samurai, something about pure bloodline or something like that but she knew that her mother and father didn't care too much about it so she didn't really need to worry. She reached over her weapons and fondly stroked the sheath of Glimmer, feeling the soul of the weapon pulse from within at her touch, the element surging within her chakra and lighting up her body. Diamond. An odd element, one that she very rarely heard of its usage. It fit with her personality though, the glittering crystals falling around her as she fought although she knew that the weapon was dangerous, that it held a more malevolent side to its beautiful soul not that Glimmer knew. The weapon thought that all should be diamond and anything it cut slowly turned to diamond. She didn't blame Glimmer, it was naivety in the weapon's soul that the sword turned all before it to glittering, shining diamond. She sighed quietly and squeezed the sheath before sliding her hand down to the next weapon down. Her second sword.

This one was empty of a soul but had once held the potential and was made from such. Summer smiled as the touch against the crystal weapon brought back memories of Reiver, now gone to found a police force to hold the Shogunate and ASN to peace. "Oh, Reiver-sama... Why did you have to leave us without guidance." She whispered to the weapon before bowing her head. She could feel the chakra that pulsed through the weapon but it was inert now, it would be used for no more ever again. She squeezed the weapon softly and then moved her hand down once more. Something odd happened when she touched this weapon. It was something she was used to but it was still surprising in its own way. All of a sudden she could feel everything around her, a bubble around her and she could feel everything solid, she could touch the shifting currents of air as though with her hand, feeling them dust along her skin, feeling them press against her awareness. The four weapons set before her lit up and she could feel the grooves of each one, feel the edge, how sharp they were, how close they were to her and how easy it was to touch them. "Vexos. My eyes when I have none." She whispered as she ran her fingers along the scabbard. The soul of this weapon sang to her, it was a paranoid soul but it was safe in her grasp and lent her its power, she did adore Vexos and how much it done for her. Focusing deeper she could feel the chalky residue of its element pressing against her soul.

Ash. A strange element, a technical byproduct of another nature but another one that was rarely used. She shivered as she felt the particles of ash stroking her skin as the soul responded to her. A smile lit up her features and she moved her hand down for the last time to the last of her swords. This she knew was the weakest and it had no spirit with which to cry out such. However it wasn't shunned, it was an important part of her arsenal that was to be sure. "One day you will be great, my little blade, you will sing and laugh with the rest of my blades. For now you can only sing when in my hands but you shall be a symphony of pain on my foes, an orchestra of blood, my child." She squeezed the last sword and then started to pick them up, front to back. She strapped each sword onto her body at her hips. Her Crystal Nagamaki and Vexos went onto her right hip, Glimmer and her normal blade went onto her left hip. She got to her feet, feeling the familiar weight against her body and the soft bubble of awareness around herself. She was honestly glad of that, after all she lacked depth perception, that didn't exist anymore for her.

A hand came up and touched the forehead protector she was wearing, slanted down to cover her eye. She couldn't keep that eye uncovered very much at all, it was dangerous to do so as it rapidly drained from her chakra reserves, making it difficult to utilise after a while. However the powers it gave, as well as just the sight, more than made up for that. "Cherish, you are my angel." She said with a quiet giggle to herself before she got up onto her toes and bounced to the sides. She brought her hands up and against her chest, pressing against her burgeoning breasts as she done so. Growing up was difficult but at least she had good friends with her. With a hiss of breath out of her nose her hand snapped out cobra fast before coming back. She stopped her bouncing, instead hunkering down onto her feet and then stepping forwards, lashing out with two other strikes against her shadow, dancing with it from the lights around the edge of the training area. She stepped and swung around with the figure on the ground, sidestepping its imaginary attacks and lashing out with her own. A strange rhythm overtook her body and she grinned savagely as it done so. Her body slowly loosened itself up and her weapons clinked against her hips as she moved, hands dancing and her lower body following suit, listening to the rhythm that overtook her during those moments. She crouched and swept out a long kick before spinning back to her feet and then hopping back and crouching down, one hand splayed out on the ground.

"You make a good foe shadow... But not good enough. Draw." She stepped forwards and this time she took Glimmer out of its sheath and started into her weapons kata, the steel shrieking as it swung through the air. The sword song overtook her mind and she found that it wasn't good enough using only a single weapon, she had to use more. Rotating around on the ball of her foot she swapped Glimmer to one hand and her other snapped down, drawing Vexos into a wicked circular swing with her twirl. She stopped and pressed down low, body arched. Both of her weapons were spread out to her sides and her muscles were all strained. She then leaped forwards into a massive swing with both sides before turning quickly into a whirlwind of steel and hissing, her swords snapping around her like snakes as she fought with her shadow. Sweat dribbled down her forehead and flew off like rain with her movements. She bounced from her feet onto her toes and upwards, her body easily adapting to the aerial movement before her body arched over and she landed on the ground again. Falling down onto her back she rolled over and swung both weapons down at the ground.

A thundercrack snapped out into the field and the ground under Summer shattered almost explosively. The resulting force launched the young girl into the air in a flurry of clothing and whipping weapons, her long pink hair flying around her like a halo. The sky above her was beautiful. She had to admit that much. Her pink eye took it in and a smile leapt to her face as she hovered there for a few moments. She knew that it was fleeting however but at least from her current height she could see the sunrise on the horizon. "So beautiful..." She murmured, her breath taken from her by the perfection of the moment. She then rotated her body and dropped down towards the earth, sheathing both of her swords as she fell. The ground was rising quickly towards her but she wasn't scared, nothing could scare her anymore. The world was too beautiful to fear it and her friends were strong, strong enough to protect her. She closed her eye over as the ground approached her. "I love you Cherish.... I love you Omito." She murmured and then she flipped forwards, the ground coming into her awareness bubble. She landed feet down on the ground and bent her knees, the ground cracking under her landing but leaving her unscathed. Geka Seido was powerful indeed, she had to admit.

Her eye opened and she scanned around the training area, all too aware of her surroundings and her own body. She could feel the droplets of sweat trickling down her back, tickling her spine and she could feel the way her hair fluttered around her body in the soft breeze. She leaned her head back and looked up at the sky before laughing loudly and bouncing on her toes. It was just so much fun to be so free, to be so able to move and dance and love. Her life had never been better, even with the wounds she had taken and the loss she had received... She couldn't be sad about it. It wasn't a time to be upset, ever, it was a time to be joyous of the world, to partake in all of its delights and just love. Her friends were following much the same thoughts it would seem which was good. They all knew they had to get stronger to show Team 7 what they could truly do, to prove they were the best but they didn't have to be so serious, they could have fun. She had seen the way the other teams acted, she could see that they were always far too serious and that just wasn't cool, didn't they see that teams could be fun, that they could all work together to just enjoy their time as Shinobi? After all there wasn't a war on, so they didn't have to go out and die like they might have had to do. Not that Summer wasn't capable of such, she had killed before and it was the only thing that had shaken her. She knew now that it had to be done and she had accepted that but it didn't make the memories sit any easier, the thoughts of the lives she had ended already and what they might have aspired to become....

She shook her head and huffed loudly. "Nuh uh, Summer, no sads for you!" She declared loudly, pointing her hand forwards and then slashing it down to the sides before she leaped forwards onto her hands and walked forwards, flipping forwards onto her feet at the end of it. Summer took a deep breath through her nose and then drew Glimmer, stabbing it point down in the ground and sitting down before it. "To you Glimmer, I will make a solemn promise. To you, whom I speak my darkest secrets will be the only one to bear witness to this. I will not let them die. No matter what they will not be taken from me. Even if that means I must be taken from them it matters not, nothing will befall them as long as I stand and as long as I still bleed and breathe. With you at my side, my oldest and greatest friend, I will protect them. I give you my blood as witness and I give you my breath as a seal." Her voice was quiet as she done this and she reached forwards, grabbing the blade and sliding her hand swiftly down it, splitting the skin and letting her blood dribble out onto the weapon. It didn't even hurt that much, she knew just how ludicrously sharp her swords were so that was understandable. She took her hand away and then leaned in, pressing her lips to the flat of the blade and letting out a breath across it, misting the weapon. She felt the pulse of power from within the sword and she nodded, lifting it once more. Flicking her wrist she spattered her blood across the floor and sheathed her weapon before leaving. It was time to sleep.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   31st January 2016, 3:15 pm

Kk approved.

Jax...Don't make me punch you in the face:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutobeginnings.forumotion.com
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   29th March 2016, 5:51 pm

How did one understand ash? It wasn't as clear cut as Diamond, it wasn't as solid and it didn't flow properly, how was one to truly understand it? It fluttered through the fingers and Summer was having a hard time grasping it to be honest. In her mind she could make it work as she wanted it to because her mind was a powerful thing, she knew that much when she warred against others within it, something she really needed to remember to do more. If she didn't she was going to end up dying one of these days and that wasn't very good at all. She frowned and shook her head of that, going back to staring at the blade that was embedded into the ground in front of her. It was an interesting weapon and it had a powerful soul. She could feel it pulsing with her when she wore it but when she didn't she found that she felt much weaker. Was it draining something from her or was she simply relying on it too much? After all the weapon was special to her, it gave her back what she had lost now that she couldn't uncover one of her eyes without it draining heavily from her stamina. She had seen through that eye a few times but not very much... And that was the issue.

Her hand came up and touched the eye patch that she had over her left eye, splaying out her fingers against the material and letting out a soft sigh. That eye wasn't even her own, it didn't belong to her, it belonged to an evil man and it burned within her socket but the aid it gave to her she just couldn't refuse. She hadn't thanked Cherish enough for what she had given although the young medic would never accept such thanks, she thought she had done something wrong by being unable to fix Summer's eye... But it was really her own fault. She shouldn't have blocked that strike but what else was she to have done? She didn't realise that it was stronger than before she had deflected it that time but now... A shudder ran through her body and she bit down on her lip remembering what had went through her mind as she had tried to exult in their victory only to realise that her eyesight was gone due to a flying shard of her own diamond. She shook her head and pushed those thoughts away.

"Vexos, one day you will give me your secrets, but for now I must learn on my own." She told the sword before standing and pulling it out of the ground. Her awareness grew and she sighed happily. The rest of her weapons were off to the side, today she was learning how to use Vexos and its nature. She held the sword out before her and focused her chakra. With a flick of her wrist, she felt the air around her change, the ash starting to fall down, had she ever seen ash fall? Was that what it was? She had thought ash sat on the ground really but was it snow? A soft chuckle left her and she shook her head, closing her eye and tilting her head up against the soft flakes. It flowed like the wind, like snow, not like a solid at all and Summer knew what she had to do. She held the sword out at her side with one hand and performed the necessary motions before pulling the ash up around her. It formed into a sphere of constantly swirling ash and she dashed forwards, the ash drifting against her and fluttering around her as she ran, the sphere keeping pace. With how well it stuck she knew there was more she could do and she broke the sphere, bringing the materia back in and forming it over her shoulders into a cloak of ashen feathers, flicking them out. She drew more ash from her cloud and formed it to her body, a suit of blackened armour covering her, a crow's visage staring out of the blackness and she reached up, splaying her hand out against her face, talons extending from her fingers and she grinned wickedly.

The feeling of darkness that sat within her when she used her ash techniques and took on her crows it made her feel strong and she couldn't help but exult in it. Was that so wrong? It was the same when she utilised her Bewitched Blade, the bloodlust that flowed through her. Perhaps she was just overly empathic and the way the abilities made her feel wasn't evil but just her reacting to the natural state of the way they worked and learning how to control them. Hopefully she wasn't going to go insane but she had her friends to keep her away from that but until then... She turned and dashed back to her swords, drawing Glimmer and then stepping forwards. She slashed the diamond sword down through the ground and then pulled the diamond up around her. She drew the ash and diamond together into a glittering cascade around her. She danced with it, her swords drawing in the air, bringing it around with her and flicking it out like whips before she slammed both swords int oteh ground. The sparkling cloud closed around her and hid her from view although her armour kept her safe... Besides, Glimmer would never hurt her, it knew better than that, she had learned the truth of that sword and it had learned of her, they would never harm one another. She got to her feet and shrugged, the ash falling off of her. She picked up her weapons and left... Her training done.

Techniques:

~A message to all~

~When I enter the cbox, you will give me at least 5 minutes before asking me for anything. If you do not I reserve the right to hit one of your characters with any technique I wish... From any character I wish.~

This has been a friendly PSA from Dadmin Blade. Have a good day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   29th March 2016, 5:54 pm

Approved

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   9th June 2016, 11:12 am

The fog still clung to her mind, what was she missing, what had she been forgetting? She still knew how to swing her swords, if only just but something was lost to her. It had something to do with the odd aura of sensory that Vexos gave her, how far it reached out around her but she couldn't quite remember and it was really getting to her. She closed her eyes tight and squeezed her temples with her palms before sighing loudly. She still had to find a way to fight despite what was taken from her, the disjunction in her memories. So with that she clapped her hands together and looked down at the swords implanted into the ground either side of her.

The first was Glimmer, the sword she had been given first and diamond spread out from the blade even as it sat there, the ground turning glittery around the blade. She smiled and tapped the hilt of the blade, letting it spread out for now as she had to be more proactive with the nature of Vexos in order to make its element known. She drew the sword and held it upwards, channeling chakra into it she felt the blade change it to the Ash nature before a cloud appeared above her and ash started to drifted down around her, pooling on the ground in large clumps and giving her the materia she needed to learn what she wanted to. She waited until there was enough before she performed the necessary handseals and brought the Ash up around her body, the material clinging to her and giving her the frightful crow-like visage that she had been going for. A few more seals followed, she felt so slow, why was she so slow?!

The Ash reacted to her chakra however, attaching to her shoulders and fluttering backwards to seem almost like wings. She threw it out and put her sword into its sheath, a grin splitting her features under the mask of ash. She could feel the scar tissue on her cheek pulling as she done it but she had learned to ignore that now, well, mostly. Ash was an interesting nature to manipulate, it didn't feel as natural to her as diamond did, diamond was the one that resonated closest to her soul she thought and it was the one that exemplified her best. She loved the way it felt clean and bright, Ash didn't bother her but it felt as though the chakra almost... Stuck, like there was something holding her back from going all out with the nature and she wasn't sure what it was, maybe it was the requirement of materia? She really didn't know.

Well it was time to move on, she had two other things she had been practicing and now it was time to get them right, she drew Glimmer, held in her left hand with Vexos in her right and she spun around, throwing the ash into the air with Glimmer before swinging Vexos through it, launching feathers of ash forwards to patter against the far well, exploding into little bursts. She smirked and then continued her rotating motion, she still had Geka Taiyo and she used that to spin around in a circle, bringing diamond and ash with her as she rose into the air. A sphere of it encircled her and she dropped to one knee, the sphere becoming self sustaining and fluttering around her. However it had hidden dangers and she knew that much, very few others would of course.

The samurai, broken but never bowed, stepped back and let the sphere drop before she took a deep breath and let out a soft sigh, tilting her head. The rest of the ash dropped and fluttered to the ground, piling around her before she turned, sheathed her swords and left. She was done for today.

Word Counts:

Techniques:

Last edited by Blade on 13th June 2016, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Knightmare

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   9th June 2016, 2:05 pm

approved

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   13th June 2016, 8:46 pm

It was quieter here, that was something that Summer had noticed immediately. There wasn't as much bustle and there wasn't as much just flat out noise. Cities were noisy, well Villages in this case, but this place was new, it was slowly growing and that meant it had to start off small. She was happy to see Reiver-Sensei doing so well with his new work although she did miss him, he was a lot of fun actually. Sensei's friend was also pretty cool, he was the really tough type, she could tell that, he was rather stern and he liked to make jokes at the possible expense of other people's health. She was never sure if he was actually being serious about it.

A deep breath filled her lungs and she opened her eye, her other covered in her usual forehead protector. She hated how she had to keep it covered but the drain on her chakra reserves was simply too immense. She used it when she needed to and no more. Letting out a soft sigh she focused on the tree in front of her and then stepped back slightly before dropping into a combat stance, her hands held out before her. How was it that King had told her Lupine Fist went? He'd done a pretty good demonstration of it and Summer just had to recall it. She closed her eyes over and focused for a few moments, pushing aside the haze that filled her mind when she tried to bring certain memories to the fore, memories that she couldn't recover.

It was a loose style, she knew that much, hands not fully closed over into fists so that she could strike faster because the point of the style wasn't to knock out but to whittle down the defenses, slowly break them down piece by piece through repeated exposure. Or maybe it was like erosion? She remembered reading about that when she was younger; wind and water constantly pushing against rock eventually wore it down and caused it to erode and break away, that was what she was doing with Lupine Fist. Her repeated strikes would weaken the whole, breaking it away piece by piece. That was a good way to look at it. So Summer went back to focusing on the tree before striking it sharply with her hand. Her fist pierced straight through the tree but she ignored that, it was huge, the little hole wouldn't matter. She struck again, as fast as she could, fist sinking into the tree down to the pulp, cracks spreading out from the point of impact. She wasn't sure why her hands were able to pierce like they were but it was certainly dangerous, it was something she'd have to keep mostly hidden until she had to.

She started to up her movements, occasionally weaving or sliding to the side, dropping down and bringing her hands up as though protecting her face and head from imaginary attacks. It was certainly an interesting exercise and occasionally she'd pause to think back on what she had been taught by King and occasionally copying those moves, her swings coming up from down low to strike the tree and break into it, Summer stepping back and stepping in again and again to get the motion fluid. It wasn't the same as fighting a real opponent she knew but it was the best she had that wouldn't get her ass put on the ground by King again, although that was actually kind of fun in its own way.

Collecting her thoughts, this time she focused on what Jazz had wanted her to learn, the scroll that the girl had given her, perhaps as a gift? Summer honestly wasn't sure but it detailed something known as Intercepting Fist, apparently a style focusing around the Kyougan and the time-slowing ocular prowess that it gave to those that had one, usually a Mishura specific style... Summer was unsure how her friend had got it but she wasn't going to complain. She slid back and into the stance that was detailed on the scroll, she had studied, it was much looser and she swayed slightly as she sat in it before chopping her hand out, fingers slicing through the tree due to the unique abilities she had. She narrowed her eyes and slid around the tree, swiping at it before crouching low to the ground and closing her eye once more, hiding her Kyougan. The time slowing was disorientating sometimes but she done her best to deal with it. She stood up and swayed back, pain striking her mind once more. She rubbed her eyes before hiding her right eye once more and starting to walk back to the town to rest a bit.

Word Count:

Techniques:

~A message to all~

~When I enter the cbox, you will give me at least 5 minutes before asking me for anything. If you do not I reserve the right to hit one of your characters with any technique I wish... From any character I wish.~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   13th June 2016, 8:48 pm

Approved

Back to top Go down
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   26th August 2016, 5:51 pm

Sleep was difficult. She was actually surprised at how difficult it was to come by just now, what had made her so restless? She didn't know, there just seemed to be some kind of darkness lurking at the back of her mind, something that was whispering to her that she had done something wrong but had she? Summer wasn't sure, she didn't feel like she had done anything wrong but then again, her feelings were hard to put into words just now. One of her hands came up, fingertips touching cotton as they met the patch over her right eye. It was soft and it was pink, a little red love heart emblazoned on it. Her mother had bought her it not too long ago as Summer had taken to sleeping with her forehead protector on to keep her Kyougan covered. It was a wonderful gift she had to admit, even though it was incredibly simple. Distractions after distractions, it was all she had been doing recently. Summer took a deep breath and closed her eyes over, darkness engulfing the wan light that was coming through her blinds.

She replayed it in her mind's eye again and again. Screaming, people fleeing, pushing past her as she ran forwards with her team towards the fight. She was all too ready to leap in and slay the person that was attacking her sensei. The fight didn't seem to be going too well, the ground was cracked and splintered as though a massive creature had dragged its claws through the street but the beast that had done this was far more insidious. Blue hair fluttered as he leaped towards Reiver once more, the black axe he wielded glinted in the light as he brought it down, almost impossibly fast, Summer had never seen something move as quickly as that. The shockwave from the hit could be felt through the ground from where she was and she almost stumbled from the force of the blow. She had to get in there and protect him, there was no way he could fight against this, the boy was almost a force of nature and any help would be useful. That was when the other aggressor appeared, fluttering wings, falling feathers suddenly barring her path. A tall dobutsu, power emanating from her like a tangible force. She couldn't be fought, not with how Summer was just now, she was powerless, her team was powerless... But she was promised no harm as long as she didn't try to interfere. She knew though that attempting to fight would just make it worse, with this woman joining hte fray there was no chance of anyone coming out of this alive.

She remembered the stone cracking under her knees as she dropped, her head hung towards the earth. No tears came to her, only rage, pure, unfocused. She kept it within her, she raged at the audacity of this bastard for attacking her sensei, she raged at being unable to do anything, she raged at her weakness despite the training she had received from King. It was worthless just now. She could sense the same feelings from her pack mates and she slammed her hands into the ground, fingers clawing through the earth. Her muscles tensed and she let out a snarl of frustration but by then it was over. With a dancing shadow, the animal woman vanished. Her head snapped up and she saw a last flash of deep red eyes, leaking into pink, and blue hair before the boy leaped away at that same terrifying speed that he swung his axe with. Blood... There was a lot of blood, she remembered that much.

She took a deep breath, she was back in her room, it was alright, she wasn't back there. The young samurai sat up... No... She was a reaper now, she had to remember that. She scanned her eye around before getting to her feet. The air was pretty cold and the ground would have been but she didn't touch it anymore, her feet hovered just above it now. She rubbed her pyjama covered arms and then walked to the door, switching on the light and looking around once more. She noticed the change to her shadow though, of course she did. She didn't have a normal shadow anymore, it flickered slightly as the light created it, crystalline and a soft blue, it was what marked her out as greater, more so than her innate ability to levitate. A gentle crackling served to soothe her as she stared at the shadow, noting all the ways it was wrong. She reached up and gently wrapped her fingers around the tiny scythe that was hanging from her ear, she knew that the edge was sharp despite it being an ornament but it didn't hurt her, she had long surpassed that point, she didn't cut herself when she was making food anymore, the knife just bounced off. That brought a smile to her face, the silly little memories she had, her mother and father laughing when she fell over after discovering her natural defensive abilities, her hand punching straight through the floor. She wasn't even hurt, of course she wasn't, there were few physical things that could naturally hurt her now.

A pang of pain ran through her elbows at that thought. She closed her hand around one of them and moved it... It was fine now, of course it was. She ground her teeth together and released a long sigh. That fight had taken a lot out of her, the pain of having her elbows broken, her wrists seemingly broken as well, arms rendered useless, body burned and blackened due to detonating the explosive tags. She remembered the smug voice of that winged bastard after he had raped her mind, tearing away memories like they were the pages of a book. She had them back though and if anyone tried that to her again, she was going to make them regret it, she was going to turn them to a statue. She hissed out her anger through her teeth and shook herself out. Getting angry at nothing wasn't going to help her. She cracked her neck and then opened her door before pausing...

She walked back in for a moment and stepped over to a large sword stand against one of her walls. Seven blades were arranged down it, the most important at the top but all of them were useful. The first was Glimmer, the first sword she had, the thing that marked her as a true samurai. It was the most dangerous of her swords but it had the purest heart. She stroked the hilt fondly for a moment and she could feel the crystal clear soul of the weapon sing to her, Harmony sang back and Glimmer became content, it missed her, she didn't rely on Glimmer quite as much anymore. She reached to the next sword, Vexos. This weapon's soul was... Not dirtier but less pristine, it was grainy, it ground against her but it was pleasant now, familiar. It was a curious sword and it pinged her, taking her in, Harmony pinged back to it, reading the sword and she could swear that Vexos was... Surprised, or maybe it was pleased? It fell silent though and she picked it up. As her hand wrapped around the sheath fully, her awareness was expanded. She could feel the world around her shifting gently, the little movements of solid objects, the sighing of the house and it allowed her to compensate for her lack of depth perception.

This time she walked out of the room and into the kitchen, pouring herself some cereal before she sat down, legs crossed, nagamaki perched between them and resting against her body almost like a lover. Cherish and Omito popped into her head at that thought and she blushed to herself, wriggling slightly before going back to eating. Maybe she'd do some reading, something not so heavy, something that fit her mood, something bloody... She knew what she wanted to read and she had been meaning to for quite some time now. She cleaned up the bowl and spoon and put them away before walking through to her bedroom. She put Vexos back, whispering her apologies to the blade before she sat down and lifted her book. It was fantasy, full of magic, something she imagined was quite like chakra but a lot more powerful for less input and a lot more varied, people had to train it but they didn't need to train it into specific forms like she did... It was quite interesting...

[Wind Temple - May 11th - 04:13]

He stared down at his thighs, bare that they were. In fact his entire body was bare, he hadn't remembered to put on clothing. It was difficult to think sometimes... Especially with what had happened. He continued staring at his legs, marking out every little impurity in his skin, looking at how pale he was. He should get out in the sun more but he couldn't, he'd been stuck in the dark for a few months now because he was too scared to go out. He didn't want his friends to see him like this, he didn't want to see himself like this. To think of how they'd react. He knew that they would pity him, he didn't want pity, he wanted to be punished damn it! He'd failed her, let her down! He couldn't even give her life for, that was what he was made for and yet he couldn't do it. Typhoon snarled and turned, slamming his fist into the wall. His enhanced godly durability allowed him to come out damage free but not pain free.

He stumbled away from his bed and covered his face with his hands, digging the heels of his hands into his eyes and growling loudly. A few months ago, the Wind Goddess, the Goddess that Ty served under as a Champion, had died. He had been forced to take the power, as Gale had put in her will and now he was the God of Wind but he didn't know what to do! He wasn't supposed to have this kind of power. He was just a guy, he liked music, he liked having fun and messing around with his friends and now he had responsibilities. He had to find a champion, he had to take over Gale's duties, he had to commune with the other Gods to keep everything running in the world and to prevent an elemental imbalance. How the hell was he supposed to do that? All Typhoon wanted to do was lie down and cry, he could barely force himself to wash or eat.

The Wind God dropped his hands and looked at the floor. He knew he'd been punishing himself for her death but didn't he deserve to? Wasn't it his fault. He should visit her grave, he knew that much but he couldn't bring himself to. He'd angered himself now and he didn't know how to relieve it. Punish himself more? No, there was a better way; Revenge. They knew who had done it, they didn't have any proof though, not enough to start a war or bring them to justice. Ty didn't need that, not this time. He clenched his jaw, teeth grinding together before he moved over to his drawers. He pulled on a pair of briefs and black combats over the top. A dress shirt, waistcoat and socks followed after before he pulled on his boots and a long leather duster. Ty had a nickname after all and it was for good reason. A wide brimmed hat sat on his head over his blue hair and he slid his fingers along the brim, it was good leather.

Spurs clicked as he moved over to his drawers again and crouched, pulling out the bottom one and retrieving the large rosewood box that was there. He lifted it up and put it down on the bed. His fingers dusted the golden writing on the top. It was his name and he knew what was written on the inside of the lid would hurt him but he snapped the latches open and lifted it anyway. The inside was plain but a velvet pillow, cut to admit two objects, was seated in the bottom half. A picture of Gale and Ty hugging was attached to the top along with a few sentences.

"Be good, Ty. Happy Birthday, I love you. -Gale."

He closed his stormy grey eyes over, he didn't have any more tears to shed. After a few moments they flickered open and he dropped the lid back before grasping what was in the box. They were huge, especially in his hands, but they were elegant. A pair of handguns, more like hand cannons, came up in his grip. Both were of a shimmering chrome and were inlaid with jade in the shape of stylised winds, six shot chambers sat within the revolvers but their bore was much larger than even a .44. They didn't matter all too much anyway, he didn't really use the bullets very much at all. They slotted easily into the holsters at his hips and he closed the box over, snapping it shut before putting it away. "I love you too, Gale. I'll get them for this. I promise." He whispered to the empty room before letting the winds take him, dissolving slowly into dust as he vanished into the gales. He knew where he was going.

[Shadow Temple - May 11th - 04:22]

The wind was soft against his legs, his duster brushing against him as he stood there. It wasn't as dark as he expected it to be if he was being honest. He always thought this place would be foreboding, evil looking but it didn't, not really. An edifice of obsidian rose up before him around a hundred feet away, pillars inlaid with leaf of silver, accenting the moon's glow that shone down upon it from behind Ty. He liked to think he looked rather badass standing there with the lunar sphere as his backdrop but he didn't care all too much, he had a mission to do here. Whomever the assassin was... They'd come from here, their bidding ordered via the Dark Mistress herself. Gentle silver lights shone out from the windows and the air was still but Ty knew that he had been detected, no one showed up like this without being known about. He reached into his pocket with one hand and drew his right hand revolver with the other. Along the barrel the word 'Monsoon' was etched in jade. He snapped open the chamber and started to walk towards the temple. He quickly inserted the six bullets, three of them were marked with an orange line along the casing, three were marked blue. He snapped it closed and then put it back before drawing the other, this one named 'Hurricane'. The same types of bullets went in before it was holstered again. Then, a voice.

"Here to gain some perception of Vengeance, boy?" The voice was feminine but male. It was deeper than Nocturne's, Ty could tell that. He knew who it was. "It wasn't us you know, there wasn't enough proof of that now, was there?" From the shadows to Ty's side, a male stepped out. He was taller than the Wind God, maybe a couple inches short of six foot. Shoulder length, straight black hair sat on his head and his pale face was split in a massive grin, fangs on full display. His lips were too red, red like blood, red like the mist that was starting to seep into Ty's vision. "So you should just go home and cry some more, hm?" He laughed softly, guiltily or was that just Ty's perception? He didn't care.

The laughing was cut short as Typhoon slammed his fist into the Shadow Champion's face. Valour snapped back from the blow and slammed into the ground before quickly scrambling to his feet and wiping a stray drop of blood from his lips. He seemed quite shocked, Ty thought that was fantastic. "Y-you dare strike the Champion of Shadows?! Do you..." He stammered and sputtered, taking a moment to finish his sentence. "Do you know who I am!?" He called out, standing tall, probably thinking he was standing defiant.

Ty looked up at him, eyes almost dead as they stared out from under his hat. Quick as a flash he snapped his guns out and pointed them into his face. "A corpse. That's who you are." He whispered and pulled the triggers. A horrific double cannon bang sounded and Valour erupted into shadows, the bullets passing straight through where he once was and vanishing into the distance. He was expecting that to be honest, but he was hoping he would've surprised him enough. Seems not. "Game on, dickhead." He muttered.

Rotating around with the shifting of the winds, Ty snapped up his weapon, the trigger guard and barrel blocking a strike from Valour's blade. A shriek of metal on metal ripped through the night and Ty looked quickly at the blade. He didn't know the name of it but the dark grey steel, shot through with red streaks, made him worry that there was something of a magical nature to it. He wasn't going to take any chances. His other hand shot out and he channeled his magic into it, a whipcrack sounding as a condensed sphere of wind shot from the barrel, Valour sidestepped it and Ty pushed his sword aside before kicking him in the chest. The Shadow Champion stepped back from the kick and swung his blade in once more, a horizontal chop with the blade aimed at Ty's ribs. He rotated his pistols down, barrels towards the ground and caught the weapon on the barrels. Thank the heavens that Gale had those barrels reinforced. Ty drove his shoulder into Valour's chest, pushing him before punching him in the gut. The taller male grunted in pain and swung a punch into Ty's side. He let out a hiss of air and stumbled to the side.

Ducking down he avoided the retaliation swipe of Valour's blade before firing a much wider arc of wind from his cannons. It didn't really hurt him but it sent the Shadow Champion hurtling away, giving Ty a bit more space to fight. He didn't exactly do very well in close combat but he knew Valour did. The shadow warrior summoned the darkness from around him and fired it forwards like bullets, dashing in behind them with tendrils of black following. Ty's guns snapped up and fired larger wind shells, striking the bullets and detonating them, puffs of inky black erupting where the bullets struck one another. Shunting wind under him, Ty leaped back, duster fluttering to avoid the next slash from Valour, backed as it was by cancerous shadow magic to hone the lethality of the blade.

The Wind God's pupils dilated for a moment before constricting sharply, pinpricks against the grey as he watched his foe. Ty had never exactly been very tough or strong before becoming a God but his reactions and his perceptive abilities were legendary, and more so now that he had the power of divinity flowing through him. He tapped into his magic repeatedly, unleashing dozens of rounds from his pistols, each of them shattering a tentacle of darkness before he erupted into winds. Why hadn't he thought of it? Was he really that behind on his godhood? Ty smirked as he appeared behind Valour, weapons up and ready. A pair of detonations of wind launched from his pistols but Valour fell to the ground, turning to shadow once more.

Why was he wasting time with this bastard? Why couldn't he just kill him, this was a Champion, sure but Ty? Ty was a fucking God! Valour launched from the ground towards Ty but the Wind God had realised how slow he was. He swayed to the side and grabbed Valour's face before slamming it into the ground. He tapped into his secondary magic, one he had dragged on from his time as a Champion himself; vibration. Pulses of power rippled through him and he clenched his hand, fingers crushing through Valour's skull before he pulled back. The dark warrior was dead just from the fingers but Ty cast his face aside before punching the remains, splattering blood and brains around them. He wiped his hand clean on Valour's cloak and stood up, picking up the pistol he'd dropped to do that. He wiped it clean as well and then walked towards the temple. "King takes Knight, Queen is in sight. The storm is coming for you, Nocturne and the winds are howling for blood."

He snapped the chambers of his pistols open and the winds picked up two rounds, discarding the cases before placing the new ones in, red stripes. Monsoon and Hurricane rose up, red stripes locked into place. Ty aimed at the front wall of the temple and pulled the triggers. The bullets, magically charged, leaped forwards and slammed into the walls. A split second later a screaming sound exploded outwards and the front wall suddenly exploded outwards, the red stripes spreading the wind magic throughout the entirety of whatever they struck. The God of the Winds really couldn't resist looking like a badass as he strode forwards, subtle winds deflecting the debris and body parts around him so he wasn't struck, not even by a droplet of blood. This vengeance thing wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, it felt pretty good actually, it was definitely making Ty feel better. "Knock knock, bitch. Reaper's here." He called out with a laugh, guns snapping out either side of him. He didn't even need to look, he could follow the air they moved through. His fingers feathered the triggers, five shots from each cannon, ten targets dead, holes blown through their skulls. The orange stripes cauterising the wounds and the blue stripes melted their armour like acid.

The scent of blood filled the air as Ty entered the, now ruined, temple. He reloaded his pistols, boots clacking against the marble floor as he moved, apparently some lanterns had fallen over from his stunt, small flames were licking at the furniture and against the paintings on the wall. A tribute from Gale's lover no doubt. It was fitting as far as he was concerned, it was only right that Pyrion got to watch this go down. Everyone else had fled, how bothersome, he was hoping to shoot more people before the main act showed up.

It would seem he wasn't going to be so lucky, he felt the roiling liquid mass come screaming towards him down the corridor but he couldn't really... See it as it happened. All he could see was the light within the corridor vanishing at a terrifying pace as the shadows took over the entirety of light before him. He almost let the darkness touch him before he erupted into winds, letting himself drift away from the shadows that were trying to engulf him. There was a cocky smirk on his features as he reformed and kissed his pistols, face splitting wider into a grin. "Come on then, you shady bitch, let's do this!" He shouted at her as he brought his pistols back to the fore.

The Mistress of Night formed in front of him, shadows pooling around her. She didn't look happy, Ty had to say that much and she was more than a little intimidating but then again, she would kind of have to be to have the reputation that she did. Well it was a good thing that Ty was pissed off enough that he didn't care too much. This was the person that had ordered the death of Gale, that had slain the Wind Goddess, one of the people he loved most in the world. Nocturne was going to pay whether she liked it or not and he was going to ensure that she would never kill another soul again. The Goddess of Shadows looked towards the corpse on the ground a fair distance away and then back to Ty. "You killed him." She said, voice colder than ice. "My champion... You killed him. Tore him apart and yet you are unharmed. How low of you, a God, to kill a mortal."

"You know it as well as I do, he was no mortal. If he didn't want to die, he shouldn't have attacked me. He knew what I was but... I think that's enough words, yeah?" He raised an eyebrow, readying the storm in his fists. The Mistress of Night for her part just nodded and vanished into the darkness. Ty spun and brought his guns around from the outside in, blasting apart every tendril of darkness that shot towards him, sliding to the side as the blade passed by his side, cushions of air surrounded his feet preventing him from actually touching the ground, causing him to slide around rather than run. He spun and kicked her sword arm out to the side before bringing his pistols in, a pair of air bursts firing out. A shield of shadows launched up blocking the concussive blasts. Ty planted the barrels against the shield and fired a pair of blue stripes, wind rotating the chambers, they burst through the shield but Nocturne exploded into darkness.

Bursting into wind himself, Ty appeared above her, weapons pointed down and he fired a pair of orange stripes, she dashed to the side, one round scratching her arm but they did miss, hammering into the dirt with a pair of fiery upsurges. Once more he vanished unto the gales and to the side of Nocturne, a pair of rounds burst from his gun again and once more she disappeared unto darkness, avoiding them entirely. She didn't reappear immediately though. Ty read the currents and used the time to quickly reload his cannons. He scanned his eyes around and then immediately spun when she started reforming, his reactions just getting faster the more he focused. She was closer than he had realised though and rather than getting a good firing angle he instead slammed the barrel of Monsoon into her mouth and jaw, snapping her head around. Hurricane swept around but she had exploded into void once more and Ty followed suit.

This time she got the better of him as he reformed a moment too late and only just managed to avoid a slicing tentacle that tore through his clothing, cutting a gash that glanced across his rib. He snarled in pain and blew the tentacle in half with a pair of wind shells before vanishing himself. He appeared down low, crouched almost between her legs before firing a double blast upwards. The surprise of having him so close seemed to make her slow to act as it seemed like she dodged it but when she reformed she slammed into the ground and rolled back to her feet. Ty stood tall and spun his revolvers over his fingers. This was just the same as before, they were both incredibly fast and both of them could vanish into their respective elements. An idea came to him.

He fired a pair of orange shells at the ground at Nocturne's feet. She hopped back nimbly enough but the sudden burning flash of light seemed to make her shadows shy away, even the ones she was controlling. That was interesting but how was he going to use that, there had to be a way because he knew that they were solid upon striking but then again, she was flighty. Could he do as Gale did? He didn't know if he gained her magical affinities but it was always worth a try, he had to find a way to beat her and with her physical dodge she may have just handed it to him. This was going to be a fight that would be ended by a single decisive strike.

Nocturne struck first, teleporting forwards and appearing directly in front of Ty, sword and spikes of darkness firing inwards towards him. This was his chance. He burst into wind and appeared above her, guns held down, no rounds chambered. Split seconds remained, ticking down as he forced his magic into the weapons. He felt the building power within him, it crackled it, howled and it wanted to be released. He could see how this could be addicting he had to admit! However he knew one thing, a piece of Gale lived on within him; her magic. The magic channeled into the weapons far too easily, like he was born for it and he pulled the triggers. Hammers should have struck nothing but instead they struck power. The lightning chambered within the weapons exploded outwards in a blinding flash and Nocturne attempted to fall away into her shadows to escape but that was the problem; the light was too bright. The shadows around her had vanished and she had nothing to disappear into, her domain was her downfall. The twin bolts of lightning slammed into her, one in her mouth, the other in her shoulder. Her head exploded like a grenade, shards of bone and blood firing out and her arm was ripped off from the force of the blow, sent flying off to the side streaming blood. Her ribcage compacted and she slammed into the ground, folding like a bad hand of cards. Ty spun end over end and landed on the ground in a crouch. "Don't you know, Nocturne... Storms bring lightning."

He got up and blew the smoke from the barrels of his pistols and holstered them, thank the Gods for wind magic to keep his hat on. He turned to look at the ruins as the fires licked at them further, climbing up the building's walls. He then sighed and dragged the bodies into the building, dumping them side by side. "Do your thing, Pyrion... Let them be forgotten now." He whispered, eyes watching the pair of corpses, corpses he had made. He had something else to attend to now, something more important. He slowly turned to dust once more, fading away into the winds before transferring himself to where he needed to be.

[Hollowstone Cemetery - May 11th - 04:31]

It was raining. That was good. He wanted it that way, it helped wash the blood off of his hands. He didn't want to seem unpresentable in front of her now, did he? He wiped his hands off on his duster and took off his hat before falling to his knees in front of the plot before him. He put the hat down and bowed his head, letting the rain stream into his hair and drip down his cheeks and neck. He didn't mind the cold, not really. He felt like he deserved it. Reaching down he unhooked the holsters for his pistols before putting them down as well, wasn't right to have a weapon in front of a lady after all. "Hey Gale. You're looking good today." He said as he finally looked up to the grave in front of him.

It was simple but Gale didn't like things fancy. Shining white stone, dusted with onyx and ruby that marked out a compass and the four winds. The writing was in a beautiful emerald script and he smiled at it. "Here lies Gale Windess, First Goddess of the Wind, The Storm's Haven, Loved by many, Lover of all, Mother of Grace and Beauty."

He reached up and wiped his eyes. It seemed like he did have some tears after all and he bowed his head, tears dripping down to the ground along with the raindrops that ran down his cheeks and his nose. The storm grew heavier around him, pouring down on top of him, each drop feeling like a hammer as he cried over the grave of his Goddess, of his mentor, of the person that meant more to him than anyone else. He fell forwards onto his hands as the crushing weight of what he had done hit him, the blood that still stained under his nails, etched into the cracks of his skin. Vengeance wasn't very sweet at all, it was bitter, it was galling and he coughed out a sob. He wanted Gale back, he wanted to be hugged and told he was loved. "I... I miss you, Gale... I want you back..." He whimpered and curled up into a ball, sobbing. "I love you, mom, I love you so much..."

Well... That was certainly quite emotional. She frowned and stroked her chin before she marked the page and put the book down. She flopped down onto her back, spread out on her bed and staring at the ceiling. Had it really been worth it reading that? Now she was even more restless! "Confound my silly mind..." She mumbled, using a word she'd read in that same book, although not that segment. She rolled out of bed and then picked up her weapons, strapping them to her body. She didn't really care about the fact that she was still in pyjamas. She was going to tire her body out so that she collapsed and got some accursed sleep, it seemed to be the only way to get her to fall asleep nowadays. She walked outside, weapons clicking softly but she didn't wake up her mother or father which was good, she didn't want them to worry about her although they already did so, especially with how brutally she had been wounded in the past... She was strong though, stronger than most, she was going to be the strongest one day so that she could protect her friends, her allies, those that mattered, she would never stand by and let someone die again, stars as her witness.

To be honest though she wasn't really going to be using the swords that she was currently wielding, this training section was focusing almost exclusively on the scythe that was studded into her ear because it was what marked her as a Reaper and it had a power much like Glimmer or Vexos, it gave her a chakra nature. Harmony almost purred with delight as she connected with that nature, could feel it crackling through her body, feel Harmony's soul within it. She let out a long breath and focused the chakra into her body, lightning starting to crackle through her hair, through her eyes, through her very skin. She had heard of and she had seen the use of chakra nature Release Armours but they were always used by ninja, they were always about defending the body... Ninja were usually so easy to harm but you had to get through a lot of stuff to get to them. She remembered the armour deflecting all of the strikes as she aimed to tear apart the Harpy that attacked her... That was galling but never again. She released a long breath, feeling her body crackle with power and she rolled her shoulders before bursting off at a ridiculous speed, watching the world move more slowly around her as she watched it. She leaped off of the air, drawing blades and rotating around. They pulsed with her lightning, the soul of Harmony running through her entire body. She could feel the scythe sing in bliss due to this power.

Her foot planted against the air itself and she rocketed back to the ground, rotating over and ploughing her feet through the dirt in front of her house. She tapped into Glimmer, weapons shining with diamond as she drew them from their sheaths, the light from her armour bouncing off of them and flickering out around her and she drew her chakra in. Finally she tapped into Vexos's nature, feeling the grit run against her although it was soft, of course it was. Ash exploded out from around her, dusting over the ground and she dropped to one knee, weapons sheathed and fists at the ready, eye snapping around. The world was... Particularly slow just now... What had happened? The slight touch to the ground was crystallising the ground around her much faster now. That was strange. She felt the songs of her swords, although her samurai swords were different, their song was clearer, more powerful, Glimmer was more... Determined, ready to unleash its might against all whom opposed it. Vexos was more focused, linked to her eyes, she could feel it. She reached up and shifted her eyepatch, revealing her active kyougan. The eye shone and she could see how the world moved around her, almost... Just before it actually did. This was much, much more than time-slowing, she could almost see things before they actually happened her perception was so powerful. A smirk hit her lips and she covered her eye again... That was certianly going to be powerful. She dusted herself down and then set herself to training again... It was going to be a long night but a damn good one...

Word Counts:

~A message to all~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anansi

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   26th August 2016, 5:58 pm

Ceadaithe

The Mauve Spider
Qeynan H. Taki
"Mad? Me? Well...I might just be so. But let me tell you, the best people usually are!"

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
Cthugha | Dagon
Shub-Niggurath | Nyarlathotep
Ithaqua | Hastur
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Characters List
*Totally didn't steal the spreadsheet from Yuki...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   15th April 2017, 5:22 pm

"So both of you are Living Weapons that exist much better on the Mental Plane and can eventually bring me there, like that bird person had done?" Summer asked softly, looking at the bracers attached to her arms.

"Indeed, my Lady Summer! We don't always get along..." Summer knew that well enough and remembered their arguments. "...But we do our best and try and help out." In finished.

"Well thank you for that... Hm... Why don't you try and tell me a story then, see if I can get a better mental connection to you both?"

"That sounds like a great idea," Ui spoke up, sounding happy. "I know just the one!"

How long was she going to lie there, staring at a blank ceiling and wishing that it wasn't so? How long was she going to do nothing but sit there and wish for something to change. Was she not going to change it herself, was she not going to make it so that she could interest herself, so that she could make what was drab beautiful? A sigh escaped her lips along with a puff of purple dust. It fluttered around her and she reached up, stroking her fingers through it. It felt like crystals, little shards of something within it that bounced off her fingers as she moved them. It was certainly interesting and she wasn't certain in the slightest why it happened. It had been happening for a while now, she would breathe or move and little clouds of dust would rise from her body, float around her and...

It vanished. Just like they always did. It just faded away and left her alone again. Why was it so elusive? She couldn't bring it to anyone else, her mother and father were at each other's throats, and her own, enough that there was no point even trying to bring it to them, they'd just tell her to go away, she didn't matter did she? Nyx sat up, escaping the softness of her austere bed. The quilts were white but they were ruffled now due to her movements and where she had been lying on them. She ran her hand over it, looking at the pitch black of her skin, the sparkles that ran over her flesh. She knew that most of her body possessed those sparkles but she didn't understand them. Lux tried to explain to her that it was his influence in her creation, the void black skin she possessed was due to her mother Nocturne, the Goddess of Darkness. Nyx didn't really understand it but they were the elder Gods so she was forced to just go along with it. She got up and looked down at her bare feet, wiggling her toes against the carpet. Purple painted toenails stared back at her, she knew that her parents would be bothered if they learned she'd done that but she didn't care, she wanted to look pretty.

The young girl moved over to her drawers, opening them up and pulling out underwear. She tugged it on and flicked the waistband to make sure they were sitting right. She pulled out a pair of shorts and pulled them on, they were white in colour. A white shift covered the top half of her body, drifting down around her barely burgeoning hips. She was still young, Nocturne assured her she would eventually grow into her curves. It seemed to be taking too long as far as Nyx was concerned but she'd had enough of complaining about that. She looked up and then took a deep breath before moving to flop onto her bed again but she stopped, sat down instead and pulled on a pair of fluffy socks. It was cold outside after all. Getting up she moved over to the balcony doors before pushing them open and stepping outside. Black greeted her. The empty expanse of the sky lay above her, looking down like some massive eye, constantly watching, constantly judging with its vast void. She put her hands on the marble balcony, fingers digging in as she watched it. It was worse than her ceiling. Sure her room was bare but it was at least pleasant, there was furniture in there, it wasn't entirely spartan. She looked over her shoulder for a moment before shaking her head. She didn't want to look at the sky, instead she started to look out over her surroundings.

The settlements were only just starting. They were small things, wood and stone and mortar, built by mortal hands, nothing but labour and determination to make them function. She didn't know how they managed it but it was certainly inspiring. What could she do if she put her mind to it? What things could she do with her hands? From what her mother and father were telling her... Nothing. She was an accidental creation, a being that should not have happened. She didn't have a purpose. A sigh, another cloud of glitter. "Leave me alone! You're useless just like me!" She told the dust before pushing it away with her hands and slumping against the railing. She deflated and closed her eyes over, dull black locks falling down around her face. Why did she even exist? Light and dark came together and all they made was her... What was her purpose? A muted purple eye opened and found a town sitting there in a glade, light like a pool. Light in darkness... Light and Darkness together.

Her eyes widened and she stood up. A purpose, that's what she'd been lacking but when light and dark came together, the light shone through, was she the connection? She breathed out, the dust swirling in front of her and this time she grabbed it, she truly grabbed it and held it in her hands, feeling the pulsing within it. She turned around and cupped it, holding it close, letting it all swirl together and focus. She poured her soul into it, her need for a purpose, her desire to be different, to be better, to be something more than just a loose end, she had a purpose!

The dust coalesced together in her hands, turning into a small sphere. It shone with blue-white light and it pulsed softly like a heartbeat as she held it up, the glow reflecting in her face, in the pink that lit up her eyes, the purple and magenta and lavender that shot through her hair. She had a purpose, she had a calling after all, something she was made for. She tossed the first star upwards, letting the light shine. She knew what she was.

The Light in the Dark

With the story done, Summer thanked both of her weapons and gently kissed them both before putting them away and getting up. It was a bit odd hearing a story like that but she liked it, it was nice in the end up. With it she also felt that she definitely had a deeper connection to her weapons.

Spoiler:

~A message to all~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anansi

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   15th April 2017, 5:40 pm

Approved

The Mauve Spider
Qeynan H. Taki
"Mad? Me? Well...I might just be so. But let me tell you, the best people usually are!"

━━━━━━━━┛ ✠ ┗━━━━━━━━
Cthugha | Dagon
Shub-Niggurath | Nyarlathotep
Ithaqua | Hastur
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Characters List
*Totally didn't steal the spreadsheet from Yuki...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   2nd May 2017, 12:38 pm

Steel split the air with a whistle, flashing under the lights. Summer could have sworn she had actually rent the air as she done it, the wind clamping down to fill the void afterwards. Her movements sent her into a turn and she dropped to a knee, that indescribable sense of hers letting her feel the movement of the sword behind her. The blade passed over her head and her eye caught sight of the diamond clone wielding it. She brought her sword down and around, clamping it to her side, hilt gripped between both hands. She then slid forwards slightly and rammed the hilt up, hammering it home into the clone's body. It detonated into a cloud of diamond shrapnel sprayed backwards into the wall of the training yard.

Summer then released a hand from the hilt and slapped the top of it, sending the long blade behind her flicking up and deflecting a strike from the other clone that had dodged her first hit, its sword being knocked aside. She spun on her heel and swept the clone's legs out from under it and, sticking her sword to her hip with chakra flow, stepped forwards and hammered both of her hands into its chest, causing it to shatter into half a million pieces that sprayed the floor. She took a deep breath and got to her feet, wiping the sweat off of her brow and collecting the swords that the clones had been carrying. It was quite easy now to set them into an attack pattern, clearing her mind so that she had to rely on her reflexes to fight them, they weren't fully autonomous after all but she could line up a series of things for them to do.

After sheathing all of her swords she walked over and picked up the two bracers sitting off to the side before clamping them onto her wrists and clenching her hands a few times to make sure they were sitting right. "Inui-san, you were telling me that there is something new you might be able to show me how to do?" She asked the two of them and they sent the mental equivalent of a nod to her.

"Yes yes! Together we can enable you to become overshadowed by a projection of pain, in essence you almost become pain itself! This allows you to enter something known as the Mental Plane! Like the place that Genjutsu exists and stuff!" In-kun told her and she nodded. "So that's what the bird person done in order to avoid my explosion?" She asked in return and it was Ui-chan that responded this time. "Indeed! He entered the mental plane which made him immune to effects on the physical, if only you had used genjutsu on him! But at that point we think you were quite broken which is... Not good. We were sad to see him die and disappear but he wasn't careful with his sanity. As you see, being in the mental plane entirely is not healthy on the mind and will rapidly fray your sanity, eventually causing you to become one with the mental plane! Isn't that fun?" Ui-chan sounded far too happy about this but then again, Summer didn't fully expect her to understand. So the sannin simply laughed.

"Unfortunately not, Ui-chan, it wouldn't be too nice to no longer be on this world. I have friends that I need to keep safe and I can't do that if I lose myself to the mental plane. So what is it I need to do in order to become intangible?" She asked them and with a quick burst of thoughts they explained the process to her.

The swordswoman took a deep breath and then let the pain wash over her, she was used to it but it wasn't true pain, it was like a distant recollection of it, a faded memory of pain that crawled through her skin, turning it pitch black. She looked down at her body, noticing the quite terrifying change in her body. She had seen much worse in her time however, there was no fear in her mind, she knew what this was. She could also feel the gnawing at her mind, like an insidious illusion trying to drive her to madness. It didn't last too long however as she let the black drain out of her skin, returning her to normal. She stretched for a few moments and then nodded, it seemed like everything was just fine.

Now she just had to test that it actually worked. She created another diamond clone and handed it a sword before instructing it to try and cut her to pieces. As the sword flashed down towards her she let herself fall into the mental plane, her skin turned black once more and the sword passed straight through her without her even feeling it. The clone tried multiple times and each time it just went through her not even bothering to disrupt her form let alone actually damage her. That would be an incredibly useful trick to have and she was glad that Inui had imparted the information onto her.

"Thank you, both of you, this will be a lot of help in upcoming battles." She told them and got happy assents in return. Finally she let the intangibility drop and deflected the clone's sword to the side before punching it in the face, shattering it. She turned and caught her sword before sheating it and grinning. Life was good, she was getting stronger every day and soon she would become Kage. It had been a life long dream for her and she was definitely looking forward to it all she had to do was fight one of the most powerful beings on the planet and subdue it before locking it away inside of a child. Not a pleasant option but it was one she was going to do nonetheless. After rolling her shoulders and checking her weapons she decided that she'd go see Cherish and talk to her for a bit, make sure everything was in order. It had been a few days after all, Summer had been training quite hard.

Spoiler:

~A message to all~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   2nd May 2017, 1:23 pm

Approved

Back to top Go down
Blade

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   10th October 2017, 4:35 pm

Summer sighed and paced back and forth, her nerves in absolute tatters. She shouldn't be like this, she knew it, she was supposed to be stronger than this. Yet what was coming for her was greater than anything she had ever faced before. A Bijuu, a real one, was coming for her, a beast of unimaginable power and destructive capability and it was moving for one of the villages she called home, that she loved, full of people she cared for. Summer ground her teeth together and stopped, narrowing her eye. Was she going to let this get the best of her? Was she going to let the fact that the creature was gargantuan and powerful beat her down? Absolutely not. She needed to get her calm back and start to focus once more, so with that she sat down on her bed and pulled out a book to read, letting the words calm her down and bring clarity to her mind. It seemed she had chosen well too...

Waiting was always the most boring bit. Selena sighed and planted her chin onto her hands, pouting as she looked over the sleepy city that she had taken into her care. Well that made it sound like she had done so peacefully but really she had just ousted every other vigilante, they weren't as good as her anyway. Her mama always told her that she was gonna be real special and that was so obvious now. However being special meant a lot of waiting around for someone to try and harm her city so she could stomp them into the ground with acrobatic flair and grace. Flipping backwards onto her hands, Selena pushed down and launched herself a shortways into the air to land on her feet on the precipice of the building. She stretched her arms out and yawned. The frills and ribbons of her dress fluttered around her and she reached around to make sure the twin tails of her skirt were floating free. The silver and deep purple material of her dress caught the moonlight with a glimmer and a dazzle and she couldn't help but do a little twirl before realising that something had... Exploded.

Smoke flew into the air from across the city and a grin split Selena's face as she reached up and pulled on her mask, purple velvet hiding most of her features apart from the crescent moon tattoo under her right eye. "Here we gooo~" She cooed in delight and leaped off the building. The wind whipped at her hair, sending the thick red locks flaring out behind her as she plummeted towards the ground, lights and glass passing by her in a blur. Throwing her weight back, her feet touched the wall and she slid down it, velocity slowing only slightly before she pushed off, launching herself perpendicular to the building she had just jumped off of. The next rooftop soared past under her and she spun, throwing out a hand to catch a carefully placed flagpole, spinning around it before dropping down and leaping off of this building. Energy flooded her being, the strange power running through her body stopping her from sustaining any harm from her antics.

Her boots thudded against the empty roads as she sprinted towards the source of the explosion, outspeeding any normal human by several magnitudes. She reached the area just as another building exploded... Well... Was punched into nothingness so hard it seemed like an explosion. A young man stood among the dust and rubble, a shock of black hair sitting on his head like a discarded mop. His hands were wreathed in smoke and he turned towards Selena, eyes narrowing and breathing heavily, smoke spewing from his lips. Seemed like she had a real hot-head here and it was literal.

"Shellshock... I was hoping to find you here..." He growled at her and it took a moment for Selena to remember that was her superhero codename, she was a real dumbo at times. Her hand came up and gently scratched the top of her head, a chuckle leaving her lips. "Well I ain't gonna just sit around and let some milkdrinker punch ma buildings down, yeah?" She told him with a grin, putting her free hand on her hip. It would seem that had left him mighty ticked off though as he let out a snarl and charged at her. "Dang it, was hoping you'd have some banter with me rather than charging like a stupid steer, ah well."

Shellshock rolled her neck and leaped forwards, putting her hand on the boy's head and launching herself off, nudging him off balance and sending her soaring into the air. Guess it was time for a gal to have some fun. A flicker of her power and her swarms came to life, forming and crafting something from nothing. That something just so happened to be rifles. They were a bit outdated, in appearance anyway, being that they were wheellock blackpowder rifles done elegantly in black and silver with crescent moon markings decorating the entirety of the barrel. Four sprung into existence around her and she spun, catching two with satisfying clicks, letting the other two fall to the ground.

Triggers snapped and the guns roared, twin bolts of searing silver light erupting from the barrels just as her opponent turned to face her... She was pretty sure she'd heard of him, Crusher maybe? The bolts slammed into him and shunted him into the dirt, cracking the ground under the force but he seemed mostly unharmed, stupid invulnerables. She flicked one gun behind her and kicked off of it to land on the ground between her next two, the previous ones bursting into shards of moonlight. A kick sent the guns up into her hands just in time to meet Crusher's charge. She sidestepped and fired the first one point blank under his jaw, stumbling him so she could plant the second against his knee and blow him into the ground against. Six more guns sprung into being around her and she chased her foe. Two more blasts forced Crusher's body to make a crater under the impact but he dodged the next volley, pushing himself aside with his tremendous strength.

A huff left Shell's lips and she burst her guns apart again. Smoke was starting to get in the way and although she was a bit of a clutz and not really a city girl, she understood that stepping her not so tough frame into that shifting unknown would lead to her untimely demise. So instead she hopped backwards in time for him to burst from the darkness to try and punch her in half. Her body lithely twisted out the way and she ducked under the next punch, swinging her fist up into his stomach and then backflipping away to cradle her hand against her stomach for a moment. "Lordy! Are you made of metal! Was like punching my pa's barn." She flicked her hand and blew on it to lessen the pain but was immediately forced to dodge the next series of impossibly strong blows from her enemy, who was screaming the entire time. Did he not like getting shot? Maybe he shouldn't have such a shootable face then. She decided to prove that point.

Missing a punch over her head, Crusher turned just in time to have the barrel of a rifle press into his eye and snap his head back with an eruption of energy. It threw him backwards and into a building, shattering the stone under the impact. Getting hit by the equivalent of a howitzer wasn't really good for your face. Unfortunately for Shellshock, the boy wasn't done yet and he dragged himself out of the rubble, purple and black bruising already appearing over his eye but that was it. "Uuggghh... Stop being so tough ya bloody bull!" She shouted at him, stomping her foot. "I don't wanna play seriously, so just fall over and give up will ya!" She huffed and let out a quick breath from her nose.

If Crusher was listening to her, he didn't show it and instead he just cracked his knuckles and neck, sending a shudder of disgust down Selena's spine, she hated when people done that. She sighed and rolled her eyes, summoning another four rifles to land barrels down around her and two into her hands. She brought them up and fired them, bolts of coruscating silver might launching towards Crusher but he sidestepped one and punched the other out of the air to continue hunting her down but it seemed like he burned his knuckles striking her shot. At least she knew she could hurt him but she might need to use her bigger guns. Letting him get in close she twisted away from a strike and kicked a gun into the air, firing it with a flick of her wrist and slamming the round into his shoulder. Another followed, barrel punching into his cheek before she fired. With him suitably off balance she started to work on him. Guns appeared just as quickly as she fired them, dancing around him and raining shots down at point blank range, knocking him forwards, backwards, even up into the air with a double barrel under the chin. As he fell, she slid to one knee and brought another rifle to jab into his spine, bending him over it as she fired, launching him into the air to fall to the ground a few feet away with a sickening thump.

It was time to finish the job now. She summoned another rifle and walked over to his body, resting the barrel against his head. Of course such drama always came back to bite her toushie. Crusher's hand snapped up and grabbed the barrel of the rifle and with his immense strength he threw her. She soared down the street, a determined frown on her face. Spinning in midair she slammed feet first onto the wall of a building and stood there, dusting herself down. That strange energy flitted through her body once more and she shook herself out. She needed to stop opening herself up to attacks like that, seriously.

She looked towards the road, which was ahead of her now, in time to see Crusher leap forwards and slam his fist into the building. Cracks and fissures appeared up the entire building, chasing directly towards her. She squeaked and turned, sprinting up the face of the building and leaping, casting herself into the air with a few frontflips for good measure. At the height of her leap she turned and started falling back towards Crusher who crouched and leaped up to meet her. A smirk hit her lips and she formed another rifle, this one was different however. The barrel was longer and wider and she straightened out a leg, swinging the rifle down to slam the barrel against the toe of her boot. A crosshair sight appeared near the top, popping up from its flush position. Crusher drew closer and Shellshock pulled the trigger. Energy rippled down the weapon, the markings glowing with ethereal power before the bolt exploded from the barrel and slammed into her foe's shoulder. It punched straight through his body this time and sent him hurtling down into the ground with an eruption of smoke, dirt and fractured concrete. She threw the longbarrel away, shattering it into shards as she fell and landed softly on the ground, crouching to mitigate the impact.

Once more, Crusher got to his feet and Selena groaned loudly, lolling her head back before deciding she had had enough of this little twerp. The hole through her opponent's shoulder bled profusely, crimson dripping to the floor under him but he just seemed angrier and readied himself to charge at her. She dropped to one knee and called upon her power, the swarm forming a gargantuan cannon against her shoulder. The barrel extended forwards and a massive crescent moon wheel appeared on the side. She braced the side with one hand and wrapped her other around the trigger array. With a scream of incoherent rage, Crusher launched towards her. Just as when she was falling from the sky, Shellshock pulled the trigger. The crescent moon exploded into life and howled as it spun, a beautiful silver-white light appearing in the barrel before it screamed forwards at Crusher, the sheer force causing Shellshock to slide backwards along the ground. The beam struck her foe head on and he held up against the glare for only a few moments before he was burned away, the beam continuing past him, melting stone, metal and glass in its wake as it ruined the street. The frankly absurd weapon finally sputtered out and she shattered it, feeling much more tired for it. Selena sighed and wandered over to the carbonized stain on the ground that was all that was left of Crusher. "Huh... You lose. Who'd'a thunk it?" She chuckled and put her hands behind her head, walking back home. That was her good deed done for the day, her mama hadn't raised no quitter, she'd raised a warrior and a dang good one at that!

A feeling of excitement washed over her and she put the book away, getting up once more and getting changed. Gaia above it was good to feel like this. She hadn't felt this energetic in a long, long time. She pulled her weapons on and checked each of them, feeling the surge of power through her fingertips as she done so. The Gobi wouldn't know what hit it if it tried to destroy Hakagakure. She slammed her fists together and then made sure her room was tidy. After all, it was possible that she was never coming home but she doubted that, nothing so far had killed her and she wasn't going to let some oversized horse do it to her. Not when she had so much to live for. Her parents already understood what she had to do and they wouldn't stop her, they were too old though to help but that was alright, she was independent, she didn't need her parents around all the time. She stepped outside and cracked her neck and fingers. She'd trained the best she could, now she just had to hope and pray that all the work she had put in was good enough and if she done this right... There might even be a promotion in it for her and she could start making some real changes around here. With the dark thoughts banished, Summer set off. It was time for victory.

Training Info:

~A message to all~

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aurielle
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   10th October 2017, 4:36 pm

Approved

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shining Brightly [Solo Training]   

Back to top Go down